Author Topic: Lewd Gaming Thread: "Sonic needs an orgasm gun and chocolate panties"  (Read 144854 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Sakura Spirits

And why are their boobs so big,i tought this thread was supposed to be about loli's!

Back in my day we didn't have lolis, we only had big titty foxgirls and we liked it!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 07:37:19 PM by Joe Molotov »
©@©™

magus

• LIKES FF7
Sakura Spirits

And why are their boobs so big,i tought this thread was supposed to be about loli's!

Back in my day we didn't have lolis, we only had big titty foxgirls and we liked it!

i tought this game was some late "don't give a shit" ps3 release but it's actualy on steam :lol :lol :lol :lol

http://store.steampowered.com/app/313740/

Recomended

Now I can show all my steam friends what I masturbate to

:rofl

err in any case, recently on ps3 there has been some sort of a visual novelish game which supposedly has tie with blazblue... does anybody cares? (heck does anybody here cares about blazblue in the first place?)

<----

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
I may end up buying a J3DS for Senran Kagura 2  :-[ :-[ :-[

:'(
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Meanwhile, in Japan...

:nsfw :nsfw

This was at a Senran Kagura event.  Dude is the biggest fuckin' pervert ever. 
ど助平

SpeedStats

Wasn't he the dude who said he wanted to wrap the world in boobs or some crap?

err in any case, recently on ps3 there has been some sort of a visual novelish game which supposedly has tie with blazblue... does anybody cares? (heck does anybody here cares about blazblue in the first place?)

I imported it without knowing anything about BlazBlue because it was super-cheap.  The system it uses is okay, and you get a lot of background information out if it (it's kinda like the TIPS systems in other VNs but it's less about highlighting words and getting them in your dictionary and more along the lines of being able to read the information to change the story route).  The scene direction is pretty neat for a visual novel.  I heard the English Vita version might be buggy but I dunno.  I haven't played that version.  That said, I mostly dropped it in favour of playing Ao no Kiseki and DQ7.  It was announced for localization like 2 days after it shipped to me.

It's kinda like Bleach only not as crappy, and it has some of the cliched anime bathing scenes and discussions about breast size which is a put-off.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
XBlaze is billed as a prequel to BlazBlue, taking place like 500 years before or some shit.  I might try it when it gets really cheap, but BlazBlue's story in general makes no fucking sense so I don't have high hopes for a VN.

Wasn't he the dude who said he wanted to wrap the world in boobs or some crap?

Yes, as well as "Tits are life, ass is hometown" (my custom title!) and when asked why he made Shinovi Versus on Vita, "because I want to make tits that can be licked" or some shit.   :lol :lol :lol

Itagaki better step his game up.
ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
I'll take the Shinovi Versus guy over Xseed's 'art' arguing any day.
Hi

SpeedStats

:lol :lol :lol

At least the Senran Kagura guy is brutally honest and making games because he just outright states that he likes tits and ass instead of rationalizing it like it's some sort of art form that's to be respected for making a statement.

No, man.  It's a game about tits.  The creator's honest about it, so why can't you be honest about it?

magus

• LIKES FF7
No, man.  It's a game about tits.  The creator's honest about it, so why can't you be honest about it?

well it's his job to sell xseed games so of course he would try to minimize the perv factor, beside the internet tends to get into angry mobs quickly as soon as they see any game with heavy fanservice so it's not like you can say "i think fanservice is fine" without getting shit

<----

SpeedStats

But making an argument that that type of stuff is "art", though?

Mechanics, not "art".

magus

• LIKES FF7
so GREAT PEDO BLACKSMITH! the new nippon ichi IP from psvita now has actual screenshot and info and i'll be honest

this screenshot makes my dick harder than this other screenshot

what's wrong with me bore? :fbm
<----

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Looks like they spent more time on that picture than on the game play.   :usavich
ど助平

chronovore

• relapsed dev
A ton of peckers on the Start Menu? Seems like the perfect bore-game.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Got Senran Kagura 2!  :uguu

Box:

:nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
:nsfw

Only got to try the first part of the game, which is a tutorial section. The game starts with a real-time cut scene, showing Asuka and Homura about to fight a giant monster.  It's evident right from the start that the visuals have been noticeably improved; the models look to be about on par with the Vita version now and the framerate is rock-solid.  You can also now play the game in 3D.  Throughout the first level, I did not notice the framerate drop, no matter how many enemies were on-screen.  Game play has also been changed up from both the previous 3DS and Vita games.  It's faster and has a different feel to things...You no longer seem to automatically home-in on launched enemies when juggling, either. 

