Author Topic: It has been 4... 0 days since the last mass shooting official shooting thread  (Read 186293 times)

seagrams hotsauce

Re: It has been 4... 0 days since the last mass shooting official shooting thread
« Reply #480 on: February 16, 2018, 05:21:09 PM »
Sure, but good luck protecting yourself from the state with a gun ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is such a bad argument, like you’ve never heard of any war America has been involved in post WWII compounded with the fact that it  makes anyone says it sound like a giant fucking pussy.

Name a single instance where the state comes to your door to do something you consider illegal that you can talk your way out of with a gun.

And as long as we're taking cute little snips about who's pussy, here's a thought; I understand there are remote circumstances where arming yourself in a dangerous place is a reasonable safety measure but the vast amount of people I know who own a gun for "protection" are people who fear the world so much that they need to arm themselves and so hubristic that they think they'd somehow be the hero in a mass shooting scenario. That's some pussy shit for real to me.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 01:25:18 AM by seagrams hotsauce »

Mandark

• Icon
Re: It has been 4... 0 days since the last mass shooting official shooting thread
« Reply #481 on: February 16, 2018, 06:07:49 PM »
Sure, but good luck protecting yourself from the state with a gun ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is such a bad argument, like you’ve never heard of any war America has been involved in post WWII compounded with the fact that it  makes anyone says it sound like a giant fucking pussy.

Wait, are you using Vietnam and Iraq as models for American citizens to protect themselves from the police?

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
« Reply #482 on: February 16, 2018, 06:29:22 PM »

So, the script that emerged — a ''first draft'' Stallone has written with Art Monterastelli (The Hunted) — finds Rambo living a monastic lifestyle in Bangkok and salvaging old PT boats and tanks for scrap metal. (''It's like he's stripping himself down,'' says the actor, pensively. ''That old piece of military equipment.'') When a group of volunteers bringing supplies into Burma disappears, a relative of one of the missing missionaries begs Rambo to find them. He heads off with a team of young guns, a plot point required by the financiers, who wanted to hedge against Rambo's possible mono-generational appeal.
:{]

Corporal

« Reply #483 on: February 16, 2018, 08:53:17 PM »
Man, I started writing a snarky reply and ended up rambling. In the interest of showing what I normally discard when I'm staying silent, I've added it in spoiler tags below. Be glad I'm usually keeping myself constrained. The forum would end up drowning in huge vapid walls of text. Best to ignore it.

Anyway, let's just say I'd rather live in a world where at worst I had a small security beeper or whistle on my person, not carry a weapon for self defense. Normal run of the mill peeps should just live in peace, earn a modest living and consensually fornicate furiously with loved ones instead of bothering with the small stuff. That's what police and laws are for. We only have one life to live, so why waste it. We're no longer in the dark ages of humanity, even if we still have a long way to go (and despite our best efforts to devolve into Stone Age savages again).

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigh... It's the same old Spiel.

Shooting targets at the range: cool, why not. Loud, smelly, and really depends on who's running the joint. Still, kinda fun, especially if there's exotic weaponry to test or watch or when you can track your advancements. Doubly fun if there's a modest gambling/gaming aspect, with high score tables and punishments for whiffing and whatnot. That can be really fun. I'm more of a paintball/laser tag guy because why take a risk if you don't really need to (and harmlessly shooting guys in the groin is funny), but whatever. People willingly throw themselves out of planes with a flimsy piece of cloth attached to their backs, so... To each their own. Fun things are fun. Not gonna judge.

Hunting: if you eat or sell what you shoot, then OK. If you are responsible for a piece of land and need to do population control of pests, OK. Still hope you're gonna use the bodies for something, but it's not always possible. I completely lack empathy for those drive by shooters or "sport"/trophy hunters though. That's a life, you ass. If you have to kill, then at least give it meaning. And no, mounting their stuffed carcass on your wall and throwing away their meat isn't that.

Keeping a gun for self defense: eh. Frankly, when public safety is consistently so utterly terrible that you have to arm yourself and take matters in your own hands, then your government and society as a whole has failed you on a pretty fundamental level. Protest your local representative to pay, train and equip your police officers better, and lobby for more police officers on the streets and internal reviews to catch those so-called bad apples.
But OK, if you must, just lug around that chunk of metal, if it gives you peace of mind. Just make sure you follow all regulations, and that you actually have it at the ready instead of hidden away somehwere. No baddie is gonna wait for you to dig through your trousers or waddle over to the ugly (and thus hidden away) gun safe. And honestly, if you miss and hit an innocent, then that's entirely on you, so you better have insurance or a fat bank account. The baddie is likely broke as fuck, so no dice there. At that point nobody is gonna care who started it.

