Author Topic: The Bore Anime & Manga Thread  (Read 316168 times)

Beezy

Re: The Bore Anime & Manga Thread
« Reply #2460 on: March 22, 2010, 09:21:20 PM »

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #2461 on: March 22, 2010, 09:29:27 PM »
wat, that was kinda funny!
for once i agree with bebpo.

bleach would be better as a slice of life show.

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #2462 on: March 22, 2010, 10:07:59 PM »

hahahaha slice of life
Boo

treythemovie

« Reply #2463 on: March 22, 2010, 10:35:52 PM »
smh @ people trying to be declarative about series that they haven't even read 10% of the chapters of.

Himu

« Reply #2464 on: March 22, 2010, 10:45:31 PM »
Who said anything about being declarative on Bleach? It's fun.
IYKYK

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #2465 on: March 22, 2010, 11:17:23 PM »

hahahaha slice of life
you can slice me anytime, junhon.

Bebpo

« Reply #2466 on: March 23, 2010, 12:51:13 AM »
Mr. Gundam, do you know about Gundam Sousei?
http://www.onemanga.com/Gundam_Sousei/

I stumbled across it the other day.  Never heard of it before.  It's a manga about the making of the original Gundam and Tomino beats the shit out of his actors

« Reply #2467 on: March 23, 2010, 04:07:13 PM »
Nausicaa coming to Blu-ray in Japan on July 14th. I'm guessing we'll see it in North America before the end of 2010.

I stumbled across it the other day.  Never heard of it before.  It's a manga about the making of the original Gundam and Tomino beats the shit out of his actors

Never heard of that before. I'll check that out when I get home.
野球

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2468 on: March 24, 2010, 12:55:30 AM »
Railgun finally ended. The last two episodes were...so bad. Yeah, they cranked up the budget and put out some good action scenes, but everything else was just so, so stupid. I can't believe I stuck with this thing for 24 weeks.  :-\
dog

« Reply #2469 on: March 24, 2010, 01:16:41 AM »
I checked out Gundam Sousei, I recognize it from Gundam Ace. Pretty fun little story.
野球

cool breeze

« Reply #2470 on: March 24, 2010, 02:07:15 AM »

I checked that out last night.  I laughed when the g-armor was mentioned.  Since watching unicorn I have been rewatching old UC Gundam shows slowly (in the middle of Zeta now) and no g-defender in the movies (or a lot of the other gimmicky stuff).  I'm also remembering how the first half of Zeta is people getting slapped, punched, or stealing mobile suits in plain sight.  You'd think they would put Katz on a leash at some point.

Himu

« Reply #2471 on: March 24, 2010, 02:08:27 AM »
When does major s6 start up
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2472 on: March 24, 2010, 02:13:10 AM »
Bleach progress:

50 chapters down, 350 left!
IYKYK

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #2473 on: March 24, 2010, 02:18:27 AM »

I checked that out last night.  I laughed when the g-armor was mentioned.  Since watching unicorn I have been rewatching old UC Gundam shows slowly (in the middle of Zeta now) and no g-defender in the movies (or a lot of the other gimmicky stuff).  I'm also remembering how the first half of Zeta is people getting slapped, punched, or stealing mobile suits in plain sight.  You'd think they would put Katz on a leash at some point.

G-Armor and Guntank were both taken out of the movies, as I recall.  A bunch of the mobile suits from the anime were also removed, notably the Gyan.  Most of the mobile armors as well.
PS4

Himu

« Reply #2474 on: March 24, 2010, 02:20:49 AM »
I clearly remember guntank in the movie trilogy?
IYKYK

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #2475 on: March 24, 2010, 02:22:51 AM »
It got destroyed and replaced with a second Guncannon, as I recall.

Zakrello and Bigro were also removed from the movies.

PS4

cool breeze

« Reply #2476 on: March 24, 2010, 02:26:17 AM »
Guntank stopped showing up in the movies when they went to space, I think. 

Himu

« Reply #2477 on: March 24, 2010, 02:27:33 AM »
"went to space" is vague as it starts out in space, but you're right.

:lol

It's been a while. Guntank gets destroyed while Gun Cannon is still in. Or was that Gun Cannon that gets destroyed?

Need to rewatch trilogy.  :P
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 02:30:20 AM by Himuro »
IYKYK

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #2478 on: March 24, 2010, 02:28:32 AM »
I think Tomino realized the idea of a big tank flying through outer space was fucking stupid. :lol
PS4

Himu

« Reply #2479 on: March 24, 2010, 02:29:25 AM »
Nawwww, depends on the design of the tank. If the tank looked more like a ship crossed with a tank, it'd look awesome, but guntank looks stupid. lol
IYKYK

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #2480 on: March 24, 2010, 02:31:20 AM »
Guntank looks awesome on the ground.  It's just not mean to fly. :lol

PS4

cool breeze

« Reply #2481 on: March 24, 2010, 02:32:17 AM »
8th MS Team is like the only time when the Guntank design doesn't look totally ridiculous.  But then badass Gouf Custom fucks them all up :punch

Himu

« Reply #2482 on: March 24, 2010, 02:33:17 AM »
08th ms owns so hard

romeo and juliet hath invaded my gundamu
IYKYK

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #2483 on: March 24, 2010, 02:34:29 AM »
08th ms owns so hard

romeo and juliet hath invaded my gundamu

AINAAAAAAA!!

SHIROOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

AINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!
PS4

Himu

« Reply #2484 on: March 24, 2010, 02:35:35 AM »
Shiro, oh Shiro, wherefore art thou
IYKYK

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #2485 on: March 24, 2010, 02:36:44 AM »
I remember watching the 8th MS Team dub...as I recall, it was pretty good.

Norris Packard was so fucking badass.  You can tell the original director died halfway through, though...the story sort of does a 180 in the last few episodes.
PS4

cool breeze

« Reply #2486 on: March 24, 2010, 02:37:49 AM »
The three things I remember most about 8th MS Team

1) Gouf Custom
2) beam saber to melt ice
3) A BALL DEFEATS A ZAKU WTF

Himu

« Reply #2487 on: March 24, 2010, 02:38:34 AM »
It's really hard for me to watch Gundam series in Japanese as my first exposure to Gundam was Wing, and that was dubbed. Gundam dubs are generally very, very good.
IYKYK

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #2488 on: March 24, 2010, 02:39:34 AM »
G Gundam's dub voice for Domon and Master Asia are better than the original Japanese voices IMO.
PS4

Himu

« Reply #2489 on: March 24, 2010, 02:41:25 AM »
The three things I remember most about 8th MS Team

1) Gouf Custom
2) beam saber to melt ice
3) A BALL DEFEATS A ZAKU WTF

The music owned.

Also, the direction is amazing. It has great shots, and beautiful animation. Arguably my favorite Gundam.

The scene in the first episode? Where Aina and Shiro are waiting for help alone, with a sea of stars enveloping the screen? I don't know why, but that part (the whole abandoned ship part of the first episode) coupled with the music is my favorite part in any Gundam and it has minimal giant robots fighting.

IYKYK

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #2490 on: March 24, 2010, 02:42:51 AM »
8th MS Team is still one of the very best Gundam animus.
PS4

« Reply #2491 on: March 24, 2010, 11:38:53 AM »

Definitely. I'd be interested to see how things would've gone if the director hadn't passed away, though.
野球

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2492 on: March 24, 2010, 09:01:03 PM »

I'm in the middle of watching Zeta myself. I laughed so hard when Wong Lee beat the crap out of Kamille, and everybody just kinda walks away like "Welp, nothing to see here, just a civilian beating the tar out of our 15 yr old ace pilot for being late to a meeting." And then they're like "This is the military, and this is how things are done." Really? That's standard military procedure? :lol
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 09:02:56 PM by Joe Molotov® EDGE™ »
©@©™

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #2493 on: March 24, 2010, 09:05:27 PM »

Definitely. I'd be interested to see how things would've gone if the director hadn't passed away, though.

I'm betting that arrogant ace Zeon pilot who shows up in the early half of the series (only to be killed by Aina's brother in the next to last episode) would've had a bigger role.
PS4

cool breeze

« Reply #2494 on: March 24, 2010, 09:17:58 PM »

I'm in the middle of watching Zeta myself. I laughed so hard when Wong Lee beat the crap out of Kamille, and everybody just kinda walks away like "Welp, nothing to see here, just a civilian beating the tar out of our 15 yr old ace pilot for being late to a meeting." And then they're like "This is the military, and this is how things are done." Really? That's standard military procedure? :lol

the best is when they start expecting to be beaten when they make a mistake.  There is one point when Katz is just like "c'est la vie, let's get this over with" and doesn't get his (he totally deserves to get smacked around).

my favorite is probably Kamille's dad.  Mention his mistress and you get it across the face.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2495 on: March 24, 2010, 09:30:19 PM »
That Commando bump got me thinking maybe it's time this thread was retired.  It's got almost two years worth of posts now.  Who wants to make a new thread?
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2496 on: March 24, 2010, 09:32:02 PM »

the best is when they start expecting to be beaten when they make a mistake.  There is one point when Katz is just like "c'est la vie, let's get this over with" and doesn't get his (he totally deserves to get smacked around).

my favorite is probably Kamille's dad.  Mention his mistress and you get it across the face.

Emma bitchslapping Fa was pretty good too.
©@©™

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #2497 on: March 24, 2010, 09:32:58 PM »
That Commando bump got me thinking maybe it's time this thread was retired.  It's got almost two years worth of posts now.  Who wants to make a new thread?

DONNNNNE
PS4

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平