Author Topic: Random talk thread: It just keeps happening  (Read 3450281 times)

lennedsay

• Senior MILF
Re: New Random Talk Thread: Let the Bottom-Feeding Commence!
« Reply #26160 on: October 12, 2014, 11:46:55 AM »
That spider shit is literally the next little town down from me and I'm pretty sure a coworker lives in the subdivision. Pair that with the fact we've found 5 of the biggest wolf spiders inside our house in the last week. And me constantly googling "wolf spider vs brown recluse" to make sure they really are wolf spiders and its not just wishful thinking. Sleeps fucking overrated.
(|)

nudemacusers

« Reply #26161 on: October 12, 2014, 11:49:28 AM »
'hey husband do you want the wardrobe downstairs'

'yeah that would be cool'

'but i want to put the exercise bike right there'

'then why the fuck did you even ask me'   >:(
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #26162 on: October 12, 2014, 11:59:46 AM »
'hey husband do you want the wardrobe downstairs'

'yeah that would be cool'

'but i want to put the exercise bike right there'

'then why the fuck did you even ask me'   >:(

Because she wanted you to say no.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #26163 on: October 12, 2014, 12:03:03 PM »
Yeah I have to routinely determine between hobo spiders and grass spiders. They're pretty damn similar and yet, so very different in danger levels.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #26164 on: October 12, 2014, 06:19:41 PM »
I discovered I have a Goodreads page bookmarked so I don't have to ever see my dashboard again when I want to post a quote or review a book. :rejoice

Not having to see the fucking trolling my ex does on Goodreads. :rejoice

Have an interest in reading books that are so obscure they don't have Wikipedia articles or Amazon links y'all. :rejoice

ZephyrFate

« Reply #26165 on: October 12, 2014, 10:11:07 PM »
Getting sick again, and I JUST got done having strep.  :-\

But an attractive, if a little beefy, singer with a BBC was here performing at the Matt Knight and fucked me twice before having to go on, so that was good. Grindr is truly a magical thing sometimes.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26166 on: October 13, 2014, 12:53:50 AM »
I had two Russian dwarfs my last year of college.

Your are living my dream.  O, hamsters.  Nevermind. 

« Reply #26167 on: October 13, 2014, 03:00:25 AM »
I kinda got annoyed by a friend using #nohomo today. GAF is crippling me socially with all these fucking morals...

ZephyrFate

« Reply #26168 on: October 13, 2014, 05:11:26 AM »
Not just a GAF thing -- the only time no homo is funny is when your token gay friend is in on the joke. Or, alternatively, #nohetero is way funnier.

Kara

« Reply #26169 on: October 13, 2014, 05:30:32 PM »
LLCs are fine legal entities, but whoever started this craze of recommending every small business owner and their ungendered parental figure create one is a fucking crook.

People pay money to form these LLCs, receive no substantive education on how to effectively run one to preserve limited liability, don't even realize they need to do some basic research in order to preserve limited liability, and operate their LLCs so poorly I could pierce their corporate veils in a court and I'm no big city lawya. They're paying LLC fees / taxes and additional tax preparation fees for no purpose at all since one generally forms a legal entity to establish limited liability.

This is to say nothing for my general ambivalence at running a single-member LLC taxed as a partnership, which is how many of the LLCs that fall into this category are setup.

« Reply #26170 on: October 13, 2014, 05:47:29 PM »
Why am I still a Junior after almost 1.5 years.

Bunch of Gays, Blacks and Browns trying to keep the white man down.  :beli

Kara

« Reply #26171 on: October 13, 2014, 05:50:08 PM »
Don't forget the Jews too.

« Reply #26172 on: October 13, 2014, 05:51:46 PM »

Edit: Wait, the Jews just made me a member.

ZephyrFate

« Reply #26173 on: October 14, 2014, 04:02:06 AM »
Why am I still a Junior after almost 1.5 years.

Bunch of Gays, Blacks and Browns trying to keep the white man down.  :beli
you're a cac? gtfo  :yuck :kobeyuck :kobeyuck

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #26174 on: October 14, 2014, 05:29:00 AM »
Use it or lose it, breh. Use it or lose it.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #26175 on: October 14, 2014, 10:06:17 AM »
Yea it's hard to remember shut you don't use in real life. I took plenty of biology classes back when I wanted to be a psychiatrist but now I barely remember any of that stuff.

Kara

« Reply #26176 on: October 14, 2014, 10:45:14 AM »
I took Business Law to get some units two years ago, and I think I vaguely remember what you're talking about. Piercing the corporate veil was something we spent a decent amount of time on. On several occasions I had to resist the urge to say something about "I'll pierce your mom's corporate veil."

