Author Topic: It's 20XX and people are mad online about Star War!  (Read 557284 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: How bout that Star War huh?
« Reply #3180 on: May 03, 2018, 09:28:15 PM »
Play Shadows of the Empire.
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3181 on: May 04, 2018, 02:53:44 AM »
Play Shadows of the Empire.

I want to still ENJOY Star Wars, why are you sabotaging me?

YOU'RE A SITH!

paprikastaude

« Reply #3182 on: May 04, 2018, 04:11:21 AM »
Pod Racer just released on GOG iirc.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #3183 on: May 05, 2018, 05:39:16 PM »

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3184 on: May 05, 2018, 09:10:32 PM »
Like 90% of May the Fourth stuff I saw came from advertisers. Dominos texted me saying they found my lack of pizza disturbing.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3186 on: May 06, 2018, 06:40:07 PM »
Wrong thread?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #3188 on: May 12, 2018, 12:27:00 AM »
Live action star wars series?

What a time

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3189 on: May 12, 2018, 12:31:05 AM »
Live action star wars series?

What a time
It's Disney time

agrajag

« Reply #3190 on: May 12, 2018, 01:18:11 AM »
may the 4th was the corniest thing ever.

But I'm sure Bubby threw a fucking parade over it

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3191 on: May 12, 2018, 04:00:12 PM »
I'm pretty tired of the last few years of star wars inundation and kinda numb to any of the new movies, but the live show has me a little bit interested. TV has gotten to the point where it can afford to be different, moreso than lumbering blockbusters. Hopefully the episodic, 40 minute installment format lets whoever is working on it be a little less tethered to the beats the movies have to hit

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3192 on: May 12, 2018, 08:01:36 PM »

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3193 on: May 12, 2018, 09:29:34 PM »
Spoilers for solo are out there and one of them fuckin cracks me up

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3194 on: May 13, 2018, 12:36:47 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/8ipaol/full_spoiler_review_this_is_a_spoilerspoiler/dytms64/?st=jh51hi5z&sh=71e8e42f
spoiler (click to show/hide)
SPOILERS

Film starts with text, not really a crawl

Han and Qi'ra are trying to leave Corellia. They are boyfriend and girlfriend, and they kiss.

They steal something they can use to bribe an Imperial officer with so they can escape. "Some worm" guys chase after them in those speeders from the trailers. Han and Qi'ra reach the Imperial hangar.

They try to bribe an Imperial officer to escape Corellia, they get separated, Qi'ra gets captured by gangsters, Han hides in a recruitment center where he joins the Imperial army to leave Corellia. He says his name is just "Han" and that he's alone...Imperial guard gives him the last name "Solo"

3 years later

Han is fighting on Mimban. He sees Beckett and his team including Val and Rio Durant. They are disguised as Imperial troops, but aren't fighting. Han tries to tell on them because they won't let him join their crew, but Beckett rats Han out first, saying that Han is trying to desert the Empire.

Han gets thrown into a prisoner camp, where Chewie is. They escape. Beckett's crew sees this and they decide to "rescue" Han and Chewie and let them be part of their crew

They try to steal fuel cells from a train from the trailer. Enfys Nest and the Cloud Raiders are also there, trying to steal it. Val sacrifices herself. Rio Durant, who is the pilot, also dies.

Now Han must pilot the ship (not the Falcon) He drops the fuel cells and they blow up.

Han, Chewie, and Beckett now go to Dryden Voss' hangout. He is the gangster they are trying to sell fuel cells too. Beckett comes up with a new plan, saying that there is some on Kessel.

Qi'ra is now Dryden's girlfriend. She tells them that she knows Lando has a fast ship they can use.

Han, Chewie, Beckett, Qi'ra go see Lando.

Han plays sabacc with Lando to win the Falcon. Han loses because Lando cheats, Han knows he cheats, but can't prove it.

Lando and L3 fly the Falcon with the crew to Kessel. Han and Qi'ra have another moment alone, they kiss again.

L3 tries to save robot prisoners, but gets shot and teared in half

Chewie tries to free Wookies. Doesn't seem like he knows them.