Keeping a gun to defend your country from external threats, or defend yourself against your country in case of bad gubbermint...: Especially if you have no proper training and aren't part of some organised corps... I'm sorry, but are you overdosing on Hollywood movies? Have you looked at what even a third rate potato army has at their disposal nowadays. It didn't work when we Germans tried the Volkssturm, it didn't work when ISIS and all the other terrorist organisations got their asses kicked all the way through the Middle East, so why would it suddenly work now. Civilians in a war are not actors. They're background noise while the big guys duke it out.
These are trained professionals with a nigh-unlimited supply and support infrastructure, and they are using equipment that can liquefy your innards far more efficiently and quickly than you can ever hope to, even if you were to start guzzling bleach right now. What the fuck are you gonna do against an APC, tank or heli? Hope the crew will laugh themselves to death when you plink at them with your Glock? Absolute best case is you will annoy them a bit before they step on the gas and squish you into a pancake.
Heck, just group up with a couple of like-minded fighters and see how your ragtag bunch of heroes will fare against an ordinary squad. And how long it takes until the kiddie gloves are off and the big metal is called into action, even if you unexpectedly manage to survive an encounter or two.
Also, have fun with your non-resistance life from then on, e.g. reaching into your clothes to grab identification papers when asked for them at a checkpoint. You think US police are trigger happy now, wait until it's all soldiers with orders to catch insurgents instead and a bunch of wounded back at the base. Loads of civvies are gonna be made into sieves in a shoot first ask questions later precautionary manner.

Also, why crash the blowjob-to-MRE exchange rate. Face it, the supply situation is gonna be bad. It's a war after all. The only ones with a somewhat stable supply of resources will be in either army. If the civvies are perceived as constant threat, they will be dealt with mercilessly. If they cooperate and are just minding their own business in between bouts of shouting and star(v)ing, they might even be able to nab a handsome high ranking soldier and live the high life, maybe spy a bit on the side if that's your kind of thing. Worked pretty well in post-WW2 Germany. Loads of us Krauts even found their partner for life. Well, some. The rest just squirted out some bastard kids and went on with their lives. Still, it put food on the table, cigarettes in the mouths, and chocolates into the kids. Give and take.

So yeah. I don't understand this me against the world stuff. The world is big. You stand no chance in a 1:1 fight. Also, it's never gonna be a fair 1:1 fight anyway. Life's a bitch.

I fully support learning to shoot. It's just like swimming. Or driving. Or reading. Or maths. Foreign languages. Whatever. You never know when you are going to need it. So yeah. Take a gun, learn how to shoot it, how to maintain it, how to carry it. Learn all the useful little tidbits. Just in case. But after that, discard it and continue living your life without any delusions of grandeur. Also, train yourself and learn some self defense. That's always useful. Knowing when to run and when (and how) to deliver a hit to the groin of your opponent is an important skill.
[close]
!list

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #484 on: February 17, 2018, 12:00:47 AM »
One of the things that really affected the paradigm through which I view the world was learning that during the initial urbanization of Europe urban crime rates were actually lower than rural ones, which contradicted the common assumption that crowding leads to an increase in crime. What had happened was that knights and nobility etc. created a culture which decreased violence and increased trust. If you read the literature it was not uncommon at all for people in agrarian areas, even women and young children, to carry a knife with them wherever they went, while they ate, just constantly. Imagine living like that today. What this taught me was that societies really can evolve and develop in positive ways that depend on everyone cooperating. So I don't believe anyone who says nothing will ever change, this is the way it is, etc.
每天生气

etiolate

« Reply #485 on: February 17, 2018, 12:41:59 AM »
In relation to that:

Theories of crime that point to poverty and racism have the advantage of explaining why low-income groups predominate when it comes to violent crime. What they really explain, though, is why more affluent groups refrain from such crime. And the answer is that middle-class people (regardless of race) stand to lose a great deal from such behavior. Wisely, more affluent people go to law and seek other nonviolent methods to resolve interpersonal conflicts. Poor people, and especially young, male poor people, do not. Their perceived stake in the established order is tenuous.

