Author Topic: It has been 4... 0 days since the last mass shooting official shooting thread  (Read 186237 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Apparently it stems from this article: http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/ph-ac-cn-jarrod-ramos-ruling-0923-20150922-story.html ???
we really need to teach defamation and libel laws in school, every four years or so

we can replace the non-creation science courses with it

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
The shooter is 38 years old and had a restraining order against him due to harassing a random woman he barely knew in high school. He had also spent over five years threatening the newspaper on social media after they published an article about his case.

People like to always slide the blame onto mentally ill people but how is it that someone with a restraining order can buy a gun?

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
A restraining order hardly seems like a good reason to deny someone a civil right to self defense.
每天生气

benjipwns

His feud with The Capital, the chain’s daily newspaper, apparently began with a column in 2011 that detailed his alleged harassment of a high school classmate.

After Mr. Ramos reconnected with the classmate in 2009, his emails to her soon turned venomous.

“He seems to think there’s some sort of relationship here that does not exist,” the woman told a judge, according to court documents in a harassment case she brought against Mr. Ramos. “I tried to back away from it, and he just started getting angry and vulgar to the point I had to tell him to stop.”

After she told him not to contact her again, Mr. Ramos wrote in a 2010 email that the woman should “go hang yourself.”

Weeks later, the woman was put on probation at the bank where she worked. A supervisor told her it was because Mr. Ramos had sent an email — and had also called the bank — telling managers that the bank should fire her.

A judge gave Mr. Ramos a 90-day sentence, but suspended the jail time. Instead, Mr. Ramos was granted probation before judgment. He was ordered not to contact the woman and to continue getting therapy.
Mr. Ramos filed a lawsuit against the owners of The Capital in 2012, claiming that it had defamed him in reporting that Mr. Ramos had pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor criminal harassment charge. Months later, he filed a fuller complaint alleging invasion of privacy, but the lawsuit was dismissed by a judge the next year because Mr. Ramos was unable to describe how he had been harmed by the newspaper article.

Mr. Ramos, who represented himself in the case, appealed the decision. But in 2015 an appellate court affirmed the lower court’s dismissal of the lawsuit, stating that Mr. Ramos showed little knowledge of defamation law and seemed not to “have learned his lesson.”
Ramos’s harassment of his online victim apparently continued. Maryland court records show that in October 2014, a restraining order was entered against him ordering him not to have contact with the woman. Ramos pursued appeals of that order until 2016 but did not prevail.

He carried no identification and had damaged his finger tips in an apparent effort to thwart identification by law enforcement, sources said.

Mandark

• Icon
Abusive/threatening behavior towards women seems to be more of a through line for these incidents than any political or religious ideology.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
So it wasn't because of Maxine Waters? hannity should be ashamed. I expect a walk back of his comments first thing this morning.
©ZH

benjipwns

So it wasn't because of Maxine Waters? hannity should be ashamed. I expect a walk back of his comments first thing this morning.
no no no see some lieberals somewhere once blamed Sarah Palin so

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
Abusive/threatening behavior towards women seems to be more of a through line for these incidents than any political or religious ideology.

Same with murder-suicides. It's almost always a man perpetrating it on a woman and almost always with a gun.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
oh fuck

this just went down.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
Jesus. You can see the laser on the black guy's chest right before he got shot.  :-\

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Jesus. You can see the laser on the black guy's chest right before he got shot.  :-\
yup, he's most likely gone. you hear one guy say "what did he shoot me with" and then bang bang bang.

fucking brutal man .

Mandark

• Icon
Matt Pearce tweeted that he heard the shooter was in the competition from one of the competitors but hasn't gotten a confirmation from other people yet.

You should really, really, really wait for a source other than Laura Loomer for anything.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
I don't even know who Laura Loomer is.

edit: *just looked her up* Ah, see. That's why I shouldn't share screen grabs from /pol/.  :doge

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Guns with laser sights at a video game competition. America is wild. Idk how you can think this is even marginally okay once in awhile.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Guns with laser sights at a video game competition. America is wild. Idk how you can think this is even marginally okay once in awhile.
It is wild but so is being stabbed all the time in London.  :doge

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
Huff marks himself safe

spoiler (click to show/hide)
i don’t live there anymore
people who do this that would never be on the area of the shooting annoy me
[close]

dur

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Surreal clip, imo. RIP
fat

zomgee

• We've *all*
Wow I'd rather not ever hear that video again.
rub

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
not even going to watch it
每天生气

Himu

Awful news. I definitely considered what it’d be like if a shooter shot up a fighting game event before. It’s actually one of my worst fears. What, with all the bets going on. And the prize money. Not to mention the lax security.

Hopefully they beef up security at tournaments going forward. I’ll gladly sacrifice having my arcade stick and bag checked.

