Author Topic: It has been 4... 0 days since the last mass shooting official shooting thread  (Read 183931 times)

agrajag

It's strangely close to the platform of Andrew Yang, with a slice of InfoWars I suppose?

ah yes, the platform of Andrew Yang to... *checks notes* shoot at brown people with an AK47

Boredfrom

#HugsAndPrayers

That is a new one. Hollow words, Abbot.

Himu

https://twitter.com/RepKatiePorter/status/1157782369409126401

It’s interesting that many of the comments are “DO SOMETHING” when Gilroy is in California which has definitely  “done something” and has among the strictest gun laws in the country. Still didn’t stop the shooting from happening. “Not strict enough!” right?

Until disaffected young men with red  flags aren’t given care they need and the media stops advertising the shootings like an arcade score board these will continue to happen.

As for her argument it’s that common to be in shootings in America, is that really the case? Isn’t the reason we are always so shocked these things keep happening because they’re actually rare? I’m definitely not scared to go outside. This isn’t 1990’s Colombia.

America’s healthcare issue also ties into the shootings. Why seek therapy and a psychiatrist when they’re tied to healthcare? Unfortunately conservatives will continue to spout “mental health!” without actual healthcare overhaul.

Hypocrites, everyone.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 08:04:43 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Boredfrom

Protecting the US by shooting brown people that were shopping in Walmart. Fucking scumbag.

Himu

Another white supremacist goes after minorities in a public place.

Time to finally get that carry license.
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
As for her common it’s that common to be inns shooting in America, is that really the case? Isn’t the reason we are always so shocked these things keep happening because they’re actually rare? I’m definitely not scared to go outside. This isn’t 1990’s Colombia.
five minutes later

:doge

Himu

As for her common it’s that common to be inns shooting in America, is that really the case? Isn’t the reason we are always so shocked these things keep happening because they’re actually rare? I’m definitely not scared to go outside. This isn’t 1990’s Colombia.
five minutes later

:doge

Crime is down but white supremacist attacks are up.

I don’t really have the luxury to ignore white supremacists do their thing. American intelligence says that white domestic terrorism is currently the biggest obstacle to domestic safety. As a racial minority the least you can do is carry to shoot them dead in case you need to as a last resort.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 08:18:02 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
I'm with your statistical unlikelihood side on this one.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
https://twitter.com/outsider609

the shooter's twitter acct

It was suspended for violating TOS

I wanna read where it says perpetrating a mass shooting is against the Terms & Conditions

agrajag

https://twitter.com/outsider609

the shooter's twitter acct

It was suspended for violating TOS

I wanna read where it says perpetrating a mass shooting is against the Terms & Conditions

his last tweet was from 2017

Himu

I'm with your statistical unlikelihood side on this one.

Agree to disagree. When it comes to white supremacists I’m not taking any chances. Especially since I’m from the south. :yeshrug

You can say it’s statistically not likely to happen, but given history you’d be dumb to not take it seriously as a black person in America. That’s all I’ll say about that.
IYKYK

Boredfrom

Being sincere, I kind of want to learn how to use a gun after this even if, rationally, doesn’t help at all and didn’t even happen on my own nation.

Also, CNN just name dropped 8chan.

Boredfrom

The guy that saved some kids was saying something like that.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Being sincere, I kind of want to learn how to use a gun after this even if, rationally, doesn’t help at all and didn’t even happen on my own nation.

Statistically you're far more likely to kill yourself with it while sad than shooting a guy who was about to kill you

Boredfrom

Statistically you're far more likely to kill yourself with it while sad than shooting a guy who was about to kill you

And like I said, I know is not going to help at all. Is not a rational sentiment.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Guns sure are cool though

team filler

• filler
  • filler
guy spends his entire life in australia, suddenly he thinks he's jim jeffries  :goldberg
Guns sure are cool though

Boredfrom

Is funny because the shooter was a stupid and contradictory motherfucker without any grasp of societal and political reality, just like your politicians...

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
每天生气

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Boredfrom

https://mobile.twitter.com/shaunking/status/1157764108609118209

:snoop :snoop :snoop :snoop :snoop :snoop

Does he realize that the guy surrender himself  and cops want information from him? You know, getting information about the motives of a mass shooter, given the propensity of those scumbags of killing themselves before facing any legal repercussion. But nah... let’s superficially bitch about the police even when they are, for once, investigating this as domestic terrorism.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Nuitangg

Shit is all fucked up.

Bebpo

Yeah, it is  :(

samir

Murica, get your shit together.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Murica, get your shit together.

They did and it amalgamated into a being named Trump.
ὕβρις

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Nine people are dead after shooting incident in Dayton, Ohio, according to police. Dayton Police say the suspect in the incident also is dead. Sixteen additional people were injured in the incident.
每天生气

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
Nine people are dead after shooting incident in Dayton, Ohio, according to police. Dayton Police say the suspect in the incident also is dead. Sixteen additional people were injured in the incident.

Carper said multiple officers happened to be in the immediate vicinity when the shooting happened, which led to the incident being resolved in a very short period of time.

