Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 945869 times)

Tasty

Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #8160 on: May 05, 2020, 07:21:35 PM »
Keep it up Nintex :-*

bluemax

NO

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #8162 on: May 06, 2020, 12:32:35 AM »
Smash Bros. Melee
Wind Waker
Metroid Prime
Super Mario Sunshine
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
F-Zero GX
Rogue Squadron 2
Eternal Darkness
Animal Crossing
Pikmin
Resident Evil 4
Ikaruga
Luigi's Mansion
Tales of Symphonia
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Skies of Arcadia: Legends
Killer 7
Viewtiful Joe

:rejoice

Needs some Baten Kaitos Origins, one of the most underrated RPGs and my second favorite Monolith game behind the original Xenoblade. I normally HATE card game type gameplay but it's done so well here, and the story is super-interesting for people who played the original. Great characterization and tons of twists.

How did you not know anyone in real life who owned a gamecube? were you raised in a cave?

I was in college the year the Cube hit and every single one of my friends rushed to get one opening day (college friends were hardcore Smash people, one of them even posted on the Bore for a while), lots of my friends back home owned Cubes as well, including my bro (I got the PS2 for Xmas 2001 and he got the Cube). Even the almighty PS2 didn't seem as common, and all the people I know who had PS2s also had a Cube (as either a Melee/multi focused console, or something for their younger brothers). The original Xbox was the odd man out, I didn't know anyone who had one until 2002 when a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend had 2 Xboxes networked in their apartment (one giant CRT in the den, and another slightly smaller CRT sitting square in the middle of their kitchen table) and was looking for people to play 4v4 Halo.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 12:41:04 AM by tiesto »
^_^

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #8164 on: May 06, 2020, 08:26:23 AM »

underwhelming tiddies compared to the sequel :hhh
(ice)

Beezy

« Reply #8165 on: May 06, 2020, 01:50:34 PM »
Needs some Baten Kaitos Origins, one of the most underrated RPGs and my second favorite Monolith game behind the original Xenoblade. I normally HATE card game type gameplay but it's done so well here, and the story is super-interesting for people who played the original. Great characterization and tons of twists.

I got pretty far, but don't think I ever actually beat Origins. Can't remember if I chose to stop playing or if my GC laser had died midway. I still own it and BK1 though.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #8166 on: May 06, 2020, 02:04:03 PM »
I've never actually finished BKO as well, I think by that time I was playing other stuff and BKO came out at the tail end of Gamecube

I'm totally down to replay both
fat

Cheddahz

« Reply #8167 on: May 07, 2020, 10:45:44 AM »

Stoked to play this for the first time!

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #8168 on: May 07, 2020, 11:34:42 AM »
You're in for a good time
fat

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8169 on: May 07, 2020, 11:52:52 AM »
Nintendo still lists MP4, Bayo 3, BOTW2 as TBA and mentions due to covid 19 games and services might not release as planned but their slate is empty past June  ???
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #8170 on: May 07, 2020, 12:30:36 PM »
is xenoblade og as wack as the sequel? ie is it gonna take far too long for 3 people to beat up a rabbit like it did in 2 :doge
(ice)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #8171 on: May 07, 2020, 12:39:53 PM »
Nope, Xenoblade 1 takes a liquid shit on Xenoblade 2
fat

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #8172 on: May 07, 2020, 12:58:04 PM »
:leon
(ice)

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #8173 on: May 07, 2020, 01:21:43 PM »
Anyone else playing this season in diablo? I’m 9/10 on champion, just can’t clear the nephalem rift on torment x fast enough yet. I think I’ll be able to once I get that ring that doubles my blood mages (can’t get one to drop!!) but mebbe some could halp?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8174 on: May 07, 2020, 03:45:04 PM »
is xenoblade og as wack as the sequel? ie is it gonna take far too long for 3 people to beat up a rabbit like it did in 2 :doge
Even though I enjoyed 2 this is on a completely different level.
It might be the best JRPG of the Wii/360/PS3 generation.
🤴

