Author Topic: Titanfall 2  (Read 90233 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Titanfall 2
« Reply #300 on: March 31, 2017, 03:38:00 AM »
FREE TRIAL

With the launch of Colony Reborn we will also be kicking off another Free Trial weekend that will start on 3/30 and run through 4/3. We got some great feedback from the last trial so this time in addition to having access to full multiplayer, you can also play the Training Gauntlet and the single player mission The Beacon. After the trial the Training Gauntlet and The Beacon will remain free to play in perpetuity.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #301 on: March 31, 2017, 06:20:22 AM »
Was hoping for a sale
What

benjipwns

« Reply #302 on: April 01, 2017, 12:46:30 PM »
It's 50% off on Origin during the free trial. ($30...can't remember if it's been cheaper elsewhere like GMG or something.)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #303 on: April 18, 2017, 06:34:54 PM »
whoever cutting these trailers for respawn a legend:

Beezy

« Reply #304 on: April 18, 2017, 07:43:08 PM »
Goddamn. I need to beat Zelda so I can get back to TF2.

benjipwns

« Reply #305 on: April 18, 2017, 10:30:17 PM »
why it not say "ACTUAL GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE" like everything else EA makes :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #306 on: April 18, 2017, 10:31:37 PM »
also they announced a titan

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #307 on: April 22, 2017, 08:27:35 PM »
dear titanfall 2 youre not perfect but i still love you
https://streamable.com/w31tx
https://streamable.com/yuegp

benjipwns

« Reply #308 on: April 23, 2017, 12:52:15 PM »
i die so many needless deaths anymore because my entire goal on almost every titan fall is now to drop them on someone else after i had a week where i did it like 30 times with ruthless efficiency

my other new favorite thing when a match is near over holding onto the pilot sentry to stick it right in front of the escape ship

people don't seem to realize you just have to touch it, it'll warp you in from any side...i always just grapple onto it often from below

but it's funnier as they scale up buildings to get on the roof just to get blasted away by my sentry

live fire is just silly, i played it a little, then after dying while priming a nade and killing four people with it to win the round i said i couldn't top that and took it out of the rotation list for good

when am i gettin frontier defense back respawn HUH?!?

benjipwns

« Reply #309 on: April 23, 2017, 12:53:06 PM »
the electric smoke grenade is the most baffling thing in the game to me, i have no idea what it's actually doing to anyone else...it doesn't seem to kill AI grunts or else doesn't pop up the notification?

also that assault rifle with the three round burst only is possibly the worst weapon in the game by far but i have to level it up, i can't leave it all the way down there at level 3 all alone, i never see anyone else using it and this dude even asked me why i was using it last week

i said "MUST FILL BARS" and he said "oic"

edit: just read about the grenade on reddit thread, apparently it will instantly destroy a sentry/tick and does huge damage to the escape ship, also works like a counter smoke on the titan so blinds them plus damage, and it does destroy the AI dudes...but against pilots the damage isn't as much as a titan's version so it's more about area denial and filling the area with smoke/getting people off walls/etc...guess I'll play around with it more

also learned the titan's smoke puts out the firestar, which i did not know
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 01:15:14 PM by benjipwns »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #310 on: April 23, 2017, 03:39:27 PM »
yeah the hemlok is only really good on consoles rn because the ARs on console have way more aim assist than the other guns atm

thats why pc vs console wise you see everyone on pc running with smgs. Higher fire rates, great accuracy on most of them means shit like the  R-97 and the alternator (so long as you tap fire) are dumptrucks if you're competent with a kb/m

benjipwns

« Reply #311 on: April 23, 2017, 04:20:22 PM »
unlocking the running while firing on the CAR basically puts it above every other weapon in the game if you're mobile, the alternators are surprisingly brutal once you unlock stuff too...haven't used the volt enough to unlock but it apparently has no recoil though?