"For that, we are very fortunate,” Carper said.

Best case scenario here!
___

MMaRsu

• Administrator
terrorist attack my ass

Change your fucking gun laws morons

rip
What

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
guns are both cool and fascinating. i'd love to own a bunch of them and go out shooting whenever i want. went to a range as part of a tunnel complex in vietnam and got to fire off an m1 garand and ak47 and it was fun as hell. the argument that they're satanic devices and anyone who appreciates or enjoys them is a mass murderer in waiting doesn't help anyone.

but fucking hell, you shouldn't be able to just buy and walk around with those things. that's mental.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
Mass shootings are just an offshoot of the suicide epidemic.

A toxic soup created by: poor access to mental health care for people at-risk, poor gun control laws that give too many people access to guns and a nation that is too stubborn and normalized to violence to change it.

I don’t think just attacking one aspect changes our culture. You have to do all three.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
terrorist attack my ass

Change your fucking gun laws morons

rip

Can be both
ὕβρις

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Mass shootings are just an offshoot of the suicide epidemic.

A toxic soup created by: poor access to mental health care for people at-risk, poor gun control laws that give too many people access to guns and a nation that is too stubborn and normalized to violence to change it.

I don’t think just attacking one aspect changes our culture. You have to do all three.

ToxicAdam

I agree with Shaun King that this shit should be covered as terrorism in the media more often. Especially when the shooters have manifestos and are explicitly white nationalist.

It's really fucking wild that America is at a place where terrorists are going around the country killing people because of the president talking shit on Twitter.

There is a huge gulf of disparity between people being trained/fronted by a terrorist organization and a lonely, depressed  20 something that commits public suicide.

ToxicAdam

eh, I think you’re giving too much weight to a suicide note from a mentally ill person who’s brain hasn’t even fully developed yet.

If these dudes were affiliated with Proud Boys or some shit organization like that, then I’d totally agree with you. But they’re just wading through the same shit culture we are and trying to give their failure at living some kind of grandiose justification. Classic narcissism.

I think hate crime is a better descriptor.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Mandark

• Icon
You don't need to be part of a big organization to commit acts of terrorism. When these dudes have manifestos laying out political reasons for doing this shit, it's terrorism in the most literal definition. It doesn't have to be political, any ideological reasoning for mass shooting events makes it terrorism.

A big part of ISIL's strategy is spreading ideological material online to induce young men to "self-radicalize" and commit terror attacks under their own initiative. Omar Mateen for example.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Yeah you could use a lot of those arguments to disqualify many Daech endorsed attacks : that the perpetrators are young and somehow mentally unsound. That they had little to no contact with an organisation.

All those Breivik-types and a few others are shouting they're doing it on account of racist and nationalist motives. And it's not run of the mill racism, they are referencing racist myths that are very much specific to political far right organisations (the Great Replacement yadda yadda). The American dissonance on this is astounding.

Better mental health and better gun regulation ? Well, yeah, of course it is needed.
ὕβρις

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Two shootings with over 5 casualties each within 24 hours? Gold star on the calendar for you, America!
yar

Mandark

• Icon
Also think it's tough to paint this as a metastasis of the suicide issue the day after the El Paso shooter is taken alive after surrendering.

ToxicAdam

You think he went into that situation expecting to live? That’s part of why they do these things because they can’t pull the trigger on themselves.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
You think he went into that situation expecting to live? That’s part of why they do these things because they can’t pull the trigger on themselves.

He surrendered, he wasn't subdued.

FFS he was wearing safety glasses and hearing protection
___

Mandark

• Icon
The men who publicly murdered people at the Pittsburgh synagogue, the Poway synagogue, the black church in Charleston, the counter-rally at Charlottesville, and the Christchurch mosque (this one who the El Paso shooter apparently singles out as an inspiration) were all taken alive, so I don't think it's at all obvious he wanted to commit murder-suicide, much less that the suicide half of the equation was the real motivating force.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Why do you not want to label it as terrorism

Kinda just playing DA for TA here, but it doesn’t really matter what you label it, a pattern needs to be recognized and traced to its source and holistically fixed. Calling these white supremacist terrorist attacks doesn’t make them stop. And people tend to stop trying to treat you as human with factors that led you down that path once you’re labeled “terrorist”

Mandark

• Icon
I'd say the people who suffered from not being treated as human are the ones who got murdered for not being anglo, but reasonable people can disagree.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Nice zing, but I’m not trying to say the real victims are the murderers. I’m saying just walling them off from humanity as though they aren’t a symptom of our own demons by othering them will not allow us to face the reality of the situation. Unless we’re prepared to kill off all the white bois with maga hats, we need to figure out why this vision of hate is being bought by them. Maybe it’s naive, but I don’t think a human who isn’t in some kind of survival mode would buy into that kind of hate. 

Mandark

• Icon
Esch already posted a pretty plausible accounting of "root causes," but it sounds like you're looking for a narrative of personal, internal pain because you want to believe that this level of cruelty has to be the result of some really severe stressors.

