Author Topic: Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi/Whatever Warriors Thread  (Read 347474 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi/Whatever Warriors Thread
« Reply #2340 on: October 31, 2018, 09:34:50 AM »
Am now several stages into Chapter 5 and still don't have everyone unlocked yet.  :lol  Did finally get my girl Koshoushou at least.  :heart  Was thinking that Athena would be playable once she joined the good guys' side, but nope...just like Perseus, she's staying an NPC for now.  Am told that I should be close to getting one of them playable soon at least.

Chapter 5 has also been ramping up the amount of stage unlocks.  Got two new stages after finishing one, plus another two side stories.  Why they didn't space things out more in the previous chapters is beyond me.

My thoughts on the game overall haven't changed much:

+ The game play is just awesome.  Magic gives you more moves and it's a welcome addition!
+ So many characters to play as!  Just about everyone has a fun move set.
+ Tons of weapons and weapon enhancements are available.
+ They make it pretty easy to level characters up between stages.  With enough built-up experience points, you can take a newly-unlocked character and get him/her up like 15-20+ levels and give them some nice weapon enhancements.
+ Characters can be further upgraded to get additional abilities like air musous.
+ The new "monster" type enemies are welcome and some of them are huge, but more variety would have been nice.

- Stage recycling is insane.  They don't just re-use levels from other Warriors games, but you'll end up playing on the same maps multiple times. 
- I've seen one actual new level so far that had an ancient-Greece theme to it.
- For a game that has Greek and Norse gods as the big-bads, you'd think that there would at least be more of those themes in the levels, but instead you get the same Chinese/Japanese-style levels and Koei just threw in some visible Greek-style buildings off in the distance.  :lol
- Magic-based enemies are annoying.  For example, there's a "chaos" enemy officer type who doesn't attack, but if in the area, will summon magic grunt soldiers and/or add magic protection to regular enemies and officers so that regular attacks won't hurt them.  Magic kills these guys quick so most of the time they're just a minor useless annoyance as you wait to fill up meter to take them out.  Maybe they're more of a threat on higher difficulty levels.
- You have to buy DLC to get additional game modes and even extra magic abilities for characters.  This is the kind of thing that should have been free.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 10:27:28 AM by bork »
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2341 on: October 31, 2018, 10:16:08 PM »
I hate that I'm so busy right now with work and my girlfriend that I can't really dig into this game.  I guess I'm going to have to vicariously live through your playthrough, bork.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2342 on: November 01, 2018, 07:42:18 AM »
LOL, works out for me since my wife tends to go to bed early, so around 8-9...off I go.  Hoping to beat the game today but I still have the DLC levels to go through and more should be coming this month. 

Felt leveled up enough to try a Hundun stage and took him out in just a couple of hits, but then got owned and lost to some non-officer types.
:dead

Finally got NEW CHARACTERS  :o :o :o to play as with Athena and Ares.  Both are super-fun and have some cool move sets- Athena generates huge "light-blade" style discs and beams and Ares can call out a huge dragon to ride around on.  Just made me wish they had been playable much earlier that much more.  :'(
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2343 on: November 01, 2018, 11:55:48 PM »
Finished the game.  Or rather, finished playing through the story mode.  Unsure how long it took, but the Switch says it was played for 30 hours or more.

Clearing the game unlocked chaotic difficulty, unique weapons, some more characters, and two more side stages (why I have no idea...they're nothing post-game related), but funnily enough...that's STILL not all of the characters playable!  :lol 

I think I have 4-5 more to unlock.  You apparently get them by leveling up your camp more, plus you gotta fight and defeat Hundun when he pops up post-game.  Out of those, at least one of them (or both if both her forms are in there) is not in the game at all, story-wise. 

So I still have one side stage and then five DLC stages to do before messing around in chaotic and seeing about getting some weapons.  Dunno how much of that I'm gonna do with so many other games to play. 

