Author Topic: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.  (Read 2232637 times)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.
« Reply #17460 on: February 14, 2020, 12:32:15 AM »
are they in space yet?

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #17461 on: February 14, 2020, 01:30:30 AM »
That show was always awful trash. No clue what anyone saw in it.
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #17462 on: February 14, 2020, 01:35:29 AM »
that crazy white bitch make my dick hard  :yeshrug

TVC15

« Reply #17463 on: February 14, 2020, 02:16:01 AM »
I don’t get it. You hate white people, yet you want to fuck the worst of them. It’s all dumb bipolar bitches and methsex for you.
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #17464 on: February 14, 2020, 03:08:41 AM »
 :stahp

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #17465 on: February 14, 2020, 04:05:44 PM »
"Calling yourself an artist- it's so pretentious. I prefer to say... i'm a poet"

:dead

That's as far as I made it

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #17466 on: February 14, 2020, 04:13:13 PM »
"Calling yourself an artist- it's so pretentious. I prefer to say... i'm a poet"

Then you sure missed a real treat.  The second line after that is 'being a street artist means looking around the city and seeing a canvas'

TVC15

« Reply #17467 on: February 14, 2020, 05:04:08 PM »

Then you sure missed a real treat.  The second line after that is 'being a street artist means looking around the city and seeing a canvas'

I’m glad somebody is giving this valuable individual a voice.
serge

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #17468 on: February 15, 2020, 09:36:48 AM »
I wanted to like this October faction Netflix thing but the dad actor is so very bad

jorma

« Reply #17469 on: February 15, 2020, 09:56:11 AM »
https://twitter.com/means_tv/status/1228353226040320000

lol

i actually thought this was real until the end, where he put up a sticker and then ran off like he'd just robbed a bank  :lol

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #17470 on: February 15, 2020, 11:07:31 AM »
Yeah October faction kinda sucks and there’s no way I can believe the dad guy as any kind of field agent in any field, he has the aura of a old wool throw

Oh but yeah I’m gonna watch it all today lol

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #17471 on: February 15, 2020, 08:15:23 PM »
I watched it all, it sucked

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #17472 on: February 15, 2020, 08:40:09 PM »
Noooo the show I was talking about above, silly

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #17473 on: February 16, 2020, 01:33:48 AM »
I watched it all, it sucked

I was enjoying it until the monster mercenaries showed up.

TVC15

« Reply #17474 on: February 16, 2020, 01:41:16 AM »
I just started The Magicians and three eps in it’s pretty good.
serge

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #17475 on: February 16, 2020, 03:11:24 AM »

As someone who loves all the candian syfy trash out there Magicians is still one of the better ones they've put out. Good sign you like it this early, most dont. Every character pretty much starts off as an inconsiderate asshole and isn't until towards the end of s1 that they all start getting interesting character development. Penny, Margot and Elliott all go in great directions you wouldn't expect given how they are in that first season for example. Basically becomes a lot more than edgey harry potter where everyone fucks and does drugs. Show can be a real gut punch at times, really good writing when it comes to heavier subject matter like addiction, mental illness etc.

Some great side characters, like Dean Fogg and Todd too.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #17476 on: February 16, 2020, 03:16:27 AM »
The Books are better but the show *nearly* has boobs.

Plus in the books a gay guy spits on the face of another gay guy with a facial deformity during sex.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #17477 on: February 16, 2020, 04:59:30 AM »

I started it on Netflix in the USA, and downloaded the first season to my iPad. It doesn't run on Netflix Japan, so I actually liked it enough to outright buy season 2.

TVC15

« Reply #17478 on: February 16, 2020, 03:35:08 PM »
I appreciate the dedication to silly hand movements in The Magicians. That’s how magic’s meant to be done.
serge

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #17479 on: February 17, 2020, 04:51:03 PM »
©@©™

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #17480 on: February 17, 2020, 05:16:53 PM »
Locke and Key was pretty okay, for the tension of watching the kids make stupid decisions constantly

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #17481 on: February 17, 2020, 06:04:18 PM »
Oh man I was really worried BoJack Horseman was going for the easy way out, I'm glad they didn't. Doesn't tie up loose ends but that's OK, life doesn't wrap up nicely either.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Didn't care for that second to last episode though.
[close]
ὕβρις

TVC15

« Reply #17482 on: February 17, 2020, 06:31:50 PM »
Locke and Key was pretty okay, for the tension of watching the kids make stupid decisions constantly

I thought the end was kind of whatever but on the whole it was worth it. I’d watch more.
serge

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #17483 on: February 18, 2020, 08:05:49 AM »
Shockingly, Bojack Horseman ends on a downer ending for almost everyone concerned, if anyone was sticking it through to see if it had anything uplifting to say or was going to make any kind of redemptive arc.

