Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 434978 times)

curly

• cultural maoist
Re: Fighting Games Thread: NICE CHINCHIN
« Reply #3360 on: August 04, 2019, 06:14:28 PM »

I thought it was pretty much proven now that he didn't do anything more than injure her wrist when they were fighting over her locking him out of his own house or something.  Last I saw, it came out that his ex was full of shit and was trying to get all the money for the house that he paid for himself- apparently they never even got officially married.  It sounds like a mess.

Wasn't he convicted of domestic abuse  :doge

thetylerrob

« Reply #3361 on: August 04, 2019, 06:42:22 PM »

I thought it was pretty much proven now that he didn't do anything more than injure her wrist when they were fighting over her locking him out of his own house or something.  Last I saw, it came out that his ex was full of shit and was trying to get all the money for the house that he paid for himself- apparently they never even got officially married.  It sounds like a mess.

He plead guilty to "violence" after being advised by his lawyer that it would be a long legal case. He bruised her wrist while fighting over a phone after she refused to agree to getting a divorce and locked him out of their house that he paid the down payment for. While locked in the house she also destroyed all of his trophies. I don't know what happened with the house money after that but I know it was 100k and the legal case was still ongoing when the news broke about the wrist incident. Basically, the whole thing boils down to western SJW culture believing in a strict rule of physical abuse against women as valid and emotional abuse against men as not valid. Classic case of hoes mad all around tbh

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3362 on: August 04, 2019, 07:10:30 PM »
T7  :jeb

Bebpo

« Reply #3363 on: August 04, 2019, 07:14:41 PM »
Can anyone in the know tell me why BBTAG is dead these days? I haven't played it since the first week or two of launch, but it seemed like a great ASW take on Marvel v Capcom. I thought it played really well, was fun and was flashy.

That being said I don't think they should've called this Season 2/2.0, should've just released it as a whole new game with a new name like Blazeblu CT/CS/etc..., I mean that's what the new Undernight is doing. I just feel like even with 9 new characters, the only people who will be back to play it are people left still playing it whereas if it was a new sequel title with 9 new characters and some other changes it'd bring back a bigger audience jumping back for another 6-12 months.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3364 on: August 04, 2019, 08:40:02 PM »
Can anyone in the know tell me why BBTAG is dead these days?

It's...not...?  ???  I mean, I don't follow it much, but if it's still getting tournament spots and new content, it's doing fine.

He plead guilty to "violence" after being advised by his lawyer that it would be a long legal case. He bruised her wrist while fighting over a phone after she refused to agree to getting a divorce and locked him out of their house that he paid the down payment for. While locked in the house she also destroyed all of his trophies. I don't know what happened with the house money after that but I know it was 100k and the legal case was still ongoing when the news broke about the wrist incident. Basically, the whole thing boils down to western SJW culture believing in a strict rule of physical abuse against women as valid and emotional abuse against men as not valid. Classic case of hoes mad all around tbh

And all the stuff that was posted about him was done by his wife or someone siding with his wife in an attempt to ruin his reputation.  All libel last time I saw anything on it.

IIRC he got in trouble and lost his sponsorship plus Capcom Pro Tour standing in 2018 (And was banned from CPT this year too) for failing to disclose what was going on to his sponsor.

It seems like a pretty nasty situation and we're never going to know exactly what happened.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 08:54:03 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3365 on: August 04, 2019, 08:44:50 PM »
Samurai Shodown gets more content!!!  (See the SS thread!)

Soul Calibur VI gets Cassandra tomorrow...and Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown is coming!

HYPE KJAEFJHOAOIJEWOIJPOIAWFDPOKAFKOP :hyper
ど助平

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #3366 on: August 04, 2019, 08:59:22 PM »
https://twitter.com/nestsx7/status/1158178641160761344

Evo leaked that Snake will be in Tekken before the grand finals instead of waiting until after GF.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3367 on: August 04, 2019, 09:19:08 PM »
https://twitter.com/nestsx7/status/1158178641160761344

Evo leaked that Snake will be in Tekken before the grand finals instead of waiting until after GF.

:rofl 

It feels like everything has leaked by some fuck-up this year!  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3368 on: August 04, 2019, 09:20:26 PM »
That was a pretty intense Tekken Grand Final!  :o

So that's it for Evo for me- Please put Smash on last every year.  Glad it's over early.  ;)
ど助平

Tripon

« Reply #3369 on: August 04, 2019, 09:36:08 PM »
Tekken gets season 3 with Zafina returning and new original character Leroy Smith.

