Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780419 times)

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20602395&postcount=1928

maurice :lol
Had to show love to Lexi too. Jaime is so cute she kind of dominates the thread; Lexi has to be a bit jealous.

Lets be real here, PD. You want Jaime but you'll have to settle for Lexi ;_;
:9

Himu

What time does everybody hate chris air in syndication?
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
I think it's because Stoney's so clean and articulate

politico reference dap.

It's understandable and both a positive and a negative thing. We all have a tendency to stereotype and use our preconceived perceptions and ideas when it comes to race. It is what it is.

I tend to think everybody is white online not because of any sterotypes per se but mainly just because its easier that way and slightly more realistic since we're only 12% of the population in the US although of course the internet is also an international thing.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
What time does everybody hate chris air in syndication?

Nick at Night seems to air it a lot, not sure when though... I just see it when flipping by
:9

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
This is kind of hard to watch without getting pissed off: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0

Wikileaks has obtained and decrypted this previously unreleased video footage from a US Apache helicopter in 2007. It shows Reuters journalist Namir Noor-Eldeen, driver Saeed Chmagh, and several others as the Apache shoots and kills them in a public square in Eastern Baghdad. They are apparently assumed to be insurgents. After the initial shooting, an unarmed group of adults and children in a minivan arrives on the scene and attempts to transport the wounded. They are fired upon as well. The official statement on this incident initially listed all adults as insurgents and claimed the US military did not know how the deaths ocurred.

Bad week for the armed forces, eh?

Fucking Disgusting.
Drunk

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I think it's because Stoney's so clean and articulate

politico reference dap.

It's understandable and both a positive and a negative thing. We all have a tendency to stereotype and use our preconceived perceptions and ideas when it comes to race. It is what it is.

I tend to think everybody is white online not because of any sterotypes per se but mainly just because its easier that way and slightly more realistic since we're only 12% of the population in the US although of course the internet is also an international thing.

Most black people are over at SOHH anyway.
fat

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
My world crumbled as I realized Stoney was black and Bjork was white.  :cookiem

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
My world crumbled as I realized Stoney was black and Bjork was white.  :cookiem
:lol

I used to think Bjork was black because of his avatar, even though I knew where it came from.  :lol

Stoney needs to post pics, I kinda imagine he looks like a slightly younger Bill Cosby

M3wThr33

What happened to inviting HUELEN?

I'd love to hear his defense of Sonic 4  :lol

He can only post in threads he makes. A weird hellban.

SA has a hellban where people's posts are invisible to everyone but moderators. I can't imagine discovering that, because you never get notified.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Stoney needs to post pics, I kinda imagine he looks like a slightly younger Bill Cosby

I use to look like a cross between Malcolm X and D-Nice.

That was when I was a hunk.  :'(

Now no photos exist of me.

Phoenix Dark

Boondocks S3 trailer
[youtube=560,345]HOCaLPAVK0Q[/youtube]
:bow

Phoenix Dark

This is kind of hard to watch without getting pissed off: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0

Wikileaks has obtained and decrypted this previously unreleased video footage from a US Apache helicopter in 2007. It shows Reuters journalist Namir Noor-Eldeen, driver Saeed Chmagh, and several others as the Apache shoots and kills them in a public square in Eastern Baghdad. They are apparently assumed to be insurgents. After the initial shooting, an unarmed group of adults and children in a minivan arrives on the scene and attempts to transport the wounded. They are fired upon as well. The official statement on this incident initially listed all adults as insurgents and claimed the US military did not know how the deaths ocurred.

Fucking Disgusting.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20620526&postcount=677

Fucking Disgusting.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20620526&postcount=677

I'd like to see you defend them mowing down a van full of clearly unarmed citizens for merely trying to help someone lying bloody and gasping for help in the middle of the street. The original attack isn't even the issue, its the way the soldiers carried themselves throughout and the second unprovoked attack that make this such a disgusting thing to watch.

Phoenix Dark

I'm not going to comment on the language used by soldiers in a war zone.

