Author Topic: The Bore Mecha Gaming Thread: Gundam, Super Robot Wars, Armored Core and More!  (Read 206295 times)

Re: The Bore Mecha Gaming Thread: All Mecha, All The Time!
« Reply #720 on: April 19, 2012, 02:14:23 PM »
I've put in about 5 hours so far with Gundam UC. It's fun, controls remind me of ACE 2 and 3 more than R.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #721 on: April 19, 2012, 03:26:13 PM »
How much DLC have you bought though :P

« Reply #722 on: April 19, 2012, 03:46:48 PM »
How much DLC have you bought though :P

Way too much. 4000 yen, and that wasn't everything available.
野球

« Reply #723 on: April 19, 2012, 06:14:23 PM »
Speaking of UC DLC, I just got home and checked the Japanese store. Nothing this week, so I think it's all done.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #724 on: April 19, 2012, 06:31:55 PM »
Well after Nu and Sazabi where else are you going to go?

Bebpo

« Reply #725 on: April 19, 2012, 06:43:53 PM »
Speaking of mecha.  After playing for 2 weeks now, I'm a little past halfway in full scenario chart run of Saisei-hen.  Put about 60 hours in so far.  Just got the upgrade for the OG mech.  The sprite looks pretty cool, but the animations for the OG mech in Z2-1 and Z2-2 really suck compared to the licensed mechs.  I have no idea why.  It just looks really stiff and like flash animation.  Going to have to wait for it to show up in OGs in ten years to see it with good animations :P

Game is pretty awesome.  Scope is HUGE.  There are just so many series and characters involved in this one.  I'm a bit surprised how they are handling the plot progression.  It's been mainly Wing/OO focus in the first half.  Gurren Lagann S2
spoiler (click to show/hide)
still hasn't even started
[close]

I'm guessing it's because in terms of how much plot they need to cover, Wing/OO have 26eps to cover whereas Gurren/Geass/Macross/Mazinger are ~13ep and Getter Robo is like 3 OAVs. 

« Reply #726 on: April 19, 2012, 07:39:16 PM »
Well after Nu and Sazabi where else are you going to go?

Who knows. They added in Gundam, Zeta and ZZ's beam rifles, so I thought they might add those units as well. Also, the DLC that comes with the Delta Gundam HG kit is not available on the store yet.

As for Nu and Sazabi, I was hoping they'd do some actual missions instead of just adding them as units that can be used in Custom Cast mode.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 07:41:15 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

« Reply #727 on: April 26, 2012, 02:20:12 PM »
Custom Cast mode in Gundam UC is really cool.

It's a series of missions with branching paths dependent on how you perform. You can take them on alone or put together a squadron of three mobile suits and a capital ship (that can hold 3 engineers and another 3 mobile suits). Tons of mobile suits, pilots and weapons to purchase and upgrade. You can't just make a huge battalion right off the bat, though. Everything has a point value, and you have to gain experience points to use more stuff. I was able to get through the first scenario with no-name pilots in Delta Gundam, a Dra-C and a Jegan along with a little EFF cruiser, but to get the trophy you have to compelte it with all pilots having emblems (add bonus stats), plus 3 MS and three engineers on the cruiser. The missions can be pretty tough at times, but aren't impossible.

Also, there's a DLC mission that is a dream sequence where you pilot the Full Armor Unicorn taking on wave after wave of grunts, then five Musais, then two larger Zeon cruisers, before taking on Delta Plus, Kshatriya AND Unicorn all at once. Yeouch.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 02:27:57 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

« Reply #728 on: April 26, 2012, 04:58:07 PM »
http://andriasang.com/con0u4/macross_screens/

First pressing comes with a download code for the PS1 Do You Remember Love? game. The video makes it appear to be only with the LE version, though.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 05:03:54 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #729 on: April 27, 2012, 02:10:54 PM »
^^ wish the BD had English subs.  Still might buy it though.

