Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 435079 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Fighting Games Thread: NICE CHINCHIN
« Reply #3300 on: July 31, 2019, 09:50:48 PM »

ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #3301 on: July 31, 2019, 09:53:59 PM »
bork going to bat for Switch against The Dreadtyrant TIMU :rejoice

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3302 on: July 31, 2019, 10:13:47 PM »
Okay the longer trailer has me more interested in Poison. Lucia has a tatsu and a fireball and lightning legs and looks like a Cammy alt costume :zzz Seems like a waste.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3303 on: July 31, 2019, 10:38:51 PM »
Okay the longer trailer has me more interested in Poison. Lucia has a tatsu and a fireball and lightning legs and looks like a Cammy alt costume :zzz Seems like a waste.

The game did not need another blonde woman who plays like this, lol.
ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #3304 on: July 31, 2019, 11:38:49 PM »
FighterZ Switch just dropped 70% to $18 :confused

Shitch port is mediocre, but that's the norm for Shitch, if it's the only way you can play it's ok.

:camby

Stop being ridiculous.   :lol

It drops frames, bb. It's not the tournament standard (that's PS4 with it's horrible load times, but the FGC is console, so :yeshrug ), nobody reasonable plays it on the Shitch over the PC or PS4.

It's not ridiculous to expect more from ports.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3305 on: August 01, 2019, 12:43:45 AM »
Yes, it does have frame drops to below 60, with the bigger dips usually when more cinematic stuff is happening...and it's still an amazing port.  If you're wanting the tournament-standard version, you wouldn't be playing this regardless if it happens or not.  Most people aren't even going to notice for the most part- the dynamic resolution changes are way more noticeable.  IIRC it also runs better docked.

It's worth checking out for $18.  Curb your Switch hate boner, breh.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 12:50:08 AM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3306 on: August 01, 2019, 12:45:30 PM »
I'm up for some SFV again after like six months of barely touching it.  Hopefully one of the three new additions will click and I'll just start over with him/her.  We'll see.  Hope there's still news on a major update to come.

There's lots of great fighting games out there right now, but I really haven't played as much this year.  Just get disappointed with how some games are handled or drop them due to online populations dwindling.  Samurai Shodown has easily been the biggest breath of fresh air for me this year- was hoping that would be DOA6, but the DLC practices and asset recycling from DOA5 brought it down.  I still want to get back to it, however, particularly after watching this guy's videos.  Amazing stuff.  :lol  I miss shit-talking morons with mics.

ど助平

Propagandhim

« Reply #3307 on: August 01, 2019, 02:16:15 PM »
I can't believe they expect people to do another year of SFV.    No new mechanics, either.   :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3308 on: August 01, 2019, 02:27:27 PM »
I can't believe they expect people to do another year of SFV.    No new mechanics, either.   :lol

Why are you expecting new mechanics, though?  I mean it would be nice to get an Arcade Edition-level update again but I wouldn't expect that just like I wouldn't expect that with any other fighting game out right now.
ど助平

Propagandhim

« Reply #3309 on: August 01, 2019, 02:43:04 PM »

Why are you expecting new mechanics, though?  I mean it would be nice to get an Arcade Edition-level update again but I wouldn't expect that just like I wouldn't expect that with any other fighting game out right now.

Because the game is exceptionally boring.  The systems are meager; whatever is there is not robust enough to produce anything but the same redundant situations over and over again.  There's no creativity in SFV - everyone's Ryu/Cammy/X is played the same way.  This has been a perennial complaint of the game, so I'd expect them to add a new system.  I mean, even SFV added Red Focus at some point, and SF4 wasn't as creatively barebones as SFV..   

Spectating competitive tourneys for this game is like watching grass grow.  It's dreary.  Sure, the top players may appreciate the extreme nuances of footsies and millimeters of spacing, etc..but the game is a fucking bore in terms of entertainment for spectators.  That they add so much cosmetic content to a game that is so scrimpy is insulting.

CVS2 and it's groove system?  Now that's a got-dayum game.  Was an absolute joy to explore and open up.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 02:49:29 PM by Propagandhim »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3310 on: August 01, 2019, 04:15:28 PM »
SF4 didn't add the wild shit like Double Ultra and Red Focus and Edition Select until Ultra, so I expect if there is another version of SFV it'll be the last one and they'll put in a bunch of stuff and let people go HAM.