Animations in general are better than previous games, too, although if you liked the long, drawn-out super move cut scenes (from Shinovi Versus), they seem to be gone.  You just get a quick close up, then the move comes out.  Clothes getting ripped is still more elaborate, because...Senran.  It also must be mentioned that life and hometown are shinier this time around. 

Stage 2 changes to Ikaruga and you have to fight Yomi at the end of the level.  It's noticeably more "3D" compared to the 2.5D stage 1 and looks great with 3D on.  Yomi wrecked me the first time around, and although I was able to trap her in a corner and spam Y attacks the second attempt, the AI actually managed to get out of this loop and fought back.  Hope this is a sign that the difficulty has been upped!

Had to stop at Stage 3 (Katsuragi), but noticed that it was a fully 3D map, just like the Vita game.   Katsuragi has a separate stance where she hovers around on 'air wheels' made from her boots!  :bow this game :bow2

Still haven't gotten to the tag stuff yet!

Have to play a lot more to get a real feel for this, but I'm really impressed so far.  They've continued to have awesome game play to go right along with all the crazy fan service.
ど助平

Escha and Logy officially dropped to $39.99.

Time to bite.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
I finished Senran Kagura 2's story mode a week ago.  I like the game and the increased difficulty is welcome, but I still prefer Shinovi Versus on the Vita to it.  There were some camera issues that I've read can be alleviated with a circle pad pro, but I'm not going to buy one just for this game.  Hopefully the upcoming patch does something about it.  There's still the challenge and 'dungeons' modes left to play, plus I think I'm going to try clearing the game on hard.  Some of the later boss battles are pretty tough, so it should be a challenge.

Next on the animu list was Akiba's Trip, but I've decided to wait for more DLC before playing it.  If I'm gonna go all uguu, I want to play as Super Sonico, not generic random anime dude.

Last week I also got Bullet Girls.  Right now I'm not sure what to think.  Senran Kagura's whole gimmick is that it's all fan-servicey, but there's actual game play to back it up.  This game seems to be all fan service (and the characters models aren't very appealing) and the game play is pretty mediocre.  It reminds me a bit of Lost Planet's default controls, where the cursor on screen is very loose and not 'fixed' to your character.  That was something I always changed in LP, but this game doesn't have that option.  So the shooting mechanics feel very loose and I don't feel like I have the type of control that I should. 

This coming week is Neptunia.  Both the English RPG remake of the original and the Japanese Senran Kagura-like brawler on the Vita.  I'm getting both and have no idea if they'll turn out well.  And that will round up UGUU-AUGUST for me-- seriously, there's been at least one perverted game released weekly this month.   :lol
ど助平

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
I finished Senran Kagura 2's story mode a week ago.  I like the game and the increased difficulty is welcome, but I still prefer Shinovi Versus on the Vita to it.  There were some camera issues that I've read can be alleviated with a circle pad pro, but I'm not going to buy one just for this game.  Hopefully the upcoming patch does something about it.  There's still the challenge and 'dungeons' modes left to play, plus I think I'm going to try clearing the game on hard.  Some of the later boss battles are pretty tough, so it should be a challenge.

Next on the animu list was Akiba's Trip, but I've decided to wait for more DLC before playing it.  If I'm gonna go all uguu, I want to play as Super Sonico, not generic random anime dude.

Last week I also got Bullet Girls.  Right now I'm not sure what to think.  Senran Kagura's whole gimmick is that it's all fan-servicey, but there's actual game play to back it up.  This game seems to be all fan service (and the characters models aren't very appealing) and the game play is pretty mediocre.  It reminds me a bit of Lost Planet's default controls, where the cursor on screen is very loose and not 'fixed' to your character.  That was something I always changed in LP, but this game doesn't have that option.  So the shooting mechanics feel very loose and I don't feel like I have the type of control that I should. 

