Author Topic: Shenmue III OT - I CAN believe that it's bad!  (Read 152066 times)

Himu

Re: Shenmue III OT - I still can't believe this is real!
« Reply #900 on: July 02, 2019, 12:15:39 PM »
Using Shenmue HD games as an example also doesn't work because they're 20 years old. Most gamers don't expect anything from something 20 years old. Also using Yakuza as a counter example doesn't work because unless you've been living under a rock, Yakuza games in America UNTIL RECENTLY had to be BEGGED to be released. Once again proving that today's gaming landscape is extremely fertile for niche products having surprise successes. And their popularity blew up even more on.....wow, it's that word I keep repeating...Steam.

Either way, I don't really care anymore. They've decided to go and fuck it up. I will be playing and hopefully enjoying III for what it is now that Deep Silver and Epic have decided to go and piss in everyone's tea.
IYKYK

Coffee Dog

« Reply #901 on: July 02, 2019, 12:21:56 PM »
Games like Life Is Strange and Animal Crossing are hardly niche; Animal Crossing is a massively successful multimillion selling market leader interior design game and Life Is Strange is a critically successful drama that made way more money than anyone writing the sub-Degrassi high script deserves because the market constantly craves for an influx of barely interactive "narrative games". These games have massive commercially viable hooks and have massive playerbases because of it.

Sell Life Is Strange to me ten years ago. That game would NOT be selling what it is now and that's a fact. Life Is Strange is definitely niche. It's a boring game - on purpose. Shenmue is also a boring game - on purpose. Ten years ago, boring games that involve the daily lives of teenagers were not a thing and adventure games backed by companies like Square Enix were, for all intents and purposes, dead.

Animal Crossing had an audience before, but New Leaf took it to a whole new level. It is definitely niche. Just because it's successful does not mean it's not niche. It has just managed to fit into that niche comfortably.

Either way, you ignored my other multiple examples.

Ys was a a total bomb before heading to Steam. I bought Ys III for psp and it was a complete bomb. Putting it on Steam invigorated the games sales. Now they're up to like, Ys IX? And a big part of that is Steam.

Valkyria Chronicles sold GANGBUSTERS when the game was released on Steam when it did only modest before. It's a strategy rpg. Strategy rpgs are niche.

A big part of the reason the Japanese games are so successful now is because of Steam. It has expanded their audience ten fold and has done extremely well for niche games.

Then there's games like Stardew Valley. A game like Stardew Valley/Harvest Moon is niche and that game has sold enough it could afford its own island by now.

I dont really know what the purpose to your labelling of "niche" is if there is a multimillion audience ravenously waiting to devour product. Candy Crush is niche by that definition to the point of rendering the term useless. I'm talking about products that are commercially less viable due to their lack of appeal.

Shenmue is a game whose every feature is at a glance done better in just about AAA game on the market. Where can I get better melee combat? Where can I get a breathtaking open world? Where can I get a plot that isnt just talking to ugly elderly chinese villagers? How about any other game out there?

You say that Shenmue is designed to be boring as fuck but throw life is strange in the same sentence like...life is strange is literally a game about teenagers getting in shouting matches at each other/authority figures and constant drama. Every episode ends on giant dramatic setpieces where characters freak out and big decisions have to be made! Its not a game where you just go to class every day doing boring bullshit. Just like papers please, a game where youre constantly making stressful decision while a timer ticks down judging your performance, or valhalla where every day youre given a cast of characters with unique stories, not just doing the mundanity of bartending. Not a single one of the games you listed is anywhere near as weird and niche as shenmue, theyre all stock standard VNs, RPGs, etc. Commercially successful genres that generally appeal to millions.

Shenmue's about chopping wood!

Himu

« Reply #902 on: July 02, 2019, 12:31:33 PM »
Puzzle games are extremely popular and definitely not a niche genre. Tetris is one of the best selling games of all time.

Adventure games have been niche for generations, what Life Is Strange basically constitutes.

