Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild  (Read 99788 times)

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
« Reply #480 on: March 08, 2017, 10:56:45 AM »
Kak Village

:cac
©ZH

Bebpo

« Reply #481 on: March 08, 2017, 08:12:51 PM »
The motion tilt shrine puzzle had insanely bad controls.  Eventually got it by luck but that shit is broken.  Hopefully no more motion controls in the game.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #482 on: March 08, 2017, 08:17:56 PM »
The motion tilt shrine puzzle had insanely bad controls.  Eventually got it by luck but that shit is broken.  Hopefully no more motion controls in the game.

Disable motion controls.
©@©™

Lucretius

« Reply #483 on: March 08, 2017, 08:26:41 PM »

You can use motion controls to totally flip that puzzle over.  It's completely flat with no walls upside down.  The ball will drop again and you can just dump it in the thingy.  This game rewards thinking outside the (motion-controlled) box.
lip

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #484 on: March 08, 2017, 08:39:41 PM »
I like the motion puzzles so far. But then again I am the best videogamer around
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #485 on: March 08, 2017, 08:42:29 PM »
Yeah I did that and beat it the other day but it took me forever.  It wasn't just the tilt controls not syncing with the controller but the physics seemed wack.

I heard the easiest way on that one is to tilt the board in a way you can jump to it and then just use gravity skill to move the ball where you want it.

Disable motion controls.

You can't disable motion controls for puzzles.  I hear there are several of them and they're all throw your controller awful.

Bebpo

« Reply #486 on: March 08, 2017, 08:58:09 PM »
In your + menu scroll all the way to the right to options and you can disable motion controls there.

For puzzles?  So it uses the analog to tilt instead?  I thought you can only turn off motion controls for aiming in that menu.  I have that off fwiw and I still had to use motion controls on the tilting puzzle.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #487 on: March 08, 2017, 09:10:31 PM »
I have the Master Race Wii U Edition and I'm playing with the Pro Controller, so I have no idea what you plebs are forced to deal with. :trumps

Edit: Apparently they force you to the use the Gamepad for those shrines? lmao, Nintendo.  :doge
©@©™

bluemax

« Reply #488 on: March 08, 2017, 11:37:39 PM »

You can use motion controls to totally flip that puzzle over.  It's completely flat with no walls upside down.  The ball will drop again and you can just dump it in the thingy.  This game rewards thinking outside the (motion-controlled) box.

Not for the shitty pachinko puzzle :(
NO

Lucretius

« Reply #489 on: March 09, 2017, 12:10:37 AM »

Not for the shitty pachinko puzzle :(

is that different from the one with the ball in the maze that you have to tilt?
lip

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #490 on: March 09, 2017, 02:27:24 AM »
Replaying this in CEMU at 1080 with mods and a stable framerate.  :rejoice
So they've got it working now huh?
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #491 on: March 09, 2017, 09:28:22 AM »
Replaying this in CEMU at 1080 with mods and a stable framerate.  :rejoice
So they've got it working now huh?

No, they said it will be months before it's fully-playable.  I wonder what will happen in those shrines where you need gyro controls, too.  Will it work if you pair up a pro controller with a PC?
ど助平

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #492 on: March 09, 2017, 09:41:35 AM »
One of the puzzles that use the tilt controls required you to move some platforms around to make bridged and stuff to get across the area. For one of them I had to tilt it in such a way the controller was completely flipped around and I couldn't get to the B button to lock it in so I had my girlfriend come over and press it. It was absurd.

I just finally got to Zora's Domain. First dungeon!
nat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #493 on: March 09, 2017, 09:51:46 AM »
Haven't come across that yet, but I did find a shrine that was essentially a 'marble puzzle' where you have to tilt and rotate a maze to get the giant metal ball to the exit.  What I didn't realize is that there was a treasure chest inside the maze, but from the perspective you see when controlling it, I thought it was the 'goal' where you have to get the ball.  Nothing happened when I got it there and I couldn't figure out what was going on.   :lol 

Then I noticed that you have to get the ball out of the maze and onto another platform, where it rolls into a hole and completes the shrine.  Rather than try all that tilting shit again, instead you can just flip the whole puzzle upside down, and when the ball regenerates, just use the flat surface of the bottom area to flip the ball onto the other platform pretty easily.
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #494 on: March 09, 2017, 10:00:23 AM »
Lol at these inferior gamers having to flip the maze over.

