Author Topic: THE FOOTBALL/SOCCER THREAD  (Read 171261 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: THE FOOTBALL/SOCCER THREAD - Man City banned from UEFA
« Reply #1441 on: July 06, 2022, 08:05:02 PM »
Bayern won't let Barca pay isntallments for Lewandowski cost hey don't think they'll be around today them (and I do not blame them) :heh

Barcelona are beyond fucked, they're selling off future revenue so they can buy 150+ million worth of players, while owing Frankie de Jong 17m and I assume owing other players a shit load of money too. :titus
(ice)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1442 on: July 06, 2022, 09:21:58 PM »
They are really betting the whole farm on the Super League getting off the ground, aren't they?
 :umad
Spud

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1445 on: July 22, 2022, 10:02:27 AM »
It's very petty (images that are widely shared are going to be mangled on the Internet) but can't be mad at them repping their photographers.
ὕβρις

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1446 on: July 22, 2022, 03:11:47 PM »
Filters are the bane of the modern internet. Every dumb arse thinks they're an art director.
Spud

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1447 on: July 22, 2022, 03:19:24 PM »
I wonder if Venezia FC is pulling more revenue from the merch sales than the sports side (then again... The big clubs also make a killing on merch). It's a really smart move they made a few years ago, gotta hand it to them.

Kappa always the classiest kits in the business in my opinion, too. Except maybe spamming the sleeves but heh it's filthy sportswear when all is said and done.
ὕβρις

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1448 on: August 02, 2022, 06:23:42 PM »
Season is getting underway quick and fast. Hoping Newcastle have a good start to the season against Forest. If we can get out of the blocks well, them I'm hoping we can finish in the minor European places this season and hopefully have a good run at one of the cups.

I can't see Tuchel lasting at Chelsea. There seems to be some proper turmoil going on there after the buyout.

All Or Nothing Arsenal should be a good fucking laugh particularly due to the start and end of their season.

My predictions:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Premier League: Liverpool
La Liga: Real Madrid
Serie A: Inter
Champions League: PSG
[close]
Spud

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1449 on: August 02, 2022, 06:33:45 PM »
My first hope is that our new Dutch overlord gets us playing some entertaining football (signs are encouraging from pre season).
(ice)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1450 on: August 02, 2022, 08:30:31 PM »
My first hope is that our new Dutch overlord gets us playing some entertaining football (signs are encouraging from pre season).
It can't be as dire as the last few seasons
Spud

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1451 on: August 02, 2022, 08:38:12 PM »
But yeah I don't think Tuchel is long for Chelsea, seemingly hands on new American owner and high maintinence German manager isn't an ideal combination. Barcelona signing a couple of their top targets with monopoly money has to sting too.

This mid season world cup is going to fuck with my head so bad when it comes, it doesn't seem real yet tho :thinking
(ice)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1452 on: August 02, 2022, 09:07:57 PM »
The fact that we should be on the come down from a World Cup right now is actually fucking annoying me. Although, it's much easier to get up at some god awful hour to watch a game when it is summer than in the middle of winter. Still can't believe Australia qualified. We are so fucked.

Meanwhile, what the hell is going on at Barcelona?

They can't even register all of these players and they still owe money to current and former players and other clubs. Apparently Bordeaux got relegated to the third tier of French football for having €40 million in debt while Barcelona still owe them €8.9 million. Fucking scumbag club. Can't wait for the whole house of cards to collapse and detestable cunts like Lewandowski to be left in the cold.
Spud

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1453 on: August 02, 2022, 09:20:03 PM »
Barca are basically going YOLO, I believe the idea is that if they tighten their belt and live within their means for a while they'll end up like say AC Milan for the better part of the last decade and their ability to get big sponsorship money will decline. I suspect that's a load of bollocks and their actual hope is to keep on going and they think theyll get bailed out/bought out by someone if they're going to go bust (it's easier to get the members to vote for selling to an oil state if the choice is that or no club). Or the Super League becomes a thing again.
(ice)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1454 on: August 02, 2022, 09:25:00 PM »
FCG Bordeaux saved their ass in extremis with authorities and will play in Ligue 2 (which is below the elite). They were on the verge of being liquidated as a pro club though. I don't think I saw the fans talking about it mentions the FCB. We talk a lot of transfer fee but they structured financially is a little bit of a mystery, might have been deferred in the initial deal or something ?
Not to whitewash Barcelona.
ὕβρις

