Author Topic: Random talk thread: It just keeps happening  (Read 3331628 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: New Random Talk Thread: Let the Bottom-Feeding Commence!
« Reply #30780 on: November 28, 2017, 01:36:45 AM »
Back from the night shift.
Yeah I'm not gonna do that on the regular, even with the increased pay...
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30781 on: November 28, 2017, 01:37:54 AM »
It’s the orgasm and the release of dopamine that helps, not the act

Weed, wank, water, shower, nap = best hang over cure

I'm partial to aspirin and taking a nap in a hot bath while it takes effect.
ὕβρις

skullstorm

« Reply #30782 on: November 29, 2017, 02:30:43 AM »
The celebrity sexual harassment thread is not on the first page :o What could this mean?!

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #30783 on: November 29, 2017, 02:36:55 AM »
CUM DRENCHED TITS :rock

Corporal

« Reply #30784 on: November 29, 2017, 01:07:17 PM »
!list

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #30785 on: November 29, 2017, 07:56:56 PM »
Anyone know a reputable site to get a tapeworm pill? I want to try the tapeworm diet.
serge

kingv

« Reply #30786 on: November 30, 2017, 01:40:11 PM »
I’ve had a bad cough and got a prescription for that lean. I have no idea how some of y’all drink 2ozs of that stuff in one go though.

Doesn’t it just instantly knock your ass out?

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #30787 on: December 01, 2017, 09:26:18 AM »
Anyone know a reputable site to get a tapeworm pill? I want to try the tapeworm diet.
Oddly enough, I've heard that parasitic infection also prevents allergic symptoms from expressing, and I've been mainlining Enterprise, so symbiotic animals being used for cures seems very attractive right now.

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #30788 on: December 01, 2017, 11:48:43 PM »
I'm going to share something batshit crazy with you all since I feel like we're starting to gel now - and something ive been thinking about for a long time that I feel I need to get off my chest and random strangers on the internet is the best to do this because i would get laughed at irl.

I helped Maria sharapova win wimbledon 2004.

I was a young sad, lonely 14 year old boy. I lived with my grandparents, who were out all day, so that meant I got to steal the livingroom tv which had cable at the time. I was never a tennis fan, but flicking through the channels the live feed for the wimbledon match sharapova vs williams came on - when I saw sharapova I had a crush instantly, and learned she was 17, not much older than me ! :o

I dont know what came over me, I started shouting at the tv, as if I was trying to speak to her directly. I was keeping her updated on the scores ( so she could focus and not be distracted by looking away), reassuring her whenever she made a fumble, going nuts when she won a point, and generally giving her moral support the whole time.

By the end, Maria did amazing and won. From her focus to the stupid hints i tried to leave to test to see if she could actually hear me or not - I was pretty convinced she could hear me the whole time. I did something really sad, i recognise that now, so please dont laugh too much. I told her my name, and slowly told her my phoned number over and over  (i had a mobile back then).  Could not fucking believe my eyes, after hugging her dad, she does a b-line for her phone! Any rational person would think shes going to call someone shes close to but is not there - like her mum, but 14-year old me, especially after seeing he spend a randomly long amount of time fiddling with her phone before trying to make a call - obviously thought she was putting in my number.

So, I did one more test...

I told her "You can thank me if you want, but please dont say my name" - just before she was about to commence the post-match interview. Obviously in moments like these, the winner likes to remind everyone who helped them by shouting them out as thank. I know you're not going to believe me when I say this, but this is 100% fact. At the very end of that list of thank yous, she said " And I want to thank one more person, i wont say who you are, but you know who you are". I know right?

WHAT THE FUCK?[/color][/glow][/b]

So the show ended, and I was left in a state of disbelief. I sat there looking at my phone, no notifications. Was I being an actual dumb fuck? I went into my room to play some melee and fall asleep. I thought about it for a few days after, but then life took over and a few weeks passed and I was on holiday at my grandparents caravan up north.

