Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3559590 times)

ILikePizza

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #30240 on: October 31, 2017, 12:17:32 AM »
Probably gonna pick up Hat in Time since I can't play Mario Odyssey like everyone else

You won't regret it.  Really enjoyed the game.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #30241 on: October 31, 2017, 12:47:01 AM »
Needa finish these A Tier Wii U titles so i don't feel bad about selling it :p Starting Xenoblade Chronicles X tonight, then Bayo 2. Haven't played a (relatively) new jrpg for a while.
◕‿◕

« Reply #30242 on: October 31, 2017, 07:19:08 AM »
Probably gonna pick up Hat in Time since I can't play Mario Odyssey like everyone else

You won't regret it.  Really enjoyed the game.

I've heard nothing but good things about it (differently from Yooka Laylee) so I'm looking forward to it.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #30243 on: October 31, 2017, 08:18:13 AM »
I got my replacement R2 button, and fixed my controller. So I jumped back into Bloodborne and almost broke it again in the Defiled Chalice. Like what the fuck who's idea was that

But I beat it because I'm the best
fat

Snoopycat_

« Reply #30244 on: October 31, 2017, 08:19:45 AM »
Might buy Costume Quest 2. It looks cutesy enough to shut the kids up for 10 minutes

paprikastaude

« Reply #30245 on: October 31, 2017, 08:34:29 AM »
who actually plays the chalice dungeons :mindblown

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #30246 on: October 31, 2017, 09:08:13 AM »
Just need to beat Yharnam and Moon Presence

u have to in order to reach Yharnam
fat

« Reply #30247 on: October 31, 2017, 05:16:03 PM »
Finished Danganronpa V3.

Will be stuck grinding away at the extra modes for a while.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #30248 on: October 31, 2017, 05:25:50 PM »

They're so bad, but the exclusive bosses made the Souls nerd in me force myself to finish the whole thing.
zzzzz

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #30249 on: October 31, 2017, 11:07:31 PM »
I used the dungeons as a break from the main game.  There are some hardcore nerds who just play them exclusively.  WTF

Anyway I'm playing San Andreas again.  Finally got through that shit mission where you have to race against Claude.  Was excited to get to San Fierro before I remembered  that means I'll have to do driving  school again.

Bebpo

« Reply #30250 on: November 01, 2017, 02:28:48 PM »
I replayed it once on the PS2 port and it was still a really fun game.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #30251 on: November 01, 2017, 02:29:17 PM »
nights is a game that many people dont really understand (myself included).

most people just play the first level and are like, what the fuck do i do man

i see you covered that in your first post
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #30252 on: November 01, 2017, 02:39:00 PM »
It's a time attack arcade platform racer. All about getting those great runs doing circles and making magic while exploring and collecting all the things.

The boss fights are cool too.

Bebpo

« Reply #30253 on: November 01, 2017, 02:57:13 PM »

Yeah, it's kind of a hard game to grasp. I don't mean in difficulty but in what exactly you're supposed to be doing. Started understanding some of it's basic principles about an hour into replaying a level over and over. :lol After getting the hang of it(well, somewhat) and talking to Oscar a bit about it I've been enjoying it more and more.

Definitely feels weird as a flagship game for a failing console that needed to turn it's life around. It's really interesting to me that this was Sega's big game. Kinda shows how out of touch they were at the time, but I'm glad it exists all the same for how unique it is.

Now i'm morbidly curious about the Wii sequel, though I heard it was trash.

You're talking about a company whose other flagship games were stuff like Virtua-On, Burning Rangers, SEAMAN. Sega was always about the creative off-kilter stuff, which was a good thing.

« Reply #30254 on: November 01, 2017, 06:57:19 PM »

I've beat Nights before and enjoyed my time with it, but I'm not sure I actually knew what I was doing.
野球

« Reply #30255 on: November 01, 2017, 11:16:32 PM »
I've played it before though I never finished it, the advice I was given was basically "it's a score attack game, use your time until the end and go for high scores"

Not sure I knew exactly what I was doing either. But still had fun

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #30256 on: November 02, 2017, 04:04:21 AM »
NIGHTS makes more sense when you realize it sorta has two modes but doesn't tell you any of this. There's play it straight through which is pretty easy and only takes a few hours. And then there's the score attack part and hidden stuff. And you're kinda intended to do one as an extended tutorial/story, then the other for the bulk of your game time.

