Author Topic: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: I don't know what I just saw  (Read 925891 times)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: I don't know what I just saw
« Reply #11340 on: June 02, 2021, 12:47:59 PM »
theyre trimming up for a sale surely, or trying to get to get Tony Khan to spend aew of business by bloating their budget with WWE cast offs, I'd give it 99% to the sale and 1% to the 9d chess move
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11341 on: June 02, 2021, 01:25:20 PM »
theyre trimming up for a sale surely, or trying to get to get Tony Khan to spend aew of business by bloating their budget with WWE cast offs, I'd give it 99% to the sale and 1% to the 9d chess move

I just read up on it.  They fired a bunch of media/production staff recently, then talent (more cuts supposedly coming), and then hired more execs.  This is seemingly stuff that Nick Khan is doing- my guess is if things go south, Vince blames and shits all over him.
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11342 on: June 02, 2021, 01:29:54 PM »
if they aren't priming up for a sale then none of this makes sense, Vince has done some stupid shit recently, but not in the business side and they seem to be hiring the best in the business by accounts :doge
(ice)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #11343 on: June 02, 2021, 04:53:49 PM »
They just hired the former ESPN exec responsible for the "First Take-ification" of the network into a smoldering pile of Bayless-Smith shit, so yay?

I think they're priming for a sale. Apparently Santana Garrett (the biggest unknown) was set to debut on Smackdown this Friday, lol. SD's roster now has SEVEN total women on it after canning Ruby, who I hope goes on to somewhere that appreciates her better.
yar

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11344 on: June 02, 2021, 09:52:22 PM »
Apparently Braun was canned because of his contract- $1 million a year.  Did they not try to renegotiate with him?

SD's roster now has SEVEN total women on it after canning Ruby, who I hope goes on to somewhere that appreciates her better.

Technically there's two more with Mia Yim and Sonya Deville, but it's still looking pretty thin, yeah.  Raw isn't that much better.  I think they have 10 active women right now?  They could always break up the tag teams and split them across the rosters.  Maybe Naomi will be moved back to SD now.
ど助平

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #11345 on: June 02, 2021, 10:02:56 PM »
Before they go out on the road she'll probably get moved to SD, yeah, because pre-covid they had an unwritten but pretty strictly adhered to policy of not splitting couples up between brands so they got to travel together, and the Usos are on SD.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #11346 on: June 08, 2021, 01:03:26 AM »
"Raw headlined by doll scaring former MMA fighter"

Maybe Shayna will luck out and get released soon.
yar

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #11347 on: June 08, 2021, 01:09:09 AM »
Braun redubeting on AEW as Beeg Toughgui

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11348 on: July 10, 2021, 01:46:03 PM »
I've been doing some deep and important research and Down With The Sickness was never a WWF PPV theme :titus
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11349 on: July 17, 2021, 12:17:13 AM »

:dsp
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11350 on: July 19, 2021, 01:47:55 PM »
who is the fake :rogan that is commentating on the raw matches on :money in da bank?
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11351 on: July 22, 2021, 10:15:32 AM »

Dave Meltzer is a fucking psycho :lol :lol :lol

spoiler (click to show/hide)
both are at least 60 too :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice
[close]
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11352 on: July 23, 2021, 12:48:28 PM »

Just posting this for the thumbnail  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
(ice)

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Hi

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11354 on: July 25, 2021, 05:30:01 AM »
whats the deal there, I don't follow them at all but I thought their thing was mostly irony championship wrestling with some shitty death matches thrown in

(ice)

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #11355 on: July 29, 2021, 06:03:46 AM »
The former Zack Ryder beat legit criminal Nick Gage (with a lot of outside help) to win their world title lol.
Hi

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11356 on: July 29, 2021, 09:31:49 AM »
is zack daddy not hard-core enough for them  :heyman
(ice)

Human Snorenado

• Icon
yar

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11358 on: July 31, 2021, 04:29:57 PM »
there was word going around not long back that he was in a bad place cos of luke harpers death, he maybe decided to put family first and not be on the road half of the year. he doesn't seem like  he'd get a lol fuck you wwe release
(ice)

« Reply #11359 on: July 31, 2021, 11:55:56 PM »
Wasn't a big fan of Bray Wyatt or the stupid nursery rhymes/puppet shows/bad gimmick matches, but I have to say the guy made the most of his gimmicks. (Husky Harris excluded)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11360 on: August 02, 2021, 07:06:44 AM »
there was word going around not long back that he was in a bad place cos of luke harpers death, he maybe decided to put family first and not be on the road half of the year. he doesn't seem like  he'd get a lol fuck you wwe release

