Author Topic: It has been 4... 0 days since the last mass shooting official shooting thread  (Read 187702 times)

agrajag

Re: It has been 4... 0 days since the last mass shooting official shooting thread
« Reply #540 on: February 17, 2018, 06:32:47 PM »
Cindi has been Cindi so long that her enthusiastic embrace for the dialectic of life is an old meme on this forum. (Only 20XX Bore kids will remember that splash page.) In that time she hasn't gone postal yet there are posts like this trying to insinuate she's primed to go off. That's not just calling someone out, and it's not particularly fact-based discussion either.

Newer posters don't know any better so I don't begrudge them for introducing this line of discussion but the old guard here doesn't have that same excuse and should not be excused.
So you know she's been like this for a long time and then intentionally tell other people not to point it out even though it's normal socialization and even considerate. Isn't that a dangerous form of enabling?

I think he's trying to say that she is ultimately harmless regardless of her wild online persona. I don't know, O'm not convinced. She posted about taking her life if she didn't receive her hormones, I think that deserves to be allotted a certain amount of gravitas. In a discussion of gun safety, of all places.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: It has been 4... 0 days since the last mass shooting official shooting thread
« Reply #541 on: February 17, 2018, 06:38:50 PM »
I can say, personally, when the military kicks in my door I'll be prepared to defend myself by thoroughly shitting my pants and crying. Like everyone else in this thread, regardless of whether they know it or not.
What an expected college intellectual cuck response.

I'll simply inform them of their mandate of civilian leadership and that I won't be recommending their renewal of funding when the two year period is up to my Congressman if they continue with such cop-like behavior. I have enough pocket Constitutions that they can all take a copy as they leave peacefully after apologizing for the property damage.

benjipwns

« Reply #543 on: February 17, 2018, 06:58:56 PM »
read that as Sassy, Flirty, Sriracha Bible TRUMP

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:trumps
[close]

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #544 on: February 17, 2018, 07:50:01 PM »
hey guys lets talk about guns
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #545 on: February 17, 2018, 08:03:30 PM »
i feel like we should be focusing on those two cops who gave each other terrorist fist jabs while perp walking the latest Cruz mass murderer (after JFK assassin Rafael and Zodiac Killer Ted) as i can't find footage now but i think they were both white on top of it

Himu

« Reply #546 on: February 17, 2018, 08:16:23 PM »
Enabling? What in the fuck. Nothing I have posted in this thread points me to being mentally ill or that what I have said is, as Stro said, “radical”. Why in the fuck do you people throw these accusations? What is wrong with you?! I told you how I came to the rationale that guns as self defense is reasonable and you INSULT me.
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #547 on: February 17, 2018, 08:31:52 PM »
to be fair, i'm sure they'd insult me too if i rather, at length, posted my similar-ish views in response to a shooting

agrajag

« Reply #548 on: February 18, 2018, 12:10:31 AM »
When are Cindi and Benji starting an organized militia to defend their rights against the tyrannical aspirations of Bernie Sanders?

benjipwns

« Reply #549 on: February 18, 2018, 01:21:44 AM »
unfortunately we immediately formed splinter factions, primarily over the definition of "property" but also my pacifism was a bit of a non-starter

benjipwns

« Reply #550 on: February 18, 2018, 01:23:06 AM »
also i may or may not have said something along the lines of cindi's people being "fleet of foot"

Barraco Barner

« Reply #551 on: February 18, 2018, 01:31:06 AM »
The name of that splinter militia faction? Dox Populi (because benji likes to dox people)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #552 on: February 18, 2018, 02:25:00 AM »

So, the script that emerged — a ''first draft'' Stallone has written with Art Monterastelli (The Hunted) — finds Rambo living a monastic lifestyle in Bangkok and salvaging old PT boats and tanks for scrap metal. (''It's like he's stripping himself down,'' says the actor, pensively. ''That old piece of military equipment.'') When a group of volunteers bringing supplies into Burma disappears, a relative of one of the missing missionaries begs Rambo to find them. He heads off with a team of young guns, a plot point required by the financiers, who wanted to hedge against Rambo's possible mono-generational appeal.

So, basically: Blade: Trinity again?

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #553 on: February 18, 2018, 02:39:01 AM »
Enabling? What in the fuck. Nothing I have posted in this thread points me to being mentally ill or that what I have said is, as Stro said, “radical”. Why in the fuck do you People throw these accusations? What is wrong with you?! I told you how I came to the rationale that guns as self defense is reasonable and you INSULT me.

