Author Topic: It has been 4... 0 days since the last mass shooting official shooting thread  (Read 183835 times)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: It has been 4... 0 days since the last mass shooting official shooting thread
« Reply #300 on: September 30, 2016, 04:37:34 AM »
http://imgur.com/gallery/VTioQ
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/townville-firefighter-south-carolina-elementary-school-jamie-brock-a7337476.html

Good-guy firefighter stops school shooter because the fire department was close-by.

Still, I want to know what "took him down" means -- did the dude just smack the shooter with a firetruck?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: It has been 4... 0 days since the last mass shooting official shooting thread
« Reply #302 on: November 28, 2016, 11:38:04 AM »
I watched part of the OSU-Michigan game this weekend, legit shook rn.
©@©™

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #303 on: November 28, 2016, 12:01:11 PM »
I saw Michael Moore on tv two weeks ago, worried for his safety now

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #305 on: November 28, 2016, 06:06:06 PM »
I watched part of the OSU-Michigan game this weekend, legit shook rn.
I watched highlights this morning be safe everyone
vin

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #306 on: November 29, 2016, 04:06:10 PM »
Turned out to be a car/knife attack, not a shooting. Liberals agenda fails again.
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #307 on: November 29, 2016, 04:15:19 PM »
Ya, the worst thing about Muslims is how they constantly defy expectations.   

Syph

« Reply #308 on: November 29, 2016, 05:43:23 PM »
Turned out to be a car/knife attack, not a shooting. Liberals agenda fails again.
that didn't stop ol tim kaine
XO

« Reply #309 on: November 30, 2016, 10:04:26 AM »
that didn't stop ol tim kaine

Or OSU Emergency Management:

https://twitter.com/OSU_EMFP/status/803251348858753024

"Hey look at these dumb liberals who were commenting on what was reported to be happening at OSU by OSU hurr hurr!"

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #310 on: November 30, 2016, 11:31:42 AM »
Twitter's liberal bias revealed more and more by the day.
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Oh hey look, thoughts, prayers, etc.
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Some boring old white dude bought a dozen machine guns and shot 600+ from the comfort of his hotel room. I can't even, man.
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Some boring old white dude bought a dozen machine guns and shot 600+ from the comfort of his hotel room. I can't even, man.
He should have shot the last person first imo.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
The grossest part of this is we will come to learn everything about this dude and his stupid thoughts. Exactly the kind of attention he wanted for committing this act.

How his girlfriend didn't know anything about this is another headscratcher.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/10/02/las-vegas-gunman-liked-to-gamble-listened-to-country-music-lived-quiet-retired-life-before-massacre/?utm_term=.ef9f2f85aeeb

Looks like we have a motive.

"We know nothing. If you told me an asteroid fell it would mean the same to me. There's absolutely no sense, no reason he did this," he said, earlier. "He's just a guy who played video poker and took cruises and ate burritos at Taco Bell."

Yum! Brands strikes again.
serge

FStop7

I read that his dad was a shoot ‘em up bank robber who was on the FBI’s 10 most wanted list in the 1970s.

Sounds like a clue to me.

G The Resurrected

I think this message pretty much says what I think. Just an unnecessary loss of life for no reason.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
“Look, we have a tragedy. We’re going to — what happened in Las Vegas is in many ways a miracle. The police department has done such an incredible job, and we’ll be talking about gun laws as time goes by,” Trump told reporters outside the White House before traveling to Puerto Rico. “But I do have to say how quickly the police department was able to get in was really very much of a miracle. They’ve done an amazing job.”

:thinking
dog

G The Resurrected

Seriously Donny lowering the flag is nothing, thoughts and prayers are nothing... I want some action to close the damn tradeshow loopholes and state control and make it a federal mandate to control the guns in this country. It's been an issue for many years and innocent lives pay the cost of inaction. I know it's not just him, but the both houses and NRA lobbying and the base. It's not a popular opinion, but I don't think our forefathers thought there would ever be a day where one person could inflict so much harm on innocents. Don't give me the bullshit about hunting or personal protection. When we have police officers running the streets with military hardware protecting us from the poor disadvantaged communities trying to survive after being forgotten and neglected. We could do so much more as a country if we just started to do something about the violence. And that starts with how we address it. These acts of domestic terrorism shouldn't be normalized, just like the other issues we face we can't turn numb to the problems we face as a society. For if we do nothing we are just as guilty of pulling the trigger.