Didn't Bray Wyatt ditch his wife and child to go shack up with Jojo?   :brain

Anyway-

When Bray Wyatt was released by the WWE just days ago, it reportedly had a major effect on the entire WWE roster and it even sent them shockwaves like never before. This is because Brat Wyatt was beloved by almost everyone in the WWE and he was also one of the top merchandise sellers the company has had. The feeling backstage is that since the promotion put so much time, money and effort into him and his characters, most especially his "The Fiend" character, he was untouchable and he wouldn't be affected by the releases brought about by the budget cuts.

According to Fightful, nearly 20 WWE talents said that they were very frustrated with the company and that some of the veterans even feel like their jobs are no longer safe. It was also noted that morale in WWE had dropped in a big way during the previous batch of releases, but once live events returned, morale was back up, though when Bray Wyatt was released, morale took a huge hit once again.

WWE has always seen a rotation with their talents, but lately things have been a lot different in the WWE, especially since top Superstars are the ones who are being released. The budget cuts reason that the WWE has been giving their talents is believed to be accurate as the WWE want to get their payroll under control.

A couple of years ago, a number of WWE talents were given bigger contracts because WWE Chairman Vince McMahon didn't want his wrestlers to sign with AEW, but now it seems that the mindset has changed and they are more on keeping costs down than worrying about people jumping ship to AEW or other wrestling promotions.
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11361 on: August 02, 2021, 07:50:31 AM »
he was shite anyway :shh

they should release rollins next :rash
(ice)

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #11362 on: August 02, 2021, 03:27:05 PM »
Like, up until the last batch of releases, nobody released was really "surprising" because it was mostly people that weren't being used or were misused that Vince had just accumulated during the years their plan was to prevent anything from ever challenging them again by way of having signed everyone.

Seems like Nick Khan is running things more than anyone has ever run shit before, tho, and he dgaf.

Bray isn't gonna have a 6 Star Meltzer match or whatever but dude's act(s) resonated with a lot of people and he sold a shit ton of merch. Cutting someone like that is a huge indictment of your ability to book a wrasslin promotion.

The dirty not so secret is that the 'E really isn't a wrasslin promotion anymore tho, they're a "global entertainment conglomerate" that is more interested in taking Saudi blood money than they are what fans wanna see :teehee
[close]
yar

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11363 on: August 02, 2021, 05:54:11 PM »
dave melty has changed his criteria for starting ratings just this week as to not upset Chris jericho (source: :cornette) so bray wyatts best shit that got a big reaction is 4 stars at bare minimum  :snob
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11364 on: August 03, 2021, 01:13:00 PM »
WWE have released Ric Flair :woooo

I never thought he was under a proper contract :titus
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11365 on: August 03, 2021, 10:14:17 PM »
He had a Legends contract.  Apparently he asked for the release so this wasn't a budget cut.
ど助平

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #11366 on: August 03, 2021, 10:28:43 PM »
Flair is probably going to show up in AEW as Andrade's Emotional Support Veteran. I'd guess that he finally watched AEW for the first time once Andrade debuted and noticed that old wrasslers over there don't exist just for Randy Orton to beat up.
yar

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11367 on: August 03, 2021, 11:42:16 PM »
He allegedly wasn't happy with that Lacey Evans storyline, either.  I can see him going to AEW and hanging out with his old buddy Stang.
ど助平

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #11368 on: August 04, 2021, 01:49:28 PM »
AEW is kinda hilarious because you have all these old wrasslers as like, ostensibly coaches or valets or emotional support veterans I guess? Like, what is Jake Roberts doing hanging out with Lance Archer? Getting a pay check obviously but in a lot of ways I don't get it.

I have mostly come around on the idea of AEW tho, possibly because WWE is at what has to be an all time low. I'll watch clips of things Roman does and ppvs, but weekly RAW or SD? lol no thanks, I don't have any interest in Goldberg getting blown up on the way down to the ring to have a 5 minute match with Lashley.

NXT is still consistently good and now we also have SOMOA JOE back murdering people, which is always fun.
yar

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11369 on: August 04, 2021, 02:29:19 PM »
smackdown is mostly fine in a have it on in the background while doing something else way since crowds came back imo
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11370 on: August 05, 2021, 07:49:01 AM »
I have mostly come around on the idea of AEW tho, possibly because WWE is at what has to be an all time low.