Mr. Gundam, are you ever going to play Z2?  What about if Z3 is for the PS3 (which I'm hoping will be the platform it lands on in 2014/2015 since Vita is unlikely, PSP is impossible and 3DS...I can't see Terada wanting to downgrading the visuals for the premier SRW series to the 3DS lower resolution and worse screen; also the fact that like Tales, the mainline SRW games have been on Playstation systems since Alpha).  Are you just going to skip Z2?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 02:12:41 PM by Bebpo »

« Reply #730 on: April 27, 2012, 02:20:13 PM »
I'm waiting for Z2 price drops. Once that happens I'll pick up the games.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #731 on: April 27, 2012, 03:43:13 PM »
But it's been a year now.  I don't think it's going to price drop any further?

« Reply #732 on: April 27, 2012, 03:44:27 PM »
But it's been a year now.  I don't think it's going to price drop any further?

There's gotta be a The Best! version at some point. The game stilll hasn't dropped in price on the import sites or ebay.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #733 on: April 27, 2012, 03:52:30 PM »
Might have a Best version eventually.  Dunno.  Some games just don't drop in price.  Especially if they are quality and not over shipped.

Anyhow, it's cool.  I'm just giving you shit on this because you're the only other person here who used to play SRW games too :P

At least we can both play 2nd OGs in 2013.  When they finally announce I release date I'm planning on powering through OG Gaiden to be caught up.

« Reply #734 on: April 27, 2012, 04:00:32 PM »
Might have a Best version eventually.  Dunno.  Some games just don't drop in price.  Especially if they are quality and not over shipped.

Anyhow, it's cool.  I'm just giving you shit on this because you're the only other person here who used to play SRW games too :P

I still play them, it's just a hassle to play handhelds. With limited game time, I'd rather play something on the TV.

At least we can both play 2nd OGs in 2013.  When they finally announce I release date I'm planning on powering through OG Gaiden to be caught up.

What the hell is going on with that game?
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #735 on: April 27, 2012, 04:12:16 PM »
I was talking to duckroll and I think this is the problem with OGs:

Unlike Licensed SRW where every few entries you reboot the cast down to a small list of w/new sprites and build up through re-use, OG SRW is getting problematic because the cast list is only going to keep GROWING every game forever and ever.

To make OGs1&2 on PS2 they had to make X amount of sprites at PS2 low-resolution.

To make 2nd OGs on PS3 they have to make X amount of sprites + Y amount of new sprites for the new entries AND do all of this at PS3 high-resolution.

That's like 2-4x the amount of work required.

Now imagine if they have to make OG3 for another system because in 2015 PS3 isn't viable anymore.  Then they have to do that work all over again.  It's just not feasible AT ALL.

So my guess, is they are taking their time with 2nd OGs and doing 2-4x the amount of work that OGs was and they are FUTURE PROOFING these sprites and animations at such a resolution and sharpness that no matter what system or where OGs3, OGs4, OGs5 go, they can keep re-using these sprites for this cast and then only need to make sprites for the new entries each game and new moves for the old cast members.  So this is taking extra time and 2nd OGs will probably come out fall 2012 or spring 2013.

It's also why I think 2nd OGs isn't going to have a lot of new cast.  Right now it's just SRW D, SRW MX, the rest of SRW Alpha 2, and 1 character from SRW Alpha 3.  I think that's going to be the final new cast list.  It's such a huge effort to just remake ALL the OGs cast in new high-res sprites that they don't have a lot of time/budget to do a ton of new characters as well.  So the new entry cast will be small.  Then OGs3 will have a ton of new entry stuff because they can just re-use all these sprites and spend the dev time on the new entry series.  So I think this will be a stopgap/transition OGs game that is mainly about just seeing old favorites in new sprites and animations and not really moving the story a ton (though it'll cover Alpha 2's plot at least which is major).

Anyhow, that's my theory.  I think 2nd OGs will be fall/spring, Z3 will be 2014 or 2015 (2015 more likely), and they will announce a 3DS SRW licensed game soon, either for this x-mas or if 2nd OGs is 2012 than next spring/summer that will have slightly better than DS quality sprites/animations w/full voice by the team that did the DS games (and that's why it's taking them a few years; it'll be a "medium" budget SRW; not as high quality as the Z series, but not as LQ as the DS entries).  And there will probably be a 3D one by the Neo team in the next year or two.  Wouldn't be surprised if it was for 3DS as well.

« Reply #736 on: April 27, 2012, 04:26:39 PM »
I'm hoping that 2nd OG is the big December 2012 game, but who knows at this point.
野球

« Reply #737 on: May 02, 2012, 10:28:05 PM »

Footage from the beta test.