How is it possible to read hundreds of pages for a class, get an A in the class, and then forget virtually all of the material? If I could have one upgrade, it would be an absolutely flawless memory where if I learn something once I never forget it. I think there was an alien race in some sci-fi that had that ability. Maybe something in the Star Wars EU? The Empire conscripted these aliens to build Star Destroyers and shit, and these aliens could remember everything they worked on and then reverse-engineer Empire tech from scratch, and ended up with one of the most powerful fleets in the galaxy a decade later. I think.

Remember more about the Star Wars EU than useful business concepts, brehs  :snoop

You have to follow certain formalities for your legal entity to be recognized as legitimately distinct from its owner(s) should it ever be brought to court. The people I'm talking about don't even open separate bank accounts for their LLCs (which is to say nothing of their other more :snoop intermingling of personal and business assets), let alone that they have to hold member meetings that are documented.

(This is my opinion alone and should not be construed as legal advice.) If you follow the basic formalities of an LLC it is a very strong formation for ensuring limited liability because it avoids both the pitfalls of an LP (requiring certain types of partners to surrender their limited liability and be general partners) and a corporation (additional formalities that can be rather onerous for a smaller organization). In my experience their bad reputation as vehicles of limited liability stems more from the general idiocy of people who set them up than the nature of the entity itself.

As for having a sharp memory, it's not all bad, but as someone who experiences 3-5 traumatic Proustian flashbacks a day I can't say it's all it's cracked up to be either. You also just come off as a fucking dweeb a lot.

« Reply #26177 on: October 14, 2014, 03:25:44 PM »
I have a terrible memory, but considering how embarassing some of the things that I DO remember are, I'm not sure I'd prefer a better one.

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #26178 on: October 14, 2014, 05:23:36 PM »
working 12-8 :beli
bent

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #26179 on: October 14, 2014, 05:25:05 PM »
I have a terrible memory, but considering how embarassing some of the things that I DO remember are, I'm not sure I'd prefer a better one.

Pretending you have a poor memory to avoid discussing awkward events of your past when prompted.
:lawd

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #26180 on: October 14, 2014, 07:32:54 PM »

The great thing about this song is it's one of the greatest songs in recorded history (top 100, easy) and it's so simple and dumb.  The human experience is beautiful. Earth!

Kara

« Reply #26181 on: October 14, 2014, 07:58:44 PM »
Come on Barbie, let's go party.

Speaking of, just now I bought a pack of cigarettes for no particular reason (instead of: "I'm going out" or "I'm hanging out with this person I caused to relapse into being a smoker"). Truly I have descended back to my basest state. :rejoice

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #26182 on: October 14, 2014, 09:50:50 PM »
It's only a matter of time until you're masturbating in public.
que

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26183 on: October 14, 2014, 09:54:25 PM »

The great thing about this song is it's one of the greatest songs in recorded history (top 100, easy) and it's so simple and dumb.  The human experience is beautiful. Earth!

I remember singing this song in the car with my mom driving and realized how awkward it was to sing a sexual song in front of my mom.  This is my earliest memory of shame in a long line of memories to come.   

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26184 on: October 14, 2014, 09:57:30 PM »
Also my supervisor calls his group of students Kara group, which makes me think of karakand every time.  This must be what love feels like. 

Kara

« Reply #26185 on: October 14, 2014, 10:02:46 PM »
Are they empty like me too? :goty2

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26186 on: October 14, 2014, 10:05:45 PM »
Its a reference to the episode where Spock gets his brain removed, so kinda ya. 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 10:21:45 PM by TheInfelicitousDandy »

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #26187 on: October 14, 2014, 10:35:35 PM »
shitty 90's eurodance talk?

legoooooooo

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #26188 on: October 14, 2014, 10:43:50 PM »
Aqua wasn't the band we deserved, only the band that we needed.

©@©™

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #26189 on: October 14, 2014, 11:01:00 PM »
CLASSICS

All Around the World top 10 piece of music.

Also, all that 90s high saturation future design in these videos
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:05:17 PM by toku »

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #26190 on: October 14, 2014, 11:11:35 PM »
Topics on this board are so cyclical :lol

Glad to see La Bouche made the first round this time :rock

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #26191 on: October 14, 2014, 11:27:43 PM »
CLASSICS

All Around the World top 10 piece of music.