My grandparents were out to the market so I thought - being alone, I would chill with some burnout 3. As I was playing, my mobile - which was in my left pocket - went off. Someone was calling, as I pull the phone out my pocket, I quickly read the screen. It's an unknown number, but its weird, it doesnt look like a UK number. Back then, mobile numbers were not so spammed by telemarketers as they were landlines, and websites werent so desperate to try get as much personal info as possible. So really the only people who had my number were my family and friends from school. Plus it wasnt a company or premium number either, I cant remember what it looked like, but best guess would be a foreign area code.

When I saw that foreign number, my heart stopped, the thought of it actually being Maria Sharapova lasted for about half a second before my mind was dominated with "what if someone near by heard you back then, and is playing a prank on you? you were pretty loud.", but i couldn't not answer it, right?

So I answered the call, put it to my ear, "Hello is this Greg?" in a motherfucking russian accent. But it didnt sound exactly like her on the tv, so I was like nah fuck this shit mentally me response was rather aggressive "what is this a fucking prank? FUCK OFF". And hung up.

That was the only time that number ever called me.

In the years to follow, I wouldnt think about it so much, just from time to time. I've always pinned it as a prank, but I just can't help but think, really? I mean, it was a foreign number, and I lived next to an elderly couple and family gang house who knew nothing about technology. Anything past those houses you wouldnt have heard me clearly enough, and anyway, if it was a prank, would they really have given up after one try after going to all that effort?

I just dont fucking know man, what if, y'know?

There used to be a video on youtube of the full match with the post match interview, but its gone I think. When I find it, I will update this story, so if you have doubts that my intentions behind this post are genuine, hopefully you will see how this story fits into place. So far the best I could I find is a clip of her going for her phone (but this really lacks context of the whole event) and an interview where she tries to over explain being on her phone for so long by forgetting her mum would be on a flight at that time - but no - I want you to see the actual event.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #30789 on: December 02, 2017, 01:09:11 AM »
Didn't read any of that. :rejoice
que

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #30790 on: December 02, 2017, 01:17:04 AM »
1:14:11 to 1:24:30

the thanks is at: 1:22:30

gets phone at: 1:17:34

(seems what I said, she had said when saying thanks, was a bit wrong. What she said still holds, even better arguably.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1k3c7q

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #30791 on: December 02, 2017, 01:17:39 AM »
Didn't read any of that. :rejoice

its worth it. pls

edit: I would do a tl;dr but it doesnt do it justice.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #30792 on: December 02, 2017, 08:53:33 AM »
I met Kate Bush in a bed-and-breakfast once, it was a dream. She and I sang a duet together, improvised on the fly. It was glorious. Then I remembered it was a dream, so I asked for her phone number. Even wrote it down, worried I'd forget her number; stuffed the note in my jeans' front pocket.

I left those jeans in the dream.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #30793 on: December 02, 2017, 11:42:24 AM »
It could have been ghosts.
©@©™

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #30794 on: December 02, 2017, 12:40:59 PM »
fuck knows, this will be one of life's greatest unanswered questions.

edit: i will go to my grave defending that story as 100% true from my perspective, all i want is one person to believe me :(

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #30795 on: December 02, 2017, 12:51:40 PM »
tl;dr = a 14 year old boy yelled at a TV and thought the people on the other side could hear him
dog

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #30796 on: December 02, 2017, 12:55:15 PM »
said like that it sounds unbelievable.

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #30797 on: December 02, 2017, 01:33:39 PM »
said like that it sounds unbelievable.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #30798 on: December 02, 2017, 06:21:00 PM »
all i want is one person to believe me :(

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #30799 on: December 02, 2017, 09:07:19 PM »
I'm not saying she actually heard me (but i want to believe) but the story is true. Fuck u guys.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30800 on: December 03, 2017, 12:26:20 AM »
I mean I'm sure your rational mind already came to the same conclusions but really your story amounts to a victory speech featuring an anonymous shout out (not exactly that uncommon) and receiving an unknown call from someone with an accent weeks after from a number you assume is foreign even though you can't remember it, not that it would be anything less than mundane anyway in a country as multicultural as the UK.

Not to look down on you or anything, despite being a materialist and rationalist there's plenty of times I was troubled by déjŕ-vu (of the prescient dreams variety) and I know how strong the guts feeling can be for those despite how tenuous the evidence is.

