Author Topic: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE  (Read 316555 times)

bluemax

Re: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE
« Reply #1320 on: October 18, 2017, 11:08:24 PM »
Even if you assume below average salaries of say $60k a year that's a whole shit load more than $12-$16 million before you even account for taxes.
NO

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1321 on: October 19, 2017, 02:06:55 AM »
The budget for Wing Commander IV was $12 million. 20 years ago. And that had a 14 month dev cycle from III.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest they might be spending more than that a year now.

Just had a brilliant idea, they can hire all of Visceral's former employees!

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1322 on: October 19, 2017, 04:40:38 AM »
Clive Johnson CIG@cjohnson October 14th at 02:35 pm

To give you an update on the specific technologies you asked about :
Server meshing - not started yet. Our plan was always to make the single-server experience better and more optimized first.
Server meshing is going to build on the technologies we're creating for single servers, so these all need to be in place before we can start.
Also it is going to be challenging and complex work that will need the focus of the whole network programming team, so once we start work on it we don't want to be fighting a war on two fronts.
ὕβρις

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1323 on: October 19, 2017, 11:54:22 AM »
The budget for Wing Commander IV was $12 million. 20 years ago. And that had a 14 month dev cycle from III.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest they might be spending more than that a year now.

To be fair, a big chunk of that was probably spent on actors.
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #1324 on: October 19, 2017, 12:57:58 PM »
The cast for Squadron 42 includes Gary Oldman, Mark Hamill, Gillian Anderson, Mark Strong, John Rhys Davies, and Andy Serkis

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1325 on: October 19, 2017, 01:05:05 PM »
The cast for Squadron 42 includes Gary Oldman, Mark Hamill, Gillian Anderson, Mark Strong, John Rhys Davies, and Andy Serkis

How many ships jpegs is that?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1326 on: October 20, 2017, 07:28:22 AM »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #1328 on: October 20, 2017, 08:08:02 PM »
NOW WITH NEW VIDEOGAME TECHNOLOGY YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE THIS BATTLE AS NEVER BEFORE

___

benjipwns

« Reply #1329 on: October 20, 2017, 10:20:22 PM »
wow that technology is great, that matthew settle guy looks almost real

Raist

« Reply #1330 on: October 21, 2017, 02:32:54 AM »
Man 3.0 looks like it took a turn.

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #1331 on: October 22, 2017, 03:49:50 AM »
growth in traffic for the refund subreddit over the past year:

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1332 on: October 23, 2017, 05:59:01 PM »
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/922575879443767296

SHIPS SHIPS SHIP !
Please buy !

Hard to follow SC with the GAF fuckery but CitizenCon might be good.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1333 on: October 26, 2017, 07:06:00 AM »
CitizenCon tomorrow.

Here's the latest round of TheAgent fake news/rumor mill over at SA :

Things are falling apart and have been since the middle of last year. I've had six people ask me to go on record or reveal sources lately (I've declined). I'm sure they've talked to Bootcha and Beer and outside contractors and current/former employees and god knows who else.

I know you'd like to imagine that somehow, Chris and Sandi and Ben and Jared and Tony and Erin are really, really nice people, who care about the backers that gave them millions.

Here's the thing, and I'm trying not to be mean, just as real as possible: they don't give a gently caress about anything but money. The product that you'll get delivered in 3 weeks is an absolute travesty and that's going to be it. They'll continue the Live support for the game, promising additional content and increased player counts, but this is it; 3.0, in the state at which is arrives, is going to be Star Citizen. That's it.

When that happens, when the dreams are no longer just accessible in the mind but available to be played on the keyboard, that's when things are going to go into an absolute loving frenzy. Chris Roberts and everyone else in his little tower understand this. They 100% understand.

I'm sorry your dream space game is going to be an absolutely janky piece of poo poo with almost no content but what the players create for themselves. I really am. As a backer, I'd liked to have played a fun PC space game, too.

