Author Topic: Official MMO Thread  (Read 108246 times)

etiolate

Re: Double Official MMO Thread of News, Information, and NO GUILD WARS 2
« Reply #180 on: February 28, 2014, 08:30:16 AM »
Yeah TESO is a big download. 20-30 gigs.

etiolate

« Reply #181 on: February 28, 2014, 05:31:32 PM »
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3805-Dev-Watercooler-Pruning-the-Garden-of-War

I am curious to see how WoW players react to this. Either A) They get mad as hell because years of progression were taken away or B) They suddenly realize that there never was any progression and their relative power to monster power was always the same. The third option is magical pain-free cognitive dissonance.

GW2: I've done so many LA attacks. I'm about 30 heirlooms away from the potion now.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #182 on: February 28, 2014, 06:50:27 PM »
I wonder how that new pvp game from the guys that made Camelot is coming along, a pure pvp game could be glorious...

On another note Im shocked Blizz hasnt released some Vanilla servers for WoW yet. That would def bring back hordes of ex players.

etiolate

« Reply #183 on: February 28, 2014, 07:12:49 PM »
It'd bring back a small niche, but not hordes. People may find the past to be far shittier than their nostalgia would tell them.

I did some further combat testing in TESO and there is a weird deal with their hit detection. In melee range, as long as you start the swing in range then it will hit. At least this is so for slow two handed attacks, and even faster chained attacks from one-handers. I was able to start a 3-5 hit chained attack in range, and then back away and turn away from target and it still hit the enemy while I was out of range. It's sort of broken mode of hit detection until they change this.

« Reply #184 on: February 28, 2014, 08:02:24 PM »
ESO AvA: It feels so fucking good carrying out assaults on keeps deep behind enemy lines without having to deal with players fast travelling from any point on the map.

Also mass stealth is pretty legit. There's a significant movement penalty, but you can set up some pretty nice flanks provided you're far away enough.

edit: Oh my fucking god, a small pug group I was with scouted out an enemy zerg moving in on our north keep, killed their whole siege line from stealth before anyone noticed, proceeded to to dismantle their back line, and wiped out their remaining forces who were pounding at the gate. Got at least 30 kills within a minute.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 05:14:21 AM by doctavius bonbon »

etiolate

« Reply #185 on: March 01, 2014, 06:10:07 AM »
Gave TESO another go and

I just don't find that teso's combat holds up in PVP. Throw in the skill lag in large fights and it's just sort meh pvp for me. There's a lack of information, and weird hit detection rules, and just a lack of feel or flow to combat.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 06:12:29 AM by etiolate »

« Reply #186 on: March 01, 2014, 08:56:09 AM »
Gave TESO another go and

I just don't find that teso's combat holds up in PVP. Throw in the skill lag in large fights and it's just sort meh pvp for me. There's a lack of information, and weird hit detection rules, and just a lack of feel or flow to combat.

It's pretty much wow's hit detection, which can be jarring if you've been exclusively playing Guild Wars 2 for nearly two years.  I didn't really have any lag during the large fights I participated in, but that's probably because I didn't jump into the most densely populated campaign instance on the list.

Freyj

« Reply #187 on: March 01, 2014, 11:38:17 AM »
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3805-Dev-Watercooler-Pruning-the-Garden-of-War

I am curious to see how WoW players react to this. Either A) They get mad as hell because years of progression were taken away or B) They suddenly realize that there never was any progression and their relative power to monster power was always the same. The third option is magical pain-free cognitive dissonance.

Or, those of us who aren't made of straw don't see any issue with this because it needed to happen years ago. Given that expansions were always gear wipes, the last time I really cared about how big the numbers were was Vanilla Naxxramas (mostly because extreme AP stacking made it fun to see how high a Sinister Strike could go).

Now? I couldn't tell you what any of my abilities averages were, there's too much else going on to watch numbers. It's just noise, whether it's longer noise or shorter noise is irrelevant.

It'd bring back a small niche, but not hordes. People may find the past to be far shittier than their nostalgia would tell them.

I agree that it would, ultimately, bring back a niche not a horde, but not for the reasons you list. Most people playing the game now never played Vanilla, so they'd have some kind of initial faux nostalgia that would entice them to create a character and quit not soon after due to the general lack of instant gratification.

