Author Topic: star trek  (Read 326972 times)

Himu

Re: star trek
« Reply #3120 on: May 21, 2020, 04:23:38 PM »
Also, first Momo says recent shows that put political message above the story are bad.

Now he's liking your posts that says Picard has no political analogies.

Momo doesn't even know what he wants nor can he argue for himself.

IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3121 on: May 21, 2020, 04:24:49 PM »
Fact Check: I'm liking everything I can that will annoy you because you still refuse to actually read anything I posted.

Himu

« Reply #3122 on: May 21, 2020, 04:27:41 PM »
Either way, Son Son, your argument that Picard has no political messaging goes against what many people in this thread have actively argued.

Isn't that right? How isn't that contradictory?

Fact Check: I'm liking everything I can that will annoy you because you still refuse to actually read anything I posted.

You gonna post an RLM video next?
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3123 on: May 21, 2020, 04:28:27 PM »
Off to mandark world for you  :nope

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #3124 on: May 21, 2020, 04:28:44 PM »
I don't think that having something to say is bad, but these people can't write to save their lives.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I will say for my part that it immediately raises a red flag to me when they start going on about muh blumpf or muh brexit or whatever, because I don't think I have ever come across any media that doesn't go on about that stuff before a product is delivered and then said product turns out to be complete gobshite Pukehard included.
[close]

« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 04:36:45 PM by D3RANG3D »

Himu

« Reply #3125 on: May 21, 2020, 04:31:32 PM »
Off to mandark world for you  :nope

Thanks!

I'm honored.
IYKYK

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3126 on: May 21, 2020, 04:38:54 PM »

I find most of the critiques of Picard's politics in the Federation are almost all flawed. They're so bad. Arguments like,"Federation would never be that xenophobic". A big flaw Picard makes is not referencing the Dominion War and its effects on post-war Federation. After the Cardassian border conflict, Dominion, shape shifter sabotage I think it would be fairly realistic for the Federation to grow more xenophobic after that war. The problem is that Michael Chabon and ilk said they didn't want new viewers to to get too wrapped up in lore. Big mistake. But I understand the reasoning and why the Federation is like this.

You say Picard makes no modern political analogies but I find the western world growing more xenophobic. This is directly in Picard. So the idea that Picard has no political relevance or commentary is baffling to me.

:idont

But it's not like DS9 ended with the federation saying "nah, FUCK cardassia, collaborating assholes".
What you're talking about is a post-scarcity society that is even shittier than contemporary alliances are.
And apparently more xenophobic than contemporary society, despite being literally a federation of multiple cultures, with literally their prime directive being about respecting other cultures, but just letting an entire species nearly die despite being able to help, because they're just dicks.

And by the plots own premise, are still the good guys for all of that.

Is this an American thing? That because you see America getting more xenophobic that means the world is?
Because the Federation isn't America, let alone 21st century empire-in-decline America.
Why are the Bolians going "nah, fuck romulus.". Why are the fucking Vulcans, when Spock risked all kinds of shit in an attempt at reunification?

I just don't see a scenario in our contemporary universe where, say, China has a giant fucking earthquake tomorrow and the U.N doesn't step in and help.
Would the U.S. under Trump assist? Probably not, but all the fucking rest of the U.N. member states would, even despite all of Chinas fuckery.
Because governments aren't people.
The only way you get to the point of credulity in Picards premise, is that the United Federation Of Planets are bigger more useless assholes than scarcity and resource limited modern earth is, and yet are still the good guys for that.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #3127 on: May 21, 2020, 04:39:29 PM »
Who is the massive fa.ggot that merged my thread with this thread?

Your entire thread wasn't merged with this one.  Just the few posts made today.  I thought Tuckers Law bumped the wrong thread and figured I'd help.   APOLOGIES FOR SUCH A MASSIVE ABUSE OF POWER AND DISRUPTION.  ::)

What the fuck is with the hostility in this thread?

Star Trek is serious business  :doge
What

Himu

« Reply #3128 on: May 21, 2020, 04:55:51 PM »

I find most of the critiques of Picard's politics in the Federation are almost all flawed. They're so bad. Arguments like,"Federation would never be that xenophobic". A big flaw Picard makes is not referencing the Dominion War and its effects on post-war Federation. After the Cardassian border conflict, Dominion, shape shifter sabotage I think it would be fairly realistic for the Federation to grow more xenophobic after that war. The problem is that Michael Chabon and ilk said they didn't want new viewers to to get too wrapped up in lore. Big mistake. But I understand the reasoning and why the Federation is like this.