The crew escapes Kessel with the fuel cells. Han must fly the Falcon now, because Lando is sad L3 is basically dead. They use L3's "brain" to help navigate through a black hole and the tentacle monster from the trailer

The fuel cells from Kessel are unstable, so they have to go to a new planet to make them stable some how. Enfys Nest and her gang are there. Turns out she is a 16 year old girl and they are trying to help some "rebellion" and needs the fuel.

Not clear if Han and the gang give them some or what, doesn't seem like any Cloud Raiders die

Lando flies away with the Falcon.

Han, Chewie, Qi'ra, go back to Dryden Voss. Beckett stays behind for some reason, it sounds like he thinks Dryden Voss may kill him.

It turns out Beckett double crosses Han and tells Dryden Voss that the fuel cells are fake (even though they are real)

Han, Qi'ra, and Chewie fight Dryden Voss and his guards. Voss and his guards die.

Han goes after Beckett for revenge. Qi'ra stays behind, using a hologram message to speak with her actual gangster boss: Darth Maul

Darth Maul is a crime lord now. Ray Park is the actor, but they use Sam Witwer's voice

It sounds like Maul is only in hologram form and is in the movie for less than a minute.

This is the last mention of Qi'ra. It is unclears what happens to her

Beckett tries to talk his way out of trouble with Han, but Han shoots first and kills Beckett

The movie ends with Han and Chewie going to a new planet to find Lando.

Han hugs Lando, similarly to how Lando hugs Han in ESB. While hugging, Han steals Lando's cheat card he kept in his sleeve.

Han goes all in on his sabacc hand, winning Lando's Falcon

Han and Chewie fly the Falcon, stating they need to go to Tattoine to meet a "big time gangster" presumably Jabba the Hutt, although Jabba is not mentioned by name

No Boba Fett
[close]

sphagnum

« Reply #3195 on: May 13, 2018, 11:10:41 PM »
omg :rofl

Did they really have to explain the origins of his fucking name?

And Darth Maul? Jesus christ what? Might be the most cynical thing about the movie.
[close]

Are you sure these aren't fake? Because that's dumber than I expected.

They're accurate. And
Maul makes perfect sense after TCW. I'm very glad to see that Lucasfilm is willing to include canon elements that might confuse a general viewer since it demonstrates their commitment to unified canon.
[close]

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3196 on: May 13, 2018, 11:38:34 PM »
Sounds like it's better than a lot of people [including me] thought it was going to be, so I'm happy about that.
dog

sphagnum

« Reply #3197 on: May 14, 2018, 12:25:40 AM »
omg :rofl

Did they really have to explain the origins of his fucking name?

And Darth Maul? Jesus christ what? Might be the most cynical thing about the movie.
[close]

Are you sure these aren't fake? Because that's dumber than I expected.

They're accurate. And
Maul makes perfect sense after TCW. I'm very glad to see that Lucasfilm is willing to include canon elements that might confuse a general viewer since it demonstrates their commitment to unified canon.
[close]

I think it's less for canon and more for toy sales.

They don't need to shove him into a 30 second cameo to sell toys, he's already popular.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3198 on: May 14, 2018, 12:32:22 AM »
Yeah he's super super popular after TCW and Rebels

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3199 on: May 14, 2018, 12:47:20 AM »
yes he is already popular with kids (to the point where they dont need to include him in this movie to sell *spoiler* toys) and yes he was included so they can have a new line of *spoiler* toys. both are true.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3200 on: May 14, 2018, 07:45:24 AM »
:lol Do you actually think the movies care about all about the cartoons and whatever else EU? Because I can assure you they don't.
The cartoons? Absolutely. The EU? That stuff was thrown out mostly. I dont know what you're arguing anymore btw.

sphagnum

« Reply #3201 on: May 14, 2018, 08:21:55 AM »
:lol Do you actually think the movies care about all about the cartoons and whatever else EU? Because I can assure you they don't.

