Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3019193 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #27180 on: February 22, 2021, 02:46:55 PM »
wth it's like there's a marketing campaign and they just simply forgot about the actual game  :doge

https://twitter.com/youtooz/status/1363921201127686153
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #27181 on: February 22, 2021, 04:00:26 PM »
The Banjo-Kazooie giveaway is called Xbox Game Pass.
©@©™

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #27182 on: February 23, 2021, 03:53:42 AM »
Bloodlines 2 is never coming out is it

Good morning, @everyone

As you have noticed, we’ve been keeping pretty quiet for a while. With this in mind, the first piece of news we have for you is to confirm that Bloodlines 2 is still in development.

Secondly, we have made the hard decision that Hardsuit Labs will no longer be leading the development of Bloodlines 2 - which also means that we will not be releasing in 2021 as previously planned. Since we cannot at this time communicate a new release date, we've also decided to stop accepting pre-orders for the time being.

This game is very important to us and it has been an ambitious project from the very start. In order to meet our goals for it, we’ve come to the conclusion that a change is needed and, as a result, more development time is required.

We’d like to take this opportunity to honor Hardsuit Labs for their efforts and thank them for their hard work on the project. The studio has done a tremendous job in laying the foundations for the game and we hope that you, the community, will also appreciate their contribution to Bloodlines 2.

We’re thankful for your continuous support throughout the game’s development. We understand how important this is to you, and we’d love to share more with you. As soon as we can, we’ll let you know what the future development team of Bloodlines 2 will look like.
What

Coax

« Reply #27183 on: February 23, 2021, 04:10:47 AM »
So turns out the studio that made the THPS remake, Vicarious Visions, merged with Activision-Blizzard recently. Word around is doubtful whether THPS 1+2 Remake will make its way to Steam since apparently Activision games have stopped making their way to Steam since 2019. Seems now completely pointless waiting for the EGS exclusivity to end :lol

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #27184 on: February 23, 2021, 06:07:32 AM »
Yup fuck activision blizzard and their stupid egs and battle.net client

Glad I have a fake russian account with THPS on it tho, no hurt of 2 euros
What

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #27185 on: February 23, 2021, 07:38:08 AM »
no ultrawide on persona 5 strikers on pc, and locked to 60. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. i guess it's a hbg switch store download, eat my smegma fatlus

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #27186 on: February 23, 2021, 11:48:02 AM »
Man, Gamespot's review of that Ghost and Goblins remake is great.

"Game is too hard!!!  :'(   4/10"

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #27187 on: February 23, 2021, 02:15:53 PM »
no ultrawide on persona 5 strikers on pc, and locked to 60. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. i guess it's a hbg switch store download, eat my smegma fatlus

Cant say no to free,99
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #27188 on: February 23, 2021, 05:36:51 PM »
Gran Turismo delayed to 2022
Vampire Bloodlines not releasing this year
PlayStation 5 VR not releasing this year

:idont
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27189 on: February 23, 2021, 05:37:32 PM »

Good morning, @everyone

As you have noticed, we’ve been keeping pretty quiet for a while. With this in mind, the first piece of news we have for you is to confirm that Bloodlines 2 is still in development.

Secondly, we have made the hard decision that Hardsuit Labs will no longer be leading the development of Bloodlines 2 - which also means that we will not be releasing in 2021 as previously planned. Since we cannot at this time communicate a new release date, we've also decided to stop accepting pre-orders for the time being.

This game is very important to us and it has been an ambitious project from the very start. In order to meet our goals for it, we’ve come to the conclusion that a change is needed and, as a result, more development time is required.

We’d like to take this opportunity to honor Hardsuit Labs for their efforts and thank them for their hard work on the project. The studio has done a tremendous job in laying the foundations for the game and we hope that you, the community, will also appreciate their contribution to Bloodlines 2.

We’re thankful for your continuous support throughout the game’s development. We understand how important this is to you, and we’d love to share more with you. As soon as we can, we’ll let you know what the future development team of Bloodlines 2 will look like.