From what I understand Sega of America did not entirely know what NIGHTS was like before it started pushing it as the competitor to Crash and Mario 64 for that year. They saw the open world part and the NIGHTS character and were like, done, all we need to know. It had a very different treatment elsewhere IIRC.

You can partly tell how big of impact NIGHTS had by how many games support the analog controller. It's mostly all SEGA games, and mostly Japan releases, and like two random third party games. And then a couple games from those Saturn crazy devs like Lobotomy's ports of Duke, Quake, etc.

benjipwns

« Reply #30257 on: November 02, 2017, 04:06:44 AM »
Now i'm morbidly curious about the Wii sequel, though I heard it was trash.
It's from the same team that created Shadow The Hedgehog.

I guess the gameplay, and story/characters, are all very different and that it might have been something else originally and they slapped NIGHTS on it to make it more recognizable.

Corporal

« Reply #30258 on: November 02, 2017, 07:19:43 AM »
So I had ten bucks left over and Snake Pass was 50% off.

Huh.

I'm currently mirroring the Nights experience. The fuck is this. The fuck am I doing. Why. How. ???

Putting this on the back burner for a bit. Mario&Rabbids, Golf Story and Stardew Valley come first. Oh, and Splatoon 2. I should also give MariO a go as well.

Dammit. How did I deal with this shit when  I was just a wee tyke.
!list

benjipwns

« Reply #30259 on: November 02, 2017, 07:40:15 AM »
The 360 -> Wii thing might explain some of the gameplay changes as well or better.

There was a motion controlled NIGHTS that was worked on for the Dreamcast that didn't get past prototyping.

The lead designer and director of NIGHTS: Journey of Dreams is the same guy holding those positions on Shadow The Hedgehog.

For NIGHTS: Journey of Dreams the shared team was:
Shadow the Hedgehog, a group of 26 people
Sonic Heroes, a group of 20 people
Sonic: Unleashed, a group of 18 people
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, a group of 16 people
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, a group of 16 people
Sonic Adventure, a group of 16 people
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games: Sochi 2014, a group of 16 people
Sonic Adventure 2, a group of 15 people
Sonic Adventure DX (Director's Cut), a group of 14 people

The guys who worked on the original Nights didn't produce anything after Burning Rangers or moved into management positions or for some odd reason landed at Microsoft and created Blinx. Takashi Iizuka is listed as lead game designer on NIGHTS and other top director positions on all that Sonic Adventure forward garbage but he has at least five people listed above him in NIGHTS' pecking order that he doesn't on any game after that where he's in all the lead positions. And from media coverage of the time it was always presented as Yuiji Naka's project. (Though that may just be because people associated him with Sonic.)

Though none of that really matters much I guess, I heard it was garbage like you. It's just not unsurprising if that's the development legacy of the core team and Shadow was their immediate prior project.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #30260 on: November 02, 2017, 12:43:54 PM »
On Act 4 of Path of Exile but losing steam and probably going to bail. It's a great game, but I think I've lost my affinity for ARPGs at this point.

Any progress, Bob?

I made it to Act 6 (Beach). It is a fantastic game. The levels, the bosses, the expectations of a Diablo clone and how PoE shatters them like thin glass, the fucking MUSIC, the "wait, what is happening?... did they really?!? YES THEY REALLY DID" moments, the plot and amazing writing etc. etc.

I'm a LVL50 Marauder and have 30 Skill Points (+10 Undo Skill Points) ready to be assigned (yes, I did not level up for the last 30 levels :) ). I am kind of waiting with assigning them for the moment I hit a road block but so far so good. The only problematic enemies are Rare Strongbox Totems (can't touch them) and Act Bosses but then they done fucked up by having you respawn immiediately outside the Boss Room when you die and the Bosses *NOT* regenerating health. This makes PC death meaningles... I think I died to some of the Act Bosses around ~30 times... *shrug*. Live. Die. Repeat. The boss is finally dead.

