Author Topic: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care  (Read 530661 times)

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
Re: Super Struggle Thread II: Turbo
« Reply #120 on: May 26, 2015, 11:21:13 PM »
Vets are really shady.

I think vets wished they made enough money to be shady.

Outside of big animal/cattle vets. They rake it in.
dur

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2015, 11:24:53 PM »
Microsoft Excel is the fucking devil.

You take that shit back

:bolo
yar

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2015, 12:16:38 AM »
Microsoft Excel is the fucking devil.
I could run a multi-billion dollar company with just email and excel.
Excel is da god.
que

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2015, 12:21:04 AM »
Excel does p. much everything, it's da god.

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2015, 01:16:48 AM »
Be a cac from an upper middle class family destined for a life of abject poverty :mindblown  :ufup

:trash :piss Mental illness :piss2 :trash

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2015, 10:38:14 AM »
got turned down by the job i've been vying for the last few weeks. back to square one.
nat

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #126 on: May 27, 2015, 11:34:53 AM »
Sucks dude

« Reply #127 on: May 27, 2015, 12:07:52 PM »
Been a few months since I moved out. Eat well, sleep well, lost weight, etc.

Sounds good. But I was expecting more though. I was hoping to get my shit together, but despite the aforementioned positives that's not going too well.

I dunno what you call it, but the mental health help institutions and stuff in this country have gone to shit thanks to the budget cuts. And before it wasn't that great either.

What really blows my mind is that in the vast majority of other countries in the world, it's far worse. If I wasn't born in western world I would have probably offed myself a long time ago. Scary thought, mayne.

All things considered it's not too bad, and it may seem like I don't have much to complain about. It's just that my life is at a standstill. And at times, standing still is moving backwards. :fbm From a purely rational standpoint, I have to assume things are getting better. But I've been telling that myself for the past decade, the same amount of time I've been getting 'help' from mental health institutions. :shaq2 And in that decade, most of that progress has come from me naturally getting older/wiser.

There are theories that this is actually what drives these depressions and even suicides. The fact that you know that you got it good and the assumption that you can't really blame it on anyone but yourself. Whereas in third world countries you might just be busy trying to survive and can blame your situation on external factors.

Just looking at suicide rates, you can see that it's mostly a first-/ second world problem
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

Not that it helps you in any way, but I don't really think you would've offed yourself

Fake edit: D'oh, just realized I missed a paragraph and you were referring specifically to mental health treatment. Oh well.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #128 on: May 27, 2015, 12:17:41 PM »
Yeah, every trip to the vet requires ducking at least one upsell.  Can get really annoying because you know it's a crock of shit and they know it's a crock of shit but people spend all kinds of ridiculous amounts of money on their pets.  The dentist is that way too.  I shopped around and found places that were good but tended to do less of that kind of bullshit.  I don't think I can escape that entirely.
🍆🍆

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #129 on: May 27, 2015, 01:31:21 PM »
It took you awhile to fall down, Dufus; it'll take you awhile to get back up again. Ganbare. :uguu

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #130 on: May 27, 2015, 02:08:00 PM »
got turned down by the job i've been vying for the last few weeks. back to square one.

You'll find something better and they'll regret it.

Some years back when I was looking for a job, I interviewed at a place that I thought was totally going to go with me.  I was there for three years and was given the grand tour, taken around to meet people, etc.  Then I was told later that they had already found someone before they even interviewed me.  -_-  A year later the guy contacts me and I tell him I've found a job that pays more than and has more benefits than the one he was offering.  Felt good, man.
ど助平

Kara

« Reply #131 on: May 27, 2015, 03:00:35 PM »
Working on some books where the bookkeeper didn't know capital letters existed in English. The struggle has never been anymore real.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #132 on: May 27, 2015, 03:05:53 PM »
Working on some books where the bookkeeper didn't know capital letters existed in English. The struggle has never been anymore real.

What about looking over the work of an intern and realizing he didn't indent anything.

Kara

« Reply #133 on: May 27, 2015, 04:22:14 PM »
Interns don't know how to address envelopes or dial a number out of the area code on a landline. Tbh I'm bemused that they even know how to breathe.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #134 on: May 27, 2015, 04:57:23 PM »
My mother is finally getting a divorce (older brother and I encouraged her to do it for 4 years) so that's a good thing but my father was prepared for it with money all in overseas banks so only assets that are in the country will probably get split. As a result, her personal checking account is really low so I've been increasingly paying the utilities/groceries/etc for the last few months but I can't really afford it so I have to move in with her while the house goes up for sale. My older brother is in medical school so I'm the only one who can help. Not a great situation but manageable.

