Author Topic: It has been 4... 0 days since the last mass shooting official shooting thread  (Read 187620 times)

agrajag

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
yo have you guys seen black panther?  it's so powerful yo. it's so culturally relevant... can someone give me an interpretation of all it's symbolism? it's too dense for me.

seagrams hotsauce

yeah who views art for insights on the human condition, lol @ you dummies reading into anything beyond the most surface level haha

Mandark

• Icon
In the thread dedicated to when people are randomly slaughtered by gunfire, I feel there are things other than other people's enjoyment of pop culture to get worked up over.

Just sayin'!

edit: before I'd seen the news, I saw a Tweet that referenced today's shooting, and I couldn't figure out if they meant there had been a new one, or if this was one of the "smaller" incidents that had just sort of blended in with the rest. Not great!

agrajag

Hey man, take it up with the guy who can't help but reeee when he sees a shirtless black man

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
yeah who views art for insights on the human condition, lol @ you dummies reading into anything beyond the most surface level haha
People that have half a fucking brain. Art is there to entertain, to inspire, not to gain some type of deep meaningful understanding of, well, anything.

That's why as you go up the IQ ladder music becomes more about complex patterns and arrangements and less about some dumbass spitting rhymes at you.

Hey man, take it up with the guy who can't help but reeee when he sees a shirtless black man
If you must know it was actually his big nipples that made me feel uneasy. Nothing to do with him being black

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
People that have half a fucking brain. Art is there to entertain, to inspire, not to gain some type of deep meaningful understanding of, well, anything.

That's why as you go up the IQ ladder music becomes more about complex patterns and arrangements and less about some dumbass spitting rhymes at you.

If you must know it was actually his big nipples that made me feel uneasy. Nothing to do with him being black

this might be one of the worst takes you've ever had
püp

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*

this might be one of the worst takes you've ever had
I really should change "art" to music. Art can encompass a lot of things.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
i dunno, praying obviously isn't gonna do shit but i think bringing a gun to a place where a bunch of kids just got shot is considerably dumber and more insensitive than the defacto american 'thoughts and prayers' response

At least it's a step up from this idiot:

edit: before I'd seen the news, I saw a Tweet that referenced today's shooting, and I couldn't figure out if they meant there had been a new one, or if this was one of the "smaller" incidents that had just sort of blended in with the rest. Not great!

I just can't get myself about mass shootings anymore, there's nothing I can do about them and our lawmakers can't even agree on simple gun control measures so it's not going to stop anytime soon. Apparently the one today is the 22nd school shooting this year, ffs.

seagrams hotsauce

please tell us more about this musical IQ ladder

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Right wrongers will say teachers need to be armed, but did that help the jedi when order 66 was issued?

Nola

:thinking :thinking :thinking

are you really that obtuse

It initially crossed my mind that his brain just registered a black guy dancing in confederate pants with exaggerated minstrel moves/expressions and it triggered him so he immediately closed the video. Since he responded a minute after I edited the video in.

....But on reflection that seems just as likely.

The funny thing is that parts of CG's video could be interpreted as a critique of black communities, so even Ass could find something he agrees with in it. But he's probably too dense/triggered to watch it all the way through.
no you imbecile i just don't care. i don't need to gain cultural insights from a rap artist. frankly, i don't need to gain any political or societal insights from an artist. 99% of the time they're dumb emotional twats that don't know anything. fuck, you guys feed too much off pop culture.

You seem really triggered at the casual inclusion of a music video that simply shared some themes and visual elucidation to what was being demonstrated in the accompanying tweet I posted. lol

No one was demanding you watch it, let alone expect it to transmute a person’s worldview...Though had you not gotten triggered in the first 5 seconds because of black nipples and this reactionary thinking, you might of found something to like with regards to the bold.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
right now I'm mostly annoyed that Nola always responds to the people I have on ignore, so I end up seeing their posts anyway
每天生气

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*

:thinking :thinking :thinking

are you really that obtuse

It initially crossed my mind that his brain just registered a black guy dancing in confederate pants with exaggerated minstrel moves/expressions and it triggered him so he immediately closed the video. Since he responded a minute after I edited the video in.

....But on reflection that seems just as likely.