On the one hand I could listen to Pablo, or on the other hand I could listen to a guy on a message board.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3202 on: May 14, 2018, 10:09:36 AM »
They've also been slowing adding EU things back into cannon, like Thrawn. I imagine the upcoming Star Wars live-action TV series will go even farther in that regard.
dog

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3203 on: May 14, 2018, 10:25:04 AM »
They've also been slowing adding EU things back into cannon, like Thrawn. I imagine the upcoming Star Wars live-action TV series will go even farther in that regard.
Yeah would be nice if the live action was about Ezra and Thrawn and what/where they were during the OT stuff.

agrajag

« Reply #3204 on: May 14, 2018, 01:13:09 PM »
Maul was the best part of Phantom Menace. Don't give a shit about the cartoons.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #3205 on: May 14, 2018, 04:45:09 PM »
The separatists had the right to self government
每天生气

sphagnum

« Reply #3206 on: May 14, 2018, 04:52:44 PM »
The separatists had the right to self government

There is a severe lack of focus on the regular Separatists, the average beings who saw that the Republic was unfixable and just wanted freedom. Personally I hope one day we get a book about Cassian's family.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3207 on: May 14, 2018, 06:28:58 PM »
Maul was the best part of Phantom Menace. Don't give a shit about the cartoons.

Regional Manager Darth Maul? Yeah, he is p. cool.

bluemax

« Reply #3208 on: May 15, 2018, 01:09:00 AM »
https://twitter.com/DanCasey/status/994758084336627712

Oh man, I missed this. I worked for the company that did some of the tech for Jungle Book, wonder if he's gonna use the same stuff.
NO

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3209 on: May 15, 2018, 06:54:32 AM »
The stuff with Darth Maul in TCW is amazingly fucking awful, would be hilarious to try to see them do that shit in a live action setting
Spiderlegs DM was awful, Obi Wan hate boner, normal legged, vision quest DM was great.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3210 on: May 15, 2018, 07:10:39 AM »
yeah the version of DM i like is post that bullshit.

sphagnum

« Reply #3211 on: May 15, 2018, 08:38:38 AM »
TCW was, Rebels not so much. TCW basically was the Star Wars brand from 2008 to 2013.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3212 on: May 15, 2018, 08:41:24 AM »
I'm saying the entirety of the DM arc(s) on TCW was garbage fanfic level dogshit bruv
And I'm talking mostly about his Rebels run

agrajag

« Reply #3213 on: May 15, 2018, 09:28:21 AM »

Oh man, I missed this. I worked for the company that did some of the tech for Jungle Book, wonder if he's gonna use the same stuff.

Why the fuck do they insist on all these prequels instead of just telling the fucking story chronologically. Why release a sequel that you need to release a prequel for a few years later to explain/set it up?

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3214 on: May 17, 2018, 12:27:23 AM »
What the fuck I just realized the robot in this is named L337.  Are you fuckin kidding me

etiolate

« Reply #3215 on: May 17, 2018, 12:35:14 AM »
I didn't realize how big the star wars CG animated shows were until I ran into younger star wars fans that love them and the prequel characters.

For all the shit they get, the prequels did establish a new generation of fans that are attached to those films.

Boredfrom

« Reply #3216 on: May 17, 2018, 12:37:47 AM »
I didn't realize how big the star wars CG animated shows were until I ran into younger star wars fans that love them and the prequel characters.

For all the shit they get, the prequels did establish a new generation of fans that are attached to those films.

I mean, those Anakin toys were no just sold to fat nerds.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3217 on: May 17, 2018, 12:43:19 AM »

I mean, those Anakin toys were no just sold to fat nerds.
Those Anakin toys were soft, unlike sand.

agrajag

« Reply #3218 on: May 17, 2018, 12:44:22 AM »
I'm sure the latter day Simpsons has devoted fans that grew up with it too.

:donot

kingv

« Reply #3219 on: May 17, 2018, 12:26:21 PM »

Why the fuck do they insist on all these prequels instead of just telling the fucking story chronologically. Why release a sequel that you need to release a prequel for a few years later to explain/set it up?

