Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3558928 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #31680 on: August 11, 2018, 10:52:01 AM »
Insurgency Sandstorm pre-order beta

Awesome work by my bro and his team. Fuck the steam forum dickheads that threaten to kill him if he doesn't fix the performance.
:bolo
🤴

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31681 on: August 11, 2018, 11:16:19 AM »
So I settled to move away from 16 bit for a bit and started Wizardry 8 I've never played this installment. I wonder if I should play 7 first so I can import those characters. But I do have a huge backlog and I already know Wizardry will likely take me 50-60 hours by the time I'm done Dragon Quest XI will likely be out, no way I can get through 7 AND 8 in that time.
You can play 6, 7 and 8 in the 8 engine. :ryker
https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/16657

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #31682 on: August 11, 2018, 11:23:44 AM »
agreed

Bebpo

« Reply #31683 on: August 11, 2018, 01:26:50 PM »
Failed an elusive in Hitman with The Surgeons (stupid syringe glitchyness and getting crime noticed).

Feels bad man  :goty2

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #31684 on: August 11, 2018, 01:40:31 PM »
More like Shit, man... :(

Bebpo

« Reply #31685 on: August 11, 2018, 02:01:12 PM »
I mostly just forgot that in Elusive's once you kill a target you can't restart. I usually play Elusives half-serious figuring any time I fuck up I can just restart so I feel out the level and targets first and then go for the real run. If I realized I couldn't restart I would've taken out the person who saw me and changed outfits to keep going but I just booked it figuring I'd restart and then whoops entire map is shooting me and I'm locked in -_-

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #31686 on: August 12, 2018, 01:14:18 AM »
So I settled to move away from 16 bit for a bit and started Wizardry 8 I've never played this installment. I wonder if I should play 7 first so I can import those characters. But I do have a huge backlog and I already know Wizardry will likely take me 50-60 hours by the time I'm done Dragon Quest XI will likely be out, no way I can get through 7 AND 8 in that time.
You can play 6, 7 and 8 in the 8 engine. :ryker
https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/16657
Unless I'm mistaken, that's talking about Might and Magic. Not wizardry. Or am I missing something?
que

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31687 on: August 12, 2018, 06:04:01 AM »
...No. No, you are not.

Gonna go blow my brains out real quick.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31688 on: August 12, 2018, 06:05:09 AM »
Mega Man 2 on the NES classic.

This might be my favorite Mega Man. Everything is just so smooth  :lawd
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #31689 on: August 12, 2018, 12:50:19 PM »
Played through the campaign of SW Battlefront 2.  Short but fun i thought.  What pisses me off though, why the fuck is this game taking up 90GB?!?   :maf. May have to bite the bullet sooner than i think about getting a larger hdd for my PS4...

Playing Alien Isolation here and there too.  Pretty atmospheric and well done, but not sure if I'll be able to go through it... it's not the scariness, but just feels a bit tedious.  Only got to the part where you get the range finder... Would rather be mowing down Aliens with a pulse rifle than hiding in closets like a bitch. 

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #31690 on: August 12, 2018, 02:18:25 PM »
oh god dead cells is amazing

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31691 on: August 12, 2018, 03:18:00 PM »
Moar Nier,

I like how playing from another perspective gets me much more inside in the story but I still have a ton of questions.
This game is just soooo good  :mouf
🤴

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #31692 on: August 12, 2018, 03:57:09 PM »
I started playing Besiege again after watching Giant Bomb East play. Holy crap, I forgot how good this game is.

I'm still figuring out the mechanics of flight, though I did well enough to pass the first flight level:
"large photo warning"

[close]

I also felt super cool creating a retractable wall of death, complete with vacuum on top to suck in the birds:
"large photo warning"

[close]

Making a working forklift was probably the coolest though:
"large photo warning"

[close]

Freyj

« Reply #31693 on: August 12, 2018, 04:12:56 PM »
Really really not a fan of how Nioh handles DLC.

My understanding is that the Way of the Samurai difficulty for DLC was tuned to the average player's level / gear at the time the DLC released. Meaning that the game kinda sorta expects you to grind out Way of the Strong / Demon gear before attempting it. The DLC also seems to favor swarms of enemies, my favorite souls "difficulty" maneuver.