All things considered it's not too bad, and it may seem like I don't have much to complain about. It's just that my life is at a standstill. And at times, standing still is moving backwards. :fbm From a purely rational standpoint, I have to assume things are getting better. But I've been telling that myself for the past decade, the same amount of time I've been getting 'help' from mental health institutions. :shaq2 And in that decade, most of that progress has come from me naturally getting older/wiser.

Getting older and wiser sounds like a great solution if your issue is with trying to become a better adjusted person, do you think your main issue is lack of confidence due to (I'm guessing) being disgruntled with social or professional accomplishments?

Regarding depression being a mostly first world thing, I  think that's mostly because of it being serious taboo to commit suicide in Islam/Catholicism. If I lived in a developing country, I'd have even more isolation/abuse for being deformed yet I've had the urge to commit suicide for my entire life in California. I can't imagine people physical/mental disabilities wanting to live longer in developing countries where there is more of a stigma.

Kara

« Reply #135 on: May 27, 2015, 05:06:54 PM »
Sorry AN, hope the sale is quick and lucrative.

Kara

« Reply #136 on: May 27, 2015, 05:21:49 PM »
This morning I had a bunch of not-struggles that eroded my will to dissemble and I was honest about some stuff in therapy that I won't budge on and aren't (mentally and emotionally) healthy so I've put myself on the long winding road to getting the boot for duty of care reasons.

It's been too long since I had a harrowing intake session I suppose.

dkdk

« Reply #137 on: May 27, 2015, 07:13:11 PM »
Interns don't know how to address envelopes or dial a number out of the area code on a landline. Tbh I'm bemused that they even know how to breathe.

Interns  :stahp

I'm glad my company gets hot girls to be interns. If nothing else they're fun to work and hang out with. Nobody trying to deal w/ a dude or a ugly chick who don't know how to do shit. And it ain't like we're hiring them permanently anyway.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #138 on: May 27, 2015, 07:49:12 PM »
"So you ready to run the load?"
"Well yes, but we need the link first"
"OK, well we start tomorrow."
"But it takes 2 weeks to get the link approved and created."
"I told you 3 weeks ago that we would be loading data tomorrow, so given that it takes 2 weeks to set it up, how much time until they're completed?"
"2 weeks."
:beli
que

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2015, 08:13:37 PM »
Pretty sure anyone from The Bore would have been ready to "run the load" ASAP.
:shaq

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #140 on: May 27, 2015, 08:22:12 PM »
 :uguu
que

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #141 on: May 29, 2015, 09:23:43 AM »
You know what really sucks. In the good old days when I felt like fucking shit, I'd play some game as means of escapism. But now I feel like shit, what is there? MMOs have turned to shit. Multiplayer games have turned to shit. There's really nothing for me but to feel like shit while doing nothing i.e. stare out the window wondering what the point of life is.

Play some Street Fighter
:rejoice

Just not on PS4
 :foxx

Also watch the greatest movie ever, Kung Fury, on Youtube.
ど助平

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #142 on: May 29, 2015, 09:50:00 AM »
You know what really sucks. In the good old days when I felt like fucking shit, I'd play some game as means of escapism. But now I feel like shit, what is there? MMOs have turned to shit. Multiplayer games have turned to shit. There's really nothing for me but to feel like shit while doing nothing i.e. stare out the window wondering what the point of life is.

You have two choices at this point. Join a cult or become a F2P mobile gamer.

Come experience the soothing endorphin release by mindlessly tapping for small incremental gains. :praise

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #143 on: May 29, 2015, 01:42:34 PM »

As for SF, doesn't really count unless it's multiplayer. And multiplayer might be frustrating.

Practice!  Getting your ass kicked and learning from it will help you to get better.  I can always pick up a controller, jump online, and have a blast with SF4.  No matter what my mood is.
ど助平

Kara

« Reply #144 on: May 31, 2015, 03:29:57 AM »
Worked a charity event, which is a host of Ls that need not be recounted here, but a member of my team was a noob and seeing their reaction to sums of money that aren't insubstantial but seem like nothing to me this deep in the game really hammered home how fucking out there I am.

I hate what I am and every morning when I wake up I wish that I hadn't.

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #145 on: May 31, 2015, 03:55:06 AM »
Worked a charity event, which is a host of Ls that need not be recounted here, but a member of my team was a noob and seeing their reaction to sums of money that aren't insubstantial but seem like nothing to me this deep in the game really hammered home how fucking out there I am.