Your tale is at least grandiose and cute.
ὕβρις

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #30801 on: December 03, 2017, 06:31:06 AM »
In the time it took you to write up this giant wall of text, you could have posted some memes in the meme thread or several witty one-liners in the Other Forums thread or elsewhere and it probably would have netted you more probs than what you got for this story :idont

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #30802 on: December 03, 2017, 11:20:24 AM »
im not looking for props

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #30803 on: December 03, 2017, 12:29:30 PM »
im not looking for props

Fair enough. It's just that your story reminded me of those I used to read on GAF - back when the mood there was less serious and agitated, and people embellished or outright invented shit to fish for a silly tag.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #30804 on: December 03, 2017, 12:57:05 PM »
I fucking told you guys. Novid infected the forum with his nutso shit and now it's spreading. In a few weeks we'll all be infected, babbling at each other about frogs spreading gay chemtrails

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #30805 on: December 03, 2017, 01:11:59 PM »
im not looking for props

Fair enough. It's just that your story reminded me of those I used to read on GAF - back when the mood there was less serious and agitated, and people embellished or outright invented shit to fish for a silly tag.

apparently i can update my own tag, i noticed it when i went from junior to member.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #30806 on: December 03, 2017, 01:27:33 PM »
My wife's Idaho Conservative Mormon Friend's son is doing a project in high school about immigration and asked to interview me about my immigration experience.   Poor boy is going to get an in depth education about immigration that will blow his "build a wall" mind

:cody

Btw how'd this end up going? Assuming it's already happened, that is

Raist

« Reply #30807 on: December 03, 2017, 07:08:23 PM »
I fucking told you guys. Novid infected the forum with his nutso shit and now it's spreading. In a few weeks we'll all be infected, babbling at each other about frogs spreading gay chemtrails

Frogs are fucking delicious tho.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #30808 on: December 03, 2017, 09:40:17 PM »
im not looking for props

You're looking for validation, via other people's belief, of something that was uniquely personal. If you truly believe that it happened, if your faith is unshakeable that it is true, you wouldn't need external validation. What's bothering you is your own doubt.

I've had weird stuff happen in my life (not that Kate Bush story — that was just a dream), and I know what I experienced. It doesn't matter to me if anyone agrees with me stating what I experienced.

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #30809 on: December 03, 2017, 09:52:48 PM »
The driving factor is not validation of truth. but cheers tho.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #30810 on: December 04, 2017, 10:10:04 AM »
Years ago I showed my dick to Jackie Guerrido on TV when she had a scandalously  low cut minidress on one day. I rubbed it against the TV and as I did she got all flustered on air. I knew it was because she suddenly felt my lust from thousands of miles away.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #30811 on: December 04, 2017, 10:24:06 AM »
tbh, I thought that story was copypasta when I first read it, and now I'm not sure how to feel
©@©™

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #30812 on: December 04, 2017, 12:50:43 PM »
My wife's Idaho Conservative Mormon Friend's son is doing a project in high school about immigration and asked to interview me about my immigration experience.   Poor boy is going to get an in depth education about immigration that will blow his "build a wall" mind

:cody

Btw how'd this end up going? Assuming it's already happened, that is
The latest is the my wife went back and said, "Sure, but you should be aware. My husband is honest and will tell you exactly what it's like." Her friend said that'd be fine and that her son will compile a list of questions. Haven't heard from her since LOL.
que

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #30813 on: December 04, 2017, 05:34:41 PM »
The "Like" button works on macOS Chrome, but is now broken on macOS Safari, so I'm done liking your guys' stuff.

The driving factor is not validation of truth. but cheers tho.
I'm sure every religious fanatic out there would give this identical answer. Thanks, tho.

skullstorm

« Reply #30814 on: December 07, 2017, 04:12:50 PM »
I'd really, really, really like to punch Jason Silva.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #30815 on: December 08, 2017, 08:38:37 PM »
This is weird. I never really liked acoustic guitar much but lately I've been feeling it... :doge

Maybe I'm just getting older or some shit... :doge

It starts with Stairway To Heaven, but before you know it you’re jamming to this:
https://m.