Leroy Smith is some old black dude that is a kung fu master.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3370 on: August 04, 2019, 09:37:44 PM »
Nothing on Snake- so was that a leak...or a teaser? :thinking
ど助平

Tripon

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3372 on: August 04, 2019, 09:38:31 PM »
Pretty cool that they're adding new moves to the other characters as well.

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3373 on: August 04, 2019, 09:39:52 PM »
It just hit me that "Evo Championship Series - Presented By PS4" is ending with a Nintendo game.  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3374 on: August 04, 2019, 09:41:55 PM »
Time for Arc System Works' next announcement!
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3375 on: August 04, 2019, 09:42:21 PM »
Oh fuck it's gonna be some Guilty Gear, brehs!  GG series creator is there to make the announcement.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3376 on: August 04, 2019, 09:47:06 PM »
Teaser for new GG game showing Sol, Ky, and a new character with some pretty cool armor.  Short, but hype as fuck.
ど助平

Tripon

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3378 on: August 04, 2019, 09:47:49 PM »
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3379 on: August 04, 2019, 09:48:18 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #3380 on: August 04, 2019, 09:49:31 PM »
Ultimate finals soon! :rejoice

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3381 on: August 04, 2019, 09:52:13 PM »
Three GG trailer posts in a row. 

...worth it.  :lol
ど助平

Tripon

« Reply #3382 on: August 04, 2019, 09:57:29 PM »
Wizard asking Markman to buy time with an impromptu interview.  :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3383 on: August 04, 2019, 09:58:28 PM »
Wizard asking Markman to buy time with an impromptu interview.  :lol

Nice botch at the beginning there.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #3384 on: August 04, 2019, 09:59:52 PM »
Watching Leffen's stream: https://www.twitch.tv/leffen

thetylerrob

« Reply #3385 on: August 04, 2019, 10:01:35 PM »
I'm butthurt about the Snake thing. Now all I care about is a Smash announcement but I kinda don't think there is one?

Tasty

« Reply #3386 on: August 04, 2019, 10:02:32 PM »
I'm butthurt about the Snake thing. Now all I care about is a Smash announcement but I kinda don't think there is one?

95% no.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3387 on: August 04, 2019, 10:07:46 PM »
"It's time.  To SMAAAASH!!"

:exxy
ど助平

Tripon

Bebpo

« Reply #3389 on: August 04, 2019, 11:33:24 PM »
I don't really understand why they are rebooting Guilty Gear with a new engine considering that Xrd still looks fucking greaaaaaaat and all they needed to do was add more characters, moves, sub-system stuff, story.

Because honestly I love GG A LOT and seeing Ky and Sol again for the billionth time isn't all that exciting. Still hyped for a new GG though because I fucking love GG, but yeah will wait for a more substantial trailer. The only thing that looked kinda interesting was Dead or Alive style stage transitions.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3390 on: August 04, 2019, 11:43:44 PM »
I don't really understand why they are rebooting Guilty Gear with a new engine considering that Xrd still looks fucking greaaaaaaat and all they needed to do was add more characters, moves, sub-system stuff, story.

Because honestly I love GG A LOT and seeing Ky and Sol again for the billionth time isn't all that exciting. Still hyped for a new GG though because I fucking love GG, but yeah will wait for a more substantial trailer. The only thing that looked kinda interesting was Dead or Alive style stage transitions.

It's just a teaser my dude- we don't know if that's a reboot or a sequel or what.   Granblue Fantasy Versus is their next release anyway (and that game is great; the beta rocked!) and we still don't have all the info on that yet.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #3391 on: August 04, 2019, 11:46:19 PM »
Granblue ain't really my thing. Might buy it to support Arc, but I'm usually gung ho day 1 about all ASW releases (hell I don't even know DBZ and I still picked up that one), but just not interested in the IP and the gameplay looks a little slow to me. Keeps reminding of ASW's Battle Fantasia which was the only ASW fighter I didn't like.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3392 on: August 04, 2019, 11:47:47 PM »
Granblue ain't really my thing. Might buy it to support Arc, but I'm usually gung ho day 1 about all ASW releases (hell I don't even know DBZ and I still picked up that one), but just not interested in the IP and the gameplay looks a little slow to me. Keeps reminding of ASW's Battle Fantasia which was the only ASW fighter I didn't like.

