Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3688267 times)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #720 on: July 27, 2009, 10:44:24 PM »
:lol
fat

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #721 on: July 27, 2009, 10:52:38 PM »
I got up to the 'end' of SOTN on XBLA, got the shit ending, and realized I had to go scrounge up a bunch of arbitrary bullshit items if I wanted to actually keep playing the game. Total buzzkill, never touched it again.

yeah, I did that once, then somehow lost my save (or the game saved at the end so I couldn't return?) and had to go back and play through again.  On top of that, I must've started a significant chunk of the PS1 version at least 5 times since it came out along with a few hours into the PSP version.  I can't imagine how many people got the shit ending and accepted it (and how many people were surprised that the "real" ending was half the game!)

Still, I like it better than the DS games.  they should do an XBLA (and ps3, i guess, though I'd vote no just for the forum lulz) sequel.

Enl

« Reply #722 on: July 27, 2009, 11:29:28 PM »
King of the Fighters XII- Lite on the extras and not worth the $60 if you're casually into fighting games. I'm really liking the combat though.

Battlefield 1943- Addictive.

Played a bunch of old stuff at work:

Rygar (NES)
RoboWarrior
Iron Sword
Illusion of Gaia
Zelda: Oracle of Ages
Zombie Ate My Neighbors (No continue run. Made it to stage 16)

Also picked up Prey for $3.50 so I might put some time into that.
mmm

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #723 on: July 28, 2009, 06:41:39 AM »
I just started on Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. Yep its a Metriodvania. Always good fun, with sweet pump-up music. The art doesnt suck in this installment which is cool. The glyph combo thing is confusing atm but It'll probably end up making sense.

Jesus where do you work Enl, where you can play Zombies Ate My Neighbours up to stage 16!? As well as those other games. I want your job!

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #724 on: July 28, 2009, 06:43:57 AM »
I know I'm like 12 years late on this but....fucking christ!   The inverted castle is literally the WHOLE castle but upside down?! 
I don't know why, but I expected it to be some small end game thing.  It's already giving me a headache just looking at it.  I think I'll come back to this later on lol

and looking at my map in Sacred 2 vs. the time I've spent playing is depressing.  i've put in a couple good 3-4 hour sessions (for about 20 hours total) and I haven't seen shit.  I think I'll just keep the game around forever and pick away at it for years. Either that or wait until Diablo 3 for the 360 gets announced...but blizzard is too rich to even give a shit about that.

yeah the Inverted Castle was the megaton of 1997. the goty was like, twice as long as you thought! It was AWESOME.

200/200 on XBLA version niccas... :flex

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #725 on: July 28, 2009, 06:46:00 AM »
been playing SNK Arcade Classics on PSP. It rules! Its got unlockables and achievements/medal thingys up the wazoo. I could play Fatal Fury until the cows come home nicca

Ive changed my mind, the medals/achievements are a bit hard, and theres no one around to wipe my baby butt

Enl

« Reply #726 on: July 28, 2009, 02:08:26 PM »
Jesus where do you work Enl, where you can play Zombies Ate My Neighbours up to stage 16!? As well as those other games. I want your job!

I work at a call center. On the weekends it is usually dead enough there for me to do whatever inbetween calls.
mmm

ch1nchilla

« Reply #727 on: July 28, 2009, 07:24:54 PM »
Played mad Dragon Quest V on my flight home yesterday. Love that game, but probably won't play it until I'm on a plane or something again.

Back to SF, will say I want to finish Persona 4 but probably won't.

cool breeze

« Reply #728 on: July 29, 2009, 05:44:49 PM »
the new Bionic Commando Rearmed patch really does make the game super easy

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #729 on: July 29, 2009, 06:15:23 PM »
I got up to the 'end' of SOTN on XBLA, got the shit ending, and realized I had to go scrounge up a bunch of arbitrary bullshit items if I wanted to actually keep playing the game. Total buzzkill, never touched it again.
Dude, you need to find TWO things.  ::)
Hi

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #730 on: July 29, 2009, 06:16:19 PM »
Went back to Fallout 3. :hump

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR
« Reply #731 on: July 29, 2009, 07:24:47 PM »
Finished off Ghostbusters last night, finally going to tear into Red Faction tonight.