And I didn't even try to use the various Orbs. Holy shit does this game make you think hard about your build :mindblown

Haven't played since that post, but I was actually thinking about getting back in and playing a bunch this weekend. I've heard the most recent acts especially are really impressive so I'm interested to check those out. I feel like this is going to be a game I beat little by little over a long period of time.

The build flexibility sure is super fucking cool though. I really wish I had it in me to go hard on this game because the me from 10 years ago would've gone nuts for it.
zzzzz

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #30261 on: November 03, 2017, 08:39:16 AM »
The whole game is super impressive - the Acts structure and "surprises" are a shining example of that. It's like Baldur's Gate 2 but in Diablo form. Kind of hard to explain, really.

Lol okay, that caught my interest. But is it too hardcore for an ARPG noob like me who only ever played Diablo 2+3?

Corporal

« Reply #30262 on: November 03, 2017, 09:27:27 AM »
I'd suggest looking up a build from someone with more experience.

The game already has its occasional traps and asshole enemies (e.g. there's that fire caster mob right after the first village that has caused quite a bit of newbie and noob grief). Respeccing halfway through is expensive and time intensive, and as you can see from Borys above, the game expects you to stay on your toes, so starting out with a bit of a stable foundation and going from there once you have developed a feel for the mechanics is a good idea.

Be prepared to abandon your first few characters midway through, honestly. If the game manages to reel you in, you will already not mind, though.

It's F2P, so you won't lose anything. It's a great game, so give it a chance. At worst, you'll just tag along with a vet and shoot the shit.
!list

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #30263 on: November 03, 2017, 11:51:45 AM »
So after all this time I finally got to the point where I can pop in Witcher 3. I started it up and was like "Who's this? What's that? Where are they? Who's that?"

I figure I should probably play 1 and 2 first. I really want to enjoy it as much as possible.
que

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #30264 on: November 03, 2017, 12:05:25 PM »
Yeah well, while I liked the first Witcher back then, I'd suggest you skip it and start with 2.

The first one was typical Euro trash and I doubt it got any better with age. The plot in 1 gets mostly ignored in the later games anyway, apart from some minor references.

And it's not that the first game eases you into the world any better. I was confused a lot when playing it. And while the later games do a better job in that regard, there are many things you won't understand initially unless you read the books they are based on. So if you don't really want to play the older titles, just be patient a bit. Things get clearer, the further you move on with the plot.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #30265 on: November 03, 2017, 01:07:06 PM »
Umm... Path of Exile - Act 6 is no fucking joke.

- you get -30% to all resistances
- you PERMA LOSE XP WHEN YOU DIE (finally!)
- random mobs have tons of elemental attacks
- random mobs destroy you in 10 seconds (!!!)

I have -7% Cold Resistance. WTF.

Game is still amazing. Had to rejewel my equipment for some +% Cold Resistances. I lost some damage but it is NOT about your DPS now but about your survivality. Some of the bosses in Act 6 :o They kill me on sight :lol
Yeah, you wanna watch those resistances. Only chaos resist is safe to leave negative, all the others will get you killed quick if they're negative, especially by random rares with "extra damage as [element]". I've found that 30-50%+ is OK for the campaign for the most part, but by Act 9 and Act 10 you should have them all at the capped at 75%.

I've heard that trading is really shit on console, so you might have to craft to fill gaps in the future.

Pro tip: Don't finish Act 10 before you do the Eternal Labyrinth, as that will decrease your resistances further.

ILikePizza

« Reply #30266 on: November 03, 2017, 01:11:15 PM »
Yeah well, while I liked the first Witcher back then, I'd suggest you skip it and start with 2.

The first one was typical Euro trash and I doubt it got any better with age. The plot in 1 gets mostly ignored in the later games anyway, apart from some minor references.

And it's not that the first game eases you into the world any better. I was confused a lot when playing it. And while the later games do a better job in that regard, there are many things you won't understand initially unless you read the books they are based on. So if you don't really want to play the older titles, just be patient a bit. Things get clearer, the further you move on with the plot.

