Author Topic: Titanfall 2  (Read 90227 times)

Beezy

Re: Titanfall 2
« Reply #360 on: September 04, 2017, 04:26:25 AM »
Scorch is king of Frontier Defense.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #361 on: September 04, 2017, 04:54:38 AM »
that second shot unlock is more of a game changer than i expected especially if you're constantly dropping canisters

when i went back to regular modes i kept going after people like "aha i've got you now" and then nope you're gonna be reloading breh :doge

and then just rushing the waves with the flame shield is stupid fun

benjipwns

« Reply #362 on: September 04, 2017, 04:58:00 AM »
also, that angel city wave that more or less forces you to circle the map to take out all the mortar spectres across every single rooftop :whew

spoiler (click to show/hide)
even fakes you out the first time by taking you off to the one corner, dropping something else so you're like alright done with that, and then suddenly restarting the circle again
[close]

Beezy

« Reply #363 on: September 04, 2017, 05:24:29 AM »
My Scorch's aegis rank is 16. One more level and I get 3 shots before having to reload. :lawd

also, that angel city wave that more or less forces you to circle the map to take out all the mortar spectres across every single rooftop :whew

even fakes you out the first time by taking you off to the one corner, dropping something else so you're like alright done with that, and then suddenly restarting the circle again
[close]

I stick with the grapple thanks to rooftop situations like this. It's a lot easier to get around with it than stim.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 12:55:11 PM by Beezy »

benjipwns

« Reply #364 on: September 04, 2017, 04:52:37 PM »
oh jeez none of my aegis ranks are above 5 because i swap between them all constantly, same with weapons, etc.

i've never truly swapped off the grapple since i saw it in the trailer...except for a week where i was trying the holo pilots and while that was sometimes fun i never figured out the ideal ways for it while staying in motion

really everything just always comes back to me wanting that extra movement, the weird thing is that i never see anybody really using it at weird angles or swinging with it and i'm constantly doing that and then hitting walls and jumping off to grapple another point (now with some dead-stop hovers sprinkled in) and i can look back and see a dude totally give up trying to chase me down, even in a titan

and flying in from one direction, then looping around and cutting to float over stuff to the other side totally exploits the nobody looks up exploit, it's like i want to completely be dumb and climb and fly all over these maps and fire my grapple randomly and try to make it work and then oh yeah i totally meant to do that when i accidentally flip myself over a wall and land behind half the other team i'm a mlg pro 8)

of course basically 95% of people are either using stim or cloak from what i can tell

my favorite thing playing that little of live fire i did i mentioned above was all the people using cloak...like wtf, i felt it wasn't sporting to try and melee or grapple them like normal when i see some cloaked dude running around inside buildings and just put them out of their misery from afar instead

benjipwns

« Reply #365 on: September 04, 2017, 04:52:57 PM »
did i mention that i love this games movement system

benjipwns

« Reply #366 on: September 04, 2017, 05:01:26 PM »
reminds me, the friend i mentioned a few posts above who was just getting into the game finally started to get some of the basics down after not knowing how to use the grapple, how you can really jump in any directions, etc. he hadn't yet cracked TF1 levels of movement yet, and i kept telling him that no you can literally do all this stuff in the trailers, i'm doing it regularly and i stink, just watch from a safe rooftop for a few seconds while i do stuff or whatever like two grapples and two jumps to cross angel city's middle while making a 45 degree turn back to come in the backside of the building, etc....then he figured out some of the basics the other weekend a bit and he was like oh my god at what you can do :ohhh

then right after we played some rainbow six siege and i fell off a building because i basically tried to wallrun :rofl

it honestly didn't look that far, i think she could have made it

Beezy

« Reply #367 on: September 04, 2017, 05:18:28 PM »
The best non-grapple movement and aim I've seen in this game are from people who play Live Fire regularly. One time this guy on the opposing team was wallrunning for most of the match with the first sniper rifle you get and he just kept picking off people. I hope I never play him again.