This coming week is Neptunia.  Both the English RPG remake of the original and the Japanese Senran Kagura-like brawler on the Vita.  I'm getting both and have no idea if they'll turn out well.  And that will round up UGUU-AUGUST for me-- seriously, there's been at least one perverted game released weekly this month.   :lol

Super Sonico? It's all about Super Pochaco the bbw animu girl

:nsfw :nsfw :nsfw
^_^

magus

• LIKES FF7
This coming week is Neptunia.  Both the English RPG remake of the original and the Japanese Senran Kagura-like brawler on the Vita.  I'm getting both and have no idea if they'll turn out well.  And that will round up UGUU-AUGUST for me-- seriously, there's been at least one perverted game released weekly this month. 

when you'll realize the rpg is the most awfull thing you ever played (i know it's a remake, but there is no chance in hell of it having any sort of quality) don't say we didn't warn you :kobeyuck
<----

Rahxephon91

magus

• LIKES FF7
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/25/compile-heart-delays-first-playstation-4-game-omega-quintet/

Did the other CH and IF jrpgs have the "exploding cloths" thing?

not that i know off, but the musou neptunia game does... which i guess means that these game are becoming MORE perverted :uguu

<----

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
This coming week is Neptunia.  Both the English RPG remake of the original and the Japanese Senran Kagura-like brawler on the Vita.  I'm getting both and have no idea if they'll turn out well.  And that will round up UGUU-AUGUST for me-- seriously, there's been at least one perverted game released weekly this month. 

when you'll realize the rpg is the most awfull thing you ever played (i know it's a remake, but there is no chance in hell of it having any sort of quality) don't say we didn't warn you :kobeyuck

:hyper
ど助平

The original Neptunia is pretty up there as one of the worst RPGs I've ever played. Really curious to know what they did to try to salvage that wreck.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
The original Neptunia is pretty up there as one of the worst RPGs I've ever played. Really curious to know what they did to try to salvage that wreck.

I know the main thing they did was to bring the gameplay mechanics in line with mk2 and Victory, so you don't have to fiddle with the goofy combo system and equip healing spells and hope they randomly trigger anymore, or backtrack through dungeons because there's no fast travel.  :yuck
©@©™

SpeedStats

At least it's not Last Rebellion.

Man, the bar was super-low this gen on consoles.  :-\

At least it's not Last Rebellion.

Man, the bar was super-low this gen on consoles.  :-\

Hence one of the worst, not the worst!

:'(

SpeedStats

I don't even know what console RPG I'd played was the worst one on consoles, but I'm fairly certain that it's going to be one that was localized by NISA... maybe.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
What about that werewolf Nazi one on the 360? That was pretty bad.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I bought Groupee's newest bundle a few days ago, and today they added Heileen 3 as a bonus. What is Heileen 3, you ask?

(Image removed from quote.)

:whoo

Buy Heileen 3, brehs.
dog

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
I haven't played the Neptunia games or any of the real :uguu ones but out of the more mainstream ones I'm gonna go with Infinite Undiscovery for being my least fave. It had some pretty good ideas and large expansive environments, but was just an extremely sloppy and flawed production that feels really rushed.
^_^

Rahxephon91

Speaking of just consoles. Hmm I don't know. I played Resonance of Fate, Tales of Xillia, Vesperia, Graces, Lost Odyssey, The Last Remnant, Magna Carta 2, Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon, Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean 4,  White Knight Chronicles 1, Ni No Kuni, The XIII games, Enchanted Arms, The Last Story, Xenoblade, and Arc Rise. Plus other stuff that gets associated with the genre like Valkryia Chronicles, Pandora's Tower, Dragon's Crown, and so on.

I kind of honestly think console jrpgs started off pretty well this gen. I don't think any which one was offensively bad. Maybe not earth shattering good and missing something from previous gens, but they were all ok games. Lots of them had decent budgets as well. Eternal Sonata, Vesperia, and Infinite all look pretty decent.

I feel like after XIII though, jrpgs on consoles really died and became playground of NIS/Gust/IF. Now I've never played these games because I do have a filter and the filter says I'm not the audience for those kind of games. Whatever it is, when I look at them they just aren't the kind of things that intrest me. I got into anime because I liked action and sci-fi. I didn't get into anime for cute girl stuff. Maybe that explains what I look for when it comes to Japanese games/anime.

