Author Topic: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.  (Read 2046687 times)

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
Re: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.
« Reply #16560 on: April 26, 2019, 01:58:51 PM »
 :umad

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16561 on: April 27, 2019, 08:09:16 PM »

This is pretty good actually.
dog

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #16562 on: April 27, 2019, 09:42:11 PM »
The great british sewing bee.  just started series 3.

Series three is thrilling.  The pleating on Niels kilt was magnificent in episode 4. 

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #16563 on: April 27, 2019, 09:58:35 PM »
Trying to like Netflix' Cuckoo because I can't get enough Andy Samberg, but apparently I can. The cringe-humor is pretty epic, and I like all the actors individually, but somehow it's not equal to the sum of its parts.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #16564 on: April 27, 2019, 10:33:09 PM »
OMG filter

I like giant dadoo a lot - mostly because I like Greg Davies and have a bit of a crush on the daughter.   Also compared to a lot of britsh sitcoms - its very Americanized and slightly tone-neutral or flat which is what I felt worked the least.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 10:38:35 PM by Madrun Badrun »

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #16565 on: April 27, 2019, 11:49:32 PM »
I liked it but bailed once they replaced Samberg

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #16566 on: April 27, 2019, 11:51:06 PM »
Did you try series 2?  The new guy grew on me.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #16567 on: April 27, 2019, 11:53:13 PM »
Naw saw it was Taylor Latner and noped

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #16568 on: April 27, 2019, 11:55:02 PM »
He's pretty decent. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #16569 on: April 28, 2019, 12:14:06 AM »

this is a good example

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #16570 on: April 28, 2019, 04:21:49 PM »
chronovore is my dadoo
©@©™

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #16571 on: April 30, 2019, 11:54:59 AM »
Watching and enjoying The Blacklist, but eps 6 and 7 are already starting to look teh generik procedural and it's making me sad. Spader elevates the material, which I can't say for the lead actress opposite him. But admittedly they didn't have a lot to work with in 6 and 7.

Also, "reaches out" and "try reaching out" and "I reached out to my friends in the pentagon"… BLAH fucking, blah-blah. There were at least 4 instances of "reach out" in ep 7, maybe try "contacted" or "got in touch with" or "liaised" you lazy fucking writers?

Bebpo

« Reply #16572 on: May 01, 2019, 02:37:01 PM »
Anyone watch Into the Badlands? I’ve always wanted to check it out because it looks dumb kung fu fun, plus it has Nick Frost. I hear this third season is the last, so thinking about starting it.

jorma

« Reply #16573 on: May 01, 2019, 03:03:29 PM »
Anyone watch Into the Badlands? I’ve always wanted to check it out because it looks dumb kung fu fun, plus it has Nick Frost. I hear this third season is the last, so thinking about starting it.

That's what it is, plus it has Emily Beecham who really stole the show as far as i'm concerned. I really enjoyed the series over all, but i was kinda getting over it so the fact that it's ending is probably a good thing.

jorma

« Reply #16574 on: May 01, 2019, 03:09:53 PM »
Watching and enjoying The Blacklist, but eps 6 and 7 are already starting to look teh generik procedural and it's making me sad. Spader elevates the material, which I can't say for the lead actress opposite him. But admittedly they didn't have a lot to work with in 6 and 7.

Also, "reaches out" and "try reaching out" and "I reached out to my friends in the pentagon"… BLAH fucking, blah-blah. There were at least 4 instances of "reach out" in ep 7, maybe try "contacted" or "got in touch with" or "liaised" you lazy fucking writers?

heh, we got through the first season and a bit into the second before we just stopped watching it

everyone on that show should probably give James Spader a cut of their wages, because i'm fairly sure they'd be unemployed since 2014 if not for him :)

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #16575 on: May 01, 2019, 07:40:41 PM »
Show of the year coming through

https://deadline.com/2019/05/kanye-west-omniverse-anthology-series-jaden-smith-scooter-braun-showtime-1202605015/

Showtime has put in development Omniverse, a limited half-hour anthology series from Kanye West, Scooter Braun’s SB Projects, Westbrook Studios and writer Lee Sung Jin (Undone), with Jaden Smith attached to star and executive produce.