Solving it legit master race reporting in
fat

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #495 on: March 09, 2017, 11:04:27 AM »
Haven't come across that yet, but I did find a shrine that was essentially a 'marble puzzle' where you have to tilt and rotate a maze to get the giant metal ball to the exit.  What I didn't realize is that there was a treasure chest inside the maze, but from the perspective you see when controlling it, I thought it was the 'goal' where you have to get the ball.  Nothing happened when I got it there and I couldn't figure out what was going on.   :lol 

Then I noticed that you have to get the ball out of the maze and onto another platform, where it rolls into a hole and completes the shrine.  Rather than try all that tilting shit again, instead you can just flip the whole puzzle upside down, and when the ball regenerates, just use the flat surface of the bottom area to flip the ball onto the other platform pretty easily.

Funny, the way I solved that puzzle was getting it in such a way that the ball was able to pick up speed by rolling for a bit to the left, then I quickly rotated my controller to the right and then back to the left to essentially launch the ball into the little slot thing.  First I've heard that you can just flip the maze over lol
püp

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #496 on: March 09, 2017, 11:07:09 AM »
I've heard a few people flipped the whole thing over which is pretty awesome. I didn't think about doing that.

But when the ball fell out and respawned, I did cheap it a little bit. Basically I did a think where I forced the ball to jump over the wall right to the final stretch where you have to fling it to the exit. It felt really good that it worked.

There's one shrine that I couldnt figure out:

There are three of the ancient core's in a pool of water and a "basket" in a corner. I don't think I figured out the correct way to do it but for the first one I placed a square bomb down, then placed the ball on top of it closer to one side. Then I Stasis'd the ball and then blew the bomb up which sent the ball flying up and down into the basket. Actually now that I think about it I probably didn't need to Stasis the ball...

Then the next room has the same setup except the basket has a top on it and there appears to be a trigger underwater that has to be pressed but I couldn't figure out how to press it underwater.
nat

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #497 on: March 09, 2017, 11:26:25 AM »
You can use magnesis on something that in essence turns it into a ladle to pick up the ball from the water and place it in the "basket" as you call it.  Bring it to the next room and place it on the switch under water to remove the top from the basket.
püp

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #498 on: March 09, 2017, 11:29:09 AM »
Oh.. I saw that under the water but it didn't seem I could grab it with the magnet.
nat

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #499 on: March 09, 2017, 11:29:34 AM »
 :D

this game is so rewarding
püp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #500 on: March 09, 2017, 11:30:17 AM »
I've heard a few people flipped the whole thing over which is pretty awesome. I didn't think about doing that.

But when the ball fell out and respawned, I did cheap it a little bit. Basically I did a think where I forced the ball to jump over the wall right to the final stretch where you have to fling it to the exit. It felt really good that it worked.

There's one shrine that I couldnt figure out:

There are three of the ancient core's in a pool of water and a "basket" in a corner. I don't think I figured out the correct way to do it but for the first one I placed a square bomb down, then placed the ball on top of it closer to one side. Then I Stasis'd the ball and then blew the bomb up which sent the ball flying up and down into the basket. Actually now that I think about it I probably didn't need to Stasis the ball...

Then the next room has the same setup except the basket has a top on it and there appears to be a trigger underwater that has to be pressed but I couldn't figure out how to press it underwater.