Northstar is the only other titan I use in Frontier Defense. Once I get all of Scorch's unlocks, I'll try messing around with a couple other titans.

benjipwns

« Reply #368 on: September 04, 2017, 05:33:48 PM »
that's that one ability to scope while wallrunning or whatever i think but you can quick-scope the kraber pretty well imo, probably puts on gun ready too, like most multiplayer games ever it's sometimes way easier to quick scope those sniper rifles in close quarters and if you have no movement penalty which this game totally lets you do which is the normal drawback

tone and legion seem really underpowered in FD i mean compared to how they play in MP, monarch and ion oddly work out better for me, i think in legion's case it's simply the speed factor plus how you've got basically nothing but the gun, that's all without aegis upgrades obviously, i thought tone's pulse could be useful but everybody probably ignores it

northstar with the full power shot, heck even half power, cleaning up all sorts of titans...and the hover saving me from having to run all over the map to take out the mortar titans when i can snipe em while hovering :lawd

though smh at a dude using ion who isn't putting down the tripwires nor using the scatter, it like why you even bro

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #369 on: September 22, 2017, 08:52:26 AM »
This doesn't relate to the main game, just the franchise, but I was hopeful to see a mobile version of the property come out. Titanfall Assault is a good looking, reasonable to learn game without a disgusting number of mysterious currencies to figure out. It's more or less Crash Royale's mechanics, but troop placement is in a shared battleground rather than divided and bridge-crossable. Aggressive troop placement is partially ameliorated by automated turret emplacements.

It's fun, give it a shot.

Still enjoying this, finally seeing lots of people who know the game better than I do. Only winning half the time, so matchmaking is pretty tight.

However, I did just win my first shutout battle, pretty sure the other guy thinks I'm cheating.

benjipwns

« Reply #370 on: October 12, 2017, 01:25:57 AM »
out of desperation and assuming i was dead anyway, i decided to use the hover directly on the evac spot and everyone just ignored me standing there in the air and ship came and i popped in, they probably thought i was a glitch or something  :lol

noticed a lot more thunderbolts in use recently, wonder if people picked that up from playing frontier defense where it's even more useful

have i raved like a lunatic about the flexibility and movement in this game recently? because holy fuck this shit is so amazing, did they hire some wizards or somethin to code this game using magiC++ or what

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #371 on: October 12, 2017, 05:30:40 AM »
Got it cheap at a PSN sale a while ago and started the single player campaign last week.

Stomping around with the titan is fun but I'm enjoying the hell out of jumping around and running on the walls and shit.

Most fun I've had with a shooter since I don't know, Halo? :rejoice

Wonder if there are other shooters that have the same kind of mobility...

Beezy

« Reply #372 on: October 12, 2017, 07:23:25 AM »
Wonder if there are other shooters that have the same kind of mobility...
Titanfall 1. That's about it.

benjipwns

« Reply #373 on: October 12, 2017, 08:47:31 AM »
And even that doesn't have the grappling hook, which I can't switch away from, I feel naked. I would keep moving in a way where I'd need it and just fall harmlessly to the ground as my clones or whatever ran off.

I rarely see other people using it though, usually stim and cloak, followed by the clones. One time saw a dude using the A-Wall and I was the only other person who would run over and use it when he put it up. :lol

I sling shot across the maps recklessly like it's fucking Spider-Man 2 all up in this joint all the time after spawning. Especially the first one even though it's stupid.

But yet again, it's a video game, nobody ever looks up. So I usually just fly right over.

Which now makes me want to do a spawn slingshot into the middle of a map and scope so I hover just for funzies.

In a frontier defense game I was playing last weekend it was funny watching my teammates on the map slowly trying to run back and forth to the various crisis points, while I was flinging myself all over off everything and into the air and raining down thunderbolt shots and electric smoke nades. Even the AI doesn't look up. I spent almost the entire game on the right side of the map alone as they all ran around the left side. And when something would get through to the harvester I would fling myself back in that direction, and take care of it, and then see a teammate come running out of a building from wherever.

Glitch is almost too much fun just flying around on that the other team gets in the way of me trying to do stupid routes like dropping under the one wall to grapple onto the other and continue running. Plus they added those ziplines out of the spawns so you can slide down those and then grapple to fling yourself across almost the entire map if there weren't the center walls blocking it.

benjipwns

« Reply #374 on: October 12, 2017, 09:04:46 AM »
this canadian tryhard prolly refuses to embrace the bullshit but if i was good it'd be like this only way more awesome since he's a console plebeian :teehee
[close]

this nobody unknown loser probably hates embracing the bullshit too but he seems to get the whole point is swinging and using it to create absurd angles that you're coming from:
[close]

kinda lol that i never watched anything like this and just developed it all off using it and noticing how the physics/momentum works and doing it because the game never stopped me from doing it :smug

now i have names for it like AIR STRAFING when i called it SWING AROUND THE BUILDING AND SHOOT THEIR FACES

also these videos should be done with text to speech

edit:
no one speaking in this one, and he grapples a titan and circles around it, which always makes me wish the grapple actually was physical and you could tie it around the legs like star wars...also this one has more of the short crap i do a lot to just make me ever so erratic and make immediate direction/angle changes:
[close]

edit2: spoilered out the lesser videos
just clips used in that, no music or directions:

:dead at swinging around then slide kicking the sentry
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 09:30:15 AM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #375 on: October 12, 2017, 09:21:05 AM »
watching that last one, all the kill and level up notice sounds are triggering me, the shakes

also i want to change the language to korean for the lady's calm voice now

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #376 on: October 12, 2017, 12:38:25 PM »
i really miss japanese titan voices from 1  :'(

whats the community like on pc rn? I be able to clear some space and reinstall

benjipwns

« Reply #377 on: October 12, 2017, 02:28:21 PM »
~1500 on weekdays
~2500-3000 on weekends
frontier defense did give it a boost, probably ~500 extra players compared to before it, it was also on sale then so that probably helped too

can pretty much find a game in a few seconds depending on how many modes you pick to matchmake into, taking the main modes of Attrition/Hardpoint/Bounty usually finds me a game in under a minute, putting Live Fire into the mix guarantees it...if you don't care and pick everything i'm sure you'd find games always within a few seconds

weekdays you can sometimes wait five minutes or so for frontier defense games, it cycles through potential games extra times before it'll put you in an empty slot in an already going game for that mode

the special weekly/monthly mode does seem to take forever unless it's advertising 2XP or says what the fuck it is, you can't stick it in your matchmaking modes list for some silly reason

it still seems to have that ol surely placebo Call of Duty matchmaking quirk where it seems like you're getting nothing so you back out and go right back in again and you'll be put into a game pretty much instantly :lol

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #378 on: October 15, 2017, 03:17:04 PM »

NickFire

« Reply #379 on: October 23, 2017, 03:07:51 PM »
Never has a console exclusive deal backfired as much as the first Titanfall. 

Beezy

« Reply #380 on: October 23, 2017, 08:32:33 PM »
mods plz

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #381 on: October 23, 2017, 09:08:09 PM »
Never has a console exclusive deal backfired as much as the first Titanfall.

Wrong game bud you're looking for the titanfall topic, this is the titanfall 2 topic different game. Please see your negativity over there.

Syph

« Reply #382 on: October 23, 2017, 09:50:22 PM »
i bought this game because toku made me a believer and i have absolutely no regrets
campaign was excellent and is criminally overlooked, and the multiplayer keeps me coming back and does dlc the right way

also the gun play  :lawd

toku i remember before i took a break from the internet that your stuff got stolen, did you end up recouping or rebuying anything?
[close]
XO

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #383 on: October 23, 2017, 11:09:03 PM »
I've got it on PC rn. Just chilling console less for awhile.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #384 on: November 01, 2017, 12:21:39 AM »
rust but still fun miss my mecha  :'(

https://streamable.com/naedd

benjipwns

« Reply #385 on: November 04, 2017, 07:54:27 AM »
regenerated again and finally got a worthy banner :rejoice

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #386 on: November 04, 2017, 10:49:21 PM »
I haven't played this in over 2 months after the comp scene died on x1.

Maybe it's time to pick it back up

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #387 on: November 09, 2017, 05:15:07 PM »
http://www.respawn.com/combine

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

benjipwns

« Reply #388 on: November 09, 2017, 05:26:24 PM »
well, we'll always have Titanfall 2 and the Titanfall 2 extended open beta known as Titanfall, bless up

Q – Does this change Vince’s role at Respawn?
that's how you know he actually wrote it

kingv

« Reply #389 on: November 09, 2017, 05:54:24 PM »
My guess is what really happened is that titanfall 2 didn’t hit sales milestones and the contract was written in such a way that getting sold was the only real option.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #391 on: November 09, 2017, 07:02:12 PM »
My guess is what really happened is that titanfall 2 didn’t hit sales milestones and the contract was written in such a way that getting sold was the only real option.

Yeah, this has a certain resonance to it…

Beezy

« Reply #392 on: November 09, 2017, 07:28:46 PM »
 :gloomy

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #393 on: November 09, 2017, 07:42:16 PM »
IW > Respawn > ?

How many big name publishers are left that can run these guys into the the ground

Rahxephon91

« Reply #394 on: November 09, 2017, 08:23:30 PM »
Well at least there will be a GAS Titanfall 3 before the studio is closed.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #395 on: November 09, 2017, 09:07:36 PM »
IW > Respawn > ?

How many big name publishers are left that can run these guys into the the ground

Ubisoft after this.

Beezy

« Reply #396 on: November 09, 2017, 09:41:15 PM »
GAS?