Considering they thought the guys were insurgents, I can't say I'm shocked they would shoot at the van. The problem is that while the initial group seemed to have weapons, it's pretty clear the van folks had none. So yea, that was uncalled for.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
As the military get more adept at killing shit there will be a bigger focus on smaller, better equipped and trained units and we will hopefully see less stories like this. Sadly it seems that a lot of governments are using PMCs for that instead of training and maintaining their own units so it might go the opposite way   :-\

I'm not going to comment on the language used by soldiers in a war zone.

Considering they thought the guys were insurgents, I can't say I'm shocked they would shoot at the van. The problem is that while the initial group seemed to have weapons, it's pretty clear the van folks had none. So yea, that was uncalled for.

Not only is it clear that they don't have guns, but you can hear the soldiers reporting to their officers that the men have weapons and are clearly insurgents when they're clearly not. Add to that the fact that the gunner literally whines "COME ON CAN I SHOOT THEM?!?!?!" and this smells like a bunch of trigger-happy jackasses taking their Xbox Live training to deadly new heights. It's fucking disgusting.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
yeah, seemed pretty clear that it wasn't them calling out things they thought they saw, just what would get them permission to open up
___

Please, how else can we interpret dudes clearly lying to their superiors and openly expressing excitement at the idea of mowing down a bunch of people who are clearly unarmed? A necessity of war?

Fuck that. Nothing about war is a necessity, especially not the absence of humanity and respect for one's peers.

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
Artistes  ::)

Escape to your imaginary world, shake.

My world where people don't shoot each other down and brag about it like some feggits playing Xbox Live?

Yeah, if only that world actually existed :'(

Fresh Prince

It's war. The crazies come out to play.

Guy crawling away on floor...

"all you gotta do is pick up a weapon"

van turns up....
"they're possibly uh picking up bodies AND WEAPONS"

They were just doing their jobs

Move to Canada if you can't handle the heat :usacry

Powerslave

lmao yeah it did seem like they were talking shit (fooling their superiors) to get permission to fire. WEAPONS.

M3wThr33

I just think you guys are extremely biased in your interpretation of that video.  You're already told what happens before you see it so you don't interpret it the way the soldiers would have as it was happening.  They didn't have the benefit of hindsight or an ideal environment to make judgements far removed from anything remotely like combat like you guys casting stones.

I don't need hindsight to see the report was REVISED to say that the helicopter was fired at before they began shooting. What the HELL, man?

The facts are the facts, whether they've been altered or not! :lol

About what the soldiers were saying: These are soldiers.  There job is to kill.  They talk casually about their job just like you do.  These guys sound like they like their job.  Imagine that!

And you think that's a good thing? Seriously?

Are you playing devil's advocate or are you priorities really that fucked up and revolting? Jesus christ.

Soldiers shouldn't enjoy their job to the extent that they get off on firing on a group of unarmed civilians, chasing down an unarmed man and begging him to pick up a gun so they can fire on him again, lying to their superiors so they can fire at a convoy full of civilians, etc. etc. The fact that you're trying to defend what is so clearly a breach of protocol is baffling to me.

Are you also the type to blame a rape victim for what she was wearing?

If they were unarmed civilians, they only knew they were unarmed civilians after the fact. What are you not understanding?  About them begging the guy to pick up a weapon so they can kill him, this shows that they are clearly following protocol, by not engaging someone who is unarmed.  What surprises you about soldiers wanting to kill someone whom they think is the enemy?

What about them lying to their supervisors? What about them demolishing a bunch of civilians in a van who CLEARLY aren't armed, as the video shows, yet reporting that they were just so that can get the go-ahead to mow them down? What about the Pentagon covering this whole thing up instead of admitting fault?

There's no way you can see this and determine that everything was done by the book and the military is not without any fault here, unless you are blind, dumb, or such a bleeding heart patriot you refuse to believe that -- gasp! -- there might actually be some fucked up folks in our nation's military. Who would've thunk?! :dizzy

I don't see how shooting at some random people in the street from the safety of a helicopter miles away can make someone sound as excited as the douchebag in the video, but whatever. I'm also not a douchebag who probably joined the military because I don't have shit better to do with my life and love to overdose on Call of Duty and have no sense of reality or the value of a human life, either.