I don't know anything about Granblue!  It's just a really solid, more traditional "Street Fighter" style fighting game from them.  It doesn't feel like Battle Fantasia did. 

I liked BF at the time, but it was very much a proto-2.5D fighter for what would come out and everything that followed it played and felt better.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #3393 on: August 04, 2019, 11:51:37 PM »
A lot of ASW fans are skeptical because BBTag and DBFZ and other recent games have gone esports and are more baby-fied. Looking forward to it but skeptical given recent ASW stuff (BBtag dlc shenanigans for instance).

People are saying the same thing about GranBlue - that it lacks traditional ASW depth.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #3394 on: August 05, 2019, 12:10:11 AM »
Honestly very interested in playing Zafina in T7. Her moveset looks insane and very up my alley. Need to concentrate on modern games more.
IYKYK

Tripon

Tripon

« Reply #3396 on: August 05, 2019, 01:09:00 AM »
MK Leo wins Smash Brothers Ultimate. And so EVO is over. Unless there's one last surprise announcement.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #3397 on: August 05, 2019, 01:21:02 AM »

I mean, yeah. But at the same time I'm not thrilled they're going to throw out another season pass that'll be like $30. :/

(BBtag dlc shenanigans for instance).

As much as I dislike BBTag's gameplay, this is one area they don't really fail in. You got the season pass? You get all the future characters for free (at least so far, they haven't fucked me over by asking for more cash).

I wish other fighting game developers did the same: Give the characters out for free, make the outfits cost. Something DOA sort of perfected but they also had that season pass, so: didn't perfect.

Holy shit. Stage transitions?

In any case, I hope they bring ALL the XX cast back. IIRC, Xrd: Rev 2 still doesn't have characters like Anji Mito on it.

Can anyone in the know tell me why BBTAG is dead these days? I haven't played it since the first week or two of launch, but it seemed like a great ASW take on Marvel v Capcom. I thought it played really well, was fun and was flashy.

That being said I don't think they should've called this Season 2/2.0, should've just released it as a whole new game with a new name like Blazeblu CT/CS/etc..., I mean that's what the new Undernight is doing. I just feel like even with 9 new characters, the only people who will be back to play it are people left still playing it whereas if it was a new sequel title with 9 new characters and some other changes it'd bring back a bigger audience jumping back for another 6-12 months.

It's kinda hard to explain. But the bold is why it died: It's not that (Marvel), at all. It's very... "shallow," is the word, but not really "shallow" in terms of gameplay systems.

Bork is right in that modern-Arc is dumbing down their games (not a bad thing, but their efforts so far have been mixed) and BBTag falls into that problem to where it's not really "Marvel" at all. It's tag fighter, yes, but there's not enough "Marvel"-tagisms in it to make it "hype" or fun to play.

Bork: I don't agree with "there's tournaments for it so it's 'alive.' :yeshrug " as a counter-point, because there's numerous other titles that can get side-games (Cap vs SNK, for instance) that are "dead" for the majority of the playing community. BBTag falls into that: Nobody is actually playing it beyond a super small minority of players that play it in tournaments, and even those players will readily admit the game is "dead" because the playerbase just simply isn't there/abandoned the game ages ago.

So again, it's really weird Arc is putting resources into the game after their season pass ended, because there's like... very little actual people that are like "cool, I'll continue to play it!" toward the announcement.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 01:31:23 AM by thisismyusername »

Himu

« Reply #3398 on: August 05, 2019, 02:25:45 AM »
"Bork is right in that modern-Arc is dumbing down their games (not a bad thing, but their efforts so far have been mixed) and BBTag falls into that problem to where it's not really "Marvel" at all. It's tag fighter, yes, but there's not enough "Marvel"-tagisms in it to make it "hype" or fun to play."

I'm the one who said that.

And I bought BBtag for ps4 and like there's so many characters missing without a season pass it's ridiculous.
IYKYK

thisismyusername

« Reply #3399 on: August 05, 2019, 07:16:24 AM »
And I bought BBtag for ps4 and like there's so many characters missing without a season pass it's ridiculous.

Then Sony must be fucking up somewhere, because: https://steamcommunity.com/games/702890/announcements/detail/1625148260774319054

In summary, here are the expected outcomes for various customers who have purchased the game with regards to access to Vol.7:
------------------------------------
●For customers who have purchased the "BBTAG DLC Characters All-in-One Pack" previously
●For customers who have purchased the 6 individual DLC packs "Additional Characters Pack Vol.1" through "Vol.6"
●For customers who have purchased the Deluxe Edition
Will all be able to access Vol.7 contents immediately upon the patch, for free.