The funny thing is that parts of CG's video could be interpreted as a critique of black communities, so even Ass could find something he agrees with in it. But he's probably too dense/triggered to watch it all the way through.
no you imbecile i just don't care. i don't need to gain cultural insights from a rap artist. frankly, i don't need to gain any political or societal insights from an artist. 99% of the time they're dumb emotional twats that don't know anything. fuck, you guys feed too much off pop culture.

You seem really triggered at the casual inclusion of a music video that simply shared some themes and visual elucidation to what was being demonstrated in the accompanying tweet I posted. lol

No one was demanding you watch it, let alone expect it to transmute a person’s worldview...Though had you not gotten triggered in the first 5 seconds because of black nipples and this reactionary thinking, you might of found something to like with regards to the bold.

You're the type of person I figured would derive a lot of meaning from shitty hip hop music.

Boredfrom

do you have no shame?

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
do you have no shame?

Trolls/shitty people never do.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Getting rid of all the doors is a fine idea...until the school catches on fire and all the kids burn to death because the one entrance was blocked.
dog

zomgee

• We've *all*
Or the guy shoots up the door and has now eliminated the egress from the place.

Like Sandy Hook.
rub

shosta

The highschool I went to was not one single building so that wouldn't work, anyway. Yesterday I heard some well-meaning but mentally dilapidated hag opine that the solution was to put metal detectors at the entrance of every school. She also said, "Inner cities already do this, so why not do it everywhere? All schools matter." Woe betide anyone who thinks this.
每天生气

Mandark

• Icon
Getting rid of all the doors is a fine idea...until the school catches on fire and all the kids burn to death because the one entrance was blocked.

I read somewhere last year that school designs and safety protocols were shifting their emphasis from fire safety to dealing with a shooter, which was fairly depressing.

Nola

Or the guy shoots up the door and has now eliminated the egress from the place.

Like Sandy Hook.

So then you just need to put in some perimeter fencing with a singular gated entrance. You also don’t want anyone climbing over or trying to cut through, so maybe line it with barbed wire and install strategic guard towers to monitor any activity.

You probably want some additional deterrence as well so shooters know you mean business, so you need to arm those guards.

shosta

and land mines, which simultaneously solves truancy
每天生气

seagrams hotsauce

So what happens to all this door talk when the next time the kid pulls a We Need To Talk About Kevin?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
beak talk>door talk

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Everything but firearm access is the problem in these mass deaths involving firearms, right.
Hi

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Everything but firearm access is the problem in these mass deaths involving firearms, right.

I've tried nothing and I'm all out of ideas. American motto.

Nola

That is incredibly depressing on so many levels.

Nola

That is incredibly depressing on so many levels.

I guess on the only positive note, that guy's Gofundme has blown past his goal and is still climbing.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
https://www.frc.org/updatearticle/20180521/santa-fe
Now, as the first bodies of those eight students and two teachers are laid to rest, America returns to the question burned on everyone's mind: why? Angry outsiders demand gun control. Others lay the blame at the feet of the NRA. And while the rest of the country debates what our country could have done differently, Texas's top officials try to return the conversation back to the heart of the problem -- the heart. "We have devalued life in this country," Lt. Governor Dan Patrick said plainly. "We threw God out of school... We have families that are broken apart, no fathers at home. We have incredible heinous violence as a [video] game, two hours a day in front of their eyes. And we stand here and we wonder why this happens to certain students."

In Sunday services across Texas, teary parents seemed to have the same response. At Arcadia First Baptist Church, one grandmother's eyes welled up just thinking about her grandson, who was supposed to be in the art room where the shooting started. "We need God back in our schools," she said. For Santa Fe, where students still pray before football games and some teachers still hold lunchtime Bible studies, "thoughts and prayers" aren't throwaway words when heartbreak strikes. They're a way of life. "This is not," Patrick insisted, "about guns. This is about us, as a culture and a nation. Who are we?"