Like I said, there is no way as an intelligent human being to watch this video and not be disgusted by the actions of these soldiers. Fighting for your country is one thing; taking potshots at civilains and getting giddy over the possibility of being able to shoot down a crowd of people from miles away with no immediate reprecussions is a whole different beast. And worse off, it's not something the military should sweep under the rug. Motherfuckers like these guys need to be made examples of, not have their slates wiped clean by a bunch of pussyfooted bureaucrats. That's only gonna allow more shit like this to continue*.

*Like, say, that recent botched raid the pentagon also got caught trying to cover up. What pieces of shit. :lol

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
I don't see how shooting at some random people in the street from the safety of a helicopter miles away can make someone sound as excited as the douchebag in the video, but whatever. I'm also not a douchebag who probably joined the military because I don't have shit better to do with my life and love to overdose on Call of Duty and have no sense of reality or the value of a human life, either.

Like I said, there is no way as an intelligent human being to watch this video and not be disgusted by the actions of these soldiers. Fighting for your country is one thing; taking potshots at civilains and getting giddy over the possibility of being able to shoot down a crowd of people from miles away with no immediate reprecussions is a whole different beast. And worse off, it's not something the military should sweep under the rug. Motherfuckers like these guys need to be made examples of, not have their slates wiped clean by a bunch of pussyfooted bureaucrats. That's only gonna allow more shit like this to continue*.

*Like, say, that recent botched raid the pentagon also got caught trying to cover up. What pieces of shit. :lol

Just...fucking quoted for fucking truth.

My cousin was in the military for a few years, and the dude is the biggest sociopathic redneck teabagging asshole ever.  I have a feeling the guys in that video would be his perfect drinking buddies.
PS4

Fresh Prince

Who would want to join such an organisation? :teehee

I'm not against the military, I'm just against the lowest common denominator shitheads they let fly airplanes and operate guns. :usacry

Fresh Prince

Yeah Shake you needed to in the loop for that one.

I'm too busy getting a fake edumickashion and making cigarillo art movies to kill innocent darkskins overseas, brah :usacry

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
The military needs warm bodies so they've seriously lowered their standards in the last few years too.
PS4

I guess when you can't just draft people into a fucking stupid war, you're left with these yokels.

DREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *shakes fist*

As I tweeted yesterday I'm vaguely certain Detox has been in development since before I was born. And at this point is there any way it won't be a massive disappointment?

Fresh Prince

Dre is dead. The future is J. Cole.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
I'm not against the military, I'm just against the lowest common denominator shitheads they let fly airplanes and operate guns. :usacry

Because it's the lowest common denominator that they let fly airplanes.  :smug

and here I thought you might be less distinguished mentally-challenged than the last time you were here.
MMA

E-DuB

As I tweeted yesterday I'm vaguely certain Detox has been in development since before I was born. And at this point is there any way it won't be a massive disappointment?

Of course it will be. It wil be along the lines of Chinese Democracy. Don't get me wrong there will probably be some good tracks but for the amount of time we waited for this thing, it will be a letdown

Because it's the lowest common denominator that they let fly airplanes.  :smug

and here I thought you might be less distinguished mentally-challenged than the last time you were here.

How do you want to try and whitewash this? These guys are model citizens upholding our values and fighting the good fight?

Some of you are so scared to badmouth the military it's baffling. You think the military really gives a fuck about you, or protecting your freedoms? :lol

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon

How do you want to try and whitewash this? These guys are model citizens upholding our values and fighting the good fight?

Some of you are so scared to badmouth the military it's baffling. You think the military really gives a fuck about you, or protecting your freedoms? :lol

Where did I comment on the video?  I haven't even watched the damned thing yet.  I'm just commenting on your propensity to be fucking distinguished mentally-challenged, which apparently hasn't changed in a couple of years.
MMA

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Boogie, don't be a jerk and try to troll Shake for making a random comment.

Watch the video.
PS4

What did I say that was distinguished mentally-challenged, that the military has tons of people who don't belong in the military?

Why don't you watch the video and actually read the thread before being a dickhead? I'm hardly the only person that's expressed these opinions in light of the overwhelming evidence there is to support my argument.

