Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 428956 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Fighting Games Thread: NICE CHINCHIN
« Reply #3241 on: July 08, 2019, 08:03:46 AM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3242 on: July 08, 2019, 08:11:05 AM »
Gameplay:

Story mode (English dubbed- you can also play it with Japanese voices):

Kill La Kill IF is incredibly basic (follows the simplistic "arena fighter" archetype), but seems much better than say, the My Hero Academia game that came out last year or anything from Bandai-Namco, for that matter.  Arc didn't make this title, but it's either using their Guilty Gear Xrd engine or they must have had some input.  Studio Trigger did as well- the cut scenes match the anime series pretty closely and at times it looked like a TV show.  Pretty impressive in that regard- My wife walked in and asked why I was re-watching the show, lol.

Also is not censored on PS4 -at least the HK demo isn't- which is surprisingly nowadays.   :doge

The in-game animation is a little stiff, but that oddly actually helped to make this feel more like a "real game," if that makes any sense.   :lol  I think because of this it will probably end up playing just fine on the Switch (which is going run at 30 FPS), however on the flip side of the coin, them not having a playable Switch demo makes me wonder if it's a shit port and they're trying to hide it until launch.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 08:24:06 AM by bork »
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3243 on: July 08, 2019, 09:18:12 AM »
why won't they make a new power stone

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3244 on: July 09, 2019, 09:12:16 AM »
Amazon (and I think Gamestop too?) is selling the Soul Calibur VI Collector's Edition -normally $149.99- for $49.99 right now!  Xbox One is back up to $150 but the PS4 version is still $50. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3245 on: July 10, 2019, 09:49:53 AM »
https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1148926116155002880

Awesome- just bought it!  DOA6 is $30 as well on Walmart and Amazon.  You can get the game all the DLC for the price it cost new a few months ago, lol.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3246 on: July 10, 2019, 03:50:43 PM »
Amazon (and I think Gamestop too?) is selling the Soul Calibur VI Collector's Edition -normally $149.99- for $49.99 right now!  Xbox One is back up to $150 but the PS4 version is still $50.

This just arrived- Hilarious that it doesn't come with the season pass that the deluxe version does.   :lol  What were they thinking?  $150+ MSRP and still "fuck you- give us more money!"  I already have it and just got this for the art book and figure, but man would I have been disappointed if I had paid that much at launch only to find that out.  Scamco! 

Totally worth it for $50 though!
ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #3247 on: July 10, 2019, 06:43:32 PM »
https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1148926116155002880

Awesome- just bought it!  DOA6 is $30 as well on Walmart and Amazon.  You can get the game all the DLC for the price it cost new a few months ago, lol.

If only that was the price during the steam sale. :'(

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3248 on: July 10, 2019, 08:11:31 PM »
At least on Steam you can buy all the DLC a la carte now.  Helps a little bit.
ど助平

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

thisismyusername

« Reply #3250 on: July 10, 2019, 11:05:40 PM »
At least on Steam you can buy all the DLC a la carte now.  Helps a little bit.

Yeah, but I'm talking the base game. They didn't drop the price to $30, if they did I'd have the non-F2P DOA6 then. :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3252 on: July 15, 2019, 12:11:24 AM »
That’s awesome for samsho and more than expected.

Wonder why DBZ fell off so hard?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3253 on: July 15, 2019, 12:13:41 AM »
too many of the same fucking characters

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3254 on: July 15, 2019, 12:23:34 AM »
Maybe. I figured it’d have mahvel legs since it filled the niche/killed it but seems not.

Tasty

« Reply #3255 on: July 15, 2019, 12:27:07 AM »
1000+ entrants isn't anything to sneeze at tho...

Tasty

« Reply #3256 on: July 15, 2019, 12:27:45 AM »
What's Unist?

Also looking forward to Smash being the final game Sunday :preach

I'll send you some cheetohs Mr Wiz :preach

thisismyusername

« Reply #3257 on: July 15, 2019, 12:53:01 AM »
What's Unist?

Under Night In-birth: exe: late[ST]

Arc System Work animu fighter on an animu property IIRC. (Guilty Gear/Blazblue dev house) Featured fighters in BlazBlue Cross-tag.

Also looking forward to Smash being the final game Sunday :preach

Good, so the shit everyone actually wants to fucking watch (read: fighting games) will be on earlier and the notable late-running tournament game (read: Not a fighting game/sMellee) will be on when the NinTENyearolds have to go to bed because they have school the next day. :kermit

#BlessYouWiz

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #3258 on: July 15, 2019, 01:51:55 AM »
Maybe. I figured it’d have mahvel legs since it filled the niche/killed it but seems not.

