Author Topic: Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi/Whatever Warriors Thread  (Read 368456 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: Samurai Warriors 4 II Announced
« Reply #1680 on: January 20, 2015, 01:13:03 PM »
Today, Capcom announced Sengoku Basara 4: Sumeragi, an updated version of the game, which will also be on PS4. Details from this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine reveal that the game will have a collaboration with Tales of Zestiria. [Thanks, Game Jouhou.]

While the magazine didn’t go too far into specific details, it reports that the collaboration with Tales of Zestiria will include costumes of Sorey, Mikleo, and others for Sengoku Basara 4: Sumeragi.

We’ve yet to hear anything about a Sengoku Basara collaboration on the Tales of Zestiria side, but with the game releasing in two days, we might hear of one last surprise before its launch.

Additionally, the magazine reveals three new generals that will be playable in Sengoku Basara 4: Sumeragi.

Ashikaga Yoshiteru: He was an NPC in the original game, but he’ll be back using a sceptor as a special form-changing weapon with different modes between katana, spear, and bow. A certain skill will bring out a roulette, which changes the style depending on what you get.

Sen no Rikyu: Rikyu will fight using a fan, and is said to have some sort of split-personality disorder going on, which changes according to the type of move you use.

Kyugoku Maria: She was also an NPC in the original game, but she’ll be playable this time around, using her long cloths as whip-like weapons.

Finally, the game will also introduce a “Battle Roulette” system. This system will have a roulette appear on the screen upon meeting certain conditions, and depending on what you get, it’ll give you a different way to play. You can collect medals from the roulette, and can be exchanged for special items, with a total of 167 of them to collect.

Sengoku Basara 4: Sumeragi will release in Japan this summer for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3. The PS4 version will run in full HD and 60fps.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/20/sengoku-basara-4-sumeragi-collaborates-tales-zestiria/#fQSzcJPkEOx0Lc8Z.99
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi And SW4-II Announced
« Reply #1681 on: January 22, 2015, 10:48:38 PM »
I decided to replay Hyrule Warriors and give it another chance.  I initially did not like it because it seems so simple compared to WO3 Ultimate.  I'm liking it a lot better the second time around but it is a B-tier Musou game.  Reminds me a lot of Dynasty Warriors 8: kind of a step back but it's good enough.  It probably doesn't help that I don't give two shits about Zelda lore or fan service.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1682 on: January 23, 2015, 08:01:23 AM »
It has a lot more content than it seems, which I like.  All the DLC adds up to essentially be a $20 'XL' pack for the game.  I need to get back to it and play through the challenge maps, since there's more weapons to unlock (some of them essentially turn Link into different characters), but we're coming up on more musou in February and I don't want to burn out on these games.
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1683 on: January 24, 2015, 07:45:28 AM »
True.  I think that was another reason why I didn't care much for Hyrule Warriors the first time: I just started playing it right after I was done with WO3 Ultimate.  This time around, I took a couple month break from gaming before getting into it again.
🍆🍆

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1684 on: January 28, 2015, 08:16:33 AM »
I beat the main game and that was decent but short lived (took me maybe 8 hours).  Got the 1,000 KO Gold Skulltulas on all of the stages.  The Challenge maps are kind of annoying, mostly because in some of the stages, you are limited to who you can use.  Naturally for the most part they tend to be characters I barely use and I get my ass kicked.  I can go to the Training Dojo to boost their levels but it seems like what I have to do eventually is replay stages over and over again until they're leveled enough to win their stages.  Musou games can be massive time sinks and I'm not sure Hyrule Warriors is worth the probable 80-100 hour investment to clear the maps.

Also for the Twilight Princess map, why does the map use NES/8-bit sprites?  I bought the overall DLC so I believe we're getting a Majora's Mask stage next month if I recall correctly.

I think I'm ready to shelve this game for a while.  I'll return to it later, complete the challenge maps, and get the hard mode gold skulltulas.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1685 on: January 28, 2015, 08:34:03 AM »
Yep, next month is Majora's Mask stuff including playable Kid Link and...Tingle.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1686 on: February 02, 2015, 08:27:52 AM »
New Dragon Quest Heroes footage.  This has no Western release date yet.

