Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 432802 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Fighting Games Thread
« Reply #2460 on: May 30, 2018, 11:52:19 AM »
Yeah, but does anyone even play it online anymore? :lol

People seemed to be playing it right up until 30th came out.  Now I dunno.  I haven't played it in a long time- shelved after getting bored fighting endless Evil Ryus, Akumas, and Violent Kens.  :doge
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2461 on: May 30, 2018, 12:43:02 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2462 on: May 31, 2018, 09:07:00 AM »
Finally got all my gaming room shit wired back up last night so will give SF 30 another try.  Not a good outlook based on what I'm reading though.

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle is out in Japan- The Switch version has full English, so I went ahead and picked it up.  Forgot that they were releasing the other 20 characters in small chunks, so a large amount of characters are still missing. I need my Litchi-Tager team.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2463 on: May 31, 2018, 09:09:21 AM »
ST and HF play pretty well on PS4. Had a few bad matches over the course of a couple hours but that's to be expected. Most of the complaints I've heard for online are for 3S, which sorta makes sense. Lots of frames of animation and you need things to be tight for parrying.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2464 on: May 31, 2018, 09:43:42 AM »
I forgot how trash the switch “dpad” is as havent taken it out of the dock in months. :lol

It’s a good arcade collection/museum at first glance...will wait for severe price drop before double-dipping tho.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2465 on: June 01, 2018, 08:10:11 AM »
BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle not only plays better on the Switch (I.E. the simplified control scheme works really well) than SF 30th does...it also plays 100 times better online.  The game isn't out here until next week so I was playing Japanese players...and getting perfect or near-perfect connections.  Arc does what Capcan't.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2466 on: June 02, 2018, 10:08:36 PM »
DBFZ top 24 at Dreamhack Austin on right now http://www.twitch.tv/dreamhackfighters

and there's a dude using a piano to play...and he's winning! :lol

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #2467 on: June 02, 2018, 10:23:46 PM »
Yo, where's the dude playing Piano!? I just started watching and he isn't on stream, you liar. :doge ;)

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2468 on: June 03, 2018, 12:46:45 AM »
Daigo hosted some sort of cosplay contest earlier. it was a bit...odd

https://twitter.com/daigothebeast/status/1003099580999786497

i do like that his stream is basically just a japanese tv show :lol

VOD if you want to watch from the start: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/268742679
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 01:10:31 AM by nachobro »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2469 on: June 04, 2018, 07:56:29 AM »
SF 30th: Turning down input lag to 0 in the online options has helped my control issues quite a bit.  Spent a big chunk of time playing this weekend on PS4 and Switch.  Had a lot of good-quality connections on PS4...Switch is...yeah.  Lots of issues.  Did not have this problem with USF2.

Enjoying SFII Hyper Fighting and SFA3 the most.  Not as big on Super Turbo and I generally have kind of avoided 3s for online.  Probably going to be back on SFV soon.
ど助平

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #2470 on: June 04, 2018, 11:44:57 AM »
Shame about SF30th having issues... I've never played New Generation or Second Impact, and I've been wanting to own the Alphas in perfect form for a while. Hopefully this all will get patched.
^_^

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2471 on: June 04, 2018, 12:11:08 PM »
Offline the games are pretty solid, its just the online that has some issues and that's mainly on Switch. Supposedly the PC version is the best for online right now, though I haven't tried it myself.

Beezy

« Reply #2472 on: June 04, 2018, 03:11:19 PM »
Any comparisons between the PS4 and Switch versions of BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle yet?

Shuri

« Reply #2473 on: June 04, 2018, 04:57:13 PM »
Set up my sega naomi + mvsc2 setup this weekend :bolo
.. can’t figure out how to unlock the rest of the cast using the service menu cheat codes  :yeshrug

My Guile/clop/jugger team livrs again.

thisismyusername

« Reply #2474 on: June 04, 2018, 05:16:30 PM »
You unlock them with time. Like 48 or 72 hours for the entire cast IIRC.8

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2475 on: June 04, 2018, 05:22:25 PM »
On my Naomi I had to put in all the codes twice for them to take. Also you have to boot into the game after each code input, start a match (don't need to finish it or even play), then restart back to test mode, then put in the next code, then boot into the game, etc, etc.