The cultural explanation for violence is superior to explanations that rest of poverty or racism, however, because it can account for the differentials in the violent-crime rates of groups with comparable adversities. My favorite illustration of this is the Haitian situation in 1980s Miami. Here was a group of black people coming to the U.S. illegally in makeshift boats. They had a brutal history of slavery, and were illiterate in English, impoverished, and unwelcome. Yet their violent-crime rates were much lower than those of African Americans living in the same city in the same time period. If cultural differences don’t explain this, then what does?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/06/the-cultural-roots-of-crime/487583/

Idea being that the Europeans that settle the south were much different types of people than the north, southern settlers being more aristocratic and honor bound. (Big mansions, slave workers, "gentlemanly") And that culture got imprinted onto the slave descendants.

Southern Violent Crime rates in 2012.  Also relevant: the south feels like a different country still to this day.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #486 on: February 17, 2018, 12:50:35 AM »
No good arguementd will convince people that are afraid to give up their guns as their real motive is not safety but a feeling of safety (or maybe feeling powerless).

Its not a rational thing like lets say telling someone to stop eating junk food and eat healthy to lose weight, people will listen and understand this (even though they might not act on it)

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #487 on: February 17, 2018, 12:59:25 AM »
Just saying there is no rational arguement that can be made to Cindi (or other gun people) to change her mind as the insecurity is coming from somewhere else.

Himu

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #489 on: February 17, 2018, 02:58:11 AM »
https://www.americamagazine.org/faith/2018/02/16/spiritual-lessons-school-shooting-ash-wednesday

Spiritual lessons to impart from this tragedy that occurred on Ash Wednesday.

Just saying there is no rational arguement that can be made to Cindi (or other gun people) to change her mind as the insecurity is coming from somewhere else.

I am perfectly rational. I told you why I do not trust the state last page. Whether you disagree or not, my reasoning is definitely rational. The only person you have to reliably defend your own life is yourself.
IYKYK

shosta

每天生气

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #491 on: February 17, 2018, 03:10:55 AM »
I am perfectly rational. I told you why I do not trust the state last page. Whether you disagree or not, my reasoning is definitely rational. The only person you have to reliably defend your own life is yourself.

You just endorsed a blog post saying public schools should work with the police in investigating and taking preemptive action towards students.

Himu

« Reply #492 on: February 17, 2018, 03:12:00 AM »
Please tell me why gun ownership is irrational then. Have you ever fired a gun? Have you ever touched one?
IYKYK

shosta

« Reply #493 on: February 17, 2018, 03:15:37 AM »
It's not gun ownership that's irrational, it's you. I don't trust you with a gun. You are an unstable person and you will either hurt yourself or someone else. Do you remember those suicide posts you made back in December? The biggest danger to you right now isn't the state, or imaginary people out to get you, it's you.
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #494 on: February 17, 2018, 03:18:06 AM »

You just endorsed a blog post saying public schools should work with the police in investigating and taking preemptive action towards students.

I’m not seeing the contradiction. We of course need some state control or else we would fall into a lawless land. I’m all for it. The state (FBI) also ignored a warning. Essentially, the state is not reliable. Putting your entire faith into is distinguished mentally-challenged. But that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t exist or that it shouldn’t work with the people in any sort of manner. I’m not anti-statist; I just reasonable doubt towards it.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #495 on: February 17, 2018, 03:21:19 AM »
It's not gun ownership that's irrational, it's you. I don't trust you with a gun. You are an unstable person and you will either hurt yourself or someone else. Do you remember those suicide posts you made back in December? The biggest danger to you right now isn't the state, or imaginary people out to get you, it's you.

That’s the price of being a cheeseburger and having depression. I must battle suicidal ideation while also valuing personal safety which I refuse to give up. At least I don’t live in some European nation or Canada where they ban any means of self defense.
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon

Himu

« Reply #497 on: February 17, 2018, 03:25:38 AM »
Also, unstable lol

I’m pretty stable rn.

And me hurting anyone? Wut
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #498 on: February 17, 2018, 03:38:12 AM »

Wait, are you using Vietnam and Iraq as models for American citizens to protect themselves from the police?

Would actually like to hear your answer on this.