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1455 on: August 02, 2022, 09:44:47 PM »
They're not bankrupt (yet, Bayern wanted all the Lewandowski fee upfront cos they suspect Barca may not be around to pay it off in 2 years apparently, and theyre not fools over there) and still have a crop of young highly rated players who could be sold for big money if worse comes to worst.
(ice)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1456 on: August 02, 2022, 10:16:17 PM »
https://barcauniversal.com/barcelona-still-owe-e126-million-in-transfer-debt-to-19-different-clubs/

Barcelona have endured an indifferent summer transfer window, to say the least. Despite an ongoing squad overhaul in the works, the club have failed to attract any big-name players so far, in light of the financial crisis.

The approval of the sale of 49% BLM and a quarter of the TV rights has offered a glimmer of hope, with the transaction expected to generate up to €800 million in revenue.

However, according to fresh reports from Aficion Deportivo (h/t Barcacentre), Barcelona’s financial woes has no end in sight, with the club apparently owing more than €126 million in transfer fees to various clubs in Europe.

The growing transfer debts are the byproduct of the lavish spending from the previous board led by Josep Maria Bartomeu.

Among other debts, this includes a figure of €29 million being owed to Liverpool for the transfer of Philippe Coutinho. The Brazilian international had joined Barça for a fortune back in 2018, but the club are yet to pay the full fees.

Barcelona also owe around €9 million to Braga for the transfer of Trincao while a figure of €10 million is owed to Bordeaux for Malcom.

Other news outlets have widely speculated that the Catalans also owe money to Bayern Munich for the transfer of Arturo Vidal. The same can be said for Borussia Dortmund, in the case of Ousmane Dembele.

All the debts combined amount to a figure of more than €126 million, owed to 19 different clubs. It puts Barcelona in a perilous position and could serve as a major roadblock in the club’s bid to steer out of their economic woes.

Barcelona are hopeful the sale of BLM and TV rights can help them cut back on losses and repay the debts. But it could come at the expense of a lack of reinforcements in the summer transfer window, which, in turn, could be a major blow for Xavi Hernandez ahead of the new season.

Add the €17 million they owe Frenkie De Jong in deferred wages which they are asking him to forgo and Barca are nothing more than a criminal organisation.

Shit club run by criminals and the sooner they go bust the better.
Spud

Kurt Russell

« Reply #1457 on: August 03, 2022, 04:25:00 AM »
Barcelona will be fine. They've just raised half a billion selling advance revenue for their domestic TV rights.

woke

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1458 on: August 03, 2022, 05:08:10 AM »
...and when that money runs out who are they going to extort to pay the bills?
Spud

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1459 on: August 03, 2022, 10:28:35 AM »
They'd probably be better off accepting a couple of years of bringing young players and playing second fiddle instead of trying to score a big UCL jackpot but they'll probably be fine regardless middle term.
ὕβρις

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1460 on: August 03, 2022, 11:23:52 AM »
they should have tightened the belt a bit for the next 2 or 3 years instead of selling off a decent % of TV rights. That shit is going to sting hard in a few years if they're back in a decent financial position and it means that they're losing out on £50m a year (number pulled out of my arse) just so they could sign a load of players they couldn't afford in 2022. 

With their young players and a few sensible signings they should've been able to get Champions League pretty easily anyway.
(ice)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1461 on: August 03, 2022, 01:58:32 PM »

With their young players and a few sensible signings they should've been able to get Champions League pretty easily anyway.
Exactly, it's La Liga, it's not like there's actual competition for the top 4 anyway.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1462 on: August 18, 2022, 02:10:15 AM »
Just wanted to say FUCKING LOL MAN UNITED!!!!
Spud

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #1463 on: November 08, 2022, 12:55:35 AM »
Dani Alves is going to the World Cup!

Literally spat my drink out
:O

Kurt Russell

« Reply #1464 on: November 08, 2022, 05:07:47 AM »
Dani Alves is going to the World Cup!

Literally spat my drink out

It makes perfect sense. He'll play the Conor Coady role for the Brazil squad and probably get 20 minutes on the pitch towards the end of the third-place playoff match.
woke