really it's people who like to hang around areas or camp that i see using most anything else and then it's the devotion half the time or double take, or they're maybe like me and just going through leveling up stuff because i already hit the cap on the CAR

i actually kinda like both the shotguns though it's good they nerfed the one at long range, the mastiff is surprisingly useful at taking out people in the air because of that horizontal spread

the hemlock has this feel like it's half a second too slow to let you fire again once you fire, there's another gun that's the same way, i should try playing with a controller just to see if that changes the feel using the trigger vs. clicking a mouse, most games let you burst fire as fast as you can click generally

i did notice when scoped at a certain distance the hemlock's recoil makes it go chest->neck->head which is what my old friends the BAR/STG44 in DoD did :heart

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #312 on: April 23, 2017, 05:51:33 PM »
did i link this already? but frothy's tier list is also a pretty good look at the meta rn:

basically the devotion is a monster, r-97 is a monster and the eva-8 shotgun is a monster on pc

benjipwns

« Reply #313 on: April 23, 2017, 05:59:05 PM »
"it's okay to disagree with me"

closes tab smh disgraceful

benjipwns

« Reply #314 on: April 23, 2017, 06:09:02 PM »
lmao at that alternator annihilation from on top of the tall building in angel city

i thought i was just getting lucky when i was doing something similar in a game

no wonder i wasn't doing anything with the spitfire at range anymore, what's the point of the scope then lol

i will hear none of his lies about the MAG Launcher who cares bout pilots when i destroyin titans left and right

edit: i do wish you could go with a pistol and an anti-titan weapon
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 06:15:43 PM by benjipwns »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #315 on: April 23, 2017, 10:50:25 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #316 on: April 24, 2017, 02:54:36 AM »
have fun never using this in a match ever :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #317 on: April 24, 2017, 05:27:51 AM »
i got first place by a mile because of a just epic run with a legion (and a couple of those tips in that video and another of his :shh) in a bounty hunt match, had like $2500 to bank at one point because i got a smart core right as the banks opened up and wiped them out after i had just taken down both titans (also earlier had a hilariously placed sentry next to the bank that i also threw an electric smoke nade onto the ledges above and wiped out the whole team lolol)

so in celebration i made a yum! brands network, set it as a lifestyle group obv 8)

i can change the happy hour if people want one that'd be when they like to play... between the default, gaf, rps, giant bomb and some other one i had joined i can basically play a happy hour every other hour from 9PM to 4AM so it no prob for me to change this one for someone

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #318 on: April 25, 2017, 12:31:49 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #319 on: May 23, 2017, 03:38:28 AM »
fired my grapple at a doorway/window across the way to get across quick and this dude walked into the frame right as i did it. then my foot went through his face :doge

also hopping on a friendly titan and supplying it with a bonus turret is oddly fun, especially with the archer or thunderbolt. this legion totally took off and tried to run from us which just meant i was unloading on his butt

now on my fourth regeneration and with each have been going through the weapons as they unlock and levelin them up so i'm constantly using different loadouts, it's fun

though i have a hard time getting away from the pilot sentry as my boost once that unlocks

the new matchmaking has really made it so you can actually play stuff other than attrition. CoD needed this like back in MW2.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #320 on: May 23, 2017, 03:35:22 PM »
http://www.respawn.com/frontier-news-network-05-23-2017-monarch-reigns
(Image removed from quote.)
NEW TITAN: MONARCH
Monarch is a mid-range Vanguard-class Titan that can upgrade itself on the battlefield through her unique Upgrade Core. Pilots select a path of upgrades and try to survive long enough to reach her final form.
NEW PRIME TITANS - RONIN AND TONE
NEW MAP: RELIC
Set among the old wreck of the IMC carrier IMS Odyssey, Relic is a worksite where Pilots have created clever wall running routes by hanging pieces of the wreckage between buildings. The map consists of the wreck of the Odyssey in the center of the map that splits the two town areas.
Created with frontlines in mind, the gameplay is all about assaulting and controlling the center and engaging in firefights from the great viewpoints of the ship against the varied defensible positions in the Town.

MAP UPDATE: CRASHSITE
We worked on a collision pass for Crashsite, fixing around 100 instances of getting bumped, bonked, stuck or tripped up. During the clean-up, we also wanted to experiment with more mobility options. To that end we’ve added 8 ziplines to get around the map faster and a few more wallrunning locations.
Nessie approved these changes.

