Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 433658 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Fighting Games Thread
« Reply #2640 on: August 06, 2018, 11:18:42 AM »
What Himu said.  And then this guy-

Like in B.B. Cross Tag, a lot of people were playing big claw arm guy for the throws. If you could throw escape all those he’d probably be dropped for someone else.

-Is just one of the top characters in the game.  His reach is insane.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2641 on: August 06, 2018, 11:32:36 AM »

:lol

Also SFV still wack

Himu

« Reply #2642 on: August 06, 2018, 11:38:36 AM »
Thought you liked sfv now
IYKYK

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2643 on: August 06, 2018, 11:48:36 AM »
I didn't stay up for SFV but was interesting to see a UK Bison win it. From pools figured it would be all Cammy/Akuma/Mika.

Was a pretty good Evo, I really didn't watch a ton though, way less than last year. That said I actually finally double dipped on PC copies of SFV and T7, hype too strong.  :punch

Also side note I think S3 for SF has been a ton better than S2, although almost no one was using any of the newer characters.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2644 on: August 06, 2018, 11:53:17 AM »
Thought you liked sfv now

I like plenty of wack things. :lol I just won't play it for money anymore after all that shit came out about the variable input lag it has, that is unacceptable for a competitive game and Capcom seems to have no interest in even acknowledging it.

https://twitter.com/WydD/status/1018324617654669313

Himu

« Reply #2645 on: August 06, 2018, 11:55:34 AM »

Walking Dead exists in the same universe as FF, SF, Tekken, and KOF. This means...zombie Ryu?!? Noooooo :tocry Ryu noooooooooo
IYKYK

kingv

« Reply #2646 on: August 06, 2018, 11:55:39 AM »
From the picture I though g was some kind of weird Abe Lincoln sagat costume.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2647 on: August 06, 2018, 12:04:47 PM »
Also side note I think S3 for SF has been a ton better than S2, although almost no one was using any of the newer characters.

The four released so far haven't been all that great.  Am hoping for some buffs and balance changes to get things rolling again.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2648 on: August 06, 2018, 12:09:33 PM »
Lei looks weird now but I like that he has 5 Rage Drives for each of his 5 stances.

Also Noctis was great so fuck it, I got faith in them making this Negen good too. I don't watch Walking Dead so I don't know him but anyone with a barbed wire baseball bat is ok by me.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 12:28:34 PM by nachobro »

Tasty

« Reply #2649 on: August 06, 2018, 12:44:53 PM »
LEFFEN :rejoice

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2650 on: August 06, 2018, 12:52:54 PM »
Yeah Leffen played really well yesterday, he definitely earned that win over some strong competition

Tasty

« Reply #2651 on: August 06, 2018, 01:16:39 PM »
Both my faves have now scored Evo wins in the last two years :aah

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2652 on: August 06, 2018, 01:23:48 PM »
Even though Leffen was bitching about it, his bad seeding at CEO for DBZ probably was the best thing to happen to him. Cause that's when he just dropped DBFZ and basically fully focused on Melee. Worked out pretty well for him at the end!

Also I saw he was donating part of his winnings to 5th and 7th placers. Definitely a classy move.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 01:35:27 PM by nachobro »

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #2653 on: August 06, 2018, 01:23:54 PM »
Lei looks weird now but I like that he has 5 Rage Drives for each of his 5 stances.

Also Noctis was great so fuck it, I got faith in them making this Negen good too. I don't watch Walking Dead so I don't know him but anyone with a barbed wire baseball bat is ok by me.
weird? he's just old now :fbm

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2654 on: August 06, 2018, 02:31:19 PM »
Noctis in T7 is pretty legit.  :doge

Freyj

« Reply #2655 on: August 06, 2018, 03:27:40 PM »
Like Bork said, a lot of that was that the crowd would generally go nuts every time a USA player was winning because home court.

Also watching King play at high level made me wonder if throw escapes are really a good thing in fighting games. At high level when 9/10 times the opponent will throw escape, it neutralizes throws and for grappler characters like King that means losing half of their strength. At lower levels of play throw escapes are much less consistent so grapplers are much stronger characters.

Like in B.B. Cross Tag, a lot of people were playing big claw arm guy for the throws. If you could throw escape all those he’d probably be dropped for someone else.

