Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 436861 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: Fighting Games Thread
« Reply #2340 on: March 18, 2018, 10:43:25 PM »
MENAT :gladbron :lawd :rejoice :preach :itagaki

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2341 on: March 18, 2018, 10:46:46 PM »
Infiltration takes it with Menat!

Those were some intense, draining sets he had with Tokido.  When Tokido got a reset, it seemed like he was going to take it and that Infiltration was mentally-drained.  Saw some definite fuck-ups going on and figured he'd switch to someone else, but he stuck it out and won.  Fuckin' awesome.  I haven't watched a stream in a pretty long time and this was great.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2342 on: March 18, 2018, 10:47:24 PM »
LOL at the stream monsters thinking Ono was going to come out with a trailer.  He's at GDC, idiots.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2343 on: March 18, 2018, 10:47:55 PM »
dbz and sfv finals had some really fantastic play goddamn

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2344 on: March 18, 2018, 10:54:07 PM »
Are they not going to show the awards though?  Damn.
ど助平

Beezy

« Reply #2345 on: March 19, 2018, 12:14:56 AM »
SFV was never released for arcades in Japan? I've been to 3 different arcades so far since I got here last week and I haven't seen it.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #2346 on: March 19, 2018, 12:27:06 AM »
SFV was never released for arcades in Japan? I've been to 3 different arcades so far since I got here last week and I haven't seen it.

Yeah, it's the first in the series to skip Arcades.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2347 on: March 19, 2018, 11:34:33 AM »
Yep, the game is called Arcade Edition but isn't in any arcades. :lol I know there was a test last year with the game running on a PC in Japanese arcades but nothing more ever came of it.

There was a cool SRK article about SFV in Japan, fun read if anyone is interested
http://shoryuken.com/2017/12/12/left-behind-the-tokyo-street-fighter-v-experience/

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2348 on: March 19, 2018, 08:36:43 PM »
Arcades continue to be on a slow decline in Japan.  Besides neither Marvel 3 or Infinite (lol) not getting arcade releases, Super Street Fighter IV initially didn't get to arcades until Arcade Edition.  Ditto for DOA5 with Ultimate (or was it Last Round?).  No arcade Soul Caliburs since III either.  And then Arc is finally jumping onto the no-arcade train with Dragonball and the upcoming BlazBlue tag battle game.  Tekken and Guilty Gear seem to be the only traditional fighting games still going strong.  Gundam too if you want to count that.

That's a pretty awesome article.  The gaming bar/esports gathering place thing seems like a good idea for a modern day replacement. 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 08:48:33 PM by bork »
ど助平

Beezy

« Reply #2349 on: March 19, 2018, 08:51:07 PM »
Damn. Yeah, music games and games where you collect physical cards seem to be the most popular from what I've seen. Tekken 7 Fated Retribution has a good amount of machines, but I haven't seen many people play it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2350 on: March 19, 2018, 09:00:58 PM »
Damn. Yeah, music games and games where you collect physical cards seem to be the most popular from what I've seen. Tekken 7 Fated Retribution has a good amount of machines, but I haven't seen many people play it.

Didn't see many people on Tekken 7 last time I was there, either.  You can play the game online against other arcade players, at least.  And yet I've read it has made Namco a lot of money.
:idont
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #2351 on: March 19, 2018, 11:23:49 PM »
Noctis was patched in today on Steam. He's interesting in terms of combat. But good lord does UE4 do hair badly. :doge

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2352 on: March 20, 2018, 04:35:53 PM »
Friend gave me a copy of DBZ fighters  :ohyeah

I played some of the story to and thought I was ok, went online and was brutalized by something that seemed like I should be avoiding it pretty easy (warp/knockback loop). Need to have a few looks online before trying that again I guess, then again still haven't even tried most of the characters. 

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2353 on: March 21, 2018, 12:30:51 PM »
https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/976126234622087169

Late but this is neat, getting USF4 for pre-ordering the collection. Too bad I already have it on both consoles and PC. Also too bad it isn't coming to Switch :(

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2354 on: March 21, 2018, 12:40:07 PM »
At this point I wonder how many people interested in this game don't already own USF4.
:heh
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2355 on: March 21, 2018, 12:43:52 PM »
The actual good news is that Ultra will be BC on X1 finally. They've made all the other versions BC but not that one.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2356 on: March 21, 2018, 12:46:46 PM »
The actual good news is that Ultra will be BC on X1 finally. They've made all the other versions BC but not that one.
:mindblown
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2357 on: March 21, 2018, 03:46:25 PM »
This might have been the last Final Round.  Shin Blanka said attendance was down and he had to spend more money to get a bigger venue that nobody came out to.   :'(  He posted a pretty long FB rant about being tired, underappreciated, and burnt out.  Damn.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2358 on: March 21, 2018, 03:53:54 PM »
Yeah I read that thing. Sucks, man. FR19 had some major issues and Larry has a bit of a rep for not exactly responding well to any complaints but I definitely know and understand the feeling of being burnt out as a TO. At the end of that thing he sounded a bit more hopeful so I hope this isn't the end. FR is a cool tourney and always a good way to kick off the larger FG "season".