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1687 on: February 02, 2015, 08:30:32 AM »
The attacks in this game are just getting crazier and crazier.   :lol

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1688 on: February 12, 2015, 09:20:45 AM »
Sengoku Musou 4-II is out, but I can't get an early read on how the game is.  I checked the KoeiWarriors forum for the game and just found some dude bitching and whining that the game sucks because you can't transfer your SM4 data over.  Not sure why anyone would have expected that when this game completely changed up the leveling/progression system and weapon attritubes.   :dizzy  You can import your edit characters though.

My copies just arrived and I do have my Vita with me at work, so maybe I'll get a chance to check it on during a break or at lunch.

Refresher on the changes:

Hyper attacks will be more effective when ally morale is high. Certain areas on the battlefield are fortified to inhibit these attacks.
    Enemy AI has been further reworked to match the player character's movements. Maps appear to have friendlier camera work for horse riding than before.
    Stats and personal skills can be learned for each character by using experience points on a grid in a manner resembling Conquest Mode.
    Character attributes receive a special boost if equipped armaments share the same attributes. It is possible to surpass maximum capacity for weapons and so forth in this title.
    War scrolls can be used to instantly implement weapon skills onto a weapon. The pace for adding skills have been altered. New skills are included in the game.
    Mounts can be strengthened to have additional attributes.
    Edit characters from the vanilla title can be transferred into this game through save data. They can be used in Free Mode and Infinite Castle Mode.
    Offline and online co-op is available for all modes.
    Event scenes have rotatable 3D backdrops and revised special effects.
    Downloadable content so far includes costumes.

Disregarding the edit characters, players cannot directly transfer their Samurai Warriors 4 save data into this game; having it at the start of their game rewards 10,000 gold and all twenty war scrolls.

Playable character debuting in this entry:

Naomasa Ii

Stages

New stages include:

Kuzegawa
    Honzugawa Gate
    Kizugawa
    Kai Province
    Koshu

Story Mode reverts to a style reminiscent to previous titles with thirteen character centric stories. Each chapter has a distinguished protagonist with partner interactions different from the vanilla title. Players are still free to choose whoever they desire for the five stages seen in each narrative.

Infinite Castle Mode

Fusion of previous games' Survival and Challenge Modes. It is split into two sub-headings: Main and Annex. Both regulate players to one character.

Main is a survival based experience. Complete various objectives on each floor to proceed up the castle. Enemies become stronger on higher levels yet they drop better rewards if defeated. Players can quit the castle climb by choosing the escape option available every ten levels.

Annex is the challenge section with four selections available.

Warrior Room - Defeat as many enemies as possible within the time limit.
    Gold Room - Hit enemies to collect a mountain of gold before time runs out.
    Tempest Room - Race for record time whilst avoiding or stopping any obstacles in the way.
    Deathmatch Room - High difficulty room where enemies can instantly kill players in a single hit. Complete the other three rooms with a certain score to unlock.

Players can post their rankings online and compete for high scores. War scrolls can be easily purchased in this mode's shop.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 09:29:25 AM by bork laser »
ど助平

kick51

« Reply #1689 on: February 12, 2015, 10:25:22 AM »
bought Hyrule Warriors, haven't played it yet.  seems like a shallow but fun + addicting game with lots of content.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1690 on: February 13, 2015, 08:19:00 AM »
Did not get much of a chance to play SM4-II last night-- we've been house hunting and had to rush out to see a place right when I wanted to settle in and start playing this, lol.  It's funny...I got Sengoku Musou 4 right when we were moving into our current place...and now I'm getting 4-II as we're moving out.

Anyway, had enough time to mess around in the Infinite Castle and played through a stage in Naotora Ii's route.  (I know this is a normal thing in Koei musou games and we've seen this before in Dynasty Warriors, but it's just weird how Naomasa is running around with his adopted mother Naotora, who looks younger than him.)  At first glance, the game seems largely the same.  You pick a route and then can choose two characters from a group on each level.  The big difference that is apparently right away is the level progression system.  Each character now has a HUGE stat board that can be leveled up.  It's nothing like SM4 and it makes sense why data doesn't carry over because of this.  It's been said that enemy AI was improved, but on normal, I didn't see a difference.  Will try a harder setting next time.  Infinite Castle is pretty fun.  The main castle seems to a survival mode of sorts with multiple floors and a time limit counting down. 