Yes but little over a month ago you were talking about suicide

No one is insulting you

Are you really surprised people are weary of a person that talked about suicide having a gun etc?

Himu

« Reply #554 on: February 18, 2018, 10:14:40 AM »
Nope. But that was completely separate from my argument. Essentially, you lot ignored the bulk of my it. Made one liners like,”knives are legal in Canada” (who really cares? Guns, tasers, and pepper spray are. Limiting people’s method of self defense is distinguished mentally-challenged, especially for women, nor does it posit that being a woman doesn’t require some self defense in a first world nation) or attacked my character saying I am prone to radicalization and violence, or low hanging fruit such as,”you were suicidal two months ago!” Phht. So? It was argued (while mockingly I might add) that you don’t need weapons for self defense in first world nations because they had less reason for self defense. I provided a cogent rebuttal that provided evidence against that. Instead, you insult and mock me.

Like I said in my post last page, a lot of policies, liberal or conservative, start out with good intentions. In America things usually start out that way but end up making things worse for people. We have seen this time and time again. From alcohol prohibition, to the drug war, to even the prison complex or spying on citizens for security. Usually it’s caused by people who would take individual liberty from others especially for some American moralized reasoning for the sake of safety. Essentially, in a free country we have to weigh legislation between liberty and security constantly. More often, I’ll side with liberty especially regarding cases that are preventable (Cruz had police come to his home twenty times, and was reported to the FBI three times, and wasn’t arrested showing exactly how and why government fucking sucks but for some reason you want me to...rely on the government for my safety?).

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Addendum:

Liberals: Trump is a fascist!
Also liberals: WHY AREN’T GUNS BANNED YET?

Liberals: Black Lives *do* Matter! You have my support in this fight against police brutality!
Also liberals: Only the police and military should have guns!

Liberals: Being a trans woman of color is one of the least safe demographics in America! Stop killing trans women! 
Also liberals: why do YOU need a gun?

And that’s just one issue.

I used to think it was just partisanship. The same partisanship I witnessed when the very people who denounced and protested the Iraq War under Bush stood silent under Obama. No, it’s ideology. All you have taught many of us since the election is liberalism, and by extension leftism, are stupid ideologies not worth considering. I was blind but now I see. I turn in my left card.

And in the midst of all of this is me constantly having to fight lefties and their fucking ideological grandstanding and myopia and not mourn this horrific lost of life.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 10:50:45 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #555 on: February 18, 2018, 10:20:06 AM »
In what way specifically do you think owning a gun will protect you from the state? What is the scenario you are envisioning?

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #556 on: February 18, 2018, 01:09:56 PM »
Yes other states limit your freedom for the common good.

You still havent adressed the fact its safer to live for example in Canada or Denmark then in the USA.

You claim you want a gun for safety, but ignore the simple facts that its safer not to have guns.

Nothing much that can be said but that you claim lefties are saying things from an ideology, but ts actually you that dles it (where for you individual freedom > safety).

I mean if thats the case just say so, thats a better arguement then claiming safety!

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #557 on: February 18, 2018, 01:10:53 PM »

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #558 on: February 18, 2018, 02:11:54 PM »
Nope. But that was completely separate from my argument. Essentially, you lot ignored the bulk of my it. Made one liners like,”knives are legal in Canada” (who really cares? Guns, tasers, and pepper spray are. Limiting people’s method of self defense is distinguished mentally-challenged, especially for women, nor does it posit that being a woman doesn’t require some self defense in a first world nation) or attacked my character saying I am prone to radicalization and violence, or low hanging fruit such as,”you were suicidal two months ago!” Phht. So? It was argued (while mockingly I might add) that you don’t need weapons for self defense in first world nations because they had less reason for self defense. I provided a cogent rebuttal that provided evidence against that. Instead, you insult and mock me.

Like I said in my post last page, a lot of policies, liberal or conservative, start out with good intentions. In America things usually start out that way but end up making things worse for people. We have seen this time and time again. From alcohol prohibition, to the drug war, to even the prison complex or spying on citizens for security. Usually it’s caused by people who would take individual liberty from others especially for some American moralized reasoning for the sake of safety. Essentially, in a free country we have to weigh legislation between liberty and security constantly. More often, I’ll side with liberty especially regarding cases that are preventable (Cruz had police come to his home twenty times, and was reported to the FBI three times, and wasn’t arrested showing exactly how and why government fucking sucks but for some reason you want me to...rely on the government for my safety?).