Cheer up. You'll be dead before you know it.  8)

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #146 on: May 31, 2015, 04:16:32 AM »
Woke up to a roach crawling on me. Now sleeping on a couch in the TV room
dur

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #147 on: May 31, 2015, 09:10:23 AM »

Couches have more crannies and crevices for cockroaches, and more paths from the floor for access.

Just sayin'.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #148 on: May 31, 2015, 10:01:34 AM »

Couches have more crannies and crevices for cockroaches, and more paths from the floor for access.

Just sayin'.
Sleep tight!  :heart

HiResDes

« Reply #149 on: June 01, 2015, 12:00:45 AM »

Single player western RPGs are the best form of video escapism in my opinion...Witcher 3 accomplishes this well

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #150 on: June 01, 2015, 12:26:42 AM »

:noooo
WDW

Kara

« Reply #151 on: June 01, 2015, 04:23:46 AM »

Cheer up. You'll be dead before you know it.  8)

As fucking if. :goty2

ToxicAdam

« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2015, 08:35:48 AM »
At least you'll have the false hope of sex robots being invented one day.

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #153 on: June 01, 2015, 11:47:15 AM »
Came back from japan trip on wednesday. Flight was delayed, I missed my connection and lost my luggage.

And then I came home and my girlfriend of 13 years has decided that she's breaking up with me.

:fbm
地平線

Kara

« Reply #154 on: June 01, 2015, 12:49:23 PM »
Really sorry, H. Can't even fathom losing a relationship that had lasted that long.

When the shock wears off you'll be kinda buoyant for a bit but then you're going to plunge pretty hard. :fbm

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #155 on: June 01, 2015, 12:53:05 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Hyoushi.
©ZH

ToxicAdam

« Reply #156 on: June 01, 2015, 01:32:07 PM »
Ever watch that opening scene in Joe versus the Volcano? That's what I'm imagining now.

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #157 on: June 01, 2015, 03:25:01 PM »
Got black out drunk last night. Stabbing pain in my head. Pls take me now Jesus.  :brazilcry

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #158 on: June 01, 2015, 07:47:48 PM »
It looks like they even stopped looking for my friend's friend's body.

:brazilcry
que

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #159 on: June 01, 2015, 08:07:43 PM »
Came back from japan trip on wednesday. Flight was delayed, I missed my connection and lost my luggage.

And then I came home and my girlfriend of 13 years has decided that she's breaking up with me.

Hyoushi, I'm sure you're sad right now, but you're a cool dude and will get past this. If you need a bright side, at least she figured this out before marriage and kids.

OTOH, and sorry in advance for the Real Talk, most relationships even approaching the 10 year mark require the M-word commitment. It may have been either one of you which wasn't ready for that, but it sounds like she decided move on. If this makes you re-evaluate the relationship and realize you'd like to be with her FOREVER, cool. If not, a wash of relief is what you should be feeling, in addition to any dizziness.

It looks like they even stopped looking for my friend's friend's body.

:brazilcry
Wait, what?

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #160 on: June 01, 2015, 08:10:35 PM »
See here Chrono
One of my friend's friends has gone missing.
She's a young latina in her 20s and there's no trace of her. No credit card activities, no cell records, no sightings, nothing.
She's been gone over a month, but everyday I keep seeing my friend's facebook page with more posts about vigils and searches and all that.
For the first couple of days I was hoping they'd find her. But now it sorta feels like they're just looking for a body.  :-\
que

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #161 on: June 01, 2015, 09:04:04 PM »
Damn Hyoushi sorry to hear that

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2015, 09:07:43 PM »
See here Chrono
One of my friend's friends has gone missing.
She's a young latina in her 20s and there's no trace of her. No credit card activities, no cell records, no sightings, nothing.
She's been gone over a month, but everyday I keep seeing my friend's facebook page with more posts about vigils and searches and all that.
For the first couple of days I was hoping they'd find her. But now it sorta feels like they're just looking for a body.  :-\
Holy crap, that's horrible. Wow.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #163 on: June 01, 2015, 09:08:58 PM »
I think it was about two years ago when I posted here that my wife wanted to buy some $400 DVD set that was clearly from a scammer.  I ended up giving in and bought it for her.  She watched that shit once and I never saw it again.