Ghostbusters was a fun, fun game.
fek

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #732 on: July 29, 2009, 07:26:21 PM »
Mucky honey, I have Ghostbusters. Want to help me with a couple online when you have the chance?
fat

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR
« Reply #733 on: July 29, 2009, 07:29:16 PM »
I just have it as a rental, but yeah, I'll help you out the next time I'll be on. May not be for a couple of weeks, unfortunately. :'(
fek

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #734 on: July 29, 2009, 07:29:45 PM »
Maybe by then they will patch the glitched ones. omg.
fat

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #735 on: July 29, 2009, 07:34:03 PM »
Mucky honey

:rofl

Oh god the voice I'm imagining in my head.

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR
« Reply #736 on: July 29, 2009, 07:38:50 PM »
You should hear him on Live!
fek

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #737 on: July 29, 2009, 07:40:59 PM »
I serenade sweet songs to your ear.
fat

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR
« Reply #738 on: July 29, 2009, 07:41:36 PM »
Like candy for the soul.
fek

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #739 on: July 29, 2009, 07:48:55 PM »
i'm playing "why the fuck am i reading evilbore when I could be playing mvc2" ?????

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #740 on: July 29, 2009, 11:19:18 PM »
Just started Fifty Cent: Blood on the Sand in an effort to keep Scenester rife with gamerscore. It's surprisingly enjoyable.

Two nights ago was apparently "XBLA night" at Casa Chronovore. I played Pac-Man C.E., N+, some Double D Dodgeball hoping it had been patched (it has not), and finished with that most soporific of games, UNO, before retiring to my boudoir. I didn't load a single DVD-ROM-based game the entire night, yet was satisfied.

Also caved to DCharlie peer pressure and bought Castle Crashers. Loving the art style, not too sure about the grindiness of it yet.

cool breeze

« Reply #741 on: July 29, 2009, 11:35:26 PM »
replaying mirror's edge on pc

that physicx or whatever stuff was kinda bogging the game down and stopping it from running at 60 fps (8800gt had to do both physics and graphics or something? i dunno) but the effects were kinda neat.  Well, I wish I could just keep the sparks and turn off the cloth stuff, but since that wasn't an option, I had to turn that stuff all off.  The sparks really add to the scenes where you're being chased.

the game is a lot more enjoyable when you skip the cutscenes and use guns.  I don't find combat frustrating when I can shoot people in the face instead of sneaking around.

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #742 on: July 30, 2009, 12:17:30 AM »
just got a double KO against the CPU in MvC2. 

that's the first time in all my years of playing this game that I've ever seen that.

« Reply #743 on: July 30, 2009, 03:04:30 AM »
Finished up Bionic Commando Rearmed today, I'll probably start tackling Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! tomorrow.
野球

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #744 on: July 30, 2009, 04:14:41 AM »
Still continuing FF Tactics

Defeated Weigraf/Belias at the castle and those assassins.

Both battles were so fucking annoying.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #745 on: July 30, 2009, 05:00:03 AM »
Still continuing FF Tactics

Defeated Weigraf/Belias at the castle and those assassins.

Both battles were so fucking annoying.

:rock

Those battles were annoying and awesome. What jobs do you use in your party? Ninjas rock :punch

Truth :rock

Ramza was a Knight (normally a ninja but i wanted the extra HP) with Teleport, Soulbind (Damage Split), Dual Wield

A girl Ninja with Teleport, Equip Swords, SoulBind

Samurai with Dual Wield, Move +2, Shishiadori (Blade Grasp)

Summoner

Agrias with all her Holy Sword Stuff

While fighting Belias he was kind enough to charge for his summon so i did as much damage as i could but unfortunately his move came off, killed my Ninja, Summoner and had Ramza with low health. His cronies pick off ramza and criticals my Samurai with thier attacks while Belias charges again but luckily Agrias doing Divine Ruination (Holy Destruction) was enough to kill him.

As for the Assassins i was fucking pissed that one of them killed my Ninja with one Attack  :maf , but i wounded one of them enough in just one move with Ramza so they ran away.

Now for chapter 4 and i think i will doing some side quests to get the extra characters.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 05:13:15 AM by Purple Filth »

Ninja

« Reply #746 on: July 30, 2009, 08:35:28 AM »
Tales of Vesperia - At Keiv Moc

And a little bit of MvC2
wat

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #747 on: July 30, 2009, 08:58:15 AM »
star defense
i dig it

:bow IPHONE :bow2
itm

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #748 on: July 30, 2009, 10:36:39 AM »
I was in the mood for a JRPG since I haven't played one in years so I started playing Infinite Undiscovery. So far I'm not enjoying it too much. I hope it gets better soon.