Visually the game looks unsurprisingly the same as SM4.  Maybe it has just been a while, but it seemed like the Vita version looked a bit better.  The framerate actually seemed a little worse on both the PS4 and Vita versions, but was good overall.

I still need to play a lot more to get a real feel for this, or rather to determine exactly how much -or how little- it really differs from its predecessor.
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #1691 on: February 16, 2015, 11:47:55 AM »
Just hit 50 hours in Hyrule Warriors.  :fbm

Shit's addictive.

archie4208

« Reply #1692 on: February 19, 2015, 09:26:13 PM »
https://steamdb.info/sub/60128/

SW4-II might be coming to PC.  :omg

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1693 on: February 20, 2015, 08:10:45 AM »
 :jawalrus
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1694 on: February 20, 2015, 12:52:51 PM »
Next week!
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1695 on: February 25, 2015, 09:09:39 AM »
fat

kick51

« Reply #1696 on: February 25, 2015, 10:13:48 AM »
nice!  but now i don't want to play my copy of Hyrule Warriors because I feel like if I get heavily into one of them, I'll burn out and won't want to play the others  :'(

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1697 on: February 25, 2015, 10:14:23 AM »
Why? This isnt coming out for a while yet.
fat

archie4208

« Reply #1698 on: February 25, 2015, 10:41:53 AM »
PS4 exclusive in the west.  :fbm

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1699 on: February 25, 2015, 10:47:03 AM »
Understandable, but you'd think they'd release the PS3 version digitally over here.

My import copy is supposed to arrive tomorrow.  I bet the weather problems will delay that by a day or three.
ど助平

cool breeze

« Reply #1700 on: February 25, 2015, 01:21:24 PM »
missed opportunity to release it as Dragon Warriors

kick51

« Reply #1701 on: February 25, 2015, 01:36:52 PM »

from what I understand, these games have unlimited content but are kinda shallow, so I might get sick of the gameplay style with just one of them. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1702 on: February 25, 2015, 01:56:30 PM »

from what I understand, these games have unlimited content but are kinda shallow, so I might get sick of the gameplay style with just one of them.

Do you get sick of other genres like that?  If not and you play Hyrule Warriors now, I doubt you're going to feel burnt out on musou when you try DQH months down the road.  There are also subtle differences in the way all these Omega Force/Koei developed games play from one another.  Hyrule Warriors has some familiar Zelda elements to it that none of these other games have.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1703 on: February 25, 2015, 02:08:27 PM »
Dragon Quest Heroes stream: http://www.twitch.tv/asami85
ど助平

kick51

« Reply #1704 on: February 25, 2015, 03:25:10 PM »
I can get burnt out, but ill give hyrule warriors a try at so.e point.

And i remember asami85 from some fgc stream...finestko maybe?  The weeb to end all weebs :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1705 on: February 26, 2015, 11:36:34 PM »
Played Dragon Quest Heroes for the first time tonight.  This has to be the slowest-paced musou game, in terms of getting all the various game play elements, that I've ever played.  It took a solid hour for all of the mechanics to be introduced and initially I was pretty bored with the game.  You start out killing a few enemy types with a very limited moveset and then mindlessly slash away at a dragon boss after a few levels.  But as various systems started getting introduced, things got a lot more fun. 

You start off by selecting either a male or female main character.  These appear to be essentially the same characters; the male character has flame-based attacks and the female has ice-based attacks, but the combos and spells appeared to be essentially the same. 

After things start opening up, the game plays like this:

-You have typical Koei musou game-style combos.

-You can dodge-roll with R2.  X is jump.  Some air combos are possible.

-R3 is a lock-on, but only for boss or general-type enemies.

-R1 brings up a spell list.  You can have up to four spells at a time.  Spells can be done off of combos.