Good advice.  Just start with 2.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #30267 on: November 03, 2017, 01:18:08 PM »
Read a Wiki on what happened with the characters in the first two games. W2 is a fine game (as is W1, with some caveats), but I'm not sure it's worth your time to do it just to catch up on the story.

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #30268 on: November 03, 2017, 01:28:31 PM »
Witcher 2 is still a great game and worth playing. I hear that sentiment of skipping it in favor of Witcher 3 a lot and don't really understand it. Just because it's not open world, doesn't make it any less worthwhile.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #30269 on: November 03, 2017, 02:19:22 PM »
It's not about open world (which in most cases is actually a turn-off for me), or any other inherent quality of W2, since I agree that it's a good game. BUT, if all you want to do is to get caught up on the story, there's no point to waste precious W3 time with it. :yeshrug

Besides, I've read the exact same confused comments about W2's story as well, so he'd just be trading one set of questions for another.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #30270 on: November 03, 2017, 03:33:27 PM »
No Xbox and don't really feel like playing through a 40 hour ok game to get to a better game. I guess I'll have to look for a synopsis or something.
que

« Reply #30271 on: November 03, 2017, 04:21:37 PM »
I thought W3 did a good enough job of introducing characters to newbies without the need for any overt flashbacking. Never played W1 or 2, but I got by just fine without looking anything up.

Edit: Not entirely true, I looked up the one section at the start where you pick options while being shaved to simulate a Witcher 2 save just so I'd know what said choices did.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 04:37:35 PM by The Legend of Sunblade »

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #30272 on: November 03, 2017, 09:14:33 PM »
Bit the bullet and bought Persona 5. It's entertaining so far. It was pretty goddamn woeful before Sakamoto showed up tho.
reckt

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #30273 on: November 03, 2017, 10:22:24 PM »
i'm happy that no one here went out and bought that dumb-ass bubsy game. leave that trash in the past plz.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #30274 on: November 03, 2017, 10:38:17 PM »
At the final dungeon in Sen no Kiseki/Cold Steel III at 115 hours in. Not sure how I feel about the game's episodic slice of life nature for 110 hours and then 3 hour info dump -> 30 mins of story -> final dungeon progression. Reminds me kind of CS1's ending in that respect but it's better because at least it's a full final dungeon with boss rush.

Not counting the story stuff that's happening now at the end, the other 110 hour game pretty much feels like a modern day HD successor to Trails in the Sky FC. It's the most slice of life, talky rpg ever that's more about short NPC stories or main cast/support cast stories than a plot. At this point I'm glad there's a Sen/CS 4 because if this was the end of all the build up for the last 10 years of game in just a few quick hours and final dungeon boss rush, it'd be a disappointing end to Erebonia's arc. That being said, who knows what's gonna happen in this final dungeon w/cutscenes so I'll know tomorrow how I feel about the plot overall.

Not counting this end story stuff, it's a good 100 hour+ 8/10 game. Whether you want to play an 8/10 game for 100+ hours wellll that's a different question, but if you're in, you're in and this moves things along so that Sen/CS 4 will finish it in a couple years.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #30275 on: November 03, 2017, 10:51:35 PM »
red ash :(
pcp

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #30276 on: November 04, 2017, 03:21:01 AM »
Currently trying to play & finish Drakengard 3 on ps3.

great music.... but boy oh boy the fps tanks when Mikhail is on-screen..

Bebpo

« Reply #30277 on: November 04, 2017, 04:32:01 AM »
Ok, finished Sen no Kiseki/Cold Steel III. Wasn't big on the last chapter but the ending was solid and exciting and gets you hyped for Sen 4 like the end of Sen 1 did for Sen 2. Looking back Sen 3's mostly just setup for the next game spread behind a lot of nice character moments and a tiny tiny bit of plot movement. Hopefully Sen 4 doesn't take too long to get going. I have a feeling it's going to be like a half game of episodic town adventures like always and then after 60 hours, the story should be cool.