I think even with the decline for DBZF, it has more entries than a marvel game ever had at EVO. UMVC3 height was in 2013 with 1297 players.

https://forums.shoryuken.com/t/evo-historical-entrants-and-information/150014

thisismyusername

« Reply #3259 on: July 15, 2019, 09:12:27 AM »
too many of the same fucking characters

That and no depth. Like, at all. Goku plays the same as Goku Black, nearly. Oh, but Goku Black's super isn't a projectile beam, it's a project beam that has waves! COOL!

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3260 on: July 15, 2019, 11:19:02 AM »

The game was made a lot more simple with the Season 2 balance patch which lead to many matches playing out the same way over and over and reduced the amount of "viable" characters. Also the DLC drip has been super slow. Season 1 was two characters every two months. Season 2 has had three characters release total, including Kid Goku who has broken the game. Not like "hes just real good" broken, but he actually breaks the rules of the game that were set in the Season 2 patch and has become basically required to have a worthwhile team.

Tasty

« Reply #3262 on: July 15, 2019, 11:22:11 AM »

The game was made a lot more simple with the Season 2 balance patch which lead to many matches playing out the same way over and over and reduced the amount of "viable" characters. Also the DLC drip has been super slow. Season 1 was two characters every two months. Season 2 has had three characters release total, including Kid Goku who has broken the game. Not like "hes just real good" broken, but he actually breaks the rules of the game that were set in the Season 2 patch and has become basically required to have a worthwhile team.

"YOU'LL TAKE YOUR GT AND LIKE IT"

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3263 on: July 15, 2019, 11:24:22 AM »
Pretty much. :lol He's without question the best character in the game and better than anyone has been ever in the game. He can chain together level 3 supers and can touch of death combo anyone in the game without using Sparking (the game's x-factor/rage/comeback meter equivalent)

Meanwhile the devs removed the ability to chain together level 1 supers from everyone else in the game cause they didn't want that to be a way to push big damage numbers.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 11:28:34 AM by nachobro »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3264 on: July 15, 2019, 11:48:53 AM »
Fuck you Mr. Wizard for your bias against DOA.  Anyway, good to see Samurai Shodown numbers stayed high.
ど助平

thisismyusername

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3266 on: July 17, 2019, 11:50:27 AM »

:rofl
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3267 on: July 26, 2019, 12:28:36 PM »
Fantasy Strike and Kill La Kill IF are out today in 'Murica. 

I got the latter a few days ago and it's a fun little arena fighter, but I doubt it's going to be anything big or catch on with most folks.  Worth checking out if you like KLK a lot but don't bother if you don't.  You also have to unlock EVERYTHING including online versus modes by playing through the story.  WHY

Fantasy Strike is officially out (I guess?  Had on Steam for like 1-2 years or whatever) and now has cross-play between Steam and consoles...but not both Switch and PS4.  You get Steam/Switch or Steam/PS4, so PC is the way to go to get the most amount of players online.  I still got it on Switch anyway because SWITCH.
:itagaki
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #3268 on: July 31, 2019, 01:40:49 PM »
FighterZ Switch just dropped 70% to $18 :confused

Worth it? :idont

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3269 on: July 31, 2019, 02:05:36 PM »

Worth it? :idont

Digitally?  About time, damn.  :lol  Been low like that on other platforms (with sales and stuff) for a while.

It's an absolutely amazing port of the game.  If you like DBZ it's worth checking out.  If you just want to go online and play, get ready to be absolutely destroyed by better players, MAHVEL-style, AKA just put the controller down and watch them combo you into oblivion.  :P 

Also note that there's two seasons' worth of DLC characters for sale.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #3270 on: July 31, 2019, 02:16:29 PM »
Yeah I don't think I'd go online much, I don't have the ethernet adapter either and I don't have the greatest connection speed right now.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3271 on: July 31, 2019, 02:40:09 PM »
DBFZ and Kill La Kill IF are the most visually-impressive fighters on the Switch by far- the latter is so close to the PS4 version.  Crazy!

Yeah, props to the MK11 port for having all the animation and content intact, but that low resolution and textures.  :yuck  The Arc System Works games look crazy-good and are more impressive for it.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3272 on: July 31, 2019, 03:03:37 PM »
This would have been way more work than I'm sure anyone would want to do, but they should have gone with a stylized cel-shaded look for MK11 on Switch. 
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3273 on: July 31, 2019, 03:44:39 PM »
This would have been way more work than I'm sure anyone would want to do, but they should have gone with a stylized cel-shaded look for MK11 on Switch.