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #397 on: November 09, 2017, 09:45:00 PM »
1.) They'll make another Titanfall
2.) Zampella and West will leave
3.) The Star Wars game will be in development hell
4.) EA will mismanage everything
5.) Star Wars thing may/maynot come out
6.) They'll shut down Respawn
nat

benjipwns

« Reply #398 on: November 09, 2017, 09:55:44 PM »
Jason West left Respawn in May 2012. He was only there until they settled the lawsuit with Activision.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #399 on: November 09, 2017, 10:14:21 PM »
The other big name at respawn to watch for if they leave is Steve Fukuda. He was lead director on both TFs, writer on 2. Think he came from IW days as well. I'll start to worry when he leaves.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #400 on: November 10, 2017, 08:12:48 AM »
Sounds like Visceral was ultimately shut down because this deal was happening and that the Respawn Star Wars game looks way better in its current state that the Visceral game ever did. Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst. Titanfall 2 should've been a bigger deal. Maybe Respawn will come out well on the deal and absorb some of those Visceral guys. Maybe Respawn will develop the next good Dead Space game. Maybe they'll take over Need for Speed and make a good one of those.

Wouldn't Disney be contracted for both projects to release, regardless of a change in ownership?

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #401 on: November 10, 2017, 11:47:47 AM »
Sounds like Visceral was ultimately shut down because this deal was happening and that the Respawn Star Wars game looks way better in its current state that the Visceral game ever did. Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst. Titanfall 2 should've been a bigger deal. Maybe Respawn will come out well on the deal and absorb some of those Visceral guys. Maybe Respawn will develop the next good Dead Space game. Maybe they'll take over Need for Speed and make a good one of those.

Stage 3: Bargaining

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #402 on: November 10, 2017, 01:00:42 PM »
 :rejoice

benjipwns

« Reply #403 on: November 11, 2017, 03:51:13 AM »

Wouldn't Disney be contracted for both projects to release, regardless of a change in ownership?
I don't think Disney would be involved in any of this in anyway at all, none of their properties are involved and they don't own EA.

Kiddo.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #404 on: November 11, 2017, 07:33:37 AM »
Is that another tired Roberts Roberts joke? Isn't that over?

benjipwns

« Reply #405 on: November 11, 2017, 09:52:53 AM »
I won't let soulless corporate leviathans like EA and The Bore tear out daring and original media creators like him and Respawn from our hearts with the hope that their mass produced consumerist tripe can speak to an independent mind like mine and millions of others let alone fill the empty void left behind. #TheResistance #The6-4
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 09:57:35 AM by benjipwns »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #406 on: November 14, 2017, 02:52:09 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #407 on: November 16, 2017, 01:08:01 AM »
saw a [GAF] clan tag again

dude was using smart pistol and tone with purchased (i guess it could have dropped) prime skin

i haven't checked if there's an ERA network i should have told him all the cool kids had immigrated after i squashed him with my titan's fist

i saw someone had changed the GAF network to say something about how it was DEAD FOREVER, so i deleted it from my list

i actually only ever use the default advocate, my YUM! Brands OFFICIAL one that i made that none of you joined, and Giant Bomb's for happy hour but i had added a whole bunch of them at one point

the gaf dude was chasing me through the drydock interior parts which are a constant set of 90 degree turns if you want but he didn't seem to know the layout since who ever goes through those walkways so i was able to just break his lock everytime the warning popped up until i got to the middle with the ship and i was thinking i was totally badass at this point as we had taken the lead, i kept getting RAMPAGE icons and this dork was wasting time chasing me down with the smart pistol that i thought, yep i'm gonna totally grapple across the midpoint no matter what is happening and swing into the other corridors and he is going to feel like an idiot

but the smart pistol keeps its lock on someone grappling because of course it does why wouldn't it

so it was a good thing i threw down an electric smoke nade right before i tried to be stupid awesome, the dummy walked right into it to maintain his lock, hope he enjoyed the killcam of me tossing a nade at a railing and then grappling over it

benjipwns

« Reply #408 on: November 16, 2017, 01:21:29 AM »
it actually bums me out that i never see nutty kill cams like those for myself, everybody else just shoots at you or whatever, i throw nades at walls or fire thunderbolts wildly in the general direction of enemy titans, people must think i'm totally crazy

like how do i find that japanese dude so he can kill me in crazy ways like coming flying inverted at me at a 27 degree angle then dropping me with a single pistol headshot as he flies over the top of the building to land in his titan

speaking of which ever since watching all those videos i started getting absurd with how i get to and enter my titan if it's some distance away, like i flung myself with a single grapple over two blocks on colony to get into a titan i had dropped on a hardpoint and it's just silly that you can do that and still control yourself in the air enough to get within range to hit E and be grabbed :lol

also been flinging myself over stuff so i can fire thunderbolts down on titans and then be in a totally different spot from where the shot came from

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #409 on: November 17, 2017, 01:48:43 AM »
Tried hopping back in Titanfall 2 after a few months.... this recent patch nerfing the 201 a bit was stupid. Now spitfires everywhere on console.:goty2

Hopefully Titanfall 3 is more like the first game and not this mess.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #410 on: November 18, 2017, 02:09:05 PM »
Heads up benji, rumor is TF3 gonna have some destiny social space elements. Which shouldn't be a big surprise because i do remember seeing some stuff along those line in TF1 design and bts stuff. Sounding like TF3 is gonna be the real TF2 Fukuda wanted to make?