NEW EXECUTION:
Now You See Me [Cloak]
– I’d explain this one but let’s wait for the trailer to really show this off.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #321 on: May 25, 2017, 02:37:03 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #322 on: July 02, 2017, 04:36:08 AM »
so this came out:

Today we are revealing our 6th DLC drop for Titanfall 2 called The War Games and it will be available for free for all platforms on June 27th! We’ll have the trailer for you at launch.

For now, let’s breakdown what you’re getting:

Map: War Games – Pilots on the Frontier frequently use simulator pods to train, using life-like recreations of historical battles as combat scenarios. War Games highlights the civilian shops, tall buildings for window-to-window fighting, and city streets for Titan combat from the Battle of Angel City, and the large, open tank garage facilities for hand-to-hand Pilot combat from the Battle of Airbase Sierra. The outskirts of the map feature a clean, VR style perfect for Titan duels, while Pilots are often found running along the bright, interconnected wallrunning routes.

Live Fire Map: Traffic –A weathered test site where pilot positioning is pitted against mobility across two busy thoroughfares. Dense cover makes every corner a threat, with room for snipers to hide in the back fields.

New Execution: Shadow Boxing [Holo Pilot]
Get 20 pilot kills while a holopilot ability is active (Both normal holopilot and boost ability holopilot nova count.) Does not retroactively count.

3rd Weapon Slot for Pilots – You will now be able to equip a primary, secondary, and anti-titan weapon.

Titan Brawl will be added to the permanent list of game modes. Titan damage will be displayed instead of assists.

New Featured Mode: Free Agents
Free-for-all with a twist. Collect 3 batteries to call in a Titan. Battery locations are placed around the map. Pilots drop batteries on death.

Additional details for balance changes, features, and updates will be provided in the patch notes closer to launch.
GAME IMPROVEMENTS
Evac ship will now leave immediately once all living players are onboard.
Additional performance optimizations on Xbox One.
Added an easter egg to Glitch.

GAME MODE ADJUSTMENTS

CTF HUD
Replaced flag icons with stacked score bars.
A permanent flag icon is now displays the status of each flag [Home, <player name> / You have the Flag, SECURE / RETURN].
Flag status no longer displays after the winner is determined.
Display team Titan status.
Running over Stalkers with your Titan will now cause damage.

MISC BUG FIXES
Fixed exploit on Exoplanet where players could get under the map.
Fixed bug where stealing a battery from a rodeo would not give player any Titan meter.
Fixed issue in CTF where the flag would appear to be unreturnable.
Fixed issue with Legion shield not appearing sometimes.
Fixed a couple spots on Eden where Pilots were able to hide inside geometry.
Fixed issue with Tone where reload would happen during her execution.
Fixed issue where Ronin Prime execution played wrong audio.
Addressed issue where Pilots couldn’t enter evac while in phase state when using Phase Shift. The trigger to enter the evac will now be activated when the player exits phase state.
Monarch no longer gets two Electric Smokes when using her Upgrade Core.

BOOST BALANCE
Reduced damage of Amped Weapons and put on 30 second timer

benjipwns

« Reply #323 on: July 02, 2017, 04:40:18 AM »
from the few games i played, evac change makes it like a hundred times easier to evac if your team has no auto-titans to drop and leave on the ground as distractions i always used to hopefully save one if the round wasn't close and about to end for that

especially if you're sitting in the evac ship and watching your teammates get picked off as they try and get there :lol

Beezy

« Reply #324 on: July 02, 2017, 11:50:20 AM »
 :shaqc

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #325 on: July 02, 2017, 02:18:14 PM »
great game getting greater bless up

Beezy

« Reply #326 on: July 02, 2017, 03:44:03 PM »
Digital version is only $20 w/ XBL Gold right now. Why wait?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #327 on: July 07, 2017, 10:56:11 PM »

