Author Topic: star trek  (Read 326924 times)

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Re: star trek
« Reply #3180 on: May 23, 2020, 12:43:19 PM »
You’re welcome. Content, too, though. You’re lying to yourself or just haven’t seen it if you think it contains itself. But whatever, I’ll just hang out until the lights are out

Tasty

« Reply #3181 on: May 23, 2020, 12:43:57 PM »
feelings got hurt on a message board we might as well be ResetEra posters

Board is worse than that forum. Has been for quite awhile.

:social2 Let's not get carried away.

I'll absolutely go there. I'd rather post there than here a million times over for various reasons. But you are of course entitled to your opinion. I see the same agenda posting bullshit over there that I see here. We are zero percent better and often worse.

Even in a hypothetical situation where The Bore and RE are equally negative, just by sheer volume this place is more manageable and more enjoyable to post on. And yes, gaming side is fine.

Also, this place is better off than it was during the Dark Times 2-3 years ago. It goes up and down. But I have a RE account and I've lurked RE and there is no comparison. I know where I'd rather have a discussion.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3182 on: May 23, 2020, 12:47:00 PM »
Had a reply for Cats, but nah- deleted.  I'm done posting about this.  All it's doing is making this thread even shittier. 

Let's talk about Star Trek.  :)
ど助平

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3183 on: May 23, 2020, 12:47:52 PM »
I still like Q the best (no maga)

Edit: what, you didn’t edit out a reply, you edited in more of a reply! Lol

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3184 on: May 23, 2020, 12:50:28 PM »
Anyway, I’m starting Picard today. I’m sure to have some opinions that will make half of you upset

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3185 on: May 23, 2020, 12:53:18 PM »
rank the final fantasys star trek films:

wrath of khan > voyage home > the motion picture > undiscovered country > first contact > Beyond > Star Trek feat. Sabotage By The Beastie Boys > Into darkness >Insurrection > Generations > Final Frontier > Nemesis

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3186 on: May 23, 2020, 12:53:46 PM »
Anyway, I’m starting Picard today. I’m sure to have some opinions that will make half of you upset
Sign off every post with a picture of Necar Zadegan and no one will be upset  :noah

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #3187 on: May 23, 2020, 12:56:24 PM »
feelings got hurt on a message board we might as well be ResetEra posters

Board is worse than that forum. Has been for quite awhile.

:social2 Let's not get carried away.

I'll absolutely go there. I'd rather post there than here a million times over for various reasons. But you are of course entitled to your opinion. I see the same agenda posting bullshit over there that I see here. We are zero percent better and often worse.

Even in a hypothetical situation where The Bore and RE are equally negative, just by sheer volume this place is more manageable and more enjoyable to post on. And yes, gaming side is fine.

Also, this place is better off than it was during the Dark Times 2-3 years ago. It goes up and down. But I have a RE account and I've lurked RE and there is no comparison. I know where I'd rather have a discussion.

All I can say is that if this is the kind of environment you want to post in so be it. It isn't for me. It was once. It isn't anymore. It hasn't been for quite awhile. And its pretty easy to just dismiss the whole board as not a positive experience but just kind of a shithole that I'd prefer not to waste time on excepting a few small pockets. This use to be one of those pockets. It's not anymore just like a lot of things. The more and more of these pockets that get removed, the easier it makes it not to visit.

I'll make that my last post on the subject since the thread is supposed to be about "star trek" or maybe RLM at this point.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #3188 on: May 23, 2020, 12:58:23 PM »
Where did RLM touch you?

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #3189 on: May 23, 2020, 12:59:06 PM »
Where did RLM touch you?

The same place your mom did.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3190 on: May 23, 2020, 12:59:24 PM »
The heart?

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #3191 on: May 23, 2020, 01:00:24 PM »
Your Mama has a glass eye with a goldfish in it and peg leg with a kickstand.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3192 on: May 23, 2020, 01:03:20 PM »
:peach

Maybe this thread needs a reboot, like Star Trek got with those movies. :thinking
ど助平

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #3193 on: May 23, 2020, 01:04:08 PM »
Nah it just needs people to have some standards with the media they consume.  :P

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3194 on: May 23, 2020, 01:05:49 PM »
I swear to watch Picard today and add Star Trek content within the week

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3195 on: May 23, 2020, 01:09:42 PM »
I swear to watch Picard today and add Star Trek content within the week
:bolo
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #3196 on: May 23, 2020, 01:13:11 PM »
I think a new thread with the following rules would be fine:

- No RLM discussion (can be touched on, but I'm fine with RLM videos being in the RLM thread, clearly it's become a distraction no matter how you feel about them)
- No personal attacks or saying shit like "You're an idiot if you like X"

For the latter, it's less about censorship of free speech and more that everyone has trotted that line out at least four different times in support of their "argument" except it doesn't support any argument and I'm sick of reading it.

I think this board could support a healthy Star Trek discussion and it wouldn't take much, just people not acting like fucking howler monkeys flinging shit at each other basically.

Cindi was on the right track with her separate thread. If it was allowed to stay separate and was retitled instead of merged, this mess would have been avoided.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3197 on: May 23, 2020, 01:13:22 PM »
Rebooting the thread won't help bork, the words may disappear but these feels will stay. I don't have an answer either, for me personally I just disengage when I can tell shit's about to get hairy, I had a lovely arguement with Stoney the other day and I felt it ended okay, kinda bums me out to see how mad/sad everyone is tbh :fbm

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3198 on: May 23, 2020, 01:15:31 PM »
Rebooting the thread won't help bork, the words may disappear but these feels will stay. I don't have an answer either, for me personally I just disengage when I can tell shit's about to get hairy, I had a lovely arguement with Stoney the other day and I felt it ended okay, kinda bums me out to see how mad/sad everyone is tbh :fbm

The answer is "talk about Star Trek and debating is OK, but stop shitting on each other for having differing opinions."  Be like the federation and do it diplomatically or whatever.  Sorry, I don't know enough about Trek for this.
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3199 on: May 23, 2020, 01:19:04 PM »

The answer is "talk about Star Trek and debating is OK, but stop shitting on each other for having differing opinions."  Be like the federation and do it diplomatically or whatever.  Sorry, I don't know enough about Trek for this.
Federation diplomacy requires compliance, Ferengi diplomacy only needs the will to make profit  :quark

Himu

« Reply #3200 on: May 23, 2020, 01:22:03 PM »

- No RLM discussion (can be touched on, but I'm fine with RLM videos being in the RLM thread, clearly it's become a distraction no matter how you feel about them)

For the latter, it's less about censorship of free speech and more that everyone has trotted that line out at least four different times in support of their "argument" except it doesn't support any argument and I'm sick of reading it.

I think this board could support a healthy Star Trek discussion and it wouldn't take much, just people not acting like fucking howler monkeys flinging shit at each other basically.

Cindi was on the right track with her separate thread. If it was allowed to stay separate and was retitled instead of merged, this mess would have been avoided.

I'm not allowed to have a separate thread because constant modding.

Can't have it both ways. We have people completely at odds with each other so I make a new Star Trek thread. It gets posts. Mod moves those goddamn posts and FORCES us to interact, when we all know we are volatile. THANKS MODS.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #3201 on: May 23, 2020, 01:24:02 PM »
I agree it was a poor decision. The thread should have been retitled.

Thread-based message boards allow people to avoid entering threads they don't want to participate in; being forced into a thread makes interacting with others inevitable and Super Ignore doesn't scale for everyone.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3202 on: May 23, 2020, 01:25:15 PM »

I'm not allowed to have a separate thread because constant modding.

Can't have it both ways. We have people completely at odds with each other so I make a new Star Trek thread. It gets posts. Mod moves those goddamn posts and FORCES us to interact, when we all know we are volatile. THANKS MODS.

Sigh.

Nobody said you couldn't post in your other thread.  Your other thread is still there.  I thought the thread was bumped accidentally and merged the last couple of posts here.  We've already had this discussion.

I'm getting so tired of this fucking shit. 
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #3203 on: May 23, 2020, 01:28:12 PM »
Also thanks bork for snitching on MMrasu. Now we know why mods are suddenly in this thread. It's because you're a PUSSY THAT REPORTS.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3204 on: May 23, 2020, 01:30:51 PM »
Also thanks bork for snitching on MMrasu. Now we know why mods are suddenly in this thread. It's because you're a PUSSY THAT REPORTS.

He's not the only one who has reported posts here.  Also stop.  That goes for everybody- stop it with starting up more shit. 

All of you.  Move on or get a ban.  It has come to that now.  Over fucking STAR TREK.
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3205 on: May 23, 2020, 01:32:35 PM »
You should just ignore all reports, stop moderating and only add emotes when you feel like it, make it someone else's problem  :asuka

I get along with you well bork, and I honestly think it's not worth your trouble, you catch a lot of shit on here for situations you're asked to get involved in via reports and I don't think it's right for you to carry this shit, our shit.

Tasty

« Reply #3206 on: May 23, 2020, 01:33:44 PM »
bork is not immune to taking shit too seriously either. :trumps

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3207 on: May 23, 2020, 01:34:07 PM »
Momo, please stop posting about this.  I'm just going to close this thread if it continues.
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3208 on: May 23, 2020, 01:34:54 PM »
reading through the last few pages is making me regret ever submitting post on this thread :dead
I actually read the first few pages of this thread yesterday, thread was banging back then  :ryker

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3209 on: May 23, 2020, 01:35:04 PM »
I’m sentencing all of the bire to attend a zoom meeting on nonviolent communication

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3210 on: May 23, 2020, 01:36:30 PM »
I reported him  :klob :biden

Has anyone ever tried the Star Trek VR game?, its on sale right now
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3211 on: May 23, 2020, 01:36:51 PM »
OK, that's it.

The other Trek thread is now the Star Trek thread.

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=47141.0
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 01:43:07 PM by bork »
ど助平