Written by Lee, Omniverse examines the many doors of perception. Season One explores the Ego through an alternate reality Kanye West. Smith stars as an Alternate Reality Kanye West.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #16576 on: May 02, 2019, 02:39:48 AM »

I quite liked last week's double ep where they finally revealed Reddington's secret

Has amazing fights and it's great

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #16577 on: May 02, 2019, 03:06:51 AM »
I watched one episode.
The fights were alright, but i really couldn't stand the Western/MadMax/Asian mix of the world.
The "Warrior" one, looks more up my alley.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #16578 on: May 02, 2019, 03:49:47 AM »
They're both good  :ohyeah

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #16579 on: May 02, 2019, 10:43:10 AM »
santa clarita diet got canned  :(

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #16580 on: May 02, 2019, 10:47:04 AM »

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
« Reply #16581 on: May 02, 2019, 10:58:16 AM »
Disney owns 60% of Hulu.
brb

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #16582 on: May 02, 2019, 10:58:57 AM »
Doesn't Disney own a majority of Hulu? Makes sense to spread your stuff around so you can double dip on sub fees.  :success
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #16583 on: May 02, 2019, 11:48:09 AM »
:rage

I don't understand netflix: their shows are on there and watchable all the time, so why wouldn't they pay for 1 more season to be able to conclude it.  Now they have half a series no one wants to watch because its half done and never going to finish. 

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #16584 on: May 03, 2019, 04:14:18 AM »

I quite liked last week's double ep where they finally revealed Reddington's secret.
There was a double-episode waiting for us in season one, that Anslo Garrick. Gotta say, I'm re-hooked for a few more episodes to be sure. I liked seeing Ritchie Coster playing such a gutter-level bad guy, easy to hate. His performance in HAPPY! as Mr. Blue was more nuanced, but who doesn't love a scarred bad guy who would rather operate from spite than logic?

Show of the year coming through

https://deadline.com/2019/05/kanye-west-omniverse-anthology-series-jaden-smith-scooter-braun-showtime-1202605015/

Showtime has put in development Omniverse, a limited half-hour anthology series from Kanye West, Scooter Braun’s SB Projects, Westbrook Studios and writer Lee Sung Jin (Undone), with Jaden Smith attached to star and executive produce.

Written by Lee, Omniverse examines the many doors of perception. Season One explores the Ego through an alternate reality Kanye West. Smith stars as an Alternate Reality Kanye West.

https://vimeo.com/39109976

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #16585 on: May 03, 2019, 04:28:30 AM »
The Blacklist actually gets better, it still stays sorta procedural but starts to kinda flesh out the guy of the week as part of something bigger that Reddington is doing or whatevs, they also do more episodes where shit happens and Reddington is all like oh, he's on the list btw...but then around halfway through season three or so it goes sorta nuts and gets so amazingly nonsense to where it then gets even more nuts and I'll be honest I wasn't hooked enough anymore to keep up with it going into the fourth season. Although apparently the fifth season was great and I may have to check back in. I guess this last week, coming down the pike of season six, they finally revealed who Reddington really is.

Reddington's random buddies and employees are all the best characters imo, like Mr. Kaplan.

I could have sworn that show got cancelled years ago :leon
The spin-off was cancelled.

The main show just got a seventh season tacked on, though the show has been relegated to Friday as on today. I've seen reports that the show is a streaming king, if not the best on its actual airing. I remember at one point in the early seasons it was reported that the show averaged like 2.5 episodes per session or something on streaming.

benjipwns

« Reply #16586 on: May 03, 2019, 04:29:01 AM »
Also Liz stops wearing that shitty wig finally. That wig is like a negative Riker's beard.