Who we are is a broken country in dire need of the God we keep pushing away. "The world has never been a nice place," Matt Walsh pointed out the Daily Wire, "but it got quite a bit meaner when we abandoned religion. That is no coincidence." It's human nature to want to blame something, but the problem has never been guns. Are there policies we could strengthen? Absolutely. But mankind has had instruments of destruction dating back to Cain and Abel. The real crisis is the moral vacuum left behind when society kicked religion -- and with it, morality -- out of the public space. Violence, relativism, promiscuity, and suicide didn't get their start when God was expelled from school. But they've certainly been given a culture in which to thrive now that we've removed the Judeo-Christian foundation that anchored the country. Walsh warned:

"The nightmare we have lived since the turn of the previous century has been the direct result of the world's rejection of God. We fled from His embrace and what we found out here in the wilderness, in our 'freedom,' is evil and despair on an unimaginable scale. We have become an empty country, an empty generation, an empty world. 'They withdrew from me, went after emptiness, and became empty themselves,' God says through the Prophet Jeremiah. He speaks as much to us as He spoke to the people of Jeremiah's time."

Of course, some liberals don't want to have a discussion about the underlying problem, because it would mean acknowledging the fallen nature of man. That, not stricter gun laws, is what's keeping us from finding real solutions as a nation. We can talk about limiting access to guns, but if we're truly concerned about violence, let's also talk about expanding access to God. Until we're willing to address both -- the instrument and the motivation – nothing will change. A spiritually sick society that embraces violence instead of values needs God.

Maybe a community as deeply sincere about their faith as Santa Fe can help the nation understand that. Looking across the rows of empty school chairs, they know better than anyone -- Guns don't steer men wrong, hearts do.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
https://www.frc.org/updatearticle/20180521/santa-fe
Now, as the first bodies of those eight students and two teachers are laid to rest, America returns to the question burned on everyone's mind: why? Angry outsiders demand gun control. Others lay the blame at the feet of the NRA. And while the rest of the country debates what our country could have done differently, Texas's top officials try to return the conversation back to the heart of the problem -- the heart. "We have devalued life in this country," Lt. Governor Dan Patrick said plainly. "We threw God out of school... We have families that are broken apart, no fathers at home. We have incredible heinous violence as a [video] game, two hours a day in front of their eyes. And we stand here and we wonder why this happens to certain students."

In Sunday services across Texas, teary parents seemed to have the same response. At Arcadia First Baptist Church, one grandmother's eyes welled up just thinking about her grandson, who was supposed to be in the art room where the shooting started. "We need God back in our schools," she said. For Santa Fe, where students still pray before football games and some teachers still hold lunchtime Bible studies, "thoughts and prayers" aren't throwaway words when heartbreak strikes. They're a way of life. "This is not," Patrick insisted, "about guns. This is about us, as a culture and a nation. Who are we?"

Who we are is a broken country in dire need of the God we keep pushing away. "The world has never been a nice place," Matt Walsh pointed out the Daily Wire, "but it got quite a bit meaner when we abandoned religion. That is no coincidence." It's human nature to want to blame something, but the problem has never been guns. Are there policies we could strengthen? Absolutely. But mankind has had instruments of destruction dating back to Cain and Abel. The real crisis is the moral vacuum left behind when society kicked religion -- and with it, morality -- out of the public space. Violence, relativism, promiscuity, and suicide didn't get their start when God was expelled from school. But they've certainly been given a culture in which to thrive now that we've removed the Judeo-Christian foundation that anchored the country. Walsh warned:

"The nightmare we have lived since the turn of the previous century has been the direct result of the world's rejection of God. We fled from His embrace and what we found out here in the wilderness, in our 'freedom,' is evil and despair on an unimaginable scale. We have become an empty country, an empty generation, an empty world. 'They withdrew from me, went after emptiness, and became empty themselves,' God says through the Prophet Jeremiah. He speaks as much to us as He spoke to the people of Jeremiah's time."

Of course, some liberals don't want to have a discussion about the underlying problem, because it would mean acknowledging the fallen nature of man. That, not stricter gun laws, is what's keeping us from finding real solutions as a nation. We can talk about limiting access to guns, but if we're truly concerned about violence, let's also talk about expanding access to God. Until we're willing to address both -- the instrument and the motivation – nothing will change. A spiritually sick society that embraces violence instead of values needs God.