Animation would have made it look ass anyway.  :lol

Hype for EVO announcements, not a lot planned this weekend so should get to see some. I am ok with KOF announcement but want another season of Tekken 7 (and SFV I guess).

Also SCVI still owes us a character.  :bolo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3274 on: July 31, 2019, 04:04:06 PM »
Yeah, I really want to know what's up with Street Fighter especially.  They've promised something big...here's hoping they can deliver something satisfying.  They said they're committed to SFV so it's not going to be a sequel.  Maybe another upgrade with several characters ready to go shortly after the announcement or something.

Didn't even know SC6 still had another character.  :lol  Hope it's Cassandra or LIZARDMAYNE.

Also super-hyped that I can basically stop watching it on Sunday after SFV...and can actually watch a whole SF top 8 live for once without having to go to bed.  Please keep Smash last always.

There's been a good number of new games over the past year, but a lot of stuff has either just not really clicked with me, fell off quick, or been disappointing.  Samurai Shodown is the best fighting game in so damn long.  Please do well at Evo.  PLS.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3275 on: July 31, 2019, 04:46:59 PM »
SFV rumors mostly seem to be them dropping 4-5 characters all at once and then announcing a Super version for 2020. Supposedly there's some real garbage in those unreleased characters but who knows. :lol

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3276 on: July 31, 2019, 06:37:29 PM »
Yun, Yang, Decapre, Hugo, Elena  :trigger

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3277 on: July 31, 2019, 06:59:47 PM »
SFV EVO trailer leaked

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/256757550/movie_max.webm?t=1564608735

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 07:03:55 PM by nachobro »

thisismyusername

« Reply #3278 on: July 31, 2019, 07:07:49 PM »
Yun, Yang, Hugo, Elena  :trigger

Would've been better than what we got (bar E. Honda, of course).

Poisons hair. :holeup

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3279 on: July 31, 2019, 07:09:00 PM »
I have no idea how they did it but they made Poison look WORSE in this than SF4's ugly ass art lmao

thisismyusername

« Reply #3280 on: July 31, 2019, 07:10:21 PM »

Shitch port is mediocre, but that's the norm for Shitch, if it's the only way you can play it's ok.

Yeah I don't think I'd go online much, I don't have the ethernet adapter either and I don't have the greatest connection speed right now.

Single-player is barren, however. I mean you'll get plenty of fights, but that's just it: If you're there for the story (give a damn about Dragonball, brehs. :girlaff ) you'll get like 2-3 hours, but the fights are a grind as the AI is damn near brain-dead, so you're just smashing auto-combos for like 5-10 hours to get the few characters that are locked to that mode.

I mean for $20, you'll get some fun out of it, but the offline is pretty meh if you aren't actually playing someone in it.

I have no idea how they did it but they made Poison look WORSE in this than SF4's ugly ass art lmao

Capcom's on a roll in regards to making returning characters look horrible: Ken, Akuma, Poison.

The only one that seems to have escaped pretty well is Daddy Cody. :uguu

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3281 on: July 31, 2019, 07:11:42 PM »
 :idont

Eh, OK with Honda, Lucia looks ok, and liked the Sodom troll in the stage.  :lol

Kind of underwhelming but at least they aren't letting it die?

I wanted Dan, Makoto, and C. Viper.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3282 on: July 31, 2019, 07:16:35 PM »
There's two more characters coming supposedly. I'm happy to see Honda.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3283 on: July 31, 2019, 07:49:45 PM »
Capcom doesn't own him, that's why he won't be in. It sucks. Also why they made Zeku instead of paying to get Strider in. At least FEXL has Skullomania so there's that.

I'm hurt about this Poison change for real tho. :maf

From

to

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3284 on: July 31, 2019, 08:00:43 PM »
Aaaaand trailer is gone
also

https://twitter.com/MrWiz/status/1156706856321966080

Yeah I know about the whole Arika thing. Wish those two crazy kids would stop fighting so Skullo and Darun Mister make it back into SF :'(
on the plus side Lucia looks like she has Blair Dame's toolset so that's something :doge

Tasty

« Reply #3285 on: July 31, 2019, 08:12:03 PM »
:jeanluc

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3286 on: July 31, 2019, 08:13:31 PM »
I feel like SFV was a kick in the dick to me personally. They put in Juri my SF4 main with half her toolset and she's complete garbage tier. They put in my girl Poison with half her toolset and made her ugly as sin. AND they teased Hakan but haven't done shit since then.

:fbm

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3287 on: July 31, 2019, 08:13:46 PM »
I am guessing $19.99 for the lot.