Those twins, ugh.  :-\
WDW

cool breeze

« Reply #749 on: July 30, 2009, 11:40:26 AM »
having the save battery of an old game die is the worst

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #750 on: July 30, 2009, 11:46:37 AM »
I was in the mood for a JRPG since I haven't played one in years so I started playing Infinite Undiscovery. So far I'm not enjoying it too much. I hope it gets better soon.

I am playing through that also, and my sentiments are similar. The voice acting and writing is absolutely terrible, I can't believe that anyone actually spent time on this. The battle system is alright though, and I heard that it is relatively short, so that is what's keeping me playing it right now.
jon

cool breeze

« Reply #751 on: July 30, 2009, 11:52:21 AM »
the annoying thing for me is losing all the data

my Super Mario Deluxe game was wiped, and I had everything unlocked in that game with the opening credits changed the Basket Case.  I don't even remember how I did that before.

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #752 on: July 30, 2009, 12:29:08 PM »
That's some good shit Kosma!

Current my lineup is:

a) couple of board wargames
b) Lord of the Rings Online (super-casual MMO fun)
c) Anno 1404
d) AGEOD's American Civil War

East India Company comes out tomorrow and I'm going to jump into that. So far the biggest complaint seems to be with the interface, and so far it's coming from two people who are notoriously picky about UI issues (tom chick) or are people I never fully agree with anyway (troy goodfellow). So I'm not as down on it as some others are.

Hearts of Iron 3 next week too. ZOUNDS.
hex

Purple Filth

« Reply #753 on: July 30, 2009, 01:07:51 PM »

Dinner Dance FTW  :lol

the annoying thing for me is losing all the data

my Super Mario Deluxe game was wiped, and I had everything unlocked in that game with the opening credits changed the Basket Case.  I don't even remember how I did that before.

Agreed.

I had a Super Metroid Cartridge that would lose data (especially when the cartridge doesn't start and you have remove it and try again). I was making nice progress and then it got wiped, really soured me on playing the game again.

I couldn't even play the emulated version since i would remember and lose interest  :'(

I fought Velius (Belias) 9 times. The combination that actually killed him was 3 Ninjas + 2 Summoners. My Ninjas had Concentrate for 100% hit rate, Move +2 and all the speed-up gear on. In the very first turn I hit him with Ramza-Ninja for around 400 damage and threw one Morning Star for 160 damage with the other Ninja. The third Ninja couldn't throw anything cause Velius was out of reach. In his first turn he summoned something, I think it was Titan or Cyclops and killed 1 Ninja and 2 Summoners with that one fucking spell :'( His cronies unloaded some Dark Holys and Lifestealers on Ramza, luckily he endured with 40 HP left :o Then it was again Ramza's turn so I whacked him for 200 damage, then it was the second Ninja's turn - and he killed him :hyper

The Assassin's fight was very funny.

First time I tried it the normal way - move up to Marquiz and try to steal his stuff, oops, he Hamedo'd me right away and then those two bitches killed that stupid bitch Rafa in 1 turn.

Second time I simply used the same party as in the Velius fight (Ninjas + Summoners) and "killed" one of the assassins in my first turn (Ninja + 'Move+2' + 'Move+1 Boots' = dead assassin in first turn). I won this battle in 24 seconds... but it still isn't the fastest battle I won! When fighting that Sorcerer in Murlond Death City I won in like 12 seconds :lol

Neither Rafa nor Marquiz nor the Assassins had a chance to move.

Actually i fought him 3 times

First attempt: he killed me in the first phase of the fight with his high hitting sword arts (was a ninja)  :lol

Second Attempt: Switch to knight, defeated first form, Belias unleashes Cyclops and his Cronies unleashed all they had and made good of my squad (which sucked since my summoner actually learned Cyclops  :'()

Third Attempt was the winning one (sadly my summoner still didn't learn cyclops but oh well).

As for the Assassins i didn't bother with the marquiz since one of the girls was going after Rafa, luckily she just did a normal slash on her. It could have been a wash since my girl ninja started first but i didn't teleport in a decent position (fearing it would fail) so i just threw something. Assassin comes over, chokes and game over for her but i guess it was best for her and not ramza since it would have been him instead.