------------------------------------
●For customers who only wish to purchase ONLY the Vol.7
Please purchase the Basic Edition if you do not already own one, and then purchase the "BBTAG DLC Character Pack Vol.7" DLC.

#based

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3400 on: August 05, 2019, 08:33:48 AM »
Who the fuck wanted garbage Zafina back :nope

Also I love that we reached the point that a game can get over 600 entries at EVO and be "dead" :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3401 on: August 05, 2019, 08:58:58 AM »

I mean, yeah. But at the same time I'm not thrilled they're going to throw out another season pass that'll be like $30. :/

Better than them releasing Tekken 7 [Subtitle] for $50-$60.

Bork: I don't agree with "there's tournaments for it so it's 'alive.' :yeshrug " as a counter-point, because there's numerous other titles that can get side-games (Cap vs SNK, for instance) that are "dead" for the majority of the playing community. BBTag falls into that: Nobody is actually playing it beyond a super small minority of players that play it in tournaments, and even those players will readily admit the game is "dead" because the playerbase just simply isn't there/abandoned the game ages ago.

So again, it's really weird Arc is putting resources into the game after their season pass ended, because there's like... very little actual people that are like "cool, I'll continue to play it!" toward the announcement.

This wasn't a side tournament, though- it was a featured game.  It obviously is successful and "alive" enough for them to continue developing content for the game.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3402 on: August 05, 2019, 09:00:34 AM »
Maybe this is going to be it for the content?

https://twitter.com/japaneseswitch/status/1158219621994061824
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3403 on: August 05, 2019, 09:01:21 AM »
Cassie finally being adding is making me want to pick up SC6 but does anyone know what that scene is look like on PC? Also slightly annoying that it uses Denuvo >:(

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3404 on: August 05, 2019, 10:03:30 AM »
Cassie finally being adding is making me want to pick up SC6 but does anyone know what that scene is look like on PC? Also slightly annoying that it uses Denuvo >:(

https://steamcharts.com/app/544750#All

Dropped off quite a lot after launch, but shows that 530 were playing this morning.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3405 on: August 05, 2019, 10:04:17 AM »
Eh it's only $20 so I got it :D

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3406 on: August 05, 2019, 10:05:00 AM »

Glad I didn't buy BBTag on PC- it's pretty much dead on that platform, holy shit.
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3407 on: August 05, 2019, 10:34:11 AM »
Was a pretty good EVO overall aside from not getting to watch as much as wanted due to other shit. Will need to catch a few replays over this week. Still, can't help but be happy to think we are on the tail end of a FG renaissance at moment, I can't remember there ever being this many complete options as far as what to play, there is something for everyone (admittedly some less fresh than others).

Hot Takes:
SCVI: Finals were hype AF. Glad it's getting another season, could really use a bit more polish. Not sure if adding additional systems is going to work in it's favor or spread it too thin. Has been a pretty sloppy DLC release path, S2 needs a better roadmap.
SS: Game is too new to really have great pools, hearing finals were good, need to find. As said in other thread, game has given me pretty much all I wanted, great DLC plan and map. Looking forward to playing more of this.
SFV: Finals were pretty good, but the game seems to lack balance. There are just so many nonviable characters. On one hand like they are continuing to support it, on other hand booting it up it's feeling a bit long in the tooth...and realizing I hadn't played it in a long time so I suck at it. Still, ended up getting the three new characters this morning. Also, I am a sucker and caved and got S3, some stages and costumes that were on sale, finally my PC is content lead on my systems.
T7: Watched a lot of this as I really like T7. Crazy this game keeps getting better and better, they really knocked it out of the park. Happy we are getting a S3, although more for stages than anything else. Really have enough characters. Curious what S3 new feature is going to be, if it's tag people are going to flip their shit. Ready for T8 with next gen specs.
DBZ: I think it's a good enough game, although IMO it's less fun to watch (and play) than UMvC3.
UNIST: I have the base one on steam (and apparently ST on PS4 which I don't recall buying) but haven't devoted much time to it at all. Feels like BB, I just suck at it. Finals didn't show me much, although could definitely see the skill on display. I like anime fighters in theory but just suck at them totally.
SSBU: I tried again with new one, I just don't get it. I mean, I get it, but I don't. It's really well produced and there is a lot of value on the cart even for SP, just not my thing. I am not anti-smash, I think it's great for the general scene overall even if it exists separately for the most part. The kids are so hype for it and that's awesome.
MK11: Sucks to watch IMO. I had a good time with the game and do like it, it's just a janky mess compared to some of the competition.

