Author Topic: Official *Consoles Are For Losers* thread  (Read 339078 times)

maxy

• Sales Loser
Official *Consoles Are For Losers* thread
« on: January 06, 2012, 04:49:27 AM »
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/next-xbox-and-ps4-set-for-biggest-ever-e3/089421

Both the Xbox 360 successor AND a follow up to the PS3 will be shown at E3 2012.

The LA show tease will come as Wii U launch details are locked in – and should ensure no ground is lost between competing consoles.

It will mark the very first time in the show’s 17-year history that three fresh, rival console formats will be so directly comparable.

Microsoft has long been rumoured to detail its next-gen plans at E3 2012, and recently signalled to partners this will happen, MCV has been told.

The 360 is one of the longest-serving games consoles in history. But the real surprise is an  early move from Sony. Execs at the PlayStation firm have made it clear to third-parties that they will not be left behind this time.

Execs aren’t expecting price or launch details for the new Xbox or PlayStation. But their unveiling could be a perfect spoiler to the pre-Christmas launch date and price that will be revealed for Wii U in June.

MCV has good sources,soo

sorry Weeoooo,Vita...please understand
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 03:51:23 AM by maxy »
cat

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Re: Rumor:Next Xbox and PS4 to be shown at E3 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 05:04:34 AM »
Hoping they dont do shitty gimmicks

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 05:25:19 AM »
Hoping they dont do shitty gimmicks

Probability of that = 0%
cat

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 05:27:08 AM »
Halo 4 has to be a dual format release then.
Hola 4's currently set for 4th quarter 2012, so no.  :P
Hi

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 10:58:18 AM »
Any bets on what the name will be?

Is "Loop" really plausible?

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 11:04:56 AM »
It won't be loop but then it won't be something like 720 either. It will be Xbox <insert name> and it will sound stupid and people will moan at first and then nobody will care.

Himu

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 11:08:52 AM »
It won't be loop but then it won't be something like 720 either. It will be Xbox <insert name> and it will sound stupid and people will moan at first and then nobody will care.

IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 11:19:09 AM »
A friend of mine who "did some work for the company" is claiming that a new console is going to be revealed at CES.  Not from MS, Sony, or Nintendo.
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 11:21:02 AM »
iConsole
©@©™

Bebpo

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 11:21:07 AM »
It's not really a rumor when it's common sense.  These systems are coming out next year or early 2014 at latest.  Of course they'll be revealed this E3.  Will just be a bunch of CG vids parading as in-game I'm guessing.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 11:25:52 AM »
PS599 US DOLLARS

<----

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 11:29:39 AM »
A friend of mine who "did some work for the company" is claiming that a new console is going to be revealed at CES.  Not from MS, Sony, or Nintendo.

Sega is coming back!!!
cat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 11:32:44 AM »
Apple.
nat

Himu

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 11:33:26 AM »
I would actually be down for a Sega x Microsoft team up console.
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 11:35:55 AM »
Really excited for the next xbox. But I better not lose my current gen XBLA titles. If I do that's one of the things that could make me not get one.

Robo

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 11:38:39 AM »
Really excited for the next xbox. But I better not lose my current gen XBLA titles. If I do that's one of the things that could make me not get one.

I can't imagine a scenario where they would compromise their entire established digital catalog, but. . .
obo

Stoney Mason

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 11:40:05 AM »
I would actually be down for a Sega x Microsoft team up console.

Too bad Sega has nothing to offer mainstream consumers in the least.

Any new console from anybody other than Apple or something is dead on arrival. I have no idea why somebody new would ever enter the console market. They will lose their shirts.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 11:41:06 AM »
or mayble

Google Android Console
nat

Robo

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 11:56:46 AM »
Someone should make a console solution for PC games with standardized plug-and-play hardware components.  :spin
obo

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 12:07:17 PM »

Sega is coming back!!!
Dont even joke, my heart still hurts from SEGA bowing out.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2012, 12:31:09 PM »
Konami making the super msx 3
<----

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012, 03:33:20 PM »
Atari 2600-2
©ZH

Chinner

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2012, 03:36:28 PM »
i have no real need to buy either console at launch. unless something is shown that is killer then i'll just wait it out a year or two. don't wanna fall into shitty hardware again either.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2012, 06:19:20 PM »
My body is ready.

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2012, 06:29:16 PM »
Water is wet, sources have told MCV.

In related news, Shigeru Miyamoto is creating a brand-new game. No information about the game is known, but Miyamoto is said to have been inspired while watering his garden.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012, 07:36:37 PM »

In related news, Shigeru Miyamoto is creating a brand-new game. No information about the game is known, but Miyamoto is said to have been inspired while watering his garden.

Weeu Music

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2012, 08:05:38 PM »
Apple already has a console, it's called the iPad. You can already connect it to your TV. All they have to do is release some type of bluetooth controller for it with a built-in touchpad and gyro/accelerometer.
sup

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2012, 08:23:03 PM »

Wasn't gardening the source of inspiration for Pikmin?
🍆🍆

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2012, 08:25:47 PM »
yeah. next one inspired by a recent colonoscopy.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2012, 08:27:12 PM »
Apple already has a console, it's called the iPad. You can already connect it to your TV. All they have to do is release some type of bluetooth controller for it with a built-in touchpad and gyro/accelerometer.