CVS2 is a funny one to bring up as an exciting title cause that shit was basically dead in the water from being seen as slow and boring until roll cancelling was discovered and kinda changed the way the game was played. That being said it's still a long ass game to play. A grand finals with reset in that could take up to 1.5 hours back in the day. Still my favorite FG of all time though.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3312 on: August 01, 2019, 11:38:21 PM »
I actually really liked base SFV and am ok with the game as far as casual play, especially since the AE rev came out. I think there is a lot of missed opportunity with it though, and they kind of got cheap on it.

Agree it isn't the most hype to watch competitively, which boils down to the design I think...unless they really tweak it I can't see it getting better through balance patches or anything.

All that said debating catching my PC up to PS4 as far as stages/seasons etc go as they are on sale.  :derp

Tasty

« Reply #3313 on: August 02, 2019, 01:55:45 PM »
I will be taking over the anti-Smash brigade now. TIMU thank you for your service. :american

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3314 on: August 02, 2019, 02:56:00 PM »
DOA 6 is something I could see myself buying as I play 5 often with the cousins. To me the costumes in DoA are truly optional, but on V there's so many bad designs that are "solved" by optional costume upgrades... and I think Capcom knows it.

The problem with DOA6, to me, is that it feels so much like DOA5 but with added super moves...and less characters/content (they even removed tag).  If you just want to mess around with local play, I'd say to just get DOA5LR instead.
ど助平

Tripon

« Reply #3315 on: August 02, 2019, 03:26:27 PM »
https://clips.twitch.tv/ModernMotionlessMangoMcaT

Using their own tournament to release news about their fighting game.  :lol

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3316 on: August 02, 2019, 05:16:29 PM »
No one there watching Samsho pools  :'(

Tripon

« Reply #3317 on: August 02, 2019, 07:18:35 PM »
https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqvg15

"One thing I'd like to clear up is that I never told ally id expose him if he desired to leave me, I touch briefly on this later in this statement.
This twitlonger is in no way trying to defend my actions. Im simply explaining the story. I apologize to Nairo and Zackray for ruining the integrity of competition and to the entire community for letting my personal relationship affect an entire result.
The truth is I told Ally to throw to Zackray at Prime saga, and Nairo at Momocon."
This fucking community.
::)

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3318 on: August 02, 2019, 07:39:10 PM »
is that smash drama?  :camby :camby

Himu

« Reply #3319 on: August 02, 2019, 09:34:46 PM »
Kill La Kill game reminds me of that one 2d fighter that was on Hi Score Girl that's also on a 3d plane. I forgot the name but it really reminds me of it and uses the same perspectives.  Doesn't look like a standard arena fighter.
IYKYK

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3320 on: August 02, 2019, 11:43:59 PM »
Holy shit SCVI is hype.  :o

Tripon

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3322 on: August 03, 2019, 01:54:32 PM »
these announcers for KLK are way too hype  :lol

Himu

« Reply #3323 on: August 03, 2019, 02:05:37 PM »
UNIST :gladbron
IYKYK

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #3324 on: August 03, 2019, 05:47:15 PM »
Ugh this DBFighterz final is intense
o_0

thisismyusername

« Reply #3325 on: August 03, 2019, 05:53:38 PM »
The lack of Beerus in these finals... :beli

Game still nothing but GOKU GOKU (COLOR) GOKU (KID/TEEN/GOD) vs GOKU GOKU (COLOR) GOKU (KID/TEEN/GOD) projectile beam spam.

Marvel this ain't. :beli

MrAngryFace

« Reply #3326 on: August 03, 2019, 06:00:12 PM »
The lack of Beerus in these finals... :beli

Game still nothing but GOKU GOKU (COLOR) GOKU (KID/TEEN/GOD) vs GOKU GOKU (COLOR) GOKU (KID/TEEN/GOD) projectile beam spam.