Also note that there are different codes for the US and Japanese versions and the codes have to be put in the correct order (can't start with the lvl 84 code)

If you don't have the codes: https://forums.shoryuken.com/t/marvel-vs-capcom-2-arcade-unlock-codes/94065

Shuri

« Reply #2476 on: June 04, 2018, 09:25:47 PM »
On my Naomi I had to put in all the codes twice for them to take. Also you have to boot into the game after each code input, start a match (don't need to finish it or even play), then restart back to test mode, then put in the next code, then boot into the game, etc, etc.

Also note that there are different codes for the US and Japanese versions and the codes have to be put in the correct order (can't start with the lvl 84 code)

If you don't have the codes: https://forums.shoryuken.com/t/marvel-vs-capcom-2-arcade-unlock-codes/94065
entering the codes twice did it! thanks a lot!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2477 on: June 04, 2018, 10:09:26 PM »
Any comparisons between the PS4 and Switch versions of BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle yet?

I've played both- the demo/beta on both and also already have the full version on Switch.  It's exactly the same on both platforms with one difference being the graphics- the character sprites appear to have some form of AA on PS4 and look 'cleaner' in comparison to the game on Switch, but it looks good on both systems.  Online on Switch is also really good (playing docked and wired).  Special move inputs are pretty simple (like a recent Marvel game) so any controller should be fine.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2478 on: June 04, 2018, 10:10:42 PM »
Shame about SF30th having issues... I've never played New Generation or Second Impact, and I've been wanting to own the Alphas in perfect form for a while. Hopefully this all will get patched.

If you want the best home compilation of the Alpha games, get the PS2 collection.  It's based on the home/later arcade versions, so you get more content in the games.   

Despite the online issues, I'd still recommend 30th overall.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2479 on: June 04, 2018, 10:53:30 PM »
i haven't tried the codes but are Balrog, Juli, and Juni in SF30 version of A3?

e: Balrog works but you have to use the touchpad
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 10:59:09 PM by nachobro »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2480 on: June 05, 2018, 10:52:39 AM »
i haven't tried the codes but are Balrog, Juli, and Juni in SF30 version of A3?

e: Balrog works but you have to use the touchpad

Yes- all the arcade codes for the three hidden characters and extra modes work.  You can remap Start to another button so it's not the touchpad, btw.

I couldn't get the Alpha 1 hidden character codes working, but I want to say the ones the game has listed are wrong, lol.  I don't remember having to hit buttons to play as the characters...just directions.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #2481 on: June 05, 2018, 10:59:04 AM »

Not first party though. :-\

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2482 on: June 05, 2018, 11:07:00 AM »
The Wii U GC adapter already works on Switch (but no home button on those controllers ofc), so not that big of a deal.

You can remap Start to another button so it's not the touchpad, btw.
I can't, but that's just cause I only have 6 buttons on my sticks. So that's on me.

Tasty

« Reply #2483 on: June 05, 2018, 12:43:05 PM »
Yeah true. Pretty excited that my 4-controller investment in 2013 for Smash 4 will still pay off this year. 8)

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2484 on: June 05, 2018, 12:56:05 PM »
Plus they work in Mario Kart, which they didn't on Wii U. :lol

Coax

« Reply #2485 on: June 06, 2018, 09:59:24 AM »
Was searching for indie games on Japanese blog sites and stumbled upon this 2D fighter from Geocities.jp (which still exists there) made by a single artist. Thought the refinement of the sprites was fairly noteworthy given the dimensions and single person involved. Unfinished but was a WIP until 2015. Includes a demo from 2013 (this CLI program is required to unzip with the correct character encoding fwiw).

Note: gratuitous panty within

Poking around for Japanese indie dev sites (actually in general tbh :doge) feels like traveling back to the early 2000s. Bit of a nostalgia trip.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 10:12:05 AM by Coax »

Bebpo

« Reply #2486 on: June 06, 2018, 09:43:48 PM »
Still not sure if I wanna pick up Blazblue Cross Battle. On one hand I like to support ASW and pick up their games because they are quality fighters and they put a lot of effort into the home versions.

