Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 948056 times)

Tasty

Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #5640 on: August 26, 2019, 10:32:22 PM »
On track for a Legends Collection in 2021. :lol

It'd never happen but it'd be fricking amazing if they included the finished demo of 3 they never released.

Himu

« Reply #5641 on: August 26, 2019, 10:54:23 PM »
It’ll be the first time it’s available on PlayStation system so makes sense. They’re also advertising it like that because previous “handheld games are inferior” people can now play a gba game on their 4Ktv but not before jacking off on the remote first.

Aria of Sorrow next please :lawd
IYKYK

Chooky

« Reply #5642 on: August 26, 2019, 10:56:52 PM »
ffffffuuuuck

good on capcom for keeping these games available. capcom has done such a great job of making sure so many of their old games are always up for purchase and i love that.

On track for a Legends Collection in 2021. :lol

It'd never happen but it'd be fricking amazing if they included the finished demo of 3 they never released.

dont get my hopes up :(

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5643 on: August 26, 2019, 11:08:21 PM »
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #5644 on: August 26, 2019, 11:10:23 PM »
Tron Bonne deserves it. Shit is dope and expensive af for those who want to buy in
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5645 on: August 26, 2019, 11:20:24 PM »
I’m so excited for Astral Chain :lawd
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5646 on: August 26, 2019, 11:39:28 PM »
Can I uh...turn that mid-save point feature off in MMZ/ZX collection?

Also I'm excited. Not only is Zero 2 probably my favorite Mega Man game, but I have never played ZXA. ZX was so full of flaws even if I liked some of it.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #5647 on: August 27, 2019, 12:07:15 AM »
I'm glad they realized no one would buy a ZX Collection on its own. :lol

Himu

« Reply #5648 on: August 27, 2019, 12:14:57 AM »
:lol so true

Nintendo. Famicom Wars collection. :smug Do it.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #5649 on: August 27, 2019, 12:15:54 AM »

Himu

« Reply #5650 on: August 27, 2019, 12:17:15 AM »
Disgust at smooth buttery bullshit :jeanluc
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #5651 on: August 27, 2019, 12:19:18 AM »

:gladbron

Capcom does what GungHOES don't :rejoice

Himu

« Reply #5652 on: August 27, 2019, 12:19:53 AM »
Yup it looks so crisp
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #5653 on: August 27, 2019, 12:24:24 AM »
Funny enough this has pushed me over the edge and I'm probably picking up all four existing Legacy Collections + Mega Man 10. Something about having them all on one system digitally and ready to go at any time really tickles my fancy.

Tasty

« Reply #5654 on: August 27, 2019, 12:27:43 AM »
I also never played any of the Zero games, despite Zero being my favorite part of X (to the extent of buying Tatsunoko vs. Capcom cause he was added to the international version.) And I dug where they went with the story, and his sleek design (I still prefer the original tho.)

I'm so fucking happy Capcom is finally treating the blue bomber (series) right after so many years of neglect. :rejoice

Nintendo take note for Metroid and F-Zero. :hitler

Himu

« Reply #5655 on: August 27, 2019, 12:32:28 AM »
Enjoy. Zero series is better than X series imo. They’ve neglected Zero series a lot over the years compared to the classic series.

Zero has a lot of story, so warning you. Personally I always skip that shit.

The platforming and action are godlike, especially Zero 2, if the footage didn’t clue you in. Best boss design in the mega man franchise easily. And the level design is incredible.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5656 on: August 27, 2019, 12:36:09 AM »
Switch turning out to be the 2d gaming system of the generation. :lawd  Tiesto bought me the physical version of the Mana Collection as a gift for being a longtime Jrpg Head and online pal.

:bow TIESTO :bow2
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #5657 on: August 27, 2019, 01:56:24 AM »
Bork:

Remember when reviewers shat on Yakuza games because "I thought this going to be Japanese GTA and it wasn't! Wahhhhhhhhhhh" and now they jack off all over the games now?

:rofl

I remember a Dutch magazine giving FF6 a 6/10 or something cause lame japanese rpg
 :lol

Edit: could have been 5?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 02:04:16 AM by Premium Lager »

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #5658 on: August 27, 2019, 05:53:17 AM »
Game journalism is utterly useless and has been made completely redundant thanks to YouTube.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5659 on: August 27, 2019, 09:45:43 AM »
I also never played any of the Zero games, despite Zero being my favorite part of X (to the extent of buying Tatsunoko vs. Capcom cause he was added to the international version.) And I dug where they went with the story, and his sleek design (I still prefer the original tho.)

I'm so fucking happy Capcom is finally treating the blue bomber (series) right after so many years of neglect. :rejoice

Nintendo take note for Metroid and F-Zero. :hitler

I wonder if they're doing this because of the new Gunvolt game.  :doge
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #5660 on: August 27, 2019, 10:11:36 AM »
Game journalism is utterly useless and has been made completely redundant thanks to YouTube.

Doesn't help that suddenly everyone on youtube thinks they're a journalist/reviewer
fat

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #5661 on: August 27, 2019, 02:18:18 PM »
My biggest problem with game writers is misinformation. Like in the Fire Emblem thread we're reading and posting previews/impressions of the game.

And then I post a US Gamer preview which says:

If you loved the intricate maps and hardcore tactics of Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, you won't really find them in Three Houses, at least not where I am in the story. This is a tactics game that's as much about grinding as it is about strategy.

In Three Houses, there is no Weapon Triangle.

Personally, I'd rather Three Houses focus on top-quality map design than building overpowered characters who can brute force their way through maps.

But this just might be where Fire Emblem is now. Three Houses makes no bones about putting character customization first.

When the actual battles come, you can pretty easily travel in one big ball of death and grind your way to the boss.

But then the Kotaku preview says:

It is within abilities that you’ll find the familiar Fire Emblem concept of the weapons triangle, which is a rock/paper/scissors-esque delineation of which weapons are strong or weak against others. As characters gain mastery at certain types of weapons, they’ll sometimes earn abilities that make them stronger against particular weapons. If your axe-wielding character has learned the ability Lancebreaker, it’s probably a good idea to equip that before any battle where you know there will be a lot of enemy lance users.

Like this person got paid to spout complete misinformation. And you're using these preview precisely for their information.

It makes navigating game writing a thick, milky soup of what the fuck especially if you're talking about games with mechanical depth.

This goes beyond reviews, unfortunately.

And never forget, it was game journos who demanded an easy mode for Sekiro because "this is ableist to make a game people with disabilities can't play" because they struggled to beat the game.

something that still pisses me off to this day is how Jim Sterling poisoned the well with his "100% objective review" all the way back in 2010 now (jesus)

he wrote it as useless tongue in cheek garbage but in all honesty the objective information is the only reason TO read reviews

like nintex said

For example, when I read that Yoshi's Crafted World had a very low docked resolution and was easy as hell it quickly went to the 'bargain someday' list.

guess what this is independent of quality level/review score, it's just an objective fact which is good to know for whether you'd find the game acceptable or not

other aspects like this include number of party members in an RPG, whether XP is shared, encounter rate, skill system, complexity of inputs in a fighting game, number of puzzles in a puzzle game, complexity of weapon loadouts in shooters or action games, resultion, frame rate, load times, all kinds of things that shouldn't get tied back to some numerical score but can help you decide if you'd like the game or not

the 100% objective review would be actually useful information for the majority of people but that was deemed unacceptable by mr. prima donna game reviewer so we get subjective bullshit and also outright fabrications
Uncle

Tasty

« Reply #5662 on: August 27, 2019, 02:21:34 PM »
The more subjective leeway a reviewer is allowed to have, the lazier they're allowed to be. So I can see why they try to avoid specifics and facts.

"It really makes you feel like Batman."

Himu

« Reply #5663 on: August 27, 2019, 02:26:52 PM »

It really DOES make you feel like Batman.
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5664 on: August 27, 2019, 02:28:28 PM »

Himu

« Reply #5665 on: August 27, 2019, 05:05:35 PM »

Doesn't help that suddenly everyone on youtube thinks they're a journalist/reviewer

To be fair, today's youtubers ARE better reviewers than what's on most game sites.

IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #5666 on: August 27, 2019, 05:58:46 PM »
Can't really say I agree, most of them usually do these weird takes for reactions and clicks
fat

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5667 on: August 27, 2019, 07:54:08 PM »
ya these days i know before release if i'm gonna get a game for the most part anyway. i'll pay attention to reviews/reactions just to confirm how great my tastes are. :ego

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5668 on: August 27, 2019, 07:57:57 PM »
editor's note: that didn't serve me too well with anthem but hey i got it at a good discount :doge

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #5669 on: August 27, 2019, 08:33:03 PM »
there's only one voice in gaming reviews I trust

Uncle

Himu

« Reply #5670 on: August 27, 2019, 10:00:39 PM »
I completely sidestep all this review drama. I could pretty much care less about the fuckery behind review sites or the reactionary tendencies of others.

Nowadays gameplay is readily available, and you can point to specific sources who can comment on things that matter to you.

Before a game comes out I can already have a sense of how deep the gameplay is, if the story is great, or whatever.

I mostly check gameplay. But sometimes, gameplay of initial footage doesn't do the game justice. The Dunkey video really flipped my skepticism of Mario Odyssey on its head when I saw it. The pre-release footage looked very blah, and his review really changed my mind on it. Also, Jim Sterling's review got me to try out Bloodborne, on a lark, and it was my favorite game this decade despite not being big on Dark Souls. Sometimes, just viewing gameplay isn't enough on whether or not you might like something. But for the most part, I am in agreement.

Yeah YouTube reviews aren’t great either. Just a bunch nerds with more obvious biases but these ones try to be funny.

I think it depends on the channel, honestly. I think for the most part they're more informative despite having those biases.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5671 on: August 28, 2019, 07:18:21 AM »
The Switch version of Samurai Shodown will launch on December 12 in Japan for 6,345 yen, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals. It will run at 60 frames per second and support single Joy-Con per player multiplayer.

Early purchases will include a Switch version of Samurai Shodown! 2, which was originally released for Neo Geo Pocket Color in April 1999.

Samurai Shodown first launched for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on June 25 in the Americas and Europe, and June 27 in Japan.
:rejoice
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5672 on: August 28, 2019, 07:55:44 AM »
Nintendo revealed earlier today that Astral Chain, which releases this week, will have a retro 16-bit minigame, that in-universe is developed by the Ark Police Force to market their mascot.

According to director Takahisa Taura, “There are a variety of missions in #ASTRALCHAIN, including a hidden 16-bit-style minigame. I like it a lot since you can feel some nice nostalgia while you recover mentally from the all the fighting. I hope you’ll try to find it.”
ど助平

Occam

« Reply #5673 on: August 28, 2019, 07:58:10 AM »
The Switch version of Samurai Shodown will launch on December 12 in Japan for 6,345 yen, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals. It will run at 60 frames per second and support single Joy-Con per player multiplayer.

Early purchases will include a Switch version of Samurai Shodown! 2, which was originally released for Neo Geo Pocket Color in April 1999.

Samurai Shodown first launched for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on June 25 in the Americas and Europe, and June 27 in Japan.

Get excited about emulated ROMs! Rebuy them every generation!

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5674 on: August 28, 2019, 08:54:21 AM »
That's talking about that new Samurai Shodown that just came out earlier this year.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5675 on: August 28, 2019, 09:06:25 AM »

Get excited about emulated ROMs! Rebuy them every generation!

:era  :snoop :picard

That's talking about that new Samurai Shodown that just came out earlier this year.

:ohyeah
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5676 on: August 28, 2019, 09:07:25 AM »

:dsp

Have the Japanese version of this pre-loading now- should unlock tomorrow at 11 AM EST.  :hyper

So many J-eShop titles having English and using the same DLC as the American versions
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 09:23:20 AM by bork »
ど助平

Occam

« Reply #5677 on: August 28, 2019, 09:27:46 AM »

The shame. Please forgive my ignorance.

But why the fuck didn't they use a different name?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #5678 on: August 28, 2019, 09:31:20 AM »
Astral Chain might be the first game I play on TV because fuck trying to play a platinum game using the switch's terrible handheld control scheme
fat

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #5679 on: August 28, 2019, 10:04:46 AM »

Last one was 10 years ago and reboots are a thing?

Also hype switch rev gets NGP rev of 2 included. Never played but always heard ok things. Assuming it has all DLC included and hopefully won't look like trash.

Occam

« Reply #5680 on: August 28, 2019, 10:06:18 AM »
Astral Chain might be the first game I play on TV because fuck trying to play a platinum game using the switch's terrible handheld control scheme

Switch is super unergonomic, I now play mine with a PS4 controller most of the time.
Eagerly awaiting Hori Split Pad Pro.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5681 on: August 28, 2019, 11:42:16 AM »

Because the last game called "Samurai Shodown" was released in 1993 and 99.99% of people aren't going to get them confused?
:idont

It is, for all intents and purposes, a "reboot."  :)
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #5682 on: August 28, 2019, 01:13:16 PM »

i'm looking forward more to mario odyssey than botw when i get my switch at this point. come on black fridayyyyyyy

Is the balloon update for free?
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #5683 on: August 28, 2019, 01:30:02 PM »
Yes, every update is free - it's the DLC you pay for if a game has it
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5684 on: August 29, 2019, 07:35:32 AM »

Looks great!  Nice to see a non-shitty port from them on Switch after SNK Heroines.
ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #5685 on: August 29, 2019, 11:29:56 AM »
Astral Chain got delivered around dinner time. Time to finish this leftover burrito filling and give the game a spin.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5686 on: August 29, 2019, 12:00:13 PM »
Just started Astral Chain- story-wise, it appears to be like a dark, fucked-up version of Pokemon in some ways.  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5687 on: August 29, 2019, 12:14:38 PM »
The graphics
 :anhuld :gladbron :delicious :neo

Super impressive, holy shit.  Giving me "this is on the Switch!?" vibes.  :o
ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #5688 on: August 29, 2019, 01:02:39 PM »
The chain mechanics seems pretty cool. Using enemy rush attacks against the enemy by using the chain like a rubber band.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5689 on: August 29, 2019, 01:26:26 PM »

:betty
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5690 on: August 29, 2019, 02:50:46 PM »

https://twitter.com/lyteedge/status/1167141190556246016

Too bad posting directly from the Switch compresses everything so much.  :lol
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5691 on: August 29, 2019, 02:58:09 PM »
capcom seems like they are announcing a bunch of Switch ports soon and rebranding the existing ones...in the dumbest most capcom way possible
http://www.capcom.co.jp/switch-lineup/

mfw playing old games on switch :lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5692 on: August 29, 2019, 03:02:50 PM »

Himu

« Reply #5693 on: August 29, 2019, 03:07:03 PM »
What.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5694 on: August 29, 2019, 03:07:31 PM »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5695 on: August 29, 2019, 03:12:29 PM »
What.

1. Do you want a game a matoor game with titties and gore and guns and shit?
2. Do you want to play some old-ass game that you already played a long time ago?
3. Do you want to play a game that you meant to play a long time ago, but you were too busy adulting?

Capcom's got all that shit on the Switch.
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5696 on: August 29, 2019, 03:13:47 PM »
What.

2. Do you want to play some old-ass game that you already played a long time ago?
3. Do you want to play a game that you meant to play a long time ago, but you were too busy adulting?

Capcom's got all that shit on everything!  PORTCOM!
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5697 on: August 29, 2019, 03:14:00 PM »
Yeah all the games listed on the site are PS1-3 ports so I assume its just new branding for "Remember this game? Buy it for Switch".

Swag robe and wine dude thinking about Dante and Resident Evil is just funny as hell

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5698 on: August 29, 2019, 03:15:04 PM »
It looks like it's just an ad campaign, not necessarily a rebranding or anything.  Just them recommending Switch ports and shit.
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5699 on: August 29, 2019, 03:15:21 PM »
What.

Capcom's got all that shit on everything!  PORTCOM!

But the Nintendo Switch doesn't choose a play scene, so you can enjoy these games at your favorite place at your favorite pace. The airport, a bar, a love hotel, anywhere!
©@©™