I'm also in a weird place where I unlocked Way of the Demon to unlock lvl 200 gear, but wait it doesn't actually unlock 200 until you unlock the Omi region on WotD. Keep in mind none of this is ever explained. Seeing as WotD trash one shots me, I can't (easily) do the dashing through side missions to unlock new regions strategy I used for Way of the Strong. I guess I'll just git gud (read: die a lot) with DLC dodging.

After 50-60 odd hours I also don't think the Diablo loot system is a benefit to the game.

Great game, interesting mixing up of the Souls formula but some really odd choices and the post-game is souring my experience.

paprikastaude

« Reply #31694 on: August 12, 2018, 04:19:26 PM »
I hope Nioh 2 just goes more into Ninja Gaiden territory.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #31695 on: August 12, 2018, 08:02:29 PM »
Bayonetta on Switch

I'm complete trash but still trucking on Normal :fbm

All that sexual innuendo  :doge

Dat Peach Costume  :whew

Those platforming sections that result in instant death (qte and non qte versions)  :iface

« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 10:54:25 PM by Purple Filth »

agrajag

« Reply #31696 on: August 12, 2018, 09:40:01 PM »
Welp, just got the "real" ending in Hollow Knight. Radiance wasn't that hard, tbh, I had a lot more trouble with Grimm and some of the lesser bosses 104%. All that's left is the Nightmare King and I'm not sure what else until the next DLC.

Freyj

« Reply #31697 on: August 13, 2018, 01:31:56 AM »
Nioh done. Could probably put 10-15 hours more in and 100% the achievements, but no thanks.

Excited to see what they do with 2, but holy hell I hope they cut some of the bullshit. Mechanics like Quick-Change spawning you in the air at 20% health with zero iframes is just garbage and the game is littered with little things like that. Clean it up and it's up there with the best of Souls.

Hope they put more time into making the boss fights feel meaningful and varied in 2. Far too much samey shit. I was so tired of fighting human / human's yokai form / human's Guardian form by the end of the DLC. Ironically the fight with Tachi / Honda Borys posted earlier in this thread is one of the better fights in the game and it's really just a side mission arena thing.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31698 on: August 13, 2018, 07:58:19 AM »
What

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #31699 on: August 13, 2018, 08:03:59 AM »
Nioh done. Could probably put 10-15 hours more in and 100% the achievements, but no thanks.

Excited to see what they do with 2, but holy hell I hope they cut some of the bullshit. Mechanics like Quick-Change spawning you in the air at 20% health with zero iframes is just garbage and the game is littered with little things like that. Clean it up and it's up there with the best of Souls.

Hope they put more time into making the boss fights feel meaningful and varied in 2. Far too much samey shit. I was so tired of fighting human / human's yokai form / human's Guardian form by the end of the DLC. Ironically the fight with Tachi / Honda Borys posted earlier in this thread is one of the better fights in the game and it's really just a side mission arena thing.

Freyj... could you remind me what that was? Some skill? I don't recall it at all :(

No Man's Sky

Still think this is one of the best and most important games of this decade (2010 - 2020).

However how the fuck do you make money in this game? I have only 2 valid options now:

- land on every planet and scan the SHIT out of Flora/ Fauna --> 1 scan gives me 20k usually there are at least 20 objects to be scanned within the first 5 minutes so that gives 400k minus landing fuel. I can probably put it even higher with 3 more scanner attachments (to like 40k per scan) but I lose multi-tool versatility.
- shoot platinum rocks in space --> this takes more time but is kind of a nice break in between. 500k in 25 minutes if the asteroid belt is full of those rocks.

And it is funny because my current kick-ass ship (Hauler with 30 slots) and Multi-Tool with 20 slots were not bought but simply found. The ship is Artemis' ship and the Multi-Tool was just given to me on a random Space Station (???). I will never gather something like 70M for some of those ships I am seeing (WTF? how expensive can they get?).