Having played various Vanilla private servers over the years, I'm pretty comfortable with what Vanilla is and is not. It's a long grind to 60 that's difficult to manage solely on questing. Raid progression is generally easier nowadays due to the fact that Vanilla strategies were very minimal compared to modern ones. Things like element resist and gear checks still manage to slow things down quite a bit.

I'd wager that most people that played in 2004 haven't played in years and wouldn't be interested in returning to MMOs.

etiolate

« Reply #188 on: March 01, 2014, 06:08:16 PM »
One thing I did see people doing in Alliance battles is leaving a sorcerer or bow user out by themselves, then waiting for people to go chase it, and then suddenly their friends would pop out from stealth behind the rocks and jump you.

The area has grand scale which adds to the siege fights. I had a hard time finding scuffles outside of the siege though.

In udder news, SBI is really hurting for WvWvW guilds. Another exodus happened and tonight B team of abyss and crew transferred off. Sort of the last of the new breed we had. Sanctum of Rall flames out hard as well. They're just really bad now. Before leaving, I rolled with B Team through SoR's borderlands with a group of about 15-17 of us. We faced huge SoR zergz and mowed through packs of 30 and 40 of them, Got so many loot bags and finished my wvw monthly in the first hour.

The weird thing is that I realized this burnout/exodus happened at the same time last year. People just flame out after the holidays.

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #189 on: March 02, 2014, 11:20:32 AM »
Finally got to play the TESO beta. Game is incredibly boring, very ugly, and not fun at all.

At least I got to Morrowind!  :hyper

« Reply #190 on: March 02, 2014, 07:43:01 PM »
Ebonheart Pact definitely has the ugliest areas by far.  Fuck that faction. 

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #191 on: March 03, 2014, 11:25:20 AM »
Ebonheart Pact definitely has the ugliest areas by far.  Fuck that faction.

Yeah, I was playing as a Nord and running around Bleakrock then later Morrowind.

It's kind of crazy to me that the game manages to come out more than 2 years after Skyrim and on a platform which is far more powerful than a 360, yet manages to have worse graphics. It even manages to have a story that makes less sense than the crazy bullshit in a typical TES game. I know, MMO development and engine constrains all, but you can really tell this game has been in development for such a long time.

Even with all of that I still managed to enjoy myself in spite of the game being an ugly boring mess. The promise of being able to run around most of Tamriel makes me feel like I'm playing a magical HD sequel to Arena that we never got.

etiolate

« Reply #192 on: March 04, 2014, 09:05:32 PM »
Gonna summarize the Guild Wars 2 Season 1 finale

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Scarlet: JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS!
Players: DIE WHORE
Broham: Lets gank this btich
Kas: CAREFUL JO
Jory: Gonna shank dis ho
SCARLET: ZAP BITCHES LOL
Broham: MAHR LEG
KAS: YOU KILLED JORY YEW BITCHES
Players: *STOMP*
Jory: Kas, I'm ok
*SCHLURP SCHLURP SCHLURP*
Rox: Ok lesbians lets go
Drill: *DRILLLLLLL*
*DRAGON SHIT*
Player: oh ok
[close]

« Reply #193 on: March 04, 2014, 09:55:25 PM »
I will also summarize it

oh wait, I can't

because there are five million showstopper bugs at every phase of this finale.

etiolate

« Reply #194 on: March 04, 2014, 10:00:28 PM »
I beat it after the bug fix patch

:win

They should shorten up the HP on the first phase imo

etiolate

« Reply #195 on: March 14, 2014, 01:04:31 AM »
I think this next, final beta test for TESO will have the combat changes in so I'm going to hop in and try them out.

Other news: Wildstar is getting a June release. The NDA is lifted so I'll say the beta felt a little rough. Hopefully they can get it up to par by June.

Warlords of Draenor is releasing December 20th at the latest. Seems a long time without content for the game. Also, they're upping the expansion price to $50.

« Reply #196 on: March 14, 2014, 03:09:50 AM »
lol @ expansions with a box price of a new PC game -- for a game you already subscribe monthly to.

Freyj

« Reply #197 on: March 14, 2014, 07:44:26 PM »
lol @ expansions with a box price of a new PC game -- for a game you already subscribe monthly to.

We've got another Etoilet. Time to close up shop gents, it was an okay run.