Except we've got plenty of history in this country alone of astounding levels of violence that were justified along racial and ethnic lines, committed by many people and readily accepted by even more. Not seriously considering this isn't looking for answers, it's looking away from one.

Boredfrom

I agree that call them terrorist will not make them stop, but at this point is probably a better term than just murder-suicide. That El Paso scumbag just surrendered himself at least implies that he wants to send a message.

Esch already posted a pretty plausible accounting of "root causes," but it sounds like you're looking for a narrative of personal, internal pain because you want to believe that this level of cruelty has to be the result of some really severe stressors.

I don’t necessarily think that is incorrect. This shooter will still be racist scumbags regardless.

VomKriege

• Do the moron

Kinda just playing DA for TA here, but it doesn’t really matter what you label it, a pattern needs to be recognized and traced to its source and holistically fixed. Calling these white supremacist terrorist attacks doesn’t make them stop. And people tend to stop trying to treat you as human with factors that led you down that path once you’re labeled “terrorist”

It's not a magic answer to the problem but applying the label and recognizing it might open some discussions on possible avenues to fix that are currently closed. That's probably why some politicians are fighting so hard against it, because "terrorism" makes it political and suddenly would shed some raw exposure on how charged some of the rhetoric is (especially in one of the two major US political party).
ὕβρις

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

I see your point but disagree.  1)  Terrorist is the appropriate label for these actions - it's not meant to make them stop.  Identifying them as terrorist attacks is important so that police and government agencies can use anti-terror laws to fight them.  2)  Concerning fighting the cause not the symptom - the same can be said about any terrorist act in general: there is always an underlying cause.  People are not born terrorists.   Islamic terrorists are just as likely to be mentally unsound as a nazi.  However, the US and really all countries don't really have a mental health system capable of solving this.  The underlying cause doesn't even need to be mental health,  as racism, misinformation, and geopolitics are causes as a well and those can't really be solved.  3) It's more important to stop people from becoming nazis in the first place than to bring in people in from the cold.  And when you can say this is the end result of white nationalism and link that back to more moderate white nationalist views it should stop people from having those views in the first place.  And that is a lot different than saying this was a just a crazy guy but then go on talking about how brown people are going to take over America in 20 years while quietly forgetting that this guy did this because of that same fear. 

I do think it a valid point that we lose all empathy when labeling someone a terrorist and that is not right.  It seems like terrorists are just pure evil ... unless they are Irish.  I can't think of any other example where we when 'ya they are terrorists, and what they are doing is bad, but ...' and took a more nuanced stance after using the terrorist label.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 01:07:09 PM by Madrun Badrun »

Boredfrom

I see your point but disagree.  1)  Terrorist is the appropriate label for these actions - it's not meant to make them stop.  Identifying them as terrorist attacks is important so that police and government agencies can use anti-terror laws to fight them.  2)  Concerning fighting the cause not the symptom - the same can be said about any terrorist act in general: there is always an underlying cause.  People are not born terrorists.   Islamic terrorists are just as likely to be mentally unsound as a nazi.  However, the US and really all countries don't really have a mental health system capable of solving this.  The underlying cause doesn't even need to be mental health,  as racism, misinformation, and geopolitics are causes as a well and those can't really be solved.  3) It's more important to stop people from becoming nazis in the first place than to bring in people in from the cold.  And when you can say this is the end result of white nationalism and link that back to more moderate white nationalist views it should stop people from having those views in the first place.  And that is a lot different than saying this was a just a crazy guy but then go on talking about how brown people are going to take over America in 20 years while quietly forgetting that this guy did this because of that same fear.

I don’t exactly disagree with you, but I will point out you want to use the correct label (terrorist) while using the wrong one (nazi). That guy sounds like distinguished mentally-challenged  white supremacist. I don’t think namedropping Nazi for every single racist redneck scumbag will help.

ToxicAdam

Why do you not want to label it a hate crime? That label already exists and has a very specific meaning.

Boredfrom

Why do you not want to label it a hate crime? That label already exists and has a very specific meaning.

The terrorist meaning fits.

Boredfrom

TBH the shooters manifesto that blends aspects of left rhetoric (environment, animus against corporate elites) with far right causation and praxis is some of the closest to Nazi 2k19 we've seen yet.

And the Lorax.

::)

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
TBH the shooters manifesto that blends aspects of left rhetoric (environment, animus against corporate elites) with far right causation and praxis is some of the closest to Nazi 2k19 we've seen yet. Expect more as America descends farther and farther into fascism.

The recession we’re due for is going to be nail-bitingly interesting to live through.
serge

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Yeah okay they’re terrorists, I just want something done that will work

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

I don’t exactly disagree with you, but I will point out you want to use the correct label (terrorist) while using the wrong one (nazi). That guy sounds like distinguished mentally-challenged  white supremacist. I don’t think namedropping Nazi for every single racist redneck scumbag will help.

No neo-nazi or just nazi is totally appropriate; you don't need a shaved head and a 88 tat to be one.

Mandark

• Icon
On a different tangent, the Ohio shooter apparently got taken down after one minute and still killed nine people.