People claim the Gust stuff is good. Maybe it is, but I'm too ignorant about that stuff to care. Hey, being willingly ignorant about things is my specialty and well whatever it's saved me some money and time. So I won't bother with thier stuff even if it's not the moe/pantsu stuff I think it is. It's still dealing with subject material I find unappealing.

What do I think is the worst console jrpg?

I don't know.

I found White Knight Chronicles 1 just kind of boring. Like Ni No Kuni it kind of just feels thoughtless in the end. Both of these games battle systems and progression systems just kind of feel there. Without any interesting twists or takes on them. Same with the stories, predictable and uninteresting things happened. Ni No Kuni is me traveling through the typical fantasy places(fire, ice, foresty complete with eccentric forest creatures) with a wondrous little boy who I'm supposed to find enduring simply because he's a little kid. White Knight Chronicles, well I simply don't remember what happened in the first one. There was a typical jrpg lead who wants to be a hero, a girl who likes him, but can't tell him, the wise old dude, the playboy rogue, and the uptight female. Yeah not winning any originality awards. Not bad games, but they are just kind of there.

Tales was Tales. I don't think I'd really nominate them for worst jrpgs.

People know how I feel about XIII games, but did you know I don't like XIII-2? I remembet it was either Troth or Pefro on GAF(whoever's taken up the XIII defense force, put please I was never like them or that MRA guy with the Drakengard 3 avatar) said I was a traitor for not liking the game. He wasn't being ironic either.

Magna Carta 2 is a krpg, but whatever. It would appeal to the same people. It's also not too terrible. Nothing great, but decent. I guess thats the tale of the first half of this gen for the genre, "Nothing great, but decent". Same with Enchanted Arms, Infinite, Blue Dragon, Arc Rise, SO4, and so on. A lot of these games may have something meh to bad in them(Infinite's story, Blue dragon's story, Arc Rise's localization, So4's story), but they may have something that certain people could latch unto and push them through the game(Infinite's big open world and on the field battle system, Arc Rise's traditional jrpgness, BD's job system, SO4's battle system).

Honestly for me the worst jrpg I played was Eternal Sonata. I curse the name of this game. First, for some reason it has a Battle System that progressively gets worse as it goes on. I don't remember the specifics, but the game takes away aspects of the battle system. Some of these things you may actually like, but in some sort of way of attempting to artificially challenge the player(in a game that is easy no matter what) it will take away nifty mechanics. In the end, you might as well play it as a "just mash the a button game". It's what works most of the time. Add in a terribly told story that is inane in it's conflict and character development and some of the most stilted cutscenes available and you got yourself a pretty shitty game.

Best? Well I liked Xenoblade, Resonance of Fate, The Last Story, and yes Final Fantasy XIII.

I like playing bad games on purpose from time to time just to remind myself that there's always worse when it comes to games. Although I do have my tolerance limit, going through Neptunia 1 basically means I'm swearing off that series as much as they might try to claim that it's better now. Shoulda been better when I first tried it!

By far the worst console RPGs I've played this gen are definitely Last Rebellion, Ni no Kuni and Time and Eternity though. Last Rebellion had an interesting idea as far as RPGs go (attacking different body parts to strike weaknesses), but was weird in that the battle system got more boring the better you were at the game, nevermind the PSP-quality graphics and voicework. Ni no Kuni was pleasant for all of 2 hours before the inanity of every single subsystem in the game would drive me up the wall every time I sat down to play, The final chapter in particular is somestraight to DVD quality nonsense that should have just been cut from the game entirely (which the DS version apparently didn't have either).

Time and Eternity deserves special mention for being the most  :uguu :expert game I've played all gen. Even games like the Neptunia series and Senran Kagura and hell even Criminal/Bullet Girls are more honest about what their target audience is than this game. T&T takes the quadruple whammy of worst gameplay, worst animation, worst writing AND worst music. I couldn't make this shit up if I tried (and of course it was NISA that localized both this and Last Rebellion, though I'm still waiting on the apology for T&T). I have nooooooo idea how SpeedStats even got the Platinum for this, and I thought I was masochistic.