But this is it. This is what you're going to get. And it's just, it's just awful. It's really, really loving bad.

hello

all of these are god knows how credible

chris roberts is transitioning away from any game or art design to focus more on company matters
    someone close to chris (sean tracy??) will be handling all end stage design and art approvals
    expect 3.0 features in 2018 at the minimum
    sqlude is still scheduled for this year
    sqlude is working off a different engine branch than 2.6/3.0 (???)
    mocapped assets are undergoing redesigns (again)
    some mocapped characters have changed due to rewrites, causing dialogue to be re-recorded
    crawling/wall/fast attacking vanduul were too "problematic," will now stand and fire normally
    AI still broken (shooting through walls, instakilling the player, animations not firing correctly, spazzing out into the great beyond on death anim)
    netcode still broken
    updated design docs are forthcoming and will detail some "minor" changes to scope
    larger ships with full player crews will be hamstrung fighting against AI ships until problems are fixed
    larger battles are still not possible (2018/2019 minimum) and SC will focus more on smaller player driven skirmishes
    end year sales "barely put our nostrils above water"

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x666ggn

(Don't let the name of the video fool you)
(Might have to sit through an ad, it's worth it)
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1334 on: October 26, 2017, 07:09:08 AM »
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/923234350988251139

:what
"Concierge" is a status you gain by having some thousands in the game charity.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 08:29:46 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Corporal

« Reply #1335 on: October 26, 2017, 09:49:18 AM »
One of these days, I need to sit my ass down and read up on this.  I played around with the early betas but some time down the road more or less lost interest. I didn't exactly get my PS4's worth of entertainment out of my PS4's worth of dollars, but that was 50% expected and 50% too long ago to still matter.

Is there a convenient summary/timeline (beyond the obvious "step 1: idiots give Roberts money; step 2: more idiots give Roberts more money")?

I mean, this is the internet. Someone out there has to have a "CGI watch" blog or something. Even if it's only to chronicle their butthurt over lost gambling money.
!list

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1336 on: October 26, 2017, 09:08:15 PM »
One of these days, I need to sit my ass down and read up on this.  I played around with the early betas but some time down the road more or less lost interest. I didn't exactly get my PS4's worth of entertainment out of my PS4's worth of dollars, but that was 50% expected and 50% too long ago to still matter.

Is there a convenient summary/timeline (beyond the obvious "step 1: idiots give Roberts money; step 2: more idiots give Roberts more money")?

I mean, this is the internet. Someone out there has to have a "CGI watch" blog or something. Even if it's only to chronicle their butthurt over lost gambling money.

Not to my knowledge. I mean the development has been going for years; the marketing is a dump of several hundreds 30mn+ videos, noise, chatter and more widely all communications about the game are filled with contradictory statements (if you look hard enough, you'll probably find 2 to 3 different responses to any question at different point in times by Croberts or senior management); the official website has plenty of obsolete or ambiguous info; the production reports are longer than a day without bread; up until recently there was no real synthetic graphic tracker for development then they had a production schedule for the multiplayer next version then it was dropped in favor of a bug burnout graph...

The main info dump I use are the official reddit, the Something Awful mega thread, Frontier forums and french Canard PC but you'll have the same issue : it's too cluttered or it's massive thread(s) unreadable if you're not already familiar with the flow. The SA thread is the most complete but not always open to public reading and filled with well... Goon stuff.
Frontier is good too and can be parsed but the arguments have been going in circles for many months now.
Both SA and Frontier are not very kind to the development, however.
This very thread condenses some of those mentioned in a somewhat manageable and abridged form

There's also the Derek Smart blog but you know  :doge Walls of text, prose of dubious modesty and extreme bias.

The wikia has an up to date excel chart for the funding tracker (in the footnotes) which is very useful if you're interested in the raw numbers of the claimed funding. Rest of the Wikia is not very useful, it's a dump of lore and info for the bazillion ships.
The UK Companies House also have some fillings by the UK branches of CIG. As brief as legally allowed and difficult to understand without the full accounts (there's some corporate fuckery of money going back and forth from one companies to the next) but it's the most official and truthful peek you'll get into the finances.

There's an unofficial github tracking development, but Goons edit info on this so it might be biased.

Your best bet for a serious look into it is probably the following articles :
https://www.wired.com/2015/03/fans-dropped-77m-guys-buggy-half-built-game/
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/09/23/inside-the-troubled-development-of-star-citizen

The Kotaku piece was part of a larger series of articles released over a week, including a piece by a Swedish magazine contrasting Roberts & Smart to frame their feud.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 09:13:49 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1337 on: October 26, 2017, 09:40:45 PM »
Also, a base-building ship is on sale. 750$. Apparently sold well enough to rake in a million.
Base building gameplay added when ? :yeshrug

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/78xkq7/pioneer_presale_if_you_have_access/

Interesting things. The sale comes with some construction material and also with a UEE claim license.