Thirty-Ought-Six

« Reply #30278 on: November 04, 2017, 04:44:35 AM »
Next on the list: Deadly Premonition, Day of the Tentacle, and possibly Riddick EFBB which I've had on Gog forever without playing it. Still worth it?

I've been playing Invisible Inc, which is very fun but not the kind of thing that will suck me in for dozens of hours like FTL did. Highly recommended on sale though because it is top tier for the first campaign you play. Clever XCom/Shadowrun type gameplay with the focus on stealth. It's amazing when you spend a level sneaking around only for hell to break loose anyway and leave you desperately sprinting, setting off every alarm, in the hope of pulling the mission out of the fire.

benjipwns

« Reply #30279 on: November 04, 2017, 07:06:41 AM »
possibly Riddick EFBB which I've had on Gog forever without playing it. Still worth it?
Yeah, and that's actually Dark Athena which is the 360 "remaster" plus added content. It's actually off the service now and not available anywhere for digital purchase but if you bought it you keep it obviously.

Speaking of stealth, the game promotes that as most of the weapons are all improvised melee stuff you find like shivs or you have to use your hands to take out guys.

Regarding the rights since I mentioned them, I don't know if the "Atari" shell corporation still has them or if they got dumped in the latest bankruptcy, which could mean Vin Diesel has them and someone could just tweet at him or whatever regarding the importance of his gaming family and he could pop it back up there.

edit: ha, he just posted this yesterday:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbDMn_inY9C/

paprikastaude

« Reply #30280 on: November 04, 2017, 07:25:58 AM »
Finally got to play Super Ghouls'N'Ghosts after all these years.  :larry For once, the difficutly certainly lived up to all the talk ever since. Though I'm not too fond of the coin-eater philosophy this is still built upon. I think something like Shinobi 3 did a way better job of adjusting to be a fun console game. And it's not like SGnG is that frustrating, it's just tedious to replay a stage after 2 hits.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 09:17:37 AM by Spieler1 »

benjipwns

« Reply #30281 on: November 04, 2017, 07:28:02 AM »
You did play through it twice right?

paprikastaude

« Reply #30282 on: November 04, 2017, 08:56:10 AM »
I can't even get past level 4 or something. Also, why would you design a game where only one weapon is good and every other one is a punishment?

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #30283 on: November 04, 2017, 09:10:48 AM »
Instead of whining you could just take a key for coming in.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #30284 on: November 04, 2017, 09:10:58 AM »
Received from Gamefly: Knack 2, baby

Yup, it's more Knack
fat

ThePhantomBlot

« Reply #30285 on: November 04, 2017, 09:14:16 AM »
Received from Gamefly: Knack 2, baby

Yup, it's more Knack
In a perfect world, this would be a quote on the box.
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #30286 on: November 04, 2017, 03:24:37 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #30287 on: November 04, 2017, 08:33:33 PM »
possibly Riddick EFBB which I've had on Gog forever without playing it. Still worth it?
Yeah, and that's actually Dark Athena which is the 360 "remaster" plus added content. It's actually off the service now and not available anywhere for digital purchase but if you bought it you keep it obviously.

Speaking of stealth, the game promotes that as most of the weapons are all improvised melee stuff you find like shivs or you have to use your hands to take out guys.

Regarding the rights since I mentioned them, I don't know if the "Atari" shell corporation still has them or if they got dumped in the latest bankruptcy, which could mean Vin Diesel has them and someone could just tweet at him or whatever regarding the importance of his gaming family and he could pop it back up there.

edit: ha, he just posted this yesterday:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbDMn_inY9C/

he posts that stuff every week...he never misses a #furyanfriday

bless up

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #30288 on: November 05, 2017, 12:44:14 AM »
wow, Castlevania adventure rebirth is a really good game. like, way better than it has a right to be. only got to level 3,but it's got great level design that, alternate pathways, and controls that are a little more forgiving than the other games. you can switch to "normal" cv controls if you want to, which is a nice little bonus for the hardcore. I'm kicking myself for skipping this for so long, but god damn it feels good to play a real Castlevania game in 2017.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #30289 on: November 05, 2017, 12:52:00 AM »
After the 125 hours with Sen 3, taking a break from rpgs because you can play like 10 great games in the time of something like that. Back to playing Mario Odyssey & Hot Shots Golf and will get back to and through City Shrouded in Darkness soon. Might start some new stuff after that. Gonna wait to get back to DQXI (was around 1/3rd through when Sen 3 came out and I put it on pause) until after XB2 since it's out in a month.