They'll end up shipping an unfinished product that relies on years of fan patches to make playable, just like the original.
dog

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #27190 on: February 23, 2021, 06:02:25 PM »

Good morning, @everyone

They'll end up shipping an unfinished product that relies on years of fan patches to make playable, just like the original.
Just with none of the charm and cohesiveness. :fbm

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #27191 on: February 23, 2021, 06:46:13 PM »
lol, Gran Turismo hasn't had a full featured entry for 8 years and they're still delaying 'til 2022  :lol
◕‿◕

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27192 on: February 23, 2021, 06:48:03 PM »

Good morning, @everyone

Just with none of the charm and cohesiveness. :fbm

:mjcry
dog

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #27193 on: February 24, 2021, 04:34:31 AM »

If only this was a real game...

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #27194 on: February 24, 2021, 05:36:53 AM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
knowing what polyphony are like it will probably slip to 2023 too :shh
[close]
(ice)

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #27196 on: February 24, 2021, 10:11:25 AM »
Yeah it sucks, but not very surprising. Will see a lot of this shit

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #27197 on: February 24, 2021, 10:14:14 AM »
So i bought a cheap Chinese USB Capture card that lets me capture 1080p at 60fps

Now is there no way to actually watch the incoming feed in fullscreen?

Like how am I gonna capture playing Ninja Gaiden when I can only see about 50% of the screen space?

Anyone know a way to fix it?

Ok I fixed the sound issues, now is there a way to fullscreen this OBS?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 10:33:55 AM by MMaRsu »
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #27198 on: February 24, 2021, 04:36:59 PM »
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #27199 on: February 24, 2021, 05:09:36 PM »
So i bought a cheap Chinese USB Capture card that lets me capture 1080p at 60fps

Now is there no way to actually watch the incoming feed in fullscreen?

Like how am I gonna capture playing Ninja Gaiden when I can only see about 50% of the screen space?

Anyone know a way to fix it?

Ok I fixed the sound issues, now is there a way to fullscreen this OBS?

Ahh Windows Magnifier, the solution for the common man  :rejoice
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #27200 on: February 24, 2021, 05:48:48 PM »
 :whatisthis
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #27201 on: February 25, 2021, 03:43:22 AM »
My audio from capture has a weird echo ?

Anyone know a fix?
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #27202 on: February 25, 2021, 05:15:00 AM »
Don't buy low quality chi-com products in the future :trumps
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #27203 on: February 25, 2021, 08:34:36 AM »
Don't buy low quality chi-com products in the future :trumps

I was able to fix it, it seems when im use the "listen" option in windows to hear the capture cards audio, it creates an echo on the recording. Not having the audio on my desktop fixes it, but then I have to play without audio.

The image quality is surprisingly great for 15€!

Seems an HDMI splitter I will need to purchase so I can just play on my 360 while it records on pc. Another 15€ but still cheap 🤷🏼‍♂️. Chicom forever baby
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #27204 on: February 25, 2021, 01:09:17 PM »
Destiny: The Witch Queen moved to early 2022

:trumps
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #27205 on: February 25, 2021, 05:01:58 PM »
Sony starting with the big guns at their event.

Crash Bandicoot 4 gets a PS5 update, which we already knew. Good showing so far.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #27206 on: February 25, 2021, 05:11:46 PM »
its chiptune fridae at work baybee

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #27207 on: February 25, 2021, 05:28:53 PM »
Looks like they got FF7 remake Yuffie DLC at the Sony State of play.

Edit: And that was it? What....
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 05:33:42 PM by HardcoreRetro »

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #27208 on: February 25, 2021, 05:44:55 PM »
that was really shit. the kea game looked ok, the hyper light drifter dev game looked decent too, and ff7 remake free upgrade is cool i guess. i still do wish i could feel the warm body of aerith in real life. god i wish i could.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #27209 on: February 25, 2021, 06:19:38 PM »
Narrative... journey.... immersion.... can't wait for you to play.... coming soon.....

:snore

I feel bad for the folks that bought a $500 console and only get some DLC, load time cuts and half baked indie games.  :doge

After all that 'true generational leap' shit PlayStation 5 is really just PlayStation 4 Pro+  :doge
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #27210 on: February 25, 2021, 06:24:15 PM »
I never got the Pro, so I'm enjoying the PS5. Cleaning up that PS4 backlog.