I don't really agree, I'd say most of the major characters end in a better place. Well, of course, not so much for that one but it could have been worse.
Apparently Netflix forced the show's end in finishing now (?) and arguably the rush can be felt in not everyone getting some spotlight to cap things off. The inconclusiveness of some threads felt appropriate (and at least party intentional) and honestly I think Bojack yo-yoing into routine self-destruction was really wearing thin already from a dramatic standpoint. In a way, the supporting cast did outgrow him even from a viewer's standpoint, I would love we'd follow them more. Horseman, not so much.

I really didn't like the whole episode 15 thing, time would have been better served used for elsewhere. Apart from that, it was funny, thoughtful and quality throughout IMO.
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17484 on: February 18, 2020, 10:50:58 AM »
Shockingly, Bojack Horseman ends on a downer ending for almost everyone concerned, if anyone was sticking it through to see if it had anything uplifting to say or was going to make any kind of redemptive arc.

I don't really agree, I'd say most of the major characters end in a better place. Well, of course, not so much for that one but it could have been worse.
Apparently Netflix forced the show's end in finishing now (?) and arguably the rush can be felt in not everyone getting some spotlight to cap things off. The inconclusiveness of some threads felt appropriate (and at least party intentional) and honestly I think Bojack yo-yoing into routine self-destruction was really wearing thin already from a dramatic standpoint. In a way, the supporting cast did outgrow him even from a viewer's standpoint, I would love we'd follow them more. Horseman, not so much.

I really didn't like the whole episode 15 thing, time would have been better served used for elsewhere. Apart from that, it was funny, thoughtful and quality throughout IMO.

I dunno, Bojack started the show worried he was so toxic that he would inevitably drive everyone away from him, and he ends the show... having driven everyone away from him.
Diane started being unable to find happiness because she thinks shes too good for the work she does and is good at, and ends... yeah.
Todd is going to continue forrest gumping through life.
Princess caroline is going to continue being unable to take a healthy break from her work, and I don't think whatsisface her PA is going to stick around watching her do that.
Even Mr Peanut Butter ends up alone, with the only person as vapid as he is fucking off to be on tour with some boyband singer

:idont

Its a good show, but showing how close to a realisation of being happy the characters get, then taking it away from them and showing ultimately theyre unwilling to change... quite a downer.
The only character who genuinely seems to get a happy ending and some kind of breakthrough is that PTSD actress that bojack strangled, who - entirely in background shots - seems to have overcome it and built a successful career

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #17485 on: February 18, 2020, 04:36:02 PM »
I saw most of those under a favourable light. I guess that in a sense none of the deep character traits were rooted off, but everyone was active, in a relationship, achieved a balance at which they were happier or made some progress (Todd) or more aware of the issues (Mr.Peanutbutter even if he's back at square one).

I agree there's a bit of "all that for that" to it, that's maybe why they have that bait and switch to up the emotional stakes.
ὕβρις

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #17486 on: February 18, 2020, 04:39:29 PM »

So Kingdom is coming back, pretty excited, it's the first Korean tv show i was able to enjoy (despite them having amazing cinema).
I'm gonna need a recap of season 1 though, because it was forever ago, and forgot most of it.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #17487 on: February 18, 2020, 07:51:06 PM »
The most recent episode of curb opens with one of the funnier Leone quotes

"It's hard playing the infield with polio" in reference to Larry playing baseball as a kid lmfao
:9

Cryo

« Reply #17488 on: February 18, 2020, 08:48:57 PM »
all I can say is I relate to Diane so fucking much based on her season 6 arc :'(

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #17489 on: February 18, 2020, 09:46:43 PM »

"It's hard playing the infield with polio" in reference to Larry playing baseball as a kid lmfao

poo-poo-be-doop
___

TVC15

« Reply #17490 on: February 18, 2020, 09:49:49 PM »

I’ve found this season really fucking funny, even though it feels rehashier than usual and it feels like there are more visible rough edges. I think I’m enjoying it more than last season at this point.
serge

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #17491 on: February 18, 2020, 11:59:04 PM »

I’ve found this season really fucking funny, even though it feels rehashier than usual and it feels like there are more visible rough edges. I think I’m enjoying it more than last season at this point.