Was absolutely addicted to this game until I finished it just now.  Bring on the next musou! :hyper
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2344 on: November 03, 2018, 03:00:51 PM »
I played a few hours today.  I'm in Chapter Three and even on the easy difficulty setting, the game has some challenge to it.  I also got spoiled by Hyrule and Fire Emblem Warriors allowing you to keep EXP if you have to restart a stage or exit a stage.  I think it is BS that they don't have it here :maf
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2345 on: November 03, 2018, 03:06:18 PM »
ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #2346 on: November 03, 2018, 05:34:05 PM »
Ha I've been steamrolling things on normal, but then I'm only on chapter 2.
Hi

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2347 on: November 03, 2018, 10:40:04 PM »
easy difficulty setting

:noooo

I start off on the Easy setting and then replay it again on Normal and then again on Hard and if a Chaos-type difficulty is available, play it again there.  Yes, I don't consider a playthrough complete until I beat it four times.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2348 on: November 03, 2018, 11:22:42 PM »
Why easy though?  It's generally easy enough the first time through on normal in these games.
ど助平

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #2349 on: November 06, 2018, 04:21:30 PM »
Pandemonium Mode is hard :'( It keeps landing on the longest most difficult missions.
zzzzz

Himu

« Reply #2350 on: November 06, 2018, 04:49:27 PM »
Is WO4 legit?
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2351 on: November 06, 2018, 08:31:05 PM »
Is WO4 legit?

Look at all those posts I made above about it.  :rogan

YES IT KICKS ASS

I still think that WO3 Ultimate is the all-time classic but this one is right behind it.  Tons of fun.
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2352 on: November 11, 2018, 06:42:55 PM »
Got some time this weekend to finish Chapter 4.

I agree with bork that I give the edge to Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate but this is probably the next best Musou game.  With Fire Emblem Warriors rounding out the top 3.
🍆🍆

Himu

« Reply #2353 on: November 12, 2018, 03:32:14 AM »
how is WO3U better
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2354 on: November 12, 2018, 09:33:59 PM »
how is WO3U better

More level variety, better character selection (because of all the guest characters), and better progression (unlocks and such), IMO.
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2355 on: November 17, 2018, 10:25:18 PM »
Those challenges can be so frustrating because some of those timed events I miss them by a couple of seconds :maf

Also I'm kicking myself for not bringing on Gan Ning earlier.  His magic attacks cut through enemies like a hot knife through butter.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2356 on: November 17, 2018, 10:37:49 PM »
So many great characters
:lawd
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2357 on: November 21, 2018, 09:53:52 PM »
Completed the game and side story chapters on both Easy and Normal.  Currently debating whether to go back and beat the game again with Hard and Chaotic settings.  I really liked the "fuck it" factor in WO3 Ultimate that is really missing here.  Remember those really crazy chapters that got added on WO3U?  That would have been good to have in here, especially if we were fighting Greek Gods.  I think that is the downside is that it is too tame for my preferences.  I'm sure there will be various additions to WO4 over time so maybe I'll get my wish.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2358 on: November 22, 2018, 09:38:46 AM »
I need to check to see if the second batch of DLC side stories have been added yet.  Not sure what's in the pipeline for this game after that.  They're still focusing a lot on Dynasty Warriors 9.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2359 on: November 22, 2018, 09:41:13 AM »
11/29 for the next scenario pack.
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2360 on: November 23, 2018, 04:11:29 PM »
Finished all of the DLC campaigns, unlocked everything for the camp upgrades, got Hundun (which was really easy thanks to Gan Ning's magic attacks), and am halfway through Chapter 3 for getting S ranks on all difficulty levels.  I think once the next DLC campaign comes out, I will complete it and then move on.  I have a large backlog.  Switch gaming log shows that I've spent over 65 hours on this game.  Sounds about right.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2361 on: November 23, 2018, 04:12:07 PM »
Finished all of the DLC campaigns, unlocked everything for the camp upgrades, got Hundun (which was really easy thanks to Gan Ning's magic attacks), and am halfway through Chapter 3 for getting S ranks on all difficulty levels.  I think once the next DLC campaign comes out, I will complete it and then move on.  I have a large backlog.  Switch gaming log shows that I've spent over 65 hours on this game.  Sounds about right.

:bow :bow2
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2362 on: November 29, 2018, 09:41:28 PM »
There was supposed to be some DLC to come out today and I didn't see it.  Was anyone else able to download it on Switch?  I was hoping to just catass the new stages and put this game to rest.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2363 on: November 29, 2018, 10:51:59 PM »
There was supposed to be some DLC to come out today and I didn't see it.  Was anyone else able to download it on Switch?  I was hoping to just catass the new stages and put this game to rest.