You say Picard makes no modern political analogies but I find the western world growing more xenophobic. This is directly in Picard. So the idea that Picard has no political relevance or commentary is baffling to me.

But it's not like DS9 ended with the federation saying "nah, FUCK cardassia, collaborating assholes".

This is a very bad point to make.

For one thing, Picard isn't even over yet and you're comparing a show with 7 seasons and over 170 episodes to a show with 1 season and 12 episodes. Second, Picard season 1 literally ends with the Federation sending in help to defend the Synths planet. So even Picard shows hope amid strife despite being labeled as completely cynical show without hope.

Trekkies are so jaded now that they are they completely unwilling to give new shows a chance despite everyone knowing that every single first (and second) season of Trek (sans TOS) is flawed af.

Mmm.

This is where I step in and defend Picard's politics and say that, yes, it does have something political to say. I'm not quite sure how Romulans hunting Synths because of what they are and killing them or Federation abandoning Romulans because of political pressure isn't political. Or that the show has no message at all.

It's funny you're arguing it's not stating these messages while others are saying these messages are too overt.

Quite a contradiction. Which is it?

Well I was asking you what the message was for multiple posts and this is the closest you've come to answering that instead of just saying "but I didn't say they did!".

We were arguing two different things at first. Then what we argued just intertwined.

This makes no sense at all to me, the new viewers audience for Picard has to be under 5%. A nostalgia revival/spin off/continuation but you're more worried about the tiny fraction of viewers who have never seen Star Trek shows than the audience the show actually appeals to? :what

Chabon said exactly that on his instagram and I vehemently disagree with it.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #3129 on: May 21, 2020, 05:11:34 PM »

Is this an American thing? That because you see America getting more xenophobic that means the world is?

This is a very hilarious point to make especially during a European refugee crisis. It's like you're not even in tune with the news cycle or the world at large.

Right wing xenophobia and isolationsim has only grown in the past few years, especially in Europe, and especially after Trump's victory.

The refugees in Picard are an analogue to Syrian refugees. This is a profoundly hilarious point to make. I'm like, actually laughing at you, mate. I'm sorry.

https://apnews.com/4fc82489d5bc44fab6edccb91b0c896f

https://www.brusselstimes.com/all-news/belgium-all-news/97587/european-commission-alarmed-by-growing-racism-in-europe/

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/11/30/how-europes-nationalists-became-internationalists/

So a show about extremists wanting to destroy what they deem a threat to them, their sovereignty, and existence is in actuality, topical.

Further, your premise is even extra flawed because the Federation has always been an analogy for America. Star Trek, I hate to remind you, is an American show.

I'm sorry but most of the arguments surrounding Star Trek Picard are outright bad. I hated Star Wars: The Last Jedi and still thought most of the fan arguments made against it were outright daft. Shit like,"Luke Skywalker would never try to kill his own nephew". The same guy that fought between his dark side and light side and nearly killed his own father in rage. These arguments remind me of that. The only difference is that I don't hate Picard the way I do TLJ.
IYKYK

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #3130 on: May 21, 2020, 05:42:56 PM »
How much is Kurtzman paying you?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3131 on: May 21, 2020, 05:47:37 PM »
This is a very bad point to make.

It's a rebuttal to your point, that because the Federation was at war... 20? years ago in universe time they wouldn't accept new entries to the Federation.
When DS9 shows them virtually begging the dudes they were literally just at war with to get their shit together then join up.
Same deal with Undiscovered Country. Same deal with Reunification pts 1 and 2.
Everything in Trek shows the Federation will bend over backwards to get people to join if they'll subscribe to federation ideology.
Doesn't matter what they did in the past. If the Borg would chill with the assimilation, they'd be welcomed in.

Trekkies are so jaded now that they are they completely unwilling to give new shows a chance despite everyone knowing that every single first (and second) season of Trek (sans TOS) is flawed af.

