Author Topic: The Bore does what NeoGAF doesn't.  (Read 3259770 times)

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Re: The Bore does what NeoGAF doesn't.
« Reply #420 on: August 23, 2015, 05:53:43 PM »
That's basically the entirety of punk music. :lol

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #421 on: August 23, 2015, 05:56:14 PM »
All these posts about foo fighters  :ufup

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #422 on: August 23, 2015, 07:04:44 PM »
All these posts about foo fighters  :ufup

THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST...

(I like Learn to Fly and Breakout. Dave was decent in Nirvana. :yeshrug )

bluemax

« Reply #423 on: August 23, 2015, 07:08:01 PM »
That's basically the entirety of punk music. :lol

Truuuuue. Although I'd argue that Bad Religion probably has more musical skill and song variation than the Foo Fighters. But even they have been prone to recycling at times.
NO

« Reply #424 on: August 23, 2015, 08:10:12 PM »
i remember when the foo fighters released their first hit single and i'm not a dad so there. i'm not even married.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:-\
[close]

thisismyusername

« Reply #425 on: August 23, 2015, 08:35:21 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176300333&postcount=54

Seeing as I am not a teenage girl or a homosexual man, I haven't listened to their music, but fans shouldn't be too distraught

This is NeoGAF™.gif

"NeoGAF is a nexus of hardcore gamers, enthusiast press, and video game industry developers and publishers. This is a neutral ground where facts and evidence, presented within the confines of civil, inclusive discourse, prevail through careful moderation."

Not sure why you have to reinforce your sexuality, breh. Maybe Harry Styles gets you a little hot under the collar? :gurl

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #426 on: August 23, 2015, 08:58:27 PM »
Homosexual women don't like One Direction though? :hitler

TBH I need a crib sheet to follow the prejudices of confused het men who internalized all the latent homophobia of existence instead of dealing with their fluid sexuality. :letsfukk

e: Bad Religion have more traditional rock songs, yeah but even something like The Process of Belief has "Kyoto Now" which screams "I wish I was making punk in the 70s" or "Evangeline" which is about as paint-by-numbers pop punk as you're going to get.

:rock

« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 09:03:22 PM by Vularai »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #427 on: August 23, 2015, 09:04:19 PM »

TBH I need a crib sheet to follow the prejudices of confused het men who internalized all the latent homophobia of existence instead of dealing with their fluid sexuality. :letsfukk

Just make sure to use one phone for your Ashley Madison account and another one for your Grindr account.
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #428 on: August 23, 2015, 09:49:02 PM »
BOSTON (MyFoxBoston.com) –Two men have been arrested after allegedly threatening violence to attendees at the Pokemon World Championship in Boston.

A release  from the Boston Police Department says they were notified of the social media threats on Thursday and were able to stop the two suspects as they attempted to enter the event a few hours later. The men were not arrested at that time.

Detectives discovered that the two men had driven from Iowa with several guns in their vehicle that they did not have licenses for.

After obtaining a search warrant for the vehicle, police found a 12-gauge shotgun, an AR-15, several hundred rounds of ammunition and a hunting knife.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/29860467/2-men-arrested-with-several-guns-near-pokemon-world-championships

Andy, post if you're okay, dude.

I only went to the Symphonic Evolutions concert on Saturday and wasn't actually able to attend Worlds because my niece was in town. :( Timing just didn't work out unfortunately. New goal is to get enough championship points for them to fly me out to SF next year. :)

Though, with that said: You and your fanbase be crazy.

I'd say it's more that the NRA's fanbase is crazy.

Lock these fuckers up and throw away the key. I don't care whether they were gun nut dumbasses that just forgot their licenses or human slime intent on ripping life out of the world, lock em up. And if they do get out, make sure they can't ever carry legally ever again (not that it would necessarily stop them, but that's the only reason they were arrested this time.)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 09:53:40 PM by Tasty Meat »

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #429 on: August 23, 2015, 11:11:47 PM »
any show where you can't hang off the neck of the front man and scream in his face as you come crashing down into the stage monitor in a big pile of concussion and feedback squeals was probably shit, but you captured the whole thing on your phone anyway.

watching some multi-millionaire saunter out to get within touching distance of a few thousand adoring sycophants the other side of metal barriers and a dozen heavies in high vis doesn't make for a great connection.

thisismyusername

« Reply #430 on: August 23, 2015, 11:13:53 PM »

I'm sure there are a few, but I don't know of any.