Shenmue can market itself as a smaller open-world. More people are hesitant to big, sprawling open worlds with checklists of things to do. Shenmue's bread and butter is a more intimate open-world. You can sell that to people.

And Shenmue is more than about chopping wood. It's a kung fu simulator. There are zero games besides Shenmue that have you feel like you're actually building up to becoming a true kung fu master. Oh, they'll do it in one game. Shenmue? Multiple. Shenmue is an epic. It is about more than chopping wood.

life is strange is literally a game about teenagers getting in shouting matches at each other/authority figures and constant drama.

Yes, a game that goes into the lives of people is usually considered boring. It's not an action-game. It's not a zombie fest. It doesn't use a big license. Your sentence here also betrays yourself. Shenmue is about a boy on a quest for revenge to become a kung fu master to defeat his fathers killer. Which sounds more boring? Teenage shout matches or the epic kung fu story? Did you not just say that story-oriented games sell well now? :thinking Does Shenmue not fall into this category then? Shenmue II has far more action and adventure than Life Is Strange. Have you actually ever played Shenmue II? On the surface, Life is Strange is FAR more boring than Shenmue.

If you haven't noticed, most games are action games. It's why something like Phoenix Wright would be considered a boring game. It's a game that has zero action. It's about clicking on shit and providing evidence and talking to people. It's basically a point and click adventure game tied with a VN. But it did well because it worked to its own strengths. It's definitely not mainstream. But it's not like it's a horrific failure either.

Not a single one of the games you listed is anywhere near as weird and niche as shenmue, theyre all stock standard VNs, RPGs, etc. Commercially successful genres that generally appeal to millions.

A game like V-a11-halla is definitely weird. Stop lying to yourself to take an opportunity to shit on Shenmue and try to understand my point. It's a weird game.

And definitely not stock.

And yet it has carved a niche for itself and is pretty successful.

I wasn't focused on genre until this post. You clearly do not understand the history of the games, franchises, and genres I'm talking about.

You have to really, really try to convince yourself, very hard, or be completely ignorant of the history of jrpgs and adventure games to say that Life Is Strange, Va11halla, Ys, and Valkyria Chrocniles are not niche products. Just like how Fire Emblem is a niche product that somehow found success. So niche it was on its death bed. Like I said: niche games and genres have a lot of options these days, more than ever before. Surely there's room for a kung fu simulator epic.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 01:01:13 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #904 on: July 02, 2019, 05:34:32 PM »
 Only took them 3 games to begin doing that.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #905 on: July 02, 2019, 08:21:58 PM »
Future Sho Nuff: Hello young Sho. I've come back to 2002 to tell you about Shenmue 3
Young Sho Nuff: OMG is it coming out next year
Future Sho: Actually it's going to ship like 17 years later
Young Sho: Oh my god no, I mean I'll wait, but won't I be married with kids by then?
Future Sho: LOL I wouldn't worry about that. I mean uh, maybe. Anyway it's going to be the Shenmu'iest and Ryo's getting out of the fucking cave
Young Sho: Hold on, will I have free choice of what digital marketplace it releases on?
Future Sho: Not really, but I thought you wanted Ryo to get out of that cave
Young Sho: FUCK YOU, GO BACK TO THE FUTURE, I'M NO LONGER INTERESTED

Himu

« Reply #906 on: July 02, 2019, 08:32:07 PM »
Future Sho Nuff: Hello young Sho. I've come back to 2002 to tell you about Shenmue 3
Young Sho: Oh my god no, I mean I'll wait, but won't I be married with kids by then?
Future Sho: LOL I wouldn't worry about that. I mean uh, maybe. Anyway it's going to be the Shenmu'iest and Ryo's getting out of the fucking cave
Young Sho: Hold on, will I have free choice of what digital marketplace it releases on?

most of the people who react like this aren't even shenmue fans. people think it was only shenmue fans who backed it when even tasty supported it on kickstarter and I know full on shenmue haters who have as well out of solidarity.

personally, while i'm mad about the fact i am not getting what i paid for for a full year, I'm getting the game on ps4 anyways so it's not the biggest of deals. thankfully I get it for steam eventually and won't have to buy a whole new copy and shit.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #907 on: July 02, 2019, 09:06:16 PM »

Baby Tasty: ...what the fuck is a "digital marketplace"? (And can I buy Pokemon cards there?)