I have them- didn't see them on the DLC list but I have the season pass, downloaded a game update, and they popped up.  Koei also added an additional challenge mode.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #2364 on: November 30, 2018, 12:47:24 PM »

Trent Dole

« Reply #2365 on: December 01, 2018, 02:30:02 AM »
Something on December 6? :thinking
Hi

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2366 on: December 01, 2018, 11:53:36 AM »

I have them- didn't see them on the DLC list but I have the season pass, downloaded a game update, and they popped up.  Koei also added an additional challenge mode.

For some reason the DLC didn't download until this morning.

I beat all the new DLC stages but the DW vs. SW stage takes forever.  Racked up about 14,000 KOs though :doge

Now I can finally put this game to rest.  I maintain my earlier opinion that WO3 Ultimate is still by far the better Musou game.  I like a lot of things about WO4 but I'd like to see them take the ideas to another level or two.  Highly recommend buying it.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2367 on: December 01, 2018, 10:53:11 PM »
If that announcement is a musou game, it's probably going to be a new Samurai Warriors.
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2368 on: December 02, 2018, 12:36:48 PM »
I'm ready for a Samurai Warriors 5
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2369 on: December 03, 2018, 05:44:13 AM »
Sengoku Musou 4DX just got announced for Switch and PS4.  :thinking
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #2370 on: December 03, 2018, 05:54:33 AM »
If that's the announcement then :doge
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2371 on: December 03, 2018, 07:48:09 AM »
If that's the announcement then :doge

Nah, the announcement is still a few days away.   :)
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2372 on: December 03, 2018, 08:53:27 AM »
The teaser site now shows horses, so this is either a musou title or Winning Post Deathmatch 2018.
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #2373 on: December 04, 2018, 02:56:16 AM »
Oh man I hope it's a horse racing sim so all the western fans will roll their eyes in disappointment and irritance. :lol
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2374 on: December 04, 2018, 07:20:41 AM »
Oh man I hope it's a horse racing sim so all the western fans will roll their eyes in disappointment and irritance. :lol

That seems to be more likely the case now.  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2375 on: December 05, 2018, 07:51:27 AM »
It's Winning Post 9
:neogaf
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #2376 on: December 05, 2018, 09:38:37 AM »
Dem horses spit dat hot FIYA.  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2377 on: December 05, 2018, 10:23:27 AM »
Dem horses spit dat hot FIYA.  :doge

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2378 on: December 05, 2018, 01:50:21 PM »
samurai warriors 2 hd ps4 plz
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2379 on: December 05, 2018, 07:47:41 PM »
samurai warriors 2 hd ps4 plz

They already did this...on PS3 and Vita.  :)

Looks and runs better than the PS3 Samurai Warriors 3 port!

ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2380 on: December 05, 2018, 08:10:06 PM »
That’s why I said ps4 and they never released it in english and although I know Japanese I am not confident in playing a Musou in the language.
IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #2381 on: December 05, 2018, 09:39:13 PM »
Some Winning Post 9 leaked images...

[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2382 on: December 05, 2018, 09:56:49 PM »
WHERE IS POONIKINS WARRIORS!?

:bow :bow2
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2383 on: December 06, 2018, 09:15:18 AM »
Koei just released Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends Definitive Edition on Steam.  That's pretty random.  :lol

https://store.steampowered.com/app/968790/DYNASTY_WARRIORS_7_Xtreme_Legends_Definitive_Edition___with__DX/

Not sure I'd want to go back to 7.  8 was way more fun.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2384 on: December 06, 2018, 10:09:47 AM »
DW7 awww

The game that got me into Musou. :heartbeat

DW8XL is one of my favorite Musou games. I need to replay one day.

I’m also willing to give SW4 another chance but they really did DW-size SW and SW was my favorite Musou series. I haven’t bought a Musou since SW4 :( It really disappointed me.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2385 on: December 06, 2018, 02:44:06 PM »
Installed DW8XL Complete on Steam. I could never run it well on my old computer. This runs like butter. And I still love Musou. Hate the rock paper scissors crap in DW8 still because all you have to do is switch to a different weapon and beat the shit out of them until you still a blitz and kill them but it was really fun.

Here's hoping WO4 doesn't have a rush/blitz mechanic.