Yeah I got that was the reason everyone was cheering him on, but King was a blast to watch. Devil Jin / Jin aren't really any different than I remember but seeing King played that well took me back. I'm no Fighting Game guy, but I'm considering buying T7 during this sale.

Aside from SonicFox's win DBFZ was pretty meh to watch  :-\. I've never really enjoyed watching MvC either though. I don't know enough of what's going on to be able to grasp anything.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2656 on: August 06, 2018, 06:13:35 PM »
Something interesting I noted yesterday: Melee GF was a Fox mirror and when Armada actually picked Fox over Peach the crowd erupted in cheers. Contrast that to something EVO 2011 when the Tekken 6 GFs were a Bob mirror and the whole crowd reacted with a groan and some boos.

Dunno if it's just Smash players preferring to see the best being played at a high level or what but I always found it interesting how Smash players view top tiers vs the FGC

And also how do you explain the reaction to Bayo in Smash 4? :doge
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 06:29:58 PM by nachobro »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2657 on: August 06, 2018, 09:26:00 PM »
Played some SFV sets with a random player in a battle lounge.

First set was me as G versus Sagat.  My initial impression of G is that he has some good pokes, but I'm not sure about his special moves.  I didn't use the presidential power-up stuff as much and I think that's definitely key for his specials.  Was hard to power-up with the constant barrage of fireballs.  But I basically just poked him to death and got him in the corner for easy wins.  Need to work on him.

Second set was a Sagat mirror.  I like Sagat- he's pretty much what you'd expect, although his fireballs seem slower to me than previous games.  Probably a good thing.  His first V-Trigger is nice and is multi-hit Tiger Cannon that is easy to cancel into.  Seems like he could be pretty effective but what do I know.  Anyway, beat this guy twice here and he rage quit on me.   :lol

Design-wise, G's character is pretty cheesy, but he has a lot of personality with his animations.  Love the little wave to the crowd thing he does when he starts walking.  If you pick his story outfit, he looks extremely different and is like Jason Vorhees doing Q cosplay, lol.  Sagat just pretty much looks cool as hell.  Love the default outfit.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #2659 on: August 06, 2018, 10:22:26 PM »
All I know is that if Kiryu Kazuma doesn't get in then that's some bullshit.
Like S1 I get, because by the time they started asking for guests, I bet S1's guests were already locked in. But S2? They have to know how many people want Kiryu and then fucking Negan?

I'm happy though that Lei is in because he's been my main since T2.

Himu

« Reply #2660 on: August 06, 2018, 10:54:02 PM »
Fuck Kiryu. Give me Ryo Hazuki.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2661 on: August 06, 2018, 11:06:19 PM »
Was going to play some Cross-Tag but played 30th instead.  Hyper Fighting and Super Turbo  :lawd
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #2662 on: August 06, 2018, 11:09:53 PM »
Messed around with the new Blazblue additions. Like how some of them play in this. Mai is greaaaat and Yuzuriha and Akito are cool too. Roster is finally about where I want it. Is this the end of the DLC characters for this season? Or are there still more left?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2663 on: August 07, 2018, 07:30:35 AM »
That's it for all the announced DLC characters.  Am hoping there's another round that gets announced alongside the fifth license addition that everyone is sure is Senran Kagura.

Mai is pretty awesome, yeah.  I may make a team of her and Es instead of Es and Tager.  Wanted to play as perv-witch, but wasn't really feeling Nine.
ど助平

Beezy

« Reply #2664 on: August 07, 2018, 10:33:12 PM »
Which console do y'all have BB Cross Tag Battle on?

Himu

« Reply #2665 on: August 07, 2018, 11:33:35 PM »
ps4
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2666 on: August 07, 2018, 11:34:03 PM »

PS4 and Switch.  PS4 has the largest number of players online and looks a bit better so I'd recommend that version, although it does play well on the Switch since it has easy controls.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #2667 on: August 08, 2018, 02:57:11 AM »

PS4.

Would like to play some of you sometime. I'm terrible at the game (it moves too fast for my reflexes) but I really enjoy it like I liked MvC. Most fun fighter I've gotten into since GGXrd. Mostly I just play Survival runs on hard for fun.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2669 on: August 08, 2018, 04:32:27 PM »
That’s kind of ridiculous. That tiger shot should be closer to the ground. Oh well. Forced you to play mind games. Not a big deal.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2670 on: August 10, 2018, 10:59:01 AM »

Sf30 comp with sick play

Also BonChan’s Sagat makes me really want to play SFV.