More here:
http://ja.twitch.tv/aatyu/b/313195833
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #738 on: May 02, 2012, 10:32:54 PM »
Why does it look like he's running in slow motion?

« Reply #739 on: May 11, 2012, 12:51:22 AM »
New PV focusing on ground combat.

野球

Bebpo

« Reply #740 on: May 11, 2012, 01:10:54 AM »

Thought you might like this hack video =P

Bebpo

« Reply #741 on: May 12, 2012, 05:04:34 AM »
Finished SRW Z2 Saisei-hen.

It was good.

Now time to wait until 2015 next mainline licensed SRW :)

Bring on 2nd OGs!

« Reply #742 on: May 14, 2012, 11:22:28 AM »
One of these days, the PSP Z2 titles will see a price drop. It will happen... I hope.

Oh, Gundam UC (PS3) is $39.90 at Play Asia right now:
http://www.play-asia.com/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_UC/paOS-13-71-10b-49-en-70-4gr9.html

Totally worth it at that price.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #743 on: May 14, 2012, 12:21:28 PM »
Is the game enjoyable without buying any of the DLC?

« Reply #744 on: May 14, 2012, 12:37:31 PM »
Is the game enjoyable without buying any of the DLC?

Totally enjoyable without the DLC. It's just some extra Unicorn mode missions and mobile suits. Aside from the awesome Sinaju Stein Theft DLC missions, the DLC missions are very short and forgettable. Some of the DLC MS (Full Armor Unicorn) make Custom Cast mode easier, but it's a solid game for $40 without the DLC.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 12:39:02 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #745 on: May 14, 2012, 01:32:38 PM »
Ok, bought it with cheapie shipping.  I wouldn't mind another Gundam action game on my PS3.

« Reply #746 on: May 14, 2012, 01:42:40 PM »
Cool. If you ever decide to get some of the DLC, I'd recommend the Sinaju Stein Theft Mission pack (from week one) and Full Armor Unicorn. I've got everything, but those were the ones I enjoyed the most. There's a good amount of free stuff as well.
野球

« Reply #747 on: May 19, 2012, 02:01:01 AM »

30 hours of gaming action. Time to put it to rest.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #748 on: May 24, 2012, 05:28:24 PM »
Ok, never ordering cheap shipping from PA again.  My UC Gundam came but I wasn't home and so I have to pick it up from the post office because they require a signature.  The $10 shipping I saved is not worth the hour of time it's going to take during the work week to pick it up :\

« Reply #749 on: May 24, 2012, 05:31:31 PM »
Ok, never ordering cheap shipping from PA again.  My UC Gundam came but I wasn't home and so I have to pick it up from the post office because they require a signature.  The $10 shipping I saved is not worth the hour of time it's going to take during the work week to pick it up :\

Weird. I've never had to sign for anything I've ordered with cheapass USPS shipping with Play Asia.
野球

« Reply #750 on: June 08, 2012, 01:44:53 PM »
Gundam Battle Operation doesn't come out until June 28th, but you can "preorder" it on the Japanese Playstation store. Apparently you'll get two free mobile suits to use if you "preorder" the free game. Just find the game listing on the store and click on the download button.
野球

« Reply #751 on: June 19, 2012, 10:32:56 PM »
http://andriasang.com/con1je/eureka_seven_hybrid/

AO Hybrid Pack is a 30 minute OVA that bridges AO episodes 8 and 9 plus a PS3 action game.
野球

cool breeze

« Reply #752 on: June 28, 2012, 06:30:53 PM »
Gundam Battle Operation is out.  I downloaded and played a round of it.  Seems easy enough to understand without going into the customization/f2p parts.

I was on the zeon side and had a regular zaku.  Helped another decked out zaku take out two GMs and damaged my zaku.  Flew off and found you can leave the mech with L2 and Circle.  From there you equip a repair tool and heal each damaged part of the mech.  You can ride other vehicles, like a hovercraft with a rocket launcher on it.

« Reply #753 on: June 28, 2012, 06:39:23 PM »
Stuck in Nebraska until July 4th. No online F2P Gundamu for me yet.
野球

« Reply #754 on: July 08, 2012, 01:25:30 PM »
Battle Operation is badass. Someone download this and play with me. I'm averaging 6-7 games a day, even with the F2P mechanism in place.