Related question: do you think private citizens should be able to arm themselves to a degree that it deters the state from interfering with them?

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #499 on: February 17, 2018, 03:44:08 AM »
At least I don’t live in some European nation or Canada where they ban any means of self defense.

And that, coincidentally, have far lower murder rates. Crazy, I know.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #500 on: February 17, 2018, 05:14:18 AM »
Double post

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #501 on: February 17, 2018, 05:16:11 AM »
Also, unstable lol

I’m pretty stable rn.

And me hurting anyone? Wut

That’s the price of being a cheeseburger and having depression. I must battle suicidal ideation while also valuing personal safety which I refuse to give up. At least I don’t live in some European nation or Canada where they ban any means of self defense.

So no suicide posts for over a month and you think you are “pretty stable”

Cheque please

paprikastaude

« Reply #502 on: February 17, 2018, 05:47:50 AM »
At least I don’t live in some European nation or Canada where they ban any means of self defense.

Hey man, if I had to count all the times I needed self defense, I wouldn't even need hands!

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #503 on: February 17, 2018, 08:34:20 AM »

Think that you're safer living in America than Canada because America lets you walk around with your security blanket shiny gun, brehs.  :neogaf :mindblown
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 08:38:34 AM by Boogie »
MMA

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #504 on: February 17, 2018, 08:45:19 AM »
For the US removing guns from the streets at this point would be a disaster.

A lot of people will say: "Enough is enough, I comply with the law and deliver my guns to the authorities" and that is the sensible position.
But the bad guys and lunatics won't. So you'd have the sane people disarmed and the thugs and #infowars crazies running around with the guns still.

When Hitler or Stalin took the guns, they took some hunting rifles and medieval pistols.
US gun nuts are armed to the teeth. You'd have gun battles with the FBI in broad daylight to try and take the guns with Alex Jones on the radio telling the patriots to hang on.

Also Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump would oversee the process of taking away the guns. I imagine they'll start confiscating in Chicago.  :doge
🤴

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #505 on: February 17, 2018, 09:42:12 AM »

Think that you're safer living in America than Canada because America lets you walk around with your security blanket shiny gun, brehs.  :neogaf :mindblown

But Cindi feels more secure despite all evidence being Canada is safer

100% rational

Himu

« Reply #506 on: February 17, 2018, 11:47:22 AM »
Lots of inclusivity here. :doge

Said by....a man.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3018215/canadas-family-violence-rates-are-staggering-says-new-report/
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/11/05/national/media-national/dubious-cost-sexual-assault-japan/
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-japan-rape/little-sympathy-for-rape-victims-in-japan-idUST17815620070515
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/sep/05/violent-crimes-against-women-in-england-and-wales-reach-record-high

It’s funny. My main argument for firearms thus far has been self defense and the reason I came to that conclusion was through the very thing that Triumph used as a point of comparison to me: Jiu Jitsu. Training Jiu Jitsu opened my eyes to how truly vulnerable a person is. I am 5’5 and would regularly be put into situations where I had a man twice my height and size laying on top of me incapable of doing anything. I was thrust into simulations and would lose and become humbled three to four times a week. The most eye opening part came when I did my first competition and the feeling of fight or flight and the blur of two people fighting for dominance. Not a real fight, certainly. But real enough. Realizing how weak we really are - even men - I change my mind on self defense. A scuffle is the literal last place you want to be in. Even after becoming trained in my art I still feel that way. But more than that, it made me realize how vulnerable a woman is. Any female grappler needs technique rather than strength and although I was born male, my body is far more female than male due to its size. The only logical conclusion I could come to was self defense for the woman - in the form of a weapon.

In America, I am granted the ability to use a weapon for self defense when it is justifiable in the name of the law. That is empowerment. That is not a self made delusion. It is a not a false sense of security.

The women who are victims in the articles above cannot use weapons for self defense. Not only are guns banned, so are pepper spray as well as knives. In these countries women are victims and lack any kind of autonomy for self defense. This is not speculation but fact. Japan takes the action of rape very lightly and very few women feel it right to come forward. These women lack any kind of self defense beyond running away. To be fair, running away is the best self defense. But not all cases will allow that and certainly relying on it without a backup plan is naive at best. In those cases, a woman has the right to defend her life. Any human does. This is a basic human right. In the talk of weapon banning this point is almost never considered. You have a group of people of people who wank themselves over #metoo but are also willing to take away defense rights of the most vulnerable of society due to emotional appeals. To be granted, mass murders are pretty good reasons to listen and appeal to that place in our hearts. But maybe banning things isn’t always the answer. Every action has a double effect. Although Japan banning swords and knives has lowered that kind of crime, it also takes another method of defense away from women who are also prone to being raped.