« Reply #198 on: March 15, 2014, 10:00:31 PM »
Decided to do some more PvPvE stuff in Cyrodiil tonight.  Clearing a dungeon for sweet loot feels a lot more satisfying when there's a prospect of enemy players leaping from the shadows to gangbang you.

We've got another Etoilet. Time to close up shop gents, it was an okay run.

you may call me doctoiletus flushbon.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 10:04:00 PM by doctavius bonbon »

etiolate

« Reply #199 on: March 16, 2014, 09:22:37 PM »
I should try the PvPvE stuff before this beta ends.

I didn't notice too much difference in the combat. There's collision detection in PVE, but things like hits/movement still feel disconnected from world. Also, in PvP, TTK is really short. Combined with lack of combat information without searching out mods, and lack of impact/feel in combat, you'll often die in the blink of an eye not know why. It may be some arrow projectile you can barely see critting for huge amounts or just a NB hit.

Interesting thing (to me) is how they handle public based questing. GW2 is totally open and designed around not even needing a group. It also uses a scaling system and the Event system. Wildstar is WoW questing with shared mob tagging, but it punishes your XP and quest progress to help kill a mob someone else is fighting rather than fighting a mob on your own. TESO doesn't seem to punish you for helping kill a mob that someone else is fighting. The quests are more about Point A to Point B and reading a story, so filling out a kill quota isn't a big deal. The way it handles more players though is causing problems with the quests. Instead of scaling up the amount of mobs or spawnrate or mob health it instead creates another phased instance when an area hits a certain quota of players. Players in the same group often get split between these phased parts of an area. You can join-in the same way Overflows work in GW2, but the quest triggers and spawns struggle to keep up with the creation of new phased versions of the area. Many times a NPC won't spawn or work and quest progress is blocked.

Wildstar had outright bugged NPCs/quests. You had NPCs floating high in the air and quest items that simply didn't work. TESO has an issue that doesn't show on in their private test server because there's less players. Due to the higher amount of public beta testers, there's more phases, and the increased phasing outpaces the ability of their quest system. Instead of scaling the size of the event like in GW2, the quest and area just gets copied over into a new instance, but for some reason the quest part doesn't get properly created in the new phased version of the area.

« Reply #200 on: March 18, 2014, 01:36:52 AM »
http://albiononline.com/

Seems to be going for that UO sandbox + full loot PVP audience, with a simple runescape-like aesthetic. Also intended to run on literally every single mobile and desktop platform,  though I'm not sure I'd want to be playing a game with such dire consequences on my Note 2.

etiolate

« Reply #201 on: March 19, 2014, 06:34:54 PM »

BASK IN THE AWE OF MY MAJESTY

Seems like they're going to let LA sit in ruins for awhile.

Also, bonus image just for the bore and triumph

[close]
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 06:37:31 PM by etiolate »

etiolate

« Reply #202 on: March 20, 2014, 05:09:43 PM »
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/traits-unleashed-forty-new-traits-and-more/

Major trait system overhaul. I have mixed feelings about some of the changes. I think they should have done a sweep of traits and replaced all the boring vertical stat bonus traits with interesting play-changer traits. Traits should add functionality not just a vertical boost.

There's new traits, and there's still more vertical boosts in them. The Necro trait sounds like its imbalanced already.

I do love that you'll be able to reset and retrait form anywhere for free.

Damian79

« Reply #203 on: March 21, 2014, 03:05:38 PM »
I just caved in an bought wildstar deluxe.  Meh, i dont have any real use for money anyway.  :(

etiolate

« Reply #204 on: March 24, 2014, 12:35:03 AM »
Did you play the beta?

etiolate

« Reply #205 on: March 25, 2014, 12:09:06 AM »
http://biobreak.wordpress.com/mmo-timeline/

A partial timeline of MMOs dating back to early DOS stuff. What's amazing is that Pirates of the Caribbean Online lasted about 6 years before closing. I think that outlasts Warhammer Online.

etiolate

« Reply #206 on: March 27, 2014, 05:49:21 AM »
I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO GET SCREENSHOTS THAT REFLECTED IN-GAME GRAPHICS

Had to turn off some Aero options for the executable and then paste directly into MSPaint form Print Screen.  Kind of a bugger and wished I had figured that out when I was in the TESO beta. All I have is some GW2 screens, but it still shows off the shader effects and DarkD3 effects.