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #16587 on: May 03, 2019, 05:12:48 AM »
bored of mad men even faster than when i first tried watching, rewatching lucifer now that it's on netflix and s4 is coming soon

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #16588 on: May 03, 2019, 05:46:23 AM »
:rage

I don't understand netflix: their shows are on there and watchable all the time, so why wouldn't they pay for 1 more season to be able to conclude it.  Now they have half a series no one wants to watch because its half done and never going to finish.
I've no idea either, maybe it works best for them to constantly move money around for new projects, because that's what brings new subs in? They seem to be producing a million new things evey month, but never really finish anything, it's annoying.

Bebpo

« Reply #16589 on: May 03, 2019, 05:52:24 AM »
Started watching the Japanese bear show on Netflix. It’s cute but kinda boring. OCD chicken is the best.

Also started watching Sabrina. It’s entertaining but I was expecting something darker so hoping it goes that way and more horror. Also Satan looks pretty lame. Expected at least Silent Hill/SMT levels of creepy bahamut.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #16590 on: May 03, 2019, 11:57:25 AM »
It gets darker as it goes.

Bebpo

« Reply #16591 on: May 04, 2019, 03:35:46 AM »
Rilakkuma and Kaoru is growing on me.

Good show for depressed single adults in their 30s with 9 to 5 jobs.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #16592 on: May 04, 2019, 12:00:09 PM »
Watching Dead to Me and man, Linda Cardellini sort of looks like Dana Vespoli. I'll be in my bunk.
:9

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #16593 on: May 06, 2019, 11:56:18 AM »
Watched Kingdom, the zombie show in feudal Korea.
It's was pretty good, i'm surprised, too bad the last episode ends on a weak cliff hanger, otherwise pretty fun and briskly paced.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #16594 on: May 07, 2019, 12:45:35 AM »
This show is the shit.

Agreed.
I watched about half the season last week and started feeling it. I'm stoked that The Lonely Island are doing stuff where they're not directly appearing in it, too.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #16595 on: May 07, 2019, 02:08:56 AM »
I feel like I'm missing something here...
每天生气

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #16596 on: May 07, 2019, 06:53:09 AM »
I feel like I'm missing something here...

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #16597 on: May 08, 2019, 01:10:18 PM »
@benji-semapi

bluemax

« Reply #16598 on: May 09, 2019, 02:53:38 AM »

I watched the first two seasons. It's got some nice visuals for a tv show. The villains are hammy and the plot is nothing original, but there's not much else like it in the action department on western tv.
NO

benjipwns

« Reply #16599 on: May 09, 2019, 03:05:12 AM »
@benji-semapi

fuck man, that trailer compared to the original one for the show, it's so perfect with how the show actually did manage to figure out how to make it work, how important all the extra characters became

how they sell the detective taking it is still the key but i be ready for this :punch

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #16600 on: May 09, 2019, 04:18:37 AM »
Netflix is bringing Kimmy Schmidt back for an interactive special

It’s been four months since we said goodbye to the irrepressible, unflappable, and unrepentantly Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, with Kimmy, Titus, and the rest of their very weird family bidding fans a fairy tale farewell back in January. That, coincidentally, wasn’t long after Netflix made major headlines with the first of its new “interactive” projects, the Black Mirror special “Bandersnatch,” and now, those two apparently incompatible ideas are about to improbably collide.

Series creators Tina Fey and Robert Carlock announced today that they’ll soon be bringing Kimmy back one last time, in the form of a new interactive special on the streaming service. Fey issued a statement today noting that viewers will be able to “make choices on behalf of our characters, taking different story paths with, of course, different jokes.” She also referred to the special as a great way to “officially complete” the series, so if you didn’t like the way any of the characters’ arcs wrapped up, well, here’s your chance to set their ultimate fates in stone.

This isn’t the first the former 30 Rock writers have played around with their format like this, most notably with that series’ famous live episodes broadcast back in 2010 and 2012. The Kimmy special is currently untitled, meanwhile, and is set to debut on Netflix in 2020.
___

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #16601 on: May 10, 2019, 03:45:38 AM »

Tasty

« Reply #16602 on: May 10, 2019, 08:41:34 AM »
Looks cool. Still need to check out Leftovers.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #16603 on: May 11, 2019, 06:37:08 PM »
Anyone else seen Chernobyl yet?