I did that one.  You can use your magnet ability to push the basket down onto the switch...
ど助平

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #501 on: March 09, 2017, 11:58:37 AM »
I sat there for like 30 minutes trying to figure it out and must have just not been close enough to the object for it to trigger. I looked right at it and thought it was odd but didn't bother investigating at all :derp

I felt like such a brilliant motherfucker when I figured out how to shoot the ball into the basket using the bomb + stasis
nat

Lucretius

« Reply #502 on: March 09, 2017, 12:57:35 PM »
I just dig that for many of these puzzles there are multiple ways to solve them.
lip

archie4208

« Reply #503 on: March 09, 2017, 03:43:06 PM »

« Reply #504 on: March 09, 2017, 08:00:12 PM »
:o

ǚ

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #505 on: March 09, 2017, 08:33:37 PM »
That dunkey video actually does a great job on how "open" this game really is.
fat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #506 on: March 09, 2017, 11:23:35 PM »
Played a few hours today and I'm completely hooked. Everything's just so good, I think I spent at least an hour climbing mountains and gliding around.
dog

bluemax

« Reply #507 on: March 10, 2017, 11:48:10 PM »
That dunkey video actually does a great job on how "open" this game really is.

Yeah I saw a bunch of things that I hadn't even considered doing that looked so fun.
NO

Bebpo

« Reply #508 on: March 11, 2017, 01:03:20 AM »
Ok, I'm in Zora's Domain but holy shit how do you beat the Lyonel?  This is the first "boss" fight for me as I've never anything stronger than a 240HP moblin.  This guy kills me in 1 hit either slash, stomp or arrow and I do miniscule damage to his 2000HP lifebar.  I get you can avoid the fight altogether by gathering arrows, but is it basically near impossible to actually beat him in a fight right now with 13 armor and 20-24 damage weapons and 5 hearts?

Bebpo

« Reply #509 on: March 11, 2017, 02:34:08 AM »
Ok, so durability is annoying on boss fights.  On the Zora dungeon boss both my bows broke on the 2nd half and I couldn't see any other way to hit the boss other than arrows.  Where is the fastest place to get a bunch of sturdy bows?

Ok, I'm in Zora's Domain but holy shit how do you beat the Lyonel?  This is the first "boss" fight for me as I've never anything stronger than a 240HP moblin.  This guy kills me in 1 hit either slash, stomp or arrow and I do miniscule damage to his 2000HP lifebar.  I get you can avoid the fight altogether by gathering arrows, but is it basically near impossible to actually beat him in a fight right now with 13 armor and 20-24 damage weapons and 5 hearts?
Eat a meal with tons of radishes and follow it up with def. meals/elixirs. You can get 15-20 extra hearts pretty easily by then.

Yeah once I beat this Zora dungeon boss I'm gonna just spoil faq it for recipes because I don't know how to cook anything other than stealth up, stamina up, cold resistance or electric resistance potions at this point.  No idea how to make an ATK up or DEF up or extra hearts elixer/food.

And yeah my headpiece is 3 armor climbing speed up.  Body is champions tunic lvl.2 at 8 armor and trousers are hylian trousers lvl.2 at 5 armor so actually 16 armor total.  But was getting 1 shotted by the Lynel.  Ended up skipping the fight and just collecting arrows figuring I'd come back later when I'm stronger.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #510 on: March 11, 2017, 03:58:36 AM »
Got the Master Sword, it's only a 30 ATK weapon LUL

Beat 2 divine beasts. Uncovered the entire map of Hyrule. Completed about 50 shrines.

Gonna focus on finding the memories and the divine beasts. I could probably beat the game tomorrow, since I plan on playing it all day.

I didnt fight the Lynel as well. There's no point in really fighting these optional fights. I just run from everything.

The Zora boss fight was pretty distinguished mentally-challenged. The Gerudo boss fight was pretty cool.

Doing Rito right now, then finish with Goron.
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #511 on: March 11, 2017, 04:36:09 AM »
It rains way too much considering how the gameplay is effected.  I've had two spots tonight where I had to just sit and let time pass because of the rain.  Once I couldn't climb a tower because it was raining and then I was doing the "bring the blue flame back" to the research facility with robbie and it started raining and put the flame out.  Feels like it rains 50% of the time in this game which is kinda annoying.

