Author Topic: It has been 4... 0 days since the last mass shooting official shooting thread  (Read 187464 times)

agrajag

poor guy.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
I'd like to see Alex Jones defenestrated over this.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Alex Jones isnt a Sandy Hook denier (according to him). He talked about it at length on the JRE. His claim is media organizations keep tying his name to Sandy Hook to get clicks when he wants nothing to do with it.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
每天生气

curly

• cultural maoist
Alex Jones isnt a Sandy Hook denier (according to him). He talked about it at length on the JRE. His claim is media organizations keep tying his name to Sandy Hook to get clicks when he wants nothing to do with it.

well I'm convinced

Mandark

• Icon

Why the fuck would you take Alex Jones at his word?

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/670/beware-the-jabberwock

At 3:33 "Sandy Hook is a synthetic, completely fake, with actors, in my view, manufactured. I couldn't believe it at first. I knew they had actors there, clearly. But I thought they killed some real kids. And it just shows how bold they are, that they clearly used actors."

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
ok but https://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2016/sep/01/hillary-clinton/hillary-clinton-correct-austins-alex-jones-said-no/
He recanted all the stuff he said afterwards and apologized apparently, he deserves all the criticism in the world and im not defending what he said, just mentioning he has a years old updated take.

well I'm convinced
Not trying to convince anyone.

Why the fuck would you take Alex Jones at his word?

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/670/beware-the-jabberwock

At 3:33 "Sandy Hook is a synthetic, completely fake, with actors, in my view, manufactured. I couldn't believe it at first. I knew they had actors there, clearly. But I thought they killed some real kids. And it just shows how bold they are, that they clearly used actors."
Why do you think I believe anything he says lmao, I listen to him cause he's a moron I can laugh at when I'm bored. I'll lay it out clearer, Alex Jones did try his usual bullshit with Sandy Hook, caught a bunch of shit and came off that galaxy brained dumbassery after he realized he wouldn't be able to slide his way out of this one. He's since come out and apologized and emphatically stated he doesn't believe any of these Sandy Hook conspiracies, his issue is that the media still keeps throwing his name in when Sandy Hook is mentioned and as much of a galaxy brain as he is, I agree it's disgusting that they keep doing this because they know his name added get's more clicks.

To be even more clear, not defending Jones, I'm criticizing the media for continuing to try to generate maximum clicks from this. 

Mandark

• Icon
okay so you're not defending him you just agree with what he says

which is that other people, not alex jones, should feel bad about exploiting sandy hook for traffic

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Why do you have to be this way, you can clearly read what I wrote  :doge

Mandark

• Icon
He's since come out and apologized and emphatically stated he doesn't believe any of these Sandy Hook conspiracies

also this seems like a wildly generous description of his behavior

iirc when he first pulled back on it (under threat of lawsuit or after a suit had been filed) he said the parents were being manipulated and invited them on his fucking show

Mandark

• Icon

yes dude look at the part where you wrote "I agree"

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

yes dude look at the part where you wrote "I agree"
Did you read 'he deserves all the criticism in the world and im not defending what he said'

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Let me illustrate my complaint via example -

A) Headlines I have no issue with - 'Sandy Hook denier Alex Jones goes on JRE to talk about Sandy Hook'
b) I have issue with - 'Victim of Sandy Hook's father dies, lets add Alex Jones into the headline, because'

A is about Alex and he deserves his flak. B should be a respectful report about the person in question, instead you throw in Jones' cause getting them clicks is your primary driver.

Mandark

• Icon
all due respect but you can't be this fucking dumb

Mandark

• Icon
notice that I prefaced that post with "all due respect" so nothing that follows could be insulting

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
He's since come out and apologized and emphatically stated he doesn't believe any of these Sandy Hook conspiracies

also this seems like a wildly generous description of his behavior

iirc when he first pulled back on it (under threat of lawsuit or after a suit had been filed) he said the parents were being manipulated and invited them on his fucking show
yeah i dont believe he stopped the Sandy Hook stuff cause of morals or whatever, I think he just stopped cause he couldnt take the heat.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
all due respect but you can't be this fucking dumb
You're a galaxy brain without any actual arguments and i'm going to stop wasting my time reading your posts, pm me if you want to continue this conversation like an adult.

