Author Topic: Catch-all Cop Thread  (Read 140227 times)

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Re: Catch-all Cop Thread
« Reply #480 on: July 08, 2016, 08:56:06 AM »
Fuck I'm glad I moved out into the boonies, this country is too scary to be around other people

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #481 on: July 08, 2016, 08:59:35 AM »
https://twitter.com/JamieGrierson/status/751395576143568896

drones n robots for these cyberpunk times, where are my implants tho  >:(

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #482 on: July 08, 2016, 09:11:34 AM »
It's a wrap for BLM and criminal justice reform fellas.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #483 on: July 08, 2016, 09:15:12 AM »
Holy fuck

Beezy

« Reply #484 on: July 08, 2016, 09:45:20 AM »
I don't mind them not releasing names right away, but it feels a bit weird since they rushed to broadcast the face of that one guy who it turned out had nothing to do with it.
That guy is black. They always rush to put up the faces of minorities when we're the suspects. So I'll continue assuming that the real shooters are white until we hear more about them.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #485 on: July 08, 2016, 10:00:09 AM »
Man if your own people are just targeting police like this your country is fucked up good, that's a breakdown of what a society is built on

I think it's overly pessimistic, to be honest. The clock is not turning back even if the hands are moving painfully slow. It is a tragic event, but I would be less worried by the horrible acts of small isolated groups than, say, another round of riots. The USA (and I would add any western democracy with "ethnically diverse" population) have gone through similar and worse events because of it.

I won't deny, if the alleged motives are lending to it, a ton a poisonous rhetoric will fill the air for some time.
ὕβρις

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #486 on: July 08, 2016, 11:12:15 AM »
So, apparently the guy said he acted alone and was specifically targeting white people.

It's just nuts to me that one guy did all this. Hard to believe.
yar

« Reply #487 on: July 08, 2016, 11:25:07 AM »
The police killed the shooter with a bomb driven by an IED robot. In 2016, police are blowing people up now with robots.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #488 on: July 08, 2016, 11:29:39 AM »
So, apparently the guy said he acted alone and was specifically targeting white people.

It's just nuts to me that one guy did all this. Hard to believe.

Is it, though ? From what I can gather so far, fire was opened on police officers during a demonstration where they would be probably relatively densely gathered. Half a dozen casualties on unsuspecting victims with an automatic weapon would be pretty plausible, it might have been unclear to everyone on scene where the shots were coming from in the first place. We know from video footage a shooter was at one point on ground level exchanging fire with a cop he executed. We also know a shooter finally holed in a building and was killed after several hours of negociations. Early reports mentioned multiple shooters and spoke of "triangulation" and "ambush" but it's pretty well known that witness testimony is unreliable, especially since there was probably some mass panic when it all unfolded. It wouldn't be shocking as well that the three persons held in custody by the police might have nothing to do with it.

I guess we'll see.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 11:38:07 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #489 on: July 08, 2016, 11:39:46 AM »

BLM should consider a brand name change or something. This will be the first thing people think of when they hear BLM.
serge

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #490 on: July 08, 2016, 11:54:31 AM »
Apparently the shooter was army reserve, which would make sense. It's just nuts that one person did this, but I guess maybe he was lying about that? Who knows. It's also crazy to me that a remote controlled robot was able to get near someone in a standoff and blow up a bomb to kill them. I hope I'm not sounding Alex Jones-ish on any of this shit, but it's just tough to believe.

Some of these photos look like exactly what Fox News would dream up to scare white people.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/dallas-shooting-suspect-identified
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #492 on: July 08, 2016, 12:12:07 PM »

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #493 on: July 08, 2016, 12:47:12 PM »
Well at some point people have had enough and fight back so yeah, cant say honkies didnt have it coming to them for a while now

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #494 on: July 08, 2016, 12:48:14 PM »
Whole thing is fucked, and sadly this wraps it up for BLM for a good long time.
vin

« Reply #495 on: July 08, 2016, 12:50:15 PM »
https://twitter.com/tmgneff/status/751451067129495554

IRR means he was still technically on the Army's books as a soldier, but not in any active or drill capacity and not paid. You usually have an IRR commitment after your enlistment.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #496 on: July 08, 2016, 12:51:31 PM »
I dont see how this wraps up BML if anything it should be taken more seriously

also gun laws ffs

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #497 on: July 08, 2016, 01:33:47 PM »
I'm starting to see some gun nuts saying that maybe it is time to review gun laws.

Dozens of lgbt people killed. Nothing.
Movie goers massacred. Nothing.
Hell, 21 kids slaughtered. Nope.
5 cops killed. OMG WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING!!!!
que

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #498 on: July 08, 2016, 01:36:19 PM »
5 cops killed (by a black guy). OMG WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING!!!!