Maybe a community as deeply sincere about their faith as Santa Fe can help the nation understand that. Looking across the rows of empty school chairs, they know better than anyone -- Guns don't steer men wrong, hearts do.

What a bunch of bullshit.
©ZH

agrajag

Ah yes, let's go back to the good ol days when the value of human life was held in high regard.

When was that again?

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Complains about the lack of god in people.

Supports the deportation of thousands of families.
©ZH

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
There's an old EconTalk podcast (I listen to EconTalk, yes) about why nations fail and the argument presented in the episode is that leaders know what good policies are but they choose not to implement them for other reasons. Without offering an opinion on that thesis, it's hard not to see merit in it when you read "Of course, some liberals don't want to have a discussion about the underlying problem, because it would mean acknowledging the fallen nature of man. That, not stricter gun laws, is what's keeping us from finding real solutions as a nation."

Nola

There's an old EconTalk podcast (I listen to EconTalk, yes) about why nations fail and the argument presented in the episode is that leaders know what good policies are but they choose not to implement them for other reasons. Without offering an opinion on that thesis, it's hard not to see merit in it when you read "Of course, some liberals don't want to have a discussion about the underlying problem, because it would mean acknowledging the fallen nature of man. That, not stricter gun laws, is what's keeping us from finding real solutions as a nation."
Tongue in cheek?

Nothing wrong with econtalk, I'll still listen to it occasionally. Just learned to avoid when Russ is just masturbating with other Austrian economists.

That said, I'd need to hear more, but that sounds like a pretty loaded argument lol.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
It's not tongue in cheek but I do I think you're misreading me. The fallen nature of man bit is the other reason (my imaginary friend says so) for not implementing known and good policies.

If you want to listen to the episode it's here.

Mandark

• Icon
I know it wasn't how that one guy framed it exactly, but I like the idea of saying it's not practical to ban guns, criminals will always find a way to get them, so we need to aim at a more practical goal, like redeeming the soul of man.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
In the past 24 hours, two different stories of a 2 year old dying because of a firearm. One killed himself and the other was shot by his four year old brother.

We need better mental health care and gun training for all infants.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
If that 2 year old didn't have a gun, he would have found another way to kill himself. If I could have spoken to that baby I would have told him "don't do it, life gets better" but if the baby was dead-set on suicide I doubt it would've made a difference.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Don't ban guns, ban idiot babies.
©@©™

Brehvolution

Too many doors in that toddler's house.
©ZH

Leadbelly

I think this is vaguely on topic. I just wanted to share it anyway.

I don't know what brought me to this video exactly, just something I randomly stumbled across on Youtube. Basically a video on air rifles. I didn't realise you can get like 50 Cal air rifles(lol). The crazy thing is they pack a real punch as well. Obviously not quite as powerful as some fire arms, but it would kill someone all the same.

The interesting thing about them is they are completely unregulated. So basically anyone could get one. They're unregulated because they are not classed as a fire arm. It's an air gun. You can have a suppressor on it no probelm. You could have one that is fully automatic. They're as deadly as a real gun yet any new regulation on the sale of fire arms will not affect them.

This guy tests one out. They're fucking insane.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 04:08:41 PM by Leadbelly »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
what are prices like? asking for a 2 year old  :doge

Leadbelly

How much does a typical piggy bank hold? I would imagine you would have to smash open quite a few of them.

https://www.airgundepot.com/airforce-texan-ss-hawke-scope-combo.html

zomgee

• We've *all*
rub

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Thoughts and praye- oh. Fake news peddlers, you say? Carry on then.
yar

Tasty

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-gazette-shooting-20180628-story.html

Newspaper office. Shooting up a newspaper office.

RIP. How many of those people went to work thinking the day would be great? Ugh.

Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
The 2nd Amendment is there to protect the 1st Amendment, except for sometimes when you need to go shoot up a newspaper office.
©@©™

bluemax

There is an incredibly strong link between men who hate women and mass shooters.

Thoughts and praye- oh. Fake news peddlers, you say? Carry on then.

Apparently a survivor actually managed to say "Fuck your prayers" on CNN. Bless up.
NO

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
"To show people I'm not a criminal, I'm gonna shoot people in the face."

Fission Mailed