Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5502786 times)

Trurl

Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| #benjishutdown
« Reply #13320 on: January 22, 2018, 12:28:44 PM »
Most of it for me comes from a concern for my fellow man, but it's also aesthetic.  I happen to really like cosmopolitan and diverse areas and it's hard for me to understand what pisses people off so much about immigration.

I mean, economic concerns can be understandable I guess but that always seems like a front.  The real fear of immigration comes from people not wanting their communities to change.

Tasty

« Reply #13321 on: January 22, 2018, 12:33:35 PM »
If you're against change, you're gonna be fighting a losing battle your entire life.

Let the past die.

Tasty

« Reply #13322 on: January 22, 2018, 12:37:12 PM »
Also, about this "can't mix cultures" argument... Mexican culture is pretty great dude. :doge

Go see Coco™, in theaters now. Even etoilet approves.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #13323 on: January 22, 2018, 12:38:42 PM »
Cindi, you're missing out, Assimilate is going on writing rather long odes to his love of mexican-muslim cock.

Apparently wants to suck mine too given how often he's staring at my picture  :yuck

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #13324 on: January 22, 2018, 12:41:25 PM »
Isn't Assimilate Brazilian?
bent

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #13325 on: January 22, 2018, 12:45:16 PM »
Most of it for me comes from a concern for my fellow man, but it's also aesthetic.  I happen to really like cosmopolitan and diverse areas and it's hard for me to understand what pisses people off so much about immigration.

I mean, economic concerns can be understandable I guess but that always seems like a front.  The real fear of immigration comes from people not wanting their communities to change.
A nice mix is great, don't get me wrong but it depends on WHAT mix. All cultures aren't created equal. There are some cultures out there i want no fucking part of. I rather it not even get near me.

Would you want trailer park culture show up in your town? lol we can also try that since we don't have to put down "brown/black" people.

And what is wrong with not wanting your community to change? I don't understand this fucking distinguished mentally-challenged argument. Yes, if you like the town you've lived in for so long, why would you want it to change? Just for the sake of changing? It's weird, some of you give this automatic pass to outsiders to come in and trample all all over someone's established community lol. It's ok if someone comes from the outside and melds within the community, but some cultures don't don't that. They come in with there's and want to make that the way of life. And libtards are always like "yo man wtf is the problem" as long as it's not them dealing with it of course...

:confused

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #13326 on: January 22, 2018, 12:52:33 PM »
"all cultures aren't created equal."

:doge. If that isn't just blatant racism then I don't know what is.

Unrelated but resetera is losing their minds about the shutdown ending, claiming democrats are going to get killed in the midterms because of this.  Ughhhhhhh what?
püp

Trurl

« Reply #13327 on: January 22, 2018, 12:54:39 PM »
White trailer trash is one of the defining features of my town.  :D

I'm not classist so I have no problem with it. I'm also aware that some people would group me in with white trailer trash, so  :trumps

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #13328 on: January 22, 2018, 12:56:19 PM »
:nope "Cultures don't mix" 

:ohyeah "Fundamentalism and some cultures don't mix"
que

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #13329 on: January 22, 2018, 12:59:03 PM »

First, how is that racism??? lol. You can have various cultures within the same race. Second, what automatic pass does one culture get in comparison to another?

You realize there's been a ton of cultures that came and went with little to nothing to remember them by. Others were cannibals lol but they're all equal?

:heh

Tasty

« Reply #13330 on: January 22, 2018, 01:06:42 PM »
Assimilate have you ever referred to a black man as a "thug"?

Don't respond with whether you've used it for men of other races. Just a yes/no will do.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #13331 on: January 22, 2018, 01:13:11 PM »
Assimilate have you ever referred to a black man as a "thug"?

Don't respond with whether you've used it for men of other races. Just a yes/no will do.
(is this a way of trying to trap me in your college intellectual game? Seriously lol)

Yes, but the guy was a thug. And i've also used it to refer to a white guy as well that was within the classifications of a "thug"
Is this one of those progressive tests? Some of you youngens are hilarious. So afraid to offend.

I've also had white friends that used the "N" word with the "a" at the end. A lot of white kids that loved rape music did that when i was growing up, no one blnked a fucking eye, not even the majority black friends that they had. After a while that changed of course. The level of political correctness is at a ridiculous point right now. It's nuts.