I mean, it'll probably be expensive to get once in the PU, but after you have it, the only real significant recurring costs of using it will be the materials and claim licenses if you want to expand your initial settlement's acreage.

There could be property taxes. That would be a reoccurring cost.

:mindblown
youcandoanythingcomic.jpg

Honestly, based on the rate they are selling them, the amount they made available, and the imminent second wave of them I feel like they are "limited" only to take advantage of artificial scarcity to sell more of them.

I agree with the author of this post about the whole artificial scarcity argument.

You mean like every other jpeg sold in limited quantities since the beginning of development ?

ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #1338 on: October 26, 2017, 09:44:13 PM »
SPACE PROPERTY TAXES

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1339 on: October 26, 2017, 09:58:21 PM »
SPACE PROPERTY TAXES

SEIZE THE MEANS OF SPACE PRODUCTION
dog

« Reply #1340 on: October 26, 2017, 10:49:36 PM »
My god, people in that reddit thread are openly admitting to having spent thousands of real leafy greeny cashy spendy money on this game.

Corporal

« Reply #1341 on: October 27, 2017, 03:50:57 AM »
Dankeschön for the lengthy answer, VomKriege.

Drat. Sounds like this would be work.
Oh well. I'll take it slowly.

Not like this is going anywhere.  :doge

Edit - on a not quite related note: The neogaf corp got dissolved and moved onto an alt for safekeeping, apparently. Immediately got an invite to the follow-up corporation. The new home is... on risotto era. This has potential for some more drama. Tee hee.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 04:04:06 AM by Corporal »
!list

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1342 on: October 27, 2017, 08:12:30 AM »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1343 on: October 27, 2017, 08:25:50 AM »
In case people missed it due to Citcon excitement, today's Burndown summary:

- Crash/disconnect problems mentioned in Evocati confirmed, testers/devs have no idea why it's happening.
- Erin getting frustrated as to why fixes are taking so long.
- Something about networks, I honestly couldn't understand the guy's accent. Something about aiming to get the ping down so that the game reaches 30fps?
- They're still not sure what exactly the point of the evocati are ("We use them mainly for networking and performance" "don't we want them to give gameplay feedback?").
- More schedule shuffling.
- Bug with shops where the shops just don't work (no items appear), apparently they had this problem before; Erin: "Can't we just fix it like we did last time?".
- Bug with icons appearing huge.
-  Airlocks stopped working, again .
- Dev: "We're finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel" .

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2566#post477788213
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #1344 on: October 27, 2017, 08:32:20 AM »
Sandi Roberts actually kinda frightens me whenever I watch the presentations, I could see her going total asshole cop to Chris' utopia fantasy land, especially since she's doing the bookkeeping/management side of this operation. And IIRC, she did the same for their film production company so she's dealt with Hollywood assholes the UR ASSHOLE of modern media production. She'll crush these gaming people like little bugs.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 09:44:19 AM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #1345 on: October 27, 2017, 08:38:53 AM »
Like I'm imaging them doing a "new" schedule that's as absurd as the last one, only their funds are slowing as we've seen, and she just throws a chair through their stupid glass everywhere meeting rooms and declares "ALL RIGHT, HERE'S WHAT WE'RE DOING, AND IT'S NOT THIS BULLSHIT" and tears apart the schedule. And as she's storming out she asks some random dude "HOW LONG UNTIL THE GAS CLOUD?" and he's like "but I just do decals for the..." and she slams his head into his monitor. Then she calmly tells everyone that she expects to see a realistic schedule by Monday or EA closes another studio, whichever comes first and walks out.

/star citizen development fan fiction

Corporal

« Reply #1346 on: October 27, 2017, 09:12:30 AM »
Awwwww, that "can't we just fix it like we did last time?" part. How adorable.

It's kinda frightening that these kinds of questions still crop up, after so long.

Also, the airlocks not working this far in is straight-up poetry. Sure, it's not an unusual bug, but something about it just fits.