Now she is all over this shit about taking "online courses" to become a "spiritual consultant."  I have to put that in quotes because it's yet another scam.  The kicker?  It's from the same fucking people who made the DVDs.  Can't budge on this one.  This "course" costs six thousand dollars.  Listening to her pitch this is like listening to a scammer-- "I'll make the money right back!  I'll get tons of clients!"  I asked her to show me the school's website.  Naturally, there isn't one.  Just a link to the e-commerce site that produces all this crap.  She gives me info on the guy running this.  His Facebook page says he worked at Sony.  The link to "Sony" goes to a Facebook page that nobody has ever visited or updated.   :lol ::)

She kept asking me for weeks if she could use six grand from our savings account.  Nope.  Not budging.  She finally gave up and tried to ask her parents instead.  I was a bit worried about them giving in, but fortunately her mom has been in contact with me and isn't giving her anything.  Freaked out a bit today when I came home and was shown an Email confirming that she signed up for the course.  This was in Japanese and listed what appeared to be a receipt, but fortunately this was just directions saying where to direct deposit the money.  Yeah, that's not shady or anything.  Contacted her mom, who told me that she hadn't and wasn't giving her any money, and asked me to make sure she doesn't try to get a loan or something.

So now my wife is acting super-depressed about this.  But to be honest, I think this is actually a good thing-- I think it may have finally hit her that either A) this is a scam and she fell for it or B) reality has kicked in and she realizes that she isn't getting that money, and is getting over it in her own way.  Am hoping this shit blows over by tomorrow or the next day.  Meanwhile, I did my part and have stayed super-positive and carefully chosen what I've been saying.  Am not saying "no" to anything, but simply that we all care about her well-being.

Is this depression?  Could be.  This all came up when she started looking around for a new job and didn't get anything. 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 09:17:09 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #164 on: June 01, 2015, 11:43:57 PM »
What kind of work is she trying to get into? I assume counseling but the spiritual angle is a bit unknown for me. Could show her pamphlets for places to volunteer with clients/qualifications that fit her needs.

Kara

« Reply #165 on: June 02, 2015, 12:16:47 AM »
I changed my schedule around so I could work 9-5 3 days a week. This is the first day (which was supposed to be a 9 to 5er) and it's 21:30 and another 2 hours of work at least.

Why do I exist. :stahp

END ME.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #166 on: June 02, 2015, 12:38:46 AM »
My most recent struggle...family shit. My grandma died a few years ago. Before she died she wrote a will, and was quite adamant that it be followed. For example my oldest male cousin received her house (which is in Detroit). I received an old Cadillac - like, late 70s old. One of my brothers received a 2000s Cadillac. My car needed a lot of work so it was worked on by a mechanic for awhile, who then put it in storage. My brother's car stayed in my grandma's garage.

I love my cousin, he introduced me to rap music, Street Fighter II and a host of other shit. But he's a dumbass. Late 30s, has only worked odd jobs that he can barely keep, is rather lazy, etc. Everyone knows this stuff, but my grandma always looked out for him; he lived with my grandparents for the final years of their lives, and overall looked after them although he fucked that up a few times. Anyway my grandma's house was paid off, all that remained was yearly taxes. I don't remember the exact tax number but it wasn't large, like <$3000 iirc. Well needless to say my cousin didn't pay a dime on the taxes after my grandma died. The house fell into disrepair, the lawn wasn't being cut, it just looked terrible. At one point he moved out, and would come by randomly to stay for a week or so.

On one such week when he was staying at the house he got into a fight with his girlfriend, who then proceeded to...start a fire in anger. The fire burned down the garage...where my brother's Cadillac was stored. After that my cousin moved out the house and didn't return.

So now the house is slowly being ripped apart. The block it's on used to be pretty nice, but has looked like Baghdad for the last 15 years. For whatever reason nothing has been shut off in the house, so neighbors are siphoning electricity and other shit from the house. Meanwhile copper pipes and other shit is disappearing daily. During all this madness some dude apparently has put the house on sale, claiming his grandmother gave it to him when she died. This guy isn't related to me, mind you. Obviously the tax issue means that the city will own the house soonish, but this dude is trying to sell.

Now to me, this is just a sad story that ultimately I can move on from. The city will take over the house and I'd imagine the block will be cleaned up and gentrified in 5-10 years. However my mom is obsessed with this. She is constantly going down to Detroit to look at the house, she has talked to the guy who is trying to sell it, etc. She's taken my dad down there too, as well as her brother (my uncle). She wants to go into the house. I have begged her to stop going down there, to let this shit go. As I mentioned earlier, the block is literally Baghdad, circa 2003. Who knows who is squatting in the house. My dad has demanded she not go into the house as well. Yet every other weekend she goes down there. It's only a matter of time before she walks in there, and I have a bad feeling about what could happen.