Tasty

« Reply #13332 on: January 22, 2018, 01:16:33 PM »
You've gone full "obvious joke character."

Complaining you can't use the N word anymore in the Year of Our Lord 2018. :dead

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #13333 on: January 22, 2018, 01:17:00 PM »

Even economical concerns are often misunderstood. Most illegal immigrants are paying taxes for Federal, Social Security/Medicare (which they likely can't claim benefits for), State Income, Sales, and Property (through rent). They receive more government benefits on average than a typical family, but that is mostly because they have more children (1 on average) than a typical family and because illegal immigrants are more likely not to have any college experience (people who go to college pay more in taxes than they receive and people who didn't go to college receive more than they pay in taxes on average).

This American Life recently did a two part episode on a town in Alabama that went from 98% white in 1990 to 25% Latino now. I'd recommend a listen if you're interested about learning more on economical and cultural effects of immigration on a local level.
https://www.thisamericanlife.org/632/our-town-part-one
https://www.thisamericanlife.org/633/our-town-part-two

etiolate

« Reply #13334 on: January 22, 2018, 01:17:40 PM »
"all cultures aren't created equal."

Unrelated but resetera is losing their minds about the shutdown ending, claiming democrats are going to get killed in the midterms because of this.  Ughhhhhhh what?

You want to live in a culture with cannibalism or a culture where they'd lock your girl up or a culture where Starbucks gets your order wrong?

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #13335 on: January 22, 2018, 01:18:31 PM »
You've gone full "obvious joke character."

Complaining you can't use the N word anymore in the Year of Our Lord 2018. :dead
No, you're the joke along with a lot of over sensitive whiteboy millennials needing to be outraged by something because they have no real struggle at all.

I'm not complaining you can't say the N word you fucking idiot. I dont' care for it, i never used it, and it doesn't affect my life or anyone i'm around. Only you online warriors care.

I never understood getting worked up over singing lyrics on a song. Most old school rap artists never gave a fuck. I used to sing "it's raining men" if it got stuck in my head, did that make me gay? - Cindi, you reading this?  :-*

Tasty

« Reply #13336 on: January 22, 2018, 01:19:36 PM »
Lol why do conservatives always go to the cannibalism straw man, lmao. So predictable.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #13337 on: January 22, 2018, 01:21:11 PM »
Lol why do conservatives always go to the cannibalism straw man, lmao. So predictable.
so you dumb shitheads can get it through your head. it's hard to communicate normally with people like yourself, there's a mental blockage that is hard to get past.

etiolate

« Reply #13338 on: January 22, 2018, 01:23:05 PM »
It shouldn't be hard to understand that cultures aren't equal. There's variances, some having to do with what works in their geographic region, but there's also improvements and advantages. If you believe in the idea of progress then you believe that cultures aren't equal. If every culture is fine, why bother to improve American culture?

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #13339 on: January 22, 2018, 01:26:39 PM »

First, how is that racism??? lol. You can have various cultures within the same race. Second, what automatic pass does one culture get in comparison to another?

You realize there's been a ton of cultures that came and went with little to nothing to remember them by. Others were cannibals lol but they're all equal?

:heh

Okay, you're brining up cultures that do not operate in the modern. World, first of all.

Second of all, forgot about cultures for a second.  If a promising young individual Is in this country illegally by nature of something that was out of their control, why would we punish them?  Regardless of their culture, they could and would enrich the human experience for themselves and others.
püp

Nola

« Reply #13340 on: January 22, 2018, 01:30:26 PM »

Would you want trailer park culture show up in your town? lol we can also try that since we don't have to put down "brown/black" people.

I don't want my city flooded with low IQ Trumpkins that will gut needed public services and disrupt cultural cohesion because they can't think beyond their racism and talk radio, that doesn't mean I assume and want to formally deny any and all white males that come from rural communities, or deny the visa's of anyone that voted for Brexit. The same can be said about religious fundamentalists that practice perverse forms of Wahabbism. I mean how exactly do you plan to prevent your communities from having those unspecified elements you loathe if not by preventing the entire population of a people from entering or using shorthand profiling to deny them? Like redlining or laws like my former town tried to do like denying anyone home purchasing rights that didn't have blood lines going back to segregation days. You claim to not be racist, but I fail to see how what you advocate does not require racist policy to be effective? I mean we already vet for extremist beliefs in immigration and refugees, we already enforce merit based immigration, but that isn't good enough somehow? Obama's administration was extremely prudent in prioritizing immigration officials to focus on the bad elements, but apparently that doesn't go far enough?