He’s not doing anything fancy. Just pure fundamentals. This is Street Fighter and the fact I see the way I like to play Street Fighter in V makes me really, really excited.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2671 on: August 12, 2018, 10:24:02 PM »
If you were around in arcades in the 80s and early 90s, go watch High Score Girl (gotta be downloaded- doesn't appear to be streaming anywhere)!  It's about some kids in the early 90s playing video games, mostly fighting games, and is charming, funny, and nostalgic as hell.

The first three episodes are set in '91 and there's a lot of SF2 and Final Fight.  Then in the fourth it jumps ahead two years and there's Super Street Fighter II and SNK games start popping up.

Just started the fifth episode and holy shit...never thought I'd see MORTAL KOMBAT in an anime.  They start talking about what Raiden is saying when he flies across the screen :rofl

EDIT: Holy shit now they're playing Samurai Spirits.  I am marking out.  :lol
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 10:29:13 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2672 on: August 17, 2018, 04:20:14 PM »
Doubt there's much depth here, but damn if they didn't absolutely NAIL the aesthetic.

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2673 on: August 20, 2018, 07:54:35 AM »
Tekken 7 season 2 starts on 9/6- Anna and Lei will both be released! 

New DOA6 trailer with Lei-Fang and Hitomi:

I don't think this is going to end up being taken more seriously by the pro FGC at large and I think the claims of the females being toned down will end up hurting their sales.  In other words, I still think this is DOA5 all over again. :P
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2674 on: August 21, 2018, 03:43:32 PM »
Soul Calibur VI is getting Tira as a DLC character:

And create a character is back, along with an additional story mode featuring your custom character:
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2675 on: August 22, 2018, 01:02:30 PM »
Why...are they announcing DLC already if roster doesn’t seem done? Or is it?  :-\

CAC modes have been pretty cac bad in last few games so not hype on. Will probably end up getting SC but not day 1 or anything.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2676 on: August 22, 2018, 02:39:50 PM »
DLC crap was expected- just give me Create A Soul with Lizardman's playstyle so I can make goofy characters that crawl around and shit!

And LOL, no alternate costumes- one each per character because "you can use CAS mode to make your own outfits".  Really, Namco?

Still day-1'ing this bitch though
:rejoice
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 02:56:33 PM by bork »
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2677 on: August 22, 2018, 11:18:32 PM »
As long as it has as much content as T7 it's a pretty good value...I am getting a whiff of scamco on this though.

Also, I hate not being able to link accounts for DLC. SFV and Tekken  :esports :whatsthedeal

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2678 on: August 23, 2018, 09:30:54 PM »
Good discount on UNIEL ST on Steam:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1032645142899961856

Picked it up for that price even though I'm sure the online population will be deader than dead in a few weeks.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #2679 on: August 23, 2018, 09:40:19 PM »
Is this version different than the one that was ported to PS3? I bought that one but haven't followed if this is a newer one with more characters now.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2680 on: August 24, 2018, 07:36:05 AM »
Is this version different than the one that was ported to PS3? I bought that one but haven't followed if this is a newer one with more characters now.

Yes, this is a newer version with more content and characters.  This also came out on PS3 (and Vita), but only in Japan and was digital-only.  Got an English release on PS4 and now PC.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2681 on: August 24, 2018, 09:27:06 AM »
Talking to a Smash TO here in the city about the launch of Ultimate and we're starting to plan a big FG and Smash combo tournament for it. Something like three Smash games (Melee, PM, Ultimate) and five or six fighters (DBFZ, SFV, Tekken, GG, one or both Marvels). Both scenes have managed to get 100+ to show up to events in the past (with the Smash scene hitting a max of 205 people once) so we're gonna try and make this real big.