Liberals and progressives say that they want to protect people but very often in their policies it actually results in people being further victimized. A good example would be the war on drugs. The drug war was proposed by black democratic leaders to clean up drugs from black neighborhoods and look at the drug war and how it affects black people now. Such is the poison of bans, laws, and emotion appeal. Liberalism and progressivism are failures.

You can not refute this so you attack my character and laugh at me. But that’s okay, because I’m American and can legally defend myself rather place trust in the powers that be.

Lager asked what happened to society in another thread. Maybe because you no longer believe a human has the dignity to defend their own life for a perceived notion of safety?
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #507 on: February 17, 2018, 11:55:02 AM »
Actually wanting a gun to protect yourself from perceived (not real) threats would be in line with the pussification I was talking about.

The world has never been safer then now in the first world where most of us live.

Himu

« Reply #508 on: February 17, 2018, 11:58:31 AM »
I forgot to mention how much privilege someone has to be to feel that the mere idea of self defense as passé.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #509 on: February 17, 2018, 12:02:40 PM »
Straight from the Canada stats link.

Women are more likely than men to be killed by their spouse or partner.

Let’s ban all form of self defense to stop mass murders. The delusion of leftism.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #510 on: February 17, 2018, 12:10:58 PM »
"Ban all form of self defense"

Yeah I don't think anyone's outlawing karate anytime soon, love.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #511 on: February 17, 2018, 12:13:30 PM »

Would actually like to hear your answer on this.

Related question: do you think private citizens should be able to arm themselves to a degree that it deters the state from interfering with them?

Waiting.

agrajag

« Reply #512 on: February 17, 2018, 12:14:52 PM »
Has self defense been shown to be effective in stopping mass murderers?  :thinking

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/11/6/16612014/sutherland-springs-shooting-good-guy-gun

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #513 on: February 17, 2018, 12:16:00 PM »
Wow no one that is normal and in a normal relationship is worried about getting murdered by their partner   :lol

You think normal people in relationships want guns because thats a stat? Come on Cindi

agrajag

« Reply #514 on: February 17, 2018, 12:17:47 PM »
If all wives were armed, I would worry about the murders of husbands shooting way up.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #515 on: February 17, 2018, 12:20:11 PM »
Imagine being so paranoid you want a gun to protect yourself from the one person you share your life with

Like if that is how you feel about life :(

I feel for you :(

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #516 on: February 17, 2018, 12:28:22 PM »
Husbands and boyfriends are far and away the biggest killers of women. Being scared of that general prospect is real.

Knowing some people who have escaped abusive relationships, I'm verrrrry skeptical that owning a gun would have prevented any of those situations.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #517 on: February 17, 2018, 12:33:37 PM »
Sure but what is the number one cause of death among young males? Suicide.

And Cindi should be more worried about preventing that then a fictionisl abusive relationship or the lgbt holocaust

Tasty

« Reply #518 on: February 17, 2018, 12:35:18 PM »
Imagine being so paranoid you want a gun to protect yourself from the one person you share your life with

Like if that is how you feel about life :(

I feel for you :(

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #519 on: February 17, 2018, 12:36:04 PM »
That movie was great

paprikastaude

« Reply #520 on: February 17, 2018, 12:42:56 PM »
If only rape victims had a gun when they were unkowingly drugged in a club, so they could....?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 12:47:25 PM by Spieler1 »

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #521 on: February 17, 2018, 01:31:22 PM »
When Hitler or Stalin took the guns, they took some hunting rifles and medieval pistols.

Gun control in Germany predated the Nazi rise to power and after that it became easier to own anything other than a handgun.

BTW it rules that you sailed bad historiography and soft Holocaust denial past the mob unchallenged.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #522 on: February 17, 2018, 01:34:34 PM »
what rules is that he lured you out  :-*

I didnt bother replying

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #523 on: February 17, 2018, 01:45:35 PM »

I didnt bother replying

This isn't someone making the Ben Shapiro is stupid and owns one shirt thread about how Charles "I got arrested for burning a cross and wrote a book that cited Mankind Quarterly" Murray isn't racist, and the current tone of this thread is nothing if not inquisitorial.

