Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3091095 times)

paprikastaude

Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #31680 on: November 07, 2022, 07:11:56 AM »
The whole Kaiju concept is still fun enough, but it really needed good hardware to shine. If this was still Scalebound and on something like Xbone SX, it could've really felt like the next logical step for P*. But by looking like a mid Xbox 360 game (worse in some areas), the spectacle of B3 can't come fully across and it feels more like a typical "third game gimmick". Like in those PS2 trilogies back in the day 'Ratchet 3: Summon the monsters!'.

paprikastaude

« Reply #31681 on: November 07, 2022, 09:26:07 AM »
ok I'm replaying Bayo1 on PS4 and this is visually so much better than B3 :doge Switch is a joke

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31682 on: November 07, 2022, 10:56:58 AM »
https://twitter.com/iTsDakiii/status/1584918577374793735

:obama

And it still looks bad.  WTF is up with the enemy designs in this game? 
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #31683 on: November 07, 2022, 11:10:42 AM »
https://twitter.com/iTsDakiii/status/1584918577374793735

:obama

And it still looks bad.  WTF is up with the enemy designs in this game?
They're obviously designed around sawnix gameplay with a dash (pun intended) of Phantasy Star or Journey. 

Seems to be getting good reviews overall so far.  Solid 7-8's mostly with some 9's sprinkled in too.  Personally, not sure if I can justify the $60 price ATM, but I'd rather pay Sega full price for a game than Sony's wiggity woke western studio doodoo.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31684 on: November 07, 2022, 11:22:17 AM »
Game looks like real 3D Sonic trash to me. I havent played a 3D Sonic game I enjoyed, ever.

Bland enviroments, 'Breath of the wild' inspired but nowhere close in regards to mood, atmosphere, cohesive world, interesting gameplay.

How anyone could give it a 9 is beyond me
What

Svejk

« Reply #31685 on: November 07, 2022, 11:34:44 AM »
Game looks like real 3D Sonic trash to me. I havent played a 3D Sonic game I enjoyed, ever.

Bland enviroments, 'Breath of the wild' inspired but nowhere close in regards to mood, atmosphere, cohesive world, interesting gameplay.

How anyone could give it a 9 is beyond me
SA1 & 2 were pretty great...Honestly, I haven't played a 3D sownic since those...  This looks to be almost a proper SA3 to me.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31686 on: November 07, 2022, 11:39:33 AM »
I played SA1 and 2. They arent great, they are 100% mediocre. And I was a huge Dreamcast/Sega fanboy back in the day. Those games were ass with only a few good stages.
What

Svejk

« Reply #31687 on: November 07, 2022, 12:01:13 PM »
I played SA1 and 2. They arent great, they are 100% mediocre. And I was a huge Dreamcast/Sega fanboy back in the day. Those games were ass with only a few good stages.
The Sega thirst was pretty real for me then.  :tocry  Playing SA for the first time was practically a Mario 64 moment for me.  But then again, the hype was trill when it came to the generational leap from Saturn to DC.  Damn, I miss those days.   Needless to say, I just still want a proper Sega redemption, but the days of Sonic could be gone for me... I dunno.  As much as I loved Sonic 1-3, I wasn't feeling Mania.  As good of a 2D Sonic it is, like Shenmue, they just need to remain in the past and settle where their trail blaze ended.

Speaking of Sega, as much as I would've said I want a proper Phantasy Star 5 or a Panzer Dragoon Remake, they'd never live up to the expectations now having waited this long.  :stahp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #31689 on: November 07, 2022, 02:50:35 PM »
I have such low expectations of 3d Sonic games, that when a Sonic game has a MC in the 70s I'm like "wow, that's surprising (in a good way)"

Still not touching 3d Sonic games with a 10 foot pole.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #31690 on: November 07, 2022, 02:54:45 PM »
lol at all the talk of THIS IS GONNA BE THE GOOD 3D SANIC U GUYZ and it still ends up with a 73 meta :heh

you'd think sonic autistys would have learned their lesson from 20 years of getting their fingers burned over and over and over and over again but no :whew
(ice)

Bebpo

« Reply #31691 on: November 07, 2022, 03:03:58 PM »
lol at all the talk of THIS IS GONNA BE THE GOOD 3D SANIC U GUYZ and it still ends up with a 73 meta :heh

you'd think sonic autistys would have learned their lesson from 20 years of getting their fingers burned over and over and over and over again but no :whew

I mean given the series history, I'd count a 73 MC as a "good 3d Sonic" game.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #31692 on: November 07, 2022, 03:06:46 PM »
You're too generous bruv.
(ice)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #31693 on: November 07, 2022, 03:43:42 PM »
2D sonic is shit enough. No one needs to subject themselves to 3D sonic.
Spud