[close]

etiolate

« Reply #207 on: March 27, 2014, 03:52:16 PM »
http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/03/27/the-soapbox-let-me-tell-you-how-little-i-want-to-raid/

This is an opinion piece, that links to this MMOC analysis:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1304374-WotLK-to-MoP-A-Trend-Analysis-of-Raiding-Difficulty

As for myself, I burned out on raiding at some point. My MMO playing history went Guild Wars --> WoW --> Guild Wars -->WoW --> month of Aion --> WoW --> Rift --> Guild Wars --> Guild Wars 2.  By the time I was playing Rift, I didn't want to raid anymore. I was still doing dungeons, but by the 5th month of Rift play, I wasn't even doing dungeons anymore. I gravitated towards the Rift events and the new content, along with PVP instances and open world PVP. I think that WoW has been so very Raid and instanced focused for so long that I bled out all my interest in that while playing the game. I don't do dungeons in GW2 much. I don't do them in Secret World either.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't like some instanced content. I think it just needs to be something fresher than the standard mob trash -> boss -> repeat x3 of dungeons.

In Blizzard's defense, I feel like they're trying to expand their max-level play options. They did Timeless Isle and are doing Garrisons in the next expansion. They threw in Pokemon and some other things with pandaria. They might have sent these things out to die by convincing everyone that only Raiding matters via years of focus upon it.

etiolate

« Reply #208 on: April 01, 2014, 01:17:37 PM »
So they gave everything in the game bobbleheads for April Fool's

etiolate

« Reply #209 on: April 02, 2014, 01:05:25 PM »
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/feature-packs/
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-megaserver-system/

There's been a ton of news about all the features coming in the April 15th patch, but this is easily the most interesting news. ANet is going to start testing the use of Megaservers in parts of PVE. I was sort of hoping for a dro-drown menu, but it seems to smart-select for you rather than have GW1's District menu. The newly designed world bosses and player concentration movements of LS are the main reasons for this. Instead of overflows, pretty much everything is an overflow and your shard will be filled with server-mates, guildies and friends.

Interestingly, this means you'll run into new people less often. I like SBI's community, so hopefully this doesn't mess it up too much.

etiolate

« Reply #210 on: April 06, 2014, 06:33:34 PM »
Got into the Everquest Landmark Beta. Can't figure out how to claim a spot though. =| Really wanted this hilltop.

etiolate

« Reply #212 on: April 10, 2014, 07:36:08 PM »
Landmark is real purdy. There isn't much to do besides dig and build. Forgelight hates my rig. The end.

FatalT

« Reply #213 on: April 11, 2014, 09:02:26 PM »
Final Fantasy XIV: ARR early access started today on PS4. It are gud.

etiolate

« Reply #214 on: April 12, 2014, 06:21:10 PM »
Got my plot of land started in Landmark. Only up to tier 2 gathering. I can see their crafting progression systems and how it can be interesting. I am not sure if I like the amount of grinding for materials that is present in the early game. I could only just start one wall of my house before I was out of materials for what I wanted to do.

etiolate

etiolate

« Reply #216 on: April 16, 2014, 12:55:06 PM »
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-15-2014

Huge Patch Notes

docbon: After you left and we all got bored waiting, We took to FA BL. Ended up taking the west side of their map. Then Colin showed up w/ ANet in tow, so I knew the patch was coming soon. Wasted too much time on FA's Hills before hopping over to HoD's BL to take stuff. If I had ten more mintues I probably could have flipped their t3 Hills. =/

As for new stuff: Wardrobe is awesome. Freely swapping traits is awesome. Megaserver has been awesome with no probs so far. New meta boss spawn timers are meh. One of my grandmaster traits involves killing Karka Queen to unlock it, but there's only three Queen spawns now so eh. Did Taco after the patch. Game performance with high amounts of players seems better now. Not a lot of lag in cities despite the increased numbers.

Hearts have a new message system when completing them. Like that. DO NOT LIKE that you don't get any traits until level 30. That sucks imo.