The irony in all this, is that racists like yourself and the fundamentalists you appeal to as your boogeymen to justify blanket hate and denial of entire populations(which you still won't specify for us, I wonder why?) are basically cut from the same cloth. You all are the low IQ right-wing social fundamentalists of your population that refuse to see things in the nuanced and complex way they actually are. Instead wanting to categorize everything into simple good/bad buckets, vilify them indefinitely, and govern them with policies that are solving problems that don't even exist. Like building a wall or spending billions on federal immigration enforcement when America has had a net negative immigration status for over half a decade. Where half of illegal immigrants are from expired work visas, not border hopping. When natural borne citizens are much more prone to criminal activity than any immigrant population, meaning their threat to your community is non-existent.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #13341 on: January 22, 2018, 01:40:35 PM »

I don't want my city flooded with low IQ Trumpkins that will gut needed public services and disrupt cultural cohesion because they can't think beyond their racism and talk radio, that doesn't mean I assume and want to formally deny any and all white males that come from rural communities, or deny the visa's of anyone that voted for Brexit. The same can be said about religious fundamentalists that practice perverse forms of Wahabbism. I mean how exactly do you plan to prevent your communities from having those unspecified elements you loathe if not by preventing the entire population of a people from entering or using shorthand profiling to deny them? Like redlining or laws like my former town tried to do like denying anyone home purchasing rights that didn't have blood lines going back to segregation days. You claim to not be racist, but I fail to see how what you advocate does not require racist policy to be effective? I mean we already vet for extremist beliefs in immigration and refugees, we already enforce merit based immigration, but that isn't good enough somehow? Obama's administration was extremely prudent in prioritizing immigration officials to focus on the bad elements, but apparently that doesn't go far enough?

The irony in all this, is that racists like yourself and the fundamentalists you appeal to as your boogeymen to justify blanket hate and denial of entire populations(which you still won't specify for us, I wonder why?) are basically cut from the same cloth. You all are the low IQ right-wing social fundamentalists of your population that refuse to see things in the nuanced and complex way they actually are. Instead wanting to categorize everything into simple good/bad buckets, vilify them indefinitely, and govern them with policies that are solving problems that don't even exist. Like building a wall or spending billions on federal immigration enforcement when America has had a net negative immigration status for over half a decade. Where half of illegal immigrants are from expired work visas, not border hopping. When natural borne citizens are much more prone to criminal activity than any immigrant population, meaning their threat to your community is non-existent.

Who said anything about denying everyone? You talk about extremists and yet you've done nothing but paint me with a broad brush.

You fucking libtards man. The irony that i'm not even a white guy in the american sense (though i look it) , nor have voted for a republican ever in my lifetime  :lol  Everything always comes down to "racism" with you people. It's so dumb.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| The #benjishutdown is over!
« Reply #13342 on: January 22, 2018, 01:41:49 PM »
You really show your intellect by continuing to use the term college intellectual.  Go back to /b where you belong.
püp

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #13343 on: January 22, 2018, 01:42:19 PM »
You really show your intellect by continuing to use the term college intellectual.  Go back to /b where you belong.

TRIGGERED  :girlaff

Nola

« Reply #13344 on: January 22, 2018, 01:45:22 PM »

Who said anything about denying everyone? You talk about extremists and yet you've done nothing but paint me with a broad brush.

You fucking libtards man  ::)
The irony that i'm not even a white guy in the american sense (though i look it) , nor have voted for a republican ever in my lifetime  :lol

I know, you love to point out you vote Democratic as if that somehow absolves you of all the eugenics talk and vague appeals to keeping entire cultures out of your town.

I'm still waiting on your answers Assimilate?  Are you ever going to get around to expanding on your thoughts and detailing out what and who these cultures are, how you plan to formally deal with them, and why you are so concerned about elements of society that are statistically less harmful to your safety, and in the case of Muslims(which we all know you can't help yourself but bring up in every discussion), often more educated than natural born citizens?