FB post for those that didn't see it https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1842895915728903&id=100000255387772

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #2359 on: March 21, 2018, 03:56:17 PM »

Arcade Edition with Ultra as DLC has been BC for months at this point. So if you upgraded with AE, youve been able to play Ultra.
OH!

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2360 on: March 21, 2018, 04:01:42 PM »
Oh really? I remember them saying AE was BC but not the rest. I've got AE w/ Ultra DLC and an Ultra disc (mainly because I have about 500 various copies of SF4 across everything it came out on) but at this point I'd be more likely to just play it on PC/PS4 because I don't have to use a disc heh

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #2361 on: March 21, 2018, 04:04:00 PM »
Depending on the time, there's a decent number of players on Xbox. Ive grown tired of playing SF4 online, as every player just about has terrible Internet or is playing on wifi. :(
OH!

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2362 on: March 21, 2018, 04:05:30 PM »
Yeah if I play it now it'll be in a lobby with friends or just local. For better or worse even I have moved on to SFV at this point

thisismyusername

« Reply #2363 on: March 21, 2018, 04:43:12 PM »
This might have been the last Final Round.  Shin Blanka said attendance was down and he had to spend more money to get a bigger venue that nobody came out to.   :'(  He posted a pretty long FB rant about being tired, underappreciated, and burnt out.  Damn.

Eh a lot of that post seems kinda... I don't want to say "selfish" but...

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2364 on: March 21, 2018, 05:02:55 PM »
I think he's been through a lot in the past few years.  I know he lost his mother right before FR a few years ago.

I feel bad because I've never been to a single FR.  It has always been bad timing with something going on.  Like this year I was on-call at the jerb so I spent last weekend taking phone calls and shit.

I know him from back in the 90s/early 2000s during my game store days.  He's a good guy.  Worked with his nephew for a while at my previous job, too, and heard a lot about what they had to go through to get ready for FR.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2365 on: March 21, 2018, 05:07:10 PM »
Yeah after 21 years and 1000s of dollars I can't blame the dude for being a bit selfish. Now that I know what it's like to run events for like 100 people I can get a bit of an idea of what it's like on a larger scale. Lots of sacrifices and lots of shit that is just out of your control sometimes. Hopefully he keeps it going.

And if not, we know that bork killed it cause he never attended one goddamn tournament in his own city.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2366 on: March 21, 2018, 05:09:38 PM »
:heyman

I am way too shy in real life to enter a tournament.  Nerves would fuck me up bad.  :lol But I did want to go to see people and try some games out.
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #2367 on: March 21, 2018, 05:11:52 PM »
Yeah after 21 years and 1000s of dollars I can't blame the dude for being a bit selfish. Now that I know what it's like to run events for like 100 people I can get a bit of an idea of what it's like on a larger scale. Lots of sacrifices and lots of shit that is just out of your control sometimes. Hopefully he keeps it going.

And if not, we know that bork killed it cause he never attended one goddamn tournament in his own city.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand the feeling of burn out and disappointment. But it just feels too "me, me, me  :ego ". Like him mentioning his mom died and him doing the tournament anyway. It's like he's fishing for empathy when he could just say: FR's attendance is down, we aren't breaking even, I'm tired of running it. If someone else wants to plan it: Cool, otherwise FR is dead. Short, to the point, and gets the message across.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2368 on: March 21, 2018, 05:14:04 PM »
He never seemed like the kind of dude to keep it short and sweet so I can't be too surprised there. Probably should have given himself a little breathing room before writing out a huge post but I guess sometimes letting it all out on Facebook is how things are gonna happen. :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2369 on: March 22, 2018, 12:11:02 AM »

This is the character created by the winner of a fan-submission contest in Saudi Arabia (IIRC).  Pretty cool!
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2370 on: March 22, 2018, 01:28:10 PM »
I always forget I own KOF  :doge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2371 on: March 22, 2018, 08:34:11 PM »
http://www.twitch.tv/esportsarena

Sonicfox vs GO1 part three coming up if anyone is interested.