« Reply #524 on: February 17, 2018, 01:56:42 PM »
I can say, personally, when the military kicks in my door I'll be prepared to defend myself by thoroughly shitting my pants and crying. Like everyone else in this thread, regardless of whether they know it or not.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #525 on: February 17, 2018, 01:58:07 PM »

I didnt bother replying

This isn't someone making the Ben Shapiro is stupid and owns one shirt thread about how Charles "I got arrested for burning a cross and wrote a book that cited Mankind Quarterly" Murray isn't racist, and the current tone of this thread is nothing if not inquisitorial.

Is it? Cindi is just getting called out on facts (like gun ownership leading to safety) not on opinions (i should have the right to defend myself) and its being linked to her general behaviour and menta state which she shares here

If anythinh I think everyone here would love to see her in a place where she feels like she doesnt need to have a handgun and have a normal life without drama

Kara

« Reply #526 on: February 17, 2018, 02:42:57 PM »
Is it? Cindi is just getting called out on facts (like gun ownership leading to safety) not on opinions (i should have the right to defend myself) and its being linked to her general behaviour and menta state which she shares here

If anythinh I think everyone here would love to see her in a place where she feels like she doesnt need to have a handgun and have a normal life without drama

Cindi has been Cindi so long that her enthusiastic embrace for the dialectic of life is an old meme on this forum. (Only 20XX Bore kids will remember that splash page.) In that time she hasn't gone postal yet there are posts like this trying to insinuate she's primed to go off. That's not just calling someone out, and it's not particularly fact-based discussion either.

Newer posters don't know any better so I don't begrudge them for introducing this line of discussion but the old guard here doesn't have that same excuse and should not be excused.

Tasty

« Reply #527 on: February 17, 2018, 02:46:53 PM »
Yeah despite disagreeing with her, I'm not OK with you guys slagging on Cindi like this. Keep it civil.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #528 on: February 17, 2018, 03:06:16 PM »
Lots of inclusivity here. :doge

Said by....a man.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3018215/canadas-family-violence-rates-are-staggering-says-new-report/
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/11/05/national/media-national/dubious-cost-sexual-assault-japan/
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-japan-rape/little-sympathy-for-rape-victims-in-japan-idUST17815620070515
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/sep/05/violent-crimes-against-women-in-england-and-wales-reach-record-high

It’s funny. My main argument for firearms thus far has been self defense and the reason I came to that conclusion was through the very thing that Triumph used as a point of comparison to me: Jiu Jitsu. Training Jiu Jitsu opened my eyes to how truly vulnerable a person is. I am 5’5 and would regularly be put into situations where I had a man twice my height and size laying on top of me incapable of doing anything. I was thrust into simulations and would lose and become humbled three to four times a week. The most eye opening part came when I did my first competition and the feeling of fight or flight and the blur of two people fighting for dominance. Not a real fight, certainly. But real enough. Realizing how weak we really are - even men - I change my mind on self defense. A scuffle is the literal last place you want to be in. Even after becoming trained in my art I still feel that way. But more than that, it made me realize how vulnerable a woman is. Any female grappler needs technique rather than strength and although I was born male, my body is far more female than male due to its size. The only logical conclusion I could come to was self defense for the woman - in the form of a weapon.

In America, I am granted the ability to use a weapon for self defense when it is justifiable in the name of the law. That is empowerment. That is not a self made delusion. It is a not a false sense of security.

The women who are victims in the articles above cannot use weapons for self defense. Not only are guns banned, so are pepper spray as well as knives. In these countries women are victims and lack any kind of autonomy for self defense. This is not speculation but fact. Japan takes the action of rape very lightly and very few women feel it right to come forward. These women lack any kind of self defense beyond running away. To be fair, running away is the best self defense. But not all cases will allow that and certainly relying on it without a backup plan is naive at best. In those cases, a woman has the right to defend her life. Any human does. This is a basic human right. In the talk of weapon banning this point is almost never considered. You have a group of people of people who wank themselves over #metoo but are also willing to take away defense rights of the most vulnerable of society due to emotional appeals. To be granted, mass murders are pretty good reasons to listen and appeal to that place in our hearts. But maybe banning things isn’t always the answer. Every action has a double effect. Although Japan banning swords and knives has lowered that kind of crime, it also takes another method of defense away from women who are also prone to being raped.