And I don't know of any gay man that likes One Direction. And I know some flamers. :supergay

« Reply #431 on: August 24, 2015, 01:47:12 AM »
My 61 year old dad has become a huge Foo Fighters fan in the last few years... so yeah... whatever.
野球

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Yulwei

« Reply #433 on: August 24, 2015, 04:25:02 AM »

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #434 on: August 24, 2015, 04:53:08 AM »
I'd like Foo Fighters if Dave Grohl wasn't such an idiot.

« Reply #435 on: August 24, 2015, 08:03:25 AM »
BOSTON (MyFoxBoston.com) –Two men have been arrested after allegedly threatening violence to attendees at the Pokemon World Championship in Boston.

A release  from the Boston Police Department says they were notified of the social media threats on Thursday and were able to stop the two suspects as they attempted to enter the event a few hours later. The men were not arrested at that time.

Detectives discovered that the two men had driven from Iowa with several guns in their vehicle that they did not have licenses for.

After obtaining a search warrant for the vehicle, police found a 12-gauge shotgun, an AR-15, several hundred rounds of ammunition and a hunting knife.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/29860467/2-men-arrested-with-several-guns-near-pokemon-world-championships

I only went to the Symphonic Evolutions concert on Saturday and wasn't actually able to attend Worlds because my niece was in town. :( Timing just didn't work out unfortunately. New goal is to get enough championship points for them to fly me out to SF next year. :)

...Niece is in town...DOESN'T go to Pokemon show.  :heh

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #436 on: August 24, 2015, 08:24:46 AM »
I'd like Foo Fighters if Dave Grohl wasn't such an idiot.

...an AIDS denying idiot, no less.

Tasty

« Reply #437 on: August 24, 2015, 09:29:20 AM »

...Niece is in town...DOESN'T go to Pokemon show.  :heh

She's 6 so it would have been kinda boring for her. She loved the symphony and we spent all day Sunday playing Weeooo. There are much worse ways to spend a weekend.

« Reply #438 on: August 24, 2015, 09:54:23 AM »
Well yeah, there's torture.

Speaking of torture, GAF can't fathom crate training their dogs because they want their animals to be free spirits.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1101240

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #439 on: August 24, 2015, 10:08:07 AM »

e: Bad Religion have more traditional rock songs, yeah but even something like The Process of Belief has "Kyoto Now" which screams "I wish I was making punk in the 70s" or "Evangeline" which is about as paint-by-numbers pop punk as you're going to get.

:rock

Greg Graffin sang "21st Century Digital Boy" on the seminal 1990 album "Against the Grain" which decried the increasing use of technology and medication to escape reality.

Decades later he became notorious on punk rock websites for having a massive addiction to the internet and chatting up girls on fansites via webcam chats in the early 00's (Though he kicked it, eventually)

This has been a history lesson in #TheDualities

No Control still the GOAT

:lawd
[close]

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #440 on: August 24, 2015, 10:18:09 AM »

Speaking of torture, GAF can't fathom crate training their dogs because they want their animals to be free spirits.

"My dog ended up perfect without crates and it didn't have any issues like you're describing!"

This mindset
 :snoop
OH!

thisismyusername

« Reply #441 on: August 24, 2015, 10:26:15 AM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #442 on: August 24, 2015, 10:59:40 AM »

"My dog ended up perfect without crates and it didn't have any issues like you're describing!"

This mindset
 :snoop

Hey, it's the same one for handwaving any discussion on violent video games.
I plan on getting a dog and my impression was that crate training was a pretty useful and core technique that I will probably use. Seems pretty useful in managing moderately big dogs and ease up any possible transport, dinners or crowd control in your home. Also I have a cat and a dog crate could be useful when I need to make sure they are separated.
ὕβρις

« Reply #443 on: August 24, 2015, 11:09:29 AM »

I plan on getting a dog and my impression was that crate training was a pretty useful and core technique that I will probably use. Seems pretty useful in managing moderately big dogs and ease up any possible transport, dinners or crowd control in your home. Also I have a cat and a dog crate could be useful when I need to make sure they are separated.

It just seems like the people who are against crate training haven't done any research about owning a dog and just figure they can do it because everyone else does it. I bet many of the people who think it's cruel also subscribe to bullshit Cesar Milan alpha techniques that fuck up their dog psychologically.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #444 on: August 24, 2015, 11:14:17 AM »

Those discussions get old very quickly. Comes down to personal preference in the end if you would contribute to a young person seeing violent media, and what media that person enjoys in general.