On the other hand, the cast being nothing but sprite-rips (outside the 4 RBWY crew), and still only being a 40 roster even at that, plus simplified movelists for everyone, plus totally broken apparently like MvC2 style, plus despite liking Persona I don't really care about P4 cast and never seen RBWY so don't care about them, but I like Blazblue and Undernight Rebirth, so idkk

Seeing the Japanese sales being a total bomba (~15k total between PS4+Switch physical) and not expecting much outta western sales I've got to imagine there's no chance for a sequel that has like the 80 character roster I'd prefer, yeah dunno.

I still haven't even played DBZF or Central Fiction that I bought, since I have no one to play MP against and don't have the time for online. I don't mind stuff like CF or DBZF because I'll play it for the story mode someday, but it sounds like Cross Battle's story mode is super short and there aren't many modes or effort beyond arcade and multiplayer.

Probably just wait and see if it price drops at some point. Do ASW games drop in price over the years?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2487 on: June 06, 2018, 10:43:14 PM »
plus totally broken apparently like MvC2 style,

I haven't kept up with this game and the FGC opinions yet, but I don't see that yet.  There is some crazy shit here but that's to be expected from a Vs.-style anime fighter.  Don't get an MvC2-level vibe at all though.

plus despite liking Persona I don't really care about P4 cast and never seen RBWY so don't care about them, but I like Blazblue and Undernight Rebirth, so idkk

I've never seen RWBY either but who cares?  They're just some characters to try out and see if you like their play styles.

Seeing the Japanese sales being a total bomba (~15k total between PS4+Switch physical) and not expecting much outta western sales I've got to imagine there's no chance for a sequel that has like the 80 character roster I'd prefer, yeah dunno.

Who needs a sequel when you can just keep adding more characters?  :doge

I still haven't even played DBZF or Central Fiction that I bought, since I have no one to play MP against and don't have the time for online. I don't mind stuff like CF or DBZF because I'll play it for the story mode someday, but it sounds like Cross Battle's story mode is super short and there aren't many modes or effort beyond arcade and multiplayer.

Probably just wait and see if it price drops at some point. Do ASW games drop in price over the years?

Oh, OK- yup, don't buy this.  You've always said that you don't like playing online so I don't see any reason to bother with most fighting games if you don't have a good group to play with.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2488 on: June 06, 2018, 11:22:26 PM »
So WB is probably going to be announcing a Hitman tomorrow but I really just want them to announce MK11

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2489 on: June 07, 2018, 02:28:39 PM »
I can't wait...gimme dat good shit, Boon!

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2490 on: June 08, 2018, 10:14:33 AM »

Damn, heck of a day for FG news cause DBFZ has a Pro Tour now too

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/1005071961825804288

thisismyusername

« Reply #2491 on: June 08, 2018, 10:43:04 AM »
Huh, they're putting DOA6 on Steam. Here goes the overcharging over the console versions again. :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2492 on: June 08, 2018, 11:34:01 AM »
DOA6 looking g--

“In Japan, there is a game for kids where you make two sumo wrestlers out of folded paper or cardboard, place them on a platform, and two players tap the platform repeatedly with only one finger until one of the sumo figures collapses in defeat,” Shimbori explained. “Today, games developed for smartphone devices are often played with similar simplicity. That made me want to create a fighting game playable with only one finger, and this idea became the foundation of the new Special button.”

Simply mashing the Special button allows players to execute a Fatal Rush, which is a powerful combo attack. A series of up to four neatly animated punches and kicks make even a first-time player look like an expert. The Break Gauge – the first super meter ever for the series – gets charged with every attack landed or taken, and by blocking. Once it is full, players can perform either the Break Blow, which is a flashy and highly destructive special attack, or the Break Hold, a useful counter attack that deals low damage but works against high, low and mid attacks. Both are executed with the Special button; for Break Blow you simultaneously press forward, and backward if you want to perform the Break Hold. That’s really all there is to it!

:ryker
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 11:38:52 AM by bork »
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2493 on: June 08, 2018, 11:42:24 AM »
so you can play DOA one handed? color me shocked

but yeah, everything has an autocombo system now. i imagine SF6 will as well.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2494 on: June 08, 2018, 11:56:24 AM »
And of course you have Era celebrating a tweet saying that they're gonna tone down the pervy shit and have realistic bounce.