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31694 on: November 07, 2022, 04:39:02 PM »
If you dont like Sonic Mania then

What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31695 on: November 07, 2022, 06:05:11 PM »
This holiday season is so weird. The headliners apart from Call of Duty are God of War, Sonic, Pokemon, half a dozen ports and remakes, Need for Speed and a Dead Space clone.
Most of which will probably end up in the mid 70's on Metacritic.
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #31696 on: November 07, 2022, 06:11:16 PM »
This holiday season is so weird. The headliners apart from Call of Duty are God of War, Sonic, Pokemon, half a dozen ports and remakes, Need for Speed and a Dead Space clone.

Covid delays

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31697 on: November 07, 2022, 06:14:41 PM »

Covid delays
Scheduling also, Xenoblade 3 would've practically been part of the holiday line-up if they hadn't moved it up and Saints Row could've shipped this holiday not broken af.

Doesn't help that a dozen or so studios are now part of Microsoft Studios which has been unable to produce a game in a timely fashion since they shipped Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.
🤴

paprikastaude

« Reply #31698 on: November 07, 2022, 06:21:51 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Sega is weird these days and it's hard to comprehend how they aren'd dead yet, but still last gen we got 3 of the best games ever made carring the Sega logo, Sonic Mania, Streets of Rage 4 and Yakuza 0.

Bebpo

« Reply #31699 on: November 07, 2022, 06:27:49 PM »

Covid delays
Scheduling also, Xenoblade 3 would've practically been part of the holiday line-up if they hadn't moved it up and Saints Row could've shipped this holiday not broken af.

Doesn't help that a dozen or so studios are now part of Microsoft Studios which has been unable to produce a game in a timely fashion since they shipped Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.

I mean it's still a fall with

Usual Call of Duty
God of War
Bayonetta

I think without Covid FF16 would've been there too, and Zelda BoTW2.

Also there is this long standing rumor that Nintendo has a fully finished mainline Super Mario game that they decided to shelve until the movie comes out to release them together. Otherwise that could've been their holiday game if BotW2 wasn't ready.

Like they could've saved Elden Ring for the fall but they didn't. It's still a decent holiday, but nothing too crazy.

Tasty

« Reply #31700 on: November 07, 2022, 07:08:17 PM »

Perfect, more time for more Omori replays.

Svejk

« Reply #31701 on: November 07, 2022, 07:10:23 PM »

Sega is weird these days and it's hard to comprehend how they aren'd dead yet, but still last gen we got 3 of the best games ever made carring the Sega logo, Sonic Mania, Streets of Rage 4 and Yakuza 0.
Sega is the Grandmaster troll at blue balling fans with their IP's... Maybe this is symbolized by Sonic being a blue ball bouncing everywhere and achieving nothing at a rapid pace... stuck in the infinite void of blast processing.   :thinking

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31702 on: November 07, 2022, 10:43:32 PM »

Project AK, the Dungeon Fighter Online-based “Soulslike action RPG” from Neople, will be titled Arad Chronicle: Kazan, parent company Nexon announced.

A new trailer for the game was also released ahead of G-Star 2022, which will run from November 17 to 20 at Busan Exhibition and Convention Center in Busan, Korea.

The trailer description reads, “Arad Chronicle: Kazan, which expands the Dungeon Fighter Online universe, is a console 3D action RPG set about 800 years before the events of the main game. Experience the tale of the General Kazan and Archmage Ozma, who defeated the Berserk Dragon Hismar that invaded the Pelos Empire, on console.”

Arad Chronicle: Kazan is in development for console. Specific platforms and a release date have yet to be announced.
ど助平

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #31703 on: November 08, 2022, 12:24:24 AM »

To enjoy sonic, you must enjoy running full speed into walls/spikes/enemies/pits without warning.
Spud

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31704 on: November 08, 2022, 02:23:50 AM »

To enjoy sonic, you must enjoy running full speed into walls/spikes/enemies/pits without warning.

Then I guess you havent player Sonic Mania because that doesnt happen.
What

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #31705 on: November 08, 2022, 03:22:39 AM »

Ummm, was one is the first games I got on Switch and it's shite. That kind of thing happens a lot as far as I remember.
Spud

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #31706 on: November 08, 2022, 09:18:27 AM »
Sonic Frontier looks like the best Skyrim since Elden Ring. I give it an 11/10 based on watching Hololive Vtuber Inugami Korone play it for 15 minutes this morning.
©@©™

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31707 on: November 08, 2022, 10:16:44 AM »

Ummm, was one is the first games I got on Switch and it's shite. That kind of thing happens a lot as far as I remember.