Anyhow, the Zora boss fight was good.  Can't believe I only needed a few arrow shots for the second half and my fucking bows both broke.  Spent 30 mins just running around the area killing lizard camps to get some more bows and spent like 400 rupees on arrows to prep for the fight.

Got the full Zora armor set, how can you tell what's the set bonus?  Also why are shrines this far in giving me chest weapons that are like 10 damage spears?  Is there something I don't know about these weapons?

Bebpo

« Reply #512 on: March 11, 2017, 05:03:14 AM »
Ok, that totally was not worth the effort to travel out to robbie's research and bring the flame back.  All so I can buy cool weapons/gear that I don't have the drops for (because I'm here too early) and don't have the gil for so eh, guess I'll go somewhere else and come back later.

Bebpo

« Reply #513 on: March 11, 2017, 05:23:02 AM »
Was reading up on recipes and lack-of-crafting (not sure why I'm saving all these pieces of iron/amber etc..., should probably sell them) and

Got the Master Sword, it's only a 30 ATK weapon LUL

But it doesn't break, which sounds pretty nice.  Like you pull out the stronger weapons for big enemies but then just use that for everything else sounds like a good plan.  I think the weapon durability in Zelda is kinda whack.  I've got nothing against weapon durability, but I've never seen it done like this where a weapon doesn't even last through two normal enemies sometimes (heck sometimes it'll go from brand new to breaking for a single enemy).  Like I think if the durability was about 5-10x as long for things it'd be totally fine, but this system of using 1 weapon per enemy or two and then replacing it with whatever they drop is kinda weirdo nuts.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #514 on: March 11, 2017, 12:39:59 PM »
You can use magnesis on something that in essence turns it into a ladle to pick up the ball from the water and place it in the "basket" as you call it.  Bring it to the next room and place it on the switch under water to remove the top from the basket.
don't forget to go back to the first room after beating the second room to get a sword from the chest there too!

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #515 on: March 11, 2017, 01:38:57 PM »

Yeah once I beat this Zora dungeon boss I'm gonna just spoil faq it for recipes because I don't know how to cook anything other than stealth up, stamina up, cold resistance or electric resistance potions at this point.  No idea how to make an ATK up or DEF up or extra hearts elixer/food.

I'm not sure how you're having so much trouble honestly. The ingredients spell out what they do very plainly in their description. You just have to be collecting a lot of stuff so you have plenty for cooking. If you went to the lower right of the map towards the rain foresty area there are Durians which increase your temp heart count.
nat

Bebpo

« Reply #516 on: March 11, 2017, 02:22:32 PM »
Well, 2 item cooking is fine.  Something will say "cook with monster parts to increase stamina" and I'll cook it with a monster part (is there a difference between the parts?) and get a short 1-2 min buff 1-2 heart thing.  But if I want to add a 3rd item and make bigger recipes I have no idea what to add and half the time I just throw something in I get junk food.  Also I haven't found anything that says "cook with x to get ATK up" or "DEF up" yet and I've been grabbing all the stuff I see.  But after reading the faq I know what I need now.  I do have a bunch of hearty radishes and stuff so I can cook the extra heart potions no problem.

Also, how do you catch a fairy?  When I run to the great fairy near kakariko that's surrounded by little fairies I can never catch a fairy as they fly off too quick.  Only been able to once so far.  Do you ever get a net?

But yeah the entire Zora arc was rad.  The trek up to the Domain was really good adventure, and the pre-dungeon fight was excellent, dungeon was great, dungeon boss was great.  Really satisfied by that section. 

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #517 on: March 11, 2017, 02:42:52 PM »
Sneak up on the fairies.