Mandark

• Icon
yes you see how the rest of my post clearly contradicted my preface, and pointing to it was disingenuous?

do you understand how that's a thing?

Mandark

• Icon
Okay here's the case against Alex Jones

1) He was absolutely a Sandy truther and given his reach at the time was probably had a bigger audience than any other Sandy truther.

2) Similar to the shit with Comet Pizza, he didn't back off until it was clear there were going to be legal consequences. Even when he did back off, he tried to use that as an opportunity to drive more publicity and traffic towards his show by inviting them on. It was in no way an "apology" and he was still critical of the grieving parents.

3) Just in general he's an enormous attention whore. I think we can all agree on this. Given the degree to which he's motivated by "clicks" and media coverage in general, and the way he has used Sandy Hook in particular, it's just beyond hypocritical for him to cry when mainstream media outlets give him negative coverage.

4) Is it even fucking true that the media throws him into Sandy Hook stories where he's not relevant to get clicks? I'm gonna say no. Did a Google News search for the suicide victim's name and Jones turned up in one story: a Hartford Courant update on the lawsuit against Jones (where he failed to turn over evidence in a timely manner) which only mentions the man because he was one of the plaintiffs.

5) If we're going to say "oh no what about the parents" then I think it's fair to point out that several Sandy Hook parents have an active legal case against Alex Jones and they do not against mainstream media outlets. Unless you present me with something that indicates otherwise, I'm going to say the parents themselves feel that Jones "exploited" the situation much worse than the news media generally.

Given all this, when chronovore says he's angry at Alex Jones in the wake of one of the bereaved parents committing suicide, I think that's a fairly reasonable mental association.

Your response was to say that Alex Jones said he wasn't associated with Sandy Hook trutherism and complained that it was driven by a click-chasing news media. You completely left out that Jones was an explicitly Sandy Hook truther, that he only backed off cause of a lawsuit, that the media wasn't throwing him into unrelated headlines for clicks, or just generally that he was full of shit. You followed up by saying okay he's a jerk but you agree with this one particular criticism, except even that criticism is just a huge straw man. Then you're all baffledpikachu.jpg as to how anyone could possibly interpret this as even a partial defense of Jones. Dude! Come on!

Headlines from major news outlets
The father of a Sandy Hook victim dies from an apparent suicide - CNN

Jeremy Richman, father of Sandy Hook shooting victim Avielle Richman, found dead in suspected suicide - MSNBC

Father of Sandy Hook victim dies in apparent suicide - CBS News

Sandy Hook Victim’s Father Dies in Apparent Suicide in Newtown - New York Times

Father of Sandy Hook shooting victim found dead in apparent suicide, police say - Washington Post

Father Of Sandy Hook Victim Dies By Apparent Suicide At Newtown Community Center - Huffington Post

Father of Sandy Hook victim has killed himself, police say - Associated Press as carried by the Guardian
[close]
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 06:33:05 AM by Mandark »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
I typed out a thing but decided against posting it. I pmed it to you. I don't have much desire to debate this further but I thought I'd give you my last thoughts.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
There's no false-flag conspiracy that Alex Jones doesn't like. He only pulled back on Sandy Hook [and pizzagate] once actual consequences started to crop up.
dog

Nola

As someone that listened to that This American Life piece over the weekend, hearing Alex Jones apologetics and blame shifting is pretty fucking enraging

agrajag

stan for Alex Jones brehs.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

curly

• cultural maoist
Coward momo at it again

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
Any inconvenience Alex Jones receives for being associated with Sandy Hook trutherism is his own fault, and far less than he actually deserves
WDW

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
I'd like to see Alex Jones decapitated over this.
Hi

team filler

• filler
  • filler
conspiracy guy pushed a conspiracy  :shaking

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
Boy, deplatforming sure works. Never hear anything about Alex Jones anymore. Great job.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

wow, didn't even realize he was 34 already because it had been seventeen years

kinda surprised four of the justices actually want to hear his case

wonder if they ever found that white van that was behind all the shootings

shosta

CNN: Alex Jones says 'form of psychosis' made him believe events like Sandy Hook massacre were staged
每天生气

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
CNN: Alex Jones says 'form of psychosis' made him believe events like Sandy Hook massacre were staged

That's true.
©@©™

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
This week, Jones acknowledged the shooting was real...