Tasty

« Reply #908 on: July 02, 2019, 09:07:43 PM »
Yeah it's true I kicked in $100 and still haven't played a lick of the series, lmaaaaoooo

Hey Sho can I have your time machine? I could really use that money these days. :doge

Svejk

« Reply #909 on: July 02, 2019, 09:56:48 PM »
A shame this got pushed to November.  Def Stranding will take priority over this.   Waited 17 years, I can wait another month or two.  :yeshrug

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #910 on: July 03, 2019, 01:02:11 AM »
Yeah it's true I kicked in $100 and still haven't played a lick of the series, lmaaaaoooo

Hey Sho can I have your time machine? I could really use that money these days. :doge

Sho Nuff is saving his money for a joint visit to a whisky bar in Kyoto.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #911 on: July 03, 2019, 04:59:44 AM »

Great post. Ryo is getting out of that damn cave. :punch

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #912 on: July 03, 2019, 08:56:42 AM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #913 on: July 03, 2019, 09:25:43 AM »
buying ps4 and getting a steam key for the kickstarter version might be the way i go as well. mainly i just want all the extra tchotchkes i paid for ASAP

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #914 on: July 03, 2019, 09:02:24 PM »

Baby Tasty: ...what the fuck is a "digital marketplace"? (And can I buy Pokemon cards there?)
Only of Pokemon within the Galar region.

Tasty

« Reply #915 on: July 04, 2019, 03:25:42 AM »
Semi-ironically, Ruby and Sapphire would release that year, featuring the series' only true break in backwards comparability (even today) and restricting most Kanto Pokemon until FireRed/LeafGreen years later. :doge

Needless to say I wasn't a fan of those games either.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #916 on: July 19, 2019, 06:43:31 AM »
Pat and Woolie from Castle Super Beast (ex-Super Best Friends) touched on the latest Shenmue III PR trainwreck and it was pretty savage. "Nagoshi wanted to make a Shenmue-like one city block RPG in the crime world. And he did. 15 TIMES in the span of years that will separate Shenmue II and III."

:dead

And before Cindy knee drops my ass : Yakuza is not exactly Shenmue and I know a lot of fans are invested in the specific Shenmue story. But Yakuza scratches many of those Shenmue sweet spots for many a people. Also I only paraphrased that bit, that's not the whole of their discussion.

It's pretty sad how much good will they continue to squander even now (regardless of opinions on the Kickstarter's very intent, obviously I was already pretty sour from the word "go"). As always, some of the drama will be muted if the game turns out OK.
ὕβρις

Himu

« Reply #917 on: July 19, 2019, 10:33:19 AM »
I just want the game to come out. Don’t care anymore. What a shitshow.
IYKYK

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #918 on: July 19, 2019, 12:27:21 PM »
Knickerbockers with a gaming podcast I had to Google trying to come at Yu Suzuki-dono. :comeon

Himu

« Reply #919 on: July 19, 2019, 12:51:51 PM »
At this point, I view this game very low.

It was originally a kickstarter game and so far is dishonoring everything the kickstarter set out to do.

I gave over 100 dollars specifically for the pc demo for instance, and no pc demo announcement yet and the game comes out in months. It's ridiculous.