This is an argument to make before the shows been released, not afterwards when people are criticising the shows actual contents, not what they think it might be based on trailers.
And no, sorry, a made-to-order 10 episode run with zero network pressures for weekly ratings released exclusively on streaming services in the 21st century doesn't get the "oh, shows released in entirely different circumstances needed to find their feet" excuse.
Apart from the fact that seems like a tacit admission that... well, its just not a very good show, other shows on other streaming services under similar structures make their mark with their first season. They kind of have to. That's todays landscape.

The people in charge of nutrek have jad three swings at the plate now. How many more chances do they get?
How many more do-overs before conceding that they're just not making what a lot of people want to watch?
The amount of showrunner churn and mid season pivots doesn't suggest that the people in charge are confident in this creative direction.
Assurances from execs that things will get better doesn't suggest that audiences are happy with this creative direction.

This is a very hilarious point to make especially during a European refugee crisis.

Is it though?
European countries are accepting sometimes up to 10% of their entire population overnight of people who have paid no taxes, and are in urgent need of clothing, food, accommodation, education, social work, medical care and employment.
That's a huge amount of people putting additional stress on an already stretched thin social security network, and its a 'right now' type of deal, there isn't lead up to prepare for it.
And yes, that kind of stress on existing infrastructure creates societal tension. How could it not?
And they still fucking accept them. Because it's the right thing to do.

Meanwhile, the federation, with fucking empty planets that can be colonised, near instantaneous travel across the planet, all the food, clothing, habitats, medicine, health care and provisions an industrial replicator can churn out, and no need for money or employment can't fucking help them out?

Maybe they don't have enough starships to ferry them.
Oh, wait, except for the fucking giant armada of starships that are doing fuck all else important that can show up at the end of Picard.

That's what a post-scarcity society means. You choose not to help because you're a fucking dick. Because you have all the help anyone could possibly want at literally the touch of a button.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3132 on: May 21, 2020, 06:40:58 PM »
Europe is so racist that we send our own naval ships to save drowning refugees scammed by Turkish smugglers and Somali pirates to cross over to Europe on a raft and provide them with food, shelter, welfare benefits and if fleeing from war a permanent invitation to stay and start a new life.

You know, just like Picard.

If Picard wanted to do Brexit and Trump they shouldn't have made space Hillary Clinton the one to yell at Patrick Stewart about his fucking hubris.
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #3133 on: May 21, 2020, 06:44:02 PM »
:mindblown the fuck happened here

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3134 on: May 21, 2020, 07:24:00 PM »
Real talk: when we gonna get Nic Cage as Starfleet captain?  Can you imagine?

ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3135 on: May 22, 2020, 02:13:11 AM »
lol when PatStew's voice comes out of bald Nic :dead

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #3136 on: May 22, 2020, 06:38:03 AM »
Europe is so racist that we send our own naval ships to save drowning refugees scammed by Turkish smugglers and Somali pirates to cross over to Europe on a raft and provide them with food, shelter, welfare benefits and if fleeing from war a permanent invitation to stay and start a new life.

(Image removed from quote.)

If Picard wanted to do Brexit and Trump they shouldn't have made space Hillary Clinton the one to yell at Patrick Stewart about his fucking hubris.

Nah man Europe is racist so Star Trek has to be as well!

How dare you criticize a show thats only been on for one season?

you fucking racists never even gave it a chance!

Leave Kurtzman Alone!
What

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3137 on: May 22, 2020, 07:16:37 AM »
:mindblown the fuck happened here

I like talking about star trek and I have work I'm avoiding doing
:trumps

Himu

« Reply #3138 on: May 22, 2020, 10:09:28 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Nah man Europe is racist so Star Trek has to be as well!

How dare you criticize a show thats only been on for one season?

you fucking racists never even gave it a chance!

Leave Kurtzman Alone!

I have not once defended Kurtzman. Go suck a fuck.
IYKYK

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #3139 on: May 22, 2020, 10:24:13 AM »
You have defended him by saying this show is worth a damn, or that the writing is good. Which honestly is pretty laughable.
What

Occam

« Reply #3140 on: May 22, 2020, 07:12:38 PM »
So, I just watched the first episode of Picard. When Dahj came to Picard, my first thought was that she was supposed to be Lal.
Heh.
Anyway, ignoring the nonsensical explanation how some of Data had survived and could be "cloned", I didn't hate it.
Seems like an ok continuation of Nemesis (which was the most awful Trek I had ever seen up to that point).
Back when Data "died" in Nemesis, I fully expected another Spock moment in the next movie, when we would learn he successfully transferred his consciousness to B4. Of course that never happened because Nemesis bombed just as badly as it deserved to, so there never was a sequel until now.
Should I quit while I'm ahead?