Powerslave

it's ok Shake, ichi got your back

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
I think Boogie's beef is the part where you said that "the lowest common denominator shitheads they let fly airplanes."  Obviously indicating that there needs to be a certain level of intelligence required to fly an airplane.

To which I point to John Travolta - if someone that stupid can fly a plane, anybody can.
PS4

Oh wait, Boogie is an Icon. Now I get it.

He just wants to troll people because he can get away with it ::)

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Nah, Boogie's just looking for a new bitch to dominate since the forum collectively scared away Green Shinobi.
PS4

I would hope the military would at least have enough tact to train motherfuckers to fly airplanes and not shoot random civs whenever they feel like it, but I guess in some people's eyes that's asking too much of our armed forces.

Powerslave

Oh wait, Boogie is an Icon. Now I get it.

He just wants to troll people because he can get away with it ::)

down with the icons

quote this if you agree

I don't care about Icons, but they all seem to have been conditioned to hate me. It's weird. Most normal posters I'm fine with, it's always been the Icons that have been the problem. :lol

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
There was an article in last week's TIME magazine (maybe only the international edition) about this soldier stationed in Iraq who constantly kept telling his superiors and even therapist how eager he was to kill some Iraqis.  They calmly noted his proclivity for violence down in his dossier and did absolutely NOTHING else even though the guy was clearly mentally unstable; he then proceeded to rape and slaughter an innocent Iraqi girl and her family.

But hey, we need warm bodies! Fightin' wars on two fronts!
PS4

There was an article in last week's TIME magazine (maybe only the international edition) about this soldier stationed in Iraq who constantly kept telling his superiors and even therapist how eager he was to kill some Iraqis.  They calmly noted his proclivity for violence down in his dossier and did absolutely NOTHING else even though the guy was clearly mentally unstable; he then proceeded to rape and slaughter an innocent Iraqi girl and her family.

But hey, we need warm bodies! Fightin' wars on two fronts!

That's exactly my problem. They're so desperate for soldiers they seem to let anyone in, including the legions of fucking Travis Bickle wannabes just itching to live out their Call of Duty fantasies regardless of tact or civility. Then fearing a public backlash the higher ups just sweep this shit under the rug and act like they've been caught with their pants down when it does eventually leak. Like with this video. Or when they were caught covering up the random slaughter of innocents at a fucking birthday party recently and even went so far as to fuck with the corpses to make it look like an accident. It's sickening to me that these are the people representing our country overseas.

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
They're basically sending off high school drop-outs into tense situations in war-torn foreign countries and then they're shocked when the guy who was sniffing glue in the back of the class fucks up and kills a bunch of innocent peple.
PS4

I mean honestly, read this shit and tell me our good ol' boys are fighting the good fight: http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2010/04/05/us_forces_afghanistan_killings_open2010

Again, not condemning the entire military, but clearly the system is broken and needs repairs asap. This shit will only create more terrorists, more anger and more fear and foster more crazy fucks who want to blow our entire country to hell. And anyone willing to sit behind a fucking computer monitor and say it's all for a good cause is a piece of shit. I'm sorry, there's just no other way to put it.

If you support the slaughter of innocents, you are a piece of shit.

Phoenix Dark

DREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *shakes fist*

I just can't imagine it meeting expectations. That "west coast" sound is rather dated, whereas the south and even the east continue to dominate charts. Dre should have released Detox a year after GRODT, back when people cared about his production.

He's sounded pretty weak lately with his piano beats. Oh well
spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Chronic is overrated. Wanna fight?
[close]

Dre is at best a mediocre rapper, and honestly none of his production for like the last five years or so has even managed to get a rise out of me. I know he's apparently been putting tons of work into Detox perfecting the fuck out of it, but considering I already don't think much of Dre and how it's taken like forty years for this shit to come out (if it even is lolol) I just can't possibly see it being worth the wait.

EDIT - Also I love how bipolar this thread has become :bow

drew

• sy
uh, the war is a necessary cause, i hope youre not saying that, right?

RIGHT?!

What? GTFO, we're talking about the D-R-E. :bow