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #499 on: July 08, 2016, 01:50:29 PM »
Cue gun laws targetting black people only somehow

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #500 on: July 08, 2016, 01:51:55 PM »
Click hole or someone needs an article: Republicans prepared to acknowledge gun laws if it will save them from acknowledging racism

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #501 on: July 08, 2016, 01:55:29 PM »

Quote from: @WalshFreedom
4 Dallas Cops assassinated tonight. Blacks lives matter cheers. LGBT blames Christians. Obama defends Islam
Obama's words & BLM's deeds have gotten cops killed. Time for us to defend our cops

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #502 on: July 08, 2016, 02:05:50 PM »
The end result is that a bunch of cops were victims of a mass shooter. They were armed, trained, and looking for any suspicious folks at the protest but they still couldn't get the guy until they cornered him and blew him up. Kind of shows the futility in preserving the right to weapons for personal defense.

I don't think BLM will slow down as it started with cellphone cameras and social media and now it's in the middle of this other big public safety debate.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #503 on: July 08, 2016, 02:30:46 PM »
I'd be stunned if they aren't black. Seems tied to the recorded shootings. You can only push people so far before they snap. Not justifying anything, it's disgusting what happened. But those suspects who got arrested last night will be convicted and sentenced to death or life in prison, while the cops who executed black men on camera will go free as usual. They might not even receive charges. And it'll just be another case of black people being told you aren't shit. And people will react, positively and negatively. If you want to call it blowback or something else, it is what it is.

It's a shame and a terrible situation.

Welcome to your fox news quote if you ever get murdered by a cop. 

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #504 on: July 08, 2016, 02:44:50 PM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #505 on: July 08, 2016, 02:54:01 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

4 Dallas Cops assassinated tonight. Blacks lives matter cheers. LGBT blames Christians. Obama defends Islam
Obama's words & BLM's deeds have gotten cops killed. Time for us to defend our cops

From the guy who lobbed disgusting attacks against a military veteran who lost both her legs in combat.
dog

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #506 on: July 08, 2016, 03:08:37 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

From the guy who lobbed disgusting attacks against a military veteran who lost both her legs in combat.
He's also desperately trying to lay this at the feet of Obama, BLM and liberals. Conveniently ignoring the recent news.

Then there's this gem:
Obama's response to Dallas should be: "America, respect our Police. They keep us safe. Don't ever resist arrest. Stop this war on our Cops."
About that...

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #507 on: July 08, 2016, 03:25:12 PM »

Obama's response to Dallas should be: "America, respect our Police. They keep us safe. Don't ever resist arrest. Stop this war on our Cops."
About that...
'And even if you don't, they'll just fucking kill you anyway.'
Hi

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #508 on: July 08, 2016, 03:26:41 PM »
"The government wants to take our guns, they can die trying"

"Don't ever resist arrest"

:doge

benjipwns

« Reply #509 on: July 08, 2016, 03:41:34 PM »
Shocked to see lieberals not understanding nuanced philosophy. ::)

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #510 on: July 08, 2016, 04:44:34 PM »
blm will be just fine. cops shooting invent black people isn't gonna stop any time soon, so there will still be plenty of horror stories to rally around and fight against.

as for gun control, l o fucking l. this event will be used to push for more militarization of police, and for less transparency/accountability for cops, thus furthering the cycle. i mean it hasn't even been 24 hours Missouris governor already signed some bullshit that keeps all dashboard and body cams from the public til any investigation is closed :lol justice in this country is a joke.
pcp

TVC15

« Reply #511 on: July 08, 2016, 04:47:09 PM »
So, what are the chances I'm going to get that race war I've always wanted?

Note: I'm not racist or anything, I've just always thought it would be interesting to see.
serge

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #512 on: July 08, 2016, 05:05:57 PM »
the only people that really want a race war are jimbobs that collect guns and domestic abuse charges
pcp

helios

« Reply #513 on: July 08, 2016, 05:09:29 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #514 on: July 08, 2016, 05:21:00 PM »
https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/751458594558611456/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Newt Gingrich on Black America

Except for the ever loaded use of "normal", it reads like some reasonable stuff.

he does not want to be Trump's running mate I see

:dead
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #515 on: July 08, 2016, 06:40:12 PM »
Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick (R) on Friday afternoon railed against the people who took part in the protest in Dallas on Thursday night, charging that the protesters were "hypocrites" because, as he framed it, they were anti-police but expected the police to protect them once the shooting started.

