Author Topic: The Bore Mecha Gaming Thread: Gundam, Super Robot Wars, Armored Core and More!  (Read 206080 times)

野球

Rahxephon91

Re: The Bore Mecha Gaming Thread: All Mecha, All The Time!
« Reply #901 on: September 11, 2013, 12:04:33 AM »
Yeah. I'm for sure importing that.

I lost my DLC for the original, so  haven't bought anymore. I was getting pretty tempted with a lot of the newer units, but I'm glad I held off.

« Reply #902 on: September 11, 2013, 02:38:13 PM »

I lost my DLC for the original, so  haven't bought anymore. I was getting pretty tempted with a lot of the newer units, but I'm glad I held off.

How did you lose the DLC?
野球

Rahxephon91

« Reply #904 on: September 11, 2013, 10:48:30 PM »

How did you lose the DLC?
Don't remember and can't access my Japanese PSN account for my new slim PS3 after my old one died. There's probably a work around, but I just haven't been smart enough to look for it.

« Reply #905 on: September 12, 2013, 02:08:18 PM »
Full Boost comes with an online pass. Heads up if anyone was thinking of buying this used.
野球

« Reply #906 on: October 24, 2013, 11:31:31 AM »
野球

Rahxephon91

« Reply #907 on: October 24, 2013, 12:38:53 PM »
Oh shit.

« Reply #908 on: November 05, 2013, 11:45:19 AM »
野球

mjemirzian

« Reply #909 on: December 05, 2013, 11:42:22 AM »
Now playing SRW Dark Prison, starring Shuu.

« Reply #910 on: December 05, 2013, 12:04:51 PM »
Now playing SRW Dark Prison, starring Shuu.

I installed it last night after running through arcade mode in Infinite Battle.

IB is like an uprezzed janky PS2 game. And not in a good way. :lol
野球

mjemirzian

« Reply #911 on: December 12, 2013, 05:40:42 PM »
So Dark Prison is decent, a bit short. Kind of a holdover until 3rd OG or Z3. Stages are a mix of interesting objectives and just plain filler. Last boss fight was pretty fun against a giant battleship.

I'm replaying on ex-hard and recording video.

« Reply #912 on: December 24, 2013, 09:46:20 AM »
SRWZ3 on PS3!!!!
April 10th!!!!
I'll be in Tokyo on April 10th!!!!

Oh yeah, Vita too. Lulz.
野球

mjemirzian

« Reply #913 on: December 24, 2013, 10:28:17 AM »
Yup pretty cool. Nice to have a "big" SRW, the smaller releases (UX, OE, MK3) have been kinda disappointing. Dark Prison was decent though.

Btw finished Dark Prison, check the playlist if you want to see the last stage and blah blah.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 03:22:59 PM by mjemirzian »

« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 12:06:15 AM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

« Reply #915 on: February 18, 2014, 12:56:37 PM »

All the old Side Story games are being retold/redone in the Missing Link engine.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #916 on: March 15, 2014, 11:14:08 PM »
Just did the End of Evangelion finale in SRW Alpha 3 and they did a pretty good adaptation that combined EoE with the last two eps of Eva TV.  Was three stages long:  1) Before Giant Rei/3rd impact -> In Shinji's head going psycho 2) Giant Winged Rei/3rd impact -> In Shinji's head EoE good ending 3) A weird mix of Eva TV ep24 in Central Dogma with Beethoven, EoE stuff and the end of Eva TV with everyone clapping for Shinji growing up.

Was also 2.5 hours long geeeeez.  This game is a total drag for the last 12+ stages.  But will curious to see how they handle Eva Rebuild in Z3.

I give them credit for taking a story event like EoE and being able to work it into a combined universe world and actually make it work-somewhat, even if it's still a bit of a clusterfuck in execution.  Btw, Z3-1 in less than 30 days!

« Reply #917 on: April 14, 2014, 03:31:40 PM »
I know Bebpo picked it up, but did anyone else snag Z3?

Just got home late last night, so I'll probably start the game tonight after the wife and daughter go to bed.

Also, here is the Side Stories LE box set at Gundam Front.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 04:05:03 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #918 on: April 14, 2014, 07:24:14 PM »
Great photos!