Can't wait to see this at release.
!list

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1347 on: October 27, 2017, 09:29:32 AM »
Erin is the brother of Chris. Game dev (some Lego games). Chris Roberts's wife is Sandi.

benjipwns retire bitch
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #1348 on: October 27, 2017, 09:45:37 AM »
i don't know what you're talking about, wait, i thought edit messages were hidden now

oh...i'm confusing the bore and neogaf again

benjipwns

« Reply #1349 on: October 27, 2017, 09:46:56 AM »
i humbly submit my retirement papers, as we all will before star citizen completes

Raist

« Reply #1350 on: October 27, 2017, 02:57:39 PM »
https://issuu.com/newbayeurope/docs/mcv928_27th_october
Star Citizen bit at p18

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

A true visionary. I wish other indie devs would follow this example. They could call it something like, I dunno, Initial Entry, or something.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1351 on: October 27, 2017, 03:48:50 PM »
Not following it but apparently the stream is lagging because they're downloading a build simultaneously.
:neogaf
ὕβρις

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #1352 on: October 27, 2017, 04:32:22 PM »
I checked my phone this morning and saw I had an update to one of my apps. I had used this app to track the hurricane as it was bearing down on Florida. It gave really good visualizations of wind patterns, flood warnings, etc. I was curious what the update could be for, so I started reading.

What is this bullshit?!  :maf
WDW

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1353 on: October 27, 2017, 05:03:31 PM »
So the movie they ripped off for this CitizenCon is... *drumroll* Blade Runner. Including namedropping Tyrell Building.

Goons seems to think the bullshots are better this time round.
ὕβρις

wsippel

« Reply #1354 on: October 28, 2017, 09:22:19 AM »
Really nice presentation. Didn't even watch it live, but there was so much hype in the Subreddit that I watched the recording instead of just reading the TLDR. Glad I did. CIG is really pushing the envelope with their procedural tech it seems. That designers can create functional populated buildings by simply selecting a tileset, a random seed, and specifying some basics like size and number of floors is super impressive. Great gameplay demo, too. Very few glitches, no major bugs, no crashes. Then again, they didn't do multiplayer or combat and there was very little interaction with the game world, but since the presentation was all about procedural cities, nobody really missed it. Always hard to tell how much of the demo was smoke and mirrors...

So the movie they ripped off for this CitizenCon is... *drumroll* Blade Runner. Including namedropping Tyrell Building.

Goons seems to think the bullshots are better this time round.

They didn't create this in a month, most of what they've shown predates the new Blade Runner movie. Maybe they fiddled with the post processing a bit to make it a little more similar, but that's almost certainly it. It's certainly inspired by the original though (and Aliens, and Star Wars). Always has been. So why not namedrop Blade Runner given the timing?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 10:06:18 AM by wsippel »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1355 on: October 28, 2017, 11:09:59 AM »
Was gonna post to say the backers seem delighted by the keynote which in the end is what matters to CIG. Reportedly Croberts said they will try to have at least an alpha iteration each quarter next year (so... Same promises than a year ago ?) but I haven't double checked that.

4 more years !
ὕβρις

wsippel

« Reply #1356 on: November 01, 2017, 09:31:25 PM »
Was gonna post to say the backers seem delighted by the keynote which in the end is what matters to CIG. Reportedly Croberts said they will try to have at least an alpha iteration each quarter next year (so... Same promises than a year ago ?) but I haven't double checked that.

4 more years !

They used a time based release schedule a while back, and it actually kinda worked. Then they started rewriting many of the basic systems, and that kind of schedule was no longer feasible. They couldn't release, say, a new ship even if it was finished as it wasn't designed for the old engine, and the updated engine was in heavy development and barely worked. That is supposedly the biggest change with 3.0: It replaces many old placeholder systems with what they actually intend to ship, even if it'll still be buggy and incomplete.

Aeptia

« Reply #1357 on: November 03, 2017, 04:38:01 AM »
I have close to no interest in this game. I've been following it loosely, pretty much looking into it every few months.

However, I feel they have bitten off more than they can chew. It's possible that they will run out of money before release.

I'm only interested in the simulation elements, because that tech can be used to create other projects. The biggest problem I have with Star Citizen is that it doesn't look like an interesting game is coming together. All of these systems are cool in theory, but the game itself has no draw other than being a technical achievement and unfortunately it looks to be the only pull it has.

Everything else is cookie cutter. It lacks personality.

Raist

« Reply #1358 on: November 03, 2017, 04:44:13 AM »
It's turning into Second Life in Space. With shiny HD graphics.

Corporal

« Reply #1359 on: November 03, 2017, 07:29:06 AM »
It's turning into Second Life in Space. With shiny HD graphics.
The longer they work on it, the more affordable those shiny HD graphics will be for the end user. So I guess that's a plus. :doge
!list

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1360 on: November 04, 2017, 07:35:51 AM »
Most of the missions for 3.0 are fully functional and any that require bugfixing and polish will be done in the remaining weeks. A few more missions are being worked on until mid-November, so there is enough time for thorough testing.

:lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7anqob/comment/dpbjmme

3.0 really will release at least a year late.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #1361 on: November 04, 2017, 07:41:44 AM »
Admiral, if we go "by the book" like Lieutenant Saavik, weeks could seem like months.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1362 on: November 04, 2017, 07:54:27 AM »
Sadly the guy who wrote a book about agile development and tried to unskew the CIG apparently was not seen again on the official reddit since he stopped doing it. Last prediction was a worst case scenario of a wide release by end October...

Guess the lesson here is that no amount of expertise will help when you have poor data.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1363 on: November 06, 2017, 08:31:18 AM »
https://twitter.com/RadioHorizon42/status/927476711905775616

I guess it's supposed to be the land claims discussed earlier.
ὕβρις

Corporal

« Reply #1364 on: November 06, 2017, 10:13:17 AM »
So, now that the ship well has run dry, we are getting pieces of land. After that, what is left? Virtual slaves? I wouldn't mind a village of desperate, nubile, ...errrrr... cough, I mean, skilled subcontractors. Who also happen to be supermodels.  :-*
!list

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1365 on: November 06, 2017, 11:07:26 AM »
Prisoners with jobs.
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1366 on: November 06, 2017, 12:12:22 PM »
So, now that the ship well has run dry, we are getting pieces of land. After that, what is left? Virtual slaves? I wouldn't mind a village of desperate, nubile, ...errrrr... cough, I mean, skilled subcontractors. Who also happen to be supermodels.  :-*

You are late : CIG already talked extensively of NPC you could hire for crewing ships.
ὕβρις

Corporal

« Reply #1367 on: November 06, 2017, 12:31:26 PM »
You are late : CIG already talked extensively of NPC you could hire for crewing ships.
I mean, could you preorder them like ships or lamps, or are you talking about henchmen you can hire to send your ships around and make some money on your behalf in the eventually finished game?

Because I think I remember some of the latter, now that you've mentioned it. Something about permadeath and families.

Seriously though, think about this. It's high time they ease up on the ship fans and grab the desperate lonely people by the gonads. Offer some clothing options for extra fees. There's big money to be made. Can't be too obvious, of course, but heck, if the clothing items can be switched around at will, the community will find a combination that offers maximum exposure.

Don't forget to cater to the more ... unique tastes as well. Alien slaves may be a novelty, but as long as it sells...
!list

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1368 on: November 06, 2017, 02:16:55 PM »
More "mundane" than that. The game is supposed to have a 9 to 1 NPC to human players. The economy is NPC driven. They supposed to have AI like Shenmue, Fallout and Shadow or Mordor but better. For the multicrew ships (some are quite large, I believe it goes to 30-50 men for the largest) you will supposedly be able to hire NPCs in lieu of manning all positions with humans to do all the shit (janitors, cargo handling, turret operator, you get the idea) while you do the good stuff (piloting, etc...). In theory it will be balanced by incurring wages for those NPC.

It's all a pipe dream for now. I don't believe they have multicrew in at the moment on any ship.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 06:30:35 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #1369 on: November 06, 2017, 03:02:08 PM »
You can bet that they'll have ingame currency up for purchase in one way or the other anyway. With the amount of people willing to throw money at this complete shitshow, they'd be silly not to.

Or stuff like "legendary mechanic lvl99 - only $199.99"

benjipwns

« Reply #1370 on: November 06, 2017, 03:03:17 PM »
i feel like i can see the schedule chart now: "NPC-Driven Economy, time: three weeks."

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1372 on: November 17, 2017, 09:22:46 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7df7aj/evolution_of_burndown/

Haven't followed it much lately but things more or less the same SNAFU.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1374 on: November 22, 2017, 09:30:47 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7eq0f4/i_drove_45_hours_each_way_to_get_a_beer_with_the/

I drove 4.5 hours each way to get a beer with the man. Worth it.

It was a black card pop-up party.

You buy a black card that is sold in very limited amounts on the store every now and then. It's around 35USD if i remember correctly. That will get you emails with the time and date. However it's not a secret and the date and place was public knowledge as it has been posted on this site multiple times. I believe everyone is welcome to show up at the meeting, they ask you to bring a friend in the emails.
You have to qualify as a Concierge level backer by having spent at least $1000 before you could even buy a card.

only religion where you can take a beer with your savior
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1375 on: November 23, 2017, 09:46:05 AM »
Something got released to next, slightly more open, round of testing. Apparently the three moons, some cargo mechanics.
I believe I read there won't be an holiday stream this year (sadly as the last one was hilarious) and they hope to push a stripped down update to the whole audience by December 20...