Ni No Kuni 2 at a locked 60 fps bitches!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #27211 on: February 25, 2021, 06:39:41 PM »
https://twitter.com/VGC_News/status/1365015385486094340

Sony: We still care about Japan :trumps

EA cancelled Project Gaia their new 'big' thing from Motive  :yeshrug
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 06:58:39 PM by Nintex »
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #27212 on: February 25, 2021, 11:22:44 PM »
https://www.thegamer.com/techland-report-bleeding-talent-autocratic-management-bad-feedback/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
While my sources confirm this incident did see an intervention from HR, it’s not clear if the culprit was reprimanded in any meaningful way. On top of that, it’s hard to feel like complaints about sexism are being taken seriously when the main feature of the CEO’s office is a photo of a naked woman next to a cheetah.

“The photo in question is by a famous English artist and conservationist David Yarrow, who I appreciate for his artistry, passion, and dedication to work, and I had never considered that it might offend anyone,” Marchewka explains. “I find him one of the best if not the best wildlife photographer. That's why I hung it in my office. But I want to make sure I set the right example so if any of our employees, anonymously, report that they feel uncomfortable with it I will remove it immediately.”

While the offer to ensure his staff are comfortable is surely welcome for the hundreds of developers at Techland, you might find it difficult to report a concern about your boss when the HR manager is his wife.

Techland’s CEO originally hired his wife, Aleksandra “Ola” Marchewka, to handle interior design and construction for the company’s new offices. Before Techland, she was a freelance legal consultant, according to her LinkedIn profile. After two years as a consultant, she became the only female board member at Techland. In February 2020, she took on the role of acting chief HR officer - according to her public work history, without prior experience in HR. Does Marchewka consider this a conflict of interest?

“No I don’t,” he tells me via email. “My wife is a professional and we have a professional relationship at work.”

According to my sources, Aleksandra Marchewka is a friendly, approachable person, but her relationship with the CEO makes it hard to come to her with work-based concerns. On the flip side, she also has the CEO’s ear, and people can sometimes use that to their advantage. Convince Aleksandra Marchewka of your idea, and she might be able to convince her husband for you. Elsewhere in the company, Pawel Marchewka’s sister is head of international sales.

Just like those familial bonds in upper management, the CEO’s influence can be felt across almost every department, from the story team to art, and even marketing.

Marchewka is an ideas man, and he had some ideas to promote Dying Light 2. One plan was to drive an unmarked van down to the Mexican border and offload a pile of body bags, sparking a macabre ARG that would eventually reveal itself to be part of the game’s marketing campaign.

“In search of original solutions during brainstorming, we come up with a variety of sometimes crazy or simply impossible ideas,” Marchewka tells me. “Some of these ideas serve only to separate the imagination from limitations, and to be able to come up with unconventional and original concepts, and from there we will critique and evaluate the ideas presented. But it’s clear our team would not execute an idea like that.”

Another idea that was floated, just around the start of the pandemic, was to send out medical test kits. People would test themselves and get results back telling them whether or not they were susceptible to the game’s fictional pathogen. Because the kits were for real diseases, though, you might also find out you have something seriously wrong with you. Elsewhere, the team considered working with the United Nations to create a video advertisement. This advert would have a UN spokesperson talk about a place where people are scrambling to survive, fighting over water. It would reflect what’s happening in developing countries, as well as Flint, Michigan. The twist? It wasn’t a real city at all; instead it would be the fictional metropolis from the game.
You can trace it all the way back to 2011 and the original trailer for Dead Island. A huge success for publisher Deep Silver turned into a curse for Techland. It was a CGI trailer, played backwards, that had very little to do with the content of the game itself. But it put Techland on the map. Marchewka has been trying to recapture that bottled lightning ever since. He’s even floated the idea of doing it again - creating a trailer for the studio’s other games and playing them backwards.

Marchewka wants to work with the best people in the industry, and so the studio constantly hires new experts. Presumably, this also helps to refill the ranks, since staff turnover is high - in the past couple of months, at least 20 people have left Techland, a studio of 400. That’s five percent of the workforce. Over years, the churn is much worse.

“Techland has a history of hiring people for which the team had ‘high hopes’, but it ended up in nothing,” a source explains. “One such case for the designers was the hiring of Marc Albinet, a former game director from Ubisoft, that was supposed to restructure how design is done in the studio. Even he, a veteran with 30 years of experience, couldn't break through upper management that is harder to change than the spin of the fucking Earth.”

