Author Topic: Persona 5 Thread | "Let's call it a day and go to bed."  (Read 88951 times)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Re: Persona 5 Thread | "Let's call it a day and go to bed."
« Reply #300 on: April 14, 2017, 10:21:37 AM »
It wont let me call the phone and I've had Guts 2 for a while yet. I've been farming Guts 3 to talk to Iwai (the gun store clerk)

I assume you can only call during the day?

Only the evening, and usually only on Friday and Saturday.

Can be any day, AFAIK.

What you need to do is do Operations Maidwatch. Then you call her up on the Phone with the appropriate guts. So fistful should be able to do it. You need cash 5,000¥ or so every visit though.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #301 on: April 14, 2017, 10:29:21 AM »

What you need to do is do Operations Maidwatch. Then you call her up on the Phone with the appropriate guts. So fistful should be able to do it. You need cash 5,000¥ or so every visit though.

Well, this hasn't triggered for me yet. Is it triggered at a certain s-link level for Ryuji? I'm at 3 I believe.
nat

thisismyusername

« Reply #302 on: April 14, 2017, 01:14:24 PM »

Well, this hasn't triggered for me yet. Is it triggered at a certain s-link level for Ryuji? I'm at 3 I believe.

Not that I'm aware of.

Just checked the guide:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
6/2

Maid event
This is one of the events where I found a flaw with my schedule. During this scene, you get the opportunity to compliment Ryuji. Doing so actually causes his next rank up to occur one event sooner than what I have listed. To stay completely the same with the schedule, you will have to pass on earning these bonus points. In the future, I'll be looking into adding this response to save even more in-game time.
[close]

thisismyusername

« Reply #303 on: April 14, 2017, 01:15:49 PM »
Anyway, get 5million-ish¥  off an hour of confusing one of the early Mementos bosses. :rejoice

I don't have to worry about money again. But I kinda want to grind that last 4 million out. :doge

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #304 on: April 14, 2017, 01:27:41 PM »
Is there a trophy for 10mil
What

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #305 on: April 14, 2017, 02:52:05 PM »
Yup, back on the rails in mid-late july.

Having 4 or 5 evenings in a row where the cat denies you from leaving your room OR EVEN MAKING TOOLS AT THE DESK can get fuuuuucked.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #306 on: April 14, 2017, 05:28:16 PM »
Reached level 4 Guts with everything else at level 3, finally able to do the Gunstore's s-link but guns are used too little to make it a priority right now  :doge

Maid level 10 perk  :gladbron Gonna work on my stats in the meantime because I know the game won't give that up easily

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #307 on: April 14, 2017, 05:29:31 PM »
Anyway, get 5million-ish¥  off an hour of confusing one of the early Mementos bosses. :rejoice

I don't have to worry about money again. But I kinda want to grind that last 4 million out. :doge

Which? I'm gathering targets for a Momentos run now via getting info from working jobs (I might be too late  :'( )

thisismyusername

« Reply #308 on: April 14, 2017, 06:12:13 PM »

Which? I'm gathering targets for a Momentos run now via getting info from working jobs (I might be too late  :'( )

I'm not sure of it's name, to be honest. But it's like the second boss you fight in Mementos. I'd suggest just confusing each boss and if it sticks, do that.

Which ever one summons the Oni. It gave me trouble solo'ing it with my MC because Oni is resistant to damage and confusion only sticks for 3 turns.
[close]

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #309 on: April 14, 2017, 06:26:04 PM »
I don't think you really need to go after any boss in particular. I got a persona with the right skills and only mediocre luck [about 19, I think] and went to town on the first available Mementoes boss. Ended up netting a cool 400k [20k a pop, about once every three turns] before I finally ran out of SP. Of course, now that I've got a fat stack of cash I can get some SP-restoring accessories.
dog

thisismyusername

« Reply #310 on: April 14, 2017, 08:29:14 PM »
I don't think you really need to go after any boss in particular. I got a persona with the right skills and only mediocre luck [about 19, I think] and went to town on the first available Mementoes boss. Ended up netting a cool 400k [20k a pop, about once every three turns] before I finally ran out of SP. Of course, now that I've got a fat stack of cash I can get some SP-restoring accessories.

There's a few that won't be Confused. The person that did the video made a list of the available requests that you can farm in Mementos for it:

https://imgur.com/NKtDEz2

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #311 on: April 14, 2017, 08:57:59 PM »
Futaba's description of Mishima lool

Rekt

kek
What

thisismyusername

« Reply #312 on: April 14, 2017, 11:34:34 PM »
Well, got up to the 4th Dungeon tonight. I guess I'll try to power through the infiltration tonight maybe. The summer months are dragging hard because of how railroaded you seem to be compared to Persona 3-4.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #313 on: April 15, 2017, 08:24:13 AM »
Got to November 20th. You'll see when you get there.