I agree with this statement. There are always these rumours that Apple will introduce a traditional console and it makes far more sense for them to keep going down the itouch/ipad/iphone route and slowly keep introducing more gaming elements into those markets. Why fight a war that isn't on your home turf.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2012, 08:43:42 PM »

yep, future of gaming right here.  sony's trying (and will fail) with ps3 & vita, but having a portable console with online access to everything and streaming to your tv = future of gaming.  apple's crazy game pricing plus the ipad's ability to do everything else make it something that could potentially be really big.  the main things holding it back are that it doesn't have a controller, there isn't a great unified interface like 360, and big-time developers are still able to ignore it save for some no-budget franchise spinoffs.
pcp

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2012, 09:08:01 PM »
And it should be added that the policy you describe has not worked well for the big publishers. Lots of smaller but rapidly growing companies have swept in to fill the vacuum and are eating their lunch.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2012, 09:31:03 PM »
omgosh nintendo is doomed uguu

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2012, 05:37:43 AM »
Not sure what I have to do with that but next gen war has started officially :)...2012 E3 could be the most epic ever

admit one thing,this "news" is warming up your sfag soul(imagine god of war on that thing :drool)

Funny thing,until few days ago PS4 in 2012 was brushed as nonsense,no way,fud...and now it looks like console specs,pictures are about to leak any moment

Some time ago,two rumors were posted

1.HARDOCP --MS,Nintendo=IBM CPU...Sony flip-floping between AMD and IBM

2.Gaf poster(works for AMD) said that he was called off his current work to help finish next gen cpu for one of console manufacturers,to be released in 2012.

Sony was the only one linked with AMD CPU

hmm,surprise surprise

Xbox 720 or PS4 by the end of this year? It could happen, according to a developer source IndustryGamers spoke with. After MCV reported that this is going to be the first E3 where all three platform holders would show three new consoles, we chatted with a well connected source who told us that Christmas 2012 has been his expectation for some time now - and it stems from the chip makers.

"The 'trick' to these rumors is not the console manufacturers themselves, but rather the chip makers. All indications from them are that things change significantly (ie next generation) come November of this year. As such, it has been my presumption since the middle of this past year that we would see new boxes in the market for Christmas of 2012," our source commented.
http://www.industrygamers.com/news/game-developer-expecting-xbox-720-andor-ps4-for-christmas-2012/

All three at one E3 and out at the same time(in one territory)--that would mean all out war

better prepare myself
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 11:35:39 AM by maxy »
cat

Trent Dole

« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 02:44:37 PM by Trent Dole »
Hi

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2012, 03:07:35 PM »
Halo 4 via BC--absolutely
Halo 4 as a next xbox game--unlikely(money,time,unfinished hardware...)

cat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2012, 04:23:55 AM »
before borys posts this

Next Xbox tablet-based
http://www.gamespot.com/special_feature/2012-predictions/image-feature/index.html

this is just gamespot prediction based on some earlier rumors,nothing "concrete"

Comments are funny though
cat

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2012, 06:01:34 AM »
I should write a "postmodernism generator" script for ridiculous next generation console rumors
QED

Trent Dole

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2012, 10:43:23 AM »
So my wife's response of 'I'll believe it when i see it' was the correct one then. The chaos of all three hitting at once would certainly be an interesting thing to watch unfold.
Hi

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2012, 07:33:12 PM »
good.  PS3 is still 300 fucking bucks

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2012, 08:23:24 PM »
These current consoles are so friggen' old.  :-\
dog

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2012, 08:27:06 PM »
The games still look great, I'm in no rush to drop a shit ton of money all over again.
野球

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2012, 08:30:28 PM »
I'm not either, but new consoles = games that actually take advantage of current PC hardware.
dog

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2012, 08:38:31 PM »
The games still look great, I'm in no rush to drop a shit ton of money all over again.

Yeah, same here... technical prowess doesn't impress me anymore in games, competent art direction does.
^_^

Trent Dole

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2012, 08:43:55 PM »
No 720 or ps3 till 2014.
Pfft, according Pacheter so feel free to ignore it. He is so wrong about so much shit it annoys me anyone even considers reporting his thoughts. 360 will be nine years old in 2014, '13 is already a crazy late launch.
Hi

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2012, 09:26:36 PM »
I could easily see '13 for the next xbox.  Launching before Sony really worked well for them.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2012, 11:03:26 PM »
I wish the new consoles were a fall 2012 launch but I always thought 2013 fall was more likely. 2014 would suck ass.

I'm not a graphics dude but its simply time to move on to new hardware at this stage although I understand that isn't likely at the moment due to the current still high prices for consoles.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2012, 11:14:11 PM »
I wish the new consoles were a fall 2012 launch but I always thought 2013 fall was more likely. 2014 would suck ass.

I'm not a graphics dude but its simply time to move on to new hardware at this stage although I understand that isn't likely at the moment due to the current still high prices for consoles.