Then one day, you go to the bathroom and sit down to pee. You hear a sploosh sound in the toilet, look down and realize your cock fell right off.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
great song:
https://m.
[close]

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #30816 on: December 08, 2017, 10:26:35 PM »
my secret is I only like posts I jerk off to, except in the NSFW thread. That one I like posts with artistic vision.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #30817 on: December 10, 2017, 03:35:04 PM »
hey, what'cha doin' on your computer?

what's a computer?  :doge

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #30818 on: December 10, 2017, 05:42:50 PM »
I'm beginning to think that Twitter needs to be paid attention to a little bit less. Too much news is written with the eye pointed toward the Twitter reaction.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 11:44:49 PM by zomgee »
rub

Bebpo

« Reply #30819 on: December 11, 2017, 02:59:10 AM »
Just got back to So Cal from my New Orleans trip. Had its ups & downs. On the positives, I learned so much history, it's such a unique and interesting historical area because of the melting pot of creole/cajun/black/white/indian culture in the earlier years. Every tour I went on was great and very informative. At night I'd be on wikipedia further looking up all kinds of stuff. The people are also awesome. I took a lot of Lyft rides outside the French Quarter and every driver I met was really great and we had interesting conversations. Music, of course was everywhere and tons of great jazz. Some pretty good seafood/creole food too although I got some reservations about the food (lack of variety in cuisine and everything outside Creole/Cajun food was kinda mediocre compared to So Cal food imo). Also, some cool architecture.

What I didn't like so much was the melting pot of styles creates a really weird clashing aesthetic. Like you have classic antebellum exteriors, french style exteriors, basically none of the streets match and every street is a mish-mash of styles, then you have the olden look but then modern tourists everywhere and people hawking crap, and people playing cool jazz on the street and the most hipster-stuff I've ever seen on the street (ie, hipster dudes typing poems on typewriters or playing giant chess in the middle of the street to a crowd). Like unlike some older historic district-type places I've been to in Boston or Charleston, the city feels clashing and I never felt like "oh man, what a classic historical area".

And I hated the shit out of Bourbon street. Just tons of crowds of drunk tourists and bars. It's basically just Vegas street. Maybe if you're a big bar person it's cool, but since I'm not a bar person and not really a crowd person, I couldn't wait to get off Bourbon every time I passed it. Also the weather was crap but the whole east coast got that snowy freezing cold front, so that's not really a New Orleans thing and was just bad timing for a trip unfortunately. Still went and did everything but just froze my ass off doing it.

Glad I went and gained a lot of good knowledge and picked up some new food & drinks that I dig. Probably wouldn't go back though. Not really my scene, although I liked Frenchman Street which reminded me of a cooler, more musical, Santa Ana by me. If I went back I'd stay on Frenchman rather than French Quarter.

And it's always nice to get away for a bit. Always seems to give some time for self-reflection on life and energy to make changes back at home.

Oh and Beignets ended up growing on me by the 3rd try  :lol

Himu

« Reply #30820 on: December 11, 2017, 03:10:25 AM »
Try heading back in March so you can be there for crawfish season (late Feb to May). I hope you had jambalaya.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #30821 on: December 11, 2017, 03:41:51 AM »
I did!

Actually, I eat a lot of seafood, been eating shrimp, lobster, crab my whole life...but I had never ate a crawfish until this trip. THEY ARE THE BEST! I actually prefer the taste of them to shrimp/lobster/crab and am gonna try finding them or Crawfish Etouffee in So Cal. Also had some really good Gator tail which I hadn't had in like 20 years. We used to have a place that did blackened gator down here and the owner was a friend of the family, but they eventually went out of business because there wasn't a market. Grew up eating gator there as a kid but yeah they closed like 20 years ago and I hadn't had it since.  Was so good here!

Also had a pretty good sandwich at this super hipster place that's highly rated, Turkey & the Wolf. And had some excellent catfish.