The second half of the game has awful pacing compared to previous ones. I'm like a month away from the end at level 50, and I was around level 40 going into the 6th dungeon. It started throwing 2000 XP fights at me left and right to rapidly boost my level. But I'm still nowhere near able to fuse the really interesting personas, and I'll get like one dungeon max to play around with them.

Feels like there was another big dungeon that was supposed to be either between 4th and 5th or 5th and 6th that got cut.

Wow dude that sounds terrible.

When nov.rolled around I had plenty of lvl 50-55 persona's, my confidants are around 5 because i lack proficiency and charm but that doesnt mean im.gonna restarr a save. I mean why would you? The game doesnt punish you for it right? I believe i can still get a good ending

Also doesnt this game last till april? December isnt the end right?

Honestly it sounds like you want to do more then possible. Just relax man, ya aint got nothing to worry about!

I dont think the game.is unforgiving at all, in any way..
What

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #314 on: April 15, 2017, 10:44:00 AM »
I honestly can't tell whether Jack is enjoying playing this game or not. :lol

But for real, drop the difficulty and stop freaking out over trying to min/max everything, especially if it's just making you frustrated all the time.

And it all comes back to that stupid fucking cat and 10 minute afternoon meetings that tire you out so much that you have to drop everything and rest up for another 10 minute meeting the next day. It would be one thing if it felt like my own lack of time management fucked me over. Instead, I can't help but resent the cat and the way the developers set up the system as I see precious days slipping away.

Nobody's getting those days, therefore the game is at least in some way balanced around them never being available for anything other than mandatory stuff. And virtually everything other than s-link rank carries over into New Game+, so you can easily pick up all the things you missed on a second play through [while skipping through scenes you aren't interested in].
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 11:57:26 AM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #315 on: April 15, 2017, 12:41:05 PM »
And P4 absolutely had some of the "Too tired, guess I should just go to bed" shit. It was just the MC via internal monologue rather than a Fascist Cat. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 12:45:39 PM by Let's Cyber »

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #316 on: April 15, 2017, 12:46:31 PM »
 :aah :aah :aah

Was able to play it yesterday and man did 12 hours fly by  :lol :lol

As for the game i'm really digging it right now, it looks fucking great and the style is 200%. The MCs tranformation was baller as fuck, then Ryuji's and Ann's especially was just oozing badassery so I look forward to the others. Also loving the combat as i'm getting used to it but once it fully clicks then it should be a thing of beauty  :lawd :lawd :lawd :lawd  :aah

Just took out Kimoshida, get rekt motherfucker  :bolo :bolo :bolo

I almost messed up though since at one point i was thinking of running the Palace with 1-2 days left, using the other time to prepare but then the enemies became huge dicks and that calling card mechanic was revealed (it kills a day of dungeoning)  :neogaf. Luckily i wised up and did it in earlier chunks but i literally finished it the day before i was supposed to be expelled  :lol :lol :lol :lol

Lesson learned at least, now to build up some confidants and some stats (need to raise my guts so i can talk to Doctor Lady again  :whew).

Also where do i get items to recover SP, because that shit is a moment killer.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 01:01:48 PM by Purple Filth »

thisismyusername

« Reply #317 on: April 15, 2017, 01:03:52 PM »
Also where do i get items to recover SP, because that shit is a moment killer.

Shibuya Redlight District--Note you have to pay to go to this one (you'll get this later), Bathhouse across from LeBlanc. School Courtyard. Restocks on Mondays, so you have a week to get them all before they restock.

Level your Nurse S. Link to get a discount on SP regen items as they're VERY expensive if you don't use the Sandman confusion trick.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 01:08:23 PM by thisismyusername »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #318 on: April 15, 2017, 01:57:01 PM »
People buying Mass Effect over this gem really confuse the fuck outta me

:idont
What

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #319 on: April 15, 2017, 02:43:30 PM »
People buying Mass Effect over this gem really confuse the fuck outta me

:idont

I bought both, and finished Mass Effect before P5 came out. :trumps
dog

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #320 on: April 15, 2017, 03:54:31 PM »
I bought P5, and will wait for EA to fix their broken game instead
fat