Honestly at this point there has to be enough data on microtransaction/DLC  releases as far as what attach rates are likely to be. I am curious whether or not there is even any dropoff from the content leak they've changed to versus 'season drops' where they just drip-feed it anyway. seems like easier to build hype for a few characters and sell them while everyone is/wants to play them.

I have a feeling however DOA drops DLC is the way to maximize profits from your core demographics.  :jgames

thetylerrob

« Reply #3288 on: July 31, 2019, 08:32:01 PM »
Another year of people pretending to give a shit about SFV  :fbm

Worst Street Fighter ever. Now put Kiryu in Tekken plz

thetylerrob

« Reply #3289 on: July 31, 2019, 08:40:39 PM »
MF E Honda lmaooooo

:dead

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #3290 on: July 31, 2019, 08:52:05 PM »
Is there a non capcops deleted version of the trailer?

what happened to poisons face  ??? when you uglier in sfv then sfiv some 3d modeller contractor fucked up

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3291 on: July 31, 2019, 08:52:42 PM »
https://www.gameinformer.com/dlc/2019/07/31/remaining-street-fighter-v-dlc-characters-seemingly-leaked

game informer has the trailer up if anyone missed it. also they had an excellent capcom burn

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3293 on: July 31, 2019, 08:54:32 PM »

Shitch port is mediocre, but that's the norm for Shitch, if it's the only way you can play it's ok.

:camby

Stop being ridiculous.   :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3294 on: July 31, 2019, 09:02:01 PM »
Watched that trailer on https://www.gameinformer.com/dlc/2019/07/31/remaining-street-fighter-v-dlc-characters-seemingly-leaked

OK, Poison looks better in the video- plus there's the nostalgia costume if you want the old look.  Digging Honda and Poison here. 

Sonya Blade Lucia...dunno.  Seems kind of uninspired.  Just like the original Final Fight 3 version.  Maybe she'll be fun to use.

But is that it?  I'm not trying to say GIVE ME MORE MORE MORE here, but just three characters after more than half a year?  I mean, it does kind of fit the time frame of one every few months...but would like to know if a bigger update is coming later on. 

Also why didn't they just reveal these characters months ago and release them every so often instead of staying silent?  :lol
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 09:07:26 PM by bork »
ど助平

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #3295 on: July 31, 2019, 09:08:34 PM »
Watched that trailer on https://www.gameinformer.com/dlc/2019/07/31/remaining-street-fighter-v-dlc-characters-seemingly-leaked

OK, Poison looks better in the video- plus there's the nostalgia costume if you want the old look.  Digging Honda and Poison here. 

Sonya Blade Lucia...dunno.  Seems kind of uninspired.  Just like the original Final Fight 3 version.  Maybe she'll be fun to use.

But is that it?  I'm not trying to say GIVE ME MORE MORE MORE here, but just three characters after more than half a year?  I mean, it does kind of fit the time frame of like three a month...but would like to know if a bigger update is coming later on. 

Also why didn't they just reveal these characters months ago and release them every so often instead of staying silent?  :lol

I feel like some dickhead marketer at capcom must have thought doing this this way witha  big surprise reveal might turn the games fortunes around, as opposed to the old steady drip strat. It is a mystery though.

TBH the game not having any news at all killed my interest in sfv this year, and I had been playing it pretty regularly since release. Poison looks alright in gameplay but the close up is still urgh. I don't wanna buy the pack because I hate honda and lucia looks whack. But having locked characters will bug me. fuck

thetylerrob

« Reply #3296 on: July 31, 2019, 09:13:35 PM »
Lucia is the most SFV character of all time
>blonde
>obscure final fight character
>recycled moves/animations because we ran out of money
>is just a sexy version of Stryker from MK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3297 on: July 31, 2019, 09:17:04 PM »
TBH the game not having any news at all killed my interest in sfv this year, and I had been playing it pretty regularly since release.

Same here- I haven't played it much this year because it just felt kind of "dead" to me without news about what was going on.  I would have been fine if they said SOMETHING, even "we're done with new characters."  It would have just been nice to have known.  These new additions will get me playing again.

Poison looks alright in gameplay but the close up is still urgh. I don't wanna buy the pack because I hate honda and lucia looks whack. But having locked characters will bug me. fuck

I always gotta get 'em all for that reason   :lol
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3298 on: July 31, 2019, 09:25:44 PM »
that poison costume is a mess and it could not be more obvious they just threw together some "new" thing last minute to be able to sell the classic costume  >:(

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3299 on: July 31, 2019, 09:48:11 PM »
Capcom trying to save the leak now.  :lol

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1156742613078302720

Wonder if they have anything else left to reveal? :thinking
ど助平