There are nazi parents on Gaf that take the ESRB ratings very seriously and I feel bad for their kids.
OH!

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #445 on: August 24, 2015, 11:23:04 AM »

It just seems like the people who are against crate training haven't done any research about owning a dog and just figure they can do it because everyone else does it. I bet many of the people who think it's cruel also subscribe to bullshit Cesar Milan alpha techniques that fuck up their dog psychologically.

To be fair a lot of people don't crate train their dogs or even properly train them, like the ones (Fox terriers, shorthair) my family had when I was a kid. It can turn out fine (Our first dog was a lovely placid male)... and sometimes not (the second one was a possessive hyperactive bitch. In retrospect, it would have needed much more exercice and more consistent behavior at home). Also a crate can obviously be cruel if the dog is locked for very long periods and I think that's what most of those people see when the subject if brought on. May also be dependant on the lifestyle and the breed of the dog (Anglo-French dogs for hunting are kept in large numbers so in kennels, they're not really pets).

But yeah OP was perfectly clear that a dog should not be crated for excessive lengths or as a punishment. Pet threads on GAF are really weird for their belligerence, like when this guy said that indoor cats were a rarity in Europe. Found that to be a out of the blue almost dogmatic statement.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #447 on: August 24, 2015, 11:44:52 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1101276

Until Dawn gets a mixed review palate. Sony stanleys are now picking and choosing what outlets are "legit" to suit agendas. 

Not a feast but a Taco Bell $5 Buck Box™.

thisismyusername

« Reply #448 on: August 24, 2015, 12:02:06 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1101257

PD, are you agreeing with Smokey? :wtf I'm not sure I agree or disagree.

Kara

« Reply #449 on: August 24, 2015, 12:05:27 PM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=176363000

:expert in child development

Also a likely BNP member.

SmokyDave

« Reply #450 on: August 24, 2015, 12:14:23 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1101257

PD, are you agreeing with Smokey? :wtf I'm not sure I agree or disagree.
S'alright man, we'll have a get together and let you know what your opinion was.

Kara

« Reply #451 on: August 24, 2015, 12:27:22 PM »
Greg Graffin sang "21st Century Digital Boy" on the seminal 1990 album "Against the Grain" which decried the increasing use of technology and medication to escape reality.

Decades later he became notorious on punk rock websites for having a massive addiction to the internet and chatting up girls on fansites via webcam chats in the early 00's (Though he kicked it, eventually)

This has been a history lesson in #TheDualities

No Control still the GOAT

[close]

Greg Graffin taught courses at my university (in the hard sciences, not music) and now I can't help but think this was him taking his conversational addiction analog. :ohhh

Bonus tangent: I went to a fucking nerd university and when the school paper ran a story about the lead singer of Bad Religion teaching a science class they interviewed some of his students and a bunch of them had no idea who he was. :lol NERDS. :maf

« Reply #452 on: August 24, 2015, 01:00:17 PM »
not even first world problems

top tax bracket problems

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1101368

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #453 on: August 24, 2015, 01:25:27 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176389380&postcount=265

This guy have issues. Probably should have been crate trained.
ὕβρις

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #454 on: August 24, 2015, 01:40:09 PM »
Dogs are gross anyways  :yuck

« Reply #455 on: August 24, 2015, 01:53:14 PM »

studyguy

« Reply #456 on: August 24, 2015, 02:04:22 PM »
Dogs r gr8
pause

Kara

« Reply #457 on: August 24, 2015, 02:06:00 PM »
Adorable animals that I can play with but not have to take care of. :lawd

Jansen

« Reply #458 on: August 24, 2015, 02:55:54 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176390847&postcount=277

Quote from: Leondexter
I'm not the one telling literally everyone else how to treat their pets.  I have my opinions, but at no point did I say anyone should do as I say.  Also, I'm considering having you banned for that insult.

:lol :rofl :lol

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #459 on: August 24, 2015, 03:18:20 PM »
"I'll have you know sir, I've logged 30,000 hours in IRC chat rooms and some mods are very good friends of mine."