Hyrule Warriors will be my first Warriors game since SW4.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 02:52:45 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2386 on: December 06, 2018, 02:55:21 PM »

DW9 looks :lol
IYKYK

Trent Dole

« Reply #2387 on: December 09, 2018, 12:14:06 AM »
$20 is a more than fair price and since I've only played vanilla 7 on 360 I'll jump on that some day, but for now I've still barely played Orochi 4. :doge
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2388 on: December 09, 2018, 09:58:38 AM »

DW9 looks :lol

It's not anywhere near as bad as he makes it out to be and they patched it quite a bit (adding more content) since then.  Still, it's very different than the other games and has some pretty glaring flaws.  Going open-world was a mistake.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2389 on: December 27, 2018, 12:47:47 AM »
Holy crap.

I got SW4-2 on sale on Steam because I really had the Samu itch. I bought it with reservation because I didn’t like SW4. And if I didn’t like it I’d get a refund.

But I just cleared a few maps and it’s fixed every issue I had with the orignal.

The lack of large objective based gameplay that was trademark of Samurai warriors gameplay, the hyper attacks which made the game mindless, the small maps. This has done everything to correct that. I’m playing on easy and clearing it like how Olivia does and I’m having so much fun.

Good shit. I missed you SW. it even has survival mode from SW2.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2390 on: December 27, 2018, 01:55:21 AM »
Omfg survival OWNS. This is true Samurai Warriors and not that watered down dog shit 4 was. I’m so glad I just took a gamble on this! :hyper

I played this game for three hours tonight. :hyper MUSOU!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 03:06:43 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2391 on: December 27, 2018, 07:14:41 AM »
:rejoice

BUT WHY EASY MODE
 :rage
[close]

The survival mode in 4-II is actually lifted right from Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 (3DS/Vita), IIRC.  SW4 spawned the following games, because Koei gonna Koei:

SW4
SW Chronicles 3
SW 4-II
SW4 Empires
SW4 Spirit Of Sanada

I still have yet to play the last one at all. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2392 on: December 27, 2018, 07:15:58 AM »
Dynasty Warriors 8XL Complete Edition is up on the Switch eShop now. 
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2393 on: December 27, 2018, 07:24:28 AM »
Playing the Fire Emblem Warriors game. My first 'Warriors' since that Ninety Nine Nights rip off from Xbox.

I'm enjoying it quite a bit but it feels like a game best played in short bursts. Otherwise it could get boring rather quickly.
🤴

Himu

« Reply #2394 on: December 27, 2018, 08:36:42 AM »
Easy mode to see what the game has to offer at its lowest. Turning on normal today.

All this game needs is the officer entrance/death/retreat movies from old SW. I really can’t wait to start playing it again!
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2395 on: December 27, 2018, 08:41:52 AM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2396 on: December 27, 2018, 08:43:01 AM »
Playing the Fire Emblem Warriors game. My first 'Warriors' since that Ninety Nine Nights rip off from Xbox.

I'm enjoying it quite a bit but it feels like a game best played in short bursts. Otherwise it could get boring rather quickly.

If you really start enjoying it, you'll find that suddenly those short bursts turn into hours at a time!
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2397 on: December 27, 2018, 08:54:24 AM »
Easy mode to see what the game has to offer at its lowest. Turning on normal today.

All this game needs is the officer entrance/death/retreat movies from old SW. I really can’t wait to start playing it again!

You picked the best PC port, too.  Some of their other PC ports are...just don't.  Don't buy them.   :lol 

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2398 on: December 27, 2018, 12:37:24 PM »
So this is interesting- just booted Dynasty Warriors 8XL (Switch) up and it started giving me bonus gold for having other musou game save data. One of the messages said "Save data for WARRIORS OROCHI 3: Ultimate has been detected."  Interesting since this game has not been localized on Switch.

Very well could mean nothing, but that's the first time I can remember the U.S. version of a Koei Switch game detecting the sava data for a Japanese game and listing its name in English like that.  Koei's games are not the same in each region (they have different languages/don't share the same region DLC) like some other releases are, too.

It also says you can get more data if you have a save for DW8 Empires and Spirit Of Sanada.  Two more games only available in Japan. Hmm...

:thinking
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2399 on: December 27, 2018, 12:53:22 PM »
DW8XL intro is still one of the top 5 Musou intros! SW2 intro is still top and WO3 intro is number 2!

In fact, I might put DW8XL as number 2. SO HYPE.
IYKYK