If you don't want people to make assumptions, quit dodging chances to fill the gaps so people can get a clearer picture of your formal belief structure and policy prescriptions.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 01:57:27 PM by Nola »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #13345 on: January 22, 2018, 01:53:00 PM »

TRIGGERED  :girlaff

Yeah you really showed me.  I'll just sit here knowing that I actually have compassion for my fellow man.
püp

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #13346 on: January 22, 2018, 02:05:22 PM »
Assimilate turning this thread into the Yahoo! News message boards circa 2003. I love it

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #13347 on: January 22, 2018, 02:15:12 PM »
Why you guys insist on legitimately engaging in political discourse with someone who has and intellect level and societal worth lower than most stray dogs is mystifying. Just call it dumb til it gets triggered and starts stalking your pictures for material

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #13348 on: January 22, 2018, 02:57:25 PM »
Sure is a lot of engagement with mentally deficient nazi scum up in here.
Hi

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13349 on: January 22, 2018, 03:01:10 PM »
So after 2 days (basically) the weekend, the Democrats discover that they like government more than the GOP does.
In the end Trump gets to piss on them via a press release that says: "LOSING DEMS FINALLY GAVE UP STUPID SHUTDOWN"
all they got in return is some 'assurances' from McConnell that he will allow some votes on things that weren't even on the agenda to begin with (DACA) and their 'base' is disgusted that they caved so quickly.

🤴

Nola

« Reply #13350 on: January 22, 2018, 03:03:11 PM »
Why you guys insist on legitimately engaging in political discourse with someone who has and intellect level and societal worth lower than most stray dogs is mystifying. Just call it dumb til it gets triggered and starts stalking your pictures for material
Personally, he's just another etiolate or Optimus IMO. Half troll, half true believer.

IMO, those types of trolls tend to thrive on having the rotten fruit thrown at them while on their soap box, but don't do so well when you kick the soapbox from under them.

Insults reinforce convictions, deconstructing them is what sets the fireworks off. And sometimes you just want to see the full show.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #13351 on: January 22, 2018, 03:11:59 PM »
All I needed to know is you hung out with people who listen to “rape music” idk what that is but it can’t be good

Nola

« Reply #13352 on: January 22, 2018, 03:14:18 PM »
So after 2 days (basically) the weekend, the Democrats discover that they like government more than the GOP does.
In the end Trump gets to piss on them via a press release that says: "LOSING DEMS FINALLY GAVE UP STUPID SHUTDOWN"
all they got in return is some 'assurances' from McConnell that he will allow some votes on things that weren't even on the agenda to begin with (DACA) and their 'base' is disgusted that they caved so quickly.

What little I have read, I am inclined to agree.

The Democrats really had very little to lose by demanding a vote day and date on CHIP and DACA with signing on to re-open the government. Or at a minimum, written guarantees of a vote. Which this apparently does not have, just like past broken promises.

Heck, the whole reason CHIP and DACA are where they are, is because McConnell has sold them lies like this before, and part of the base's frustration stemmed from saying Democrats needed to draw a hard redline. This reminds me of the same fallacies the Democrat's succumbed to last go round, where instead of sticking to their convictions and appealing to the people they need to show up to win elections, they abdicate them and chase some completely worthless attempt at winning brownie points with the other side, and in the process set themselves up to play right into the opposition's narratives. Likely with similar thinking that they will be able to appeal to the base when or if McConnell relents on the promise, which he likely will, but like in the past, that just comes off like weak and de-motivating.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #13353 on: January 22, 2018, 03:21:57 PM »
Hey! No shitting on rape music. It's my favourite genre of U.S. Political Discussion.

kingv

« Reply #13354 on: January 22, 2018, 03:33:22 PM »
Clearly Chuck Schumer is a proud graduate of the Barack Obama school for political deal-making...

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #13355 on: January 22, 2018, 03:33:27 PM »
The democrats want to get to call McConnell and the 'pubs liars come fall. The mistake lots of people are making is thinking a workable DACA solution was actually on the table.
vin

agrajag

« Reply #13356 on: January 22, 2018, 03:33:42 PM »
Yeah this looks weak. These short term measures are just kicking a can down the road.