Also the Atlas Main Quest disappeared from my Quest Log once I pushed Artemis/ Apollo one further on. Is this a bug or a Either/ Or scenario?

it's a bug. the game is still very broken in terms of questlines - the polo quest just started giving placeholder "UI_MISSION_12" messages after a while, which has mercifully been fixed for me, but now black holes are completely broken. i've enjoyed the game so far but i've been wanting to make some headway on the story quests, and having technical hangups impede progress is really frustrating. i'm pretty close to the center so i think i'm gonna buckle down and get there the hard way, then put it on ice for a while and check it out again in a month or two.

Freyj

« Reply #31700 on: August 13, 2018, 09:34:18 AM »
Quick change is a “second chance” type of Ninjutsu that respawns you with 20% health when you die. You may not have used it. No iframes means you spawn back into a boss combo you have no chance of dodging. Half the time you’re just juggled into death again.

Freyj

« Reply #31701 on: August 13, 2018, 11:05:24 AM »
Maybe I'll grind out The Radiance once the new DLC is out.

That Coliseum though...

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #31702 on: August 13, 2018, 11:44:51 AM »
TORCHLIGHT is on the verge of overstaying its welcome. I'm only playing on Normal, so maybe I'm missing something, but I always felt on the verge of my seat in Diablo 1 and 2. I've got only one more boss to go and then I've cleared the story.

…hold the phone. Just as I wrote this, I'm on the hell level, and suddenly everything is able to hit me after I've been walking through every other level. May need to re-evaluate the difficulty.

agrajag

« Reply #31703 on: August 13, 2018, 11:46:39 AM »
Yeah Wrath, I just fell in love with the world of HK, the atmosphere, the lore, the attention to details. Apparently there is a type of bug called Menderbug that repairs all the signposts that you break, but it is very rare and he hasn't spawned for me yet. After my post last night I got the Hunter achievement, and I almost got the flower quest. So today I think I'll finish the flower quest and do the second ending just to see it and see what my completion percentage is at.

Freyj, for the Colosseum's third challenge what helped me a lot was the shaman stone to quickly wipe out the flying enemies that spit projectiles. Some people swear by the dreamshield, but I never use that charm at all. The toughest part is the end where you are jumping off walls and you have to fight off a shitload of battle obbles that shoot projectiles everywhere. That's where the vengeful spririt spell with the shaman stone equipped becomes essential.

Freyj

« Reply #31704 on: August 13, 2018, 12:32:15 PM »
Pogoing on Switch is hell  :-\

agrajag

« Reply #31705 on: August 13, 2018, 12:40:11 PM »
I got pretty good at pogoing but didn't really use it in the colloseum. Pogoing doesn't seem very effective when there are projectiles coming from every direction. Sharp shadow is really good, but like i said in the third challenge I'd much rather have the shaman stone.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #31706 on: August 13, 2018, 12:45:44 PM »

Great pick!

Wiz8 is about 50 hours long, hard fights in the late game mind you.

If you can play Wiz7 first - doeeeeeet.gif, it is a bit better. On the other hand because it is so good you can play it after Wiz8 as well :) They are both fantastic RPGs! Can't go wrong with any of them. Wiz7 is much harder than Wiz8, though.

Surprise, surprise!!! There is also Wiz9 on the market... you didn't know, huh? It's called Wizards & Warriors however. GREAT GAME and a 100% spiritual Wizardry game! Recommended!
Yeah, I'm "too" far in Wiz 8 to start 7. I'm about to leave the monastery, yeah it's only the first few hours, but I've got enough momentum to not want to stop now.

The last one I played was the Wizardry Renaisance on the PS3 which was fine enough (but that felt a step backwards from the PS2 Wizardry Tale of the Forsaken Land).
I didn't know about Wizards and Warriors. Imma go look that up right now.
Is it like Wiz 8/Tales of the Forsaken land or more like the Wizardry Renaissance? I'm assuming you're not talking about the NES series right?
que

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #31707 on: August 13, 2018, 04:03:37 PM »
Spent all weekend at a local retro expo but tbh I didn't play too much, was mostly busy with volunteering and seeing panels. Played some Zenki FX there, which is easily the best PC-FX game with some amazing 2D spritework. And also a bit of Jaguar CD, which was a first for me. Vid Grid, some weird slider puzzle game but with 90s alt rock/metal music videos instead of still pictures, and Battlemorph the sequel to Cybermorph, featuring super touchy controls, terrible popup, and poor hit detection. What a terrible console.