Announcements:
GG: Looks great but I suck at BB. I always get them when they hit sales though, am sure will be same with this one. Curious how much they will un-tech it/dumb it down and whether or not I will like it more.
KOFXV: Expected, but good. They should take their time on it and milk Samsho for a bit more, but I'll be happy with one new SNK game per year with other series supported with additional seasons/content packs.

If games/seasons were cross-buy all would be right with the world. I am for having company accounts where can have all DLC for all systems, they'd leave some double-dip money on the table but people like me would be way more inclined to buy full-price DLC/etc. if I knew I wouldn't have to get it twice.

I'd imagine kind of light as most are on PS4. I need to get back to this/play this more.

Tasty

« Reply #3408 on: August 05, 2019, 10:52:03 AM »
Fair and balanced Akala summaries :rejoice

thisismyusername

« Reply #3409 on: August 05, 2019, 11:19:43 AM »
Also I love that we reached the point that a game can get over 600 entries at EVO and be "dead" :lol

Entries != players. Entries = tournament-players.

https://steamcharts.com/app/702890 200-300 players on Steam. Some of which may be playing online over offline. But the point is: How many of these convert to Evo contenders? We can't look at PS4 numbers for obvious reasons, but this is what I'm getting at: The playerbase collapsed pretty hard. There may be ~500-1,000 on PS4 so that makes 2,000 or so. Compare to SF5 or Tekken or other fighters and you'll see it collapsed hard.

BBTag doesn't have the playerbase to actually sustain or warrant more content that Arc could put toward other games. Just because it is getting tournaments (only because Arc is putting new content out for it, if they didn't shit would be dropped pretty fast IMO) doesn't mean shit if players/actual down-to-mash players and not tournament ones looking for money/recognition are playing.

I mean Bork even is starting to see what I'm getting at. The PC playerbase was fucked from the get-go, but PC is small. HOWEVER PC also seems to show "trends" with consoles in terms of tastes. If BBTag collapsed on PC, it doesn't really give much confidence that PS4 is booming by 5,000+ players. But :yeshrug If you guys want to believe it's "alive" because 2 people are playing it at a tournament, go off kings.

Sure, but I'm more complaining about Namco charging $30 a year. Just like Capcom and others. I'd rather they just have a "character pass" for $15 or so and then fleece whales or sexy-tiddy costumers for the $30 or so.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3410 on: August 05, 2019, 11:33:24 AM »
For anime games I'll usually assume that PS4 does have way more users. Those games have historically not been big on PC, mainly cause they never made it over. So a lot of anime players are still console only players. I also find it difficult to believe Arc is putting out DLC they don't think will actually sell cause "no one is playing the game".

Maybe I'm wrong there, maybe not. Can't say I care either way. Just pointing out how interesting it is that 600+ entries = dead game. I still remember when that was a number that would top the list at any tournament and blow people away, that's all.

--

Korean Cassie stream for anyone interested: https://www.twitch.tv/j_clade

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3411 on: August 05, 2019, 11:50:45 AM »
A lot of ASW fans are skeptical because BBTag and DBFZ and other recent games have gone esports and are more baby-fied. Looking forward to it but skeptical given recent ASW stuff (BBtag dlc shenanigans for instance).

People are saying the same thing about GranBlue - that it lacks traditional ASW depth.

I can see that- it's definitely more simplistic.  I liked it a lot more than Dragonball and BBTag, however.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3412 on: August 05, 2019, 11:58:34 AM »

Entries != players. Entries = tournament-players.

https://steamcharts.com/app/702890 200-300 players on Steam. Some of which may be playing online over offline. But the point is: How many of these convert to Evo contenders? We can't look at PS4 numbers for obvious reasons, but this is what I'm getting at: The playerbase collapsed pretty hard. There may be ~500-1,000 on PS4 so that makes 2,000 or so. Compare to SF5 or Tekken or other fighters and you'll see it collapsed hard.