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3141 on: May 22, 2020, 07:30:59 PM »
So, I just watched the first episode of Picard. When Dahj came to Picard, my first thought was that she was supposed to be Lal.
Heh.
Anyway, ignoring the nonsensical explanation how some of Data had survived and could be "cloned", I didn't hate it.
Seems like an ok continuation of Nemesis (which was the most awful Trek I had ever seen up to that point).
Back when Data "died" in Nemesis, I fully expected another Spock moment in the next movie, when we would learn he successfully transferred his consciousness to B4. Of course that never happened because Nemesis bombed just as badly as it deserved to, so there never was a sequel until now.

There are good moments throughout the show, and I like the new crew very much. I would watch a show with the final cast, even minus Patrick Stewart. I don’t mind a darker and more rebellious feeling Star Trek. At this point in my life, I do not have much faith in the government, as a constant I feel revolution is inevitable, eventually. The kind of corruption and back-channel dealing represented in Picard provides a more honest look at where things are than the original Star Trek series provided. The United Federation of planets is an optimistic look at where we were with the UN at that time. The representation of it in Picard shows more of what it has become.

Himu

« Reply #3142 on: May 22, 2020, 07:40:50 PM »
I have no idea why people don't find Picard optimistic in its own way. But then again, when you come in expecting to hate something of course you're going to hate it. I know that lesson all too well. People say Raffi taking drugs isn't Star Trek, but the crew accepting her despite it *is*. Star Trek Picard stars a host of broken or beaten down people who have an opportunity to rise up. I don't see how it gets more optimistic than that.

Furthermore, as someone wrote in a reddit post today, most struggle with the differences in format between classic Trek and Picard. Classic Trek is episodic; Picard is long form serialization. Here is the relevant quote:

if Best of Both Worlds part 1 was the first episode of the season, and it stretched out for 14 more of Picard as Locutus tearing through the beta quadrant towards earth, while Riker and Shelby bicker the whole time about the best solution. what if Past tense was 10 episodes of Sisko and Bashir stuck in the sanctuary zone having to fight for scraps, while the complacency of the upper class is laid bare in Dax's story, and Kira and O'Brien become increasingly desperate to locate them while running low on resources and dealing with whatever dominant power exists in that timeline. consider Yesterday's Enterprise, The Drumhead, Hard Time, or For the Uniform stretched out with active consequences and repercussions as opposed to just being one and done. Voyager was going to have Year of Hell be an entire season, but then tptb decided it would be better as two episodes that ended with a reset button.

A massive flaw with old Trek is that serious things happen and it's never followed up upon. If Star Trek TNG were made today and the MAIN CHARACTER becomes a bad guy do you honestly think the show wouldn't go in a dark place after the fact? In TNG after Lotocus, you've got the episode Family, where Picard goes to his home to heal from his experiences, and then his experiences as a mass murderer (although programmed by the Borg) are conveniently swept under the rug the rest of the franchise, a few mentions (DS9 ep1 and First Contact notwithstanding).

Flaw.

Remember when Picard ends up living an entire life time on an alien planet, has a wife, kids, and entire community and they die out? And he just kind of like, doesn't even have to go Troi for therapy for it?

Flaw.

Voyager regularly made reset button episodes so that nothing of consequence ever sticks. Remember the time when the original canon Kim DIES in an episode and a Kim from a literal alternate dimension replaces him and it's not mentioned again?

Flaw.

Old Star Trek is flawed as fuck, Deep Space Nine being the lone, sole exception (which I must remind you that at time of air date was considered "not Trek?" and is the darkest in the series) because nothing of repercussion ever fucking happens. All Picard does is rather than ignore these things happening and going to another fucking unrelated episode, it continues it.

Big whoop.

You have defended him by saying this show is worth a damn, or that the writing is good. Which honestly is pretty laughable.