On a side note holy fucking shit at that castle, Belius was cleaning house in that bitch :o

and  :lol @ the duke's demise  :lol :lol :lol

« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 05:01:37 PM by Purple Filth »

Purple Filth

« Reply #754 on: July 30, 2009, 09:30:28 PM »
Hey man, you uhh, never played FFT? So I shouldn't be like spoilering shit around left & right?

I played the Ps1 version for a while but then my Ps1 stopped working and i basically forgot about it (even when i got a PS2). The only battle i could vividly remember was fighting Argath since he kept on doing that auto potion bullshit and it pissed me off.

Since i had a PSP i decided to try the port this time and what I've posted is the farthest I've reached.

As for the story i basically know how it ends but the journey so far has been very interesting so i'm enjoying it. So you can spoiler stuff if you want.

cool breeze

« Reply #755 on: July 30, 2009, 11:21:52 PM »
Got around to finding some old PC games.  Wanted to replay Max Payne 2.  Still looks good, but slightly annoyed it's only 4:3.  Logic made me think a game from 2003 would have widescreen; logic is such a liar. Memories of 6 year younger swaggaz using a hack to play as nude Mona Sax returning; smh me in the past.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #756 on: July 31, 2009, 12:22:34 AM »
The more I play Fight Night Round 4, the more I get my ass kicked. I think i have to take training seriously.  :-\
Goddamn realistic boxing sims.  :maf
Can we get an updated version of Ring King plz?
©ZH

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR
« Reply #757 on: July 31, 2009, 12:36:30 AM »
I'm really hoping that new gym in Fight Night either brings back the old training games, or the patch makes the current ones a tad less frustrating.
fek

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #758 on: July 31, 2009, 12:38:58 AM »
i'm probably too impatient, but I try to take each round seriously. I block and weave, but I never get as many counters as the cpu does.  :'(
©ZH

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR
« Reply #759 on: July 31, 2009, 01:10:39 AM »
If you're getting up the rankings, it doesn't seem to matter. I pull off tons of counters, and I can stun 'em, but they retreat/turtle so well in the mid to high rankings that when they're stunned knocking them down becomes quite difficult.
fek

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #760 on: July 31, 2009, 01:12:31 AM »
star defense
i dig it

:bow IPHONE :bow2

I got all excited until I realized it was just another tower defense game, the most oversaturated genre of 2009.

Magic 8-Ball says:

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #761 on: July 31, 2009, 01:28:08 AM »
yeah, tower defense games are trash.
fat

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #762 on: July 31, 2009, 02:23:58 AM »
Brother is home visiting, so we were playing some MVC2.
^_^

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #763 on: July 31, 2009, 01:51:53 PM »
Space Invaders Infinity Gene on the iphone fucking rocks my balls.  Probably the best game I've played on the thing.  Definitely worth the 5 bucks.

If you got an iphone/itouch, you MUST buy this.
Tacos

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #764 on: July 31, 2009, 02:43:00 PM »
Space Invaders Infinity Gene on the iphone fucking rocks my balls.  Probably the best game I've played on the thing.  Definitely worth the 5 bucks.

packing up my plasma and 360 for two days while I move, so I'll definitely check this out.  thanks for the recommendation!

I don't know why I play so many console games...scrabble, drop7, and go on my iphone are the only games I need

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
« Reply #765 on: July 31, 2009, 03:20:49 PM »
Peggle on the iPhone while on work breaks, and I just bought Fat Princess last night so that's on the weekend playlist.

Oh, and I've been playing BF1943 very sporadically the past couple days as well.
うぐう

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #766 on: July 31, 2009, 04:11:43 PM »
jeeeeeeeezus christh you weren't kidding Hitler.  just played up to 2-2...this is like bullet hell space invaders.  fucking amazing!   my initial impression is that it shits all over space invaders extreme, which is a game I love. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #767 on: July 31, 2009, 06:39:43 PM »
Back to SF4 again; I feel all fucked up now when playing it now after so much BB and KOF; and gotta whip myself back into shape.  Also been playing, or should I say, attempting to play, KOF XII online.  Sometimes you really do get a decent connection!   :o :'(

Wondering why I ended up buying Wipeout HD+Fury; haven't touched it yet.  I'd say MvC2 too, but that's something I'll mess around with from time to time.  Game's a broken mess though.
ど助平

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #768 on: July 31, 2009, 09:05:20 PM »
jeeeeeeeezus christh you weren't kidding Hitler.  just played up to 2-2...this is like bullet hell space invaders.  fucking amazing!   my initial impression is that it shits all over space invaders extreme, which is a game I love. 