Z3 is pretty cool, just kind of slow start and some series get weak animation like Fullmetal Panic.

Might pick up Gundam Side Stories.  Never played the Blue Destiny games.

mjemirzian

« Reply #919 on: April 14, 2014, 08:03:39 PM »
I'm playing Z3 right now, playthrough log here.

« Reply #920 on: April 18, 2014, 11:57:28 AM »
I still have yet to start Z3. Played a bit of SRW HD the other night, but that's it. Stupid jet lag.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #921 on: April 22, 2014, 10:05:19 PM »
Liking Z3 more after taking a break from it.  Once you get past that initial disappointment, it's nice to have robots fighting.  Or maybe I just liked it more because I did the story from Votoms: Big Battle last night and Votoms scenes >>>>>>> 90% of the stuff in SRW.  I really should watch Votoms one of these days.

« Reply #922 on: April 23, 2014, 12:42:52 AM »
Votoms rocks. You really should watch it.

I've only done the first four stages in Z3, but it's fun so far.
野球

« Reply #923 on: May 01, 2014, 02:36:04 PM »
Nine stages down, 60 some odd to go!  :lol

:(
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #924 on: May 01, 2014, 03:05:07 PM »
Good start!

I just finished map 30 doing my usual all routes, full scenario chart run.  Halfway!  I'm also doing all the DLC stages as I go, so around 55 hours now.  I'm pretty impressed I got 55 hours in a game in 20 days considering I was on vacation for 4 of those days!  Will finish it in a month I think.

Bebpo

« Reply #925 on: June 06, 2014, 04:34:29 PM »
Finished Jigoku-hen, all routes, all SR points + all 24 DLCs.  Took about 126 hours in less than 2 months. 

Game was alright.  Animations were ok, but kind of weak.  Playable unit selection was small but some good ones.  Music selection was short but some good ones.  Story was short in substance since it was mainly build up for Z3-2, but there were definitely good parts.

The gameplay was weird.  Started off with a challenge, halfway on became a joke.  But it's a joke I like because being able to zoom across the map with multi-action and take out 90% of the grunts with 3-4 Wing Zero MAP attacks in a single turn so that only the boss is left and you take him out on turn 2-3...definitely speeds up the maps.  Game almost felt more visual novelish as the story/gameplay ratio would often favor the prior.

Hopefully Z3-2 brings the quality.  There's a lot of obvious signs that Z3-1 was rushed and needed another year but big boss publisher said the game had to release so they could make profit.  If they're not adding a ton of new units in Z3-2, they can use the extra year to really polish up the existing game engine and units/attacks and make it end satisfyingly.

One gripe though is that the boss attacks were really weak looking.  2nd OGs final bosses were amazing.  They had craaaaazy animations for their final attacks that made them feel like FINAL BOSSES.  Z3-1's final bosses felt like mid-bosses as their attacks weren't really impressive and their stats were even weaker.  I'd like to fight some final bosses that don't go down in a single turn.

« Reply #926 on: June 06, 2014, 04:36:08 PM »
I had a to take a break from Z3-1 after going through the first 30 stages. Playing Side Stories right now.
野球

« Reply #927 on: December 12, 2014, 01:19:47 PM »
EPIC BUMP

#t=18
野球

« Reply #928 on: December 19, 2014, 04:01:51 PM »

Game should be here tomorrow. This looks like a massive improvement over the first Gundam Breaker, which I absolutely loved.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #929 on: December 19, 2014, 04:19:33 PM »
My copy arrived today.  I didn't like the demo for Gundam Breaker 1 but this looks like enough of an improvement that I'm going to give it a shot.  Plus the portable verison is cross-play with PS3 and Vita TV compatible.
ど助平

« Reply #930 on: December 19, 2014, 04:26:11 PM »
The Gundam Breaker demo was technically a beta and an asbolutely terrible representation of the final product.

I've heard that cross-play in GB2 has been nixed.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #931 on: December 19, 2014, 09:37:10 PM »
Felt like buying myself a christmas present and hadn't played a Gundam game in a while so ordered Breaker 2 on PS3 and finally bought Xtreme Versus Full Boost Premium Sound edition (was just gonna wait for Maxi Boost PS4, but that's probably another year+ away still).  Will have a very Gundam-y new years.  Almost done watching Gundam Build Fighters S1 so it'll get me in the mood for Breaker 2.