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #321 on: April 15, 2017, 08:50:47 PM »
I did the pulinpa farming trick, but due to shitty persona selection/limited funds I could only get an Isis with 17 luck, so I'm shaking down about 15k per successful coin drop, which I guess isn't bad. I bought the 3rd level sp regen item for Edgy Potter, so I can just keep doing this throughout my mementos run here.
yar

thisismyusername

« Reply #322 on: April 15, 2017, 10:56:02 PM »
Seems the guide has some mistakes, or I fucked up somewhere. I'm behind on two S. Links, which isn't a huge problem as I can catch them up. But the social stats aren't completely aligning for me. So if I run into an S. Link (like the Nurse) that requires Guts, I can't do it. So that's now 3 S. Links I'm behind by like 1. All of them in the evening, nearly. :doge We'll see if I can catch this up, but if not I guess speedrunning NG+ for Max S. Links will work.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #323 on: April 15, 2017, 11:31:32 PM »
Seems the guide has some mistakes, or I fucked up somewhere. I'm behind on two S. Links, which isn't a huge problem as I can catch them up. But the social stats aren't completely aligning for me. So if I run into an S. Link (like the Nurse) that requires Guts, I can't do it. So that's now 3 S. Links I'm behind by like 1. All of them in the evening, nearly. :doge We'll see if I can catch this up, but if not I guess speedrunning NG+ for Max S. Links will work.

Are you making sure to always have a persona equipped of the same tarot as the S-Link you're doing? If not, they take longer to level.
©@©™

thisismyusername

« Reply #324 on: April 15, 2017, 11:35:09 PM »

Are you making sure to always have a persona equipped of the same tarot as the S-Link you're doing? If not, they take longer to level.

Yeah, that's what fucked me up as I didn't have a few of the S. Link's tarot's even listed in the compendium. Sun having 0 because they're like level 30.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #325 on: April 15, 2017, 11:41:57 PM »

Yeah, that's what fucked me up as I didn't have a few of the S. Link's tarot's even listed in the compendium. Sun having 0 because they're like level 30.

I don't think you have to have the Sun tarot, I could be wrong tho. He seems to level every time I visited him, but you might need it later.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #326 on: April 16, 2017, 12:26:01 AM »
dog

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #327 on: April 16, 2017, 02:57:31 AM »
the star slink gives some crazy benefits

Maxed Ryuji and made ann my waifu  :uguu

archie4208

« Reply #328 on: April 16, 2017, 06:02:55 AM »
SP Adhesive 3 is broken as fuck.  Get Tae to SL7 ASAP to get them for 50k each.

I did the entire 5th dungeon on hard in one day.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #329 on: April 16, 2017, 07:43:47 AM »
Installed Persona 3 Portable onto my S7

:whew :leon :mynicca
What

thisismyusername

« Reply #330 on: April 16, 2017, 09:55:21 AM »
Also if you get Sojiro to rank 6 to unlock the stronger coffee and then and max out Kawakami, you can have her make you a 100 SP coffee for free every night with no use of time.

I'm going to have about 1000 extra SP available for my next dungeon.

You really shouldn't need that many SP regen items once you get Invigorate 3, IMO. Might be harder on Hard, but on Easy/Normal unless you're spamming the strongest spells, you should be able to make that SP back. Especially if you're using Ryuji or Yusuke to Physically attack while using Ann or Makoto to heal.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #331 on: April 16, 2017, 01:30:31 PM »
Just started Target #3 - made a bunch of headway on confidants and such. Havent had time to study or do any other stuff. My Persona setup is all messed up because I've been trying to make the ones the twins want. I still havent had a chance to use this Treasure Demon. Can I let it go and just buy another one from the Compendium?
fat

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #332 on: April 16, 2017, 01:57:17 PM »
Just started Target #3 - made a bunch of headway on confidants and such. Havent had time to study or do any other stuff. My Persona setup is all messed up because I've been trying to make the ones the twins want. I still havent had a chance to use this Treasure Demon. Can I let it go and just buy another one from the Compendium?

Yup.

But you can also just use it in a gallows fusion to give x3 xp to one of your useful personas. No need to delete.
yar

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #333 on: April 16, 2017, 03:44:35 PM »
September 17th

Was this really worth wasting an entire week? Morgana spends the entire game being a condescending, pompous control-freak, and I'm supposed to feel bad for him once he realizes he may not be as important as he thought he was? We waste an entire week chasing this fucker when we could've just sat down and talked about it, you know, like EVERY FUCKING MISSION WE DO IN PALACES AND MOMENTS, YOU KNOW, THE FUCKING GAMEPLAY MECHANIC YOU'VE IMPLEMENTED? And oh hey, here's Haru, the daughter of the CEO of the burger shop that may or may not be connected to the cognitive shutdowns. What's her codename, Thumbtack? Because that's what the fuck she is right now, tacked on. Every game has their low points but godamn.
[close]

thisismyusername

« Reply #334 on: April 16, 2017, 03:53:14 PM »

Yup.

But you can also just use it in a gallows fusion to give x3 xp to one of your useful personas. No need to delete.