Game is a massive mine field of fuckery and I can't wait for it to all end.
IYKYK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #920 on: July 19, 2019, 01:52:14 PM »
I think it's sadly not too much of a surprise. There was an inherent tension IMHO between running a Kickstarter yet also securing beforehand a retailing deal (including physical copies). The latter implies a different scope for development. We'll have to wait a possible post mortem but I'm still of the mind it was too complex of a game to rely on crowdfunding alone, especially for an outfit like YSnet.
ὕβρις

Himu

« Reply #921 on: July 19, 2019, 01:55:52 PM »
Games like Bloodstained did fine and honored their backers. Backers for other games get dlc. I've shelled out 200 + for this game and will still have to buy dlc. I will, but it's still preposterous. Incompetence is rife among YS Net and the entire projects handling of this matter.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #922 on: July 19, 2019, 02:33:50 PM »
Creative types tend to be worse at managing timelines and business needs, news at 11

Himu

« Reply #923 on: July 19, 2019, 03:08:47 PM »
I'm a creative type and still think this is stupid.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #924 on: July 19, 2019, 03:24:27 PM »
I have low expectations of Kickstarters, and some would call me an idiot for not letting that deter me from proactively funding projects that interest me. (Like, in the slightest. When I evaluate a KS today it's the same as if I was evaluating one in 2011.)

From my viewpoint I give this game's KS overall a 5/10, dependent on the final game merely being finished and not buggy to the point of unplayability.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #925 on: July 19, 2019, 03:41:25 PM »
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/yu-suzuki-says-shenmue-iii-will-get-us-40-percent-through-ryos-story

Yu Suzuki Says Shenmue 3 Will Get Us 40 Percent Through Ryo's Story

:goty
ὕβρις

Himu

« Reply #926 on: July 19, 2019, 04:17:02 PM »
40% :lol

If Suzuki has any sense he’d try to end it with 4. Dude is off his rocker.
IYKYK

Kara

« Reply #927 on: July 19, 2019, 05:10:38 PM »
Yu da god trolling all of us :bow2 :bow2 :bow2

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #928 on: July 19, 2019, 06:35:23 PM »
Who cares about the ending itself? I'm cool with just getting some more Shenmue.

Kara

« Reply #929 on: July 19, 2019, 07:32:36 PM »
Ryo could walk out that fucking cave and fall into another one and I'd be fine. It's about having realistic goals in life. :hmph

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #930 on: July 19, 2019, 08:01:33 PM »
Ryo could walk out that fucking cave and fall into another one and I'd be fine. It's about having realistic goals in life. :hmph
I just want to explore some cool Chinese village, drink tea, play videogames within a videogame and... learn martial arts moves from homeless people.
Don't care much about dunking on Lan Di, at this point.

Especially after the appalling Shenmue Online cgi trailer, with hadokens and shit.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #931 on: July 26, 2019, 10:09:39 AM »
Finally showing off backer rewards, probably in a bid to stop refunds

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2574575

Akala

• Easy Victor
Re: Shenmue E3 thread of disappointment
« Reply #932 on: July 26, 2019, 10:21:00 AM »
:umad at Shenmue fans who think anything is going to happen

Svejk

« Reply #933 on: July 26, 2019, 11:48:16 AM »

Those backer faces on those game boards...  :snoop
If this becomes a KS trend, I will never back a game again.  Fuck them and their ugly mugs.  GET OUT OF MY GAME.  :bolo

Himu

« Reply #934 on: July 26, 2019, 11:57:30 AM »
What's worse is you have some white dudes on boards in the fucking countryside of China.

Backer rewards look dope otherwise.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #935 on: July 26, 2019, 12:02:01 PM »
Now that I gave away my PS4 I think I'm just gonna get a refund on this. Don't want to support EGS and don't see the point in waiting a year for a Steam key when it'll be cheaper by far when it launches there.

paprikastaude

« Reply #936 on: July 26, 2019, 02:47:06 PM »
kickstarter faces in games are aids. always.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #937 on: July 26, 2019, 03:53:14 PM »
kickstarter faces in games are aids. always.
If you're playing on PC you'll probably be able to turn them into Kramer or whatever shortly after release.
Hi

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #938 on: July 26, 2019, 06:33:52 PM »

Those backer faces on those game boards...  :snoop
If this becomes a KS trend, I will never back a game again.  Fuck them and their ugly mugs.  GET OUT OF MY GAME.  :bolo

Kickstarter backed Pit Fighter 2020 is gonna be rad.
ὕβρις

Svejk

« Reply #939 on: July 26, 2019, 11:00:45 PM »
If you can punch or kick their faces as the crowd, then that's fine.