-L1 is guard. however you cannot move and guard at the same time.

-The familiar musou gauge is available.  Right now It's just one bar that takes longer to fill up than other musou games.  I've only seen the main female's musou-- she powers up and her hair changes, Dragonball-style, and gets stronger attacks, then finishes it off with a super move.  It looks pretty cool!

-You can switch between your party members with L2.  It looks like it's possible to do multi-character combos, assuming the party members are close enough to the same enemy/enemies.

-When enemies are killed, monster coins will sometimes be dropped.  You can pick these up and then use them, just like using items in Samurai Warriors games, to summon these enemies back to fight on your side.  You can summon multiple monsters at the same time to assist you.  This is fucking awesome.

In between levels, you go back to a camp and can talk to NPCs, buy/sell items, upgrade your skills, and all that good stuff.  I'm not sure how much of this is like Dragon Quest but it was pretty easy for me to get a handle on everything as a seasoned musou game player.

Visually the game is impressive in that there can be a large amount of characters on screen with minimal frame rate drops and no enemy pop-in, but the environments I've played in have all been pretty small in scale so far.  One level was a giant open field with a large hill.  There's a lot of attention to detail, like cloth moving in the background and even enemies relaxing when they're out of range, but the game still reminds me a lot of an "uprezzed PS3 game." 

I'm liking this game right now, but I was definitely more impressed with Hyrule Warriors in comparison and so far Hyrule Warriors has this game beat in terms of boss battles.  I also miss being able to run or summon a horse.  The characters in DQH move just a bit too slow.  Maybe another mechanic will be introduced for this.
ど助平

kick51

« Reply #1706 on: February 27, 2015, 02:37:39 PM »
i decided to try out Hyrule Warriors last night and it seems pretty awesome, though hard mode seems really easy so far (I just beat the deku tree level)

Bebpo

« Reply #1707 on: February 27, 2015, 03:08:27 PM »
I'll never be able to really get into Hyrule Warriors until there's a Wii U emulator that can runs this at 60fps.  All the other musou games & basara games run smooth lately so it's really difficulty playing a sub-30fps musou these days :(  It's not just visuals, it effects the combat when it's got that choppy feel.

Bebpo

« Reply #1708 on: March 03, 2015, 03:18:23 AM »
Well, after an hour with Dragon Quest Heroes I can safely say it's a wonderfully nostalgic window dressing for a musou and I have no doubt this will be my favorite musou game since Gundam Musou 3.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1709 on: March 03, 2015, 09:15:32 AM »
DQH has frame rate issues, too.  Obviously a higher frame rate than Hyrule Warriors, but I don't get that you can play DQH that but not stand Hyrule Warriors. 

I still have mixed thoughts on DQH.  I'm certain that if I were more into DQ I'd be foaming at the mouth all over it, but the game has been almost boring on some stages, like the non-story missions you can select.  It's not exactly barrels of fun to go back to the same repeated field map and kill endless slime hordes.

I even found one level that appeared to be a literal grind-fest.  You can just slash away at waves of the same enemies until you get tired of it and quit out the level.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1710 on: March 03, 2015, 01:41:16 PM »
DQH has frame rate issues, too.  Obviously a higher frame rate than Hyrule Warriors, but I don't get that you can play DQH that but not stand Hyrule Warriors. 

I still have mixed thoughts on DQH.  I'm certain that if I were more into DQ I'd be foaming at the mouth all over it, but the game has been almost boring on some stages, like the non-story missions you can select.  It's not exactly barrels of fun to go back to the same repeated field map and kill endless slime hordes.

I even found one level that appeared to be a literal grind-fest.  You can just slash away at waves of the same enemies until you get tired of it and quit out the level.

Yeah, I'm not even a huge DQ fan (only played about half of them), but it's enough that it makes the experience awesome.  Everything from the fonts to the sound effects when you pick up herbs or a spell is cast make the game 1,000 time better.  And it's pretty lame it can't keep 60fps. 