It seems like they're allowing the improv to flow a little more this season. Plus it seems to have recaptured an inherent goofiness it had been missing

Nuitangg

« Reply #17492 on: February 22, 2020, 01:48:43 PM »
2 episodes in and Hunters is pretty disappointing and kind of terrible.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #17493 on: February 24, 2020, 02:01:43 AM »
I don't think there's a less appealing over the top streaming service than Brit Box  :yuck

Sure, but who actually thought a 24 streaming service consisting of only Brit Marling's body of work could be successful?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #17494 on: February 24, 2020, 06:17:16 AM »
I don't think there's a less appealing over the top streaming service than Brit Box  :yuck

The Brit Box challenge : keep your eyes closed.
ὕβρις

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #17495 on: February 24, 2020, 07:18:03 AM »
https://twitter.com/means_tv/status/1228353226040320000

lol

"When a genius idea pops into my head, i can't tak credit for it, 'cause it didn't come from me... it came from my brain!"

:thinking

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #17496 on: February 24, 2020, 12:05:44 PM »
Love is Blind on Netflix.  :kobeyuck :gladbron :comeon :shaq2 :ohhh :snoop :dayum

TVC15

« Reply #17497 on: February 24, 2020, 12:48:05 PM »
Love is Blind on Netflix.  :kobeyuck :gladbron :comeon :shaq2 :ohhh :snoop :dayum

Jessica and Mark, oh yeah.
serge

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #17498 on: February 24, 2020, 01:03:59 PM »

Jessica and Mark, oh yeah.
Jessica is horrible. Mark is a simp. He needs to run away. There are so many red flags.
Lauren is clearly not as into Cameron as he's into her, and she's not even hiding it. If she is trying to hide, she has a terrible poker face.
Amber is going to ruin Barnett.
Giannina and the crying ginger will never make it.

I like how the show is called Love Is Blind, yet somehow all the men have 16" arms.

TVC15

« Reply #17499 on: February 24, 2020, 02:40:48 PM »
I hope you’ve already partaken of the font of trash that is 90 Day Fiance. I could physically feel myself becoming a worse person as I watched that.
serge

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #17500 on: February 24, 2020, 02:54:32 PM »
I hope you’ve already partaken of the font of trash that is 90 Day Fiance. I could physically feel myself becoming a worse person as I watched that.

Nope. I don't watch reality TV normally, but the ball-and-chain was binging all weekend. I couldn't help but watch.

Might check it out.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #17501 on: March 01, 2020, 04:06:00 PM »

Just wrapping up ep 6 now

I'm still not sure if these people are real, or if it is a masterclass in acting
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #17502 on: March 01, 2020, 04:19:08 PM »
Been watching Unsolved Mysteries The Robert Stack Era on Amazon. :rejoice

TVC15

« Reply #17503 on: March 01, 2020, 04:27:22 PM »
Been watching Unsolved Mysteries The Robert Stack Era on Amazon. :rejoice

Lol, been binging all weekend as I’ve been playing games and doing thangs. Great background tv.
serge

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #17504 on: March 01, 2020, 08:48:46 PM »
Altered Carbon season 2 sucks :mjcry

All that kitschy Cowboy Bebop If It Was Made By A White Person  charm is gone. It's like a season of The 100 now :beli
I didn't have much hope after the steep nose dive the show took in quality in the back half of season 1. We'll always have those superb first few episodes though.
Spud

TVC15

« Reply #17506 on: March 01, 2020, 09:41:55 PM »
If I ever got a TV show, whatever it was, it’d be aiming to be like Red Shoe Diaries.
serge

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #17507 on: March 01, 2020, 10:45:03 PM »
Yeah I punched out of S2 of Altered Carbon in the first episode. It's like they somehow focused on all the shit I couldn't care less about. How do you fuck up cyberpunk so badly? And the dude they casted is somehow more wooden then the former lead. Even when he's emoting anger it's like there's a disconnect there

Bebpo

« Reply #17508 on: March 01, 2020, 11:12:14 PM »
Watched the first episode of I'm not ok with this since I liked End of the Fucking World a lot and this is the same director's 2nd project. Being that it's also a quirky show about 2 teens that's eight 20 min episodes and also based off a graphic novel (by the same author Charles Formann) and also set to music cues and narration in the same style, this is sorta the american remake spiritual successor to End of the Fucking World in style at least. From ep1 it seems like that and it also seems less compelling because the leads here just don't have the charisma that the UK couple had. And well the dialogue just isn't as sharp and well written, but different graphic novel and all as the core. The ratings for the graphic novel on goodreads seem a lot lower than end of the f***king world.