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Addendum:

Liberals: Trump is a fascist!
Also liberals: WHY AREN’T GUNS BANNED YET?

Liberals: Black Lives *do* Matter! You have my support in this fight against police brutality!
Also liberals: Only the police and military should have guns!

Liberals: Being a trans woman of color is one of the least safe demographics in America! Stop killing trans women! 
Also liberals: why do YOU need a gun?

And that’s just one issue.

I used to think it was just partisanship. The same partisanship I witnessed when the very people who denounced and protested the Iraq War under Bush stood silent under Obama. No, it’s ideology. All you have taught many of us since the election is liberalism, and by extension leftism, are stupid ideologies not worth considering. I was blind but now I see. I turn in my left card.

And in the midst of all of this is me constantly having to fight lefties and their fucking ideological grandstanding and myopia and not mourn this horrific lost of life.

So what you're saying is you'll be a liberal next year. Gotcha.

etiolate

« Reply #562 on: February 18, 2018, 09:11:35 PM »
two dudes ride out in kayaks towards an isolated island so they can play swords with each other

and tragically tip over

it's a bore love story

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #563 on: February 18, 2018, 09:19:55 PM »
Not two dudes, a dude and a 16 year old girl. It's an Amri0x love story.
dog

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #564 on: February 18, 2018, 09:41:25 PM »
Not two dudes, a dude and a 16 year old girl. It's an Amri0x love story.
16 is too old for Amirox iirc

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #565 on: February 18, 2018, 09:42:43 PM »
"as young as 11"
每天生气

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #566 on: February 20, 2018, 02:18:22 PM »
Mandark, check it out. I think he wrote this specifically for you. Take your blood pressure meds first, though.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/02/19/opinion/parkland-gun-control-shootings.html?smid=tw-nytopinion&smtyp=cur&referer=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FBBrlNIlzY3%3Famp%3D1
yar

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #568 on: February 20, 2018, 06:23:21 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #570 on: February 20, 2018, 06:48:40 PM »
A CNN contributor had a more positive view from seeing the kids give political opinions he agreed with: https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/19/opinions/parkland-shooting-voting-age-opinion-douglas/

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #571 on: February 20, 2018, 07:18:13 PM »
I can’t believe Obama’s still faking these mass shootings from beyond the grave.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #572 on: February 20, 2018, 07:32:56 PM »
nobody made them illegal in the first place

even the 1994 ban that expired in 2004 had a grandfather clause and over 500 exemptions in it, like prior gun control acts it was more of a barrier to arms being imported than doing anything about pre-existing weapons

benjipwns

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #574 on: February 20, 2018, 08:24:17 PM »

Someone get me a thinkpiece on call-out culture STAT.

shosta

« Reply #575 on: February 20, 2018, 08:31:50 PM »
Glad we're firing these sickening, cynical opportunists, next up is Don Jr., Right? ...Right?
每天生气

« Reply #576 on: February 21, 2018, 05:41:29 PM »
Jesus Christ that "listening session" was horrific. Trump spacing out when most of the people were talking to him, only perking up when someone complimented him, openly crowdsourcing ways to fix the gun issue on camera and being taken by the first suggestion which was....arm fucking teachers. This fucking guy really suggested having undercover janitors with guns and Trump was like "that's a great idea, I think a lot of people will love it" then asked the room and no one liked it.

He then literally used John Cena logic by saying a lot of people like the idea, and a lot of people don't like the idea, but the good thing is there are a lot of people.

I couldn't watch it, it was so incredibly uncomfortable and Trump clearly doesn't give a shit.
野球

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #577 on: February 21, 2018, 05:44:14 PM »

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #578 on: February 21, 2018, 06:28:50 PM »
Jesus Christ that "listening session" was horrific. Trump spacing out when most of the people were talking to him, only perking up when someone complimented him, openly crowdsourcing ways to fix the gun issue on camera and being taken by the first suggestion which was....arm fucking teachers. This fucking guy really suggested having undercover janitors with guns and Trump was like "that's a great idea, I think a lot of people will love it" then asked the room and no one liked it.

He then literally used John Cena logic by saying a lot of people like the idea, and a lot of people don't like the idea, but the good thing is there are a lot of people.