A huge part of musou seems to be how much you care about the characters/setting.  I'm a lot more forgiving with the often sub-30fps in One Piece Musou because it's OP and OP is rad than the sub-30fps in Zelda because although I like a good Zelda game when I see one, I really don't give a shit about Zelda trappings (I like WW old man Ganandorf & WW boat king and WW link, that's about it for Zelda characters; Tingle is ok as a joke character) and I hate the Zelda fanbase because they're loud and annoying as fuck and prop up what are, most of the time, completely average games.  Hell, no matter how many times I try I can never get into mainline DW because RoTTK does nothing for me as well.  Whereas Samurai Warriors is at least about Japanese history and I major'd in that so I at least find that interesting and have familiarity with the cast.  Never got into FoTNS so that musou does nothing for me, but I love Gundam and the Gundam Musou games (1 & 3) are amazing.

So yeah, musou is musou.  Some have better gameplay than others, but whether you love a musou or get bored after an hour or two really comes down to if you're a fan of the characters/setting/trappings.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 01:53:17 PM by Bebpo »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1711 on: March 03, 2015, 01:42:55 PM »
:obama

And yet as much as I agree with what you're saying, my problems with DQH come from game design.  It's just too simplistic, even for musou, and there is zero strategy from what I have played.  I hope this changes.  Maybe I just need to crank up the difficulty level some more.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 01:52:25 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

« Reply #1712 on: March 03, 2015, 01:43:17 PM »
DQH import prices dropped as soon as the localized version was announced.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #1713 on: March 03, 2015, 01:53:05 PM »

And yet as much as I agree with what you're saying, my problems with DQH come from game design.  It's just too simplistic, even more musou, and there is zero strategy from what I have played.  I hope this changes.

Really?  I mean the very first boss fight with the dragon in the first stage had more strategy than most musou I've played.  Its attacks did high damage, your character had almost no ranged moves so you actually had to block or roll dodge its fire breathing attack and block the claw swipes.  Felt closer to an action game boss than a musou boss and I thought that was quite cool.  Otherwise yeah, common enemies are brainless and it's more about stat grinding this time around because it's trying to be more rpg-ish.

Also the one thing I don't like about DQH is that you have to kill "every single enemy" to advance, whereas most musou games you can run towards the next objective and avoid enemies; which is how I like my musou because I like speedrunning the maps.

Second hand?  I mean the game just came out so new prices are just the price of the game with the current exchange rate +~$5 import markup.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1714 on: March 03, 2015, 02:03:06 PM »

And yet as much as I agree with what you're saying, my problems with DQH come from game design.  It's just too simplistic, even more musou, and there is zero strategy from what I have played.  I hope this changes.

Really?  I mean the very first boss fight with the dragon in the first stage had more strategy than most musou I've played.  Its attacks did high damage, your character had almost no ranged moves so you actually had to block or roll dodge its fire breathing attack and block the claw swipes.  Felt closer to an action game boss than a musou boss and I thought that was quite cool.  Otherwise yeah, common enemies are brainless and it's more about stat grinding this time around because it's trying to be more rpg-ish.

We must have played two different games.   :lol  That dragon fight was mindless button mashing.  It lumbers around very slowly and its attacks were very easy to see coming.  You don't even have to really dodge anything.  That boss is exactly what I was talking about earlier in the thread when I was saying it felt mindless for the first hour.  The next boss you fight really isn't much better-- the giant cyclops also just lumbers around and you avoid his footstomps, slash slash slash, use the canons when able, rinse, repeat.

Now compare this to Hyrule Warriors, where you also get to fight huge bosses, only they have actual attack patterns and strategy must be used to beat them-- mashing away will literally not work.

Also the one thing I don't like about DQH is that you have to kill "every single enemy" to advance, whereas most musou games you can run towards the next objective and avoid enemies; which is how I like my musou because I like speedrunning the maps.

