Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 429017 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: Fighting Games Thread
« Reply #2400 on: April 16, 2018, 12:42:52 PM »
Also

:mynicca

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2401 on: April 16, 2018, 01:18:56 PM »
Catwoman in Street Fighter.

Her default is more risque than her alts.  :lol
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2402 on: April 16, 2018, 01:46:44 PM »
gotta have at least one espn friendly costume ;)

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2403 on: April 16, 2018, 05:00:42 PM »
:rofl

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #2404 on: April 16, 2018, 05:21:27 PM »
*Teleports behind you*
Psh, nothing personal nicca.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2405 on: April 17, 2018, 10:49:50 PM »
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/251517873

Capcom's Falke breakdown from today if anyone's interested

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2406 on: April 18, 2018, 09:59:08 PM »
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2407 on: April 19, 2018, 09:56:00 AM »
I like the character and playstyle but jesus Capcom really wasn't trying her hard with Falke

This microwalk animation is shameful

https://twitter.com/EXT0PD0LL/status/986521735783702528

And her CA is really beyond low effort (this audio is a big improvement though :doge)

https://twitter.com/broskiFGC/status/985930299757428742
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 10:01:51 AM by nachobro »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2409 on: April 26, 2018, 07:22:49 AM »

Curly turning into the Cave Story sprite  :lol
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2410 on: April 26, 2018, 09:34:56 AM »
Been looking forward to this one for a while. It was supposed to be out already but Nicalis :doge

Also Falke is....odd. I like her kinda but she's pretty weird. Her normals are kinda just okay, definitely don't have the range I was expecting. I do like her but at the moment feeling a little lost playing her. I'm actually considering putting back in my 3P 3K buttons so I can still do EX specials while charging a fireball.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 09:41:28 AM by nachobro »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2411 on: April 26, 2018, 01:36:57 PM »
Been looking forward to this one for a while. It was supposed to be out already but Nicalis :doge

Also Falke is....odd. I like her kinda but she's pretty weird. Her normals are kinda just okay, definitely don't have the range I was expecting. I do like her but at the moment feeling a little lost playing her. I'm actually considering putting back in my 3P 3K buttons so I can still do EX specials while charging a fireball.

Yeah, same here.  I was doing casual matches the first night of her release and felt just absolutely lost in certain matches.  Fighting shotos wasn't so bad, but I got absolutely wrecked by a Blanka and a Zangief, and then a Dhalsim player just annihilated me.  Just didn't know what the hell to do.  Her projectiles don't seem to be effective enough to really do zoning unless I'm missing something.  But she's kinda fun so I might stick with her.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2412 on: April 26, 2018, 01:55:11 PM »
I've been in the Falke discord (https://discord.gg/vH4U7s) and they have a tech channel there that is working on stuff. I do like her, but I might chill on her a bit til smarter people than me work out some shit for her. :lol I know JWong is playing her a bunch so I'll probably start looking at his videos

Basically having the same experience though. Was able to stand with Akuma and Ryu but other matchups were pushing my shit in. I'm basically using MP to charge an FB at almost all times and poking with cLP and cLK and using sHK to keep folks away along with the fireballs. If I play her extremely lame like that it works out but otherwise I can't do much.

The only combo I've worked out is off of an air VT1 fireball. You can just step forward, use EX Catapult, and then hit with a fireball that you charged as EX Catapult was hitting. Silly but it works.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 02:05:28 PM by nachobro »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2413 on: April 26, 2018, 03:27:34 PM »

:holeup :picard

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2414 on: April 27, 2018, 08:33:29 AM »
:rofl

One thing I do like- her ground fireball is so low that it goes under some (all?) projectiles.  Played a Guile and confused the hell out of him when I kept shooting right under his sonic booms.  :lol
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2415 on: May 01, 2018, 09:58:24 AM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #2416 on: May 01, 2018, 05:59:28 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2417 on: May 02, 2018, 07:32:38 AM »