Also, all that 90s high saturation future design in these videos
the fisheye lens :lawd

:stahp
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:35:00 PM by jakefromstatefarm »

Kara

« Reply #26192 on: October 15, 2014, 04:32:06 PM »
Making interns get you lunch. :aah

Beezy

« Reply #26193 on: October 15, 2014, 07:12:08 PM »
It's not shitty to me dammit! >:(

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #26194 on: October 15, 2014, 07:32:41 PM »
Making interns get you lunch. :aah

you didn't make them pay for it did you
:brazilcry

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26195 on: October 15, 2014, 07:36:21 PM »
No, comrade Intern just shared that which was to be shared.

« Reply #26196 on: October 15, 2014, 08:17:02 PM »
distinguished mentally-challenged thought of the day, inspired by GAF OT (like I said, distinguished mentally-challenged):

I used to think that art pretty much lost its value cause the whole point for several centuries was to challenge the status quo, to push the boundaries. For a while, it felt like there weren't any boundaries left to push. But for the first time in history, it feels like art isn't there to challenge conservatives, but to shock liberals (see the GAF thread on Gone Girl).

I feel like the point could be made more eloquently, but then again, I'm drunk and German.

Anyhow, Aqua rules.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #26197 on: October 15, 2014, 08:31:11 PM »
distinguished mentally-challenged thought of the day, inspired by GAF OT (like I said, distinguished mentally-challenged):

I used to think that art pretty much lost its value cause the whole point for several centuries was to challenge the status quo, to push the boundaries. For a while, it felt like there weren't any boundaries left to push. But for the first time in history, it feels like art isn't there to challenge conservatives, but to shock liberals (see the GAF thread on Gone Girl).

I feel like the point could be made more eloquently, but then again, I'm drunk and German.

Anyhow, Aqua rules.
I'm confused about how it ties into Gone Girl.  Can you explain?  I don't want to go read GAF OT for that.

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #26198 on: October 15, 2014, 08:48:39 PM »
It's not shitty to me dammit! >:(
obligatory qualifier in order to reinforce my hvrdcore certs in case any nigel hipster happens to pass by :shh

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #26199 on: October 15, 2014, 09:11:25 PM »
obligatory qualifier in order to reinforce my hvrdcore certs in case any nigel hipster happens to pass by :shh

you took karakand's bars and now you're taking mine? :fbm

now i know how young chris felt
breh, real talk, I looked this shit up on urbandictionary (:snoop) the other day to see if the term had actual clout or if it was something you coined (:heh @ those being mutually exclusive) and lo and behold: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nigel%20hipster

so either you posted that shit in 2008 (I really wanna believe this) or it spawned convergently from multiple people across the interwebs; either way, it's been 6 and a half years, and that's pretty much public domain by internet standards

in the continuing search for and evolution of a singular forum voice, I co-opt other posters styles to see what fits. I notice how abrasive this can be and will from now on be using the registered trademark logo ™ for all transplanted foreign mannerisms and idiosyncrasies in my posts.
[close]

tangential edit: I am now realizing how redundant "in case any nigel hipster happens" reads :oreilly
pertinent edit: jk, it's right there in the entry: "This termed was coined by the incredibly brilliant Azentrius of the Chicago band Nachtmystium."
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 09:16:28 PM by jakefromstatefarm »

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #26200 on: October 15, 2014, 09:21:16 PM »
pertinent edit: jk, it's right there in the entry: "This termed was coined by the incredibly brilliant Azentrius of the Chicago band Nachtmystium."
Sohh, I'm pretty sure I just torpedoed the hvrdcore certs I was so adamant about protecting .

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #26201 on: October 15, 2014, 11:57:51 PM »
Today I got asked why white people love hard breads, like baguettes and shit.

I didn't know how to answer.

Kara

« Reply #26202 on: October 16, 2014, 12:12:00 AM »
you didn't make them pay for it did you
:brazilcry

No, but I wouldn't give a fuck if I did since they'd be paid for going and getting my lunch and they could deduct the cost of it as a business expenses because ain't no one pay an intern like they're an employee even though they are pretty much a textbook example of an employee for tax purposes. :heh

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26203 on: October 16, 2014, 12:18:38 AM »
goes well with cheese, if it gets old you can make bread puddings, goes well with soups which cacs love etc etc

They also make a good bludgeoning weapon when defending your home against robbers and rapists. 

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #26204 on: October 16, 2014, 12:20:14 AM »
bread pervert from conan obrian show

« Reply #26205 on: October 16, 2014, 06:36:37 AM »

Anyhow, Aqua rules.
I'm confused about how it ties into Gone Girl.  Can you explain?  I don't want to go read GAF OT for that.