Meeting with a hotel event manager soon to talk about renting a ballroom and working out some room discounts. Nervous just thinking about this but this could really be a big step for the state FGC.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2682 on: August 24, 2018, 12:51:03 PM »
What state?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2683 on: August 24, 2018, 01:23:03 PM »
New Mexico

kingv

« Reply #2684 on: August 24, 2018, 01:25:04 PM »
I feel like a smash tournament probably smells like ball sweat and vinegar.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2685 on: August 24, 2018, 02:23:59 PM »
luckily this hotel has good airflow :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2686 on: August 28, 2018, 07:28:13 AM »
Blade Strangers is out on Steam (on sale for 25% off until 9/3) and will be out on Switch today- not sure what's up with PS4 but it may not be out for another week.  This is the Nicalis "all-star" indie fighter that has characters from Cave Story, The Binding Of Isaac, Code Of Princess, Shovel Knight, Gunvolt, and Umihara Kawase with Street Fighter-style grounded game play.

The game uses a simple input system for moves (a dedicated skill button and different directions does moves), so it should be playable on any platform with any kind of controller!

Found one review so far and Steam impressions are positive.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 09:03:28 AM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2687 on: August 28, 2018, 09:06:39 AM »
Square is releasing a home version of Million Arthur: Arcana Blood for PS4 in November.  This is the latest fighter from the Arcana Heart devs.  One of the characters from this game is going to be guest DLC in SNK Heroines and as part of the deal, Iori from KOF will be in this game:

And holy shit, Oono from High Score Girl is an assist character.   :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2688 on: August 28, 2018, 10:05:07 AM »
I am liking what I am playing in Blade Strangers.  Movement is a bit on the slower side, but combos are pretty quick and there's a meter that limits what you can do to do stop spam.  It is super easy to pick up and play- the controls are like a fusion of Street Fighter and Smash Bros.  Pretty cool.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #2690 on: September 04, 2018, 01:30:27 AM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2691 on: September 04, 2018, 11:57:35 AM »
SNK Heroines is out this week!  I am going to get the J-version from the eShop so it should be playable tomorrow. :hyper

SNK is going to announce a new game next week, too! :hyper :hyper
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2692 on: September 04, 2018, 01:02:33 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2693 on: September 05, 2018, 09:53:04 AM »
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2694 on: September 05, 2018, 10:14:47 AM »
Have they said how much season 2 is yet?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2695 on: September 05, 2018, 10:14:56 AM »
Fighting EX Layer just got Pullum and Vulcano added, plus a host of other changes.  They also announced a physical release for Japan due to popular demand.  :o
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2696 on: September 05, 2018, 10:16:07 AM »
Have they said how much season 2 is yet?

Between $25-$30 IIRC.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2697 on: September 05, 2018, 10:22:43 AM »
Also Tekken giving characters multiple costumes and Soul can't even give one alt. SC really seems to be made on a budget :-\

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2698 on: September 05, 2018, 11:40:47 AM »
SNK Heroines (Switch)-

Loaded this up and it ran like butt.  Looked to be 30 FPS with framerate dips.  Just fucking AWFUL.  Decided to try online and it prompted to download a patch.  Fortunately, this patch has fixed the big performance issues and it now runs much, much smoother (still has dips when doing supers).  Hard to tell if it's still 30 FPS but it at least now is nice and playable.

I'm not sure what to think of this game.  It is ultra-simplistic.  Forget Blade Strangers...this is much simpler in execution- two basic attack buttons, a special move button, a throw button, a tag button, a super button, and...a BLOCK BUTTON? (lolwut).  That's kinda weird. 

There are no overheard attacks and no crouching attacks either.  The depth seems to be based around mashing out combos and chaining together specials/supers and juggles.  When this game got revealed, I figured the FGC would ignore it just by its name and themes alone, but now I think the game play is probably going to make people forget about this pretty quickly.  Maybe I'm wrong- these are extremely initial impressions.

I also bet that the PS4 version is going to run at 60 FPS and shit all over the Switch version.  Interesting that SNK has been pushing it so hard on Switch given its performance issues.

Also Tekken giving characters multiple costumes and Soul can't even give one alt. SC really seems to be made on a budget :-\

Apparently the team had to push hard to get it greenlit.  And if it doesn't sell well, R.I.P. Soul Calibur.   :-\
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2699 on: September 05, 2018, 12:12:07 PM »
CPU beat me in a story match.  The win quote was "How does that outfit hold those babies in?"   LOL, this game is gonna upset some people.
ど助平