I imagine that MS is raking it in finally in hardware prices (though the redesign probably put them where they wanted to be at launch, in terms of hardware profile). Sony is likely still taking it in the shorts with every sale, because they have so much custom crap in the PS3.

The bigger issue is that the 3rd party publishers are not likely pushing for new hardware. We've got a massive installed base of users, most of whom are seriously happy with their gaming experience. Launching a new hardware spec resets that counter, and is a huge risk. Do publishers want to sell to a potential new-adopter audience of 1M users, or do they want the chance to be on 150M consoles?

It's also possible that Apple's disruptive force is affecting overall game sales. I wonder if MS and Sony are both looking at the PSP and 3DS launches, and extrapolating a potential failure of non-mobile gaming hardware, because every human still has the exact same number of hours in every day, and if they're dicking around for hours in Smurf Village or Words with Friends, they've got less time for prancing around in front of the Kinect.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2012, 11:20:28 PM »
3rd party publishers should also know that there are only so many iterations of their established franchises they can dump on the market before they need the delicious aroma of new hardware to make the old hags fuckable once more.
vjj

Stoney Mason

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2012, 11:21:06 PM »
The problem for me is that the technology pace is simply outstripping consoles and the extended console lives only point out this flaw. I mean tablets are getting more and more powerful. If consoles insists on this crazy long lifespans then its easy to see a tipping point in the future where they start to lose a lot of the advantage at least for me. I mean at this point I can start to see a future where Tablet devices start to make a big dent in consoles. Look at something like ipads and ios machines where they refresh the machines every couple of years. Look at how far ios gaming has come from the original iphone to the ipad 2. If consoles keep at this turtle pace they are opening themselves up to more competition.

I'm speaking in Glacial pace terms here of course. I have no illusions that consoles are suddenly going to go away anytime soon.

For me Battlefield 3 was finally the game where things clicked into focus and you kinda see the limits of how far you can take the current tech not only in terms of just graphics but in lots of areas. To have to wait 2 more years (almost 3 if you do a 2014 fall launch) to see any more advances is kind of nuts.

Even my more casual gamer friends are starting to ask when are new consoles coming.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 11:26:15 PM by Stoney Mason »

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2012, 03:40:53 AM »
Denial?
Good,that way nerds can melt afterwards "they lied to us!!!"

People should not underestimate Nintendo,leaving them alone is not a smart thing to do.I'm not a big Nintendo fan,in fact I'm not a Nintendo fan at all but,

Nintendo has tons of very smart people,they are very innovative* and they certainly know how to light up the masses-not that important to the people here but a big deal for MS,Sony.What if WiiU comes with some totally addicting piece of software--yeah,what if but the risk is too big to be ignored
People laughed at 3DS,look at it now

As for tablets,they are the next big thing imo

Ugly but a first step
Buy Skyrim and play on some super duper PC,go somewhere and continue playing on tablet,return home and play on PC.Connect tablet to big ass TV and play there if you prefer it like that.No extra(game) costs.

small vid

make it detachable,better looking and  :hyper
 :bow2

*yes they are

« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 04:51:28 AM by maxy »
cat

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2012, 03:46:54 AM »
:lol at 'nerds'
vjj

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2012, 06:25:33 AM »
3rd party publishers should also know that there are only so many iterations of their established franchises they can dump on the market before they need the delicious aroma of new hardware to make the old hags fuckable once more.

Plus the longer this gen runs, the easier it is to launch a console with stuff like "HEAVENLY SWORD FULL HD REMAKE"
itm

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2012, 08:12:22 AM »

As for tablets,they are the next big thing imo
(Image removed from quote.)

Ugly but a first step
Buy Skyrim and play on some super duper PC,go somewhere and continue playing on tablet,return home and play on PC.Connect tablet to big ass TV and play there if you prefer it like that.No extra(game) costs.

small vid

make it detachable,better looking and  :hyper
 :bow2

and then metro 2033 comes out a month later and you realize you just spent $1000 on something that can't even run it on low settings - so you have to use onlive, which you could use on a $200 tablet + bluetooth controller
sup

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2012, 08:45:33 AM »
and then metro 2033 comes out a month later and you realize you just spent $1000 on something that can't even run it on low settings - so you have to use onlive, which you could use on a $200 tablet + bluetooth controller

you have a point but sooner or later tablet tech will become cheap and powerful enough to satisfy most of the people,one device to do everything

cat

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2012, 09:09:05 AM »
oh, i agree, but some company is going to have to release a win-based tablet that takes off in a huge way to establish a base "standard" spec for that to happen
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2012, 09:16:17 AM »
Did anyone see that Nvidia stuff from CES where they showed the quad-core Tegra 3 7" Asus Tablet for $250? I think this is the year where decent tablets start dropping to attainable mass market prices.  Evidently Kindle Fire really shook shit up on that front. Maybe that will lead to some actual publisher interest in the Android Market.
sup

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2012, 09:31:25 AM »
oh, i agree, but some company is going to have to release a win-based tablet that takes off in a huge way to establish a base "standard" spec for that to happen

yeah,someone will have to do that
cat