What

Rahxephon91

« Reply #31708 on: November 08, 2022, 12:31:03 PM »
Korean games always look cool.

Will they actually come out though?

Svejk

« Reply #31709 on: November 08, 2022, 05:08:10 PM »

*Looks at Crimson Desert and Stellar Blade....
 :stahp

Svejk

paprikastaude

« Reply #31711 on: November 09, 2022, 11:22:59 AM »

Gungrave.

Which will review worse than Sonic. But I'll get it  :doge

Coax

« Reply #31712 on: November 09, 2022, 12:56:04 PM »
Mick Gordon's late but exhaustive response to the Doom Eternal OST controversy. What a shit-show.

Haven't read it all but he produced twice the amount of music than he was paid for, wasn't paid for 11 months, they had tasked someone else to do the OST without his knowledge six months before reluctantly giving him a contract to do it and then pressured him to complete a separate version in just a few weeks. Edit: with hours left on the deadline the guy in charge told him to scrap the songs he'd been crunching on and hand over whatever remained back to the other guy :doge

Bethesda  ::)

https://medium.com/@mickgordon/my-full-statement-regarding-doom-eternal-5f98266b27ce
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 01:03:34 PM by Coax »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31713 on: November 09, 2022, 01:31:20 PM »
That guy and management at ID Software seem like a bunch of dicks, Mick Gordon seems like a good dude
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #31714 on: November 09, 2022, 01:38:37 PM »
Sonic Frontiers is going to be sleeper hit. It has gay rave music and angsty emo music. It's perfect

fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31715 on: November 09, 2022, 02:20:49 PM »
https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/sonic-frontiers-review-ps5/

20/100

The worst game of 2022

Even with all of those complaints, I still don’t feel like I’m covering the full breadth of disappointment here. Here’s a bulleted list of some of the game’s weirder moments, so you can get an even better sense of how perplexing this game is (light Spoilers for the game follow):

Every night, a poorly explained slot machine minigame pops up that lets Sonic accrue purple coins. It covers the screen as Sonic runs around the world for the duration of the night, making a constant cloying sound while obscuring key UI.

Bizarre minigames punctuate key story points, some of which play like the frustrating herding missions from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

At the end of a third world, there’s a rage-inducing pinball minigame that forces players to score a whopping 5,000,000 points to progress. You only have three balls.

I soft-locked myself in a Cyberspace level by losing my momentum on a loop-de-loop and was also able to walk up 90-degree slopes if I moved slowly enough.

A late-game world ditches the open-zone idea and has Sonic scaling massive towers. One, in particular, is incredibly difficult to navigate due to the game’s poor momentum.

Characters bring up previous Sonic game final bosses in conversations that sound like Family Guy characters setting up cutaway gags.

At its best, Sonic Frontiers is middling … and it’s not often at its best. In 2022, there’s no reason to pick up Sonic Frontiers unless you’re a lifelong fan already sold on the game (those players have been through worse). If you want a fast-paced game with a great sense of momentum, I recommend OlliOlli World. If you want a story that’s all over the place and incoherent but eventually comes together in a satisfying way, play Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin. Want to lose yourself in an open world? Play Elden Ring. Sonic Frontiers is not the best at anything it does, even within 2022 alone.

:cornette
ど助平

paprikastaude

« Reply #31716 on: November 09, 2022, 03:46:50 PM »
Sonic Frontiers is going to be sleeper hit. It has gay rave music and angsty emo music. It's perfect

Every Sonic has good music, even if it's of the cheesy kind. It's like JRPGs, above average music is a given without any relation to the quality of everything else  :doge

Frontiers has like a hundred of those eurotrash electro pop tracks, because every 2D level gets its own song. And I love it. They are like those songs Europe replaced original anime intros with back in the day  :playa
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 04:09:04 PM by paprikastaude »

Tasty

« Reply #31717 on: November 09, 2022, 05:05:44 PM »

My two faves :o

Tasty

« Reply #31718 on: November 09, 2022, 05:07:23 PM »
https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/sonic-frontiers-review-ps5/

20/100

In 2022, there’s no reason to pick up Sonic Frontiers unless you’re a lifelong fan already sold on the game (those players have been through worse).

:lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31719 on: November 09, 2022, 06:54:34 PM »
Mick Gordon's late but exhaustive response to the Doom Eternal OST controversy. What a shit-show.