I LOL'd- They literally said the same thing about DOA5 and the DOA6 trailer has Helena with a boob window and panty shots all over the place.  :doge

« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 12:06:46 PM by bork »
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #2495 on: June 08, 2018, 03:42:13 PM »
Is it just me or do the graphics in that DoA6 trailer look like a pretty substantial improvement? Looks a lot more realistic.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2496 on: June 08, 2018, 04:10:02 PM »
Is it just me or do the graphics in that DoA6 trailer look like a pretty substantial improvement? Looks a lot more realistic.

Same art style, but sure it looks better-- DOA5 is from 2012!
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #2497 on: June 08, 2018, 07:16:50 PM »
Well I caved and bought Cross Battle deluxe. I've been reading the Era OT every day and watching videos and I know it's not worth the money, but it looks fun and I can't help myself. Will play through the story modes.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2498 on: June 08, 2018, 09:08:23 PM »
Well I caved and bought Cross Battle deluxe.

:dead :dead :mindblown :mindblown :dead :dead

You didn't play the last two Arc games you got, dude!  WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Go play the DBZ story mode.   Or better yet, go try ONE OF THESE GAMES ONLINE ALREADY.
:ufup
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #2499 on: June 08, 2018, 10:54:53 PM »
Well I caved and bought Cross Battle deluxe.

:dead :dead :mindblown :mindblown :dead :dead

You didn't play the last two Arc games you got, dude!  WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Go play the DBZ story mode.   Or better yet, go try ONE OF THESE GAMES ONLINE ALREADY.
:ufup

:lol

To be fair there are reasons I haven't played those much. With Central Fiction I'm waaaay behind in Blazblu's longass complicated storyline so I need to catch up before I play it. With DBZF I started the story mode but realized pretty quick I don't like DBZ at all so didn't get far in. Whereas there's nothing holding me back from running through the fanservice gag crossover storylines in this one and I do like crossover stuff like Super Robot Wars, so I'm gonna start on the story modes tonight.

Online though,  :doge
Yeah, not for me.

Bebpo

« Reply #2500 on: June 09, 2018, 01:14:53 AM »
Ok, went through the training mode and then beat Guilty Gear's path in the story mode.

So this game is...way better than I expected. I mean I picked it up because the word of mouth from the Era thread and videos, but yeah this totally feels like the most fun fighting game since MvC3. I'm really impressed with some of the gameplay ideas that feel like evolutions from MvC for a tag-versus game like being able to tag into your assist character while they're doing a move during a tag attack and your main jumps out. So many abilities to create your own custom combos. Also like that there's like no loading on PS4 and they did a good job making the Undernight characters look like they fit in.

Tried online and got like 3 hits in before dying in a couple matches and walked out with a big NOPE.

The only two negatives I have with the game are that there's no arcade mode WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS TREND. Episode mode doesn't count since you can't pick your characters, so all that's left is survival mode which kinda sucks. Would be nice if they patched in an arcade mode like SFV....

Other negative is just too many BB characters in the roster compared to the other series. I thought it was gonna be an even distrobution but everyone has like 3-5 characters and BB has like 11 or something already.

Still, I like what they did to some of the characters, it's made them really fun to play. Also the various auto-combos work better here than in DBZF or some of the fighters from what I'm seeing because they're just multi-hit links to use in combos or in general rather than full combos.

thisismyusername

« Reply #2501 on: June 09, 2018, 01:22:44 AM »
People actually care about Blazeblue's shitty story? :goty2

Dude, you're playing it for Hazama. Not the damn story. :goty2

Bebpo

« Reply #2502 on: June 09, 2018, 01:27:19 AM »
Eh, all I know is Guilty Gear's story is pretty fun so it makes me wanna play through the BB story at some point.

Bebpo

« Reply #2503 on: June 09, 2018, 03:47:51 AM »
The more I go through the character movelists in Cross Tag, the more interesting the game is. They really did reinvent these characters for this game (for better or worse, who knows). It's crazy how there's not a single DP input and the entire game is just QCF/QCB moves and auto-combos. Feels like it's the lowest skill barrier I've ever seen in a traditional fighter. First fighting game I can actually execute the combos in mission mode on my first couple tries.