Also, I missed out on about 4g by not immediately selling all my runes I had stocked up.  The krait rune market fell quick.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #217 on: April 16, 2014, 02:21:34 PM »
sigh, it was a beautiful dream, dream of a thread with no Guild Wars
乱学者

etiolate

« Reply #218 on: April 16, 2014, 06:16:11 PM »
 :umad

all dat rage doe

all dat rage

« Reply #219 on: April 16, 2014, 09:41:54 PM »
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-15-2014

Huge Patch Notes

docbon: After you left and we all got bored waiting, We took to FA BL. Ended up taking the west side of their map. Then Colin showed up w/ ANet in tow, so I knew the patch was coming soon. Wasted too much time on FA's Hills before hopping over to HoD's BL to take stuff. If I had ten more mintues I probably could have flipped their t3 Hills. =/

As for new stuff: Wardrobe is awesome. Freely swapping traits is awesome. Megaserver has been awesome with no probs so far. New meta boss spawn timers are meh. One of my grandmaster traits involves killing Karka Queen to unlock it, but there's only three Queen spawns now so eh. Did Taco after the patch. Game performance with high amounts of players seems better now. Not a lot of lag in cities despite the increased numbers.

Hearts have a new message system when completing them. Like that. DO NOT LIKE that you don't get any traits until level 30. That sucks imo.

Also, I missed out on about 4g by not immediately selling all my runes I had stocked up.  The krait rune market fell quick.

thats ok

when the patch rolled around, i marveled at all the cool new features for a bit

then i realized there was no new content worth playing and logged off.

etiolate

« Reply #220 on: April 17, 2014, 02:27:09 AM »
Aye, probably Bazaar of the Four Winds next month and then Season 2 of LS following that. Everyone is guessing that Season 2 will have new zones, and since ANet isn't denying it directly, I'll just assume all assumptions are correct.

I should try the new deathmatch map.

As for issues with patch:

As discussed in game, the old trait UI was quicker if you knew what you were doing. It seems like they should be able to have both UIs in there. The driop down they had before on the trait slots and then the list on the left.

Megaservers are working and they're actually great for mid-level zones. I did a train of events in Dredgehaunt and then another set of events in Timberline with the same group of people even though they weren't all from SBI and we had zoned. However, the effect its had on big Meta Events has been a problem. All the new traits being tied to the same meta events also is a prob. I have only been able to unlock Stone Skin on Ele by defeating karka Queen. I really want to unlock Power Block on Mes, but Promenade of the Gods is constantly open and the event often over whenever I get there due to Megaservers.  So I either have to camp it or get lucky when I port in to check.

I wanted power block before because it sounds like it has potential, but, also, this is why I want Power Block:

Return of shutdown Mes!

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #221 on: April 18, 2014, 04:51:16 PM »
just popping in to say i'm still playing Lotro and I'm still having fun.  Now have my highest level character thus far at 65.

it's p cool
Tonya

etiolate

« Reply #222 on: April 18, 2014, 04:56:02 PM »
What class? I played a Runekeeper to like 43, a Warden to 21 and a Burglar to like level 10. Warden was one of the more interesting tanking classes/systems I've played.

I think they're adding a shapeshifting class.

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #223 on: April 20, 2014, 10:59:12 AM »
they revealed the new class but i haven't checked out what it is.
i currently have a 66 hunter.  it's fun

edit: the shapeshiter sounds cool
http://www.vg247.com/2014/04/18/lotros-new-character-class-is-the-shapeshifting-beorning/
Tonya

« Reply #224 on: April 21, 2014, 01:13:53 AM »
Got into the Kingdom Under Fire II closed beta.

Should be interesting, and possibly hilariously awful.

fizzel

« Reply #225 on: April 21, 2014, 05:28:41 AM »
i've been waiting like...7 years for that shit, would be interested in your thoughts.

etiolate

« Reply #226 on: April 21, 2014, 06:57:56 PM »
GW2:

I was for the trait unlocking idea, but they messed up the execution. I am not sure what they were thinking with some of the unlock requirements for adept traits.

Also, they patched out the coolness of Power Block. =/ 

etiolate

« Reply #227 on: April 25, 2014, 01:53:06 PM »
http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/04/25/man-steals-thousands-of-dollars-spends-it-on-evony/

A Hawaiian man is expected to plead guilty to charges that he stole thousands of dollars to spend on the browser-based game Evony.

David Buchanan, 47, is charged with wire fraud after he convinced one woman to give him $40,000 for an investment that would see a promised 650% turnaround.

lol wut

« Reply #228 on: April 25, 2014, 02:21:12 PM »
Oh shit, I almost forgot.