Nola

« Reply #13357 on: January 22, 2018, 03:36:43 PM »
In agreeing to break the impasse after a three-day shutdown, Democrats are banking that they have successfully pigeonholed Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell into opening an immigration debate in the coming weeks and that an overwhelmingly bipartisan vote for an immigration bill would put pressure on the House and White House. They are already warning that if their demands aren’t met, another government shutdown could happen on February 8, when the three-week short-term funding bill runs out. And next time they won’t have Republicans dangling a six-year funding extension for the Children’s Health Insurance Program over their heads.

They have skeptics within their own ranks — and a number of activists are no doubt furious that Democrats capitulated so quickly after taking the dramatic step to shut down the government in a fight for undocumented immigrants brought to the United States when they were kids.

But several Senate Democrats told me they believe McConnell’s public pledges on the Senate floor to move an immigration bill.

“I think he’s made his commitments so publicly, so unequivocally, it would be very difficult for him to try to find a way out of meeting that commitment,” Sen. Angus King (I-ME), who caucuses with the Democrats and voted on a procedural motion to reopen the government, told me.

:what

"If my side is unable to agree on an adequate replacement, then some kind of action with regard to the private health insurance market must occur," McConnell said at a Rotary Club luncheon in Glasgow, Ky., the Associated Press reported.

The moderate senator told reporters this month that she had an “ironclad” commitment from McConnell and Vice President Pence to pass legislation by the end of the year(2017) to stabilize ObamaCare premiums. She wanted that assurance before committing her vote for tax reform.

Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) said that even though congressional leadership did not meet her year-end deadline to pass Obamacare stabilization legislation, she now hopes Congress will pass the legislation before premiums rise in 2019 as a result of the tax law's individual mandate repeal.

:iface

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #13358 on: January 22, 2018, 03:36:49 PM »
Illegal immigrants that have demonstrated the ingenuity and attrition to stay here for decades undetected and the love for this country to integrate into the society, hold steady jobs, pay taxes, contribute to the economy, and raise good kids deserve amnesty and a path to citizenship. Nothing more Amurrican than that :usacry
subversive lies but I expected nothing less from a soviet expat trying to bring down капитализм
每天生气

Nola

« Reply #13359 on: January 22, 2018, 03:43:12 PM »
The democrats want to get to call McConnell and the 'pubs liars come fall. The mistake lots of people are making is thinking a workable DACA solution was actually on the table.

I get that is the play here, I also think it is a poor, risky one tactically.

agrajag

« Reply #13361 on: January 22, 2018, 04:35:14 PM »
Illegal immigrants that have demonstrated the ingenuity and attrition to stay here for decades undetected and the love for this country to integrate into the society, hold steady jobs, pay taxes, contribute to the economy, and raise good kids deserve amnesty and a path to citizenship. Nothing more Amurrican than that :usacry
subversive lies but I expected nothing less from a soviet expat trying to bring down капитализм

:putin

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13362 on: January 22, 2018, 05:51:15 PM »
By the time the deadline rolls along McConnell calls Trump: "Do one of those deflect moves you do"
CNN: "President Trump introduces first section of the Great Schumer Wall with 100 cheerleaders. Revealing outfits shock feminists"
Trump thanks Democrats for funding first mile of border wall. Says, he knew they'd get smart on this historic day. Adds: "Also Chucky likes em young so I had Hope arrange these cheerleaders."

Democrats: "We had a DACA deal!"

GOP: "Can't stump the trump, top kek"
🤴

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #13363 on: January 22, 2018, 07:12:13 PM »
Personally, he's just another etiolate or Optimus IMO. Half troll, half true believer.

IMO, those types of trolls tend to thrive on having the rotten fruit thrown at them while on their soap box, but don't do so well when you kick the soapbox from under them.

Insults reinforce convictions, deconstructing them is what sets the fireworks off. And sometimes you just want to see the full show.

You didn't deconstruct anything you fucking imbecile. It's obvious that a majority of crimes would be committed by Americans in FUCKING AMERICA. Still, the majority of violent gangs are from first and second gen immigrants and as you move closer to border areas like Southern Cali, and Texas it can get pretty nasty.

None of that is even my point. The point is cultural differences between certain people of the world. Some are worse than others, and i'm perfectly ok curbing migration from areas of the world that are less desirable at the moment.  You can say "that's wrong bro, have compassion" and i will tell you to go fuck yourself, you move there and see how you like it. Go volunteer, go help out, before spouting your armchair judgements on people that don't think like you.