"All those protesters last night, they ran the other way, expecting the men and women in blue to turn around and protect them. What hypocrites," Patrick said on Fox News. "I understand the First Amendment. I understand freedom of speech, and I defend it. It is in our Constitution and is in our soul, but you can't go out on social media and mainstream media and everywhere else and say that the police are racist or police are hateful or the police are killers."
"I do blame people on social media, with their hatred towards police. I do blame, I saw Jesse Jackson — I think it was on Fox the other night — calling police racist without any facts. I do blame former Black Lives Matters protests. Last night was peaceful, but others have not been," Patrick said on Fox News.

The lieutenant governor said that there are only a "precious few thousand" law enforcement officers and warned that "we're not going to have them much longer."

Patrick argued that concern about police violence is new and must stop.

"This has to end. I grew up in a world — I've been around long enough that we always had bad people, we always had dangerous people, but the general public respected police," he said. "Too many in the general public, who aren't criminals but have a big mouth, are creating situations like we saw last night."
:stahp

helios

« Reply #516 on: July 08, 2016, 06:49:20 PM »
Isn't this one of the safest times for a cop?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #517 on: July 08, 2016, 06:50:18 PM »
The top two spots at the State House in Austin have been an ever increasing black hole of idiocy since Bush Jr. beat Ann Richards.
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #518 on: July 08, 2016, 07:09:38 PM »
“I think [the Obama administration] continued appeasements at the federal level with the Department of Justice, their appeasement of violent criminals, their refusal to condemn movements like Black Lives Matter, actively calling for the death of police officers, that type of thing, all the while blaming police for the problems in this country has led directly to the climate that has made Dallas possible,” William Johnson, the executive director of the National Association of Police Organizations, said in an interview with Fox on Friday morning.

Johnson said although the Thursday night shooting of law enforcement officers reminded him of “the violence in the streets in the 60’s and 70’s,” he pointed out how Obama’s response appeared different than his predecessors.

“I think one of the big differences then was you had governors and mayors and the president — whether it was President Johnson or President Nixon, Republican or Democrat — condemning violence against the police and urging support for the police,” Johnson said. “Today that's markedly absent. I think that's a huge difference, and that's directly led to the climate that allows these attacks to happen.”

"It's a war on cops," Johnson also said. "And the Obama administration is the Neville Chamberlain of this war."
:obama

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #519 on: July 08, 2016, 07:46:50 PM »
oh fuck everything about that statement

fuck this country in general jeeze
püp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #520 on: July 08, 2016, 07:47:01 PM »
why can't we all just play pokemon go
püp

TVC15

« Reply #521 on: July 08, 2016, 08:00:13 PM »
why can't we all just play pokemon go

Because the servers are shit.
serge

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #522 on: July 08, 2016, 08:16:12 PM »
“I think one of the big differences then was you had governors and mayors and the president — whether it was President Johnson or President Nixon, Republican or Democrat — condemning violence against the police and urging support for the police,” Johnson said. “Today that's markedly absent. I think that's a huge difference, and that's directly led to the climate that allows these attacks to happen.”

President Obama, addressing the tumult...said here Friday that he was outraged by the sniper attacks on the Dallas police that left five officers dead and seven wounded, calling the carnage "a vicious, calculated and despicable attack on law enforcement.”

The president said there was "no possible justification" for the violence against police.

“We are horrified over these events and we stand united with the people and the police department in Dallas,” said Obama.

Obama emphasized that he had spoken by phone with Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings and offered full federal assistance to the investigation. He added that the FBI has been in touch with local officials.

Police have “an extraordinarily difficult job and the vast majority of them do their job in an outstanding fashion," Obama said Friday. "Today is a wrenching reminder of the sacrifices they make for us."

derpa derp
dog

TVC15

« Reply #523 on: July 08, 2016, 08:36:35 PM »
Fuck. I have tickets to see Louis CK and there's a big protest like a block away. With any luck, I end up in a riot and/or dead tonight.
serge

Syph

« Reply #524 on: July 08, 2016, 11:43:46 PM »
XO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #525 on: July 09, 2016, 12:27:41 AM »

President Obama, addressing the tumult...said here Friday that he was outraged by the sniper attacks on the Dallas police that left five officers dead and seven wounded, calling the carnage "a vicious, calculated and despicable attack on law enforcement.”

The president said there was "no possible justification" for the violence against police.

“We are horrified over these events and we stand united with the people and the police department in Dallas,” said Obama.

Obama emphasized that he had spoken by phone with Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings and offered full federal assistance to the investigation. He added that the FBI has been in touch with local officials.

Police have “an extraordinarily difficult job and the vast majority of them do their job in an outstanding fashion," Obama said Friday. "Today is a wrenching reminder of the sacrifices they make for us."

derpa derp

Well his words say that but with those people...
ὕβρις

« Reply #526 on: July 09, 2016, 11:23:44 AM »
One for Boogie:

“When it was time to try to leave, he said, ‘I’m gonna stand up. You stand behind me, and we’re gonna back out,’” recalled Moore.