That's really big of him to admit that he was wr-

...during a sworn deposition he made as part of a defamation case brought against him by Sandy Hook victims' families.

nvm

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/01/us/virginia-beach-shooting-saturday/index.html

Thoughts, prayers, and a hearty fuck you and die in a hail of bullets to anyone suggesting gun control
yar

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/01/us/virginia-beach-shooting-saturday/index.html

Thoughts, prayers, and a hearty fuck you and die in a hail of bullets to anyone suggesting gun control

Was going to post this one but since the thread wasn't on the first page I was too lazy to find it.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
Shooting in Gilroy, CA

:/

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
how mad do you have to be at garlic to do this? someone larping a vampire i bet

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Wario angry about people eating his favourite food.

"Have a rotten day!"

Boredfrom

Holy shit, my mother is in the Paso (vacations and shopping). I just called her and she said they were close to the Walmart where the shooting happened (but they decided not to enter). Fuckfuckfuck

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Holy shit, my mother is in the Paso (vacations and shopping). I just called her and she said they were close to the Walmart where the shooting happened (but they decided not to enter). Fuckfuckfuck

You got her on the phone, they're aware of the situation. It should be fine.
ὕβρις

Boredfrom

You got her on the phone, they're aware of the situation. It should be fine.

Thanks man. I m really fucking scared.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Authorities will only confirm much later for obvious reasons but it would seem the El Paso shooting is over.
- CCTV capture of a suspect entering the Walmart with an AK pattern rifle, ear and eye protections.
- Possibly a manifesto of the shooter on 8chan. Unconfirmed but mention the reference model of the "civilian" version of the AK sold in the US. Otherwise the manifesto is exactly the sort of  :brain shit you'd expect.
- One or three people in custody though it's unclear if it is confusion, accomplices or armed citizens who drew to defend themselves.
- Maybe 18 fatalities and up to 20 wounded, including 10 severely.
ὕβρις

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
It will be a white male 18-24 with some signs of mental illness.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
The manifesto, if real is certainly something.

- The Democrats and Republicans have both failed by handing the US to corporations  :derp
- The corporations allow for uncontrolled migration which means the hispanic voters will replace the boomer voters  :derp
- Also it will make the economic problems that arise from automation so much worse  :derp
- The attack is poorly prepared but a poorly prepared attack is better than no attack according to the shooter  :derp
- Shooter writes he's not a white supremacist and it has nothing to do with any presidential candidates (including Trump)  :derp
- Race mixing is bad and the US should be split in a confederacy with a state for each race  :derp

It sorta reads like a longform kirblar post
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 04:42:12 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
It will be a white male 18-24 with some signs of mental illness.

and not a terrorist

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
- The corporations allow for uncontrolled migration which means the hispanic voters will replace the boomer voters  :derp
Hi

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
If anyone wants a link to this shit shoot me a PM.

🤴

agrajag

https://twitter.com/outsider609

the shooter's twitter acct

VomKriege

• Do the moron
If anyone wants a link to this shit shoot me a PM.

:what are you really PMing manifestos

Ironically !
ὕβρις

agrajag

shosta

:-\
每天生气

shosta

每天生气

shosta

每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
It's strangely close to the platform of Andrew Yang, with a slice of InfoWars I suppose?
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
I can’t believe The Lorax was cited in a mass shooter’s manifesto. Zoomers might be the worst generation.
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
I can’t believe The Lorax was cited in a mass shooter’s manifesto. Zoomers might be the worst generation.
There's also the part he mentions COD and how it is better to target low security areas or 'low hanging fruit'.
🤴