Beezy

« Reply #328 on: July 08, 2017, 01:18:05 AM »
I've been playing this a lot this week with my best friend who finally bought it at $20 and my nephew. Still amazing. Monarch can be a pest once you get the hang of it. It's a nice addition that doesn't feel out of place imo.

benjipwns

« Reply #329 on: July 08, 2017, 01:42:26 AM »
this game is sooooo good

trolling with ronin has become my latest dumb thing, especially legions and scorches, arcwaving them from behind then a hit from the sword and leadwall then using the phase shift to disappear and circle around as they finally get themselves turned around

scorch is second with dropping canisters firing at some dope and falling back and triggering it with the ground fire attack

was being so useless with the kraber but sir swag is right it's so lol bullshit FUCK YEAH I AM A GOD BRING IT when you do headshot some dude out of the air trying to shoot someone else like say...a spectre because you can't hit anything moving :lol

and if you get like three or more in a life :dead

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #330 on: July 18, 2017, 02:41:37 PM »

Introducing an all-new way to play Titanfall 2: Frontier Defense, the PvE horde mode introduced in Operation Frontier Shield! Built for 4 player co-op, you and your team are tasked with protecting the Harvester through multiple waves of coordinated enemies all hellbent on taking it down. Build your team, optimize your Titans and adapt your strategies to survive the mayhem with all new weapons, gear, and progression.

Be sure to show off your skills with the new Frontier Titan Warpaints, which each feature an insignia that changes to reflect the highest difficulty of Frontier Defense you have mastered. These skins also grant an XP boost to you and your teammates at the completion of a Frontier Defense match, but these Warpaints are only available for a limited time!

For Pilots, we're also introducing Elite Weapon Warpaints, custom-designed Warpaints for specific weapons that drastically change the look of your favorite firearms. These Warpaints also grant bonuses to you and your teammates in-game. For each elite weapon warpaint you own, you gain a 10% chance to earn a 2x XP token at the completion of a match (max 30% total).

To round out Operation Frontier Shield, we've also introduced a remastered map from the original Titanfall: Rise. This map features towering, sheer walls and a system of convenient zip lines provide Pilots with the perfect means to get around quickly while Titans do battle in the long corridors below. Operation Frontier Shield also includes a new Live Fire map: Township, which models an idyllic small-town environment with open thoroughfares and small buildings with intense close-quarters combat.

Assemble your crew, Pilot! We'll see you out on the Frontier.
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #331 on: July 18, 2017, 04:26:35 PM »
:rejoice  :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :phil :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :phil :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :phil :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :phil

and here i figured i'd be playing more and more battlegrounds in place of this because i was getting a bit tired of the maps, then BOOM, my ultimate jam mode that revived the first game for me (and what like 75% of my time wound up in) is finally here :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #332 on: July 18, 2017, 04:29:47 PM »
plz to let the mode given turrets stack with the one in my loadout :-*

benjipwns

« Reply #333 on: July 18, 2017, 04:34:17 PM »
FREE TRIAL!

On July 28th through the 30th we will be hosting another free trial for Titanfall 2 on all platforms. You will have access to the training gauntlet, the single player mission, The Beacon, and full access to multiplayer during this time. If you want to get a head start you can download the demo version of Titanfall 2 right now and playing training and The Beacon in the meantime and you’ll be good to go when we flip on multiplayer on the 28th.

TITANFALL ASSAULT NEWS COMING SOON

Titanfall Assault is a real-time strategy game based in the Titanfall universe being developed in partnership with Particle City and Nexon for mobile. We’ve been running betas in a number of regions this summer and later this week we are going to start talking more about the game and showing it in action soon. It’s shaping up really nicely and we think you guys will dig it.

Beezy

« Reply #334 on: July 18, 2017, 07:46:19 PM »
OMFGGGGG

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #335 on: July 18, 2017, 08:26:21 PM »
It only took them nearly a year to release Frontier Defense.