Haven't read it all but he produced twice the amount of music than he was paid for, wasn't paid for 11 months, they had tasked someone else to do the OST without his knowledge six months before reluctantly giving him a contract to do it and then pressured him to complete a separate version in just a few weeks. Edit: with hours left on the deadline the guy in charge told him to scrap the songs he'd been crunching on and hand over whatever remained back to the other guy :doge

Bethesda  ::)

https://medium.com/@mickgordon/my-full-statement-regarding-doom-eternal-5f98266b27ce
I'm surprised at the stockholm syndrome I see on display from creatives like these.
He should've told Marty Stratton to go fuck himself and put Pong music in DOOM. If they don't pay you for 8 months, you don't keep working. You send out a notice that work stops until you are paid and they've breached their contract.

I've had toxic clients like this, today actually. One that complained I didn't respond to her avalanche of emails within 24 hours.
"I don't think we want to move forward if you don't immediately respond to my messages blah blah blah" and my response is always something like: "Sorry to hear we're not a good fit I agree it's better for all parties involved if I don't waste more time and effort on your project".

Also up front payments. They don't pay, you don't start the work. Simple. And do paid Discoveries, Clients think they are bullshit (and they mostly are) but you will run into the red flags like missing appointments or secret stakeholders early without having the risk of doing unpaid work.
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #31720 on: November 09, 2022, 09:17:36 PM »
Some of the people who make video games are often as dumb as some of the people who play them. Shit like this is endemic to creative industries where people are just excited to be involved and put up with shit they wouldn't put up with in any other industry for the privilege of working in something they love.
Spud

Borealis

« Reply #31721 on: November 10, 2022, 04:05:00 AM »
Marty is a dog cunt for that reddit post.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31722 on: November 10, 2022, 10:28:01 AM »
Ken in Street Fighter 6:

:titus
ど助平

thetylerrob

« Reply #31723 on: November 10, 2022, 10:29:36 AM »
Where was Ken on January 6th, 2021? 

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

paprikastaude

« Reply #31726 on: November 11, 2022, 11:46:46 AM »

:dunno

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #31727 on: November 11, 2022, 12:44:33 PM »
that pop in :oreilly
(ice)

Bebpo

« Reply #31728 on: November 11, 2022, 06:11:02 PM »
Oh shit, the West of Loathing developer released a new game today called Shadows Over Loathing.

I never finished West of Loathing, but it was really good comedy rpg and I dug what I played of it. If this wasn't $20+ I'd probably grab it just because of that.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #31729 on: November 11, 2022, 06:57:01 PM »
West of Loathing looked interesting. Thanks for the reminder to check it out.
Spud

Bebpo

« Reply #31730 on: November 11, 2022, 07:55:15 PM »
West of Loathing looked interesting. Thanks for the reminder to check it out.

Yeah, it was recommended to me and was really neat. And was like $2 or something on sale.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31731 on: November 12, 2022, 06:52:39 AM »

And people say this game is good 😂😂😂

a good 3D Sonic game, we'll absolutely never get it.

No Sonic 2 greatness translated to 3d. Nah you'll get some naruto anime bullshit and generic nu metal trash music and youl like it

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #31732 on: November 12, 2022, 07:46:44 AM »
I never knew sanic was a Saiyan :titus
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31733 on: November 12, 2022, 10:03:49 AM »
Sonic Frontiers looks pretty good not $60 good but more like $30 pick up during a sale and listen to the soundtrack on YouTube good.  :leon
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #31734 on: November 12, 2022, 10:23:03 AM »
I'll try it when it comes to game pass (ie download it, have it on my hd without ever booting it up, before deleting it three weeks later.)
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31735 on: November 12, 2022, 10:42:36 AM »
What

Tasty

« Reply #31736 on: November 12, 2022, 04:35:07 PM »

Even though Super Sonic is "cool" I always thought it was creatively bankrupt ripping off DBZ so blatantly in Sonic 3.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #31737 on: November 12, 2022, 05:24:28 PM »
theory: if he goes super sanic 3 with some ripping guitar riff in the background the games would be 15x better.
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31738 on: November 12, 2022, 06:38:58 PM »

Even though Super Sonic is "cool" I always thought it was creatively bankrupt ripping off DBZ so blatantly in Sonic 3.

It's weird to think that we got Super Sonic years before most people knew what the hell DBZ even was.  I wonder if anyone thought Dragonball ripped off Sonic?  :thinking

And then later on with Super Shadow, it was like they couldn't help themselves- he has Vegeta hair.
ど助平

Polident Hive

« Reply #31739 on: November 12, 2022, 07:40:16 PM »
Super Sonic is cool when it breaks the normal Sonic stages. Adventure onward relegate it to boss fights. Boring.