wow, Castlevania adventure rebirth is a really good game. like, way better than it has a right to be. only got to level 3,but it's got great level design that, alternate pathways, and controls that are a little more forgiving than the other games. you can switch to "normal" cv controls if you want to, which is a nice little bonus for the hardcore. I'm kicking myself for skipping this for so long, but god damn it feels good to play a real Castlevania game in 2017.

Did they port it to Switch? Or are you playing it on Wii?

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #30290 on: November 05, 2017, 12:54:35 AM »
playing it on dolphin. none of the rebirth games got ports, and they prolly never will :(
pcp

« Reply #30291 on: November 05, 2017, 10:38:06 AM »
Yeah, the Rebirth games are the secret best Konami games made within the past 2 generations. The biggest crime will be that no one will be able to buy them legitimately once the Wii's shop channel goes offline in 2019.

paprikastaude

« Reply #30292 on: November 05, 2017, 11:14:09 AM »
And they were barely marketed even when they came out. Seems like there's zero interest to ever recognize these games' existence again, for whatever reason. /tears_in_rain.gif

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #30293 on: November 05, 2017, 11:36:53 AM »
There was never any marketing of any Wiiware game.  A lot of people didn't even know about the virtual console.  The obtuse and unwieldy interface of the Nintendo store didn't help, either.  Basically no one knew about these games except for nerds like us.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #30294 on: November 05, 2017, 02:19:10 PM »
i ignored it because i didn't have much money for it back then, and lol at buying digital products with no account system anyway. but when i go back and read about it, i'm amazed at how much good stuff was on there. lots of classic and rare old games were rereleased on it, including stuff that got passed over the first time around. and then there's all the original games on there too. lots of good stuff that'll continue to be mostly forgotten, bc no one will bother with it except for the rare random nerd that's really trying to get the most out of their dolphin emulator.
pcp

Corporal

« Reply #30295 on: November 05, 2017, 02:19:24 PM »
Wiiware had many awesome gems. The shop was so slow to use, and cleaning the fridge was so tedious. Nintendo really made some boneheaded mistakes with the Wii. Well, they're Nintendo, so it's not unexpected, but still.

I'm really feeling the itch for My Life As A King right now.

Kinda hope they'll somehow release a best of, or even better, make those games accessible in a Virtual Console of sorts down the line.

Just got my ass whupped in Mario Kart 8DX by my nephew. Hot damn, do I suck or what. :-\
!list

Corporal

« Reply #30296 on: November 05, 2017, 02:20:04 PM »
Fuck you forum, you claimed the message had no body or something.

Oh well.

Got a bit further in Snake Pass as well. Still suck at controlling the snek.
!list

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #30297 on: November 05, 2017, 02:36:45 PM »
Snake Pass is like Dark Souls in that you gotta take the gameplay slow and easy. Once you get more comfortable with it you can take more risks.

Corporal

« Reply #30298 on: November 05, 2017, 03:15:31 PM »
So... Would you say it's the Dark Souls of Snake simulation games? :smug

I think my main problem is that retries take comparatively long due to the checkpoint system. I wish I could enter a "training mode" where I could tell the hummingbird to sit at my position and act as a custom respawn point. No unlocks, obviously, only to come to grips with bamboo pole traversal and test out approaches to collectibles.

That collectible right below the very first bridge you cross in the first level is just plain fucking evil. Who does that, put a death trap right next to the newbie starting area.  :lol
!list

« Reply #30299 on: November 05, 2017, 07:52:20 PM »
Finished VA-11 Hall-A. I wish the game lasted way longer cuz I was really into the setting and all the characters were great. That and the music was  :heartbeat :heartbeat. I'm game for whatever weird romp Sukeban games cooks up next.