But now I can't complain anymore (besides the dead playerbase on PC). Good job, Respawn. Maybe next time have it in on launch so you don't repeat your mistakes for a third time? :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #336 on: July 18, 2017, 11:33:37 PM »
Same alt-right neo-nazi talking points and gamergate lies about PC Titanfall 2. :gurl

Ever since they changed the matchmaking system I can get a game in like a minute almost any time of day unless you happen to hit just right where everyone is in a game.  :yeshrug

Sure, not in a specific mode necessarily (especially the more unique modes) but the new system where you mark all the modes you might want to do should like be the default for everything from here on. Especially CoD.

Player count is like 2000-2500 a lot of the time which seems fine from my end. I've played more amped hardpoint in the last few months since the change than I ever got to for all Titanfall experience prior.

The first game had people, like me, who played Frontier Defense almost exclusively and the match making was much more "loose" on that since ping and stuff wasn't as important. Almost could always get into a game until about six months before 2 came out cuz playing with Yurop or whatever wasn't horrible.

It'd be cool if you could rank the modes or something, like.. 45% frontier defense, 25% amped hardpoint, 15% bounty hunt, 15% attrition. Getting stuck in a losing loop of bounty hunt games is like the worst situation I think, and I generally like the mode. :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #337 on: July 26, 2017, 12:24:02 AM »
oh god i forgot how much you can feel like a one man army in frontier defense when you're the only one holding down one side of the map and annihilating everything

benjipwns

« Reply #338 on: July 26, 2017, 12:39:40 AM »
also just like the first game it treats everything as if you were fighting normal rather than huge waves so you level up everything constantly :lol

though it does have a completely separate unlock tree for the titans within the mode and you can't swap titans once a round starts, weapons and everything are normal, i leveled up the lighteningbolt from 11 to 16 with one round on easy

will have to play a few rounds to super level up the charge laser since i hate it...and the hemlock?!? :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #339 on: July 26, 2017, 12:44:26 AM »
free trial this weekend

benjipwns

« Reply #340 on: July 26, 2017, 01:41:11 AM »
each level is tougher than the equivalent in the first game i'd say (i.e. regular -> easy, hard -> regular...there's a locked for everyone "insane")

you're limited to two turrets but they never get destroyed, and anyone on your team can repair them, i was doing a loop repairing half the teams turrets and abusing titans and wound up with like 80 repairs and most titans doomed lol

there's a team money pot you can drop extra funds into for anyone to use like after you've bought what you want but have some odd amount like $86 left over or whatever...from an armory you buy the turrets and arc mines which slow everything down, or get batteries or amped weapons immediately, etc.

also, like normal, FPS players don't really get how to play defense, just like the other TF2 always drove me nuts when i was the only medic, so i took it upon myself to setup a chokepoint of death for the AI waves using arc mines it was the only way to keep the nuke and arc titans back long enough

it got better when another guy finally realized what i was doing (since the waves suddenly stopped coming from the path everyone had been watching since I had stopped them where they "drop") so we blanketed the entire one approach to the harvester and set our titans to guard mode on the bridge overlooking, they actually took opposite sides of the bridge firing down, which combined with our turrets and me just flooding the area with electric smoke nades and blasting everything and running between and around the fifty titans on the screen to get to the turrets while he sat up top and rained down rockets, it became this clusterfuck of death and we finally passed the final wave :lawd

but they set the mode off, so you have to matchmake it separately, i assume because of how it has its own set of titan unlocks?

ending of that round was so epic, like twenty nuke titans, but they got stuck under the bridge because we arc mined the shit out of the area and plus they can't walk through each other or all the reapers that came with them, and the bridge protected everyone from the nukes going off, but not the dumb reapers standing on either side and they just kept funneling into it :lol

Beezy

« Reply #341 on: July 26, 2017, 01:45:33 AM »
Played 2 matches of Frontier Defense. Won one lost one. Things get so chaotic in the later waves.

benjipwns

« Reply #342 on: July 26, 2017, 02:08:14 AM »
mortar titans are the same as first game, i always gotta go clear them out since nobody else wants to wander that far out (despite the fact that everything drops/spawns out there so you can wail on them way before they get close)

people seem to be doing mostly okay clearing out the mortar spectres who are new because they're closer and come before people are in titans usually, but i've seen two separate people die trying to kill them one by one, a nade will take the whole group out (i think of any kind because they're robots, my trusty electric smoke does and i can just bail out to the next group)

and once people get their titans they tend to stay in them and camp or chase stuff around, so when a later round peppered those in i noticed nobody was doing anything about them

i haven't yet seen anything like the first game would do where it says you know what, fuck you, here's a wave of mortar titans, lets say, 30 of em which will be just great for benji to try and take down by himself...oh and here's forty nuke titans to just rush you...but maybe it'll get back to that on hard and up, it always seemed to throw that at you if you ran perfect through all but the last wave

they also have the dropship come in HIGHER and at an angle greater than it used to, so you can't do much out of it, i used to deploy death from above (1979) as i came in after dying, but maybe i just need to pull out my old mag launcher and pair it with the softball or something for that

i've still never touched the single player because at first i was waiting on my cpu and then my 1060 so it could be all pretty, next slightly longer lull in updates i'll have to force myself before going back to battlegrounds or whatever :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #343 on: July 27, 2017, 01:23:30 AM »
shit they added these flying drones that fire the same weapon as reapers, only targeting is poor at range, and they're annoying as fuck to try to take out outside of ronin really and they'll take down turrets with one shot, on foot you mainly need a MG or the thunderbolt

we eventually just setup a wall of turrets that would mow them down

the game also drops fake pods that only explode into smoke rather than have grunts pour out, then they drop or bring in the real enemies through the big ol cloud of smoke so you can't target them

on the final wave of nuke titans plus random other stuff rushing we somehow without any communication planted our titans right in the field path, three of us set to auto-defend and then took to the buildings to use anti-titan weapons, was just this giant pile of mechs battling each other as we fired rockets and lasers into it

soooo good :lawd :rejoice

only flaw in our plan was that the non-enhanced auto-titans don't retreat fast enough to always get away from the nuke explosions, i was shocked that they recognize it though and do

i realized why the frontier defense unlocks are only for the mode after looking at the ones farther down the path, they'd be game-breaking if you weren't facing hordes of titans and stuff, effectively extra mags/greater AoE's/fast reloads/etc. but on all the abilities too not just the gun, unlocked the first one for scorch that gives you another shot with the main gun and you can really batter a titan fast without the reload inbetween shots plus your abilities and there's just flames everywhere

benjipwns

« Reply #344 on: August 09, 2017, 08:13:32 PM »
even easy is so punishing at times, especially if you don't know the wave order, i have no idea what hard is going to be like when i wind up unlocking that

regenerated yet again you get so much XP from frontier defense...all my anti-titan weapons are now like G3+ except the laser which i hate, time to start shooting up grunts with the pistols probably

i was finally leveling up the cold war and then i swapped over to play a regular match and was having such an easier time killing actual humans vs. the AI swarms with it for some reason

i think they might have to tweak the aegis leveling as it takes forever to progress

this guy in my game last night said he hit level 20 with the monarch, but i don't know if he meant in aegis which would mean he's played about a hundred frontier defense games or just in general which would mean he could have played three

he also said he wished northstar would fuck him hard it was so sexy among other things that led someone to ask how you kick a person to which i told them "it's 2017, titanfall is titanfall"

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #345 on: August 09, 2017, 10:44:09 PM »

Beezy

« Reply #346 on: August 10, 2017, 10:43:40 AM »
Benji, the anti titan laser is good if you add the perk which basically removes the charge time. All of mine except that slow energy ball thing are at G3 or almost there.

My Scorch aegis level is currently 7. Thanks to his splash damage, I usually finish 1st on my team and my overall score ends up being much higher than 2nd place. My Northstar is level 4. Rise is the perfect map for her. I tried finding a hard match last night but no luck.

Wargames is the hardest map for me so far on normal. I'm not sure if it's the layout, the enemies they throw at you, or if I just happen to get shitty teammates whenever I play that map, but I'm not sure if I've completed it on normal yet without needing to use a continue.

thisismyusername

« Reply #347 on: August 10, 2017, 10:54:01 AM »
Really? Ya'll are having problems with Frontier Defense? :doge

Protip: Eqiup Nuke to your Mech. Buy Amped Battery (if you have the spare cash) while getting 2-3 (or more) Arc Traps each round.