Tasty

« Reply #941 on: August 21, 2019, 09:17:21 AM »

Graphics actually not looking too rough anymore. :leon

NekoFever

« Reply #942 on: August 21, 2019, 09:33:25 AM »
Great trailer. I'm really feeling it now. It looks like Shenmue.

Himu

« Reply #943 on: August 21, 2019, 12:53:43 PM »
Ren :rejoice
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #944 on: September 06, 2019, 10:09:41 AM »
https://limitedrungames.com/collections/neo-frontpage/products/shenmue-iii-collectors-edition

This item has not been released. It will be available on Monday, September 9th, 2019 at 12 PM Eastern Time.

Shenmue III on physical disc for the PlayStation 4. This Collector's Edition is limited to just 5,000 copies produced. Region Free.

The Shenmue III Collector's Edition includes:

Shenmue III physical game for the PlayStation 4
    Premium foil stamped box
    Premium high-gloss individually numbered foil embossed slipcover
    Replica Phoenix/Dragon mirror
    Iron-on patches featuring designs from the Shenmue series
    Shoji door styled light box/desk lamp
    A set of Shenmue stickers
    Commemorative Sega Dreamcast case styled after the original Shenmue Dreamcast case
    Shenmue III Limited Run Games trading card

This item is expected to ship on or slightly before the game's official release date of November 19th, 2019. Please note that if you order anything alongside this item, nothing will ship until everything in your order is ready to ship.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #945 on: September 06, 2019, 10:24:05 AM »
refund info came out. 2 weeks to apply for one starting mid-sept, will take up to 3 months to get it. no more option to get a steam key/physical version in a year, only to change to ps4 or get a refund.

Himu

« Reply #946 on: September 06, 2019, 10:27:36 AM »
refund info came out. 2 weeks to apply for one starting mid-sept, will take up to 3 months to get it. no more option to get a steam key/physical version in a year, only to change to ps4 or get a refund.

WHAT

I want the steam version not a refund. Am I shit out of luck
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #947 on: September 06, 2019, 10:39:12 AM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #948 on: September 19, 2019, 11:02:20 PM »
Refund emails go out tomorrow, trial comes later this month. Refunds are via Paypal. If you already have a link to the survey you can request a refund now.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2611201

Also they are now saying Steam keys are a maybe? But also you might never get one so good luck. :neogaf

Please note the following revision concerning PC option availability.

In the previous Update On PC Version Rewards, the following option for the PC (Epic Games Store) version was announced:

"If selecting either the PC Physical or PC Digital version, an option to also receive a Steam key one year later will be available."

As negotiations with Valve are ongoing, we are not able to make a firm commitment at this point concerning the availability of the Steam keys.

Requests for Steam keys will be accepted through the survey, however, there is the possibility that Steam keys will ultimately not be distributed depending on negotiations with Valve. An announcement will be posted in the updates with the outcome of the negotiations.

We apologize for this revision to the previously stated PC option.

Himu

« Reply #949 on: September 19, 2019, 11:04:36 PM »
I’m done with Shenmue after III hopefully. I can’t take much more. Hate the fanbase now hate the creators.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #950 on: September 20, 2019, 04:30:23 AM »
Just got the email. Requested refund for the steam copy I gave them money for. Only have PS4 version backed now. Will not be buying extra copies of the game to support. I am no longer supporting Shenmue with my money unless trust has been rebuilt.
IYKYK

Coax

« Reply #951 on: September 20, 2019, 05:42:12 AM »
Negotiations with Valve? There's a plethora of low-effort games published on Steam that have been granted keys in the past yet here a fairly high profile game can't get keys produced? :wtf