White Knight Chronicles and Last Story definitely take most boring for me. It's competently made and there's no reason why it shouldn't be fun if I'm into MMO style combat (which I am), but man Level 5 couldn't have come up with a more bland cast if they tried. Last Story has dull characters, dull combat, a dull romance, etc.

Favorites that stand out this gen are the Souls series, Valkyria Chronicles, FFXIV (technically cross-gen?), Fire Emblem RD, Alpha Protocol (oops dipped into western), Resonance of Fate and Tales of Graces. RoF in particular gets special mention of being a solid fully-featured RPG before the rise of downloadable content; you best believe that if RoF was released today in 2014 that half of the bonus stuff including 100% of the game's massive cosmetic choices would be paid DLC.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
OHHHH SHIIIIT... scratch Infinite Undiscovery, I totally forgot about Eternal Sonata. That'd be my worst RPG.

The game looked absolutely gorgeous but the battle system started off boring and got worse and more constricting the farther along you went. "Dungeons" were nothing more than simple linear pathways with the occasional fork where the dead-end led to treasure... apart from one really annoying puzzle-based dungeon near the beginning. The story made no sense at all (though the parts detailing Chopin's life were interesting for my Polack half), music was mediocre Sakuraba, the game also featured an excess number of characters who were useless, and the worst part was the 30 minute cutscene about a character you just met and had no emotional attachment to's death, including a re-cap of the death immediately afterwards.

The Last Story I felt was pretty bad too. Everything sounded great on paper but the execution was flawed. Gorgeous character and concept artwork translated to muddy and brown graphics (Xenoblade looks lightyears better for a Wii game). A unique battle system concept that suffered from serious slowdown and frustrating, gimmicky boss battles. A large town with tons of sidequests is bookended by main quests as linear as Mass Effect 2/3. One of my favorite ever game composers on the soundtrack but everything sounds like bland generic hollywood western game music. The one interesting thing about it is how there are 2 random missions after the game ends and the ultimate evil is defeated, but they're not these super-challenging bonus dungeons a la tri-Ace, rather something like mid-game filler missions that accidentally got slapped on at the end.

Favorite console RPGs are Vesperia, Resonance of Fate, Valkyria Chronicles, Ni No Kuni, and of course Xenoblade (by far my favorite game from last gen). I also enjoyed Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, FFXIII-2 and Star Ocean 4, though they were not without their fair share of flaws. Graces F started off great but started to wear me down the further I got into it. FFXIII - the rigidity of the game's systems and the claustrophobic dungeons/lack of RPG staples like towns turned me off. Cool battle system, some awesome-looking environments, and great music though. Haven't played Last Remnant yet, nor put nearly enough time into the Souls games.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:36:58 PM by tiesto »
^_^

larrydavid

yeah thanks to having a very picky filter, the worst RPG on consoles that I've actually played is either FF13 or Xenoblade. Definitely stayed the eff away from most of the crap posted in this thread, and a lot of the other ones listed are just not my thing. I really wanna try out Alpha Protocol though, I've had this unused key from Humble Bundle for a minute now.

Valkyria was my favorite.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Alpha Protocol is relatively short, so you'll be back leading a spunky youth to save the world in no time.

larrydavid

Alpha Protocol is relatively short, so you'll be back leading a spunky youth to save the world in no time.

Got interested in Alpha Protocol and Deus Ex by way of Shin Megami Tensei heh.

Goddamn, Sen no Kiseki is long.
野球

SpeedStats

I started Alpha Protocol, got sidetracked by finals back then, and kinda forgot to go back to it.  It was really good from what I'd played, though.  If I had to do that 10 RPGs list again, I'd probably add it.

A lot of the better RPGs were, and are, on handhelds or mobile to me, but that's partially because a daily commute for several years influenced how I ended up balancing playing games and studying.  I haven't played Blue Dragon or Lost Odyssey yet so I don't know if I can declare which RPGs I liked the most last gen, but I can certainly point out a lot of RPGs that I disliked.

I have nooooooo idea how SpeedStats even got the Platinum for this, and I thought I was masochistic.