Arc Traps is the only thing you NEED to buy beyond Amped Batteries (to regen health between rounds) and so long as your team clears lanes, you'll NEVER have problems with the AI.

benjipwns

« Reply #348 on: August 10, 2017, 03:29:24 PM »
Didn't say I was having problems, only had to restart like twice so far, just that it's harder on the each difficulty compared to the last game.

I flood the map with arc traps, especially once I learn the waves.

Wargames is toughest because it has that gap in the middle that the waves can come through but you can't. Actually, I just realized I should put a turret on the boxes there instead of covering the one flank nobody else ever covers. I always run out to the back end of the map and rain fire on shit from behind since nobody else ever ventures out to the mortar titans. Using the long range on Legion is hilarious because the titans hitboxes go over the boxes/cargo things/etc. and the AI just wanders in circles through my arc trap pile trying to figure it out.
and so long as your team clears lanes
:girlaff

Benji, the anti titan laser is good if you add the perk which basically removes the charge time. All of mine except that slow energy ball thing are at G3 or almost there.
Feels lame though and that's what matters. That slow energy ball is almost instadoom if you hit with it on the AI Titans and it damages everything it flies by. If you get the bigger mag and fast reload and they line up (in part because they're stuck in your arc traps), oh the slaughter.

Beezy

« Reply #349 on: August 10, 2017, 04:26:20 PM »
The Wargames mad doesn't have obvious lanes and the randoms I play with tend to be dumb as shit on this map so, yeah. I have trouble with it. Maps with clear lanes are much easier. Also, I stopped playing the first game before they added this mode. It's completely new to me. I know arc traps are the most important though. My support score is usually the highest on my team because of it. I rarely buy turrets.

I haven't used nuke eject because Scorch and Northstar are usually great in the situations I tend to use them in, but I'll try that out tonight. I haven't used any other titans in Frontier Defense yet.

thisismyusername

« Reply #350 on: August 10, 2017, 05:52:31 PM »
The Wargames mad doesn't have obvious lanes

Yes it does. The waves do not change no matter the difficulty mode. Watch your mini-map, they fall in the same area per round. In fact, I'm finding Frontier Defense disappointing because of that: There's no unexpected twists.

Turrets are pointless. Smack anyone on your team that buys that shit because it's a waste of cash.

1. Arc Trap
2. Amped Battery
3. Nuke Rodeo (if wanting to chain, but even then you can basically speed yourself at a Nuke AI to chain some damage IIRC)
4. Amped Weapons if needed, but you really shouldn't need it as Thunderbolt is MVP.

Spam Arc Traps at all the spawn points (a bit out of them), laying them downwards every like 50 meters toward your generator. Since Arc traps slow down EVERYTHING, you should have more than ample time on Easy/Normal/Hard to clear everything out with you and your team.

Loadout is something like:

SMG/LMG/Assault Rifle (screw the Sniper Rifles) + Thunderbolt unless you're using that Charge Rifle with the quickfire so it doesn't charge up + Smoke Grenade with refilling Ordinance perk enabled.
A-wall (meh), Stim (MVP), Grapple (maybe)
Titans: Doesn't matter, pick them and get extra dash + nuke in case you get massively damaged and then spam EEE to take a group out if you're surrounded.

Nothing should get past you and your team if your team isn't brain-dead on defending/objective.

Kinda wish there was different waves to where this tactic wouldn't work and maybe the turrets would be useful instead of a waste of cash.