Cheddahz

« Reply #8175 on: May 07, 2020, 03:46:48 PM »
I liked Xenoblade 2 up until all of the mobile stuff starting to become more central to the game

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Bebpo

« Reply #8177 on: May 07, 2020, 04:25:56 PM »
Jumped into this thread and saw BKO vid and thought there was a Baten Kaitos remaster and then got sad  :'(

BK, BKO, Phantom Dust and Metal Gear Acid 1/2. Capcom v Snk Cardfighter's Clash are only card games I've really enjoyed.
I do need to try Slay the Spire though. Heard a lot good about that one.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8178 on: May 07, 2020, 04:33:16 PM »
Oh god no.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #8179 on: May 07, 2020, 09:34:46 PM »
we have that. just use an xbox controller with dolphin.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8180 on: May 07, 2020, 10:21:14 PM »
Also I legit never knew anyone irl that had an OG X-Box. Everyone in my age group and my older cousins' had either a PS2 or Gamecube or both, but NO ONE had an X Box around here.

Nearly every one of my friends and acquaintances (late teens/early 20s at the time) had XBox systems- Halo being the primary reason.   The other reason was modding the system.  Not just to get free games, but to mod Halo and to play emulators and stuff.  I used to use mine to stream video from my PC to my TV too.  That was an incredible thing to be able to do back in the early 2000s.
ど助平

bluemax

« Reply #8181 on: May 07, 2020, 11:00:29 PM »

I got pretty far, but don't think I ever actually beat Origins. Can't remember if I chose to stop playing or if my GC laser had died midway. I still own it and BK1 though.

I actually got a free copy of BK:O from someone on Twitter last year. I think I played maybe 4 hours before decided it was too slow. That battle system just isn't for me.
NO

bluemax

« Reply #8182 on: May 07, 2020, 11:05:37 PM »
Does the source code to the Wii somehow mean someone can get all these games on an emulator without waggle bullshit

Also I legit never knew anyone irl that had an OG X-Box. Everyone in my age group and my older cousins' had either a PS2 or Gamecube or both, but NO ONE had an X Box around here.

I can't remember which person I follow on Twitter was tweeting about it, but the answer is that most emulator authors wouldn't touch the stuff from the leak because of even the remotest hint of legal issues.
NO

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #8183 on: May 07, 2020, 11:27:12 PM »
if any emulators out there suddenly go closed source, you know what's up :lol

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #8184 on: May 08, 2020, 12:12:54 AM »

I actually got a free copy of BK:O from someone on Twitter last year. I think I played maybe 4 hours before decided it was too slow. That battle system just isn't for me.

BKO's is super speedy... now the original BK, the combat was a total slog - system was a bit different in the original, you had both an attack phase and a defense phase you had to play cards for, it wasn't just rapid-fire pick cards and chain combos like Origins. I remember some of the boss fights in the original BK taking 40 minutes a pop due to the slowness of the combat system and the fact the bosses all had high HP.
^_^

bluemax

« Reply #8185 on: May 08, 2020, 12:27:45 AM »

BKO's is super speedy... now the original BK, the combat was a total slog - system was a bit different in the original, you had both an attack phase and a defense phase you had to play cards for, it wasn't just rapid-fire pick cards and chain combos like Origins. I remember some of the boss fights in the original BK taking 40 minutes a pop due to the slowness of the combat system and the fact the bosses all had high HP.

Ah yeah, sorry that's the one I have then.
NO

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #8186 on: May 08, 2020, 06:17:29 AM »
Smash Bros. Melee
Wind Waker
Metroid Prime
Super Mario Sunshine
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
F-Zero GX
Rogue Squadron 2
Eternal Darkness
Animal Crossing
Pikmin
Resident Evil 4
Ikaruga
Luigi's Mansion
Tales of Symphonia
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Skies of Arcadia: Legends
Killer 7
Viewtiful Joe

The cost to buy these games today  :money

That Nintendo value :money

Cashing in on copies of Paper Mario and Skies of Arcadia GCN etc, or being sentimental and keeping them until they rot?  :-\

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Keeping it all and buying more used GCN games I missed out on. :rejoice tfw Nintendo made a hardcore console :rejoice
[close]

e: Actually I might use the money I get from selling my WiiU (and ridiculously overpriced junk like Project Zero 5) soon and invest into some GCN games. Poetry  :delicious

It’s why I buy physical copies as much as possible for Switch. These will appreciate in value too. :win
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8187 on: May 08, 2020, 08:05:55 AM »
Came out yesterday.

ど助平

Beezy

« Reply #8188 on: May 08, 2020, 01:27:54 PM »
Looks like this was originally released on 3DS. How did I never hear about it?

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #8189 on: May 09, 2020, 06:22:18 PM »
Came out yesterday.

Played this a couple hours this morning. Not bad, worth the $10.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8190 on: May 09, 2020, 11:12:13 PM »
Looks like this was originally released on 3DS. How did I never hear about it?

Same.  I think it came out after the Switch was released?
ど助平

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #8191 on: May 10, 2020, 12:20:50 AM »
Lol a switch is 546 dollars on amazon. Wow

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8192 on: May 10, 2020, 01:00:37 AM »
 :miyamoto

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #8193 on: May 10, 2020, 02:11:54 AM »
I got one for $255 in a group deal last year around E3.
:ego
Hi

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #8194 on: May 11, 2020, 01:51:21 AM »
Ring Fit is going for stupid prices as well I believe
itm

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #8195 on: May 11, 2020, 08:39:15 AM »
What

Svejk

« Reply #8196 on: May 11, 2020, 04:16:29 PM »
This is insane.   :lol

Once things simmer down though, they need to drop the price reasonably before next gen shit hits, because guess where my money's gonna go instead, Nintendo?  :doge
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 08:28:47 PM by Svejk »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #8197 on: May 11, 2020, 04:45:31 PM »
Finished Pokemon Sword story. The last act with Eternaus was pretty cool, they should have built on that more in the game.

Waiting for Xenoblade now : )
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8198 on: May 12, 2020, 12:11:25 AM »
This is insane.   :lol

Once things simmer down though, they need to drop the price reasonably before next gen shit hits, because guess where my money's gonna go instead, Nintendo?  :doge

You can already get a Lite for $200 and they have no competition when it comes to dedicated handheld game consoles.  So am not expecting this to happen unless they introduce a new model.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Tuckers Law

« Reply #8200 on: May 12, 2020, 08:23:55 AM »
Can’t wait to see the swimsuit models for Fiora and Sharla relitigated on social media   :gentleman

Akala

• Easy Victor

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8202 on: May 14, 2020, 09:18:14 AM »
Nintendo wins again! Next-gen destroyed! :rejoice
dog

paprikastaude

« Reply #8203 on: May 14, 2020, 09:38:12 AM »
Can't tell if this is more Sticker Star/WiiU trash only with a few admissions or an actual RPG with real characters and unique locales. Doesn't feel like one of the good entries at all from the video.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 09:46:12 AM by Spieler1 »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #8204 on: May 14, 2020, 09:42:56 AM »
Damn that looks amazing!
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #8205 on: May 14, 2020, 09:54:42 AM »
Looks ok, battle system seems trash but we'll see I guess.

So is it safe to assume Color Splash stays on WiiU?
fat

paprikastaude

« Reply #8206 on: May 14, 2020, 09:59:24 AM »
I thought Mario Odyssey finally changed things, but from more screenshots it looks like these Mario RPGs still aren't allowed unique characters or settings that strive too much from the generic base templates.  :yuck :nintendo While way overemphasizing the uninteresting "IT'S PAPER, GET IT?!?" aspect.

I guess that means that Metroid is real too? Was always part of that Paper Mario hearsay iirc.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 10:29:58 AM by Spieler1 »

Tuckers Law

« Reply #8207 on: May 14, 2020, 11:30:24 AM »
Looks great, can’t wait.  Haven’t played a Paper Mario I didn’t like yet, so no worries for me.

Beezy

« Reply #8208 on: May 14, 2020, 11:37:12 AM »
Hopefully Nintendo has more games close to being done that they'll announce just 2 months from launch.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #8209 on: May 14, 2020, 11:41:19 AM »
I’m still hoping for more 3D World, preferably a sequel.  I could also go for another Triforce Heroes, it was a blast when online would actually work (which was rare).

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #8210 on: May 14, 2020, 11:42:00 AM »
hopefully more thousand year doors and less stickers, but I’m in

Tuckers Law

« Reply #8211 on: May 14, 2020, 11:45:17 AM »
Or even better, another Super Paper Mario.  :lawd

Tasty

« Reply #8212 on: May 14, 2020, 11:56:20 AM »
Man did they just give up on doing Directs orrrr

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #8213 on: May 14, 2020, 12:13:21 PM »
Didnt they release a statement saying due to rona they wouldnt do one? Japan probably like "it is unbecoming to make a video from home"
fat

paprikastaude

« Reply #8214 on: May 14, 2020, 12:54:11 PM »

Just said in another thread that I hated the endless padding, but by the year I'm more inclined to give it another chance. At least SPM still had its own personality and no Miyamoto in the background demanding to cut everything that doesn't fit the 2D Mario aesthetic. Now we get Sticker Star 3 ( :picard ) and I might be even more forgiving towards a game like SPM with proper characters, story and worlds that don't feel rehashed. And I guess at least it removed the battle system entirely instead of doing turnbased battles that are devoid of meaning.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 01:00:49 PM by Spieler1 »

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #8215 on: May 14, 2020, 01:18:21 PM »
Still excited to see some deeper previews of the game. Pretty wild to show a trailer for the first time and go "it's coming out in a few months." Normally it would be like E3 and then fall release if you were going for the quick release after initial reveal.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #8216 on: May 14, 2020, 01:28:43 PM »

Just said in another thread that I hated the endless padding, but by the year I'm more inclined to give it another chance. At least SPM still had its own personality and no Miyamoto in the background demanding to cut everything that doesn't fit the 2D Mario aesthetic. Now we get Sticker Star 3 ( :picard ) and I might be even more forgiving towards a game like SPM with proper characters, story and worlds that don't feel rehashed. And I guess at least it removed the battle system entirely instead of doing turnbased battles that are devoid of meaning.

You say padding and all I can think of is TTYD’s chapter 3 and several of the pre-chapter fetch quests, among other things.  I don’t think there’s a single Paper Mario game that isn’t padded out to the overall detriment of it.

I’d be fine with a retry at sticker star, being perfectly honest.  I wouldn’t say that the shit it gets is unfair, but I do believe that in the foundation of that games mechanics, there’s a really great Mario rogue-lite style of game waiting to be built.

paprikastaude

« Reply #8217 on: May 14, 2020, 01:42:34 PM »
Wasn't chapter 3 wrestling? That was the best :gurl

tbf I didn't even mind Sticker Star when it comes to exploration. In all Paper Mario games I kind of like just going around. And I don't even care that much what kind of battles you do while exploring, even though the recent battle systems were shit and this new one looks like it too. But the actual worst is throwing world building out the window, regardless of whether it wants to be RPG or action adventure, in both cases that's stupid af. Right now the setting seems as good as it gets within that New Mario Bros. set of reference, but that's still a complete downgrade from never-before-seen characters and worlds of prior Paper Mario (and I guess Mario & Luigi, before on 3DS they gradually also removed original characters and setpieces entirely). Plus actual RPG stories, even if kid friendly, instead of making everything revolve around the paper gag alone.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 01:54:19 PM by Spieler1 »

Tuckers Law

« Reply #8218 on: May 14, 2020, 02:59:52 PM »
That’s fair. :yeshrug

I dig the (Nintendo-friendly) Puppet Masters/Body Snatchers vibe they seem to be showing with Origami Peach, so I’m at the least a bit hopeful for the story.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8219 on: May 14, 2020, 04:40:54 PM »
What's with that Metroid tease  :existential
🤴