:american

http://www.fox4news.com/news/172095776-story

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #529 on: July 09, 2016, 08:40:36 PM »
I'd like to hear the otherside of that.  Hopefully an ex-black cop can comment. 

benjipwns

« Reply #530 on: July 11, 2016, 01:50:51 AM »
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/07/09/inside-the-fall-of-the-dallas-shooter.html
But by numerous reports, Johnson and his Army Reserves engineering unit did not see so much as a moment of combat.

At least part of Johnson’s manifest transformation seems to have been the result not of PTSD, but of what might be termed PTDD, Post Traumatic Disgrace Disorder.

As reported by one of his bunkmates in Afghanistan, Johnson suffered a particular shame.

“We all knew he was a pervert cuz he got caught stealing girls’ panties,” the bunkmate later said in a Facebook post.

Johnson’s military lawyer, Bradford Glendening, says that a female corporal mentioned Victoria’s Secret underthings when she filed a sexual harassment complaint against his client.

The lawyer further reports that the corporal was worried enough to seek an order of protection against Johnson and to recommend that he receive mental health treatment.

All this seems to have transpired shortly after Johnson’s unit was detailed to assist in the preparations for what was described as “a surprise thank you visit” by President Obama to Bagram Air Base on the evening before Memorial Day in 2014.
Her excitement and the president’s praise could have only deepened the shame when he was deemed a panty perv and and shipped home three months early to face sexual harassment charges.

benjipwns

« Reply #531 on: July 11, 2016, 01:52:50 AM »
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/off-duty-st-louis-county-officer-fatally-shoots-intruder-at/article_00c6c2bd-d559-5b78-a8f1-e78187dfa2a6.html

A former Affton High School football standout forced his way into a South County home and was shot and killed by an off-duty officer inside after a Facebook dispute over Black Lives Matter apparently boiled over late Saturday afternoon.

That's what can be pieced together from the accounts of police and an uncle of Tyler Gebhard, who said the young man had been struggling with mental health issues.

"He walked over there and into a gunfight," Gebhard's uncle, Patrick Brogan said, drawing on accounts offered by friends of his nephew. "When he got there, he was met with a gun and the guy killed him."

Authorities said Gebhard, 20, and the officer were acquainted, and Gebhard made Facebook threats to the officer's family and “uninvolved members of the community” in advance of the Saturday encounter with the unidentified officer.

Gebhard threw a 50-pound concrete planter through the window and entered the Lakeshire residence as the officer's wife, mother-in-law and two young children struggled to escape through a bedroom window, St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar said. The off-duty officer shot and killed Gebhard.

"I don’t think the officer had a choice — I honestly don’t,” Belmar told reporters on Saturday, labeling the situation “a very difficult position to be in.”
Brogan said Gebhard and the police officer he befriended at a local church had clashed recently on Facebook over his nephew's support of Black Lives Matter.

Gebhard, who was biracial, supported the cause but was not an active participant in the protest movement, the uncle said.

His Facebook page contains numerous posts about police shootings of black men and the deaths of five officers in Dallas at the hands of a gunman targeting white officers. Some devolve into heated arguments and warnings of a "race war." Some posts are conciliatory, calling for black and white people to come together. One shows an image of a candle burning for the fallen Dallas officers.

But an online disagreement over the issues brought Gebhard to the Lakeshire home shortly before 6 p.m.

Belmar said Gebhard tossed the planter through the back window after being rebuffed by the officer's wife at the front door. She hid with other family members, including a toddler and an infant, as the off-duty officer went to check on the disturbance.
:holeup

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #532 on: July 12, 2016, 03:22:39 PM »

that's some heavy shit. Damn.
:tocry

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #533 on: July 13, 2016, 01:35:09 PM »

TVC15

« Reply #534 on: July 17, 2016, 02:28:54 PM »
Oops.

Yeah, police reform ain't happening in our lifetime.
serge

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #535 on: July 17, 2016, 07:58:18 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #537 on: July 19, 2016, 12:11:03 PM »
Holy fuck at that judo throw  :crazy
How can it not be excessive force ?
ὕβρις

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #538 on: July 20, 2016, 05:48:48 AM »
Holy fuck at that judo throw  :crazy
How can it not be excessive force ?
Because the person being thrown isn't white, that's how. :shh
Hi

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #539 on: July 20, 2016, 08:49:53 AM »
They already had him in cuffs  ???

Scum of the earth seriously

cident. Parker encountered Patel last Feb. 6 while responding to a call of a suspicious black man looking at garages and walking near houses. Patel, in from India to visit his son and grandson, testified that he did not understand English or the officers who confronted him while he was out for a walk.

Black man? Dude is Indian. Fucking neighbours though.

Only in America