Well the problem is america is a unique snowflake. The other solutions that work in the rest of the advanced world won't work here because [insert bullshit reasons]

So we need special solutions. Like arming teachers.

paprikastaude

« Reply #579 on: February 21, 2018, 06:32:42 PM »

Well the problem is america is a unique snowflake. The other solutions that work in the rest of the advanced world won't work here because [insert bullshit reasons]

something something venezuela

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #580 on: February 21, 2018, 06:36:42 PM »

shosta

« Reply #581 on: February 21, 2018, 07:45:03 PM »
每天生气

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #582 on: February 21, 2018, 10:46:21 PM »

(6) Don't forget to human.
©@©™

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #583 on: February 22, 2018, 12:18:44 AM »
I hear you. Like seriously.  :trumps

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #585 on: February 22, 2018, 03:13:42 AM »
Can't believe rubio volunteered to go on cnn and get brutalized like that

shosta

« Reply #586 on: February 22, 2018, 03:25:46 AM »
cool cat guy called it "tweeter" :lawd
每天生气

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #587 on: February 22, 2018, 09:55:19 AM »
Watching shitlord rightists getting owned repeatedly by a few 17 year olds has been the best part of this shitty situation.
©ZH

kingv

« Reply #588 on: February 22, 2018, 01:55:18 PM »
One thing I find interesting is how much more intense the outrage is under a Trump Presidency. Ok the one ha d, I think the NRA was like “great our dude is in charge” but they weren’t counting on a lot of people were happy to ignore their insanity when Obama was still President. It’s not so funny when they have a direct line to the President.

shosta

« Reply #589 on: February 22, 2018, 04:02:34 PM »
No outrage I have seen in my life was as intense as Sandy Hook.
每天生气

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #590 on: February 22, 2018, 04:51:58 PM »

And nothing happened.

I keep seeing people arguing something is different this time but like...I remember a town hall being held about Sand Hook, too. I remember a pretty big memorial service. Yea there wasn't a "movement" of high school kids yelling but that's about it.

Monday will be interesting. Maybe something passes the senate....but it won't pass the House. No way we raise the ownership requirement to 21 lol. I doubt background checks pass either.

Nola

« Reply #591 on: February 22, 2018, 05:28:32 PM »

And nothing happened.

I keep seeing people arguing something is different this time but like...I remember a town hall being held about Sand Hook, too. I remember a pretty big memorial service. Yea there wasn't a "movement" of high school kids yelling but that's about it.

Monday will be interesting. Maybe something passes the senate....but it won't pass the House. No way we raise the ownership requirement to 21 lol. I doubt background checks pass either.

I doubt anything passes in this congress, but momentum has seemingly been steadily shifting and that isn't nothing.

IMO, one of the biggest barriers to even minor gun control is the fatalism of Democrats about the issue, so they don't want to take up the issue when in the majority, and I think you see some cracks in that with every new event and as the public opinion slowly shifts.

Though I doubt any truly meaningful comprehensive reform will happen any time in the next several decades. I could certainly see a Democratic congress putting an AR-15 ban, increased background checks, and some other minor fixes on Trump's desk before 2020. But personally, I don't think that is enough to address the problem.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #592 on: February 22, 2018, 09:26:48 PM »
Arming teachers is hilarious. Like half of my public high school teachers were alcoholics and some of them drank on the job. Like all of the priests at my Catholic high school were alcoholics and old and bitter.
serge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #593 on: February 22, 2018, 11:10:16 PM »
My high school history teacher cheated on his wife and got a student pregnant. And that's just with his penis. Imagine if he had a penis AND a gun.
que

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #594 on: February 22, 2018, 11:22:28 PM »
My high school history teacher cheated on his wife and got a student pregnant. And that's just with his penis. Imagine if he had a penis AND a gun.

dog

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #595 on: February 22, 2018, 11:25:06 PM »
exactly.
que

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #596 on: February 22, 2018, 11:44:42 PM »

A (non-priest) male teacher at my Catholic high school got a student pregnant -and- tried to get her to have an abortion. This was after I attended, so maybe it doesn’t count.
serge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #598 on: February 27, 2018, 08:18:01 AM »
Over the past weekend, there were 3 murder-suicides in my area (NE Ohio). All with guns. Grim stuff.

No one really talks about that aspect of our society. About 1200 people die this way every year in America, many are children.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH