Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 434095 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: Fighting Games Thread: NICE CHINCHIN
« Reply #3660 on: January 29, 2020, 11:46:03 AM »
Yeah Leroy was extremely good before these nerfs. 6 of the EVO Japan top 8 were playing Leroy. Other two were a Julia and a Kasumi.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3661 on: February 04, 2020, 08:18:10 AM »
I think we missed this?  Garou MOTW now has rollback netcode on PS4, Vita, and PC.  Not sure if any other ports got upgraded, but it's supposed to be much, much better online now.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3662 on: February 04, 2020, 10:30:33 PM »
Evo 2020 line-up.  No DOA6 expected as usual, but damn- no MK11?  :o

« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 10:34:34 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #3664 on: February 04, 2020, 11:17:34 PM »
Evo 2020 line-up.  No DOA6 expected as usual, but damn- no MK11?  :o

(Image removed from quote.)
Under Knight as the top billing? I mean it's a lit game but  :doge

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #3665 on: February 04, 2020, 11:49:47 PM »
Only Arc fighter there besides Dragonball, which got in for popularity. So... :yeshrug Gotta throw Animu fans a bone.

No Guilty Gear when the new one is on the horizon is a little weird.

MvC2 coming back is nice, but I figured they'd do UMvC3 after how Infinite bombed.

I'll be catching the MvC2 matches for sure. Been a long time, so it'll be nice to see it being played again.

remy

« Reply #3666 on: February 04, 2020, 11:57:54 PM »
Only Arc fighter there besides Dragonball, which got in for popularity. So... :yeshrug Gotta throw Animu fans a bone.

It's french bread though, not arc  :doge

I guess they have GBF. I would've booked GG in there somewhere. But Idk what americans play.

thisismyusername

« Reply #3667 on: February 05, 2020, 12:05:18 AM »
It's Arc Published. :bolo Don't sass my reasoning.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3668 on: February 05, 2020, 07:49:22 AM »
kind of a strange direction to go lineup-wise IMO, but happily surprised they are keeping Samsho and (moreso) SCVI.

with how many games there are that are kinda active it seems like would be a good year to expand 'main games' to 12.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3669 on: February 05, 2020, 08:23:32 AM »
People are always excited to see MvC2 at a big tournament before realizing it's just Sentinel flying all day, and Storm yelling "Hah Hah" for thirty seconds straight.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3670 on: February 05, 2020, 08:31:08 AM »
also spoilers: justin wong is going to win

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3671 on: February 05, 2020, 08:59:05 AM »
I haven't kept up, is Cable still in everything as well? I like MVC2 but was happy when MVC3 came out...

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3672 on: February 05, 2020, 09:04:43 AM »
Speaking of Granblue, it's out today in Asian regions.  The Japanese version only has Japanese text, but the HK version has full English text and optional English VA included.

Gonna get the HK version off PSN whenever it goes up today.  Not waiting more than a month for the U.S. version- get your shit together, XSeed.
:bolo
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3673 on: February 05, 2020, 09:10:06 AM »
I haven't kept up, is Cable still in everything as well? I like MVC2 but was happy when MVC3 came out...
he's still got his place in some teams. being able to spam a beam super in the air will never not be useful :D

cable+sent remains a very powerful combo and you can pair any number of characters with those two and be good to go.

thisismyusername

« Reply #3674 on: February 05, 2020, 01:43:08 PM »
People are always excited to see MvC2 at a big tournament before realizing it's just Sentinel flying all day, and Storm yelling "Hah Hah" for thirty seconds straight.

Maybe I want Sentinel flying around all day, ever think of that? :brain :brain

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3675 on: February 05, 2020, 02:38:00 PM »
perhaps, but i guess a real fan of sentinel flying around would have watched that 15 hour yipes event a month or so ago :D

playlist here for those that missed it
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAft8u1jfIo45zgNEE0GdtA62akbdNTSA

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3676 on: February 06, 2020, 07:47:03 AM »
Got my ass kicked for most of the time in Granblue Fantasy Versus last night, but had a lot of fun.  The game really does feel so different than your typical Arc 'anime' fighter due to slower movement and pacing of matches.  Really nice to see something like this from them again.  Completely forgot that if you use R1 for special moves, it takes them longer to charge back up compared to doing the actual special move inputs and just sat there using R1 for everything for a while. :lol

They pulled a reverse-DOA6 and covered up some of the characters by default.  When you clear Granblue's RPG mode, you can restore them to their original versions, lol.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 08:03:57 AM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3677 on: February 06, 2020, 08:10:35 AM »
Lowain is the best character.  His intro and win poses  :lol

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3678 on: February 06, 2020, 01:11:12 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3679 on: February 06, 2020, 07:49:43 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3680 on: February 07, 2020, 07:38:20 AM »
https://twitter.com/maximilian_/status/1225747684683739136

Am going through the RPG mode now- if it's just the one map screen with five islands, then I'm almost done with the final island to go.  While it's neat to see different enemies to fight, it's too easy and pretty boring.   Just skipping dialogue and doing the fights to get it over with and unlock shit.  It also unlocked a "Tower Of Babel" mode.  Not sure what that is.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3681 on: February 08, 2020, 02:24:30 AM »
Quest Mode cleared- finishing it unlocked another optional boss fight and a hard mode with "chapter zero," but unless someone says it unlocks stuff for the fighting mode, I'm done with that shit- it was just not fun.  The biggest problem I have with this mode is that your character facing either direction (like a beat em up) just doesn't work and makes it hard to do specials accurately or some not at all, so you have to rely on R1 for specials with their long recharge times.  Any time a fighting game style boss battle happened, it was easy to win.  Most other times it was super-easy, button-mashy, and boring.

The hardest battle for me was against the second to last boss- it's a giant dragon that takes up most of the screen and looks great.  Was easy enough to dodge attacks and get used to its attack patterns, but twice during the battle, it does this massive fire blast that will kill you in one hit if you don't run over to a shield that gets generated.  This fight took me so many attempts because I'd get its energy down to nothing, and then the second blast killed me every.  fucking.  time.   :lol  You have literally no time to get to the shield and I couldn't even SEE it on the screen with all the shit going on.  Managed to win by just not being in an attack animation and running over to where the CPU partner stood in the hopes the shield was there.

The last fight is against the arcade mode's last boss.  I don't know if it's the same kind of battle in that mode, but I'm sure it doesn't take forever like some of the Quest Mode fights do.  You have to fight him in three different forms and it just took too long to get his life down on the last fight.  Same issue with directions changing when you move making it hard to do stuff.
:dizzy

Now to get back to the real game.
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #3682 on: February 08, 2020, 05:13:16 PM »
Supposedly Dragonball is getting a revamp?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3683 on: February 08, 2020, 05:20:08 PM »
its adding selectable assists (finally) and some other new features.

https://twitter.com/BNEesports/status/1226251873734156290

my guess is the "specific feature that gives users a chance even with one character left" is a revamp of level 3 sparking

thisismyusername

« Reply #3684 on: February 08, 2020, 05:21:18 PM »
#MakeBeerusViableSometime

I want my Bitchy Femme Catboy to actually be something than a punching bag in a game full of beam spam. :doge

Coffee Dog

« Reply #3685 on: February 09, 2020, 03:24:43 PM »
The problem with the balance was that beams were too good, doing this marvel 2 shit where everyone has three assists and you only pick the beam doesnt really help the undelrying problems. :-\

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3686 on: February 09, 2020, 08:51:37 PM »
Didn't even realize they did two season three character reveals.

ど助平

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #3687 on: February 09, 2020, 09:11:28 PM »
https://twitter.com/eltroubleSRK/status/1215009925597822977

I should attend to go 0-2.

Update: Didn't go as I baby sat my nieces and nephews instead of going 0-2. Saved myself $5.  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3689 on: February 10, 2020, 01:21:59 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3690 on: February 14, 2020, 07:43:45 AM »
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #3691 on: February 18, 2020, 11:58:52 PM »

"WE'RE FIXING THE NETCODE!!!!!!!!!!"
Narrator: They just banned the netcode fix the community made instead.

https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/1229972061310709760

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/f645aq/so_you_thought_the_netcode_was_fixed_huh/

Capcucks will actually defend this. Have some goddamn respect for yourselves and go play Tekken, Arc/Animu fighters, shit something literally ANYTHING else and don't give trOllNo a dime along with Capcom.

https://twitter.com/corybellFGC/status/1229954180380409856

I'm dying. :dead :neogaf :lawd :preach
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 12:06:55 AM by thisismyusername »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3692 on: February 19, 2020, 12:09:54 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/f65nug/hot_take/

This- will wait and see when tests are done.  Also if they just removed that fix for PC, then why did they bother updating it on PS4?
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #3693 on: February 19, 2020, 12:14:30 AM »
Also if they just removed that fix for PC, then why did they bother updating it on PS4?

To keep it in lockstep with the PC version, I'm assuming there's a sync for their cross-play version where if on version/patch number is different the cross-play breaks. It wouldn't be the first game to have something like that (decades earlier titles in the early PS360 era did it, for instance).

I'm on the laughing side, because I expect nothing less from Capcom: The company that tried to install a rootkit to attempt to keep PC players from getting massive amounts of fight money as a "fuck you," to their money scheme.

Why put in time to do rollback netcode or implement the mod (and pay the modders) when you can just block them and say "fuck you, play with our 'developed' netcode!" instead in the two weeks?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3694 on: February 19, 2020, 12:19:10 AM »
The Twitter blow-up over this  :lol
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 12:36:05 AM by thisismyusername »

remy

« Reply #3696 on: February 19, 2020, 12:36:52 AM »
As a general rule, I don't listen to anything the dumbass FGC influencers with zero knowledge say about anything technical, so I was waiting it out to see if someone actually combed through shit to see what the changes were.

Toolassisted says they did change it to be more in line with Altimor's patch. Haven't played yet, but changing it to be like this on pc and ps4 without allowing people to fuck with the netcode with their own random mods is a better solution than the mods were.

https://twitter.com/TOOLASSlSTED/status/1229997283065942018

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3697 on: February 19, 2020, 07:47:40 AM »
As a general rule, I don't listen to anything the dumbass FGC influencers with zero knowledge say about anything technical, so I was waiting it out to see if someone actually combed through shit to see what the changes were.

Toolassisted says they did change it to be more in line with Altimor's patch. Haven't played yet, but changing it to be like this on pc and ps4 without allowing people to fuck with the netcode with their own random mods is a better solution than the mods were.

https://twitter.com/TOOLASSlSTED/status/1229997283065942018

https://twitter.com/emezie/status/1230028008465014785
https://twitter.com/GGaaiaa/status/1230034377834483713

LOL.  Is it Max who started up all this?  FWIW I tried some matches online (PS4) last night, got matched up with a PC player from Europe, and it felt noticeably better than the typical shit-level contintenal-crossplay match would, but who knows.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3698 on: February 19, 2020, 08:16:51 AM »
fighting game players are maybe the dumbest fanbase of all time.

even mmo players understand that an updated version of the game breaks mods, but of course the fgc twitter retards just like to scream about nothing at the top of their lungs again literally seconds after the servers went up as if they know anything.

perhaps a closed beta to test this out and iterate over time like NRS did with MKX might have been the better call to get it working properly but that's not cheap and the game is at end of life anyway. the actual worst idea was trusting the fgc to not have a complete meltdown over something not being perfect out of the gate.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 08:21:18 AM by nachobro »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3699 on: February 19, 2020, 09:08:09 AM »
Never messed with that PC netcode mod, but it is to my understanding that while it improved things for most people, it also fucked up cross-play matches with PS4 players.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3700 on: February 19, 2020, 09:11:09 AM »
i believe that's the case. from what i gathered in various discords it was pretty good when playing against someone who had the mod, but unplayable vs ps4 or unmpdded pc. and then there was a second mod that came out from a different person that broke the game when playing against anyone with the first mod. :lol

seems like a clusterfuck and if i was capcom i'd probably lock all that shit out too.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3702 on: February 19, 2020, 09:46:58 AM »
lmao what a douche

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3703 on: February 19, 2020, 10:04:44 AM »
Max is ok but his bread is 100% buttered by cartoonish reactions and that will bite back sometimes.

:comeon Max Kellerman Dood, the Skip Bayless of the FGC.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3704 on: February 19, 2020, 10:06:00 AM »
Quote from: Maximilian Dood
"I hate to say it, but....I called it."

No, you didn't:lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3705 on: February 19, 2020, 10:23:15 AM »
Got UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late cl-r for Switch.  Great port- looks fantastic (very sharp!) and runs perfectly.  Also has very quick load times.
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #3706 on: February 19, 2020, 06:04:24 PM »
perhaps a closed beta to test this out and iterate over time like NRS did with MKX might have been the better call to get it working properly but that's not cheap and the game is at end of life anyway. the actual worst idea was trusting the fgc to not have a complete meltdown over something not being perfect out of the gate.

Honestly: I don't get WHY (well, I do in theory) they'd block the patch. Just patch the game to where anyone using the mod has cross-play turned off. Simple, done. People that want fixed netcode get a "win." Capcom gets a "win" in that they can be lazy asses and fuck over PS4 players with terrible netcode.

Win-win-win-win-win.

But no, gotta fuck over PC folks trying to improve/circumvent your shitty choices somehow. (Hello, rootkit!)

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3707 on: February 19, 2020, 06:07:11 PM »
so instead of fixing the netcode issues, it'd be better to change the game to work with two different and incompatible mods made by randos on reddit that are almost certainly installed by a small fraction of the userbase on one of the two supported platforms? that is....really stupid.

not to mention it's not about blocking these two mods themselves but to prevent future ones from interfering and breaking gameplay again.

thisismyusername

« Reply #3708 on: February 19, 2020, 06:13:08 PM »
Not necessarily that. But it's more "the mod fixed the netcode for PC players. Just turn off cross-play/playing with vanilla folks if you're going to be that lazy to not rework/see how they fixed it."

A lot of folks swore by the fix. So I'm honestly surprised Capcom didn't take a good hard look or at least throw some money at the modder to implement the fix for both platforms.

The major problem with the mod (and why they broke it/patched it) is that PS4 players and vanilla players were affected negatively compared to mod-mod netcode fixes. Which is why turning off cross-play (and removing the PC base/vanilla folks) with a detection patch for the .dll or something would be far simpler and allow folks that want improved Netcode to continue to play instead of having to suffer Capcom's ass-tastic netcode instead.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3709 on: February 19, 2020, 06:18:21 PM »
considering the timing and the amount of testing and work that would have to go on behind the scenes for an official netcode redo/fix, i think it's nearly impossible that the mod influenced the capcom side at all or was even out before they started. unlike a random dude on reddit, a aaa game dev usually puts more than two weeks into a major change affecting everyone who plays the game.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3710 on: February 19, 2020, 06:21:41 PM »
imagine the reaction if capcom's announcement was just "we're turning off crossplay. PEACE!"  :lol

thisismyusername

« Reply #3711 on: February 19, 2020, 06:22:27 PM »
Well, I'm more getting at that they pay for the fix, rejig it/massage it and see how it ticks and see if there is anything there they could take.

I guess "don't throw the baby out with the bathwater" is what I'm getting at: A lot of folks thought the mod fixed a lot of problems for Street Fighter. So the fact that Capcom just patches it out while hyping that they're "Fixing the netcode" is baffling to me.

imagine the reaction if capcom's announcement was just "we're turning off crossplay. PEACE!"  :lol

Some folks would probably "WTF" and be angry, but it wouldn't be out of the norm. I mean: Guilty Gear doesn't do it, Tekken 7 doesn't do it (IIRC), KoF 13/14 doesn't do it...

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3712 on: February 19, 2020, 06:28:32 PM »
honestly crossplay is probably the biggest headache for them in terms of netcode. i imagine more pcs are wired than ps4s so wifi already starts off on the wrong foot. but dropping crossplay entirely in year 5 or whatever of the game would be beyond any other bad press hit they've taken so far.

that tool assisted tweet chain does seem to show that the official fix and the mod have some stuff in common and i wouldn't be surprised to capcom put in some server side fixes as well for matchmaking priority or whatever else. having the official fix be on both platforms is the better choice and at this point in SFV's life i imagine this kind of thing is more useful as a way to test things for SF6 (or whatever is next) and to keep SFV alive longer til they can get the next thing out, much like adding in the SFxT characters to USF4 was.

remy

« Reply #3713 on: February 19, 2020, 08:25:35 PM »
played 20 straight silky smooth matches last night on sfv :lawd

my day zero seth got gatekept by an oppressive bison  :beli

switched back to kolin and let him catch the hands :lawd

I guess "don't throw the baby out with the bathwater" is what I'm getting at: A lot of folks thought the mod fixed a lot of problems for Street Fighter. So the fact that Capcom just patches it out while hyping that they're "Fixing the netcode" is baffling to me.
It's more like they patched in a very similar fix for everyone instead of just people that had the mod.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3714 on: February 20, 2020, 08:33:12 AM »
https://twitter.com/jiyunaJP/status/1229704183873339394

kinda what i expected, big damage boost for the last character. should make comebacks a lot easier, which was a major issue for dbz

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3715 on: February 20, 2020, 08:35:28 AM »
played 20 straight silky smooth matches last night on sfv :lawd

my day zero seth got gatekept by an oppressive bison  :beli

switched back to kolin and let him catch the hands :lawd

It's more like they patched in a very similar fix for everyone instead of just people that had the mod.

Yup- was playing casual matches, 3-5 bars, on PS4 last night and was getting matched up with a lot of PC players from other countries.  All were very smooth connections except for one, which funnily enough was against another PS4 player in the U.S., lol.  It has definitely been improved.

Hit a point where the game became "SETH FIGHTER V" and all I was getting were Seths, too.  Good practice against him I guess.  Even had a rage quitter!
:rejoice
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3716 on: February 20, 2020, 09:06:40 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3717 on: February 25, 2020, 07:25:11 AM »
Tekken 7: "Hey, here's a full color palette for character colors!  Enjoy!"

Dead Or Alive 6: "Check it out, we added hair color changes for ONLY one ticket!!!  Yeah you gotta get at least two tickets for $1.99 lol!  Oh and fuck you it's a one-time change- if you want to use another color or even go back to the default color go fuck yourself and pay us again!"

:itagaki
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3719 on: February 25, 2020, 10:30:45 AM »
Tamaki from Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation is the next DOA6 character.  How does she play?  Who cares!  WAIFU~

:dead
ど助平