In terms of the Mechs:

1. Northstar
2. Monarch
3. Scorch (maybe, if you're good at burning groups)
4. Ion/Legion/Tone
100. Ronin (absolutely pointless and I hate having to level this one up)

So long as you have four uniques (and a Monarch with shield regen I guess) you won't have a problem. If your Mech gets nuked, your thunderbolt spamming while stimmed up will generally get you another one within 30 seconds.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 06:07:57 PM by thisismyusername »

benjipwns

« Reply #351 on: August 10, 2017, 06:41:24 PM »
 :snore :boring

embrace the bullshit :bolo

Beezy

« Reply #352 on: August 11, 2017, 04:00:27 AM »
Nothing should get past you and your team if your team isn't brain-dead on defending/objective.
:lol

thisismyusername

« Reply #353 on: August 12, 2017, 11:12:25 PM »
:lol

I know, it's a tough order but it happens.

benjipwns

« Reply #354 on: August 22, 2017, 08:00:05 AM »
MEGATON
Settings -> Audio -> CLASSIC FRONTIER DEFENSE MUSIC

space western twang is back :rejoice

benjipwns

« Reply #355 on: August 24, 2017, 12:41:01 AM »
three more maps getting the FD treatment:

benjipwns

« Reply #356 on: August 24, 2017, 12:42:16 AM »
also i played with some dude with a [GAF] tag and he was giving orders over the voice chat in attrition :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #357 on: August 26, 2017, 12:16:38 AM »
finally got a friend into titanfall 2 even though he bought the game at launch (i didn't even, waited for $45, and i actually played the first game!)

i don't think he believed me when i told him in the past that the stuff in the trailers was actually legit gameplay...and i think he's finally realizing my position that many pilots are endlessly more frightening than titans

hid like a little bitch as i dropped a titan on a guy trying to get me...he got revenge next match in bounty hunt because we all ditched our titans outside the bank to deposit and he dropped his dead center :rofl

got put into live fire, which i usually don't play, after friend left and holy crap is the mastiff is a monster in those tight maps...we had four mastiffs on our team and other team had three krabers so someone proposed at the halftime we make it all mastiffs vs. krabers

team kraber seriously never had a chance, if it wasn't for them all seemingly having fire stars...

NEED THOSE THREE MORE FD MAPS, i seriously haven't seen one other than Forwardbase Kodai in over a week :dead
(at least it's helping my friend learn the game while i get to do silly easy mode capable things like only use my pistol and rodeoes for an entire wave...plus knowing the wave order now lets me plaster the map in arc traps for which there totally needs to be an end round banner)

this guy was trying to get the cloak execution unlock thing, but he was counting them down in chat, so i grabbed him with the grapple whenever i saw his shimmering self running around after people until he said "omg stop that" 8)

benjipwns

« Reply #358 on: September 02, 2017, 12:41:03 AM »
randomly started using the Hover after unlocking it again this go-round and realizing that i basically never used whatever i was before

what a stupidly silly fun ability, and it feels like literally nobody is ready for it to be used to survey from long distances, it's a complete terror for people on glitch or anywhere that coming to a sudden stop way up in mid-air with lots of sight-lines blocked for anyone who is not totally hovering a thousand feet in the air is the last thing anyone will expect, like they say in video games nobody ever looks up

being able to do it anywhere makes it more fun than the wall hang, especially if you double jumped to some total nonsense position and use it

does diminish in effectiveness as titans drop and you're in their eyeline more often, hence the ability to get higher easier than with the wallhang helping out

now i'm realizing you could use it jumping backwards as you exit a building or with the grapple to make even more absurd sudden stops that you have no business doing in a MP FPS, cept the new king bless up  :rejoice

best part is how you can immediately cancel out of it into anything else just like all the movement, that's what CoD and a lot of other stuff hasn't yet figured out from what i've played, maybe CoD skipping at least a year and Brink coming back to the cheers of millions upon millions will get others to rethink the importance of movement and the superiority of objectives

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #359 on: September 04, 2017, 02:42:12 AM »
This doesn't relate to the main game, just the franchise, but I was hopeful to see a mobile version of the property come out. Titanfall Assault is a good looking, reasonable to learn game without a disgusting number of mysterious currencies to figure out. It's more or less Crash Royale's mechanics, but troop placement is in a shared battleground rather than divided and bridge-crossable. Aggressive troop placement is partially ameliorated by automated turret emplacements.

It's fun, give it a shot.