Bebpo

« Reply #932 on: December 20, 2014, 12:56:09 AM »
Booted up Gundam v Gundam Extreme (the old one) to get back into how to play the game while I wait for Full Boost to ship.  Man, this game still holds up amazing.  Graphics and gameplay are fantastic, tons of content.  This is a good series.  I should've got Full Boost last year!  Really looking forward to it and Breaker 2.

parallax

« Reply #933 on: December 20, 2014, 04:51:19 PM »
fuck i want breaker 2, but i fear the moment i go for it, bamco is gonna announce a us version

« Reply #934 on: December 21, 2014, 02:08:46 PM »
Booted up Gundam v Gundam Extreme (the old one) to get back into how to play the game while I wait for Full Boost to ship.  Man, this game still holds up amazing.  Graphics and gameplay are fantastic, tons of content.  This is a good series.  I should've got Full Boost last year!  Really looking forward to it and Breaker 2.

fuck i want breaker 2, but i fear the moment i go for it, bamco is gonna announce a us version

It's not happening. Just import it.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #935 on: December 22, 2014, 05:37:51 PM »
Alright, let's do this!

*edit* lemme rephrase that, now I'm ready to glorious nihon rock x-mas :rock

« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 08:45:01 PM by Bebpo »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #936 on: December 29, 2014, 08:36:20 AM »
I'm selling Breaker 2.  It doesn't feel much better than the demo I tried for Breaker 1.  Just a clunkier Gundam Musou that runs at a worse framerate.  A co-worker wants it so it's an easy sell for me.  I'm just going to eat the shipping costs.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #937 on: December 29, 2014, 01:17:12 PM »
Breaker 2 sold for $65; Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost Premium Sound G Edition ordered from Amazon for $67.50.  Not bad.

:jawalrus
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #938 on: December 29, 2014, 09:32:49 PM »
I get more fun out of looking at the Breaker 2 pics in the gaf thread of mechs people have made than actually playing the game.  It's not bad though, and I'll probably put enough hours into it to be worth it over time.  I think one of the big problems early on is that it's not about making the gunpla you want, because you want the better stats, so you pretty much just use the best pieces you have and end up with weird looking gundams.

I'm guessing later on when you get a lot of good, but different, pieces you have more freedom in choosing your own parts and still making a good useable mech.  I dunno, I wish the game was more Armored Core build crazy mechs that play VERY differently based on parts used and less Phantasy Star Online, everyone basically plays the same but equipment makes you stronger and stronger and better.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #939 on: December 29, 2014, 11:36:42 PM »
Well, I do know that some parts will make your mech play differently in terms of combos and such (some give you crazy martial arts moves), but I get what you mean.

To me this is just another meh Gundam though.  Shin Gundam Musou shits all over it.  You gotta be a big fan, I guess.
ど助平

« Reply #940 on: January 01, 2015, 04:07:23 PM »
Well, I do know that some parts will make your mech play differently in terms of combos and such (some give you crazy martial arts moves), but I get what you mean.

To me this is just another meh Gundam though.  Shin Gundam Musou shits all over it.  You gotta be a big fan, I guess.

That describes every Gundam game outside the Versus series. I'm surprised you keep buying these titles, Bork.

I get more fun out of looking at the Breaker 2 pics in the gaf thread of mechs people have made than actually playing the game.  It's not bad though, and I'll probably put enough hours into it to be worth it over time.  I think one of the big problems early on is that it's not about making the gunpla you want, because you want the better stats, so you pretty much just use the best pieces you have and end up with weird looking gundams.

This was more of a problem with the first Gundam Breaker, since you can level up the parts in this one. I've managed to make some nice looking Gundams early on because of this without having to use clunky ass Zeon pieces like I did in the first game.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 04:14:34 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #941 on: January 02, 2015, 03:52:34 PM »
Seems like all the good gundam parts are builder lvl.30-40.  I'm on stage 8 and lvl.12.  Bought Strike Gundam though and use it with Gundam Bazooka.  I dunno, I enjoy Breaker 2...mildly as a gundam fan.  It's fun to build gundams I like and get their weapons, but the stages are also kind of 3-4x as long as they need to be and I really wish the game was 60fps and had better feeling controls.