Problem is a lot people like you aren't well traveled, ironically Americans are some of the least traveled folks in the world. So your ignorance is no better than that of a Trump voter that never left Kansas. You're just on the other end. You think there's no cultural differences lol, that everyone is equal, and jolly as fuck to be around.

p.s i almost got hit by a car just now. because where i'm working currently pedestrians don't have right of way. people do not give a fuck, they think they deserve the right of way no matter what.

just like at the goddamn gym, no one here reracks their goddamn weight. It's not racist for me to complain about this, this is a CULTURAL problem.

sigh, gawd.  :goty2

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #13364 on: January 22, 2018, 07:13:07 PM »
double post.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13365 on: January 22, 2018, 07:41:15 PM »
Some cultures just aren't compatible with The Bore.
dog

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13366 on: January 22, 2018, 07:52:15 PM »
Since Assimilate won't name his mystery trash culture nation that shouldn't be allowed in America, we have only 3 clues to go on:

They don't move their shopping carts out of his way in as quickly of a fashion as he'd like

They don't rerack their weights at the gym

They drive like jerks
I've experienced this at 5 different military posts within the United States  :doge

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #13367 on: January 22, 2018, 07:53:20 PM »
Since Assimilate won't name his mystery trash culture nation that shouldn't be allowed in America, we have only 3 clues to go on:

They don't move their shopping carts out of his way in as quickly of a fashion as he'd like

They don't rerack their weights at the gym

They drive like jerks
But these are small indications of the society as a whole. They're also very dirty, don't pick up trash, treat their land like a dump. Stray dogs are everywhere (this kills me) and the list can go on.

The overall rudeness of the culture is astonishing and what's crazy is that they know this, they know people have no respect for each other, and yet the same people that recognize it and will tell you this will turn around and not rerack weights.  :lol

I've experienced this at 5 different military posts within the United States  :doge
Of course that's very possible but it's not on this level. EVERYONE is like this.

Tasty

« Reply #13368 on: January 22, 2018, 07:59:03 PM »
If Assimilate is French I'm gonna kill myself.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #13369 on: January 22, 2018, 08:00:20 PM »

You in france? how you like walking in those muslim neighborhoods as a gay man? go with your boyfriend next time, holding hands, walk into one of their bars  :lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13370 on: January 22, 2018, 08:11:31 PM »
Poor people culture

Tasty

« Reply #13371 on: January 22, 2018, 08:16:39 PM »

You in france? how you like walking in those muslim neighborhoods as a gay man? go with your boyfriend next time, holding hands, walk into one of their bars  :lol

1. You're a dick.

2. I'd have a problem doing the same in any deep conservative state. Doesn't mean I'm anti-integration.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #13372 on: January 22, 2018, 08:16:39 PM »
Poor people culture
Who actually likes poor people culture? wtf?

Or are you equating having respect and compassion for poor people as actually liking a life of poverty? Must be one of those progressive mind blunders. "It's cool to be broke yo, fuck the system"

1. You're a dick.

2. I'd have a problem doing the same in any deep conservative state. Doesn't mean I don't think more integration isn't better.
:rofl :rofl :rofl

I'm the dick for pointing out the obvious?

You'd have no problem mouthing off and getting into an offensive rant with a conservative over them being assholes, now would you? And they aren't the ones coming into your country in droves and changing the culture there are they?

But keep bending like a pretzel when it's 'brown people'. Comical.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 08:21:09 PM by Assimilate »

Nola

« Reply #13373 on: January 22, 2018, 08:18:42 PM »

You didn't deconstruct anything you fucking imbecile. It's obvious that a majority of crimes would be committed by Americans in FUCKING AMERICA. Still, the majority of violent gangs are from first and second gen immigrants and as you move closer to border areas like Southern Cali, and Texas it can get pretty nasty.

None of that is even my point. The point is cultural differences between certain people of the world. Some are worse than others, and i'm perfectly ok curbing migration from areas of the world that are less desirable at the moment.  You can say "that's wrong bro, have compassion" and i will tell you to go fuck yourself, you move there and see how you like it. Go volunteer, go help out, before spouting your armchair judgements on people that don't think like you.