It's the house she grew up in as a child, I get it. But that time is gone. My grandparents have been dead for awhile, it's time to move on. Nothing good will come of going down there, yet I can't convince her to just walk the fuck away. To be perfectly honest I've contemplated just burning the place down. I won't do it, but I could easily get away with it. I'd rather have it burned down than have her walk in there alone and something bad happen to her.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #167 on: June 02, 2015, 12:53:40 AM »
honestly the part I'd be most pissed about is that some dickcheese is trying to make money off this house that he doesn't own. wtf is that?

also you have a classic caddy that you don't drive around because...?
pcp

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #168 on: June 02, 2015, 01:05:58 AM »
It's a long story. It's in storage, and the mechanic who "fixed" it has decided it should be his. This isn't something that I'm going to fight over. I've spoken with him, he knew my grandmother very well but the dude is a dick. There are other reasons I'm not pressing the situation, which I won't go into.

Personally I'm not concerned about the guy trying to sell the house simply because starting the selling process is just going to make the city seize it faster than they normally would. That guy isn't going to win, he has no paperwork, etc.

Kara

« Reply #169 on: June 02, 2015, 03:20:22 AM »
Christ I just got home.

Fuck working with other people, they're nothing but :trash who let you down.

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #170 on: June 02, 2015, 03:59:57 AM »

Hyoushi, I'm sure you're sad right now, but you're a cool dude and will get past this. If you need a bright side, at least she figured this out before marriage and kids.

OTOH, and sorry in advance for the Real Talk, most relationships even approaching the 10 year mark require the M-word commitment. It may have been either one of you which wasn't ready for that, but it sounds like she decided move on. If this makes you re-evaluate the relationship and realize you'd like to be with her FOREVER, cool. If not, a wash of relief is what you should be feeling, in addition to any dizziness.

Hehe. Well. Marriage isn't something that we were particularly interested in. But oh well. There are no hard feelings between us, it's just gonna take a while for me to get over it. Just a question of how long it will take. We've been together for most of our adult lives so I'm basically restarting from scratch, heh
地平線

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #171 on: June 02, 2015, 04:50:56 AM »
That's a good place to start.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #172 on: June 02, 2015, 12:36:16 PM »
Damn, Wrath, that's some shit.

I have a hernia  :-\

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #173 on: June 02, 2015, 02:27:39 PM »
What kind of work is she trying to get into? I assume counseling but the spiritual angle is a bit unknown for me. Could show her pamphlets for places to volunteer with clients/qualifications that fit her needs.

Nope, has nothing to do with it.  She's looking for a job doing data entry.  The spiritual consulting crap seems to come up when she's feeling bummed about work.  She hates her co-workers and wants a new job closer to home.  That's fine except this is never-ending and she ends up hating her co-workers at pretty much every job she gets.  In some cases it is absolutely justified, though.  My parents and I think a big part of the problem is her grasp of the English language/lack of confidence in her English ability.  She's gotten much, much better though.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #174 on: June 02, 2015, 02:33:17 PM »
It's a long story. It's in storage, and the mechanic who "fixed" it has decided it should be his. This isn't something that I'm going to fight over. I've spoken with him, he knew my grandmother very well but the dude is a dick. There are other reasons I'm not pressing the situation, which I won't go into.

Personally I'm not concerned about the guy trying to sell the house simply because starting the selling process is just going to make the city seize it faster than they normally would. That guy isn't going to win, he has no paperwork, etc.

This is confusing.  You don't want to press charges against a guy who essentially stole the car your grandmother left you?

Did your cousin's ex get charged for arson?

ど助平

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #175 on: June 02, 2015, 03:44:09 PM »
I really, really miss women.

WELCOME TO MY WORLD  :ufup

How can you miss what you've never had  ???

Kara

« Reply #176 on: June 02, 2015, 04:01:56 PM »
Breh one day I will escape the intellectual seventh level of hell commonly known as the U.S. and we're going to road trip Europe on single gear bikes. :bolo

Tasty

« Reply #177 on: June 02, 2015, 04:05:34 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #178 on: June 02, 2015, 04:13:39 PM »
Breh one day I will escape the intellectual seventh level of hell commonly known as the U.S. and we're going to road trip Europe on single gear bikes. :bolo

Can I come? Will there be good dope? decent booze?

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #179 on: June 02, 2015, 04:31:50 PM »
Broke my iPhone 5c. Not eligible for upgrade, too poor to replace it. Ughhhhhhhhh