Prayers to the victims and their families.
IYKYK

Himu

If it’s true the shooter was in the tournament that makes it even more scary as a competitive player. Salt happens but not that. Yikes.
IYKYK

agrajag

Mistress 9

not even going to watch it

Couldn't help myself and I did. I never can. And I always feel regret. Fucking horrible.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
There's not much to see other than the poor kid that you can see a laser hit chest. Right then the camera goes back to the game and you hear the shots ring out.

The audio is absolutely horrifying though

Mistress 9

Well yeah, Im not gonna watch a video without audio. The audio helps in making it more awful.

eleuin

• perennial loser
fucking hell man  :-\

Propagandhim

EDIT: You know what?  Maybe i'll just wait. 

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
looks like one of the kids in the video, one with the red laser dot has passed.

Himu

Rest In Peace :(

It makes so furious. The waste of life.
IYKYK

Nabbis

• oops
Normally i never watch these videos but i got curious. Yeah, not doing that again. :(

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Thoughts, prayers, video games are to blame, nothing can be done.

See y'all at the next one.
yar

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Thoughts, prayers, video games are to blame, nothing can be done.

See y'all at the next one.
Nah, low body count. CNN is barely covering it. Don't expect to see the talking points come out this time.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
That video is all kinds of fucked up. This planet needs a reboot.
🤴

Human Snorenado

• Icon
I would generally agree but it's almost election season and the direct involvement with a video game event will give those who are either genuinely stupid enough to believe that particular myth or those that want to cynically advance it enough, ahem, ammunition that I expect this to hang around in the news cycle for a couple days.
yar

Himu

What kind of gun was used? That will determine how long it’s in the media so they can use their narrative.
IYKYK

zomgee

• We've *all*
Early reports are an AR-15

Source: My ass
rub

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
What kind of gun was used? That will determine how long it’s in the media so they can use their narrative.
From the video it sounded like a handgun not an automatic weapon.
🤴

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
I would generally agree but it's almost election season and the direct involvement with a video game event will give those who are either genuinely stupid enough to believe that particular myth or those that want to cynically advance it enough, ahem, ammunition that I expect this to hang around in the news cycle for a couple days.
The genre might actually soften the reaction somewhat.

Himu

Then it will disappear from the news in maybe two days. Maybe even one.
IYKYK

kingv

If you’re going to do this the best place is a smash tournament.

Himu

If you’re going to do this the best place is a smash tournament.

:snoop

Fuck you
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator

It will either way.
©@©™

Himu

It will either way.

Nah, the news media really likes AR-15 stories. If it’s a shooting with a shotgun or a handgun or even revolver they forget about it reallll quick. If a civilian stopped the shooting then they likely won’t report it.
IYKYK

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
The CS part of ESL is giving no fucks

agrajag

It will either way.

Nah, the news media really likes AR-15 stories. If it’s a shooting with a shotgun or a handgun or even revolver they forget about it reallll quick. If a civilian stopped the shooting then they likely won’t report it.

Complain about media's agenda but bring your own agenda into almost every post  :doge

Himu

Don’t really have an agenda. Just stating facts. Going by your logic, your post is for your agenda as well. Just laziness via some petty comeback.
IYKYK

zomgee

• We've *all*
oh for fucks sakes
rub

agrajag

Don’t really have an agenda. Just stating facts. Going by your logic, your post is for your agenda as well. Just laziness via some petty comeback.

Almost every post you made about the shooting in this thread has been a thinly veneered defense of your gun fetish. And everyone else is just avoiding engaging with you about it because they're trying to be nice to you.

Himu

I’m not posting anything with the shooters name or face because I’m not the media that wants to inspire copycats but details are white male, early 20’s, semi-automatic handgun, killed self inside. The fuck doesn’t deserve any attention to his act of brutality.
IYKYK

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
the shooter had a bowl haircut.

not a joke.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
nfl 2k still the goat!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
They said the shooter's name on the radio this morning.  Possible motive is that "he was upset that he lost a game."  Really?  He brought a gun with laser sight to an event in case he lost?   But I guess I could see that if he was just fucked up in the head.  :-\

They also made sure, before going into detail on this shooting, to mention that two more (non-mass) shootings happened in the area last night.
 :goty2
ど助平

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
I wonder what republicans would choose if they had to between free (mental) healthcare oooor gun control

Svejk

I was just at the science museum with my kids on Saturday... it's only a few block from the Landing.  WTF, people...  it's just a fuckin' vidyah game, folks.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Stay safe

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
The shooter looks like a mix of demi and that Google manifesto writer that Etiolate liked a lot.
serge

Human Snorenado

• Icon
I wonder what republicans would choose if they had to between free (mental) healthcare oooor gun control

Tax cuts for the rich, duh
yar

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
The shooter looks like a mix of demi and that Google manifesto writer that Etiolate liked a lot.
kid looks autisty

always be afraid of those types.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
That video is all kinds of fucked up. The US of A needs a reboot.

Agreed.