Yeah, this. Use it in Gallows ASAP if you have that available. Much better use than deleting it if you aren't using it for Fusions. Also you can wait on the Twin's requests until end game for proper levels as they jump Persona fusion levels a bit.

Also the Star S. Link abilities. :whew

thisismyusername

« Reply #335 on: April 16, 2017, 04:25:00 PM »

« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 04:34:12 PM by thisismyusername »

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #336 on: April 16, 2017, 05:55:32 PM »
Reached Maid level 10

Perk has to be the best in the game, hands down

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #337 on: April 16, 2017, 07:04:10 PM »
"Damn Morgana, stop making me go to bed!"

*stays up till 2am playing Persona every night*
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #338 on: April 16, 2017, 09:28:19 PM »
The 4th dungeon is super trivial so far if your entire party has the sp3 regen accessory.
yar

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #339 on: April 16, 2017, 09:43:32 PM »
"Damn Morgana, stop making me go to bed!"

*stays up till 2am playing Persona every night*

I'm actually making it an effort to not do that tonight  :lol

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #340 on: April 17, 2017, 12:01:51 AM »
Maxed out Sun s-link and Charm on the same day.  :noah

Yoshida-kun~ :uguu
dog

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #341 on: April 17, 2017, 02:27:19 AM »
Found out I had to actually make coffee to advance sojiro's slink :lol think I wasted a few nights just helping him out

Reached Maid level 10

Perk has to be the best in the game, hands down
yeah I'm at 9 rn and can't wait to get it

I have a backlog of requests to do, interesting that some slinks depend on them

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

archie4208

« Reply #343 on: April 17, 2017, 09:33:43 AM »
He's not wrong. 

Shit even SMT4 dropped that gimmick.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #344 on: April 17, 2017, 09:34:53 AM »
Only tardos who's first game was P3/P4 defend it.
fat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #345 on: April 17, 2017, 09:56:17 AM »
Finally unlocked Kawakami's Operation Maidwatch s-link  :clap :clap
nat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #346 on: April 17, 2017, 09:59:42 AM »
Heading toward the 3rd Palace, I'm really enjoying this a lot now. Ryuji is a great character, even though he's basically 1-note right now. He's still a clearly defined and consistent character. He's also one of the most realistic characters because I totally knew a kid like him when I was in high school. Hell, I was kinda him.
nat

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #347 on: April 17, 2017, 10:25:55 AM »
This being my first Persona game i like the fact that if the MC dies itd restart battle or return to last save. The game doles out save points like crazy, so what if you die and lose a biy of progress.

That is called tension indeed otherwise the shit would be boring with no risk factor
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #348 on: April 17, 2017, 10:27:18 AM »
Ryuji comes back around. I thought he is a great friend to the mc
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #349 on: April 17, 2017, 10:33:55 AM »
Being killed by RNG isn't my kind of Tension
fat

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #350 on: April 17, 2017, 10:54:52 AM »

Indeed.

Its one of the reason i mentioned the enemies being dicks, especially if they are brand new and you have to be feeling them out for a few turns.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 11:31:55 AM by Purple Filth »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #351 on: April 17, 2017, 11:30:52 AM »

Make sure to always run around with a good persona with multiple strengths and no weaknesses? Im usong that blue elephant looking dude, his only weakness is Bless skills and I barely come across enemies that use it..
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #352 on: April 17, 2017, 11:48:09 AM »
I know how to play Persona/Megaten. It doesnt really change that the idea is stupid.
fat

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #353 on: April 17, 2017, 11:58:13 AM »
Everyone shits on Mishima. Even that 11 year old gamer kid totally fucks with him.

But when
Futaba asks if Mishima is an NPC
[close]
I fucking lost it.  :lol

Mishima's just wants to ride your swag to get some poon. Let the guy eat.
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #354 on: April 17, 2017, 12:37:59 PM »
Everyone shits on Mishima. Even that 11 year old gamer kid totally fucks with him.

But when
Futaba asks if Mishima is an NPC
[close]
I fucking lost it.  :lol

Mishima's just wants to ride your swag to get some poon. Let the guy eat.

Nah. Gotta keep him thirtsy, or he'll get complacent.

:rollsafe
yar

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #355 on: April 17, 2017, 01:31:45 PM »
I know how to play Persona/Megaten. It doesnt really change that the idea is stupid.

Guess im really good or really lucky since I havent died more then once or twice in 90+ hours  :lol

What

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #356 on: April 17, 2017, 01:33:29 PM »
He'll stay for the dank memes.
©@©™

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #357 on: April 17, 2017, 03:33:03 PM »
I'll work off that three million yen for Junya :aah
fat

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #358 on: April 17, 2017, 03:41:24 PM »
I cleared the 3rd Palace, now it's time for meganekko.
©@©™

archie4208