Shroud The Avatar beta weekend is up~

Will post impressions soonish.

just kidding, piece of shit game says I don't have access for whatever reason.

verdict: game sucks.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 04:12:59 PM by doctavius bonbon »

etiolate

« Reply #229 on: April 25, 2014, 04:49:36 PM »
From what I read, they were letting in a select amount of founders to test out the combat.

fizzel

« Reply #230 on: April 25, 2014, 07:02:35 PM »
Teso reviews seem pretty distinguished mentally-challenged, backlash for waxing oblivions/skyrims shaft so vigourously?

etiolate

« Reply #231 on: April 26, 2014, 12:50:40 AM »
Some of the issues the reviews have are issues I had, but stuff like Angry Joe was pretty hyperbolic.

If it's backlash against anything, it's backlash against SWTOR. A common complaint is how the single player quests don't mesh well with the multiplayer aspect of an MMO, and that too often the single player roots and MMO parts are at odds. Well that was a big issue in SWTOR as well, but these same sites were handing out 9s and 10s for that release.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 02:54:13 AM by etiolate »

« Reply #232 on: April 26, 2014, 03:02:20 AM »
The grouping issues, linearity, and general buggery are legit problems, though any reviewer who complained about loot drops or horses can swallow a fucking dagger.

I enjoyed my time solo questing until level cap. The quests were pretty much on par with the other TES games, and the phasing system gives you the feeling that you're actually changing the world to some degree.

Right now the main issue for me is how the veteran content is handled. After you complete the main storyline, there's some magical fuckery that allows you to play from the perspective of another faction, which opens up a whole wealth of content. Except at this point, you'll probably want to do something other than questing, and everything you do from here on discourages making an alt in the future, since you'll be double dipping the quests.

etiolate

« Reply #233 on: April 26, 2014, 03:05:33 AM »
Does the Veteran questing offer good rewards or is it mostly done to see the stories?

« Reply #234 on: April 26, 2014, 03:00:55 PM »
Does the Veteran questing offer good rewards or is it mostly done to see the stories?

You still get gear that matches your veteran level, but you're mostly doing it for the gold, XP, and story.

The veteran dungeons are particularly rewarding, though. Same as the above, just a lot more of it.

etiolate

« Reply #235 on: April 27, 2014, 12:00:16 AM »
It seems my old beta access doesn't get me into newer betas for Wildstar? Kind of sucks. Wanted to try it one more time.

I signed up for the ArcheAge beta, but it seems they're just letting streamers in right now.

« Reply #236 on: April 27, 2014, 01:29:09 PM »
It seems my old beta access doesn't get me into newer betas for Wildstar? Kind of sucks. Wanted to try it one more time.

I signed up for the ArcheAge beta, but it seems they're just letting streamers in right now.

I guess they're content to use the beta as advertisement for their game, rather than as a testing process. On the flip side, any bugs found will be recorded via footage. They'd just need to check the stream themselves.

Oh, and KUFII is ip blocked so i guess i'm not playing.

etiolate

« Reply #237 on: April 27, 2014, 06:57:13 PM »
This is not news. I figured CRZ would help with that though.

etiolate

« Reply #238 on: May 01, 2014, 02:18:29 PM »
http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/05/01/defiance-will-flip-the-f2p-switch-this-summer/

Defiance going F2P in June. It was B2P but I didn't see a lot of PR or attention put towards it post-launch, so i wonder if people even still knew it existed and was B2P?

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/05/01/guild-wars-2-begins-chinese-open-beta/

Guild Wars 2 starts Open Beta/Early Access. Two weeks later is the official Chinese Launch. 500k Early Access copies sold so far.

It's the first "purchasable" B2P MMO in China. Curious to see how staying with that approach holds up in the market.

Freyj

« Reply #239 on: May 02, 2014, 06:44:26 PM »
Damn, WoW has gotten dead lately. I was there when 5.4 hit and it was amazing. Lots of server queues as well. Now everything is so lifeless. It's really kind of sad. And weird because WoD is still months away, and there probably isn't going to be a 5.5 in the meantime.

I don't know why over 7 years later, they still can't get the pacing on releasing content right. Every expansion they do this shit.