Vs Extreme Full Boost is pretty sweet though.  There's not a lot of new units compared to pre-Full Boost that I actually care about (too many grunt 1000/1500 units), but there's a couple and the new music tracks/new stages are great.  I'm getting my fun out of it but honestly it's more like I'm playing a teaser/demo for Maxi Boost console release in a year or so which actually adds some real good new units for my tastes (At least Maxi adds a new series with AGE; plus I bet by the time the console version releases it'll have some G Reco & Build Fighters units).  Not picking up any of the Full Boost DLC units so that when Maxi does show up there'll be more new units and it'll feel more like a substantial upgrade.

« Reply #942 on: January 02, 2015, 05:36:14 PM »
With that same logic, Maxi Boost console release is just a demo for "Mega Hyper Strike Tampax Boost" that's coming in two years. They're fighting games, they always get another upgrade for the arcades that will eventually hit.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #943 on: January 02, 2015, 08:43:31 PM »
Yeah, but I'm saying Maxi boost actually has new character's I'd use.  Full Boost has almost no one I'd use in its new characters.  Speigal, Strike Noir, Banshee and maybe Wing Zero TV are the only ones.  Do I care about playing Nina Trinity, the woman from 0083, the purple mech guy from Unicorn, a Zaku from ZZ?  Not really.

Maxi has more G Gundam units, Age 1-3, Full Armor Unicorn, more main Wing gundams and potentially Build Fighters/G Reco main units.  Those are characters I want to play in an update.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #944 on: January 07, 2015, 08:00:14 AM »

That describes every Gundam game outside the Versus series. I'm surprised you keep buying these titles, Bork.

I've only purchased Shin Gundam Musou (awesome), Gundam Breaker 2 (yuck), and Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost (awesome) in the last few years.  Two out of three ain't bad.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #945 on: January 08, 2015, 03:37:14 AM »

Bebpo

« Reply #946 on: January 17, 2015, 06:18:32 PM »
Breaker 2 was fun, can't hate on it and worth the $60-70 for Gundam fans, worth maybe $20 otherwise.  It's a B-game Diablo x Armored Core in the end.  It definitely lays the groundwork for a great game in future installments if they get more budget and continue to refine.

Bebpo

« Reply #947 on: January 19, 2015, 03:59:05 AM »

The Kapool team are so fun in Full Boost.  I love how they play like Capcom vs Snk tag team with their own HPs until one character dies.  Some of the unit movelist designs in this series are really clever.  Good stuff.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #948 on: March 13, 2015, 03:00:07 PM »
Is this game any good?

fat

« Reply #949 on: March 13, 2015, 03:13:46 PM »
Is this game any good?

Never heard of it.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #950 on: March 13, 2015, 03:31:03 PM »
Here's some game play.

It's only going to be $15.  I might pick it up for that price. 
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #951 on: March 13, 2015, 05:02:23 PM »
Someone at Arc really likes RTS between this and Guilty Gear 2.

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #952 on: March 13, 2015, 05:09:55 PM »
What's the import story on PS4? Same as 3?
o_0

Bebpo

« Reply #953 on: March 13, 2015, 06:07:03 PM »
You mean is it region-free?  Yeah.  Same as 3.

« Reply #954 on: March 13, 2015, 07:36:13 PM »
Region free, baby. Can't wait for that Gundam game to come out. Although I still need to pick up a PS4.

Soon.
野球

MrAngryFace

« Reply #955 on: March 14, 2015, 12:10:41 PM »
nice- ready for gundammm
o_0

Bebpo

« Reply #956 on: March 14, 2015, 04:50:15 PM »
What is this gundam ps4 you guys keep mentioning?

« Reply #957 on: March 16, 2015, 11:27:22 AM »
What is this gundam ps4 you guys keep mentioning?

The one that's been teased at TGS the last two years. Nothing more concrete than that.
野球

MrAngryFace

« Reply #958 on: March 16, 2015, 12:46:18 PM »
I need another gundam musou, but for PS4- traded in my PS3 and X360 cause of space issues
o_0

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #959 on: March 16, 2015, 02:10:31 PM »
If you have a Vita, this is a great port:

ど助平