I've been donating blood every other week since last year. It's not a lot of time out of my day and while I might have a generic blood type there are those that may have rare blood type that is much more valuable and not even know it. If you've never gotten a blood test or don't know your blood type. Maybe today's a day you can find out and at the same time help those in need. If your faith doesn't allow it then donate another way to those in need.

I'd ask if you can donate your time, your blood, anything to help those in your communities it may not seem like much but it could be the start of something. We have to start taking care of one another as a country to heal the divisions and push past the inequality. Break down the walls of division from those who wish us to turn on one another stoke and find the common good that we all are capable of.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 12:52:11 PM by G The Resurrected »

FatalT

Did this get any coverage on GAF or was it glossed over with the country music shooting?

Police said the suspect, Emanuel Kidega Samson, was wearing a mask when he entered Burnett Chapel Church of Christ in Antioch, a small community outside Nashville, and began shooting. One parishioner was shot in the parking lot and died; six other people, including the minister, were wounded.

People close to the investigation said a note found in the gunman’s car indicated he may have been seeking revenge for the 2015 shooting at Emanuel AME, a historically black church in Charleston.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/tennessee-church-shooting-suspect-had-note-referencing-dylann-roof-attack/2017/09/29/fe808bd2-a54d-11e7-8cfe-d5b912fabc99_story.html

agrajag

“Look, we have a tragedy. We’re going to — what happened in Las Vegas is in many ways a miracle. The police department has done such an incredible job, and we’ll be talking about gun laws as time goes by,” Trump told reporters outside the White House before traveling to Puerto Rico. “But I do have to say how quickly the police department was able to get in was really very much of a miracle. They’ve done an amazing job.”

:thinking

This dude gets the all time award for choosing word so badly on such a consistent basis. Like, any time he even tries to say anything nice it comes out all derpy and contrary to what he was trying to say. "This was a yuge tragedy, in many ways it is a miracle" Deeeeerp

benjipwns

Once you pick up on and internalize his cadence for years like you don't even notice it until you read it, so the last two years I was always sorta befuddled at videos people would link me until I'd see it written down. Him jumping randomly between topics and concepts or even straight up stopping to say something else not realizing they don't connect was just normal to me Trump as talking about well, anything.

I'm racking my brain now because there was another politician like this a few years ago who until you read the transcriptions where they didn't take out all the "ums" and "although" and stuff you didn't realize just how much he was babbling garbage where one sentence wouldn't connect to another. No, it wasn't W. or Obama (though his transcripts with the "uhs" left in could look pretty bad his sentences were fine) but some lower tier guy like Wesley Clark or Bill Richardson or something. Where you'd read it and be like "what" but it'd just fly past you on TV.

Rick Perry on painkillers in 2012 was the opposite, he actually didn't seem as lost if you only read his transcripted debate remarks. Outside of "oops."

Maybe it was Michelle Bachmann? Carly Fiorina sorta had the same thing going on. Wow. Sexist much benji.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Maybe it was Michelle Bachmann?

Might have been Palin, she tended pretty hard towards the "word salad" side of speaking.
dog

benjipwns

Las Vegas Strip mass murderer Stephen Paddock used his Mandalay Bay hotel room to fire bullets at jet fuel tanks Sunday night, a knowledgeable source told the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

The bullets left two holes in one of two circular white tanks. One of the bullets penetrated the tank, but did not cause a fire or explosion near the Route 91 Harvest country music festival, another knowledgeable source said late Wednesday.
“Airport fueling has not been compromised,” McCarran spokesman Chris Jones said late Wednesday. “It’s functional.”

Authorities believe it's unlikely that the Las Vegas gunman targeted jet fuel tanks located at an airport next to the scene of the massacre.