No your argument is laughable. I have not, in any way at any time inferred that I view Picard as perfect you simpering troglodytic chuckle fuck. I liked Picard and thought it had a lot of good moments. Was it perfect? No. Could it be roundly improved? Yes. That still doesn't take away that I really enjoyed the Riker episode, or the slower pacing. Chuckle fucks like you have no ability to think for yourself. You're a robot constantly bitching like a complete and utter fa.ggot. Saying the show that takes three or four episodes just for the cast to get to outer space, is too break neck and too pew pew.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 08:05:36 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Occam

« Reply #3143 on: May 22, 2020, 07:42:41 PM »
I actually paused the episode when Dahj appeared at Picard's vineyard and googled Data+Lal to check how exactly she looked, and thought to myself, close enough.

That would have been a much better explanation than "cloning a positronic cell"...

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #3144 on: May 22, 2020, 09:24:05 PM »
Old Trek is episodic or long form with some turds here and there, Picard is long form green apple splatters diarrhea out of the gate.

it will most likely get worse on it's second season there is precedence for this STD S2.
[close]

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3145 on: May 23, 2020, 02:02:54 AM »
Personally I hated it, but watch it until such a point you don't want to anymore and if that point never comes, great! Not sure if you're into trek before, but the opinions in this thread mostly come from a deep history with the show, I imagine most normies would find the show meh - ok.

Occam

« Reply #3146 on: May 23, 2020, 03:02:18 AM »
Come on, my first thought when Dahj came to Picard was that she was Data's daughter Lal. Does that sound like someone who doesn't like Trek? ;)

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3147 on: May 23, 2020, 03:17:23 AM »
Well then be prepared to have an extremely polarised opinion on Picard either way  :engel

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #3148 on: May 23, 2020, 04:09:24 AM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #3149 on: May 23, 2020, 06:32:57 AM »
Saying the show that takes three or four episodes just for the cast to get to outer space, is too break neck and too pew pew.

Hey you silly uptight fucking cunt, once again you havent even read any of my posts when the show was even on, but keep repeating nacho that its all about RLM. When did I ever say that it takes thrse episodes to get to space is too "break.neck and pew pew".

Jesus christ Cindy you really are a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow

I never even said anything like that, or that old trek is perfect, or that nutrek is flawless or any of that other bullcrap you just wrote.

You seem.hellbent on making some fucking drama in here each time though.

I actually liked the first few episodes so get that sand out of your cunt you nasty bitch
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #3150 on: May 23, 2020, 06:45:57 AM »
Anyways, let's actually discuss the show.

Episode 6 was fantastic.

The reunion with Hugh, the Borg reclamation project scenes were the most positive Trek in DECADES, the tension and build up to Soji's dream. I like all of the characters and how it's a show about the struggle to find good in a harsh universe. I love this show and I'm excited as FUCK for the next episode.

It also looked like Soji's father looked sort of like Bashir. I'll be giddy if that's the case.

"These aren't monsters, they're victims."

:bow

RLM complainers: WHEN IS IT GOING TO BE POSITIVE TREK AGAIN reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Also reusing the old Hugh actor :hyper

And this week we get to see Riker and Troi :hyper

Look at this trash opinion. "The reunion with Hugh and the Borg reclamaition project is the most positive star trek in years"

:lol

Their struggle to find good in a baaaaaad universe :lol

Bitch was even crying about RLM when none of us were posting about it all that much. What's your general malfunction that you want us to respect your opinion, but when its our opinion ( that happens to be shared by many including rlm ) its not worth listening to or is just outright wrong?

Because u are delusional.

I wish you would go back to your safespace Trek thread, where noone comes because u are a grade a chipolata cunt
What

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3151 on: May 23, 2020, 06:50:53 AM »

Nah, watch the whole thing and decide for yourself if you liked it or not.

Furthermore, as someone wrote in a reddit post today, most struggle with the differences in format between classic Trek and Picard. Classic Trek is episodic; Picard is long form serialization.

yeah, some rando on reddit nailed it; rick and morty copypasta.
Dumbos just don't understand the difference between episodic and serialised. That's the problem.

:foodcourt

A massive flaw with old Trek is that serious things happen and it's never followed up upon. If Star Trek TNG were made today and the MAIN CHARACTER becomes a bad guy do you honestly think the show wouldn't go in a dark place after the fact? In TNG after Lotocus, you've got the episode Family, where Picard goes to his home to heal from his experiences, and then his experiences as a mass murderer (although programmed by the Borg) are conveniently swept under the rug the rest of the franchise, a few mentions (DS9 ep1 and First Contact notwithstanding).