There's a trophy for playing 7 days straight, so get on it brosefs. I should be on around 9 or 10pm PST for 3 (8-minute long) games.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 01:29:33 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

« Reply #755 on: July 31, 2012, 03:04:15 PM »
SDF Macross: My Boyfriend is a Pilot 2012 is sooo much better than the previous PS3 Frontier titles.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #756 on: July 31, 2012, 05:20:46 PM »
How so?

Gameplay or more meaty like a full game?

« Reply #757 on: July 31, 2012, 09:09:24 PM »
Graphics, presentation, lack of load screens, etc.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #758 on: July 31, 2012, 09:24:56 PM »
Cool.  I wonder if they will ever sell the games separate. 

« Reply #759 on: July 31, 2012, 11:36:53 PM »
Cool.  I wonder if they will ever sell the games separate.

Kinda doubt it. The first Frontier game has been out for ~2 years now and no word about a separate release.
野球

« Reply #760 on: August 07, 2012, 04:14:42 PM »
NOVEMBER 29TH 2012

2ND SUPER ROBOT WARS OG

ITS ON
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #761 on: August 07, 2012, 08:16:01 PM »
Shit, now I gotta play videogames again :(

« Reply #762 on: August 24, 2012, 01:54:41 PM »
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #763 on: August 24, 2012, 04:00:37 PM »
Looks good, but after all this time the excitement has started to fade away for me.

I still need to play OGG and I dunno if I'll get through it by November 29th.

Bebpo

« Reply #764 on: August 24, 2012, 11:33:33 PM »
On 2nd thought, maybe I'll start up OGG after I finish Time Travelers.  Been away from gaming most of the summer and starting to feel like it might be time to jump back in.

« Reply #765 on: September 21, 2012, 12:37:37 AM »
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #766 on: September 21, 2012, 03:29:23 AM »
That 1up link you posted on FB was pretty sucky.  Left out all kinds of major Gundam games like the VERSUS series that is one of the best Gundam games and revived the Gundam popularity in gaming :|

That being said, GUNDAM :rock :rock

« Reply #767 on: September 21, 2012, 01:17:00 PM »
That 1up link you posted on FB was pretty sucky.  Left out all kinds of major Gundam games like the VERSUS series that is one of the best Gundam games and revived the Gundam popularity in gaming :|

I thought the same thing, but reading through it, I found that hyping Gundam games wasn't the point of it. The focus was more on Gundam games that were related to fads in gaming (2D fighters, FMV games, MMOs, etc.).
野球

« Reply #768 on: September 22, 2012, 07:28:44 PM »
New Macross game coming to unspecified platform. I bet it's PS3, Vita or mobile.

The game is tentatively titled Macross 30 (30th Anniversary) and includes characters from all series.

http://b.bngi-channel.jp/macross30/
http://www.4gamer.net/games/185/G018559/20120922012/
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 07:32:59 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

« Reply #769 on: September 23, 2012, 12:38:41 PM »

2nd SRW OG gameplay!
野球

Shuri

« Reply #770 on: September 23, 2012, 01:20:43 PM »
omg this looks amazing. I wish this came over here :(

« Reply #771 on: September 23, 2012, 02:25:20 PM »
omg this looks amazing. I wish this came over here :(

Region free gaming, baby.
野球

« Reply #772 on: September 23, 2012, 11:42:42 PM »
野球

Takao

« Reply #774 on: September 27, 2012, 12:37:41 PM »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #775 on: September 27, 2012, 01:18:39 PM »
It's a non musou game right?

« Reply #776 on: September 27, 2012, 01:44:14 PM »
It's a non musou game right?

Yep. Looks like a combination of Musou gameplay with some of Battlefield Record UC 0081.
野球

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #777 on: September 27, 2012, 02:10:13 PM »
why cant i have this? :(

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #778 on: September 27, 2012, 02:18:47 PM »
why cant i have this? :(

You can.  Just buy the arcade machine.

Sheesh.

:smug
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #779 on: September 27, 2012, 02:22:47 PM »
I'd have to mug sceneman a billion times to afford that :maf