It is really well made and tense as hell.
🤴

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #16604 on: May 11, 2019, 07:03:23 PM »
don't feel like crying about how wonderful the human spirit is even under terrible scenarios brought on by greed and incompetency rn

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #16605 on: May 12, 2019, 02:16:02 AM »
Been watching Fosse/Verdon and have been loving it. Michelle Williams is absolutely amazing in this. IMO she's probably the best actress of her generation and this might be her best performance yet.
___

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16606 on: May 14, 2019, 12:43:55 PM »
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #16607 on: May 16, 2019, 10:48:07 PM »

why does Kate Kane have to be done so awful and one note always

also lol if they keep that suit past the pilot

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #16608 on: May 17, 2019, 12:49:45 AM »
disgusting

Tasty

« Reply #16609 on: May 17, 2019, 12:55:24 AM »
Crisis 2019 :rejoice

Tasty

« Reply #16610 on: May 17, 2019, 12:55:38 AM »
Latest Flash was fucking awesome after a mostly snoozefest season.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #16611 on: May 17, 2019, 01:05:50 AM »
I kinda wish DC would just reboot all their stories (they can even keep actors where it works) and stick them all in the same universe. Put it on that weird DC universe thing if you have to

Tasty

« Reply #16612 on: May 17, 2019, 01:11:34 AM »
It's a nice idea, and they could make it work with the multiverse concept introduced in Flash s2, but I'm not chaffed they don't... That's a lot of overlapping production and actor schedules.

In addition, the movies are all over the place in different continuities, so to mandate certain actors for certain roles might not even work. How many live action Jokers will there have been next year?

benjipwns

« Reply #16613 on: May 17, 2019, 01:17:21 AM »
most people are hating on the whole Kate Kane stuff, lesbian/soldier/etc., which I have no problem with being a Detective Comics reader, and the show certainly can't mine the same stupid "BUT DAD...YOU HEARD ME SOLDIER" horseshit drama forever that every fucking writer can't seem to get away from leaving Kate trapped as a one note side character who can't even lead her own team let alone a book...but I digress...it just looks so awful and that acting good god

but i guess Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow and Gotham all looked pretty awful too and seemed to have worked out well enough (Gotham by becoming totally fucking camp nonsense that didn't care that it was nuts)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #16614 on: May 17, 2019, 12:50:41 PM »
Lucifer is great - why did no one here say anything? 

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #16615 on: May 17, 2019, 02:48:50 PM »
stop ignoring benji and i's superior taste in everything, bless up

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #16616 on: May 17, 2019, 04:19:36 PM »
I just wish someone old and respectable would have put in a good word for the show.

Bebpo

« Reply #16617 on: May 20, 2019, 02:27:27 AM »
Catching up on the last few eps of What We Do in the Shadows TV and ep7 directed by Taika Waititi has the best cameo I’ve ever seen. Even tops the

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Moonrise Kingdom main kids
[close]

In Patterson.

You should just watch the ep and not be spoiled but if you want spoilers

Wesley Snipes as Blade
[close]

I couldn’t stop laughing omg

*edit* Actually I gotta give Taiki shoutout for the movie nerd cred of the cast of cameos in that ep. full list for those of you not watching. (Why aren’t you watching??)

Vampire council in the show:
Tilda Swindon’s vampire character from Only Lovers Left Alive
Paul Reubens as his vampire character from the freaking Buffy movie
Danny Trejo as his vampire character from Dusk Till Dawn
Wesley Snipes as Blade
Evan Rachel Woods as her vampire queen character from True Blood
+ the original 3 vampires from the What We Do in the Shadows movie
[close]

It’s like one of those group cameo scenes you’d see in a cartoon except they actually got all these people together to play their characters. So amazing.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 03:21:38 AM by Bebpo »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #16618 on: May 20, 2019, 02:28:18 AM »

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #16619 on: May 20, 2019, 02:28:47 AM »
Might give Six Feet Under another shot...
每天生气