Wait until you get to some of the side missions and this is all you do, in a small (for musou) area over and over again for 20 minutes until the level is over.   :lol :-\

But I'm still not going to put this game on the chopping block because I've been having fun with it, too, and it's still opening up as I play it.  Also I really like the princess chick who fights bare-handed.  She reminds me a lot of a Hokuto No Ken character.   :)
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1715 on: March 03, 2015, 02:10:39 PM »

We must have played two different games.   :lol  That dragon fight was mindless button mashing.  It lumbers around very slowly and its attacks were very easy to see coming.  You don't even have to really dodge anything.  That boss is exactly what I was talking about earlier in the thread when I was saying it felt mindless for the first hour.  The next boss you fight really isn't much better-- the giant cyclops also just lumbers around and you avoid his footstomps, slash slash slash, use the canons when able, rinse, repeat.

Weird.  One hit of its fire breath attack would get me down to flashing HP so the next hit would kill me.  I couldn't afford to just slash, slash, slash.  I had to block or dodge each incoming attack while doing mindless slashes between.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1716 on: March 03, 2015, 02:23:24 PM »
Why were you standing near its mouth?  That thing moves so slowly that I was able to just stay away from its head and mash those buttons.  Powered-up and musou'd it for the win.  Nothing but mashing.  That dragon fight is a part of what is essentially the game tutorial.  The first real boss is the cyclops.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1717 on: March 03, 2015, 02:39:15 PM »
Because it said the head and tail were the weakpoints, so I was hitting the head.  I dunno, was more fun that way anyhow, blocking and dodging and slashing.

« Reply #1718 on: March 04, 2015, 12:35:19 PM »

Second hand?  I mean the game just came out so new prices are just the price of the game with the current exchange rate +~$5 import markup.

Play Asia has the PS4 version in the clearance section right now.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #1719 on: March 04, 2015, 01:09:09 PM »

Play Asia has the PS4 version in the clearance section right now.

It's $66 right now for a new copy of the JPN version at PA.  I just checked my invoice and it was $65 when they shipped it on release date :P

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1720 on: March 04, 2015, 02:46:38 PM »
I checked my receipt, too- I paid $65.99.  The game is listed for $66.99 right now.
ど助平

« Reply #1721 on: March 04, 2015, 02:57:34 PM »
Weird, I was doing some bargain bin shopping over the weekend and saw it in there for $55. Must have been a short sale or something.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #1722 on: March 05, 2015, 11:54:52 PM »
Don't know if I'll get around to playing DQ Heroes more than 2-3 hours (aka my limit for musou outside Gundam & One Piece).  I'm really not down with the idea of musou stages where you have to kill every enemy and the framerate is extremely inconsistent which sucks which makes me really sad (guess I'm getting OPM3 on PC since they still have problems with anywhere near locked 60fps on PS4 hardware).  I'm still playing some rpgs and stuff and SRW Z3-2 is out in less than a month so it looks like it'll get lost in the backlog.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1723 on: March 06, 2015, 07:41:43 AM »
Don't know if I'll get around to playing DQ Heroes more than 2-3 hours (aka my limit for musou outside Gundam & One Piece).

:what

Bebpo™
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #1724 on: March 06, 2015, 08:01:14 AM »
DW8XL sold about 131k on Steam

That probably explains why DW8E is on Steam and why One Piece Warriors 3 is coming.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1725 on: March 06, 2015, 09:40:31 AM »
I'm one of those sales. :rock Already had the base game on 360 but we didn't get XL on that platform so 16 or whatever it was for the XL stuffs alongside what I've already had at was a no brainer. SW4 II has apparently shown up in someDBs for steam so hopefully we get a complete set of that and SW4, uh, I in the near future as well.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1726 on: March 06, 2015, 10:08:29 AM »
You don't really need the original SW4.  SW4-II pretty much replaces it.
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #1727 on: March 06, 2015, 10:10:14 AM »
Well in that case it's a sale either way. :hyper
Hi

kick51

« Reply #1728 on: March 06, 2015, 11:34:51 AM »
what's the best musuo on PS4 currently?   Warriors Orochi 3?