EDIT: Or not. I guess there's dumb other esports shit first. 830 pacific i guess
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 08:41:26 PM by nachobro »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2373 on: March 30, 2018, 02:56:32 PM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2374 on: April 02, 2018, 12:07:42 PM »
http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumslinger/blog/2018/04/01/street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-season-3-balance-update

Capcom put out patch notes for the balance update hitting tomorrow for SFV and :snoop

Abigail got hit with a shovel, which is fine. But Cammy got buffed AGAIN, Menat got hooked up even more, and a bunch of lower tier characters Vega/Gief/Ed/Alex got NERFED? Wtf is going on over there :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2375 on: April 02, 2018, 12:15:47 PM »
Abigail got hit with a shovel, which is fine. But Cammy got buffed AGAIN, Menat got hooked up even more, and a bunch of lower tier characters Vega/Gief/Ed/Alex got NERFED? Wtf is going on over there :lol

:rejoice

Perfect update; thanks for listening, Capcom.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2376 on: April 02, 2018, 12:34:22 PM »
 :goty2

Special Ed really is full shortbus now

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2377 on: April 04, 2018, 06:48:09 PM »
Last thing I need is another stick but it was like $100 shipped brand new so why not, right? :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2378 on: April 04, 2018, 08:32:57 PM »
Make sure to log onto a lobby in Dragonball FighterZ tonight-- 300,000 zeni free for the rest of the day!
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2379 on: April 05, 2018, 10:16:54 AM »
HOLY SHIT THEY FINALLY BROUGHT BLUE MARY BACK
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2380 on: April 05, 2018, 08:08:10 PM »
wooo blue mary :hyper
booo missed zenny thing cause friend's PS4 ate my DBZ  :'( :maf

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2381 on: April 05, 2018, 08:11:03 PM »
side note, have they added any stages to KOF? I haven't given it much time since launch and a bit after that big patch even though I got the first DLC pack when it was on sale. If they added a decent amount of stages, factoring in this DLC pack it almost feels like 14.5 if not 15.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
the true XV gonna bring the SAUCE
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2382 on: April 06, 2018, 01:22:08 PM »
^^^^^
IIRC KOF XIV got two(?) added stages from classic SNK games last year and a new Saudi Arabia stage is coming with the new DLC characters next week.  I hope that the four character additions breath some life back into the game.  It sucks how quickly it just seemed to fall off, especially after they actually worked to fix technical issues it had at launch. 

Shermie is back too!  ...in SNK Heroines. 

They announced that it's out on 9/7.
ど助平

Aegis.exe

« Reply #2383 on: April 07, 2018, 07:43:25 PM »
I'm late to this but 2 things:

1. Larry did an important job for the scene for years, but how he acted after FR2016 he can really go fuck himself tbh.

2. I finally got DBFZ. Didn't expect it to turn into something like the kinda games I come from but looks like it did.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2384 on: April 10, 2018, 05:59:13 PM »
Nicki Minaj :nsfw

:leon
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2385 on: April 10, 2018, 06:39:36 PM »
new costume incoming? :lol

thisismyusername

« Reply #2386 on: April 10, 2018, 07:30:33 PM »
Sweet lord, those thighs. :lawd

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2387 on: April 11, 2018, 08:14:47 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2388 on: April 12, 2018, 07:21:17 AM »
Street Fighter 5 producer Takayuki Nakayama apparently created a 2D Chun-Li sprite that is reminiscent of Minaj's design.

:thinking
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2390 on: April 12, 2018, 01:43:42 PM »
KOF XIV version 3.0 update is up along with the four DLC characters- $6 each or $20 for the set.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2391 on: April 13, 2018, 01:30:40 PM »
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/984844414127226880

That deal on the TES+ is back. If you need a PS4 stick (or even if you don't) you won't find a better deal out there.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2392 on: April 14, 2018, 01:00:03 PM »

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2393 on: April 15, 2018, 03:17:50 AM »
deal dead but i guess i really didnt need another stick anyway lol

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2394 on: April 15, 2018, 04:22:27 PM »
Back to $112 shipped with code EMCPTES27 for 10 more hours

And I know what you mean, I'm back up to five sticks now which is a sign I should either cut back or KEEP GOING FOREVER

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #2395 on: April 15, 2018, 06:46:53 PM »
Up to 4 I think, gonna bust out the RAP4 to play VF5 on Tuesday once Yakuza 6 drops

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2396 on: April 16, 2018, 11:17:04 AM »

ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2397 on: April 16, 2018, 11:49:05 AM »
http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumslinger/blog/2018/04/16/falke-the-guardian-hawk-vaults-into-street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-on-april-24

Like Ed, some of Falke’s special moves only require either two punch or two kick buttons – no special inputs required. Pressing two punches will result in Psycho Schneide, which is her version of an uppercut. Pressing two kicks is Katapult, which sees Falke pole vaulting towards the opponent in a kick motion.

Standing (Psycho Kugel) – Falke releases the Psycho Power through her staff like a shotgun
Air (Psycho Feder) – Falke shoots a projectile at a diagonal angle downwards from the air
Crouching (Psycho Kanonen) – Falke lays on the ground and shoots a projectile at the opponent’s feet. She can avoid projectiles while using Psycho Kanonen.

Ed inputs + SF4 Juri fireball charging? This character might be made just for me :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2398 on: April 16, 2018, 12:08:30 PM »
I'm interested...but watch her be Ed-tier.  :doge
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2399 on: April 16, 2018, 12:16:20 PM »
she's already got longer normals so she'll be slightly better :doge