One thing that was weird is the shrimp in New Orleans taste funny coming from California shrimp. Like even plain, no seasoning, no breading, it tastes weird in a not good way to me. I noticed this at two different places before I stopped ordering shrimp. My friend who was with me thought the same. Might just be that CA shrimp is from Baja CA usually and New Orleans shrimp is from Gulf of Mexico and they're different species of shrimp or something, but wasn't a fan.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #30822 on: December 12, 2017, 01:25:35 AM »
My wife's family has this traditional shortbread cookie recipe they've made for centuries and they're really quite amazing. They've been featured in the news. And she makes them during christmas mainly. I call them "Heisenbergs" because they're really above and beyond anything else in the market. (She's taken to sprinkling them with blue sugar). Anyhoo, I gotta go into my corporate office tomorrow, might be the last time before christmas and my wife just made a batch of Heisenbergs and I was like "You know, I should take some into the office." Then I proceed to taste one and was like "On second thought, no one there deserves these."
que

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #30823 on: December 12, 2017, 06:28:56 AM »
My wife's family has this traditional shortbread cookie recipe they've made for centuries and they're really quite amazing. They've been featured in the news. And she makes them during christmas mainly. I call them "Heisenbergs" because they're really above and beyond anything else in the market. (She's taken to sprinkling them with blue sugar). Anyhoo, I gotta go into my corporate office tomorrow, might be the last time before christmas and my wife just made a batch of Heisenbergs and I was like "You know, I should take some into the office." Then I proceed to taste one and was like "On second thought, no one there deserves these."

Send one to me, they are my countries cookies, i am a fair judge.

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #30824 on: December 12, 2017, 06:54:25 PM »
why is google earth showing 0 ice at the north pole? (except greenland and surrounding areas), Apparently the north pole is all sea?

archnemesis

« Reply #30825 on: December 13, 2017, 12:42:02 AM »
why is google earth showing 0 ice at the north pole? (except greenland and surrounding areas), Apparently the north pole is all sea?
There is no land mass there and the ice keep shifting. My guess is that they don't want to give people the wrong idea by showing old and inaccurate data. The satellite coverage over the North Pole is probably quite sparse.

skullstorm

« Reply #30826 on: December 14, 2017, 02:37:46 PM »
Does the image width thing work here yet? At least some time ago it wasn't working and now I'm hesitant to post pics while on my phone  :-\

Himu

« Reply #30827 on: December 16, 2017, 01:51:09 AM »

really good video
IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #30828 on: December 16, 2017, 02:16:52 AM »
 :dunno

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #30829 on: December 16, 2017, 03:20:28 AM »
That video is first grade catholic school stuff.
serge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #30830 on: December 18, 2017, 11:56:19 PM »
Man, a lot of my friends that call themselves feminist have turned hard against trans women. WTF?
que

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #30831 on: December 19, 2017, 12:23:19 AM »
russians.

(was going to make a whole post about it, but cba as someone will want to cut me)

Raist

« Reply #30832 on: December 19, 2017, 08:34:54 AM »
Man, a lot of my friends that call themselves feminist have turned hard against trans women. WTF?

I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of self-professed feminists viewed trans women as a conspiracy from The Patriarchy™.

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #30833 on: December 19, 2017, 11:02:56 AM »
too many penises in the girls cult.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #30834 on: December 19, 2017, 05:02:55 PM »

I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of self-professed feminists viewed trans women as a conspiracy from The Patriarchy™.
You're not kidding. They're like "trans women are just the physical manifestation of patriarchal gender roles."

I just can't.
que

Corporal

« Reply #30835 on: December 19, 2017, 09:19:59 PM »
Ah, good old "left eating itself" bullshit again. Wouldn't want to have it any other way. Let's fracture into a million opposing -but ideologically pure- factions so that we can better deal with the united front of the status quo and the right. What's the worst that could happen? :-\

spoiler (click to show/hide)
....I'm making the assumption, of course, that a (formerly) trans-accepting pro-female group is politically left-leaning, even if ever so slightly. I feel confident in that guess.
[close]
!list

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #30836 on: December 19, 2017, 09:50:00 PM »

...are they white

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #30837 on: December 19, 2017, 11:59:53 PM »
Of course.
que

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #30838 on: December 20, 2017, 02:09:48 AM »
I only ask because white feminism is bare minimum garbage

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #30839 on: December 20, 2017, 02:34:51 AM »
They're called TERFs.

Something you'd know if you weren't a lowly professor of psychology rather than a student of a real field.