Rise

« Reply #1729 on: March 06, 2015, 01:57:01 PM »
wo3u or dw8xlce. it's hard to decide between the two. wo3u definitely has better stage design but dw8xl has slightly superior combat mechanics, since WO3U is based on the DW7 engine. depends on what you value more, i think stage design is more important in musou though. also wo3u runs better on ps4

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1730 on: March 06, 2015, 02:05:06 PM »

In terms of graphics and performance, Samurai Warriors 4.  Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate runs pretty well, but didn't get that much of a visual upgrade from PS3.  Dynasty Warriors 8XL got a nice visual boost, but the framerate is all over the place.  Would get it on PC if you have a capable machine.

In terms of content, you have to decide for yourself.  I'd probably still go with Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate, because WO is a great introduction to musou games and has a huge cast, with tons of levels, even though I enjoyed Samurai Warriors 4 more.  Himu and Prole did not, mainly because SW4 is more action-oriented.  I like this focus and much faster pace. 

If you're interested in Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires (which reportedly has the same framerate problems as XL), wait on it since a free-to-play version is coming soon.

Finally, if you're fine with the import route, Sengoku Musou 4-II and Dragon Quest Heroes are out, and One Piece Kaizoku Musou 3 and the GOAT Senran Kagura Estival Versus is coming out on 3/26.
ど助平

kick51

« Reply #1731 on: March 06, 2015, 03:34:59 PM »
I didn't know Senran Kagura was a musuo game heh

i might just stick with hyrule warriors for now.  just hate booting up the wii u sometimes!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1732 on: March 06, 2015, 03:46:30 PM »
I didn't know Senran Kagura was a musuo game heh

i might just stick with hyrule warriors for now.  just hate booting up the wii u sometimes!

It's a really perverted beat-em-up with musou-style game play.  The last game, SK2 on 3DS, was legit (as in improved game play and a good challenge level), so I'm pretty hopeful on this new game.
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1733 on: March 06, 2015, 06:47:41 PM »
I'm hyped to play the Bladestorm remake.  I skipped the original.  Any impressions on the PS4 remake yet?  I see it came out a month ago in Japan.
🍆🍆

Rise

« Reply #1734 on: March 06, 2015, 06:51:54 PM »
I'm hyped to play the Bladestorm remake.  I skipped the original.  Any impressions on the PS4 remake yet?  I see it came out a month ago in Japan.
there's a US demo up. last i checked people couldn't access it from the ps4 store, only the webstore.

link: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/bladestorm-nightmare-demo/cid=UP4108-CUSA02086_00-BLADE0NIGHTDEMO0

i'm a big musou fan, but i never played this before, so when i first played the demo i thought it was confusing and weird as fuck. but then i watched somebody i know who was good at it play it and tried it again and learned how to play it. it's really fun once it clicks.

framerate isn't great, but it's not as bad as people said it was. i think the bad framerate impressions came from people playing the ps3 demo or something.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 06:56:04 PM by Rise »

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1735 on: March 08, 2015, 12:56:28 AM »
I forgot how addicting the Empires games are.  "Just one more raid/invasion..."  If it wasn't for the DS4's short battery life, I'd probably still be playing.
🍆🍆

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1736 on: March 14, 2015, 03:01:18 PM »
I finished all of the empire scenarios in Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires.  I'm considering this game beat.

I had a lot of fun with this game but there were some weird glitches in some places.  In some battles, the officers were named a bunch of numbers instead of their actual names, which I thought was funny.  Also they had FF7 and FF8 characters.  Not officially I presume but they had the names and looked close to the character designs.

I see there is DLC for additional scenarios but nothing has been uploaded yet.  I'd be interested to see what they upload.  That reminds me that I probably should go back to Hyrule Warriors and download the Majora's Mask DLC that I already paid for.

This game is a good 8 out of 10.  I'm going to play other games and then I'm going to get Bladestorm, return back to Hyrule Warriors, and then crack open Samurai Warriors 4.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1737 on: March 14, 2015, 03:57:59 PM »
Which platform did you play it on?  PS4?
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1738 on: March 14, 2015, 04:09:03 PM »
Yes
🍆🍆

Trent Dole

« Reply #1739 on: March 15, 2015, 02:20:19 AM »
DW8E has had a few patches because of various issues, and the version released internationally is NOT caught up with all the patches in the JP version inexplicably, so that'd be why you ran into various random weird shit.
Hi