“Whenever an expert starts advising things that are not aligned with the board’s agenda, they slowly get isolated from the project and responsibilities,” another source tells me. “That leads to them leaving or eventually getting fired. To make a career at Techland, you have to be subservient.”
CD Projekt Red, a company Marchewka is allegedly “laser-focused on”.

“His infatuation with CD Projekt is borderline unhealthy,” claims one source, and it’s a sentiment echoed by everyone I speak to. I’m told that Marchewka is constantly pushing for innovation, but he’s also always comparing Techland’s work to other studios and games, with CD Projekt in the crosshairs.

“One of his super strict rules for design is that ‘an idea can't be implemented if it doesn't have an existing reference from another game’,” one source explains.
“Company culture teaches you that you will never get anything approved,” one source explains. “This is actually a well-known joke at Techland that nothing is ever approved including the name of the game. You can be told to redo some work you had approved for a month just because the CEO changed his mind after seeing something on the internet. Then you are being told that you work too slow and you have no skills to deliver any work on time.”

In 2018, a creative copywriter who had been with Techland for five years decided to quit. When he did, Marchewka went over his work on Dying Light’s Steam page and got it completely reworked. This process continued until it was as if the copywriter never existed. There’s a general sense at Techland that nothing is permanent.
Another person who worked on Dying Light 2 for multiple years tells me they “have no idea what the final game will be, or what the story is. It’s changed so much. People kept quitting, getting fired.”
“Techland’s philosophy about design through iteration [that] Pyza presented in [the] Polish article is total bullshit,” another source tells me. “What is going on in Techland is just total chaos, not iteration. There are plenty of examples where there is someone responsible for a given feature - like a game director decides on something - but Pyza and Marchewka just overwrite this because of some bullshit reason, like they've seen something working differently in other games so we can do it like that.”

This happens even when features or work have already been approved by someone senior in Techland’s hierarchy, and it extends beyond big picture things like game vision.

“It could also be something like the shape of spikes on the enemy, how [a certain] AI kicks the player, or some visual aspect where Marchewka will give his famous feedback like, ‘that just looks bad’ or ‘this character looks gay’, which is very useful feedback for specialists who work on such things for years, right? It is 100 percent true that there is nothing written in stone in Techland. Dying Light 2’s story was rewritten like six times or so. It could have worked in Dying Light because the project was smaller, but it makes production for Dying Light 2 - a much bigger project - just impossible to move forward.”

Coax

« Reply #27213 on: February 26, 2021, 04:33:49 AM »
I've seen like two or three trailers for Deathloop by now and they still can't communicate effectively what the real goal is. Is it to keep respawning to kill a particular enemy, kill other players (given it's also a multiplayer), complete a set of objectives? Is it a rogue-lite where some items are kept or upgradable between runs?

All I can tell from these is it has some mechanics and similar art style borrowed from their Dishonored series and there's a general theme of some mechanic that resets a player if they're killed.

Then I go to the Wikipedia synopsis and it explains the actual premise in a few sentences.

Edit: then later they release a video of a dev on screen explaining what you do, clearly, in the first minute :doge
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 02:27:07 AM by Coax »

Svejk

« Reply #27214 on: February 26, 2021, 07:12:32 AM »
In that State of Play, I'm kinda ok what with whatever release dates being shown (if at all).  My backlog is so massive, I need a hefty spoon for fast, effective relief.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #27215 on: February 26, 2021, 08:06:37 AM »
Why do 9 out of 10 people who open or run game studios always have the secret desire to create a concentration camp for nerds :idont
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #27216 on: February 26, 2021, 08:39:15 AM »
You guys are never going to believe this

Son of the legendary Dutch folk singer Rene Froger ( ), Danny Froger gave away all his old N64/SNES/NES games to me for freeee :o :o :o :o

He shared a Tweet if he could make anyone happy with it, and ofcourse I jumped on it. He said as long as I paid shipping he'd send it to me. In the end he didnt even want the shipping costs  :lol What a fucking legendary guy

I have the games of the son of legendary dutch singer  :lawd :mindblown :whew :rejoice :ohhh :gddr5 :drudge :expert
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #27217 on: February 26, 2021, 08:58:23 AM »
Multip!e copies of pokemon stadium? :pika
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #27218 on: February 26, 2021, 10:30:04 AM »
Multip!e copies of pokemon stadium? :pika