BBTag doesn't have the playerbase to actually sustain or warrant more content that Arc could put toward other games. Just because it is getting tournaments (only because Arc is putting new content out for it, if they didn't shit would be dropped pretty fast IMO) doesn't mean shit if players/actual down-to-mash players and not tournament ones looking for money/recognition are playing.

I mean Bork even is starting to see what I'm getting at. The PC playerbase was fucked from the get-go, but PC is small. HOWEVER PC also seems to show "trends" with consoles in terms of tastes. If BBTag collapsed on PC, it doesn't really give much confidence that PS4 is booming by 5,000+ players. But :yeshrug If you guys want to believe it's "alive" because 2 people are playing it at a tournament, go off kings.

Nah, I don't agree with you here- PC is traditionally not where fighting game players go and the larger playerbases are going to be on consoles.  The only PC fighting game I've played where I could always find lots of matches months/years after release is Street Fighter IV and its upgrades.  Street Fighter V is great in this regard because of cross-play with PS4, otherwise I'd wonder about even that game.  I wouldn't look to PC playerbases for confirmation on how popular a fighting game is overall.  Most of the games released for the platform tend to 'die' much faster than the consoles.

From my experience on all platforms, Street Fighter, Vs. games (Marvel is dead but DBZ has taken its place), Tekken, the current Netherrealm game, Smash, and Dead Or Alive (mainly because of the F2P versions) always seem to have plenty of people online.  Everything else dies off too quickly or dwindles to a small playerbase.  Am hoping that Samurai Shodown stays popular enough.

BB Tag was dead on arrival on PC from day one so looking at the playerbase on there is meaningless.

Sure, but I'm more complaining about Namco charging $30 a year. Just like Capcom and others. I'd rather they just have a "character pass" for $15 or so and then fleece whales or sexy-tiddy costumers for the $30 or so.

Yeah, me too- I'd rather have all this content for free if we're talking pricing.  Not gonna happen.

Props to SNK for how they've handled Samurai Shodown so far.  Five free characters all this year?  Yes please. 
ど助平

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #3413 on: August 05, 2019, 12:08:56 PM »

:hyper :hyper :hyper

:bow MY QUEEN RETURNS :bow2

Tasty

« Reply #3414 on: August 05, 2019, 12:53:07 PM »
I only bring it up because it was a topic of conversation in years past, but Smash Ultimate had the highest *peak viewership of any game in Evo history.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 12:59:26 PM by Tasty Meat »

Himu

« Reply #3415 on: August 05, 2019, 12:57:42 PM »
BBCF was fantastic this weekend.

UNIST had a lot of great storylines and game is hype.

going to watch T7, samsho, GGxrd rev  2, BBTAG, ST, Mahvel 3, Windjammers, maybe SFV replays.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #3416 on: August 05, 2019, 01:02:18 PM »
For anime games I'll usually assume that PS4 does have way more users. Those games have historically not been big on PC, mainly cause they never made it over. So a lot of anime players are still console only players. I also find it difficult to believe Arc is putting out DLC they don't think will actually sell cause "no one is playing the game".

Maybe I'm wrong there, maybe not. Can't say I care either way. Just pointing out how interesting it is that 600+ entries = dead game. I still remember when that was a number that would top the list at any tournament and blow people away, that's all.

--

Korean Cassie stream for anyone interested: https://www.twitch.tv/j_clade

PS4 is more populous but the better players in my experience play on pc. Bears, Killey - my friend teaching me GG, others, all consider ps4 netplay is almost unplayable. Higher skilled players prefer pc. But really most have it on both systems. In my experience anime players are more likely than others to double dip and discord, which is an app on pc, are full of pc players. It’s not impossible to not find players to play with. Just not in lobbies. But PS4 and pc are no different there and you need to discord to get matches in any anime game.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 01:08:50 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3417 on: August 05, 2019, 01:06:40 PM »
Which is basically what I said already, more people on PS :lol

Himu

« Reply #3418 on: August 05, 2019, 01:12:23 PM »
Just adding nuance to it.

More people play on console but the better players play on pc. And the games are far from dead. If you play anime fgs and aren’t on the games discord then you’ve already fucked up. Have you joined BBTAG’s discord, TIMU? If not, youbreally cant complain.

It’s kind of like SF30. Technically, it’s “dead”. But the higher skilled players play it and make lobbies every damn day. We’ve got a network of 3s players and we have a lobby going every day on SF30.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3419 on: August 05, 2019, 01:13:31 PM »
at the very least join the discord for the fap section. usually 100x the size of the tech channel :rofl