Yeah, its not like the DB universe lacks other fighters, and if they can have yamcha at tourney level they could put bubbles in and not worry about it being realistic
o_0

thisismyusername

« Reply #3327 on: August 03, 2019, 06:07:34 PM »
I'm just :pjsalt -y because I play Beerus and he gets stuffed SO VERY FUCKING EASILY by like 90% of the cast that it's boggling that Arc hasn't reworked the game or just him to make him better.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3328 on: August 03, 2019, 06:29:58 PM »

marvel 3 top 4 is on tonight at 6 pacific on https://www.twitch.tv/evo6 if you want to see the real shit ;)

thisismyusername

« Reply #3329 on: August 03, 2019, 06:46:05 PM »
In any case, my bank account will hate me this month: Got SC6, the Tekken 7 pass (2, already own 1 due to Deluxe), and DBZF Season passes for like $80.

Negan is... :beli His lines are straight from the show and he's really not implemented too well. I'm wondering what AMC paid for this.

Haven't gotten around to the DBZ stuff yet, will actually be able to practice Jiren now for the friend that actually wants me to play this.

thisismyusername

« Reply #3330 on: August 03, 2019, 07:24:42 PM »
REDEMPTION ARC.

That's what you get for last year, you goddamn furry. :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3331 on: August 03, 2019, 08:44:24 PM »
Holy crap at that last Samurai Shodown match- with 00 on the clock and less life than the other player, Infiltration does the rage explosion and stops the timer...then right when he runs out meter, his opponent does the explosion and Infiltration ends up winning.  Insane!
ど助平

MrAngryFace

« Reply #3332 on: August 03, 2019, 08:53:52 PM »

marvel 3 top 4 is on tonight at 6 pacific on https://www.twitch.tv/evo6 if you want to see the real shit ;)

Infinite was balls- but the port of UMvC3 to PC was nice
o_0

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3333 on: August 03, 2019, 09:20:40 PM »
I'm one of the few left that still like Infinite but I really am bummed it never really took off. UMVC3 is still the champ though, the most hype FG of all time imo.

I had kinda hoped MVCI going on PC/XBox Game Pass might spark something with the game but Marvel heads are all on PS4 lol

Anyway UMVC3 is up https://www.twitch.tv/evo6

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3334 on: August 03, 2019, 09:25:09 PM »
Is the crowd chanting "YEAH!!!" every time Haohmaru punches? :lol
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3335 on: August 03, 2019, 09:26:38 PM »
Sacktap's team is so :lawd Shutting down the top tiers

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3336 on: August 03, 2019, 09:43:21 PM »
Holy crap at that last Samurai Shodown match- with 00 on the clock and less life than the other player, Infiltration does the rage explosion and stops the timer...then right when he runs out meter, his opponent does the explosion and Infiltration ends up winning.  Insane!

Here's a clip!

https://clips.twitch.tv/RacyCogentFennelGivePLZ
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3337 on: August 03, 2019, 10:15:12 PM »
JoeyD won Marvel but Sacktap's Ghost Rider/Haggar/Arthur being in Grand Finals was awesome to see. 2019 Marvel is badass!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3338 on: August 03, 2019, 10:19:54 PM »
Infiltration wins Samurai Shodown!  He just about dominated the grand finals and made Kazunoko lose his damn mind.  Never seen such a look of sheer confusion on somebody's face like that before. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3340 on: August 03, 2019, 10:35:26 PM »
Infiltration was on another level in that top 8

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3341 on: August 03, 2019, 10:41:56 PM »
Daigo vs. Alex Valle happening right now in SFV on CapcomFighters- taking it back!
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3342 on: August 03, 2019, 10:45:04 PM »
Sombody in the SFV stream chat said something along the lines of:

:goldberg
"Samurai Shodown looked so boring.  Just random pokes and DPs.  Does the game even have combos?"

Kids.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3343 on: August 03, 2019, 11:16:24 PM »
mk11 top 8 starting now
https://www.twitch.tv/evo

sonicfox, deoxys, foxy grampa, dragon, tekken master, hayatei, semiji, and tweedy all in

thisismyusername

« Reply #3344 on: August 03, 2019, 11:31:25 PM »

Here's a clip!

Cool, still a wife-beater though. :doge

DBZF's story mode is :snore Finally finished it and unlocked Android 21. Only took me like 3-4 hours to go around the last like 5 maps I had to do.

"Samurai Shodown looked so boring.  Just random pokes and DPs.  Does the game even have combos?"

Kids.

I mean, being fair: Watching Jwong's match before I tapped out to do the above: SamSho does look slow. So I can't blame spectators for thinking it's dumb.