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #952 on: September 20, 2019, 08:44:27 AM »
It's definitely not a question of whether they can get on Steam or not, there's barely any barrier of entry anymore. Could be they're trying to get some kind of concessions or special treatment out of Valve
dog

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #953 on: September 20, 2019, 10:47:50 AM »
Or they aren't going to Steam at all

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #954 on: September 20, 2019, 04:52:32 PM »
Or they aren't going to Steam at all

Cool, let's me pirate with no guilt.  :D

Coffee Dog

« Reply #955 on: September 20, 2019, 07:28:32 PM »
Pirate Shenmue 3 because it doesn't have cloud save brehs  :lol

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #956 on: September 22, 2019, 05:04:41 AM »
https://limitedrungames.com/collections/neo-frontpage/products/shenmue-iii-collectors-edition

(Image removed from quote.)

This item has not been released. It will be available on Monday, September 9th, 2019 at 12 PM Eastern Time.

Shenmue III on physical disc for the PlayStation 4. This Collector's Edition is limited to just 5,000 copies produced. Region Free.

The Shenmue III Collector's Edition includes:

Shenmue III physical game for the PlayStation 4
    Premium foil stamped box
    Premium high-gloss individually numbered foil embossed slipcover
    Replica Phoenix/Dragon mirror
    Iron-on patches featuring designs from the Shenmue series
    Shoji door styled light box/desk lamp
    A set of Shenmue stickers
    Commemorative Sega Dreamcast case styled after the original Shenmue Dreamcast case
    Shenmue III Limited Run Games trading card

This item is expected to ship on or slightly before the game's official release date of November 19th, 2019. Please note that if you order anything alongside this item, nothing will ship until everything in your order is ready to ship.
Not that i'd like any of that pointless crap, but having given 100$+ to the Kickstarter, for a regular ps4 copy, i do feel like a moron now, without even the preorder bonuses.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #957 on: September 22, 2019, 02:06:50 PM »
Not that i'd like any of that pointless crap, but having given 100$+ to the Kickstarter, for a regular ps4 copy, i do feel like a moron now, without even the preorder bonuses.

I rarely use Kickstarter or Indiegogo and the like- It generally never feels like it's worth it.  Only got burned from one project (lost like $15 so not too bad compared to some of the nightmares I've read about) and made the mistake of backing hardware 7-8 years ago- they delivered, but it took forever and was already on sale at shops when I got it. 

Even with companies I trust, like the GPD folks, I still wouldn't back anything because it seems like backers are the guinea pigs and either get the shittier units first and sellers get the improved models and/or shops get the units for sale before the backers do.
ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #958 on: September 22, 2019, 03:10:09 PM »
Pirate Shenmue 3 because it doesn't have butt save brehs  :lol

Who said anything about cloud saves? I'm talking if Shenmue skips Steam, they won't take my money.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #959 on: September 23, 2019, 08:34:36 AM »
Pirate Shenmue 3 because it doesn't have butt save brehs  :lol

Who said anything about cloud saves? I'm talking if Shenmue skips Steam, they won't take my money.

cloud saves are the only thing Steam offers that could affect your enjoyment of the game, and I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and assume that they are spitting in the eye of devs whose game they've been waiting on for decades over something that actually has an impact on the product, rather than brand loyalty to PC gaming's Wal-Mart.  :lol

Shenmue 1 and 2 didn't launch on Steam either, and they seemed to have turned out well enough. If the game doesn't deserve your money because of digital storefront politics your priorities seem to be more about jerking yourself off than playing the game you want. The fuck you gonna do, play all the nonexistent Shenmue alternatives on the market? That's why you all gave Suzuki your interest free loans in the first place.

Either you want the game or you don't, and "the kickstarter promised a different storefront" is woefully flimsy in a world where Shovel Knight is nearly 6 years old and still has yet to implement a stretch goal campaign and game mode, Tim Schaefer's adventure game got sliced in half, and god knows how much vaporware. Shit happens when you make games, "our publisher put the game on a different storefront" is not one that has a material impact on the quality of the product. It only impacts your feelings.