This is the pot calling the kettle black, my friend.  I quit that life after the Lightning Returns plat almost put me to sleep.  Been happier since I've started to play stuff I like.  I don't even know how you bothered to do the Ni no Kuni plat when both of us ranted about how we didn't like the game at all.  Time and Eternity's biggest disappointment to me was oddly the soundtrack since a lot of tracks were done by Yuzo Koshiro.  Going in, I knew the game was crap, but I didn't expect the soundtrack to be so boring.  T&E sold better than expected and a lot of people liked it for lord knows why, so they're not going to apologize for that.

I won't deny that playing shitty games gives you a little more perspective into what's bad and what's good, but you have to get to a point where play them in spurts as opposed to consistently or consecutively like both of us did at a few points over the past two years.  It would be nice if crappy or sub-par games weren't released or weren't released for what feels like "en masse" lately, and thus the bar wouldn't be so low.  I'm not entirely sure what happened, and why some RPGs have content that this thread is full of, but it is quite a bummer.  I've stopped trying to play all the RPGs I can get my hands on as a consequence of just getting fed up with it.  It's a shame because games like Demon Gaze are decent mechanically but they have to be swamped up with that content to... sell, I guess?  RPGs have been marketed based on scenario and characters but it seems more prevalent lately, whereas it doesn't work well with me because I'm a person who cares more about systems and leaps as opposed to scenario/characters or who you can hook up with.   Sunblade and I made an observation a while ago where the conversation about games lately isn't necessarily how to play the game, how the systems work, how to maximize the systems, etc., but rather, it's become more about the characters, the art, or the peripheral content to the point where talking about the game part of the game seems minimal and that blows for me.

If the content in this thread is an indication of where RPGs are going, then I dunno...

Alpha Protocol  :rejoice Game is buggy as hell (as expected of any Obsidian venture) but god damn I had fun with it. It's Mass Effect only with much more expansive and less binary choices, fun (and easily broken in your favor) stealth gameplay and had chinese M. Bison as one of your antagonists. Also one of the best roles Nolan North has done in a side-character.

This is the pot calling the kettle black, my friend.

Hey hey you don't get to blow me up over NnK when I gave you a head's up about the motion sickness "final" dungeon, how awful the final boss was, plus warned you not to do the shitty "do everything in the game over again" postgame quest which you ended up doing anyway.  :wag

Everything else is accurate though.  :goty2

magus

• LIKES FF7

see this shit bork? neptunia is such an horrible game that it's dialogue consist of "ah-ah isn't our game so so so awfull?" does last rebellion do that? no! does infinite undiscover do that? no!

i rest my case on the most awfull rpg ever

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 06:25:45 PM by magus »
<----

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
I played the game for a bit.  It seems to be poking fun at video games in general, so that kind of dialogue makes sense.  I like that enemies include Space Invaders and Pac-Man ghosts, too.  I ran into an enemy called "Super Otaku" who pretty much fit that description perfectly.   :lol  I like the more action-oriented game play, too.  So right now I don't see why this is the worst RPG ever, no- but then this is the remake and I have no idea what the original version was like.  The only thing I'm not a fan of are all the visual novel style cut scenes, I.E. "let's have still cut-outs talk to each other on top of static backgrounds," but at least the dialogue moves quickly.  The uguu factor is off the charts, but that's what I was expecting.

EDIT: This guy. 

ど助平

SpeedStats

I think the original Neptunia was more jokey than the second two, so the script and premise are a little tamer than mk2 and Victory.  It knew it was trying to be a parody of the industry, but it ain't Segagaga.

I mean, mk2 has one of the bigger enemies basically being a pedo and drooling over the DS girls who are 10 years old and literally trying to lick them, something reminiscent of Pikachu trying to get with the Compile Heart girl, and slime-like enemies having a super-embarrassing scene with the three main Neptunia girls.  Victory has this crazy S&M chick... and that's as far as I got before quitting.  The second and third games are pretty shameless compared to the first game but, well, I quit playing the first game halfway through because I couldn't stand how it played, lol.  I skipped most of the cutscenes in the second and third games because they were embarrassing.

So right now I don't see why this is the worst RPG ever, no- but then this is the remake and I have no idea what the original version was like.

The original played fucking awful. Healing was actually random and you couldn't do it normally. The share system was a huge mess, and the gameplay was turn-based, not action-oriented or positional-based.  The two games afterwards completely improved gameplay-wise by introducing a new battle system and a better share system.