Sega CD > Marty > 3DO > PC-FX > 32x > Jaguar > LaserActive > CDi > Jaguar CD
^_^

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #31708 on: August 13, 2018, 04:08:55 PM »

Great pick!

Wiz8 is about 50 hours long, hard fights in the late game mind you.

If you can play Wiz7 first - doeeeeeet.gif, it is a bit better. On the other hand because it is so good you can play it after Wiz8 as well :) They are both fantastic RPGs! Can't go wrong with any of them. Wiz7 is much harder than Wiz8, though.

Surprise, surprise!!! There is also Wiz9 on the market... you didn't know, huh? It's called Wizards & Warriors however. GREAT GAME and a 100% spiritual Wizardry game! Recommended!
Yeah, I'm "too" far in Wiz 8 to start 7. I'm about to leave the monastery, yeah it's only the first few hours, but I've got enough momentum to not want to stop now.

The last one I played was the Wizardry Renaisance on the PS3 which was fine enough (but that felt a step backwards from the PS2 Wizardry Tale of the Forsaken Land).
I didn't know about Wizards and Warriors. Imma go look that up right now.
Is it like Wiz 8/Tales of the Forsaken land or more like the Wizardry Renaissance? I'm assuming you're not talking about the NES series right?

Wiz&War is literally Wizardry 9. It's made by the same dude who left SirTech IIRC and who created Wizardry 5, 6, 7. Dawid Bradley. I am obviously not talking about the NES game Wiz&War :rofl

I also like the JWiz series (the PS3 game was dope as hell) but it's more of a strict dungeon crawler with zero story and some uber RNG encounters from hell.
Wish the dude had named it something a little more distinct. Makes finding info about it a huge pain.
que

Beezy

« Reply #31709 on: August 13, 2018, 09:52:01 PM »
Hyrule Warriors for the Switch is my first Musou game (not counting Attack on Titan) and I'm loving every minute of it. I'm sure me being a lifelong Zelda fan helps a bit too.

kingv

« Reply #31710 on: August 13, 2018, 11:52:45 PM »
I played through it and liked it well enough... but actually started Fire emblem warriors today and imo it’s a much better game even though the story is shit even by fire emblem standards.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #31711 on: August 14, 2018, 01:20:00 AM »
Hyrule Warriors for the Switch is my first Musou game (not counting Attack on Titan) and I'm loving every minute of it. I'm sure me being a lifelong Zelda fan helps a bit too.

Play Dragon Quest Heroes its good too (think its JP only for Switch). Fire Emblem Warriors is dogshit.
fat

Fifstar

« Reply #31712 on: August 14, 2018, 04:05:06 AM »
Beat the Mantis Lords in HK 27 hours in the game. Didn't find them before. With my upgrades the fight wasn't that hard. Must be tough if that's the third boss you fight. Interesting charm at least. Otherwise I think I am 75 % done with the main content. 2 dreamers are down, probably finish the third tonight.

Overall a fantastic game, might prefer it to Botw as far as switch games go. I thought the first 10 hours were good, but after it opens up it's on another level.

Also, at least the main game has a false reputation for being overly hard or punishing. Loosing geo isn't any problem after the opening hours. And save for one boss fight I never thought the way from the save point to the boss fight was long or annoying. Only thing that kinda sucks is spike bouncing, but I think that partly due to the joycons. Neither the sticks nor the the dpad are good for quick downward presses.
Gulp

studyguy

« Reply #31713 on: August 14, 2018, 01:23:33 PM »
Smashing my giant stone dick on helpless monsters in MHW.
It's pretty good, connection issues are fucking ass though.  :maf
pause

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31714 on: August 14, 2018, 02:08:08 PM »
Did Nier just tell me

spoiler (click to show/hide)
There is only one solution to the conflict for 9S, which is to jump to his death?
[close]
🤴