But being that it's 8 twenty min eps, it's very bingable like end of the fucking world, so will watch it through in a sitting or two and report back.

TVC15

« Reply #17509 on: March 02, 2020, 09:29:46 PM »
Watched the first episode of I'm not ok with this since I liked End of the Fucking World a lot and this is the same director's 2nd project. Being that it's also a quirky show about 2 teens that's eight 20 min episodes and also based off a graphic novel (by the same author Charles Formann) and also set to music cues and narration in the same style, this is sorta the american remake spiritual successor to End of the Fucking World in style at least. From ep1 it seems like that and it also seems less compelling because the leads here just don't have the charisma that the UK couple had. And well the dialogue just isn't as sharp and well written, but different graphic novel and all as the core. The ratings for the graphic novel on goodreads seem a lot lower than end of the f***king world.

But being that it's 8 twenty min eps, it's very bingable like end of the fucking world, so will watch it through in a sitting or two and report back.

I liked this but the ending is really unsatisfying. It feels like there’s a missing episode.
serge

Bebpo

« Reply #17510 on: March 02, 2020, 09:34:09 PM »
I watched through ep3 last night. It's still just kinda ok. Feels a lot slower paced and a bit boring compared to End of the Fucking World. Hoping it picks up soon.

bdoughty

« Reply #17511 on: March 03, 2020, 09:38:50 AM »
Love crime docs but The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez (Netflix) is a tough watch. Just finished it and just save yourself the time. Incompetence on every level as shocking as that will sound.

Nobody is held accountable, outside of the mother and boyfriend who did kill the poor boy.

Why does California sentence people to the Death Penalty when they have not used it since 2006 and was suspended last year? Can't see them bringing it back.
[close]

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #17512 on: March 03, 2020, 11:01:17 AM »
Been watching Hunters and for a super political I hate the nazis kinda show it does a good job of portraying why nazis are fucking scum instead of the usual bollocks.

TVC15

« Reply #17513 on: March 03, 2020, 12:11:38 PM »
Love crime docs but The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez (Netflix) is a tough watch. Just finished it and just save yourself the time. Incompetence on every level as shocking as that will sound.

Nobody is held accountable, outside of the mother and boyfriend who did kill the poor boy.

Why does California sentence people to the Death Penalty when they have not used it since 2006 and was suspended last year? Can't see them bringing it back.
[close]

Not worth watching then? I’ve seen it’s ranking there and I was curious since I like the true crime
serge

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17514 on: March 03, 2020, 03:58:07 PM »
Man, I missed Better Call Saul. Even though I kind of know where things are headed, it can still throw the odd curveball in

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #17515 on: March 03, 2020, 04:39:20 PM »
Altered Carbon season 2 is definitely a let down.

Bebpo

« Reply #17516 on: March 03, 2020, 06:36:58 PM »

I liked this but the ending is really unsatisfying. It feels like there’s a missing episode.

Yeah, just finished it. Thought there were 8 eps, so when the next ep didn’t play I was like wtf. That was a weak place to end it. Story felt really unfinished in all the arcs. Hopefully they do a S2 I guess. Or I can just check out the comic.

bdoughty

« Reply #17517 on: March 03, 2020, 07:22:27 PM »
Not worth watching then? I’ve seen it’s ranking there and I was curious since I like the true crime

For you it would be as you enjoy true crime and are not sensitive to certain types of material.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-most-revolting-and-heartbreaking-thing-youll-ever-see-watch-the-trials-of-gabriel-fernandez-on-netflix-warning-graphic-descriptions.172557/

Ree was having a tough time getting past the description.  ::)

TVC15

« Reply #17518 on: March 03, 2020, 07:43:14 PM »

For you it would be as you enjoy true crime and are not sensitive to certain types of material.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-most-revolting-and-heartbreaking-thing-youll-ever-see-watch-the-trials-of-gabriel-fernandez-on-netflix-warning-graphic-descriptions.172557/

Ree was having a tough time getting past the description.  ::)

You know, this sounds too grim for me!
serge

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #17519 on: March 03, 2020, 08:31:56 PM »
I looked up I'm not ok with this after I watched it and apparently

in the original comic she kills herself at the very end.
[close]
I think the show is pretty faithful otherwise which probably why the ending felt abtupt and unsatisfying.

I still loved it though but am worried how a season 2 would play out
___