Adam Housley reported from the city this morning that law enforcement sources he spoke to pushed back on a report in the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

WHICH IS IT, LET'S LET RED STATE DECIDE:
Las Vegas Shooter Attempted An Even Bigger Tragedy
Posted at 9:00 am on October 5, 2017 by Susan Wright

Drip, drip, drip.

That seems to be the pace of emerging details about the horrific mass shooting that occurred at an open air country music festival on Sunday night in Las Vegas, as well as the shooter, Stephen Paddock, but it’s coming.

Investigators surmised that the second broken window on the east side of the Mandalay Bay Hotel room where Paddock was staying was to give him a better view of the tanks. The northeastern facing window gave him a view of the concert crowd.

The tanks were approximately 1,100 feet from the concert site. Construction crews have since repaired the holes, and the FBI has taken measurements from the tanks, which sit near hangars owned by prominent companies, to the hotel.
THAT DOESN'T SEEM TO SETTLE IT, I NEED RAW STORY COMMENTS, STAT:
DQKennard • 18 hours ago
I guess he'd have had better "success" with some of those high-power armor-piercing bullets the gun fetishists want, and that the ammo manufacturers want to sell them.

pattiepea  DQKennard • 18 hours ago
and what could have happened if you couldn't 'hear' the bullets? And the GOP wants to make it easier for everyone to get a silencer.

proreviewer • 18 hours ago
Holy shit. He could've blown up the airport and/or half the people at the concert. This easily could've rivaled Oklahoma City, if not 9/11

Dewey • 17 hours ago
can the President utter the words WHITE DOMESTIC TERRORIST?The intent is in the PROOF! 58 killed, hundreds wounded and now evidence of a much larger planned and attempted attack.Come on Drumpfy garner the balls and call it as it is.

(((chimera: #resist#persist))) • 17 hours ago
If these tanks had exploded what would they have also done to the hotel and the people in it? Also, what about his car in the hotel parking lot? deck? that had 50+ pounds of high-powered explosives in the trunk? What would the exploding aviation fuel tanks done to that? That is even scarier!

stingray68  • 17 hours ago
Shooter man could have punctured the tanks with bullets, using a .50 cal sniper rifle, for example, then used tracer rounds to ignite the leaking fuel. Big boom guaranteed.

pattiepea • 18 hours ago
ISIS learned a lesson today; and it's not good news for America.

shivabeach • 18 hours ago
Talk about luck. This could have been horrifying

QUICK I HAVE A CABLE NEWS APPEARANCE, SOMEBODY GIVE ME ANOTHER ANGLE:
outhousemouse • 9 hours ago
One thing i have seen with most all of these mass shootings is almost everyone of the shooters are on some kind of psychotropic drug, I believe it plays at least some part in these events.

I have read that a large percentage of the population are on these drugs and you would have to believe the same percent of out police forces are on these drugs might go to explain some of the police shootings we are seeing,

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Tasty

Holy fuck.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
then used tracer rounds to ignite the leaking fuel. Big boom guaranteed.

FAKE NEWS. I saw this on Mythbusters and the tracers rounds didn't do jack.
dog

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Hm.

WASHINGTON — Marilou Danley, the woman investigators hoped would provide key details into the motive behind her boyfriend's deadly shooting attack, said she remembers him exhibiting symptoms such as lying in bed and moaning, according to two former FBI officials who have been briefed on the matter.

"She said he would lie in bed, just moaning and screaming, 'Oh, my God,'" one of the former officials said.

I do this sometimes when my rent is due
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 05:33:12 AM by Spoiled Milk »
每天生气

FatalT

Hm.

WASHINGTON — Marilou Danley, the woman investigators hoped would provide key details into the motive behind her boyfriend's deadly shooting attack, said she remembers him exhibiting symptoms such as lying in bed and moaning, according to two former FBI officials who have been briefed on the matter.

"She said he would lie in bed, just moaning and screaming, 'Oh, my God,'" one of the former officials said.

Shooting explained! Valium. Getting on anti-anxiety medications in general and taking more than the therapeutic dosages will make you do some crazy shit. I forget who posted the article about the guy’s wife going mental on an anti-depressant and linking her to the shooter but, welp, there ya go.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/john-ringo/a-theory-on-las-vegas/10155111388257055/

TVC15

Hm.