Fifstar

« Reply #31715 on: August 14, 2018, 05:28:42 PM »
OK, watcher knights are tough. Just died maybe 20 times and called it a day.
Gulp

kingv

« Reply #31716 on: August 14, 2018, 10:40:52 PM »
I have put it aside for those too.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #31717 on: August 14, 2018, 11:31:58 PM »
More WoW sorry, but damn Blizzard has really done well so far with working little cutscenes into the story and the questlines and have really made the game feel like a single player RPG with their storytelling for these beginning parts of the expansion

It almost has me wanting to make an alliance alt to see what their storyline is like

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31718 on: August 15, 2018, 07:01:30 AM »
Been going back to old GTA games again. Didn't think I would after finishing San Andreas, but here we are. I went back to GTA3 first and once I had adjusted to its age (draw distance is so fucking low) I got further than I ever had before. For once I played enough to unlock faux Manhattan, did some missions for the Yakuza - ...and lost interest again. Something about this game just doesn't grab me.
On to Vice City! This one I will actually finish. I don't know if it's just the theme or what, but I'm having much more fun with it. I'm now at the asset buying stage, which is a bit annoying until I found the helicopter on the villa. That also hammered home just how small VC actually is. The shorter travel distances resulting from this might actually be why I'm enjoying myself more. The inevitable mission retries are a lot less painful that way.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 08:23:30 AM by Rufus »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31719 on: August 15, 2018, 07:43:28 AM »
Yeah, GTA3 was a big leap for Rockstar. But the game's just kind of soulless.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31720 on: August 15, 2018, 07:45:56 AM »
Yeah, GTA3 was a big leap for Rockstar. But the game's just kind of soulless.

no way
What

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31721 on: August 15, 2018, 07:46:54 AM »
 :hmph

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #31722 on: August 15, 2018, 08:07:31 AM »
III took a lot of effort just to get working decent enough, it's got a lot of engine issues, then VC was polished which let them get ambitious with SA. You can see a similar under the hood transition with IV -> DLCs -> V.

A lot of III's weird vehicle/mission limitations are to hide that the engine can't stream effectively like it should and doesn't have enough LODs. IV does some similar stuff with mission design requiring you to do stuff in certain specific orders.

IIRC, you can land on every building in VC. You can't in III because many buildings don't have actual roofs modeled.

III also has the infamous bug that made a lot of their map design with hills and buildings to occlude areas ultimately irrelevant, because it draws stuff within a distance even if it's impossible to see.

The one benefit to III's messiness is that on the Xbox version and now that PC's have no issue with it, there's no LOD fade-in/pop like even games from the next gen have noticeable. SA has some places where it's pretty noticeable during certain times of day. Instead you get those nice thirty second load times when you drive over a bridge on PS2. (Or if you're using a PC circa 1999 or 2000 or so.)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31723 on: August 15, 2018, 08:29:06 AM »
The load times on PC are instantaneous. You barely have enough time to register what loading screen picture you're even looking at.

There's a XBox to PC mod for 3 that is pretty neat.
https://gtaforums.com/topic/399016-iii-xbox-version-hd/
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 08:38:25 AM by Rufus »

benjipwns

« Reply #31724 on: August 15, 2018, 08:47:59 AM »
neat, The Power of The Xbox™ was able to give everyone hands instead of claws

benjipwns

« Reply #31725 on: August 15, 2018, 08:51:54 AM »
wow, people are importing the original GTA maps/models into the SA engine: https://gtaforums.com/topic/829914-grand-theft-auto-renderware-edition/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-1070172241

benjipwns

« Reply #31726 on: August 15, 2018, 08:57:26 AM »
https://gtaforums.com/topic/904506-city-of-chicago/
This mod ports the Driver 2 Chicago map to GTA San Andreas
:dead

sometimes i miss wasting time making goofy or clever mods for games

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31727 on: August 15, 2018, 04:20:24 PM »
Fucking racing missions... :stahp

Shuri

« Reply #31728 on: August 15, 2018, 09:37:36 PM »
Mega Man 2 on the NES classic.

This might be my favorite Mega Man. Everything is just so smooth  :lawd
I played it to death back in the days, it was one of the first games I bought with my own money. Compared to other titles available at the time, it felt so colorful, the big sprites for enemies were really amazing at the time.. and DAT SOUNDTRACK. So catchy.

It was so great, It kinda ruined the rest of the franchise for me, the other franchise releases just felt 'off'. It's hard to explain. They never had the same impact on me and I always felt that the new robots had this bootleg feel to them. They simply weren't as iconic.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #31729 on: August 16, 2018, 02:21:32 AM »
Been going back to old GTA games again. Didn't think I would after finishing San Andreas, but here we are. I went back to GTA3 first and once I had adjusted to its age (draw distance is so fucking low) I got further than I ever had before. For once I played enough to unlock faux Manhattan, did some missions for the Yakuza - ...and lost interest again. Something about this game just doesn't grab me.
On to Vice City! This one I will actually finish. I don't know if it's just the theme or what, but I'm having much more fun with it. I'm now at the asset buying stage, which is a bit annoying until I found the helicopter on the villa. That also hammered home just how small VC actually is. The shorter travel distances resulting from this might actually be why I'm enjoying myself more. The inevitable mission retries are a lot less painful that way.

Rufus, are you playing VC or Vice City Stories? I thought property management was only in VCS.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31730 on: August 16, 2018, 06:47:32 AM »
It's in Vice City, too.

The last one I bought (should have been the first) was the Malibu, which unlocks the heist (for some reason). The Printworks gates a story missions, too, as I've found out. Your old Mafia pals shake it down, then move onto your other assets.

I should have looked up which to buy, because now I own everything (?) despite only needing two or three to progress... Oh well.

Svejk

« Reply #31731 on: August 16, 2018, 09:22:02 AM »
Downloaded DA: Inquisition again for the 3rd time...  Third times a charm?  :doge  Gonna give it one more try before I write it off for good.   I want to play through it so bad, but something always steered me off.   :yeshrug

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31732 on: August 16, 2018, 09:59:45 AM »
The mantra around launch was to "get out of the Hinterlands."

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #31733 on: August 16, 2018, 10:11:16 AM »
The Hinterlands is where the game Ubisofts you with sidequests and collectibles.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31734 on: August 16, 2018, 10:15:17 AM »
Downloaded DA: Inquisition again for the 3rd time...  Third times a charm?  :doge  Gonna give it one more try before I write it off for good.   I want to play through it so bad, but something always steered me off.   :yeshrug

Just play Witcher 3 instead.
dog

kingv

« Reply #31735 on: August 16, 2018, 10:21:24 AM »
The whole game is frankly not that good. Either 3 shits on it from amazing heights. As do a whole lot of other games.

Svejk

« Reply #31736 on: August 16, 2018, 10:45:14 AM »

Just play Witcher 3 instead.
You know, it crossed my mind to start NG+, but the way Blood & Wine ended after putting about 150+ hours into the game, was one of the greatest send-offs in my gaming memory.. 

I guess I'm trying to tie up some back log I never finished.  Of course playing W3 before playing DA:I initially may be the reason I'm had difficulty playing through it. lol

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31737 on: August 16, 2018, 12:24:40 PM »
Aaand finished Vice City. Didn't realise I was so close to the end. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Theme counts for a lot, as it turns out, even for a bouquet of gangster movie clishees.

Worst mission(s): "The Driver", which I complained about yesterday. Two dozen tries or so that took. /shakefist
spoiler (click to show/hide)
And then this fuck I arduously recruited dies during the heist! But OK; we raced so that I can drive the getaway car. Fair enough, Rockstar. But then the Pay'n'Spray is like 200m down the road from the bank!? And we're in a TAXI, wich looks IDENTICAL when it's resprayed!? :pacspit
[close]

The last mission was also trying, but only because of the endlessly respawning mooks. >:(
Thankfully I could switch to KBM. If I were stuck with a controller during this (or any of the shooting in this game, honestly), I would have broken at least one. I cannot imagine doing this with analogue sticks.

benjipwns

« Reply #31738 on: August 16, 2018, 12:32:45 PM »
the one i always remember as annoying is pretty early where you are flying the remote control helicopter in the construction site

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31739 on: August 16, 2018, 12:45:16 PM »
Many moons ago that one made me quit an attempt at Vice City. This time I did it first try. :whatsthedeal

Actually, doing similar missions in San Andreas probably helped a lot. :thinking