Something Jones 3.0 Live Blog

https://www.twitch.tv/theastropub

The buildings to the left and right of the flight path as he lands at Levski are 2d sprites - you can see them sliding around, they aren't attached to the ground. Shadows are baked on. It's quite obvious. e: if someone can grab this that'd be amazing, it's a live stream and I don't know what I'm doing.

So the seamless planetary landing is:
1: You fly to a waypoint in orbit
2: You fly down to the waypoint on the ground

It's a pre-determined flight path.

The travel between planetary bodies is pre-determined as well.

Performance-wise it is running like utter , it's really bad.

Mocap NPC at Levski, his hands clip through his body as he emotes, that's allegedly the problem with all of the SQ42 mocap

Single digit frames inside Levski base everywhere

BPM monitor on HUD and Mobiglass don't match

"This game is early access, if you aren't interested in early access it ain't for you"

11-14 fps in Levski pretty much consistently

Background music stuttering badly, .5s gaps of silence in the bg music

"50 players per server now, this has also decreased the fps"

Miles Eckhart NPC not working, wasn't able to interact, "there's really no point in going to Levski right now, you can't do missions right now"

PLAYER TWO HAS ENTERED!
Another player has arrived at Levski, let's see how this works. They arrange to meet at the 14fps statue...

Music is stuttering and skipping with a vengeance now

PLAYER 1 is waiting at the bar, PLAYER 2 is coming down the stairs now...

"Can I live with 15fps? No of course I can't live with 15fps"

PLAYER 3 on chat "It's just crashed on me, I'm gonna leave it there"

PLAYER 2 "It's so laggy it's hard to tell what the I'm looking at"

PLAYER 2 arrives at bar, PLAYER 1 can't see him
PLAYER 2 on voice chat "Scam! Get a refund!"

PLAYER 2 is trying to interact with Miles Eckhart, PLAYER 1 can see Eckhart interacting but can't see PLAYER 2

Aaaaaand PLAYER 1 exits the game

- end of live blog thanks for listening get a refund -

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2805
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1376 on: November 24, 2017, 07:10:46 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7f8ta1/procedural_planet_generation_in_star_citizen/

Remember, this is not representative of whatever the procedural planets will be like in Star Citizen 1.0 release version. These are procedural planets/moons in pre-alpha Star Citizen 3.0. Work in progress, pardon the dust.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1377 on: November 25, 2017, 04:07:58 AM »
When old choices snowball...

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7f9779/you_know_what_really_breaks_immersion_imo/

You know what really breaks immersion IMO? Irreversible, unrewindable, non-pausable entry+exit animations.

Can't even look around while doing it :/

That was really jarring when I first tried SC after coming from a game where camera control was only taken away during full on cutscenes.

I mean the camera is tied to the character model head. Unless they plan on giving you free movement of the whole head, it would be difficult, as that requires you to interrupt keyframes.

For example, getting out of a cockpit and turning around to climb down a ladder. It's not like you could just keep looking away from the ship, as your head would end up backwards. So, maybe forcing the view to change according to the body orientation, but within a realistic range of natural head movement. Just like real life basically.

I'd be stoked on that. And I cannot see any other solution within the unified camera view and character head/body design.

Same, i look outside the screen to avoid sickness due to these strange camera moves...

Your post seems to assume that the current animations look convincing. Look at what your guy does getting into a seat, then imagine getting into your car that way.

I cant wait to see you in a parking lot trying this - looking like a weirdo robot who gets into his car while his neck and eyes are laser-focused on a single point, then putting his hands on the wheel before even attempting to start the car.

Quote from: Known "enthusiast" Lethality
This is not going to change. Those transitions are what make the game work conceptually.
How would looking around while climbing a ladder break the conceptual workings of the game?

:lol
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 04:12:56 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1378 on: November 25, 2017, 04:14:52 AM »
 :snoop

Logic pretzels mang

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1379 on: November 25, 2017, 04:15:43 AM »
MUH IMMERSHION!!!!!
Hey mods--Can we make a rule about this fucking clearly derogatory taunting drrisive line & the stuttering vatriations thereof as bullying already?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7f9779/comment/dqa8mak

:crybaby
ὕβρις