Problem is a lot people like you aren't well traveled, ironically Americans are some of the least traveled folks in the world. So your ignorance is no better than that of a Trump voter that never left Kansas. You're just on the other end. You think there's no cultural differences lol, that everyone is equal, and jolly as fuck to be around.

p.s i almost got hit by a car just now. because where i'm working currently pedestrians don't have right of way. people do not give a fuck, they think they deserve the right of way no matter what.

just like at the goddamn gym, no one here reracks their goddamn weight. It's not racist for me to complain about this, this is a CULTURAL problem.

sigh, gawd.  :goty2

See, it triggers the fuck out of them.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #13374 on: January 22, 2018, 08:23:32 PM »
American "culture", brehs :doge
que

Nola

« Reply #13375 on: January 22, 2018, 08:28:13 PM »
I'll just leave this here:

One measure of how likely a particular group is to commit crimes is to look at what share of that population ends up in prison. Recent immigrants are far less likely to be incarcerated than their native-born peers, according to United States Census data (see chart). In 2010, 1.9 percent of immigrant men ages 18-40 were incarcerated compared to 3.2 percent of native-born males the same age. This does not appear to be due to the deportation of immigrants who commit crimes, but the result of an actual difference in criminal behavior (see this research paper for analysis).

Studies using different data sources and approaches have also concluded that immigrants are generally less likely to commit crimes, and that – as a result – changes in immigration rates have little or no effect on public safety. Data from the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth show that youth born abroad are less likely than youth born in the United States to be criminally active.  A recent study that looks at flows of immigrants from Mexico concludes that Mexican immigration has no effect on violent or property crime in the United States. Research on immigration to the United Kingdom shows that waves of immigrants to that country had no effect on violent crime.

"There is no empirical evidence that immigration increases crime in the United States; indeed, the rate of incarceration of immigrants is consistently lower than that of the native born of similar ages. Policies that enable immigrants access to legal jobs could lead to even lower rates of crime. In Italy, legalization of immigrants – which allowed them to obtain legal employment – reduced their criminal activity. Conversely, United States policies that limited immigrants’ ability to work increased their rate of economically-motivated crime (such as drug offenses). Crime rates can also be affected if local police are tasked with enforcing immigration law since that that takes them away from other investigations and actions and, furthermore, could make immigrants in their community more hesitant to report crime, assist in investigations, and come forward as witnesses. Thus, police officers may find it more difficult to keep their communities safe when they, rather than federal immigration authorities, are required to enforce immigration laws."

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #13376 on: January 22, 2018, 08:36:00 PM »
So what you're telling me, is that immigrants are disproportionately better at getting away with their crimes?
Must be all those minority lead juries I keep hearing about.
 :huh
que

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #13377 on: January 22, 2018, 08:42:36 PM »
I can't deal with how stupid Nola is so im' not even going to directly reply to that idiot.

Not once did this conversation speak of the entirety of immigration. The point was letting in people from specific cultures that were less desirable. Immigration policy should be highly selective, which is counter to what a lot of progressives and dems want. They want an open door policy. They don't care if you got in illegally or not.

Not once did we speak of how great our immigration policy is, it's broken, for sure. But the progressive college intellectual way is to not listen to what is being discussed and quickly label someone a racist.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #13378 on: January 22, 2018, 08:46:17 PM »
If only there were some way to deal with these "specific cultures that are less desirable". Not a temporary thing, some sort of "final solution" as it were. :betty
que

Nola

« Reply #13379 on: January 22, 2018, 08:49:56 PM »
I can't deal with how stupid Nola is so im' not even going to directly reply to that idiot.

Not once did this conversation speak of the entirety of immigration. The point was letting in people from specific cultures that were less desirable. Immigration policy should be highly selective, which is counter to what a lot of progressives and dems want. They want an open door policy. They don't care if you got in illegally or not.

Not once did we speak of how great our immigration policy is, it's broken, for sure. But the progressive college intellectual way is to not listen to what is being discussed and quickly label someone a racist.

So what cultures are these? Which are the ones that you continue to impress upon us are currently harming our country under the current arrangements, and what are these unspecified policies that are needed to address them?

You continue to speak in broad strokes and refuse to define things more clearly. You imply that immigration policy has made things worse, threatened your safety. Clearly they aren't more criminally prone, illegal or otherwise. I could write up for you how they aren't really harming economic opportunity either, or show you how illegal immigration has actually been receding for years. So please, clarify the issue. Be specific. As everyone has asked you time and again.