The art showing all the characters at the end looks like it's only going to have 14 characters total.  Hope that's not true.  A game like this should have at least double that...
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2418 on: May 06, 2018, 12:35:42 PM »
Super Turbo kicking off finals Sunday at TX Showdown
http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 12:40:41 PM by nachobro »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2419 on: May 08, 2018, 10:52:12 AM »
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2420 on: May 08, 2018, 03:27:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/993868661835231232

Capcom is adding training modes to SF 30th Collection...for four games...in a day one patch. :lol They're also adding proper vs mode with a nice looking UI

« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 03:47:45 PM by nachobro »

thisismyusername

« Reply #2421 on: May 08, 2018, 04:48:44 PM »
I mean if they're serious about arcade perfect™, makes sense: They never had training modes in the Arcade ROMs. So adding them in a patch would further that credit. (Though remains to be seen on performance)

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2422 on: May 08, 2018, 05:00:09 PM »
They never had proper versus either so that's already out the window :doge IMO if this is gonna be the SF definitive collection or whatever, just put in at least training mode for all the games. Not having online in every game makes sense, cause who the fuck is gonna care about SF1 online or whatever after a week.

Mainly I'm just asspained about no online or training for Alpha 2

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2423 on: May 08, 2018, 07:20:39 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2424 on: May 09, 2018, 09:40:27 PM »
Holy shit! :lol

ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2425 on: May 09, 2018, 11:07:56 PM »
what the shit

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2426 on: May 10, 2018, 11:58:18 AM »
BlazBlue Cross-Tag Battle-Thing demo went up yesterday.  Dunno if you can play it yet unless you pre-ordered the game on PSN.

I did and checked it out for a bit.  Better lobby system than DBZ and faster matchmaking.  The sprites look really nice -easily the best they've ever looked- and they're re-using some older game backgrounds (saw some from Persona), but it all looks sharp and colorful.  Gotta get used to the game play since the control setup is different and everyone has auto-combos.  I was getting destroyed trying to do certain things with Iron Tager, but then just tried auto-comboing and won.  :doge

Matches go insanely fast here.  One round and that's it-- in some matches, I think I lost and it was done in like 10 seconds  :lol
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2427 on: May 10, 2018, 12:03:24 PM »
I had thought they weren't doing an open beta but it seems it starts Saturday and runs over the weekend so I'll try it then. Looks like after the beta ends you can still play training mode unless you preorder, then you can do offline VS as well.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2428 on: May 10, 2018, 12:05:15 PM »
I had thought they weren't doing an open beta but it seems it starts Saturday and runs over the weekend so I'll try it then. Looks like after the beta ends you can still play training mode unless you preorder, then you can do offline VS as well.

IIRC the open beta for everyone limits you to a smaller number of characters and once it's over, you can do offline, but 2P vs. is locked to pre-orders only and non pre-orders get 4 characters to use, while pre-order demos get 20.

I'm gonna go physical for this on Switch anyway so I was OK with pre-ordering on PSN.  I'll probably still get a physical copy on PS4 once they dump it for sub-$20 later on.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2430 on: May 10, 2018, 08:45:08 PM »
Shovel Knight now!?  I'm getting really hype for this game!  :lol  They also just announced a Puzzle Fighter clone with a lot of the same characters for Switch.  Nicalis = 1990s Capcom?

Gematsu is reporting that the Switch is also getting the BlazBlue Cross Tag demo with an open beta starting tonight, but nothing is up yet.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #2431 on: May 11, 2018, 01:19:34 AM »
What is this fighter out of nowhere with all these fanservice characters?? I'm am so confused. Is Nicalis developing or just publishing? Who is making the fighter and do they have any experience making fighters? This is all so outta nowhere. Weird...

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2432 on: May 11, 2018, 08:02:07 AM »
What is this fighter out of nowhere with all these fanservice characters?? I'm am so confused. Is Nicalis developing or just publishing? Who is making the fighter and do they have any experience making fighters? This is all so outta nowhere. Weird...