Yeah Stadium 1 and 2  :o

Banjo Tooie as well  :o
What

Bebpo

« Reply #27219 on: February 26, 2021, 11:49:49 AM »
woaaaaah

that's awesome

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #27220 on: February 26, 2021, 01:00:33 PM »
Nice score. Shame they're PAL games. I'll give you $5 and a half rolled joint
fat

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #27221 on: February 26, 2021, 01:13:09 PM »
Haha thanks demi. I saw some of those n64 pal games are worth more than the ntsc ones!

prolly not selling em tho :-[
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 01:32:47 PM by MMaRsu »
What

Bebpo

« Reply #27222 on: February 26, 2021, 03:16:23 PM »
So with the whole shuttering of Sony Japan studio outside of Team Astro, and the IP usage being pulled into Sony worldwide,

I actually wonder if this might be good for the IPs. I mean it’s not like Japan studio has been doing anything with their IPs in the last decade. I’d be perfectly fine with a new Ape Escape made by a western studio.

Though apparently there’s something wacky going on with Hot Shots Golf. Clap Hanz trademarked “Clap Hanz Golf” last year, so maybe they’re breaking off and going multi-platform? God, that is a terrible fucking name though.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #27223 on: February 26, 2021, 03:52:33 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #27225 on: February 26, 2021, 10:11:17 PM »
https://twitter.com/PanzerDragoonRE/status/1365255042576625665

Even as a veteran of the franchise, I never played the remake of the original - how was it?
^_^

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27227 on: February 27, 2021, 05:05:14 PM »
https://twitter.com/PanzerDragoonRE/status/1365255042576625665

Even as a veteran of the franchise, I never played the remake of the original - how was it?

Had issues that were fixed after some patches, but a lot of people still didn't like the aesthetic.
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #27228 on: February 27, 2021, 07:16:02 PM »
Just a psa yall should play Valheim that game is awesome
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #27229 on: February 28, 2021, 04:48:00 AM »
RTX 3060 MSRP $329
Europe: 699 Euro

:wut
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #27230 on: February 28, 2021, 05:35:29 AM »
Haha thanks demi. I saw some of those n64 pal games are worth more than the ntsc ones!

prolly not selling em tho :-[

There any more obscure stuff in there? Never heard of Super Dany.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #27231 on: February 28, 2021, 08:25:46 AM »
RTX 3060 MSRP $329
Europe: 699 Euro

:wut

I bought my EVGA 1060 6gb in early 2017 for £215. Exact same model has been selling on ebay for £200-230 the past couple weeks. Feel bad for anyone that needs to build or upgrade right now.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
pls don't die pc
[close]
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Beezy

« Reply #27232 on: February 28, 2021, 11:57:54 AM »
Cryptomining needs a swift death

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #27233 on: February 28, 2021, 02:16:10 PM »
Margs

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #27234 on: February 28, 2021, 05:01:09 PM »
what are people mining profitably with graphics cards? using a mining profits calculator apparently running 24/7 with usd 0.21c per kw/h you could make ~$4 per day per gpu. i guess what you mine now might go up in future? ~$120 a month profit per gpu is fine i guess and the ROI not too bad. must be a lot of hidden little costs and i assume your hardware becomes relatively defunct fairly quickly as complexity increases with more miners on the network if it's clearly profitable. a lotta work for peanuts imo, leave this shit to the asic miners
◕‿◕

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #27235 on: February 28, 2021, 06:28:10 PM »
Cryptomining needs a swift death
just a short coma, so i can buy in.  :doge

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #27236 on: February 28, 2021, 07:24:25 PM »
You have to factor in the money made when they sell off the GPUs to upgrade to the next ones. That was a big part of the calculations I've seen.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #27237 on: February 28, 2021, 07:40:12 PM »
I can still rock my 2070 Super. But it is worrying how this market is evolving.
Without a steady supply of GPU's the relevance of the PC gaming market will fade sooner or later.  :doge

They keep talking about these production and shipping issues but there's aren't a lot of other more complicated products that have this problem.
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #27238 on: February 28, 2021, 08:54:50 PM »
Pretty happy i got my 3070 for 649 euro a month after launch 🤷🏼‍♂️🤗
What

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #27239 on: February 28, 2021, 09:07:04 PM »
pretty happy i got my 3090.  :money