I really don't know why you want to lean into this.
How many minutes of screentime of next season of Picard do you think they are going to spend on the repercussions of Season 1 and the fact that
he's not even human anymore?
[close]
"Oh, but, it only has 10 episodes now! They can't waste time on that when there is this brand new mystery to unravel, in what I am sure will turn out to be a logical and plothole free carefully crafted narrative!"

People forgive a lot in the service of a good story.
People will nitpick the shit out of sloppy writing if the end result is a mess.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3152 on: May 23, 2020, 07:29:44 AM »
uptight fucking cunt

distinguished mentally-challenged fellow

get that sand out of your cunt

you nasty bitch

Bitch

Because u are delusional.

u are a grade a chipolata cunt
:jeanluc :iface
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #3153 on: May 23, 2020, 07:45:49 AM »
Yeah MM you need to seriously calm the fuck down.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #3154 on: May 23, 2020, 07:49:51 AM »
She started with the insults over a tv show fuck her
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3155 on: May 23, 2020, 08:19:11 AM »
When two dudes say to another dude to chill the fuck out, the dude should say: "Sorry breh, yeah I went over the line"
and the dudes would respond with: "Don't worry bro, we got you"

If we ignore the basic rules and act like inaudible screeching bitches because our feelings got hurt on a message board we might as well be ResetEra posters

🤴

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3156 on: May 23, 2020, 08:54:27 AM »
Just bail on the quote thread if you get this mad man, no need to reply to everyone.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3157 on: May 23, 2020, 09:29:59 AM »
Are we really gonna have to start banning people because of Star Trek again?  :notlikethis
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3158 on: May 23, 2020, 09:48:55 AM »
Seriously, what is with this thread?  MMaRsu, you reported others' posts for being nasty to you, only to go and do it right back?

It's time to stop having meltdowns and insulting each other OVER STAR TREK.  Keep it civil.  Can't do it?  Stop responding to the person you don't agree with.

Are we really gonna have to start banning people because of Star Trek again?  :notlikethis

Time for Bore Section 31?
:expert
ど助平

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #3159 on: May 23, 2020, 10:58:35 AM »
Y’all are making Star Wars fans look sane and dignified
WDW

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #3160 on: May 23, 2020, 12:07:05 PM »
feelings got hurt on a message board we might as well be ResetEra posters

Board is worse than that forum. Has been for quite awhile. So you can stop memeing over declaring your love for a place that is shitty in its own right. This thread is a perfect example of it and there are plenty of others. Just saying. Just enjoy the downward spiral.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3161 on: May 23, 2020, 12:08:44 PM »

Fuck her? FUCK YOUUUUUUUU

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3162 on: May 23, 2020, 12:14:20 PM »
Ban everyone who posted in this thread
Leper everyone who hasn't
Mod filler

Stoney Mason

« Reply #3163 on: May 23, 2020, 12:21:23 PM »

Fuck her? FUCK YOUUUUUUUU

This thread has brought out the worse in everybody in the last year. Myself included which I happily admit. I don't understand many things. I don't understand why people can't accept that people like or dislike something. I can't understand why people won't shut up about said dislike or like in post after post after post and instead post at a normal human ratio. I don't understand why posting videos replaced the actual discussion that people use to have about their own opinions on specific episodes. What other thread is like this. Who posts movie reviews from critics in the movie review thread instead of just talking about their own opinions. I can't understand why what use to be a fun thread about watching Star Trek that like 5 people posted in has devolved into this embarrassing shitshow. Like a lot of things on the board, I just shrug and say fuck it at this point. If everybody is going to fling shit, I'm gonna happily fling my shit too whenever I get the urge.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3164 on: May 23, 2020, 12:22:40 PM »
You guys broke Stoney, go to your rooms

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3165 on: May 23, 2020, 12:22:44 PM »

Board is worse than that forum. Has been for quite awhile. So you can stop memeing over declaring your love for a place that is shitty in its own right. This thread is a perfect example of it and there are plenty of others. Just saying. Just enjoy the downward spiral.