Be real curious to see how this plays with local friends someday. Feels like it could be a very fun fighter. Also feels like it's the kind of game that needs like 60+ character roster, which it will never get since it's such a huge sales bomb. Hopefully in 2 months after 40 characters the roster will feel good. Seems like most of the non-BB series will have 75% of their rosters in by that point. Imagine if this game actually had sold well and they added Guilty Gear characters to the mix. Would've been crazy.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2504 on: June 09, 2018, 05:46:48 PM »
I would definitely have preferred a "Guilty Gear Vs. BlazBlue" game over Cross Tag, that's for sure.  Or better yet just make another Persona fighting game because those play awesome and dat music.

I need some more DLC characters here.  Hurry up with Litchi and Teddy.  They better be in. :punch

Tried online and got like 3 hits in before dying in a couple matches and walked out with a big NOPE.

:dead

Come on, man.  You gotta try more than a few matches.  Were you doing ranked?  Nope out of that and go to lobbies if so.  Try doing the base tutorials too.  Make sure to learn defense!
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #2505 on: June 09, 2018, 06:14:04 PM »
I don't understand how Taokaka didn't make the initial cut.

Bebpo

« Reply #2506 on: June 09, 2018, 08:27:41 PM »
Not in the leaked dlc list either.

I always thought she was the most creative design of the BB crew and pretty fun to play as. Doesn’t look like Bork’s main Litchi is getting either. I have fond memories of Teach Me Mrs. Litchi, the fun comedy tutorial with Litchi & Taokaka from the first game. Sad to see both missing. Does anyone really care about Es?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2507 on: June 09, 2018, 09:15:20 PM »
Not in the leaked dlc list either.

I always thought she was the most creative design of the BB crew and pretty fun to play as. Doesn’t look like Bork’s main Litchi is getting either. I have fond memories of Teach Me Mrs. Litchi, the fun comedy tutorial with Litchi & Taokaka from the first game. Sad to see both missing. Does anyone really care about Es?

I thought I saw Litchi listed in a leak?   :'(

But yeah, I like Es.  She plays pretty awesome.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #2508 on: June 12, 2018, 01:05:16 PM »

:delicious

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2509 on: June 13, 2018, 10:19:44 AM »
Looking good on PC- here it is running at 4K.

ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2510 on: June 15, 2018, 11:47:45 AM »
Heading to Undefeated in AZ in a couple hours. Should be fun. Entering SFV and Smash 4 there, but I don't expect to do too well in SFV cause I just haven't had time to practice as much as I'd like. However I'm expecting a top 8 placement in Smash 4.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
cause there's only 7 people registered :lol
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2511 on: June 15, 2018, 11:58:25 AM »
This is amazing
ど助平

Coax

« Reply #2512 on: June 15, 2018, 12:13:39 PM »
Looking good on PC- here it is running at 4K.

8)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2513 on: June 19, 2018, 09:35:19 AM »
BlazBlue Cross-Tag Battle got updated and more characters are available.

They changed Vatista from a charge character to a qcf/qcb character.  That's ridiculous and I hope there's something in place to stop her from spamming, but it doesn't seem like it from messing around in training.   :lol
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2514 on: June 19, 2018, 10:20:47 AM »
Got 7th place in Smash 4 at Undefeated. Stealth Smash God confirmed. :lol

More importantly, got recognized as being NM's main Tournament Organizer and had folks saying they are excited to attend our next big regional event. :itagaki

thisismyusername

« Reply #2515 on: June 19, 2018, 11:41:00 AM »
They changed Vatista from a charge character to a qcf/qcb character.

WTF. Why would you do that? That's like letting Guile spam his Sonic Booms easily. :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2516 on: June 19, 2018, 01:17:17 PM »

WTF. Why would you do that? That's like letting Guile spam his Sonic Booms easily. :lol

Methinks her and that big clawed dude from UNIEL are going to be an unstopped team.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #2517 on: June 19, 2018, 03:52:49 PM »

Problem is Cross-Tag’s goal for accessibility is every move is QCF/QCB. Don’t think there’s any charge moves.

In MvC, did Guile keep his charge moves?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2518 on: June 19, 2018, 04:04:15 PM »
Yep, he did. There were some characters with charge moves in MVC3 as well: Hulk, Chun, Felicia, and Shuma come to mind. Capcom made them easier by making the charge time nearly non-existent though.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2519 on: June 20, 2018, 08:04:35 AM »
Vatista is thankfully not as broken as she initially seemed.  Got owned all over by some experienced players last night when I tried her.  I was able to spam my way to victory with just her beam against n00bs though.   :lol
ど助平