Dude you're awful at this game  :lol
püp

Bebpo

« Reply #518 on: March 11, 2017, 02:54:00 PM »
I didn't think stealth worked on them?  They seem to have higher awareness than other creatures.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #519 on: March 11, 2017, 02:59:35 PM »
it does but to a lesser extent. usually i'll sneak til i'm semi-close then sprint and grab one

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #520 on: March 11, 2017, 03:44:10 PM »
All I do usually

Meat + Health Increase (Hylian Herb? Durian) + Unique item (Defense Up/Attack Up)

Also there are recipies posted at each of the horse stables on the wall.
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #521 on: March 11, 2017, 06:28:17 PM »
Just did some weird Dark Souls-y side quest on Eventide Island. They take away everything from you and you have to use whatever is available to put 3 orbs into some pedestals. Pretty neat idea.
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #522 on: March 11, 2017, 07:49:34 PM »
Ok, got the hang of cooking.  It's a lot simpler than I thought it was.  Basically, 2 items, 1 for the effect, 1 for the hearts w/no effect (or else they cancel each other) and then put as many as you can in to lengthen the effects.

So what I got was:

Shrooms go with plain fish like hyrule bass
Herbs/Carrots go with raw meat
Bugs go with monster parts for elixers

Made a ton every type of stat buff, which is good.  Now staying alive is easy with all these hearts.  The hard part is just doing enough damage.

Just did some weird Dark Souls-y side quest on Eventide Island. They take away everything from you and you have to use whatever is available to put 3 orbs into some pedestals. Pretty neat idea.

Yeah, I just came from this.  It was challenging but was doing fine and got 1 of the orbs in place and then the HINOX.  Uh, I have no idea how you are supposed to kill this boss with the 2-6 damage weapons on the island.  Dude has a ton of HP.  Will faq it and come back at some point I guess.  Also sucks you can't save at all, but I get that it's the HARDCORE SURVIVAL CHALLENGE area.

The shrine just before it "A Mighty Challenge" was too rough for me as well.  Defense-wise I'm fine at surviving, but I was barely chipping down that 3000 HP even with 22-24 damage weapons.  Would have broken all my weapons trying to beat it so left and will come back later.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #523 on: March 11, 2017, 08:18:35 PM »
I just threw bombs at it. I also used the Gerudo ability, which takes almost half its damage off.
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #524 on: March 11, 2017, 08:24:44 PM »
Hmmm, I don't use bombs to attack much because it feels like they do puny damage.  I'll try that.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #525 on: March 11, 2017, 08:29:07 PM »
Sounds like you have zero patience. If it does damage, that means it can kill
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #526 on: March 12, 2017, 03:58:05 AM »
Following demi's footsteps unlocked the entire map today, started on the master sword stuff, started on Gerudo main quest.  Got to Rito village.  Only major place I haven't been is Death Mountain/Goron-ville because I tend to set on fire in that area and I only have 1 fire-proof lizard which I turned into a 1 fire-proof elixer.  Am I supposed to just load up on that stuff before going to death mountain, or are there clothes that don't burst into flames doing damage to you even if all your equip is fire-proof so nothing's breaking.

Lotta cool places in the world.  I like how the desert gets cold at night, though the sandstorms killing your map means you can't fast travel which kinda sucks.  The

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dragons are crazy.  I tried riding the electric one and took damage so that didn't work.
[close]

I stumbled upon East Gerudo Ruins before getting to the main area and found all the balls and put them in the circles but nothing happened.  Guessing I need to be part of some active quest to solve the puzzle?  Also found the flight school area in the upper left and there was no one there and no active quest but I had fun shooting down all the targets regardless.  Curious to the point of the giant labyrinth mazes in the world.  Guessing there's good loot but seems kind of a pain in the butt to get through because they're so big.

I am a MASTER CHEF at this point.  Have nothing but x3 8:00-10:00 min duration multiple meals for every stat buff and +14 heart ones.  Otoh, some of the ingredients I'm not really sure what the point of them are.  Like ones that don't add time/hearts or buffs?  Things like grain, or butter, or salt, or acorns, etc... I just throw them in if I don't have enough to do 5 of the other two ingredients.

Also been selling all my rock materials since I never seem to use them for anything and they're worth good money.  Got like 5,000 rupees and then bought most of the armor sets so down to like 2,000 now but still pretty good. 

Another thing is my horse died off-screen/vanished or something.  Went to grab my horse and it said I didn't have any wtf.  Got another one.  I also got a

spoiler (click to show/hide)
SKELETON HORSE.  Which was fucking awesome.  But when I took it to a horse stable they wouldn't let me register it which sucks :|
[close]

Weapon-wise I'm doing ok.  Mostly ~26 damage swords/~28 damage clubs right now and I've got a single 45 damage guardian weapon from the modest challenge shrine that I'm saving for when I need it.   A 30 damage master sword still sounds really good to me since that's better than my other weapons right now and doesn't break.  Have about 25 shrines done, at this point putting all shrine upgrades into stamina since I can just buff hearts easily with hearty radish+hearty truffle+raw prime meat combos.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 05:49:33 AM by Bebpo »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #527 on: March 12, 2017, 04:58:35 AM »
You can find Fireproof Lizards scurrying around, the area, and use them to make your way to the city. At the city you can buy armor that prevents you catching on fire.
fat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #528 on: March 12, 2017, 09:15:50 AM »
Eventide Island took a few tries for me. I got stuck on Hinox because all my weapons broke and I was trying to kite him around but then he decided to go back to sleep and then regen'd all his health  >:(

I got it on the second try tho. I just had to take out all the different goblin camps first which game me a bunch of weapons. Then I scavenged for supplies and cooked some attack up meals and then went in and killed it easy.

Apparently you can just steal the orb from his neck? I guess you'd Stasis it while he sleeps and fire an arrow or two at it real quick.
nat

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #529 on: March 12, 2017, 03:56:30 PM »
Dem rock breaker weapons in Death Mountain tho
püp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #530 on: March 12, 2017, 03:58:11 PM »
I found all the memories, did all the divine beasts. Going to beat the game today.
fat

SantaC

« Reply #531 on: March 12, 2017, 04:01:04 PM »
Jim Sterling 7/10 review
Slant Magazine 6/10 review

bye bye metacritic!

Game really is overrated. There is barely any good music, just low-key ambient crap.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #532 on: March 12, 2017, 04:05:33 PM »
Stay mad virgin. Pointing out a grand total of two reviews. Lul
fat

SantaC

« Reply #533 on: March 12, 2017, 04:17:47 PM »

More reviews will come. It will probably land around 94/95 when all said is done. Skyward sword quality lol.

The game is alright, but certainly not the best zelda ever. Framerate is downright painful (i am in kakariko village)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #534 on: March 12, 2017, 06:18:48 PM »
Beat the game. Final boss was pretty disappointing. Meh
fat

SantaC

« Reply #535 on: March 12, 2017, 06:22:22 PM »

how many hours did it take you? Did you do a lot of sidequests?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #536 on: March 12, 2017, 06:37:41 PM »
I did whatever I came across, but according to the game I barely did half.

When you finish the game, you get a "clear" star and when you load it, it shows you how many quests are in the game total. So I had like 24/72 or something.

It also gives you a percentage overall based on how many shrines, seeds, etc you found
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #537 on: March 12, 2017, 07:35:16 PM »

More reviews will come. It will probably land around 94/95 when all said is done. Skyward sword quality lol.

The game is alright, but certainly not the best zelda ever. Framerate is downright painful (i am in kakariko village)

::)

SS was terrible.  5/10 game at best.  While BoTW isn't perfect, it's really damn good and about the furthest thing from the low in the series that is SS as is possible.

*edit* actually, after we've established the commonly known fact that yes Zelda gets overrated score-wise in reviews, what Zelda game do you think is better than BoTW?  It's been like 20 years since I played LttP/OoT but right now I'm feeling like BotW is better.  I can't think of a better Zelda game I've played.

how many hours did it take you? Did you do a lot of sidequests?

Does the game have a game clock somewhere?  I have no idea what my playtime is currently but I figure it's around 20-30 hours now.

archie4208

« Reply #538 on: March 12, 2017, 07:37:11 PM »
If you're on Wii U, you can check the play log.

I think Switch has something similar, but I'm not sure where you would find it.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #539 on: March 12, 2017, 07:52:41 PM »
play log just checks how long the game was running. so minus idle time i would be around low 50 hour
fat