Liberals and progressives say that they want to protect people but very often in their policies it actually results in people being further victimized. A good example would be the war on drugs. The drug war was proposed by black democratic leaders to clean up drugs from black neighborhoods and look at the drug war and how it affects black people now. Such is the poison of bans, laws, and emotion appeal. Liberalism and progressivism are failures.

You can not refute this so you attack my character and laugh at me. But that’s okay, because I’m American and can legally defend myself rather place trust in the powers that be.

Lager asked what happened to society in another thread. Maybe because you no longer believe a human has the dignity to defend their own life for a perceived notion of safety?

What the fuck does this have to do with murder rates being at the very least 3 times higher in the US than for any of those countries you listed other crimes for :lol

Care to provide the same stats for the US by the way? I notice you conveniently left it out your list.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #529 on: February 17, 2018, 03:47:45 PM »
Maybe you are right Kara, idk.

Lets drop this and focus on Taco Bell.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #530 on: February 17, 2018, 04:14:55 PM »
Holy shit this topic dragged Esch out of the void

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #531 on: February 17, 2018, 04:17:23 PM »
Knives aren't banned in Canada, not sure why you've been banging that drum for the past few days.  ???

Also, clearly guns are the solution to violence against women, as clearly demonstrated by America's lower level of violent crime......oh wait.

MMA

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #532 on: February 17, 2018, 04:19:35 PM »

I just found out a couple weeks ago that this famous newsfeed quote was from Esch. I would have bet everything on this planet that it was Green Shinobi (pbuh).

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #533 on: February 17, 2018, 04:29:29 PM »
I'm not going to speculate on someone's mental health on the Bore, but to be fair there is a long history of Drake-esque wave jumping with Cindi. That's my girl but I've been on record about this before, I've even discussed it in private with her.

I support self defense with guns, I have no problem with people owning, and I've advocated for more black people to own guns before. I'm not going to shit on a trans woman for having a gun for self defense. But despite both of those stances...having a gun doesn't really make you safer. If it makes you FEEL safer that's one thing, but there are plenty of statistics on this topic. To go further, any Good Guy With A Gun fantasies are just that: fantasies and ducktales from people who tend to be loud cowards who wouldn't do shit if it came time to act.

And in terms of taking on the state...nope. You may be able to ambush a cop, but going after the US military or SWAT tend to be bad ideas. If the time came, your guns would be useless and you'd end up dead or in prison. Whereas I would survive by posing as a black pro-fascist who absolves white people of their racial guilt. And I'm turning in all you niccas first.
 :umad

Himu

« Reply #534 on: February 17, 2018, 05:06:30 PM »
Fuck y’all.
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #535 on: February 17, 2018, 05:19:02 PM »
I find the idea this place can argue without getting personal to be adorable.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #536 on: February 17, 2018, 06:03:57 PM »
I find the idea this place can argue without getting personal to be adorable.

:thinking
dog

Tasty

« Reply #537 on: February 17, 2018, 06:19:26 PM »

I just found out a couple weeks ago that this famous newsfeed quote was from Esch. I would have bet everything on this planet that it was Green Shinobi (pbuh).

Memories~

I was pretty sure it was Triumph. :lol

ESCH! :bolo

agrajag

« Reply #538 on: February 17, 2018, 06:25:37 PM »
That Chinese stabbing massacre from 2014 is all over my facebook fddd  :lol

shosta

« Reply #539 on: February 17, 2018, 06:26:54 PM »
Cindi has been Cindi so long that her enthusiastic embrace for the dialectic of life is an old meme on this forum. (Only 20XX Bore kids will remember that splash page.) In that time she hasn't gone postal yet there are posts like this trying to insinuate she's primed to go off. That's not just calling someone out, and it's not particularly fact-based discussion either.

Newer posters don't know any better so I don't begrudge them for introducing this line of discussion but the old guard here doesn't have that same excuse and should not be excused.
So you know she's been like this for a long time and then intentionally tell other people not to point it out even though it's normal socialization and even considerate. Isn't that a dangerous form of enabling?
每天生气