It got announced like a year ago and has been receiving news updates pretty steadily ever since.
:ufup

Studio Saizensen (Code of Princess and Sayonara Umihara Kawase dev) is developing it- They made Blade Arcus for Sega IIRC, and while that was kinda 'eh,' this game looks pretty good and a huge improvement over that from the videos they've posted.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2433 on: May 11, 2018, 08:07:02 AM »
Blaze Blue Cross Tag trial is up on the Switch eShop.  No pre-ordering needed.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2434 on: May 11, 2018, 09:39:17 AM »
Does it have all the characters like the PS4 version or is it the cut down demo?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2435 on: May 11, 2018, 12:33:46 PM »
Does it have all the characters like the PS4 version or is it the cut down demo?

IIRC 20 right now and once the online part is done, just four.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2436 on: May 11, 2018, 11:10:27 PM »
BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle is waaaaaaaaaay easier to get into than other Arc games.  It's pretty similar to Dragonball Fighterz that way...maybe even easier to play, believe it or not.  Pretty fun game but those battles can go so ridiculously fast.
ど助平

thetylerrob

« Reply #2437 on: May 12, 2018, 07:13:16 PM »
I'm fucking loving BBTag. What are some fun characters? I'm playing basic bitch Jin and Hyde.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #2438 on: May 12, 2018, 11:41:52 PM »

nachobro

• Live Más

Tasty

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2441 on: May 23, 2018, 07:33:19 AM »
WISE FWOM YO (TOURNEY) GWAVE

Koei Tecmo and Team Ninja announced that its fighting game Dead or Alive 5: Last Round will make its first major appearance at EVO as a side tournament called Dead or Alive EVO Showdown 2018.

Here’s a message from producer Yosuke Hayashi and director Yohei Shimbori of the Dead or Alive 5 series:

“To the Dead or Alive fans and fighting game fans, thanks to you all we are proudly announcing that Dead or Alive 5: Last Round will take part in the world’s largest fighting game festival EVO.
    5 years have passed since the Dead or Alive 5 series started and it’s been played by more than 10 million gamers. Meanwhile, the Dead or Alive community has expanded to become larger than ever before.
    To proceed to the next stage, we announced the end of the Dead or Alive 5 series in December, but to my surprise the gods of fighting games have given us another chance to let players enjoy this franchise at an event once more.
    Though it’s a side tournament, the fact that Dead or Alive is joining EVO itself is key, and something which we have been longing for over 10 years.
    So, I hope you will join and enjoy the show!”

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round has made it to EVO in the past as a side event, but Koei Tecmo is calling it its first “Major Appearance” so we can expect to see a little more of it this time around.
ど助平

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2443 on: May 24, 2018, 04:21:21 PM »

Love Heart, completely different from Aino Heart from Arcana Heart :rollsafe

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2444 on: May 25, 2018, 08:10:13 AM »
Every time I see new stuff for that game, I wonder how badly it's going to bomb for them.  :doge  Still looking forward to trying it, but I expect it to be dead online after like a week. 
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2445 on: May 25, 2018, 09:25:30 AM »
Friend of mine who went to EVO Japan said the booth for it there was packed with people wanting to play the game and buy stickers and waifu merch so it'll at least do okay there. :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #2447 on: May 28, 2018, 01:37:06 AM »
Story outfit. :noah
Nostalgia outfit (though probably will be paid for). :phil :phil :phil
Final Fight outfit. :phil :phil

Guess I'll reinstall Rootkit Fighter 5 to use my Fight Money on Cody. :noah

thisismyusername

« Reply #2448 on: May 28, 2018, 01:47:21 AM »

Daddy. :noah :uguu

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2449 on: May 29, 2018, 10:44:16 AM »
SF collection today, switch game of he forever hopefully  :hyper

Order delay from amazon  >:(

Also apparently ordered that shadaloo stick drunk last week so woo fighters.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2450 on: May 29, 2018, 12:18:21 PM »
SF collection today, switch game of he forever hopefully  :hyper

Order delay from amazon  >:(

Also apparently ordered that shadaloo stick drunk last week so woo fighters.