I am absolutely ready for them to explain wtf happened before TFA.... even if it will probably be mediocre.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3220 on: May 17, 2018, 12:44:12 PM »
Yeah, with years of EU books/comics/ect. wiped out by the current movies, it feels like there's a huge gap between RotJ and TFA that deserves to be filled.
dog

paprikastaude

« Reply #3221 on: May 17, 2018, 12:50:26 PM »

Outside the internet I can't remember speaking to anyone about the show who differentiated between old and modern Simpsons. People love all of the show or they don't. If you aren't a (specific kind of) nerd, you probably like trash like Episode 3 and Two and a Half Men.

agrajag

« Reply #3222 on: May 17, 2018, 01:07:04 PM »

Outside the internet I can't remember speaking to anyone about the show who differentiated between old and modern Simpsons. People love all of the show or they don't. If you aren't a (specific kind of) nerd, you probably like trash like Episode 3 and Two and a Half Men.

What is this nonsense? I don't know anyone irl who still watches The Simpsons.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3223 on: May 17, 2018, 01:14:04 PM »
Everyone I know that likes classic era Simpsons just says "but I haven't watched new episodes in a long time" which is their way of saying they like old Simpsons but not new Simpsons.  To be fair, internet nerds are the only ones I've ever heard draw a line in the sand on seasons though. 

bluemax

« Reply #3224 on: May 18, 2018, 12:00:58 AM »
Yeah, with years of EU books/comics/ect. wiped out by the current movies, it feels like there's a huge gap between RotJ and TFA that deserves to be filled.

I'm sure they will, just not until after the new trilogy is done. Disney isn't gonna stop churning out Star Wars stuff any time soon.
NO

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #3225 on: May 20, 2018, 06:54:36 PM »

agrajag

« Reply #3226 on: May 20, 2018, 06:57:35 PM »
Salo means salt pork in Russian.

The ration stamps will be distributed tomorrow afternoon, tovarish

:ussrcry

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3227 on: May 21, 2018, 12:26:26 AM »
salt pork would be a great username :lawd

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3228 on: May 24, 2018, 08:43:40 PM »
James Mangold is writing and will direct a Star Wars stand-alone movie centered on Boba Fett, the feared bounty hunter and fan-favorite character.
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3229 on: May 24, 2018, 08:46:43 PM »
James Mangold is writing and will direct a Star Wars stand-alone movie centered on Boba Fett, the feared bounty hunter and fan-favorite character.

Ironically, he's also attached to an cop movie called "The Force". :lol

https://variety.com/2017/film/news/logan-director-james-mangold-cop-drama-the-force-1202010578/
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3230 on: May 24, 2018, 08:51:37 PM »
:thinking
dog

Tasty

« Reply #3231 on: May 24, 2018, 11:31:31 PM »
Who the fuck is even seeing this garbage, lol.

Boredfrom

« Reply #3232 on: May 24, 2018, 11:33:57 PM »

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #3233 on: May 24, 2018, 11:41:47 PM »
Had a nap bout half way through this, seats were too comfy. Enfys Nest was a poorly shoe-horned in character. ZZzz
◕‿◕

Tasty

« Reply #3234 on: May 25, 2018, 10:03:56 PM »
Let that be a lesson to folks: Never cast Emilia Clarke in your movie.

Not even once.

paprikastaude

« Reply #3235 on: May 26, 2018, 09:31:11 AM »
lol, apparently
Darth Maul
[close]
is in Solo?  :derp

Tasty

« Reply #3236 on: May 26, 2018, 10:01:13 AM »
lol, apparently
Darth Maul
[close]
is in Solo?  :derp

He's the secret big bad revealed in the last 10 mins lol.

« Reply #3237 on: May 26, 2018, 11:07:01 AM »
Apparently Solo is on track to making LESS money worldwide than fucking Justice League :lol

And possibly Ready Player One :omg

Solo is making less money than the netflix release of Dragon Ball Z Resurrection F

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #3238 on: May 26, 2018, 12:39:06 PM »
Star Wars? More like Star Bores
:9

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #3239 on: May 26, 2018, 01:24:26 PM »
It was actually a pretty fun movie