To picture how awful the first Neptunia was, imagine a game where you have to accumulate shares of different countries that are also tied to the leader of said country dying in battle. Now compound that with how there are no healing items or spells in the game, only "item skills" that you can level up their % activation rate (starting from a whopping 5%)  and will only activate under certain conditions. If you lose enough shares through death, getting 100% event completion becomes impossible. In a game where you have zero control over healing yourself until very very late in the game.

:trash tier

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
The original definitely seems like a train wreck.  ReBirth is a bigger overhaul than I would have figured, then.
ど助平

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
wrong thread,sorry
WDW

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re;Birth2 already announced for an early 2015 release in English.
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Gamestop's website said they had copies of Re;Birth 1 in-stock but by the time I got there, they were already sold out. The guy working there tried to sell me Producing Perfection instead. I was like "No, dude, this is a different game, this came out a few months ago." and he was like "Oh...well, you still want it?"

I'm like "Bitch please, you think I don't already own that?"

Edit: In a related note, one of my high school students asked me what my PSN name was, and I told him I couldn't remember.
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
The Senran Kagura-like Neptunia action game was delivered today.  Gonna try that and Persona 4 Ultimax ~I should have waited a month for the U.S. version but I'm insane edition~  :hyper

I'm like "Bitch please, you think I don't already own that?"

:lol :lol :lol

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
It's funny how much Neptunia U looks like Re;Birth.  Controls and menus even look similar.  Then you start playing and the frame rate is 10 times better and DAT MUSOU game play kicks in and is awesome.  UGUU MUSOU HAS BEEN BORN.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Five of these games this month.  UGUU~ AUGUST is over.  :uguu

Behold, my shame.
ど助平

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
can't translate trails sc in six fucking years

bring out loli rape sims every few months

I'm hoping that at least the sales from all these loli uguu games are helping to keep the company alive long enough to do Trails 2 and (hopefully) 3.
^_^

Trails SC is very likely to still happen. Trails on Steam basically blew over all the sales expectations xseed had for it for the whole year in like 2-3 days.

Anything after that? Who knows.

SpeedStats

Trails 3rd is my favourite out of all the Trails games.

...it's just too bad that if they have to skip over a game in the series, that's the one to do it for since it acts as a "bridging" game between Liberl and Crossbell.

Bork Laser, how's Bullet Girls?  I heard it's a really bad bad bad shooter re: controls.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Five of these games this month.  UGUU~ AUGUST is over.  :uguu

Behold, my shame.
[/img]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3847/14881370110_97494e60de_b.jpg[/img]

I'm just curious, what does your wife think when you play this stuff?

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Also Lyte, I thought you weren't big with turn-based RPGs? What got you interested in the Neptunia games?
^_^

Rahxephon91

Also Lyte, I thought you weren't big with turn-based RPGs? What got you interested in the Neptunia games?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
I'm just curious, what does your wife think when you play this stuff?

Her answer: "I don't care."

:heart

I usually don't care for the vast majority of these types of games, but I do like Persona (and plan to get Persona Q, too, so I guess that will be my first time trying an EO game) and have always been interested in the Neptunia games, but heard such bad things about them that I never tried any.  I was mainly interested in Re;Birth just because of the musou-like Neptunia U.  Just wanted to see what it was about and like the weird/wacky enemies.  The story is pretty stupid and most of the character designs are bit too loli for me, but I still like the game enough to keep going.
ど助平

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: Euphoric Animu Games Thread for Distinguished Weeaboos with Impeccable Taste
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2014, 04:53:07 AM »
Well, cool. Good for her!

I tried playing Bayonetta in the living room once, and as Bayonetta cast spells, her clothing disappeared, and my wife and her friends were giggling, and I blushed, so... yeah. :shrug

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
Re: Euphoric Animu Games Thread for Distinguished Weeaboos with Impeccable Taste
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2014, 10:20:43 AM »

I won't deny that playing shitty games gives you a little more perspective into what's bad and what's good, but you have to get to a point where you play them in spurts

i think that's the point of modern japanese rpg "design" indeed :teehee
duc

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2014, 09:18:21 PM »
15 hours until the Steam release of the greatest otome game ever created.

:gladbron
©@©™