Beezy

« Reply #411 on: November 19, 2017, 12:10:55 PM »
Are there more TF3 rumors?

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #412 on: November 19, 2017, 01:38:45 PM »
What are the odds of this hitting 5-10$ this week?

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #413 on: November 19, 2017, 01:46:46 PM »
It was $14.99 at Best Buy a couple weeks ago ($11.99 if you had a GCU membership). I'd say odds are pretty good.
sup

benjipwns

« Reply #414 on: November 19, 2017, 11:12:46 PM »
On Origin anyway they lowered the price to $20 normally now.

It had been $30, so it'd go 50% off for $15 during sales. I noticed EA does some screwy pricing/discounts on the various packages, like the recent sale had them on BF1 so the base game wouldn't drop under $25 while the new complete package discounted to $35 or something.

But they sometimes don't mess with lower tier games like that, Mirror's Edge Catalyst they let hit $5 for example.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #415 on: November 20, 2017, 12:08:24 PM »

asia only, it looks like TF1 with new skins lol

:doge

benjipwns

« Reply #416 on: November 21, 2017, 12:58:11 AM »
holy shit at the Mozambique on a map with hallways/forced close to mid-ranges like Complex :rofl

i've started dropping my sentry in just plain random spots instead of trying perfect coverage spots and it's way stupider bullshit (other than having one watch a bank or hardpoint)

between the two and then dropping my titan in the middle of the hallway on top of people i had about 15 straight kills to start a bounty hunt match before the first wave was over

by the middle of the match the other team was camping outside with their titans because we had the inside on such lockdown, to deposit to the only bank they could get to they'd come in as an entire group so their titans would cover, i'd hit our bank and take the shortcut through the two tiny hallways to the main one and fire some thunderbolts over there or throw a nade with no intention of actually challenging them alone just keeping em honest :lol

one of them decided he was going to bumrush us with his scorch to try and break the area control and he was a bit of a problem as we had did have no titans at the moment, but he and everyone else didn't appear to know what i knew and that's that electric smoke nades put out the fires, so then we pummeled him with lasers and thunderbolts while somebody went around and got on his back, he died in the titan and the dummy had like $200 to deposit :dead

that opening round bloodbath and during the cod beta when i was terrorizing everyone with the incendiary rounds in the shotgun are two times i've been like, should have been recording in case of stuff like this

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #417 on: November 21, 2017, 01:12:50 AM »
this is $10 on origin right now fyi
pcp

benjipwns

« Reply #418 on: November 21, 2017, 01:47:38 AM »
noticed BF Hardline is finally down to $5

single player is actually sorta okay it's kinda stupid goofy in its failure to successfully be serious, though iirc you can totally do no-kill runs on many of the missions like it was SWAT 5 or something

the multiplayer situation on PC: there's one server still (like Brink before it became free) that's always up and always seems like it has 24+ dudes playing, it does every map and mode, sometimes there's like five other servers that pop up on weekends and stuff...but this one always seems to be available right now it's playing hardcore bank job has 28/32 players

game has always felt like a weird mod to me, my favorite MP mode is the stealing cars one because its like the design team went after bank jobs and hostages and so on..."okay, how about a mode where you steal cars" "but then what would they do?" "i guess they could just circle the map and teammates could lean shooting out the windows while cops try to stop them" and then they were like DONE, SOLD, SHIP IT

and yet it's strangely engrossing, especially as the cops, and especially because a totally viable strategy as the cops is to blow up all the marked cars as they spawn to minimize their chances of being stolen :dead

also like in the city map you can totally go up on the roof of the tallest skyscrapers and try to shoot people miles down on the ground because why not, we don't need a RETURN TO THE BATTLEFIELD marker up there, or better yet, try to fire on the cars driving around crazily in that mode...like i said, feels like a mod

plus it was visceral's last game and their inability to pull it off to EA's expectations cast doubt on their Star Wars game and ultimately got them all fired!

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #419 on: November 21, 2017, 02:00:33 AM »
i had a good time with hardline