This is a common behavior for Yum! Brands fans.
serge

Himu

Congress is apparently moving ahead on bump stocks. good.
IYKYK

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Shooting explained! Valium. Getting on anti-anxiety medications in general and taking more than the therapeutic dosages will make you do some crazy shit. I forget who posted the article about the guy’s wife going mental on an anti-depressant and linking her to the shooter but, welp, there ya go.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/john-ringo/a-theory-on-las-vegas/10155111388257055/
Has four kidneys and four ankles. (She ate the good twin.)
Was once listed as one of the top five Adult ADHD in the US and the only one who was clinically functional.
lol
每天生气

Bebpo

« Reply #335 on: November 05, 2017, 05:17:19 PM »
Another major one today in Texas, 20+ dead church shooting. RIP to all the victims.
Someone on resetera posted a tweet that 3 of the 5 deadliest mass shootings in the USA have all occurred in the last year, with 2 of the top 5 in the last month now. :|

I feel like church shootings are becoming more and more common. Wonder if they'll start putting metal detectors in at the entrances to all churches or something.

« Reply #336 on: November 05, 2017, 05:34:45 PM »

Someone on resetera posted a tweet that 3 of the 5 deadliest mass shootings in the USA have all occurred in the last year, with 2 of the top 5 in the last month now. :|

I feel like church shootings are becoming more and more common. Wonder if they'll start putting metal detectors in at the entrances to all churches or something.

Maybe they'll do someth...

Congress is apparently moving ahead on bump stocks. good.

Nevermind.

I hate being cynical about this, but until someone in power can prove me wrong I'll keep feeling this way.  :(
野球

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #337 on: November 05, 2017, 06:58:27 PM »
One of my friends who plays in our weekly RPG is a libertarian gun fan. He's a truly sweet guy, very kind, considerate, and mild-mannered. Not "quiet," I don't think he's one of those guys who'll flip out, but he is a male caucasian engineer, so the libertarian is nearly a de facto condition. And after libertarian, believers in a-la-carte social services for those who care to pay for them, the assumption of needing to protect one's self and property seems to extend naturally from there.

I have another friend from high school who was JROTC and then served actively for years. He is also pro-gun and thinks the government should have no ability to restrict what citizens can carry, when and where they're carried, etc. I strongly feel he projects his level of competence and self control out into the other weapon carrying gun fans. We get poor-impulse-control idiots pulling guns on each other in line for pizza or in traffic or wherever. I don't understand how he can be willing to stomach casual, know-nothing fools being able to walk around, preening, with their semiautomatics in Walmart.

In contrast, when I'm in the USA and in a private business that a policeman also happens to be patronizing, I get nervous that the policeman has a gun. Sure, he's trained, yes, he clearly has the right to have that tool at his disposal, but it still makes me nervous that a human is openly carrying a device on his hip for killing other humans. That's the only thing it's made for, and it's here in the donut shop with me, on the hip of a guy who is willing to use it. Why the fuck should that ever, ever not be cause for concern?

« Reply #338 on: November 05, 2017, 07:10:32 PM »
I live in a large urban area and have no interest in owning a gun. I get that's it an American right, but I don't understand the mentality of those who own guns and hold that right above all others. There's a big lake/park near my house that the suburban open carry dudes always like to come to and protest. They genuinely creep me out.

Sounds like the shooter was a white dude in his early 20s who wore a bunch of black "tactical gear."

Total lone wolf, can't do anything to stop stuff like this.  ::)
野球

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #339 on: November 05, 2017, 07:15:01 PM »
there's a huge difference between being able to own a handgun and being able to own some videogame-level superweapon shit. there's no reason the latter should ever be allowed to held by a civilian, because there's nothing they can do with it besides kill a shitload of people.
pcp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #341 on: November 05, 2017, 08:36:00 PM »
America: Be prepared to die anywhere at anytime.
dog

ToxicAdam

« Reply #342 on: November 05, 2017, 08:36:56 PM »
i really believe that legalized suicide would prevent a lot of these mass shootings. These are just disassociated people that want to kill themselves and feel like taking people with them because they are angry at the world (which is why they choose places where people congregate and express joy).