Himu

« Reply #3345 on: August 03, 2019, 11:37:48 PM »
"random" pokes. lol

In a game like Samsho pokes aren't random.

UNIST :jeb

UNIclr announced :jeb
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3346 on: August 03, 2019, 11:39:30 PM »
Ryan Hart saying "Hopefully this one doesn't get broken" when Infiltration got his trophy :rofl

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3347 on: August 04, 2019, 12:04:01 AM »
I got dragged out and missed samsho finals.  :'(

Worth looking for?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3348 on: August 04, 2019, 12:43:08 AM »
It was very good. Also EVO is on top of it this year and uploading each match from all the top 8s to YT as they finish so it's all up on their channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/evo2kvids/playlists

Tripon

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3351 on: August 04, 2019, 11:47:50 AM »

Here's a clip!

Cool, still a wife-beater though. :doge

I thought it was pretty much proven now that he didn't do anything more than injure her wrist when they were fighting over her locking him out of his own house or something.  Last I saw, it came out that his ex was full of shit and was trying to get all the money for the house that he paid for himself- apparently they never even got officially married.  It sounds like a mess.

Kids.

I mean, being fair: Watching Jwong's match before I tapped out to do the above: SamSho does look slow. So I can't blame spectators for thinking it's dumb.

It is slow.  It's also very much old-school and totally fucking awesome. 
 :aah
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3352 on: August 04, 2019, 11:49:27 AM »
https://twitter.com/CapcomFighters/status/1157890811796713472

Nice to see a fresh line-up and not some of the usual faces in there. Might watch after-all- TBH I lost interest after the character leaks came out.  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3353 on: August 04, 2019, 12:24:58 PM »
More leaks  :lol

:neogaf

Trailer is in the link:
https://nintendoeverything.com/new-characters-leaked-for-blazblue-cross-tag-battle/

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle is expected to launch a 2.0 update on November 21. It will feature Yumi (Senran Kagura), Blitztank (Akatsuki Blitzkampf), Akatsuki (Akatsuki Blitzkampf), and Neo (RWBY). Five more characters will be announced in the future.

Yumi is a surprise- I figured they'd just get the Homura sprite from NitroPlus Blasterz- this looks a lot better.
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #3354 on: August 04, 2019, 01:23:00 PM »
BBTAG...

2.0 update is nice, I guess. But that game is dead on the vine after this EVO.

I just want P4U2 2.0 on Steam so I don't have to pirate the arcade version for a PC version. :'(

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3355 on: August 04, 2019, 03:36:57 PM »
BBTAG...

(Image removed from quote.)

2.0 update is nice, I guess. But that game is dead on the vine after this EVO.

I just want P4U2 2.0 on Steam so I don't have to pirate the arcade version for a PC version. :'(

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3356 on: August 04, 2019, 03:37:49 PM »
Idom using Laura in a bikini!  CORE VALUES?!
:exxy
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3357 on: August 04, 2019, 03:40:04 PM »
Pretty hype to see a (mostly) different set of people in top 8 and SFV start out with Laura vs. Sagat!  But then Bonchan switched to Karin after Idom beat him in the first match.

Now Idom is in losers.

I think this top 8 is Laura, Sagat, Karin, Zeku, Rashid, Necalli, and Zangief? 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3358 on: August 04, 2019, 04:08:10 PM »
Capcom will make a new Street Fighter V announcement in November and December, series producer Yoshinori Ono said at EVO 2019.

In an English-written statement prepared by Ono at the start of the Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition grand finals, he said:

Dear EVO, Joey, and Street Fighter fans around the world. We sincerely apologize to everyone who was looking forward to a big announcement this year. We wanted to put together something else for you guys, but it didn’t quite work out. Trust me, we feel your disappointment.

There is nothing in Blanka’s pocket today. But please look forward to a new Street Fighter V announcement in November and December. We will make sure Blanka has a gift in his pocket at this year’s Capcom Cup at the (Nobel?) in Los Angeles. Looking forward to seeing you all there. You are all invited. Until then, please the new characters, the EVO finals, and the rest of the Capcom Pro Tour season. Thank you very much.

The latest characters to join Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, E. Honda, Lucia, and Poison, will launch on August 4.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3359 on: August 04, 2019, 05:58:27 PM »
Bonchan wins after a close match with Big Bird!
 :whoo
ど助平