I don't know if this is what you're referring to, but I'm just tired of the negativity (happening everywhere) and am done with it.  Don't need that crap and will stay positive.  We shouldn't be shitting all over each other- doesn't that go against everything Star Trek is supposed to be about?  :)
ど助平

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3166 on: May 23, 2020, 12:23:44 PM »
This forum is what you make it by who you interact with and how

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3167 on: May 23, 2020, 12:26:16 PM »

It's time for the negativity and shit posting* to stop.  We all have enough problems in real life as it is.

*Other forums thread doesn't count :P
ど助平

Stoney Mason

« Reply #3168 on: May 23, 2020, 12:29:09 PM »

I don't know if this is what you're referring to, but I'm just tired of the negativity (happening everywhere) and am done with it.  Don't need that crap and will stay positive.

I've stated my opinion on the board many times and the direction I think it has gone in the last couple of years so I won't rehash it. It is what it is. And I don't envy any of the mods. Outside of a few threads I don't really enjoy posting on the board. This use to be one of them. That went away too. Maybe the gaming side is better at this point. Which is pretty crazy considering most of the entrenched fandom wars use to be on that side. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3169 on: May 23, 2020, 12:30:24 PM »

I don't know if this is what you're referring to, but I'm just tired of the negativity (happening everywhere) and am done with it.  Don't need that crap and will stay positive.

I've stated my opinion on the board many times and the direction I think it has gone in the last couple of years so I won't rehash it. It is what it is. And I don't envy any of the mods. Outside of a few threads I don't really enjoy posting on the board. Maybe the gaming side is better at this point. Which is pretty crazy considering most of the entrenched fandom wars use to be on that side.

Yeah.  Gaming has improved a lot recently.  Would be nice to see this side head in that direction.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #3170 on: May 23, 2020, 12:30:26 PM »

Board is worse than that forum. Has been for quite awhile.

:social2 Let's not get carried away.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3171 on: May 23, 2020, 12:31:07 PM »

It's time for the negativity and shit posting* to stop.  We all have enough problems in real life as it is.

Just delete it, dummy. Respectable posters don’t go there  :snob

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3172 on: May 23, 2020, 12:33:40 PM »

Just delete it, dummy. Respectable posters don’t go there  :snob

It has its place and stuff stays quarantined in there- I post plenty in that thread but TBH I wouldn't care if it went away.  People would have meltdowns if it got deleted.  Look at the backlash I got just for moving it to the member-only subforum (which is just awful).
ど助平

Stoney Mason

« Reply #3173 on: May 23, 2020, 12:33:44 PM »

I'll absolutely go there. I'd rather post there than here a million times over for various reasons. But you are of course entitled to your opinion. I see the same agenda posting bullshit over there that I see here. We are zero percent better and often worse. I could make a mock thread for this board just like the mock thread that exists for resetera era over here.

Tasty

« Reply #3174 on: May 23, 2020, 12:34:14 PM »
I really need to fix the Ignore Thread extension so it stores more than ~1000 threadblocks.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3175 on: May 23, 2020, 12:34:48 PM »

I'll absolutely go there. I'd rather post there than here a million times over for various reasons. But you are of course entitled to your opinion. I see the same agenda posting bullshit over there that I see here. We are zero percent better and often worse.

You're both right. 
ど助平

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3176 on: May 23, 2020, 12:34:56 PM »
It has its place — false
It stays quarantined — also false

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3177 on: May 23, 2020, 12:36:33 PM »
It has its place — false
It stays quarantined — also false

We can debate over the former, but all the posting about off-site stuff has stayed in that thread.
ど助平

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3178 on: May 23, 2020, 12:38:42 PM »
Categorically untrue, my dude. All the shittiest posters on this board have been people drawn in by that shit show and then spilling over. You just like posting in there. People gonna be reee and leave if you delete, of course. That’s the point

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3179 on: May 23, 2020, 12:41:32 PM »
Categorically untrue, my dude. All the shittiest posters on this board have been people drawn in by that shit show and then spilling over. You just like posting in there. People gonna be reee and leave if you delete, of course. That’s the point

We're talking about two different things here.  I'm only referring to the content.  If you don't like some posters that's a different thing. 

Also thanks for causing more drama and lots of shit directed towards me after making a thread on something I pm'd you about.  :-\
ど助平