Some people didn't like the portrayal of the female main character.

Here's a short article that discusses the topic, including massive spoilers for the film:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/gone-girl-misogyny-claims-reflect-an-attitude-that-is-the-enemy-of-art-1.1961023

Kara

« Reply #26206 on: October 16, 2014, 09:52:40 AM »
Art :heh

e: Holy shit, comparing this :trash to Anna K and Madame Bovary at the end. :dead

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #26207 on: October 16, 2014, 12:58:50 PM »

Anyhow, Aqua rules.

Some people didn't like the portrayal of the female main character.

Here's a short article that discusses the topic, including massive spoilers for the film:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/gone-girl-misogyny-claims-reflect-an-attitude-that-is-the-enemy-of-art-1.1961023
Jesus Christ. Is there a large amount of gaffers that agree with this viewpoint?

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #26208 on: October 16, 2014, 03:03:38 PM »
People think SJWs/feminists/whatever word of the hour want to take things away when all it boils down to is "can we get some portrayals of women as something other than the usual crap?" The fact that this is so contentious speaks volumes.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #26209 on: October 16, 2014, 03:17:52 PM »
dunno, that kickstarter chick sounds like she wants to ban a variety of things, and doesn't think her fans should watch offensive things unless she gives them the ok.

:hitler

this is not a gamergate heel turn. I just watched a video of hers and was  :holeup
[close]

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #26210 on: October 16, 2014, 03:20:46 PM »
dunno, that kickstarter chick sounds like she wants to ban a variety of things, and doesn't think her fans should watch offensive things unless she gives them the ok.

this is not a gamergate heel turn. I just watched a video of hers and was  :holeup
[close]

Some are kind of trippy, can't deny their existence, For the most part though it's usually like "can I get a woman who isn't someone's romantic interest and isn't a flat character?"

I mean one of the reasons I really enjoy the Wire is that for the most part the female characters seem like fleshed out people. In most things, it's pretty much the same round of types.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #26211 on: October 16, 2014, 04:11:27 PM »

[close]

Some are kind of trippy, can't deny their existence, For the most part though it's usually like "can I get a woman who isn't someone's romantic interest and isn't a flat character?"

I mean one of the reasons I really enjoy the Wire is that for the most part the female characters seem like fleshed out people. In most things, it's pretty much the same round of types.

Yea that's true. I don't fuck with videogames but I watched the TV based ones. There are women tropes concerning female characters, but TV is full of tropes in general. I wouldn't look to shitty network shows like Buffy for much innovation or risk taking. :hitler

The Wire not only does female characters well, it does gay characters well in part because their gender and/or sexual preference aren't the sole (or dominant) determining factors for them as characters. There's nothing wrong with "stereotypical" gay or female characters because they represent people who exist in real life...but when television is full of them (flamboyant gay men in comedies for instance) it becomes an issue imo.

The issue I had with the videos was that she seems to break characters down into micro tropes to explain every single character (warrior chick, calm chick, etc) on a surface level. To me that's just asinine.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #26212 on: October 16, 2014, 04:14:26 PM »
That's getting to be too much yeah. Although I will say warrior chick while badass tends to just be the most boring because her personality is basically a wet paper towel.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #26213 on: October 16, 2014, 06:07:39 PM »
That's getting to be too much yeah. Although I will say warrior chick while badass tends to just be the most boring because her personality is basically a wet paper towel.
ScarJo in the Marvel multiverse.  SO.BORING

Kara

« Reply #26214 on: October 16, 2014, 07:08:30 PM »

Females. :ferengi:

All in good fun. :whew
[close]

Kara

« Reply #26215 on: October 16, 2014, 08:46:50 PM »
shitpost

Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.
[close]

^icecubeshutupmisogynisticslur.gif

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #26216 on: October 16, 2014, 10:37:52 PM »
I've been trying to think up a good troll angle for Kara for weeks now, but I can't come up with anything that would get a rage reaction. anything would just inspire more depression-posting or needless tedious parsing.
pcp

Kara

« Reply #26217 on: October 17, 2014, 12:46:00 AM »
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #26218 on: October 17, 2014, 12:49:33 AM »
He's talking about something he did in Cleveland in the 1930's.

Here buddy, enjoy some CFPB mockery:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134695576&postcount=1140
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=134706097#post134706097

nudemacusers

« Reply #26219 on: October 17, 2014, 12:53:39 AM »

Females. :ferengi:

All in good fun. :whew
[close]
actually I think female as an adjective is ok, plural nouns are a minefield.

ie 'black guy' vs 'the blacks'
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