Kara

« Reply #460 on: August 24, 2015, 03:21:48 PM »
Behead those who insult irresponsible dog owners.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #461 on: August 24, 2015, 03:25:57 PM »
I'm the a-hole parent who won't let his kids get a dog. Even though I grew up with them in the house, I can't really bear the idea of leaving one at home for 9+ hours a day. It makes to me too sad.

studyguy

« Reply #462 on: August 24, 2015, 03:29:10 PM »
The worst kind of dog people are the ones that don't clean up properly after it.
My girl's dad just lives like he doesn't give a fuck. Just hair everywhere, smells completely like dog, fucking scust.
I've owned a couple dogs, small and large and I'd sooner not own a pet than live like a fucking bum.
pause

Kara

« Reply #463 on: August 24, 2015, 03:31:56 PM »
I'm the a-hole parent who won't let his kids get a dog. Even though I grew up with them in the house, I can't really bear the idea of leaving one at home for 9+ hours a day. It makes to me too sad.

I'm sure the local shelter could always use some dog walkers. :)

Note: volunteering in a shelter may make you a horrible cynic. Speaking for uh a friend.

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #464 on: August 24, 2015, 03:34:26 PM »

I'm sure the local shelter could always use some dog walkers. :)

Note: volunteering in a shelter may make you a horrible cynic. Speaking for uh a friend.

They'll probably make you be the guy who has to execute all the unwanted cats and dogs :goty

Cascade

« Reply #465 on: August 24, 2015, 03:47:55 PM »

:dead

Thank you for that, Prof. SmokyDave, PhD. in Islamist Extremism. The results of your careful policy study and well-thought conclusion on this pressing issue of our time has opened my eyes. Truly, all of those other experts disagreeing with your opinion have clearly not been to such a prestigious institution as the University of What the Man at the Pub Told Me, and I can therefore feel comfortable in ignoring them.

studyguy

« Reply #466 on: August 24, 2015, 03:48:05 PM »
My last two dogs came from shelters.
The one before this one came from a fucking litter that's prob all dead.  :-\
pause

« Reply #467 on: August 24, 2015, 04:19:29 PM »

Thank you for that, Prof. SmokyDave, PhD. in Islamist Extremism. The results of your careful policy study and well-thought conclusion on this pressing issue of our time has opened my eyes. Truly, all of those other experts disagreeing with your opinion have clearly not been to such a prestigious institution as the University of What the Man at the Pub Told Me, and I can therefore feel comfortable in ignoring them.

i love it when ether is well-written

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #468 on: August 24, 2015, 04:23:48 PM »
We crate-trained our dog.  It was needed since we lived in an apartment when we got her.  Then we moved on to leaving her in the bedroom.  Now that we own our home, she goes free since we don't have to worry about maintenance people, inspections, and all that crap.  No problems whatsoever.  The crate is still there if she wants to use it.

:idont

This dog doesn't get left home alone all day, though- my parents come and bring her to their house when we go to work.  We hire a dog walker when they can't come.
ど助平

« Reply #469 on: August 24, 2015, 04:46:24 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176412459&postcount=341

that's a lot of words for "mom"

can you imagine getting a shelter to take a dog and when they ask why you say "because my landlord is trying to put it in a CRATE"
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 04:50:52 PM by octopushover »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #470 on: August 24, 2015, 04:54:04 PM »
I don't even know what crate-training is, we always used the training method where you say "Bad dog, bad dog! Look what you did!" when they did something bad.

(We had a back room that we kept our dogs in at night and during the day when we were gone.)
©@©™

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #471 on: August 24, 2015, 05:25:46 PM »
Crate is such a shit euphemism for cages. If it's supposed to be a den, why not call it a den? Or better yet, a fort. Even humans love forts.

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #472 on: August 24, 2015, 05:29:11 PM »
cage sounds like a prison
its like at the zoo they call them pens/enclosures
its modern day PC bs to make things sound more humane
萌え~

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #473 on: August 24, 2015, 05:30:47 PM »
Doggie Fun Palace
©@©™

Kara

« Reply #474 on: August 24, 2015, 05:40:01 PM »
Doggie Fun Palace

I've never been to Venice, sorry.

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #475 on: August 24, 2015, 05:40:18 PM »

Link plz :rofl
Unzip

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #476 on: August 24, 2015, 06:22:33 PM »
this Drake-Serena thread is gold
so many overreactions
萌え~

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #477 on: August 24, 2015, 06:40:20 PM »
this Drake-Serena thread is gold
so many overreactions

on both sides
rub

zepblackstar

« Reply #478 on: August 24, 2015, 06:49:20 PM »
What am I missing with Serena going out with Drake to get such a reaction? ??? ??? ??? ???

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #479 on: August 24, 2015, 06:54:53 PM »
What am I missing with Serena going out with Drake to get such a reaction? ??? ??? ??? ???
secret racism™
萌え~