I got the order delay too after deciding to cancel my previous pre-order so I could order it again with an Amazon giftcard.  Getting the PS4 and Switch versions for $30 total so not gonna complain...

...although I'm such an impatient fuckwad that I went and preloaded the digital Switch version already.  Gonna try it if I get some time at work.  PS4 physical version isn't coming until Friday but I can wait on that...hopefully.  :-[
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2451 on: May 29, 2018, 08:19:12 PM »
Gotta say, I'm feeling a bit disappointed with the SF 30th Anniversary Collection.  The ports themselves seem fine and look fantastic with the various filters.

The online is not as good as SF4 and SF5 are, though.  To be fair, I was playing on wifi (game room is in the middle of some changes and modem in there is unhooked), but even then in SF5 I can play just fine on my connection.  It's not god-awful, but if they don't do something to help alleviate the problems, I don't see people sticking around to keep playing.

ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2452 on: May 29, 2018, 08:45:13 PM »
https://twitter.com/TheAlexValle/status/1001375367603535872

Wtf is Valle trying to say? I've been playing ST on default speed and it seems fine to me speed-wise. However either im much shittier than I remember at picking Old Ryu or its just different on this port. :lol

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2453 on: May 29, 2018, 10:23:11 PM »
Also I don't think I've ever actually played 2I before, much better music than 3S. Everything else is wack

thisismyusername

« Reply #2454 on: May 30, 2018, 01:02:21 AM »
Even the stages? IIRC the fan sentiment is that Second Impact has better music and stages, but 3rd Strike is where the gameplay (balance issues aside) shines for SF3.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2455 on: May 30, 2018, 07:34:14 AM »
I like the music in New Generation more than Second Impact.  Good Fighter :lawd

New Generation also has some more details in backgrounds than 2i does, but 2i is obviously the much better game, gameplay-wise.  Plus you get HUGO DA GAWD, Akuma, separated Yang, and Urine.

3s plays better but man did backgrounds take a hit.  Music is totally different (I like it a lot still) and IIRC there's less detail on some sprites but it's been a while.

Also while waxing nostalgic on Street Fighter- I never saw 2nd Impact anywhere in arcades and to this day it remains the only SF game I never played in an arcade.  The only time I ever played it is when I ended up with a Supergun, CPS3, and 2i at home for a brief period of time.  Sold it off before W Impact came out on the Dreamcast that same year.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 07:39:56 AM by bork »
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #2456 on: May 30, 2018, 09:33:48 AM »
TFW you buy USF2 and barely play it instead of waiting for the collection of literally every game in the series :rkelly

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2457 on: May 30, 2018, 09:37:11 AM »
In general I'm not a huge fan of SF3 series so I don't have a strong opinion on them, other than 3S being boring af to play.

Was mostly playing Tekken and 3D stuff at that point. I had a blast messing with all the different SF2 versions though. Didn't go online yet so can't speak to that but I've heard PS4 online is pretty good, at least compared to Switch.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2458 on: May 30, 2018, 11:04:22 AM »
TFW you buy USF2 and barely play it instead of waiting for the collection of literally every game in the series :rkelly

USF2 has better online play than this game does.  :lol :-\ :'(

In general I'm not a huge fan of SF3 series so I don't have a strong opinion on them, other than 3S being boring af to play.

Was mostly playing Tekken and 3D stuff at that point. I had a blast messing with all the different SF2 versions though. Didn't go online yet so can't speak to that but I've heard PS4 online is pretty good, at least compared to Switch.

I've never been all that big on SF3 either (and that's despite having that board, lol) but I definitely like how things started with the first two iterations more than how they ended with 3s.  I always preferred Alpha way, way more than SF3.  There was a period of time where pretty much everyone just played 3s and I didn't really care all that much about it.  Nowadays I'll go back and play it every now and then.  Hugo  :heartbeat
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #2459 on: May 30, 2018, 11:18:44 AM »
Yeah, but does anyone even play it online anymore? :lol