Im just done with gun owners in general. You can get a handgun or a rifle, but that's it. Anything above and beyond that is taxed out of your asshole. If someone accidentally fires your weapon and injures another human, you lose your right to that weapon.

ToxicAdam

« Reply #343 on: November 05, 2017, 08:45:31 PM »

There was a story a month ago about a pastor who called the cops because a congregation member stood up during the service and started extolling the evils of public schooling. Some people gave the cops shit fir doing it and prosecuting the guy.

But stories like this show why you need to be cautious. Shame it's come to this.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #344 on: November 05, 2017, 08:47:47 PM »
Also legalized suicide would really help with the homeless problem.  And the elderly. 

Trurl

« Reply #345 on: November 05, 2017, 09:09:04 PM »
Yeah but it would decimate the retail labor force

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #346 on: November 06, 2017, 03:37:36 AM »
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 03:41:49 AM by filler »

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #347 on: November 06, 2017, 08:43:17 AM »
Chickity China the Chinese chicken. You take a drum stick and you leverage lax gun laws to massacre dozens of innocent people and maim dozens of others.
que

ToxicAdam

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #349 on: November 06, 2017, 09:36:23 AM »
So just an atheist that wanted to kill people who believed in God and a comment section saying he was antifa?  :thinking

My BS meter is tingling.
©ZH

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #350 on: November 06, 2017, 09:53:47 AM »
So just an atheist that wanted to kill people who believed in God and a comment section saying he was antifa?  :thinking

My BS meter is tingling.

Outlaw atheism, problem solved.
©@©™

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #351 on: November 06, 2017, 11:52:02 AM »
Got a text from a guy I sometimes go shooting with: "Only a month and yet another mass shooting. Seems like operation scare people to give up guns."  :doge  JFC

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #352 on: November 06, 2017, 11:55:57 AM »
America: Be prepared to die anywhere at anytime.

Me and Kara: Goddamn it, why can't we be at these churches...</Poor Joke>

« Reply #353 on: November 06, 2017, 12:05:48 PM »
Got a text from a guy I sometimes go shooting with: "Only a month and yet another mass shooting. Seems like operation scare people to give up guns."  :doge  JFC

I hope that was your response to him.
野球

TVC15

« Reply #354 on: November 06, 2017, 12:19:56 PM »
Yeah but it would decimate the retail labor force

Which reminds me, I had to go to a GameStop on Saturday :(
serge

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #355 on: November 06, 2017, 01:16:54 PM »
So, the Trump/GOP response now is that guns aren't the problem, mental health is the problem. Okay, fine, let's assume that's true. What are they doing about it? Oh, that's right, nothing. Actually, less than nothing, since mental healthcare and healthcare funding in general is being slashed.
dog

ToxicAdam

« Reply #356 on: November 06, 2017, 01:43:59 PM »
Just spending money doesn't solve problems. We've learned that lesson for decades now in numerous other social problems.

Instead, America needs to hyper-focus on the 16-24 year old male that is the most "at-risk" group in this country. The most susceptible to violent crime, because they have (much) of the pressures of adult life and little support to fall back on. They also have very little to lose and are often pushed out of the home without much guidance. This is also the time in people's life where mental illness like schizophrenia, anxiety, depression is likely to manifest itself and there is still a bit of a stigma surrounding that.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #357 on: November 06, 2017, 05:59:37 PM »

My response was that he sounded insane.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #358 on: November 06, 2017, 06:04:15 PM »

My response was that he sounded insane.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
Good for you! Just like casual racism, sexism, and homophobia, this kind of shit needs to be called out. The idea that it's OK with their friends, the 2017 back-assward freedom to spout fear and spread ignorance needs to be stemmed. They're free to say that shit, but we're free to counter their foolishness on our own.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #359 on: November 06, 2017, 06:19:07 PM »
Yup, people spout ignorance because they're used not called out on it.
que