Starting to feel like I might give AEW another shot and start watching again, but I dunno.
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11371 on: August 05, 2021, 08:06:36 AM »
i watched an episode a few months ago and i'd have honestly rather watched an empty arena raw. fwiw i've come to loathe the indy style of wrestling that they do though, its why i don't really like nxt too, aside the odd part here and there :trumps
(ice)

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #11372 on: August 05, 2021, 10:35:55 AM »
 :hhh

tbh the thing about AEW is that it's like... 40-50% indie wanker shit (which is not my favorite, either) 25% developmental for people that are too green for their spots but can be entertaining, and like 25-35% other shit, where the other shit can be any combo of old school rasslin featuring Cody, hardcore death match stupidity, comedy shit featuring Orange Cassidy etc, or nostalgia shit featuring [insert old guy here] and most importantly, Miro (the artist formerly known as Rusev) physically destroying people and cutting crazy promos about how he's God's favorite champion and loves his hot, double jointed wife.

I'm going to be interested to see how they fit Punk into all of it. Bryan is easy, he just wants to wrestle people and has no problem doing dumb comedy shit, honestly he'll probably start hanging out with Orange Cassidy and his group of goofballs, which will be cool just because it will trigger Cornette.

The single best thing about AEW is that it has coherent booking- people do things for reasons and it's followed up on. You don't feel stupid for rooting for someone for months or getting invested into a storyline just to have it forgotten about or suffer through dumb shit like 50-50 booking. Miro seems like a big deal because they have presented him like a big deal, and he never loses (and honestly someone that is almost 300 pounds and jacked like that SHOULD be ripping apart that roster of indie wanker shitheads).
yar

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11374 on: August 07, 2021, 01:54:51 PM »
bronson reed :wtf it seems like every round of releases now have one u wot m8 in them among a load of deadwood

the rest are "who?" or "i can see that" :trumps

i wonder if there must be truth to the whispers that nick 'not tony' khan doesn't like triple h and is releasing some of these to fuck with him/a power move :doge
(ice)

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #11375 on: August 07, 2021, 03:57:22 PM »
I think it's all Vince, and I think what's going on is that HHH/NXT are seen as having "lost" to AEW and this is some kind of punishment. Would also help explain the Kross booking on RAW.

The big "wtf" is obviously Reed, but Mercedes Martinez was challenging for the women's title a couple times recently and was last seen being knocked the fuck out on live tv so that kinda sucks, Tyler Rust was in a stable (Diamond Mine) that was getting weekly tv time (even tho he personally is boring as drywall, he needs to find a fat dude and they can just be Jay and Silent Bob cosplay wrasslers cause he has no discernible personality) and Leon Ruff is ostensibly a former low/midcard champion that was frequently on tv earlier this year. All the rest of them weren't going to be used and more or less had no potential other than Jake Atlas and Bobby Fish (who is old)
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #11376 on: August 21, 2021, 12:16:57 AM »
BAH GAWD, BUSINESS IS ABOUT TO PICK UP

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1428900921854078983?s
yar

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11377 on: August 21, 2021, 03:13:45 AM »
meanwhile, the wwe are copying wcw 2000 angles :rash
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11378 on: August 22, 2021, 08:10:24 AM »

ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11379 on: August 22, 2021, 08:17:56 AM »
did they release husky Harris cos :brock has stolen his look :heh
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11380 on: August 22, 2021, 01:15:27 PM »
I do like it when they go for the smaller entrance way, the titantron and set taking up one side of the arena set up that wrestling has had for the past nearly 25 years has become boring imo
(ice)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11381 on: August 25, 2021, 12:13:55 AM »

:)

team filler

• filler
  • filler

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11383 on: September 06, 2021, 09:00:00 AM »
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11384 on: September 06, 2021, 09:52:55 AM »
they really need to stop gobbling up everyone who leaves the fed now, its very TNA, expect they do their anti :money shootz on jerichos podcast instead of the actual tv show :doge

i'd give them a shot if they had some new and interesting dudes and not be the same old vanilla midgets and cast offs i was barely watching in wwe, plus kenny omega and the young bucks and a few indie jaybrones :boring
(ice)

Kurt Russell

« Reply #11385 on: September 07, 2021, 12:39:10 PM »
The AEW love-in is getting a bit silly now.

The CM Punk match was hard mediocre, but I'm seeing it get B+ scores everywhere. The women's battle royale was all kinds of terrible and that got a B-. The PPV was easily 90 minutes too long, some matches felt like a real slog to get through and the only really outstanding match was Bucks v Luchas.

I get that people really want a credible opposition promotion, but automatically increasing match ratings just because it's not WWE and <insert indie darling here> is over there is entirely counter-productive.

The absolute worst thing about AEW is AEW marks.

Also can't look at Tony Khan without seeing this:

[close]
woke

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11386 on: September 07, 2021, 12:45:58 PM »
its very much based off an anti :money sentiment

how many posts do you see about aew online that don't mention wwe somewhere?

fwiw both are shite and i watch neither (other than a couple of smackdowns when crowds came back), maybe wrestling isn't for me anymore :huh
(ice)

Kurt Russell

« Reply #11387 on: September 07, 2021, 12:48:35 PM »

fwiw both are shite and i watch neither (other than a couple of smackdowns when crowds came back), maybe wrestling isn't for me anymore :huh

I hear you. Thinking I might give NWA a try when I want to scratch that itch.
woke

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11388 on: September 07, 2021, 12:52:11 PM »
i might give the 'new' nxt a watch, what they're apparently going for (no more indie midgets, focus on younger talent with charisma) sounds like it could be ok in theory
(ice)

Kurt Russell

« Reply #11389 on: September 07, 2021, 01:05:09 PM »
I've kind of made peace with the fact that nothing will ever reach the heights of TNA 2008.

Farewell, sweet prince.

woke

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11390 on: September 07, 2021, 01:24:27 PM »
The AEW love-in is getting a bit silly now.

The CM Punk match was hard mediocre, but I'm seeing it get B+ scores everywhere. The women's battle royale was all kinds of terrible and that got a B-. The PPV was easily 90 minutes too long, some matches felt like a real slog to get through and the only really outstanding match was Bucks v Luchas.

I get that people really want a credible opposition promotion, but automatically increasing match ratings just because it's not WWE and <insert indie darling here> is over there is entirely counter-productive.

The absolute worst thing about AEW is AEW marks.

Also can't look at Tony Khan without seeing this:

[close]
HOLY SHIT!
HOLY SHIT!
HOLY SHIT!

Kurt Russell

« Reply #11391 on: September 22, 2021, 01:20:19 PM »
I've been playing a lot of Total Extreme Wrestling lately. I felt this was a better home for it than making a separate thread in the vidya forums.

My best card to date:

I've been pulling a Vince and creating my own ring names to own the gimmicks, so:

Johnny Detonator: Christian Casanova
Derby All-In: Darby Allin
Eddy Mayhem: Eddy Only
Cowboy Page: Hangman Adam Page
Sid Takahashi: Hiromu Takahashi
Pat Gunn: Velveteen Dream
Thought Police: Barbaro Cavernario & El Texano Jr
Eastern Express: Tadasuke & HAYATA
woke

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11393 on: October 21, 2021, 12:09:11 PM »
Was gonna watch Khashoggimania cos i find the Saudi shows fascinatingly weird. But they're starting with a Seth Rollins match, so suck my balls Vince, I'm not watching :hmph
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

« Reply #11395 on: November 05, 2021, 03:12:46 PM »
Lots of WWE firings.

Don't want to celebrate anyone losing his job, but never was a fan of Nia Jax. Her firing was for the best.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11396 on: November 07, 2021, 03:13:36 PM »
apparently some were cuz they won't get vaxxed, which makes sense on one hand, but is weird coming from titan sports :doge
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11397 on: November 08, 2021, 12:31:54 AM »
Lots of WWE firings.

Don't want to celebrate anyone losing his job, but never was a fan of Nia Jax. Her firing was for the best.

Not just wrestlers, but executives too.  I think I saw that one of them was just on an earnings call a few days ago and then was let go the next day?  They're really cleaning house.
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #11398 on: January 30, 2022, 12:34:53 PM »
watching the rumble (my one of 3 ppvs a year these days) and dana brook has a completely new face :doge

and all the new music they give people is fucking horrible, no wonder nobody new is over these days :cornette

honestly the newer themes are nearly tna level shitty
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 12:39:01 PM by Pissy F Benny »
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11399 on: January 30, 2022, 02:20:54 PM »
Maryse
 :mouf

Kofi botch
:neogaf