Glad you liked it.  It's a pretty freaking awesome little game - it's like Rez mixed with Space Invaders...or something like that.  I'm honestly kind of surprised it works as well as it does on the iphone.

And I love the music mode where you can play unique levels based on the music from your own library.  Too much win going on for just $4.99
Tacos

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #769 on: July 31, 2009, 09:47:27 PM »
Hit Level 20 in Fallout 3 as an evil bitch to get the Scourge of Humanity achievement. 8)

To get the other two achievements for neutral and good karma I reloaded and gave money to the church until the priest said I was good person.  Kind of like real life!

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #770 on: July 31, 2009, 10:11:59 PM »
I'd say MvC2 too, but that's something I'll mess around with from time to time.  Game's a broken mess though.

You know, I had never used Magneto+Iron Man+Doom before, but I started choosing them in ranked matches and I'm doing a little too well for not knowing shit. 

I hope this is a step towards CvS2 on XBLA.  That game can't just disappear forever.

Glad you liked it.  It's a pretty freaking awesome little game - it's like Rez mixed with Space Invaders...or something like that.  I'm honestly kind of surprised it works as well as it does on the iphone.

And I love the music mode where you can play unique levels based on the music from your own library.  Too much win going on for just $4.99

ah, didn't know it generated levels.  Good deal!

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #771 on: July 31, 2009, 11:08:55 PM »
I downloaded the 3 Blair Witch games... deleted all of them within 10 minutes. Holy fucking crap... worse controls than AITD. Actually AITD was playable.
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #772 on: August 01, 2009, 02:57:37 AM »
Just finished Phantasy Star 2 at Level 25. Eat that, unrequired grinding. I don't need Megid.
fat

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #773 on: August 01, 2009, 06:25:55 PM »
Just got my 100,000 kills in Dynasty Warriors Gundam  8)

Got it in about 56 hours.  I remember MAF saying it took him 60 hours and that is with kill grinding.  I still have quite a few missions left to finish all characters in Original.

Since MAF isn't around for me to talk shit, I'm just going to declare myself the best Musou gamer on EB  :smug
🍆🍆

FatalT

« Reply #774 on: August 01, 2009, 06:48:23 PM »
I just figured out that you have to do all of a gang's strongholds in order to get their final mission in Saint's Row 2. Blarg, I finished everything but those. Anyone want to help me out in co-op?

Powerslave

« Reply #775 on: August 01, 2009, 08:24:17 PM »
NFS Most Wanted:
I'm at #2. I use a Gallardo.

Breath of Fire 3:
I'm at the lighthouse. Doing a power-up game.

cool breeze

« Reply #776 on: August 01, 2009, 09:07:59 PM »
Shatter, which is pretty fun.  I saw some people saying it's like a shooter mixed with breakout, and it does kinda feel like that.  It's different for a breakout clone, at least, and one of the better versions I've played.  Not as good as Thunder and Lightning for the NES, but that's the best.

Funniest part about the game is that it tries to have a plot about how paddles are oppressed beings used to generate power until you, the anomaly paddle, rebels against the evil blocks/evil paddles to free your comrades.  PSN art games lol.  Music is really good, though.

I saw some videos and want to pick it up next time I feel like installing itunes and using my ipod touch again.  Using own music seems awesome and I wish more games would do it, especially on the iphone where you have most of your music.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #777 on: August 01, 2009, 09:24:00 PM »
Just got my 100,000 kills in Dynasty Warriors Gundam  8)

Got it in about 56 hours.  I remember MAF saying it took him 60 hours and that is with kill grinding.  I still have quite a few missions left to finish all characters in Original.

Since MAF isn't around for me to talk shit, I'm just going to declare myself the best Musou gamer on EB  :smug

maf sez: it was 60 hours for 1000/1000, newb :smug  you got a ways to go he sez.
duc

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #778 on: August 01, 2009, 10:00:04 PM »
tried call of juarez again

someone else with a gamefly subscription can try it in a couple of days
sup

FatalT

« Reply #779 on: August 01, 2009, 10:42:59 PM »
Not gonna lie Eel, I downloaded it for PC a while back and made it like halfway through the game. I actually enjoyed it and I despised the first one.